Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Joyce's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

The name of this show should be I'm Fat and I Have a Tat.

You know someone from TLC is stealing this at this very moment. 

2 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I wonder if Dr Now’s malpractice insurance is really expensive bc of The high risk patients he operates on?

Any surgeon's malpractice insurance is ridiculously expensive and I'm sure that the hospital covers it (the hospital where I work covers insurance for all physicians and faculty). But there is a huge difference between malpractice (where a patient suffers harm because of a mistake made by the doctor) and bad outcomes that can't be avoided (that happen with high risk patients).

According to Dr. Now's Wikipedia page, he's been sued several times but never found "guilty" in a malpractice case. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Why did they blur the logo on the transport van?

Probably because they didn't throw their services in for free in exchange for the advertising. 

1 minute ago, Carboncat said:

She has a double-face.  Her face is a bas-relief from the background neck/face pad.

It's great to use bas-relief in a sentence 🙂

We're classy bitches up in this joint. We use fancy words and we pee in the brand name Tupperware, none of that Ziploc stuff on sale 2/$5 at the grocery store. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hana Chan said:

Any surgeon's malpractice insurance is ridiculously expensive and I'm sure that the hospital covers it (the hospital where I work covers insurance for all physicians and faculty). But there is a huge difference between malpractice (where a patient suffers harm because of a mistake made by the doctor) and bad outcomes that can't be avoided (that happen with high risk patients).

According to Dr. Now's Wikipedia page, he's been sued several times but never found "guilty" in a malpractice case. 

I figured the ones he treats would be more likely to sue. 

• Love 2

I am so fucking tired of hearing her whine that she's in pain. I don't doubt that she is uncomfortable because when you are the size of a beluga whale (and not nearly as shapely), there's no real way to lay down or sit for extended periods comfortably. Something is going to hurt. But most people try to muscle through minor discomfort. Not this big baby.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, materialgirl101 said:

Where is Dawn going to live?

She'll probably just camp out at the hospital. 

Joyce, lying supine and motionless in a bed: 

"I really am trying Dr. Now". 

Pepper Mostly: "Trying WHAT? You haven't lifted a fucking finger!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Great job WonTon!!!  I did legs & stomach this morning.  Lots of leg presses & hack squats.

I actually do it more for my depression and anxiety, but thank you! And you go girl/guy!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

And the trophy for best poundticipant weight guess goes to @OoogleEyes!  Yes, @OoogleEyes, with an astoundingly close guess of 759!  OoogleEyes is a weight guesser extraordinaire. Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!

You’ve won a party-sized tray of lasagna, a tiny tattoo for your ankle (or a regular-sized tattoo if your ankle is supersized), lessons on how to talk in a baby voice, a tape of dr. Now saying, “This a bad sitchwayschun”, a friend to lift your lower abdomen, and, of course, the admiration of your fellows Pounders.  Well played!

image.png

Whoo hoo! Thankyou, thankyou very much 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4