Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E06: Quick on the Draw

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

This post brought to you by Skippy peanut butter.

It looked like Tyson was scooping that peanut butter out of the jar with a seashell. Kind of grossed me out. I mean, how clean can that thing be? For that matter how clean can his hands be? 

• Love 3

Wow, I am shocked, you guys! Shocked, I tell you! I was certain my prediction from last episode's thread regarding Rob would come true, and am quite surprised that it didn't go that way. (Yet.) I'm also surprised they didn't play the love theme from The Young and the Restless during Rob and Ambuh's undoubtedly sloppy tear-filled heartfelt reunion.

I know there's a scene of their reunion, but I'm not watching it. I've had more than enough of Rob, and a bowl of soggy oatmeal is more exciting than Amber.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, fishcakes said:

Wendell is coming across as pretty dickish this time around. I get that he has issues with Michele and maybe that's more on her than on him (which is what I thought last week, but now I'm not so sure). But he was being unnecessarily nasty to Parvati as well. So superior and dismissive.

ITA. I liked Wendell during his first season and rooted for him to win, but his dismissive arrogance this time around really turned me off of him. And a lot of people have been saying that they noticed some of this assholish behaviour peeking through last time, which makes me wonder if I should re-watch that season.

8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree. I don’t understand Sandra’s popularity. She sat out most of the challenges and came across as arrogant to me. I was glad to see her go. The shock on her face was priceless. But I didn’t watch her seasons so maybe I missed something. Perhaps she came across better on those seasons.

Also agree. I know Sandra is popular and I'm not diminishing someone winning twice (!), but all of that self-impressed "the Queen stays Queen" bullshit is such a turn-off. It doesn't matter who the person is, I find anyone so impressed with themselves that they proclaim themselves legends or saints or saviours or some other bullshit to be unbelievably obnoxious. And just like Rob, I've had more than enough.

And my boyfriend agrees, even though he hasn't seen Sandra's seasons: when Jeff read Sandra's name, he jumped from laying on the sofa to standing and screamed "YES!!!" In our 12 years together, I'd never seen him move so fast!

So, Amber, Tyson, Rob, Sandra AND Parvati (AND Parvati's 92 teeth) are all chilling on Edge of Extinction?

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Now Denise is stuck on an island with people, who ALL wanted her gone. 

Two people who wanted her gone, one who mostly didn't want to be the target, and a merge (and thus a bunch of other people who didn't vote for her) just around the corner. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It looked like Tyson was scooping that peanut butter out of the jar with a seashell. Kind of grossed me out. I mean, how clean can that thing be? For that matter how clean can his hands be? 

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the shell and wondered, Why doesn’t he just use his hands?? But then I looked at his hands. Really no good option there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Unless, he had a spoon or even a fork to steal there weren’t many options. I noticed the shell right away & wondered how fast he scooped it up. That said, it was a pretty shell. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Unless, he had a spoon or even a fork to steal there weren’t many options. I noticed the shell right away & wondered how fast he scooped it up. That said, it was a pretty shell. 

Tyson: "I had to use this shell to scoop out the peanut butter. It's a little dirty, but it's alright. It's a pretty shell.

[beat]

Almost as pretty as me."

8 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I know there's a scene of their reunion, but I'm not watching it.

It's actually kind of cute.  It's not just about them reuniting, but there's also THs from Rob about how he got played and how tough it was for them both to leave their girls behind this time, but is still scheming and trying to figure out a way to get both him and Amber into the finals again.  There's also a TH from Amber about how she's happy to see him, but she knows she shouldn't be because he's also out of the game.  And there's scenes around the campfire where Rob talks about how astute Adam is, mentioning he gave his tokens to Parvati (which is how Tyson knew she had some to spend), and then razzing everyone else in a schoolyard chant about how he has his wife on the Edge and they don't.

Which is followed up by Natalie joking that Amber was her wife until Rob showed up.

Edited by SVNBob
Added link.
  • Love 2

I’m happy Sandra is gone.  I’ve never respected her ‘game’ and have  never figured out why she never got voted off.  

On the other hand, I do respect Parvati’s  ‘game’, which has had strategy behind her moves.  Plus she didn’t go sit on the Sandra bench all the time.  

Denise’s move tonight reminded me of Parvati’s triple immunity idol move. 

• Love 1

I can tell how good a season is (for me) by how many times I forget its on. I'm a pretty die hard fan and when I realize 30 minutes in that its on I know the season feels sort of blah to me. 

I love the old time players but they seem checked out (except maybe Sandra). Especially Boston Rob. Standing around with his little circle on a string game. Paravati hanging on the beach.

Then I think there is the "we know what the survivor producers want to see from us" like Tony, who I find entertaining, giving us the spy shack again.  The buddy system.  Why do I feel like they got some producer telling them - make sure you remind people of what you did, who you are or something. 

I know everyone wanted an all winners season but for me it hasn't turned out. I mean its a fair season on its own, but not the wowee winners season. 
Why the old timers have all this "they are such a huge threat" reputation makes it unfair.
It also makes me think that many of the new players realize their wins were duds. Michelle, Wendell (given his by #3), Ben. Weak winners and they seem to see themselves and each other as such.  We can only win against other weak winners, vs. Hey let me work with Parvati!  I'll give Adam and Nick and Sophie, they at least contemplated working with an old schooler.  

I get the impression that Rob and Parvati, who both said they would never come back, never. Got a phone call like, "Hey I know you said you wouldn't come back but you owe Survivor, you owe us, come back and we won't ask again." Lots of pressure.

I hope Denise's move bites her. Not because I love Sandra so much although she certainly has grown on me bit by season,  but because I think its not the smartest move so much as she was trying to win a place on the "players who made big memorable moves in their season" list and now I'm a famous Survivor player.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Daisy said:

I only have Yul Now (with a side of Sophie

With you so far...

and a pinch of Tony/Sarah

...annnd there ya lost me. 😉 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, Valerie said:

I've never liked Denise, and now I absolutely loathe her.

Why?  Because Denise dared to [GASP!!!] not let Sandra win?  😄

On 3/18/2020 at 10:58 PM, LadyChatts said:

I feel like Denise did that to rub it in.  I don’t know what her point was in getting rid of Sandra

Uh, I dunno; winning, maybe? 😆

unless she felt Sandra would hold it over her head or she didn’t want to work with her.  But I just thought it was unnecessary.  She could have voted Tony.  This was a case of big move-itis.  She was more concerned about having some mark.  

1. Maybe, to a degree - but there’s no denying it worked like a motherfucker.  More below.

And if Denise makes it to the final 3, will anyone care?  

uh, yeah - like, everyone.  Did you not see the reactions of Denise’s own tribemates?  If Denise makes it to F3, she has three votes sewn up right there - and probably four, including Sandra’s.  Regardless of whether you’re a Sandra fan or not, Denise owned EVERYBODY in that TC - and her tribemates’ stunned responses demonstrated more clearly than anything I could say just how much they knew that.  The 3 (Sandra / Tony / Kim) went in totally complacent they could dictate how this TC went (Sandra having her own expectations in that respect, of course), and Jeremy went along with them on a “better her than me” principle - hard to fault, that - but Denise turned their complacency into a size 14EE foot up their collective asses.  Best damn TC in a long while, IMHO.

It’s not like she convinced Sandra to give her the idol.  Sandra came to her first.  And as long as a man wins this season, Sandra still stays the queen.

If you say so ; IMHO, though, the queen just gave up her crown for a fire token.  Sandra got complacent, got played, and only got half-paid into the bargain.
Or, to put it another way - THAT royal got flushed. 🤣🤣🤣

On 3/20/2020 at 1:18 AM, SVNBob said:

Denise, without having seen it, figured out the Kellee play Sandra was trying to pull, and also figured out how to counter the full play by negating any votes on the most likely secondary target in Jeremy.

Indeed, the only close-to-a-mistake Denise might have made was in OVERestimating Sandra - i.e., assuming Sandra would take full advantage of Denise’s tip-the-vote idol play to single out a target of Sandra’s own rather than following the pack, and therefore playing her second idol to cover Jeremy’s turncoat ass and defeat a flanking vote.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:47 AM, Morrissey said:

Yes, there was an ulterior motive but still. Now Denise is stuck on an island with people, who ALL wanted her gone. 

Jeremy didn’t really want Denise gone, but he did not feel he had any choice; if Jeremy had refused to support the Three in their targeting of Denise, then their target could’ve switched just as easily to Jeremy instead.

in any case - by Denise covering Jeremy with a idol and then having it made glaringly obvious Jeremy had voted to evict in the same TC, Denise effectively slapped a BIG ole loyalty obligation on Jeremy now.  😁

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

With you so far...

...annnd there ya lost me. 😉 

Why?  Because Denise dared to [GASP!!!] not let Sandra win?  😄

yes 😉

i mean i'm over it now. but I'm not a big Denise fan. I  get the move, I respect the move, i don't like the move. 😄 

• Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, SVNBob said:

It's actually kind of cute.  It's not just about them reuniting, but there's also THs from Rob about how he got played and how tough it was for them both to leave their girls behind this time, but is still scheming and trying to figure out a way to get both him and Amber into the finals again.  There's also a TH from Amber about how she's happy to see him, but she knows she shouldn't be because he's also out of the game.  And there's scenes around the campfire where Rob talks about how astute Adam is, mentioning he gave his tokens to Parvati (which is how Tyson knew she had some to spend), and then razzing everyone else in a schoolyard chant about how he has his wife on the Edge and they don't.

Which is followed up by Natalie joking that Amber was her wife until Rob showed up.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not such a heartless bastard that I would not be able to count the days that my Survivor husband Adam was in danger. (But seriously, what day is it?) But Rob does discuss how astute Adam is. I would love it if Adam scored a win every week. The only downside for Adam lovers is, the more he scrapes by on physical/puzzle challenges, the more likely he's able to win physical challenges, that way he will be laying.