Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Half way done with my 180 votes for Donny.  There are only two things I want to know at this point -

1 - When does Frankie get his reality check and realize he isn't as beloved as he thought.

2 - When does BBCanada start?

• Love 1

True, which is why if he was able to...I think Derrick would try to convince Cody to keep Caleb and sent Victoria packing.  I don't see him being able to do it, but you never know.  I think it actually works in Derrick's game to send Victoria this time around, but I think Cody will get Caleb out now, who he considers his biggest threat.

I don't think it really matters at this point. The jury does not respect Caleb or Victoria except for maybe Nicole. He already has Zach campaigning for him in the jury. Even if Victoria campaigns for Derrick I don't think anyone will listen to her.

In regards to Derrick being asked back to All-Stars and how Maggie wasn't. Remember Maggie was fired from her job because of the comments she made about her employer she avoids interviews at all costs. I remember an interview she did with James at an event and James had to convince her to be on camera. For Derrick it will probably depend on  what type of feedback his wife is getting right now. Considering she had to shut down her twitter account I don't think the feedback is all that good. She did mention in an interview Derrick wanted to be love by America which I don't think he is. I did find it strange his wife knew nothing about the show and thought the live feeds were edited. And had no idea about the racism that happened last season you would think Derrick would have filled her in on this stuff.

About Derrick being able to dominate because of the BOB twist. I think he was the only one who understood the twist and figured out how it could help his game. It's hard for me to  call him the luckiest winner because I could see Derrick doing well without the BOB twist. I think someone like Ian who would have been voted out week 2 without the mentor twist or the week Britney was evicted with the 2nd golden veto is a much luckier winner.

• Love 5

I like Donny as a person, but I don't think he was that great at the game. He's a stronger player than most of the people this year, but that's more because most of them are extraordinarily bad. Donny did see what was going on with the power dynamics in the house early on, but, obviously, he wasn't able to come up with an effective strategy to advance his game. I agree that he was a bit whiny at times about his situation in the house/game, but I think he just got really beaten down emotionally. He didn't have any close friends in the house and being socially ostracized to some degree while being constantly targeted in the game took its toll on him. In my view, he didn't do or say anything particularly egregious in expressing his frustration with everything. I don't blame him for having some level of distaste for most of his fellow HGs because I can't stand them and I wasn't trapped in a house with them for months.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 5

... but, he'd have to! He'd just have to ... otherwise, his daughter would starve! She'd starve!!

Anytime anyone is making money anywhere in the world and its not going to Derrick his daughter is in grave danger of starvation.  ;)

• Love 6

She did mention in an interview Derrick wanted to be love by America which I don't think he is. I did find it strange his wife knew nothing about the show and thought the live feeds were edited. 

^^I think this is the one thing that would make Derrick want to play All Stars.  His desire to be seen as one of the game greats, and not that guy who won because everyone else just lost (and I don't have a super strong opinion, its just what I've seen on the boards).  

However if that's not the feedback he gets, if the feedback he gets is that his game was great, and he is great, and in future seasons people are trying to use his playbook than I think he may be fine to just leave well enough alone.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

Jokers:

Wed 9:20 AM BBT Der: If that girl gets to the final and wins $500,000, you'll never see me again. (re Big Brother) NT - Scott3325
Wed 9:18 AM BBT Der & Cod now talking about Vic and how she's made it this far. NT - Scott3325

Love how Derrick is now worried about Vic after carrying her all this way lol.

I was posting in bold, using way too many exclamation points!  That is poster speak for having a fit.  :=]

-------------------------------------------------

Interesting from Jokers. 

Victoria telling him what happened to her hair was traumatizing and that he will understand when they get out of the BB house. She says its been 3 years since her hair fell out. Victoria tells him that its taking forever for her hair to come back and that she is bleeding all the time. She says its a huge insecurity and she is very traumatized about it.

Derrick tells her that even though she doesn't take her extensions out in front of the HG's that the live feeders see her. Victoria says a lot of times they don't put the camera on her and that she has never spoken about it in the DR. Derrick again says she has nothing to be insecure about. She says its just a uncomfortable feeling and that she wouldn't want to be explaining to everyone what happened. Derrick says he thinks the HG's left already know. She says she doesn't think Caleb knows.

Victoria says she thinks Amber knew about her hair. And that Amber would ask Victoria about it in front of people and it would frustrate her. Victoria explaining to Derrick how her hair was her everything and when she lost it she lost everything.

Derrick asked Victoria if she lost her hair just on her head or everywhere. She says she will tell him afterwords because she doesn't want people to connect the dots. She mentions that she was so happy when they found her to be on the show but that last minute she almost didn't come on because of her hair issue.

Victoria says she told Nicole about her hair issue right away because she needed someone to watch the bathroom door for her while she blow dried her hair. She tells Derrick she can't blow dry her hair when her extensions are in. She says she can't look at herself in the mirror with her short hair and that she hates herself with short hair.

Victoria mentioned she spends $600 every 2 to 3 months on hair extensions and that her parents get very frustrated with her about it. Derrick says so you are paying about $2400 a year. He says he doesn't think its that much if it makes her feel better about herself.

Derrick told her that he will find a guy that will love her for her and tell her to take her hair extensions out because he likes her real hair. Victoria says she hopes so. Derrick promises she will. Victoria gives him a hug and tells him she loves him. She went into the HOH bathroom to shower and blow dry her hair. Derrick tells her goodnight from the HOH bed.

After Victoria was done she came out and showed Derrick her hair with the HOH room light off. He told her she has a ton of hair. She tells him to touch it and he says she shouldn't be self conscious about it and that she has a lot of hair. He tells her he is going to sleep and that she completely over exaggerated and that her hair looks great.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would like to know the full story on her hair. I don't necessarily believe that Derrick was being totally honest.  I saw a screencap with them out and you could easily tell it was pretty thin. I think he was trying to make her feel better and at the same time surprised, thinking it would be much worse.    But she seems to emphasize "short"  more than thin so I don't know what the deal is.  Trying to get inside her mind is a fools errand so I will stop and resign myself to never knowing. 

I really liked this conversation - It's sad that Victoria is so insecure about her hair. I'm glad Derek was so nice to her.

• Love 3

I agree. If he played Allstars he would be booted week 1. His schtick is up after next week, and thank god, as I will never have to see him on my TV screen again.

I don't know why I dislike him so much, but he really, really rubs me the wrong way.

I'm with you. Love to see Derrick, Donny and maybe Caleb in all stars. Frankie will be a given. Derrick is booted week 1 or 2 before Frankie or Caleb. Donny goes to the end.

Frankie's eviction sums up the season for me. Expect the expected.

I would love it if Cody boots Victoria. She needs to go. If she stays, she will be in the finals.

• Love 2

I've gotten to the point a few weeks ago where I've been looking forward to watching Wil Hauser's BB16 parody videos more than the actual show and feeds. His last one was funny and he sang about "the show that never ends" which is exactly how I feel. Although I love reading whats going on in there from everyone's perspectives on here.

• Love 7

Interesting convo from Jokers:

9:11 am Cody & Derr in HOH. Cody "I said "dude, this was a decision that came down to chess, it was decided late. We're on a TV
09/17/14 09:57 AM

show.' I'm not going to be able to say that as he's walking out the door."

D "I've got your back, if he's a little scorned by us"
Cody "The big dog came in for this one... (producer??) It wasn't... that's what makes me think the season is going well. Because they said 'everything's been going really well so we don't.."
Derr "yeah I think it's the opposite... it's been too predictable. They want a real reaction."
(Talking about blindsiding Caleb?)

FISH

A little earlier:

* Der: If that girl gets to the final and wins $500,000, you'll never see me again. (re Big Brother) NT

Edited by wings707
! I know it's a game but I don't think I would trust him again being a cop. It's weird because in any other profession it wouldn't bother me.

It's funny that I have the exact opposite reaction. The way he manipulated these dumbasses makes me think he must be absolutely fantastic at undercover work, and probably interrogations too. He has a way of making you say things you think you don't want to say or do.  And for whatever reason, he doesn't strike me as dishonest in his outside life. Unlike Frankie, who I think lies to everyone about how much he loves them and appreciates them and really is just constantly thinking, "What can they do for ME?"

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 9

Poor Victoria.  I feel badly for  her.  I've never had thick luxuriant hair, but I can sympathize with someone who had it and now does not.   As she gets older she will find that many times in life we have to reidentify ourselves.   As a young woman, that must be a little more difficult.  But right now in the airport waiting for my delayed plane, I see a man with one leg in a wheelchair.  There is someone who has had to reidentify himself in a much more drastic way than Victoria.   Perspective is sometimes difficult for young people.  

I see I am going to have to do some reading back.  Derrick HOH. Caleb on the block, and Cody wins Veto.  Derrick seems set.  Or as set as someone can be in this game.  

• Love 4

Jokers:

Wed 9:20 AM BBT Der: If that girl gets to the final and wins $500,000, you'll never see me again. (re Big Brother) NT - Scott3325

Wed 9:18 AM BBT Der & Cod now talking about Vic and how she's made it this far. NT - Scott3325

Love how Derrick is now worried about Vic after carrying her all this way lol.

I think Derrick says that so if Cody wins final HOH he takes Derrick with him. Derrick will take Victoria to make sure he wins. 

• Love 1

This week was her 9th nomination, she mentioned on the feeds last night. 

Yeah, but she hasn't survived it YET. She can't claim the Block Bouquet until/if Caleb walks out the door.

Something funny.

I was on my TV guide to record Debra Messings new show that airs tonight.  I glanced down and saw Nashville and clicked on it to see your post!   This is as clear a sign that I am on here way more than I should be! 

To quote Vida Boheme:

"I think that's healthy!"

;>

Oh, and I like Jameson. :=]

Jameson is good; it's still Irish. Bushmill's, even, if drinking Protestant doesn't scare you off. :)

Poor Victoria.  I feel badly for  her.  I've never had thick luxuriant hair, but I can sympathize with someone who had it and now does not.   As she gets older she will find that many times in life we have to reidentify ourselves.   As a young woman, that must be a little more difficult.  But right now in the airport waiting for my delayed plane, I see a man with one leg in a wheelchair.  There is someone who has had to reidentify himself in a much more drastic way than Victoria.   Perspective is sometimes difficult for young people.  

I see I am going to have to do some reading back.  Derrick HOH. Caleb on the block, and Cody wins Veto.  Derrick seems set.  Or as set as someone can be in this game.  

I think (and sincerely hope) that as we get older our perspective naturally evolves.  She is young though, and I think she probably comes from a background where her looks were highly valued.  She may not feel she has a position to fall back on other than pretty.  I have a friend, someone I truly, truly think is a wonderful human being, and she just happens to be gorgeous.  But everyone in her life growing up placed such a premium on her looks and never told her all the other amazing things she had to offer, that I think to some degree she thinks that she is only worthwhile because she is physically pretty.  And so staying pretty is stressful for her, because she thinks its all she has.   I suspect Victoria may be in the same position.  Her family may have drilled it in her head that she needs to be pretty, marry well, and raise babies.  But I know that I've gained some perspective with age, and I hope she does too.

• Love 2

I would LOVE it if they had anothet winter bb. Every year. Please make this happen!

That would be great, but I think I'd rather see the winter roll-out of The Amazing Race with teams of Zach/Caleb and Cody, and Donny/Nicole and Hayden.  I like how their personalities mesh and I would really enjoy seeing how they fare in an entirely different game.

This would be amazing. Cody would surely win if he did this. I think he actually knows it too and has known for quite some time that he's playing Derrick's game and that Derrick will beat him. Yet he continues to do things for Derrick that hurt him. It's very strange. With Victoria, she never had a chance to win the game. Cody did though. He still does! Not to mention that fact that early on no one gave a shit about Victoria except Derrick (and Hayden), so she had no real options. Cody did. He had oodles of options. Cody's gameplay is just mindbogglingly to me. Still, I would live for him winning finally HOH and evicting Derrick and winning the whole game. 

When Donny was trying to convince Cody that Derrick was running the game and playing Cody like a fiddle, it didn't cross his mind once (and why should it) that Cody already knew this.  Donny's brick wall in the game was that some people knew that they were playing Derrick's game for him to the detriment of their own and were ok with it.  Cody made his peace with Derrick winning awhile ago and I don't think he would ever consider keeping Victoria over Derrick, unfortunately.

This popped up in my facebook feed, and all I could think was "Awwwwww! Cody!"

Thank you for that!  I have 2 beloved lab mixes (and a hugely affectionate troublemaking tomcat) which goes a long way in explaining my affinity for Cody.

It's funny that I have the exact opposite reaction. The way he manipulated these dumbasses makes me think he must be absolutely fantastic at undercover work, and probably interrogations too. He has a way of making you say things you think you don't want to say or do.  And for whatever reason, he doesn't strike me as dishonest in his outside life. Unlike Frankie, who I think lies to everyone about how much he loves them and appreciates them and really is just constantly thinking, "What can they do for ME?"

Agreed.  He is in the exact profession he should be in.  However, if I knew him personally, it might give me some pause to consider my past and future interactions with him.  Not that I think he's a terrible person (although I haven't appreciated the much-discussed episodes of sexism), but he's just so good at what he does.

• Love 2

I think Derrick says that so if Cody wins final HOH he takes Derrick with him. Derrick will take Victoria to make sure he wins. 

Another site cleared this up.  Derrick was alone and talking to BB.   Both he and Cody seemed to get the same message, that is hanging in the air with the DR, about wanting some action.  That is their interpretation.

I think Derrick is having second thoughts about taking Victoria any further.  Mulling it over anyway. 

ETA  to clarify 

Edited by wings707

I think it goes a little deeper than simple vanity, or self-esteem even. If Victoria's current extension set mirrors what her natural hair looked like before she lost it, she may need her pre-illness image looking back at her from the mirror, to reinforce her own psychological self-image. This may be the only way she can feel whole.

ETA: clarification.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 2

Yeah, but she hasn't survived it YET. She can't claim the Block Bouquet until/if Caleb walks out the door.

To quote Vida Boheme:

"I think that's healthy!"

;>

Jameson is good; it's still Irish. Bushmill's, even, if drinking Protestant doesn't scare you off. :)

They were counting nominations only, not just ones she had survived.  Apparently she holds the record, Spencer is the runner up. 

I make a point of not drinking or eating anything with a religious affiliation.  No eucharist nachos for me.  Nosireebob! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Labs are wonderful loyal loving dogs.  I think Cody is a really good guy -- or at least as good as a handsome guy who has girls throwing themselves at him can be.  

I don't have a problem with Derrick's character either.  I suspect his wife is aware of his "misting" and calls him on it from time to time.  Or if not, and he's good to her, it doesn't really matter.  

Caleb is entertaining in the sense that I can laugh at the things he does, but he's not someone I would want to be around very much.  I certainly could never get close to him.  He seems like a kind of controlling and self involved person.   He's not a bad guy though.

Vic is just sad and needy, and I see why Derrick is drawn to her like a little sister who needs someone to look after her.   I don't know if I could really put up with her.  

• Love 3

The conversation between Derrick and Victoria is heart breaking. I remember being that age though and being so self conscious about every little thing and especially being on tv where you know every little bit is going to be scrutinized.  Poor girl.  I like that Derrick can be a positive male role model for her and let her know that someone will love her for her someday.  It's sweet and very "big brother" of him.  

I think along these lines as well.  I think Derrick's cred will go up after being on the show.  He also isn't still actively working the beat as a cop and is basically in management.  I think he'll go back to work and wait to collect that kick arse pension that cops get.  He'll enjoy the "fame" he gets from Big Brother and probably winning it, but I don't think it'll change his life all that much.  

• Love 1

Here's another story and pictures of Victoria and her hair:

http://bigbrotherlivefeedupdates.blogspot.com/2014/07/victorias-real-haircontinued-bb16.html

13.jpeg

I think her hair looks great, according to Reddit she's completely traumatized by the hair issue and has stated that she's had long hair her whole life.

Thank you for this!  Now we know this is not alopicia.  "It is shoulder length now, she says, but when it first fell out it was "this short" (several inches?)."  

It broke off, not fell out.  Huge difference.  She is freaked out about the length, not thickness.  She also said she never had a bun as small as this.  Of course when your hair is longer there is more to wrap up in a bun.  

• Love 2

After reading a few stories about Victoria's hair I can see  where she has this hate for Amber.  According to Victoria, Amber knew Victoria wore hair extensions and ridiculed and taunted her about it all the time.

I believe her scalp is bleeding  now because she keeps the clip-on extensions 24/7, whereas I guess at home she is able to take them out more often.  Production won't let her go without wearing them.

more info from the Der/Vic conversation last night:

Victoria talking about having 7-10 pounds on her head and metal everywhere...  Derrick says the good news is you're out of here soon.  Derrick says I can't wait to talk after the show, my things aren't like that.  He says you shouldn't feel uncomfortable, there are worse things, you should love who you are. You hair does not define who you are. Victoria says hair is who you are... Derrick says you have hair, it's just not down to your butt.  Victoria says when I was obese, people told me I had beautiful hair...

Victoria says she has a hard time telling boyfriends, takes a long time. Derrick says boyfriends love you for who you are, not your hair...  Discussing Brittney's extensions, Victoria says it was because she died it to much... not because she cut it... it was for different reasons than me... I had something beautiful, then *snaps fingers* it was gone... I had that, it needs to be mine again... it's mental. Says her parents hate it that she is spending so much of her money on extensions.

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/big-brother-16-updates/11441-big-brother-16-updates-i-lost-my-hair-i-lost-everything-2-30-am-bbt-wednesday-9-17-14-bb16-bblf

After reading a few stories about Victoria's hair I can see  where she has this hate for Amber.  According to Victoria, Amber knew Victoria wore hair extensions and ridiculed and taunted her about it all the time.

I believe her scalp is bleeding  now because she keeps the clip-on extensions 24/7, whereas I guess at home she is able to take them out more often.  Production won't let her go without wearing them.

I have not read or seen comments on other boards about this (bold).    And I have a hard time believing Amber taunted her, too.  

• Love 4

I never read anything about Amber taunting her.  Even Victoria's earlier versions of events didn't indicate that.  From what I remember, in the early days Victoria took great offense at people even asking her if she had extensions.  Considering how open Aaryn and Ginamarie were about theirs last season, I believe that no offense was intended.  I think that Victoria lost track of how many people she had personally told about them, which I would have taken as an indication that it wasn't a huge deal to ask about them.  She also seems to overestimate how many people care about her hair.  I listened to several loooooong conversations she had with other houseguests about the situation and they were clearly struggling to appear interested.

• Love 6

I have not read or seen comments on other boards about this (bold).    And I have a hard time believing Amber taunted her, too.  

Amber knows she wears extensions, but constantly makes catty remarks about girls who wear extensions.

http://bigbrotherlivefeedupdates.blogspot.com/2014/07/victorias-real-haircontinued-bb16.html

Vic is very upset at Amber for asking if she had hair extensions. She wants to keep it a secret.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-16-live-feeds-highlights-2014-07-26/

Victoria says she has something personal to say. Amber keeps asking her if she has extensions, “five times” , Nicole, Christine and Jocasta know she does but she never told Amber. .“My whole life I’ve been known for my hair my entire life one of the reason I didn’t want to come on the show was because of my hair”  My best guy friends don’t even know this only my girlfriends and family.. three years ago I lost my hair like all of it gone.

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-spoilers-when-amber-gets-nominated-shes-going-to-crawl-back-to-me-for-safety/

She talks about Amber making fun of her hair. She starts going into telling him about how she lost her hair and how hard it is to be in the house with her extensions.

http://thebigbrotherforum.com/test/2014/07/27/bb16-live-feed-recap-day-31-evening-update/

Found the mention on why production doesn't want her to take them out:

I have heard it suggested that Production wants her to leave them in to maintain a sense of consistency. Similarly, they would not allow Donny to shave off his beard despite him finding it very uncomfortable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/2ghap1/victorias_secret_possible_spoilers_idk/

Edited by JerseyGirl

I am not trying to play couch side therapist (though I do have the degree to back it up)..... but my first thought was an eating disorder. That lack of nutrition can reek havoc on your body, including hair loss and it fits with her self-consciousness about her appearance.

Just to be clear, I am NOT saying she has an eating disorder

I think it is more akin to a body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).  It is not that, but closer to the symptoms.  She looks in the mirror and sees ugly hair.  

She is confusing the words thin and long, btw.  It broke off and that smacks of chemical or heat (flat iron) damage. 

Edited by wings707

That would be great, but I think I'd rather see the winter roll-out of The Amazing Race with teams of Zach/Caleb and Cody, and Donny/Nicole and Hayden.  I like how their personalities mesh and I would really enjoy seeing how they fare in an entirely different game.

I don't want to see/hear Nicole on TAR. OMG that whining nasal voice! No thanks!

• Love 1

I don't think anyone has said this and it needs to be said: Derrick is not taking anyone to F2. He will be in F3 with two hamsters who will take him. Caleb would not take him, which is why he will be evicted next. Cody will do that, so no blood on Derrick's hands. And no blood again when Cody or, haha, Vic evicts the other and takes Derrick to F2 and a unanimous (or near unanimous) win.

Edited by ZSweetJane
  • Love 5

"I don't think anyone has said this and it needs to be said: Derrick is not taking anyone to F2. He will be in F3 with two hamsters who will take him. Caleb would not take him, which is why he will be evicted next. Cody will do that, so no blood on Derrick's hands. And no blood again when Cody or, haha, Vic evicts the other and takes Derrick to a unanimous (or near unanimous) win."

For me that is one of the signs of the strength of derricks game, How he has convinced others (fools) to play the game for him and bring him to the end

And, Interesting, from jokers:

d...I promise you there will be some major razzing about bringing her this far. the huge fans are going to be like why the f? But it is a strategy

c...what will they say if you and I are final 2

d...that's just it, its all going to come together. when we get outside this house there are people who are scorned, we get it. You see her walking around. She has no clue what's going on. She hasn't played the game at all this year. She's never been on the in for anything. Now she is final 3 and all this notoriety. We get it as fans of the show

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 2

They were counting nominations only, not just ones she had survived.  Apparently she holds the record, Spencer is the runner up. 

Actually... I started looking back to pull the original numbers on both Spencer and Victoria before I realized you can't compare the two. It's an apples-and-oranges comparison between the two seasons - in truth, between BB16 and any other season.

The reason? BotB.

In a "normal" non-BotB season, each week results in 2-3 nominations, depending on whether or not POV is used. During its 8-week run in the game, however, BotB inflated each week's count of nominees to 4-5, depending on POV - close to double.

Two of the nominations Victoria counts were BotB noms which she and her partner won (weeks 1 and 6), so her butt never got close to the orange cushions of the nom chairs those weeks. Should those be counted?

I make a point of not drinking or eating anything with a religious affiliation.  No eucharist nachos for me.  Nosireebob!

In Irish whiskey it's a question of production, not salvation - or would that be history vs. mystery...? :D

I have no idea how REALLY accurate this is, but Jameson's original distillers were reportedly a Catholic family, while Bushmill's distillers were Protestant. So which brand you drank indicated whether you were for the Green or the Orange - and if you're warmed up with a fresh infusion of antifreeze and looking for a reason to get a good fight going - hey, that's as good a reason as any. :)

Well, I learned that Caleb "redone" the third grade because there was algebra on the fourth grade entrance exam, lol.

In Cody’s world, algebra = adding/subtracting double digits

Victoria won't be able to work the Jury votes for Derrick if she ends up in the final 3. She will be evicted on finale night and will first meet with the jury seconds before jury questioning begins.

That evictee really gets the short straw of the season – the only one who doesn’t get a solo chat with Julie Chen, right?

Edited by kassa

Derrick's family sent him notes when he won the latest HoH:

Hey Derrick!!!

Hope things are going well for you! Hope you are having some fun with this!!! We are all rooting for you back here in Rhode Island!!! ENJOY!

Love you very much!!! Xoxo
Mom & Dad

Derrick –

Hope everything is going well with you on this Big Brother show, We are all rooting for you back here and promoting you like you wouldn’t believe!!! It’s time to win that money!!!

Love you very much xoxo
-Meaghan

Hey Derrick!

We’re rooting for you out here and can’t believe this is really happening! We all love you and hope you’re enjoying yourself! Love you like crazy!

Love ya!
Aimee

Hey babe!

Love & Miss you more than anything. See you soon!

Jana & Tenley <3

http://mortystv.com/bb/

Edited by JerseyGirl

In Irish whiskey it's a question of production, not salvation - or would that be history vs. mystery...? :D

I have no idea how REALLY accurate this is, but Jameson's original distillers were reportedly a Catholic family, while Bushmill's distillers were Protestant. So which brand you drank indicated whether you were for the Green or the Orange - and if you're warmed up with a fresh infusion of antifreeze and looking for a reason to get a good fight going - hey, that's as good a reason as any. :)

Not sure about the families but its more about location. Jameson's was originally distilled in Dublin - which is predominantly Catholic and Bushmills the North - predominantly Protestant.

Victoria was obese?  I hadn't heard this before.  She certainly isn't fat now, but sometimes when she's wearing leggings and sprawling on the bed on her stomach, the view is less than flattering.

Is this gang going to get together and watch BBCanada together?  I've never watched it and hope I can find it online somewhere.

Finally, Stinger97, will we be allowed to have a live discussion of the finale as it is aired?  Which thread would that be?  Thank you!

nm

Actually... I started looking back to pull the original numbers on both Spencer and Victoria before I realized you can't compare the two. It's an apples-and-oranges comparison between the two seasons - in truth, between BB16 and any other season.

The reason? BotB.

In a "normal" non-BotB season, each week results in 2-3 nominations, depending on whether or not POV is used. During its 8-week run in the game, however, BotB inflated each week's count of nominees to 4-5, depending on POV - close to double.

Two of the nominations Victoria counts were BotB noms which she and her partner won (weeks 1 and 6), so her butt never got close to the orange cushions of the nom chairs those weeks. Should those be counted?

Head spinning on both topics.  I am off to google moonshine made by atheists.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

The reason? BotB.

This is why I feel this season should have an asterisk next to it. At first, I considered only the double HOH wins, but really, BB16 has been a fairly large departure from the usual structure of the game. Still the usual comps and Veto, but the extra HOH and two noms made it messy. Personally, I only count the HOHs who were still HOH and the nominees that were still nominees after BotB but I'm mean. I don't want any of these guys to have any records.

I really disliked the dual HOH/BotB format. I don't think I'm going to look back on this format and season that fondly. At most, Victoria's crow story and Caleb's pickle-in-the-banana moment are what I'm most likely going to remember. I know all the talk lately is about Caleb's hilarious tall tales, but can we have a brief giggle moment in remembrance of the Franken-Pickle-Nanner?

Is this gang going to get together and watch BBCanada together?  I've never watched it and hope I can find it online somewhere.

OT but: Funny enough, I was going to go to the open auditions in Vancouver for the first season of Big Brother Canada, but like Caleb, I had to work (not at Lowe's though!). I never watched the first two seasons but after hearing how interesting it was last season, I may have to check it out when it starts. 

Aww.  In an interview, it looks like the self titled "social media mogul" is expecting to have lots more followers after being on Big Brother.

You called yourself a "social media mogul." Explain what that is.

It means that the things that I tweet and post on all of my various social media platforms are read and re-blogged a lot (and that was before I entered the house).

I admire the people who can sit through BBAD now.  I gave it a go last night and was falling asleep watching Victoria eat cereal (close your mouth, girl!), Derrick laying on one couch, Caleb laying on the other one, and Victoria sitting on the end of the couch, with very little conversation.  I'm glad I don't have the feeds because, at this point, these people are both bored and boring. 

• Love 1

Not sure about the families but its more about location. Jameson's was originally distilled in Dublin - which is predominantly Catholic and Bushmills the North - predominantly Protestant.

That'll work too. I care not from whence it flows, so long as the flow wends its way to me.

Head spinning on both topics.  I am off to google moonshine made by atheists.

Now you're barking up my family tree. ;)

• Love 2

So, what's the over/under at how shocked Caleb is going to be when Cody evicts him? Does Caleb suspect anything? Of course, Derrick will off the hook. Poor Cody. LOL!!!!

I think he knows it's possible. He's been quite fidgety all day apparently. And he was pacing around last night. I think he will be shocked but not shocked if you know what I mean.

According to a convo Cody and Derrick had this morning they were told they weren't allowed to tell him. They want a blindside. And apparently they told Frankie before they went live yesterday and they didn't like that.

My guess is that next season they will actually punish anyone who gives anyone a heads up. Lol. This year mostly everyone knew they were leaving. I think the only ones that were blindsided were Nicole/Hayden was when Zach wasn't voted out and then Hayden knew the second he went up in the the DE he was the target.

Edited by SiobhanJW

I miss them pulling the keys from the big circle and saying so and so you are safe. I hope they go back to regular Big Brother next year.

I miss pulling the keys, too!  It often gave away who the HOHconsidered as the top of the alliance, as well as the bottom.

Amber knows she wears extensions, but constantly makes catty remarks about girls who wear extensions.

Vic is very upset at Amber for asking if she had hair extensions. She wants to keep it a secret.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-16-live-feeds-highlights-2014-07-26/

Victoria says she has something personal to say. Amber keeps asking her if she has extensions, “five times” , Nicole, Christine and Jocasta know she does but she never told Amber. .“My whole life I’ve been known for my hair my entire life one of the reason I didn’t want to come on the show was because of my hair”  My best guy friends don’t even know this only my girlfriends and family.. three years ago I lost my hair like all of it gone.

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-spoilers-when-amber-gets-nominated-shes-going-to-crawl-back-to-me-for-safety/

She talks about Amber making fun of her hair. She starts going into telling him about how she lost her hair and how hard it is to be in the house with her extensions.

http://thebigbrotherforum.com/test/2014/07/27/bb16-live-feed-recap-day-31-evening-update/

Found the mention on why production doesn't want her to take them out:

I have heard it suggested that Production wants her to leave them in to maintain a sense of consistency. Similarly, they would not allow Donny to shave off his beard despite him finding it very uncomfortable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/2ghap1/victorias_secret_possible_spoilers_idk/

Taking to Victoria's thread.

So, what's the over/under at how shocked Caleb is going to be when Cody evicts him?

What's the over/under that he'll mention Amber during his interview with Julie (unless she deliberately steers the conversation away from that topic)? I hope Donny or someone will immediately pull Caleb aside and warn him not to start any creeper stuff with Amber in the jury house.

I gave it [bBAD] a go last night and was falling asleep.

I dozed thru it too, but was amply rewarded by the Cody/Skittles fuss, with production responding, "You're the reason we can't have nice things!"  It was such a nod to us! I cracked up, and then went to bed.

I am off to google moonshine made by atheists.

I'm not aware of any moonshiners in my family, but our huge apple orchard yielded some wicked apple jack.  Whew! And we were far enough out in the country that nobody cared how old you were.

• Love 3

Frankie's interview with Jeff for me was interesting.  One, it is the most likable I have found Frankie in a long time.  Two, I think that much like the other house guests, they seem to realize how much of a hand that Derrick played in everything once they are evicted, but not beforehand.  I swear, Derrick has some Jedi mind trick powers.  And three, that Frankie said he planned on taking Derrick not Frankie to the final 2.  

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/video/kU9fgZ5k7hnY7XastyY3yV0W1WVC6PLw/big-brother-live-chat-frankie-grande/

• Love 1

Well, as far as I'm concerned Victoria and Cody have a back-up career as being one of those yellow helmeted-head crash

-dummies in that auto commercial that warns you to wear seat belts. Oh yea, Derrick could be a back up just because of his association with these 2 idiots.

• Love 1