Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Yeah I'm sure there are cancellations all the time: flight delays, illness, changing their minds etc.

Frankie's a miserable person partially because if you don't like him it's because you're homophobic. Even if you're gay.

• Love 2

I've done the dive at Epcot. I've never had to wait, but I always go off season. He's making it sound like something only a special snowflake can do, but anyone willing to shell out a couple hundred bucks and who is scuba certified can do it. They even give you a video of your dive at the end. I highly recommend it. It's the one dive of your life where the water is crystal clear and you're guaranteed to see amazing wildlife.

Trivia about me:I'm one of 9 people that has Walt Disney World listed on my card as my certification location, because I was trained by them to dive for them. I beat Frankie in awesome!

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 23

Grey Gardens - Oh, how I love thee!  (Although I can totes see Frankie turning into Little Edie in his later years!)

Love Grey Gardens, too.  And yes, hahahahahaha!  Frankie is on his way to some bizarre aging mess, for sure.  

He didn't understand that claiming Amber as his woman like some caveman, and then becoming infuriated when she didn't reciprocate and get right in line was grotesque misogynistic behavior, because in the places he comes from, misogyny isn't a thing that is dealt with in his circles.  Stories he has told about his brothers with women have proved that.

Caleb is definitely a product of his environment, but he may not have been such a douche in his quest to impress Amber if the other houseguests hadn't encouraged him and egged him on to continue to pursue her even after it was quite obvious that she wasn't interested.  They convinced him that if he kept after her, she'd at some point reciprocate his feelings.  I think they found it entertaining, and that was more important than Amber's obvious discomfort.   

• Love 3

...unless they go through a FF/DE-type speed round whereupon they go through a HOH comp/nom/POV/eviction after the Rewind reveal. It would be doable - barely.

They'd have to do HOH, noms, veto, veto ceremony, voting, eviction, and Julie interview in 25 minutes not including commercials. It's impossible. I guess they could maybe a BB Canada Instant Eviction in that time, but I imagine they would've announced that. It is just not likely that someone is getting evicted on Wednesday. We have to put up with all 5 of these jamokes for at least 6 more days.

How about CBS takes these last 5 and throws them right into "Survivor" and make them really earn the money? Now that would be a great gold button twist! Can you picture any of them on "Survivor"? Caleb may do okay, but you can't get hair extensions & glitter on an uninhabited island.   ;-)

I think Caleb would be terrible on Survivor. He whined so damn much about being a have not/slop.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I keep hearing them use the term "jamoke" and finally looked it up......

Wicktionary - Appearing at the end of the 19th century as a blend of java and mocha, by the 1920s it became slang for someone who lacked mental abilities beyond that of a cup of coffee, probably influenced by moke. In the 1960s it also began to be used as slang for male genitalia.

The  Urban Dictionary combines it with terms like idiot, loser, tool, belieber (!), fag (just quoting here) and fucktard.

LOL - oh yeah, a house full of jamokes!

• Love 1

Derrick subtly shading all these idiots every time he calls them this and they have no idea!

I found a really good article on Derrick's game. It made me appreciate it more, yet at the same time reminded me just how much I don't respect his game and don't think it's that good. And I still hope he loses.

I just hope Donny is still SUPER bitter about Derrick because I think Donny will have a lot of influence over how most of the jury votes. Unless the F2 is Frankie/Derrick and then I hope Donny forgets Derrick sucks and remembers Frankie is a vile piece of shit.

• Love 4

They'd have to do HOH, noms, veto, veto ceremony, voting, eviction, and Julie interview in 25 minutes not including commercials. It's impossible. I guess they could maybe a BB Canada Instant Eviction in that time, but I imagine they would've announced that. It is just not likely that someone is getting evicted on Wednesday. We have to put up with all 5 of these jamokes for at least 6 more days.

I must be completely missing something. Last Thursday, they did a live vote, interview, then HOH, noms, veto, veto ceremony,2nd live vote and 2nd interview, all during the live show.

So why couldn't they open with getting ready to do the live vote, then announce the rewind twist (which should take less time then an actual eviction/interview), then go onto the 2nd part (like the Christine eviction last week).

I totally think it is doable, IMO.

Caleb is not a sociopath. He's just a blowhard. He makes up stories to pump up his own ego and to make himself appear larger than life to others. Who knows if the killing a hog with a stick story is even true? It seems more like a story told to impress to me. Probably Caleb takes bits of stories others have told and puts himself in the story. Storytelling is part of the Southern culture too. Remember, even Cakeb's letter from home said, "Don't make up too many stories."

I don't recall the others really egging on Caleb in his Amber obsession. That seemed to come all from him and his misplaced romanticism and starring, as usual, himself as the hero. I don't find Caleb amusing because I think talking to someone like him is tiresome. He's rarely real, but rather some magnified ideal he has in his head. Fantastical stories just bore me. People like this seem hollow to me. Frankie with all his falseness is more real to me than Caleb.

As a person, I think I like Cody the best because he seems to be basically nice and genuine although like all of us has his moments where he isn't. He seems to have moments of regrets and second thoughts about his actions which leads me to believe he is somewhat self reflective.

Most HGs behave dispicably. It's the nature of Big Brother to bring out lying, deceit, and desperation. Those who don't engage to some extent are unlikely to win.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 1

I must be completely missing something. Last Thursday, they did a live vote, interview, then HOH, noms, veto, veto ceremony,2nd live vote and 2nd interview, all during the live show.

So why couldn't they open with getting ready to do the live vote, then announce the rewind twist (which should take less time then an actual eviction/interview), then go onto the 2nd part (like the Christine eviction last week).

I totally think it is doable, IMO.

It's because they did the vote at around 6:15, and this week the timer ends around 5:35.  When they do a double, the first eviction is earlier.  This week it is at it's normally scheduled time, if we are to believe the countdown clock.

I seriously wonder if Derrick will win, because we have had the benefit of seeing his entire game, while the houseguests who are voting on the winner, haven't. So many of them think Frankie is running the house, and Derrick isn't a thought in their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was a floating coat-tail rider.

He needs to have a great speech at the finals to really open up everyone's eyes so they see that he was truly the one running things, or else I think it's second place for him.

• Love 2
He needs to have a great speech at the finals to really open up everyone's eyes so they see that he was truly the one running things, or else I think it's second place for him.

Derrick's probably been perfecting, editing, massaging, enhancing and doctoring that speech since Day 1 in the house.  I can't wait to hear it.

• Love 7

I've had this same though for about a month now. Hopefully (?) his "photographic memory" has a running play by play of his "moves" and he can translate that into a great short ME ME speech...unless he's up against Frankie. I'm really beginning to believe Frankie would win. As if it hasn't been said enough, Frankie HAS GOT TO GO!! NOW!! The rewind competitions AG picks will, IMO, show us who the favorite is. But is there a game out there in BBland that Frankie isn't good at?

Derrick subtly shading all these idiots every time he calls them this and they have no idea!

I found a really good article on Derrick's game. It made me appreciate it more, yet at the same time reminded me just how much I don't respect his game and don't think it's that good. And I still hope he loses.

I just hope Donny is still SUPER bitter about Derrick because I think Donny will have a lot of influence over how most of the jury votes. Unless the F2 is Frankie/Derrick and then I hope Donny forgets Derrick sucks and remembers Frankie is a vile piece of shit.

I actually hope Donny isn't bitter. I really dislike bitter jury members and I like Donny. They almost always tend to be hypocrites and if they don't get that lying and back stabbing is part of the game by now - both on this and Survivor then they are fools and deserved to be voted out.

• Love 3
Joker's:
Mon 1:10 AM BBT Vic "I can't wait for you to meet strong Victoria." D "I can't wait for you to meet Derrick."

Now that's just kinda spooky.

I have no idea what the context for this was, but it has had me in stitches for several minutes now.  It is spooky, but weirdly funny.

The majority of this year's players have had so much time together to bond, but they mostly just talk game, over and over, all the time, endlessly.  And 99.9% of the game talk is all just bullshit that never came to fruition anyway, so they may as well have been speaking Elvish for all the good it did.

Exactly!  It's just game, game, game, game, game, bashing Donny/ Christine/ whipping boy of the day, game, game, game.  And yet, for all that talk, they never actually DO anything interesting in the game.  They talk for hours upon hours about strategy and "big moves" and whatnot, and in the end, they just stick to the same old original boring game plan.  

I've taken to playing a "what if" game in my head, like.. What if all the women hadn't so craptastically shut down Joey's idea of a women's alliance?  And then I try to play out the whole season in my head.  It's like a really bizarre version of fan fiction, and it has been much more interesting than these feeds lately.

The other night, the guys were talking game (of course), and they admitted that the dual HOH twist is the only reason they're all still there, because it encouraged people to nominate weaker players instead of challenge threats.  We've all been saying this for weeks, but I hadn't heard the HGs discuss it before, and it got me wondering - when this twist was planned, did the show runners not realize this is what would happen?  Or is this what they *wanted* to happen?  And if the latter, WHY???  

• Love 2

I think Derrick has had his speech prepared for quite some time. Right now, he's perfecting it and adding recent accomplishments to his list. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Derrick will win if he makes it to F2. He's smart, well spoken, respected, and will manage to manipulate the jury one last time for the outcome he desires.

Many people applaud his game play. I think is disturbing that a person can have the capability to double talk, manipulate, zero in on specific personality types, lie, and backstab the way Derrick does. I realize he's not alone with this "gift" but to watch it play out day after day for almost three months gives me pause. If I were a family member, friend, or co-worker of Derrick I would always keep this part of him in the back of my mind.

I realize Derrick was probably taught, at the police academy (or somewhere), exactly how to perfect this sort of thing but I still think it's unsettling to watch how people succumb to his manipulations so easily.

Exactly! It's just game, game, game, game, game, bashing Donny/ Christine/ whipping boy of the day, game, game, game. And yet, for all that talk, they never actually DO anything interesting in the game. They talk for hours upon hours about strategy and "big moves" and whatnot, and in the end, they just stick to the same old original boring game plan.

...and it's usually Derrick who begins/leads these boring talks. He just has to make sure his minions are following his plan of attack all the while leading them to think the plan is all theirs.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 6

Caleb is not a sociopath. He's just a blowhard. He makes up stories to pump up his own ego and to make himself appear larger than life to others. Who knows if the killing a hog with a stick story is even true? It seems more like a story told to impress to me. Probably Caleb takes bits of stories others have told and puts himself in the story. Storytelling is part of the Southern culture too. Remember, even Cakeb's letter from home said, "Don't make up too many stories."

I don't recall the others really egging on Caleb in his Amber obsession. That seemed to come all from him and his misplaced romanticism and starring, as usual, himself as the hero. I don't find Caleb amusing because I think talking to someone like him is tiresome. He's rarely real, but rather some magnified ideal he has in his head. Fantastical stories just bore me. People like this seem hollow to me. Frankie with all his falseness is more real to me than Caleb.

As a person, I think I like Cody the best because he seems to be basically nice and genuine although like all of us has his moments where he isn't. He seems to have moments of regrets and second thoughts about his actions which leads me to believe he is somewhat self reflective.

There's actually video Caleb posted of this.  I haven't got the stomach to watch it, but it's not too hard to find if you Google it.  I agree about Cody.  He made some bad game decisions and said a few regrettable things, but I think a lot of it can be chalked up to the fact that he's only 23.  

I seriously wonder if Derrick will win, because we have had the benefit of seeing his entire game, while the houseguests who are voting on the winner, haven't. So many of them think Frankie is running the house, and Derrick isn't a thought in their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was a floating coat-tail rider.

I'm sure he has to have a pretty good speech planned, although I haven't seen him practice it like Frankie does.  My thought is that saving it for the final 2 might be the worst possible timing.  I'm not sure there's enough time for the info to sink in and be processed or for the inevitable wave of shock and betrayal to fade into (grudging) admiration.

• Love 2

From Joker's:

4:23 AM Derrick "If you told me I couldn't have any more kids because the dogs are around than I just wouldn't have any more kids." NT
4:20 AM Vic asks wouldn't he rather sell his dogs and have 2 more kids. Vic asks if she is being heartless. Der says no she isnot heartless just ignorant because she doesn't own any animals. That she doesn't know how it feels like. He says if she had a dog and raised it from a baby she might feel different.
4:18 AM Derrick tells Victoria that his 2 dogs are like children to him and his wife. He asks her would you sell your kids? NT
4:16 AM Der talking about his pug getting skin cancer 4 times. Vic asking why he doesn't just sell his dogs to avoid paying extra bills. NT

Well, that settles it. As a co-habitator with 2 pugs, I guess I'm rooting for Derrick. :-)

• Love 15

I just heard Cody say on BBAD that he thinks he can beat Frankie if they were in the Final 2. He's out of his mind. I honestly don't see Cody beating any of these people unless he goes on a competition tear at the end.

Also, I don't know if Frankie is just in his room or what but him not being on BBAD is an absolute luxury.

Agreed! I DVR it and watched this morning and it was refreshing to not see him play with his hair, smack his lips when he eats and well.....be a douche. 

• Love 1

I actually hope Donny isn't bitter. I really dislike bitter jury members and I like Donny. They almost always tend to be hypocrites and if they don't get that lying and back stabbing is part of the game by now - both on this and Survivor then they are fools and deserved to be voted out.

There's two types of Jury votes cast in BB - or any reality show, for that matter; votes based on strategy (covers both comps and social game), and votes based on personality (almost purely based on social game).

It's my impression fans of the game (such as Donny) overwhelmingly base their votes on strategy. I see Donny as a solid vote for Derrick, if Derrick makes F2.

• Love 3

4:23 AM Derrick "If you told me I couldn't have any more kids because the dogs are around than I just wouldn't have any more kids." NT

4:20 AM Vic asks wouldn't he rather sell his dogs and have 2 more kids. Vic asks if she is being heartless. Der says no she isnot heartless just ignorant because she doesn't own any animals. That she doesn't know how it feels like. He says if she had a dog and raised it from a baby she might feel different.

4:18 AM Derrick tells Victoria that his 2 dogs are like children to him and his wife. He asks her would you sell your kids? NT

4:16 AM Der talking about his pug getting skin cancer 4 times. Vic asking why he doesn't just sell his dogs to avoid paying extra bills. NT

Victoria is such an unaware dimwit.   

• Love 2

From Joker's:

Well, that settles it. As a co-habitator with 2 pugs, I guess I'm rooting for Derrick. :-)

It is always so interesting to me how differently people view this topic. I remember Evel Dick picking on Amber because she said she loved her dog as much as her daughter (or something) and he basically kept harassing her about it. He would harass someone about anything though! 

So I am glad Derrick wasn't an asshole to Vic because it doesn't seem like she was trying to be mean about it. She just doesn't get it. I don't have pets either. I understand people wanting to do everything they can for them. At a certain point though, I don't think it is worth the pet's suffering. 

• Love 1

Agreed! I DVR it and watched this morning and it was refreshing to not see him play with his hair, smack his lips when he eats and well.....be a douche. 

Yeah, I don't understand how a self proclaimed media mogul can eat like a freaking cow! Ugh. So disqusting!

I don't know, I have two dogs and I can safely say that I love my child more then my dogs and that if my child had allergies to the dogs I would look into rehoming them if the allergies were serious enough. I love my pups, they are great dogs but my child comes first. And I sure would not stop having kids for the sake of dogs if I wanted another child.

Our dogs have toys, beds, treats up the wazoo and go to doggie day care every once in a while. They are well loved and cared for. But they have had to learn that the 2 year old comes first and that they cannot knock him out of the way to get pets or take his food. He can't tell them he is higher priority (he tries but at two his telling the dogs no or move or stop licking me really doesn't have that much force) so we do that for him and they are learning. Well, not on the licking, Cooper loves to lick the little man. He smells like a walking buffet to the pups.

I wouldn't harass someone because they equally love their pet and their child but I would internally question their priorities. And I am sure that they question my priorities.

• Love 6

At this point in the game, we are seeing the real house guests. There is only so much acting you can do for so long. We are seeing the real Frankie. And the real Derrick. He's letting his guard down. Victoria is no act. Caleb and Cody are what they are.

With everyone, except for Frankie, there is good and bad. I really don't see any of them really being bad people. Except for Frankie.

I just wish they would cast less pretty 20 somethings who are looking for fame and more regular folks. All ages. Different walks of life. And most importantly they know the show and want to play the game.

That's the fun of watching the show for me. People that normally would not befriend each other in real life become friends inside and outside the house. I could do without showmances all together.

• Love 5

From Joker's:

Gina64, I have a Pug too and I actually like Derrick better too for having one.  I actually squealed with joy when they showed his video from home and I saw the pug in the background.  LOL

• Love 1

I don't believe in bitter juries. Or I should say that I don't believe it says they're bad people if they don't vote for someone they feel is an asshole. If you create a bitter jury and lose, it's on you.

There's two types of Jury votes cast in BB - or any reality show, for that matter; votes based on strategy (covers both comps and social game), and votes based on personality (almost purely based on social game).

It's my impression fans of the game (such as Donny) overwhelmingly base their votes on strategy. I see Donny as a solid vote for Derrick, if Derrick makes F2.

I am a huge fan of the game and I would vote based on personality. I would never vote for someone I didn't like unless I had no choice. And IMO the overwhelming majority of reality tv show juries are the same. The winner is pretty much always the person better liked than their competitor. It's just human nature. The game is social, you have to live with these people, you get to know them, and it would be hard to vote for a piece of shit even if you can see they played a phenomenal game.

ETA: I think Dick is probably the biggest exception, but that season doesn't even count IMO since it was so overwhelmingly rigged in Dick's favor.

ETAA: Now, if Derrick loses (which isn't very likely) it will have nothing to do with people not liking him it'll just be because he was too subtle for these idiots. Which I think would be just so beautiful. The stupidity of this cast was his luckiest break but it could potentially cost him the game. It's so hilariously perfect. Although, IMO, in Donny's case, Donny doesn't particularly care for Derrick or his tactics, but maybe I'm projecting. 

I'll never forget my fave moment of this season, Derrick saying "Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself," and then leaving the room and Donny replying, "Maybe you should." Watching this boring ass season was worth it for that!

• Love 8

Yesterday I heard "beast mode" used in two different non-BB TV shows.  KMN!

What does KMN mean?  Kill Me Now?  Just guessing.

With Victoria's attitude about dogs being what it is, I wonder how she'll react to the dog they let loose in the house?  I'll bet she would prefer a cat on a leash.  And I'm guessing the Rottweiler will be a puppy, not a full-grown adult dog.  

I'll bet the guys (except for Frankie) got nuts over it (in a good way).

• Love 1

When does the dog come?? Today? Tomorrow? How is the dog being brought in? They can't just leave it in the storage room lmao. Or maybe they can. Maybe we will have a special guest that brings it in.

Clearly I have a lot of questions about this!! Haha

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4

It is always so interesting to me how differently people view this topic. I remember Evel Dick picking on Amber because she said she loved her dog as much as her daughter (or something) and he basically kept harassing her about it. He would harass someone about anything though! 

So I am glad Derrick wasn't an asshole to Vic because it doesn't seem like she was trying to be mean about it. She just doesn't get it. I don't have pets either. I understand people wanting to do everything they can for them. At a certain point though, I don't think it is worth the pet's suffering. 

I agree, I don't think she was being heartless. If you've never had pets, then you wouldn't necessarily understand where he was coming from.

God, I hope things liven up soon. Am I being naive for hoping they will? lol

• Love 1
I'll bet the guys (except for Frankie) got nuts over it (in a good way).​

Frankie will monopolize the dog and use it as an accessory to get attention and footage.   He leaped to hold Jordan's dog knowing the camera would want some footage of her!

Yep, and yep.  Frankie's no dummy, he knows that if they put a dog in the house, the dog is going to get air time, especially when it first shows up.  So he'll be front and center, jumping up and down, checking which cameras are on him, and striking poses.  Then, after about an hour or so, he'll forget all about it.  I bet Cody takes over and just cuddles the dog to within an inch of its life!

Do these houseguests really have nothing going on until Wednesday night?  Veto comp and ceremony are over, Jeff and Jordan were already there, they already hit the button - so they're just going to sit there doing nothing for 3 days?  I would go absolutely insane.  Also, not great for the feeds.  Even with these game-talk-obsessed HGs, there's only so much game you can talk when only 2 people are voting!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

When does the dog come?? Today? Tomorrow? How is the dog being brought in? They can't just leave it in the storage room lmao. Or maybe they can. Maybe we will have a special guest that brings it in.

Clearly I have a lot of questions about this!! Haha

Can we keep him, Mom, can we?? Whatever happens: "Who's a good boy? You's a good boy!" 

• Love 1
I found a really good article on Derrick's game. It made me appreciate it more, yet at the same time reminded me just how much I don't respect his game and don't think it's that good. And I still hope he loses.

Great article. At the end of the day, Derrick just didn't face any real competition. His strategy was to get rid of everyone he couldn't control and to  align with the weakest players in terms of the ability to think for themselves. Even those players who were "strong" in the sense of not being completely controlled by Derrick weren't very good at the game and they either aligned with him until he chose to cut them loose or floundered on their own until he chose to evict them.

The casting was really uneven this year, especially in terms of Derrick. There were a couple of others who were on his level in terms of maturity and emotional stability, but they either sucked at the game (Jocasta), were only good at certain aspects of the game (Donny), or were significantly "demographically challenged" in terms of being the type of person that most of the others would want to align with (Donny and everyone with a vagina). Christine was probably the strongest female player and Christine really isn't a good player. Derrick was pretty much the only one who came into the house hungry for the $500K and willing to work hard to get it. Being on TV/getting show biz opportunities afterward was at least equally important to most of the others. Even Donny, whom I love as a person, was more looking to have a good time and play with integrity than to win the money at all costs. Derrick has worked this like a job all summer. I'm not even saying that it's better to have that kind of attitude vs. Donny's, but that attitude makes Derrick a much stronger competitor (on top of his other strengths compared to Donny). Derrick is not an interesting casting choice outside of his skill at the game, so it's particularly weird that they put him with this bunch. I think skill at the game is a good reason to cast someone and I wish they'd cast more people like that, but my point is that Derrick is not some musclehead or wacko or relative of a celebrity who I could see as having been cast for that reason and just happened to be head and shoulders above everyone else in gameplay. He's an "undercover cop," and I could see that being an appealing "character," but I'm sure lots of cops apply/could be recruited and that many of them are more interesting and/or better looking than Derrick. It seems to me that they cast him because it was clear that his personality, as well as his professional experience, would make him a strong strategic player. No one else in the cast comes off that way to me at all.

ETAA: Now, if Derrick loses (which isn't very likely) it will have nothing to do with people not liking him it'll just be because he was too subtle for these idiots. Which I think would be just so beautiful. The stupidity of this cast was his luckiest break but it could potentially cost him the game. It's so hilariously perfect. Although, IMO, in Donny's case, Donny doesn't particularly care for Derrick or his tactics, but maybe I'm projecting.

I agree that it would be hilarious if the cast's stupidity, Derrick's greatest weapon, ended up being his downfall. Donny said that he had issues with Derrick because Frankie, Christine, and the others he perceived as being in control never promised him anything, but Derrick did. I think he was insulted by Derrick bullshitting him all the time and insulting his intelligence. Also, he saw how Derrick's game is hypocritical and sneaky while he constantly plays the "Nice Guy and Noble Father Trying to Feed His Child" card. I can totally see how that would bug him. I could see Donny's vote going either way. He may get over the above in jury and vote for Derrick because he played a better game or he might hold the above against him and not vote for him. I think either would be fine and reasonable and "fair." There is no rule that says "The person who orchestrated the most evictions/won the most comps/made the most friends/etc. should win."

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 6

Too good to pass up - from Joker's:

Mon 1:08 PM BBT Caleb "I don't do Halloween... I have dressed up before. Last time I was a cowboy. I don't do sparkly fairy stuff. I don't do stuff like that . Some people say i'm too man. Too manly to do Halloween. I get weirded out by some of that stuff... I just feel awkward. For me I think of the downfalls ...what if someone's dressed like that but that's who they really are? Bad? I don't trust anybody during Halloween. Dude with a hockey mask might smoke you with a Bud Light bottle."

Boy has put some serious thought into this subject, ain't he now?

So - putting on a costume hockey mask can turn you into an alcoholic Michael Myers?

I'll have to remember that come performance appraisal time with my supervisor.

;>

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

I found a really good article on Derrick's game. It made me appreciate it more, yet at the same time reminded me just how much I don't respect his game and don't think it's that good. And I still hope he loses.

I searched back through pages of posts and cannot find a link to that article. Can you please repost it? Thanks. 

Edited by DakotaLavender

We've all been saying this for weeks, but I hadn't heard the HGs discuss it before, and it got me wondering - when this twist was planned, did the show runners not realize this is what would happen?  Or is this what they *wanted* to happen?  And if the latter, WHY???

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they wanted a season where an alpha male type won. Because, to be fair enough, the typical format DOES hurt alpha males. I don't think it is a big deal for alpha males to be at a disadvantage, since all it requires is better game play and they can still win (The Brigade's season, Dan's season) but yes, the deck is normally stacked against alpha males, so this year, BB decided to heavily stack the deck in their favor plus then throw in a terrible female cast just to make sure. And even THEN, there was a chance that it would not have gone this exact way if it were not for Devin's moronic decision to add Christine and Amber to the male alliance (plus, there is the chance that Team America also played a role). 

So we had a terrible twist designed to make guys play together, we had more horrible than normal female casting, we had a second dumb twist that might have played a role AND we had one of the odder BB moves I've ever seen (going against his own SIX PERSON alliance to add TWO MORE people to make an EIGHT PERSON alliance, which is already insane, but then you add in the fact that he had not even VETTED his additions first!!!) to give us this specific result. Because of that, I just can't truly respect any of these remaining players in terms of overall BB gamesmanship. In this particular house, with all of these particular advantages, Derrick clearly has played the best game so far (with Frankie pretty damn  close due to his strong play in the competitions) but the situation is so specific that I just can't give anyone too much credit. The Brigade were boring as shit, but they competed and won in a typical BB season, which made that achievement exceptional (boring as hell, but still exceptional). 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 7

hmmm... I really don't believe that Caleb doesn't use Halloween as an excuse to wear the least amount of clothing as possible in public.

I'd also like to ad the word "smoke" to list of overly used words this season.

• Love 2

I don't believe in bitter juries. Or I should say that I don't believe it says they're bad people if they don't vote for someone they feel is an asshole. If you create a bitter jury and lose, it's on you.

I am a huge fan of the game and I would vote based on personality. I would never vote for someone I didn't like unless I had no choice. And IMO the overwhelming majority of reality tv show juries are the same. The winner is pretty much always the person better liked than their competitor. It's just human nature. The game is social, you have to live with these people, you get to know them, and it would be hard to vote for a piece of shit even if you can see they played a phenomenal game.

I don't think a bitter juror is a bad person but 9 times out of 10 they are a hypocrite. That said I don't disagree that most people do vote on personality and emotionally. If you end up with a bitter jury then you failed in a major aspect of your game.

• Love 1

There's actually video Caleb posted of this. I haven't got the stomach to watch it, but it's not too hard to find if you Google it. I agree about Cody. He made some bad game decisions and said a few regrettable things, but I think a lot of it can be chalked up to the fact that he's only 23.

Thanks. I will just take your word for it. I'm certainly not going to google that.

I don't know, I have two dogs and I can safely say that I love my child more then my dogs and that if my child had allergies to the dogs I would look into rehoming them if the allergies were serious enough. I love my pups, they are great dogs but my child comes first. And I sure would not stop having kids for the sake of dogs if I wanted another child.

Our dogs have toys, beds, treats up the wazoo and go to doggie day care every once in a while. They are well loved and cared for. But they have had to learn that the 2 year old comes first and that they cannot knock him out of the way to get pets or take his food. He can't tell them he is higher priority (he tries but at two his telling the dogs no or move or stop licking me really doesn't have that much force) so we do that for him and they are learning. Well, not on the licking, Cooper loves to lick the little man. He smells like a walking buffet to the pups.

I wouldn't harass someone because they equally love their pet and their child but I would internally question their priorities. And I am sure that they question my priorities.

I don't have any children, but I would choose any child -- even a stranger's child-- over my pet. If the choices were to kill my pet or any child, I would always save the child. I have always loved animals, and the house is empty without them, but I don't consider them my children. I spend money on the best food and vet care and I consider their needs along with my own, but, at the end of the day, I value children more.

What does KMN mean? Kill Me Now? Just guessing.

With Victoria's attitude about dogs being what it is, I wonder how she'll react to the dog they let loose in the house? I'll bet she would prefer a cat on a leash. And I'm guessing the Rottweiler will be a puppy, not a full-grown adult dog.

I'll bet the guys (except for Frankie) got nuts over it (in a good way).

Frankie will go nuts over the dog. He was holding Jordan's dog. I think he likes dogs. Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 2

I don't think a bitter juror is a bad person but 9 times out of 10 they are a hypocrite. That said I don't disagree that most people do vote on personality and emotionally. If you end up with a bitter jury then you failed in a major aspect of your game.

Fair point with the hypocrite label. Honestly I think in most cases almost all the players are hypocrites or exhibit hypocritical behavior. Sometimes it drives me insane and sometimes I let it go. Depends on if I generally like the person or not. Which makes me a hypocrite as well!

I thought the dog would be there by now. I was assuming they didn't do the veto ceremony today because they'd have the dog. Speaking of the ceremony, how hilarious that they showed it on the feeds. Production has straight-up stopped giving a fuck!

I don't have any children, but I would choose any child -- even a stranger's child-- over my pet. If the choices were to kill my pet or any child, I would always save the child. I have always loved animals, and the house is empty without them, but I don't consider them my children. I spend money on the best food and vet care and I consider their needs along with my own, but, at the end of the day, I value children more.

Frankie will go nuts over the dog. He was holding Jordan's dog. I think he likes dogs.

Just a quick reply/clarification on my part - I may be wrong, but I don't think Derrick was saying that he would put his dogs before his child. Just that if someone were to tell him he had to get rid of his dogs if he wanted *more* children, he wouldn't. Perhaps he doesn't want any more kids. Anyway, he likes his pugs, so I likes him. :-)

I agree with you and everyone else saying that Frankie will be grabbing that dog as soon as he can and soaking up (hogging) as much of the camera time as possible. I could not even stand watching him holding Jordan's dog an SOBBING during the proposal thingy. GAH!

• Love 3