Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The Presidential Suite

• Start Topic

I hold out hope that Twyla was being prophetic with her line "I know you Alexis, and you always make the right decision... eventually." Another option may yet present itself, one that neither Alexis nor Ted has discovered so far.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Love 9

I'm not crying you're crying!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that was heartbreaking and brilliant. Not fair making me snort coffee thru my nose at poor Patrick looking like a cheese puff to Alexis looking so so so sad.

(Damn I miss this show already)

• Love 1

I have come to the internet to register my disgust.

giphy.gif

I mean, Ted was literally phoning in his role all season and now he shows up, teeth whitened by, uh...the sun, I guess, and he and Alexis break up after all the other seasons they spent trying to get back together?

No, show! I reject this! You will not schitt all over this relationship because the actor seemed to be nearly written off the show all season!

And for the record, as it was written, yes, it was a maturation of Alexis's character but STILL

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I mean, Ted was literally phoning in his role all season and now he shows up, teeth whitened by, uh...the sun, I guess, and he and Alexis break up after all the other seasons they spent trying to get back together?

I don't know if it was the facial hair adding to the effect, but I definitely was distracted by whatever was happening with Ted's teeth.... 

• Love 13

Though the break up was well acted, I am not super sad as I don't think it will last. There are still 5 episodes left, and Dan has said all along that he wants to give his characters happy endings, both for them and the fans. So my prediction is Ted will return in the last or second last episode, realizing that a lifetime with Alexis is more important than a three year job. Also at the end of the episode when they were playing "This Is Dedicated To the One I Love", the first line they played was "And the darkest hour is just before dawn". The darkest hour is their break up, and the dawn will be Ted realizing he wants to be with Alexis, and returning. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

OMG, Ray's photography/photoshopping skills with volcanoes and outer space cracked me up! I didn't understand the urgency for the engagement photos though. Why couldn't they just wait a few days and let Patrick scrub off as much spray tan as possible before taking pictures? It's not like they would have had to wait months. We're talking a few days at most.

Oh, Alexis, my sweet summer child. The fact that she told Ted he had to take his dream job showed a level of selflessness and maturity that I never would have imagined she was capable of in S1.

I really appreciated that both Alexis and Ted want the other person to pursue their dreams, but a small part of me thought BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BREAK UP. Long distance isn't ideal, but it's possible (and it's so much more doable now that you can text, email, skype, facetime, etc - back in ye olden days, you could write letters, put them in the mail, and wait 3-5 days for the other person to read them, pay an obscene amount of money to make long distance phone calls, and fly to visit each other). Ted said the job they offered him is for three years so it's not forever.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really appreciated that both Alexis and Ted want the other person to pursue their dreams, but a small part of me thought BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BREAK UP. Long distance isn't ideal, but it's possible (and it's so much more doable now that you can text, email, skype, facetime, etc - back in ye olden days, you could write letters, put them in the mail, and wait 3-5 days for the other person to read them, pay an obscene amount of money to make long distance phone calls, and fly to visit each other). Ted said the job they offered him is for three years so it's not forever.

I totally agree with this as well. Hubby and I have been together for 23 years, and for the majority of those years he has worked away from home, sometimes in other provinces, and sometimes in remote areas. Mind you I think the longest he was ever away at one time was 3 weeks, but since he is an owner of the company even when he would be home for a few days he was still working. And of course his employees have done the same for many years with regards to working away from home. So yes, three years is really nothing when looking at the big picture. One way or another, I think Alexis and Ted will end up back together by the end of the show. 

• Love 2

I think three years seems like a lot to them. They have only been apart for months and seemed like it was already taking a toll on their relationship. Both didn’t have time to do the long distance thing because of how successful their careers were. I still hope they find their way back to each other by the time the series ends.
Im still laughing at how orange Patrick looked and Stevie couldn’t stop cracking up.

• Love 1

Well that was sad and totally bummed me out, which is the last thing I want or expect from this show. Yes it showed how much Alexis has matured but it was still sad. This is not what I wanted to see happen. 

Ted said the job they offered him is for three years so it's not forever.

Whatever research company this is offered him a three year contract but he was pretty clear that this was his dream job and that he would want to continue working for them beyond that. He called it a permanent position.

In other news, the new motel is 100% nicer than the old one and I don't begrudge Johnny and Moira upgrading their accommodations to a nicer room. The fleabag hole in the wall they've been living in for the past five seasons looks absolutely horrible. Jocelyn and Roland have their own home even if they are renting out a room. Though I do wonder if Johnny is making enough money off the motel business to afford a nice apartment somewhere else. 

• Love 2

This was an amazing episode, starting with Johnny and Moira's conversation in the new motel room.  Her version of dusting was a riot but the speech she gave him about not letting them stay in the motel was so funny.  Then seeing Patrick walk in with his entire face one colour would have had me spitting whatever I was drinking through my nose if I had been drinking anything!  Stevie's reactions, from telling David she put her treatment on his credit card, to her bursts of laughter when Patrick walked in were priceless!  I think the fact that his lips were the same colour as his skin was what killed me, and also his eyebrow colour!  And then there's Ted and Alexis.  I had a feeling something would happen only because in all the advertisements leading up to this season, we only saw Stevie, the Rose family and Patrick.  There was no sign of Ted.  I was still astonished when the scene unfolded though.  I do love how far she's come along as she's still selfish and kind of clueless about how others see her but she's also figured out how to be a bit more selfless.

I do love how far she's come along as she's still selfish and kind of clueless about how others see her but she's also figured out how to be a bit more selfless.

Twyla says she hasn't seen Alexis running for awhile and Alexis replies "Thanks, Twy." I think it's kind of been a running gag that somebody just observes something about her and no matter what it is she thanks them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I agree with the points made about the episode.

My only issue is that if the second motel isn't open for business, why couldn't Johnny and Moira stay at the opposite end of the motel as Roland and Jocelyn so everyone could experience a getaway?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Catfi9ht said:

I agree with the points made about the episode.

My only issue is that if the second motel isn't open for business, why couldn't Johnny and Moira stay at the opposite end of the motel as Roland and Jocelyn so everyone could experience a getaway?

I think that was the first room that was cleaned.

• Useful 1

I think that was the first room that was cleaned.

Yeah but last week or whenever when they confronted the man they thought was squatting his room was in good shape. Clearly these rooms are way nicer than the rooms at the other motel.

• Love 3

I am just going to try and mentally picture what a masterpiece Miranda Rights must be to distract myself from my sadness. No Alexis and Ted! I dont want this, I dont want this at all! There are turtles in all kinds of places Ted! This is just too sad.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, Miss Molly said:

I think the fact that his lips were the same colour as his skin was what killed me, and also his eyebrow colour!  

I saw the spray tan overdose coming as soon as David mentioned Patrick getting the treatment, but I thought the lips and skin were a nice touch.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:25 PM, mledawn said:

I laughed when Moira was talking about her old cop movie "Miranda Rights". Jocelyn gets excited about the wet tshirt contest, and Moira crosses her arm in front of her chest.

Good catch - I didn't pick up on that and went back and re-watched.  I love those kinds of little moments in this show.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

Bravo to the show's wardrobe/makeup/hair stylists.  Annie Murphy was absolutely luminous in that final scene. 

Totally agree - she's never looked better.

I have the same hope that Alexis and Ted end up together as others have expressed.

Also I thought Roland sounded more like Bobby than JFK, and I got an LOL over "and FDR said that."  Alexis has evolved, but Roland never will.

• Love 1

I laughed when Moira was talking about her old cop movie "Miranda Rights".

This triggered a great desire in me for a Schitt's Creek prequel. I'd love to see David and Alexis as tweens, but then we'd probably miss Dan and Annie too much. But I'd suspend disbelief and buy them as teens. Or probably not a full prequel, but now I'm wishing we'd gotten to see a lot of flashbacks. With Moira's cop show on in the background all the time, of course. 

I've grown to love the sweetness of this show, but never thought it would make me cry till it just did. And I agree that Alexis looked gorgeous in the last scene, but also so beautiful in the previous diner scene where she's clean-scrubbed, hair back, and completely simple--not a trace of her usual adorable fussiness. 

I think it's kind of been a running gag that somebody just observes something about her and no matter what it is she thanks them. 

H/T to Jenna Maroney!

• Love 1

Dammit, I’m gutted by the breakup. 

The whole new motel is nicer than the old one. I don’t know why they didn’t decamp to there as soon as they got the deed. (Heck, Roland and Jocelyn could rent out their whole house.) But they’ll need to hire help. Johnny, Stevie, and Roland are barely enough to keep one property going.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, iMonrey said:

In other news, the new motel is 100% nicer than the old one and I don't begrudge Johnny and Moira upgrading their accommodations to a nicer room. The fleabag hole in the wall they've been living in for the past five seasons looks absolutely horrible. Jocelyn and Roland have their own home even if they are renting out a room. Though I do wonder if Johnny is making enough money off the motel business to afford a nice apartment somewhere else. 

Move into that room permanently? No way, that would be totally inappropriate. The fact that Jocelyn and Roland have their own home is completely irrelevant, they paid for that. Johnny took the Schitt's money to get the new motel, for them to then take what should be the most profitable room in either motel and permanently occupy it and deprive the business of the revenue it would bring in is totally wrong. If they had bought the motel themselves, that's fine, it's their choice. But totally wrong if you have a partner. Taking any room at that motel as an "upgrade" would be wrong. The Schitt's invested in a 20 room or whatever it was motel, to turn around decide it's only a 19 room one is completely unethical. 

• Love 2

I am holding out hope that Ted declines the offer and gets a research position, somewhere like Paris, and they end up back together.

The teeth were a little strange. I think the actor got veneers that are too big for his mouth.

• Love 3