Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Airdate 202.03.01

The group must fight to defend Alexandria from an outside threat.

REMINDER:  This thread is for discussion of the episode only.  If you haven't see it happen onscreen, it does not belong here and your post WILL be removed.  DO NOT DISCUSS CASTING NEWS, including reported cast comings and goings, or spoilers.   We have separate threads for spoilers or the comics.  

Moments.  Just a bunch of moments strung together.  No storyline, no plot, no coherence.  These people have no fucking idea how to tell a story.

And could SOMEBODY fucking kill a bad guy?!?!?!  And make sure he/she is DEAD!!! Jesus!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Okay, I was liking this better than last week's ep. Beta's rampage through Alexandria was pretty creepy, intense and even scary. But they always have to fucking ruin it! The whole we've-seen-it-a-thousand-times Slasher thing with Beta - as if a child wouldn't know he wasn't really dead - and the whole Alpha is dying but oh, no, she's not. That whole thing was just filler and very very annoying filler as well. The whole "We love no one" bullshit at the end with the omnious music was BS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I was OK with this until the last 15 minutes pissed me off. Judith couldn't pass her gun to Rosita? Darryl should have bled out. Where was that one famished walker strolling by to find a ready to be snacked on Alpha lying there during the night (when you need one they can't be found)? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Such bad writing. And this could have been a good episode except every time something interesting  is going to happen they have it in the pitch dark where you can’t see what’s going on.  And then they really brought the stupid at the end where Daryl is practically dead and unable to move but Lydia manages to get him out of the garage and out into the woods by herself. 
Best part about this episode, no Negan. 

• Love 11

I wouldn't even call it specifically double-tapping. If you take someone down with a head-shot, and it's one of those episodes where the writers think bullets are rare and valuable and hard to replace, then, okay, fine. But anybody who seems to be dead from a body-shot, even if they're your best friend, still needs you to hit the brain if you don't want them coming back as a zombie. One way or the other, Beta was guaranteed to continue to be a threat.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Such bad writing. And this could have been a good episode except every time something interesting  is going to happen they have it in the pitch dark where you can’t see what’s going on.

Or they switch to cliches, or they bring any momentum and tension to a screeching halt, all the damned time. The writers just aren't good enough, by a long shot. They don't know how, and whoever is okaying this is worse. Everything is building up to a peak, Slasher-Beta notwithstanding, and they end it with a whimper, in this case that long, drawn-out scene with Awful muttering and drawling incomprehensibly on at night and more nonsensical blabbering the next day. She should have died asap. These writers are really good at killing episodes and turning anything that might be actually exciting into a big sloppy bowl of cold oatmeal. Hey, Kang? Maybe you can "try" to do something about that as well?

36 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

These people have no fucking idea how to tell a story.

Amen.

I really would rather listen to Negan than to Awful. Maybe she fornicated him to death.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

This was infinitely better than last week. Not good. But better. I mean, I couldn't even re-watch last week's. I turned it on while I was waiting for this one, and I sort of spot-watched a few scenes and there, but mostly just accepted it as a lost cause. This one? I might actually re-watch tonight, if AMC ever stops cramming up the late night Sunday line with random shit nobody asked for.

FPP and Rosita were the stars, no doubt about that. Honorable mention goes to Daryl, but his moment of awesomely kicking ass quickly devolved into a half hour of Alpha slurring and mumbling in a dark garage. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Double Tap Judith! DOUBLE TAP!

Most of the episode was actually pretty good. Beta attacking Alexandria was pretty cool and creepy, and Beta is generally the only Whisper that I actually find scary, and I freaking love No Fucks Gabriel, who is just sick of these worm eating assholes and wants to see them gone. "I spoke to God, he wants me to hang you." Even the fight between Darryl and Alpha was alright, even with the ridiculous blood spatter vision like some awful 60s schlock fest 3-D movie. 

And then, because this show cant quit while its ahead, we get the "dont keep attacking the monster when its down and just run like idiots" fight with Judith and Beta like the Friday the 13th sequel, where she just wont shoot the asshole the second time! And, while I get that its hard for Lydia to kill her mom...I really just want Alpha gone. I hate her stupid weird accent, I hate her stupid "we is dead" into to philosophy bullshit, and I really just want to be done with the Whispers. Like with many arc villains on this show, they have way outstayed their welcome, and I am just ready for something else. 

Still, I mostly enjoyed this episode except for the silly tropes towards the end, and thats more than I could say about last week and its ode to Carols drama. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10
(edited)

What a sad sunday that I passed.  I was alone at home and I watched Dr Who, Top Gear and The Walking dead in a row...  Three shows that I used to like/love a couple of years ago...

I watched the three of them either on fast forward (Too much talking/preaching) or doing something else on the meanwhile.  Something happens, you stop everything to watch then,  nan, I'll go back doing my dishes.   They all suffer from the same thing,  bad writing that gives bad acting.   

But "God" does not speak to me like to fpp, so who am i to judge those shows?🤔

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

All they have to do is frag Alpha, peel off those stupid masks and hotfoot it to hot showers, warm beds and REAL FOOD

FFS, Aaron has a pasta machine!!!!

Also until I began reading the thread I thought the garage was a defunct Lowes Garden Center 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

even with the ridiculous blood spatter vision like some awful 60s schlock fest 3-D movie.

It was looking like the filters that people use on instagram.  The same when they make the blood splater on some glass in front of the camera,  we are supposed to be impressed by those 12$ cheap effects...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I understood why people followed the Governor.  I even understood why people followed Negan.  But I have no idea why any of these fucking fools are hanging out in the woods eating WORMS and hanging out with walkers and following ALPHA.

I know! The Gov and even Negan gave people protection, decent food, beds, and frickin' bathrooms. They made sense that people would want to be there, especially Woodbury. You'd think when Beta entered the first house he'd stop, look around at the comparative luxury and think, "Hey, wait a minute..."

All the adults in this idiotic pack well remember living like human beings and would certainly want that again, more than anything. But noooo, they all prefer to be lice-covered, subsistance-level nomads sleeping on the ground, eating bugs and raw pigs and bowing down to that dirty little shaved rabid badger who beats them, kills them randomly and throws babies to walkers. Even the most devoted masochist would run screaming and begging to be taken in at Alexandria.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

So many stupid events on this one.  

1. How did beta sneak into Dante's grave?

2. Lydia just happens to be there AND able to drag Daryl to safety.  

3. Beta is left there after being shot in the chest.  Why didn't they knife him in the head if they thought he was dead?

4. Beta gets by everyone with guns at the ambush.

Ridiculous.  Hope the next ones got a bit more thought in the writing. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Double Tap Judith! DOUBLE TAP!

Most of the episode was actually pretty good. Beta attacking Alexandria was pretty cool and creepy, and Beta is generally the only Whisper that I actually find scary, and I freaking love No Fucks Gabriel, who is just sick of these worm eating assholes and wants to see them gone. "I spoke to God, he wants me to hang you." 

And then, because this show cant quit while its ahead, we get the "dont keep attacking the monster when its down and just run like idiots" fight with Judith and Beta like the Friday the 13th sequel, where she just wont shoot the asshole the second time! And, while I get that its hard for Lydia to kill her mom...I really just want Alpha gone. 

Yes, and yes. I find Beta freaking terrifying. His sheer size, skills, unfailing faith in Alpha and lack of fear makes for a fairly decent villain. That whole part of the episode was intense. Are there even that many Alexandrites left?

Gabriel is off the rails a bit, but I commend his can-do attitude and initiative.

I can't have been the only one screaming "JUST KILL HER ALREADY" at the TV. Damn it, Lydia.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, heisenberg said:

It was looking like the filters that people use on instagram.  The same when they make the blood splater on some glass in front of the camera,  we are supposed to be impressed by those 12$ cheap effects...

We had a similar thing with Aaron not long back, blurred vision caused by poison ivy or some such and Negan had to protect him all night. If a gimmick’s worth using its worth using thrice 🙄

I liked the episode, but pulling your clothing aside to reveal a bullet proof layer? Oh come on 🤬

• Love 5
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

We had a similar thing with Aaron not long back, blurred vision caused by poison ivy or some such and Negan had to protect him all night. If a gimmick’s worth using its worth using thrice 🙄

GIANT HOGWEED!

I don't know why Daryl's vision was so hampered anyway when you consider it's always pretty much like this;

daryl46570.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I liked the episode, but pulling your clothing aside to reveal a bullet proof layer? Oh come on 🤬

Actually, if you watched the Talking Dead (heh, heh, I know, right?) you would have learned that Beta took the bulletproof vest from one the first numbskulls he killed. If you remember they were gloating about the whisperers being cowards just because they gave Lydia an easy beat down. They were putting on the vests just before Beta switched off the lights. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

There was a fairly decent slasher movie in the middle of this one with Beta's sojourn through Alexandria.  The music, pacing, and scene cuts were all on point and the actor is big enough and menacing enough as a halfway believable slasher movie monster, right down to the mask.  I find myself now rooting for Gamma/Mary to survive this even if she continues to look like she's wearing a rubber beagle mask and needs a clue that hooking up with Alpha and a bunch of corpse wearing freaks probably qualifies as more than "a bad decision," so I found the mirroring "step towards me" scenes of her and Beta fairly affecting.  (It probably helps that I'm old enough to remember Thora Birch from American Beauty.)  I liked that she was under no illusion exactly what kind of monster she was dealing with.  As always with the Whisperers, though, I'm left wondering have none of these people seen any halfway functional communities in the 10-11 years since the ZA?  Mary keeps saying that Alpha lied, implying that she didn't know people could still live like, well ... people.  I know most of the societies we've seen over the show's run eventually collapsed, often with Rick and company's help, but really?  Not one that maybe gave them an inkling that they didn't have live like ferals in the woods eating worms?

I'm really kind of enjoying Gabriel's character probably the most in about forever, enough so to remember to call him by his actual name.  He's clearly out of fucks to give with these weirdos and just isn't having it anymore.  "I spoke to God and he told me to hang you."  Seth Gilliam is doing nice work bringing that.

Unfortunately, the rest is such a muddled mess of townspeople I guess we're supposed to recognize but don't and Daryl and Alpha fighting to a draw in a bloody mess.  I've liked Samantha Morton in a lot of roles, but I can barely understand anything she says through that thick syrupy accent and I generally feel like I'm not missing much.  I get the sentiment of Lydia not feeling able to kill her own parent, but girl, Daryl's abusive POS father wasn't sticking people's heads on pikes for funsies. This isn't going to get any better.  Did the crack lookout crew at Alexandria seriously not notice a bunch of faux walkers digging a tunnel that exited through their graveyard?

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Actually, if you watched the Talking Dead (heh, heh, I know, right?) you would have learned that Beta took the bulletproof vest from one the first numbskulls he killed. If you remember they were gloating about the whisperers being cowards just because they gave Lydia an easy beat down. They were putting on the vests just before Beta switched off the lights. 

And there's also some dialogue about it that got edited. "Why do they give us such heavy vests? I mean, who even makes vests this big? Who was this gigantic thing intended for, anyway? Bigfoot? Seriously, what are the odds that somebody that big is even still running around alive any more? And... there's a giant murderer standing behind me right now, isn't there?" 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

GIANT HOGWEED!

That’s the one 😁

55 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Actually, if you watched the Talking Dead (heh, heh, I know, right?) you would have learned that Beta took the bulletproof vest from one the first numbskulls he killed. If you remember they were gloating about the whisperers being cowards just because they gave Lydia an easy beat down.

It was so dark I didn’t even notice it was the same one, it’s not the fact that he was wearing it that riles, it’s just how many gazillion times in movies have we seen somebody stand up after getting both barrels in the chest, only for them to open their shirt to reveal body armour? Please, it ruined the whole scene, a little thought could have achieved the same result without the viewer groans 🙄

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Did the crack lookout crew at Alexandria seriously not notice a bunch of faux walkers digging a tunnel that exited through their graveyard?

In line with the ‘crack lookout crews’, night patrols and door locking procedures of Hilltop and Kingdom, No, they didn’t 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really just want Alpha gone. I hate her stupid weird accent, I hate her stupid "we is dead" into to philosophy bullshit, and I really just want to be done with the Whispers. Like with many arc villains on this show, they have way outstayed their welcome, and I am just ready for something else. 

You know, for a minute there I thought they might actually have the stones to kill off Alpha. I guess the part where she was crawling around gasping for her last breath is what fooled me, huh? I should have known better.

Hey, remember when this show was about the survivors? And how they had to overcome various obstacles including the villains? Now the show is about the villains. Kang & Co. have a bad case of what ailed Once Upon a Time. They are far more interested in the villains than they are in the heroes. Season 7 and 8 was all about Negan and the Saviors, and the last 2 seasons have been all about The Whisperers. The villains are supposed to be the supporting characters, not the main characters. 

• Love 10

I am grateful that these hack writers were not painting the floors in my house. For, every time that they painted themselves into a corner, they would look at each other, shrug and say "fuck it!", and leave a trail of footprints in their wake.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

It was a good visual showing Beta coming up out of the grave, but I had to wonder how he could find the exact place, dig through the dirt, then somehow leave it looking like a grave again. I think Ryan Hurst makes a good villain, but I don't understand the slow, measured way of talking. The Whisperers keep saying they think they are not alive, yet want to have Shakespearean speeches constantly. 

I'm also glad that women are not pigeonholed as characters here but just once I would like to see a mother say "I'm not going to leave my baby behind". I do like badass Gabriel and think Seth is one of the best actors they have on now. I know Samantha Morton is a good actress elsewhere but here she just hams it up as an insane person. Like others have said, cult leaders usually draw people in by showing them special treatment and promising things at first. Alpha has made it clear that she hates everyone, will kill you for any or no reason, you will live an awful life and have no chance of any sort of love. Also you will walk around wearing rotten flesh and eat worms. Sign me up!

Edited by Madding crowd
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

How did Beta know exactly where the dramatic-entrance-enhancing fresh grave was?

He didn’t, it was all down to the crack team of civil engineers, geologists and navigational experts, you know, the ones wearing dead peoples faces and eating worms, who were often seen carrying all the necessary equipment required to place the end of a tunnel beneath a 6’x3’ target 🤔

If only they’d have had these guys in Stalag Luft III 😋

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Samantha Morton is a good actress elsewhere but here she just hams it up as an insane person.

Seriously, she sounds like she's in a road company production of a Tennessee Williams play. The accent is cartoonish. I keep waiting for her to say "I've always reliiiiieeeed on the kindness of straaaangers." And why would she have such a thick southern accent when her daughter has none at all? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

If Alex was short on look-outs, why didn't the people sitting around in their homes, waiting to be zombified by Beta, help with the looking out?  Really lazy writing to hold some people aside in their home as a plot device.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, econ07 said:

If Alex was short on look-outs, why didn't the people sitting around in their homes, waiting to be zombified by Beta, help with the looking out?  Really lazy writing to hold some people aside in their home as a plot device.

You would have thought that by having so many people outside the walls at one time, those remaining would have ‘stood to’ and maintained a solid defence position, with both external and internal patrols. Alas this isn’t how the show works, they need inbuilt stupidity from the characters to move the story along 😥

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Seriously, she sounds like she's in a road company production of a Tennessee Williams play. The accent is cartoonish.

Is that even a real accent? Does anyone speak that way? I don't know. I've never been to the deep South. Not just the accent is annoying, but the delivery is as well. Did she and Beta make a pact that neither would use any contractions? Who the hell talks this way?

40 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

You would have thought that by having so many people outside the walls at one time, those remaining would have ‘stood to’ and maintained a solid defence position, with both external and internal patrols.

Why would they do that? There's only a band of murderous psychos who stick heads on pikes surrounding them, so why even bother locking a door, never mind standing sentry duty? Let's go to bed! Yes, murderous psycho Negan sashayed around town all night and made housecalls while we slumbered on, but nothing like that could ever happen again, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Rosita shooed Judith away from her usual spot at the jail window by saying they were all going on lockdown.  With half of their people out on their supposed rescue mission, they probably wanted to keep everybody who wasn't on active guard duty inside where they presumably would be out of the way and rested up to take their turn on watch.  Not a bad idea, but they apparently were stretched thin enough they missed a freaking tunnel in their graveyard.

• Love 4
(edited)

At one point I was wishing that all the people that got hurt (Alpha, Beta, Darryl) would die in this episode, it would have been pretty ballsy. 

Am I the only one who does not care about what is happening to Michonne going to Fantasy Island? 

I care more about Eugene with radio-Tinder because it is the only thing that gives me hope.  One more season of the whisperers and I am out.  If they are not all dead by the last episode of this season I am definitely quitting. 

I won't finish in a straitjacket for a stupid tv show.🤪

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Not just the accent is annoying, but the delivery is as well. Did she and Beta make a pact that neither would use any contractions? Who the hell talks this way?

Yeah, and she has this weird way of looking up and down at people who are speaking to her and moving her head from side to side as if she were an alien, or Gollum, or something.

It's an over the top performance meant to be scary, but it just comes off as silly to me. I suppose there are die-hard devotees who think she's doing a marvelous job (*cough cough chris hardwick) but I am not one of them. 

Again, this is something that would work OK in a still picture in a comic book but in live action it's preposterous. Up until Season 7 or so this wasn't a cartoonish show. It is now.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I suppose there are die-hard devotees who think she's doing a marvelous job (*cough cough chris hardwick)

Hardwick is paid to pretend to screech and wet his panties with glee over everything about this show ("Everyone loves Jadis!" No, we didn't, you silly little shit) Those of us getting no financial rewards for watching must be excused if we aren't orgasming over the brilliance.

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She has to be related to Maggie, just has to be

At least I could understand Maggie. At least Maggie didn't deliver her lines in that irritating sing-song drawl accompanied by cockatoo-like head movements. Whoever is responsible for this deserves to be whipped with a switch.

2 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Am I the only one who does not care about what is happening to Michonne going to Fantasy Island? 

You are not the ony one. Aside from plot considerations, watching a mother walk away from her two kids to go find adventure or some pot at the end of a rainbow with someone she met 10 minutes ago is not endearing.

Once every so often TPTB come up with a good scene, like the Whisperer killing Jesus and now with Beta's creepy murder spree - where I think we were able to go along with the implausibility of the tunnel because it was well done -  but those moments are so few and far between I'm thinking they're happy accidents.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I enjoyed the episode, and I've been enjoying the season since the break.  One thing I like is that they've been telling the story as a whole, moving forward.  As opposed to giving us a two part story focusing on two people from Alexandria, then two episodes focusing on two other characters from the Hilltop, then a retroactive story of the villain's origins, before finally getting back to the main story with everyone.  I don't want to jinx it, because as soon as I say that we're going to get a whole episode of Gamma's adventures in Santa Monica.

What I don't buy so much is how Alpha is not attacked in the gas station just because she's wearing a zombie mask.  What, they don't recognize her?  She's oozing from fresh wounds, surely the zombies can smell the fresh blood.  I'm sure she stinks to high heaven, but that must be a different smell than the walking dead.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Is that even a real accent? Does anyone speak that way? I don't know. I've never been to the deep South.

Don’t worry if you’re missing anything, then, because you sure as hell won’t hear it around here.  First time Awful opened her trap and strung together more than two sentences the old lady and I looked at each other and said, “What the fuck was THAT shit supposed to be?”

5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Not just the accent is annoying, but the delivery is as well. Did she and Beta make a pact that neither would use any contractions? Who the hell talks this way?

Hollywood diction coaches who have never been further south than Tijuana, I’m guessing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

What I don't buy so much is how Alpha is not attacked in the gas station just because she's wearing a zombie mask.  What, they don't recognize her?  She's oozing from fresh wounds, surely the zombies can smell the fresh blood.  I'm sure she stinks to high heaven, but that must be a different smell than the walking dead.

My guess is that she does not need the mask anymore,  she smells so bad that the walkers prefers starving rather than going near her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

What I don't buy so much is how Alpha is not attacked in the gas station just because she's wearing a zombie mask.  What, they don't recognize her?

Wearing a silly rubber mask makes people completely invisible to walkers, like a Star Trekian cloaking device. I think that was the last New Rule we got. Too bad our gang never got that memo.

1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

she smells so bad that the walkers prefers starving rather than going near her.

As much as I hate to do so I have to tip my hat to Negan for having the intestinal fortitude to bite that bullet, or, well, you know what I mean.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know! The Gov and even Negan gave people protection, decent food, beds, and frickin' bathrooms. They made sense that people would want to be there, especially Woodbury. You'd think when Beta entered the first house he'd stop, look around at the comparative luxury and think, "Hey, wait a minute..."

All the adults in this idiotic pack well remember living like human beings and would certainly want that again, more than anything. But noooo, they all prefer to be lice-covered, subsistance-level nomads sleeping on the ground, eating bugs and raw pigs and bowing down to that dirty little shaved rabid badger who beats them, kills them randomly and throws babies to walkers. Even the most devoted masochist would run screaming and begging to be taken in at Alexandria.

They had Country Time lemonade! And super fun Gladiator fights! 
Even the Termites had more to offer. Sure the people meat is questionable, but they had CB radios before Yoogene rigged one up. The Claimers were assholes who enjoyed being assholes and banded together for fun such as it was. This whisper thing just seems to suck, like being in the civil war for years. Just dragging your dirty assfrom Florida to Virginia , larger rinse repeat. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

There has to be tons of free housing sitting around in the ZA.  I don't understand why there are so many of these survivor groups roaming around in the woods.  Even if they want to keep moving to replenish resources, they could at least make camp in some of these houses or buildings.

1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

My guess is that she does not need the mask anymore,  she smells so bad that the walkers prefers starving rather than going near her.

I can buy that line of reasoning, but it doesn't explain why they would then go near to Daryl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I don't blame Michonne one bit for taking the first thing smoking out of that place  She's spent SIX YEARS being the Widow Grimes, devoting her life to keeping a bunch of knuckleheads safe and raising Rick Grimes' kids.  Her daughter imprints on every sociopath that gets tossed in Alexandria's jail.  NOBODY remember her little boy.

Everyone has paired off.  Carol's even tossing aside good looking men who love her.  Even EUGENE is getting some long-distance play.  Why shouldn't Michonne take up with the first likely brother that comes along and get the fuck out of Dodge?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Why shouldn't Michonne take up with the first likely brother that comes along and get the fuck out of Dodge?

Mainly because we’ve had the absolute devotion she’s shown to ‘her kids’ rammed down our throats for so long, would she seriously leave them behind to go off on a solo mission when there were so many other people who could have gone in her stead?

Obviously the whole situation has been worked around her future with the show, but it doesn’t make it in any way believable.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

would she seriously leave them behind to go off on a solo mission when there were so many other people who could have gone in her stead?

Yeah, someone who doesn't have a couple of kids. Who just walks away? She didn't even mention the fruit of Rick's loins or even say goodbye.

• LOL 1

I've watched this twice (don't ask) and I still don't get what's going on. Daryl went off to . . . find another entrance to the caves? To see if Magna and Connie survived? Is that it? Then he saw Alpha and some other Whisperers leading a few Walkers out of said cave, but why? Were they just stopping by for a supply of guard Walkers or something? They didn't take away more than a dozen of them at most. So they weren't moving the whole herd or anything.

Then there's Beta, I guess. I love how we're just supposed to recognize who he is when he's wearing the same damn Walker mask every other Whisperer is. Are we supposed to know him from his clothes? Or just because he's tall?

Am I to assume these tunnels have been there all along? And nobody in Alexandria knew about them? Or am I to assume the Whisperers built the tunnels? Because both those ideas are absurd.

I get that Beta infiltrated Alexandria to retrieve Gamma but his little killing spree raises the question of what the Whisperers intend for Alexandria and Hilltop in the long run. If they want to wipe them out why not just turn this dreaded herd on them and be done with it? Why do they keep messing with them instead?

Wearing a silly rubber mask makes people completely invisible to walkers, like a Star Trekian cloaking device. I think that was the last New Rule we got. Too bad our gang never got that memo.

I'm never going to get past this. It flies in the face of everything we've been told about the Walkers for seven seasons. They're not even covering their whole bodies, just their heads. With something so old it can't possibly smell that much anymore. WTF. If that's all it takes to fool the Walkers, why don't the Alexandrians and the Hilltoppers just get masks too? Problem solved. It's not rocket science. The Whisperers aren't doing anything the Alexandrians couldn't do themselves. 

In short . . . this is dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7