Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Joyce's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I can't tell if she was really raped or just had her leg rubbed. That's disturbing as I'd like to believe her but her behavior..I don't know.

If that event happened, it is horrible. But it's not anything close to a justification for what she's doing to herself. Her weight issues started long before her stepbrother may or may not have gotten handsy with Joyce. 

And of course, it's everyone else's fault. It's her mom's for remarrying and not having her live immediately with her stepfamily (bad, but it's not like she was left on a street corner to fend for herself). It's her grandmother's for feeding her to much. It' her mom's (again) for taking her to live with her stepfamily and possibly having her molested as a result.

It's certainly not Joyce's, when she puts away four times the amount of food even the most hearty eater might put away at one sitting. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

That lasagna DOES look good.  

Yum I was thinking the same thing LOL.    A fuzzy memory of some type is the reason she looks like this?   Oh that plus she's been rejected by Mom her entire life.  Not saying this isn't valid, but I'm suspicious  when we're only hearing half of the story all the time......in this case the 800 lb half.  Gotta have an excuse I guess.  Can't just say " Boy oh boy, I DO so much just LOVE to eat!!!".  

1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I'm going with 735.  Mrs Formerly Heavy J is saying 740

Can't tell the height at all, but I'm going all the way to 830 lbs.

• Love 5
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I just want to put those enablers in jail!

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark, but I have a feeling that Joyce is really manipulative and guilts her mother over all the suffering she'd endured in her life. 

Who is this Dawn woman? Doesn't she have anything better to do with her life than be the caretaker for this useless bag of lard?

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

It seems like she has blocked the memory of what happened with her stepbrother. 

I worry about anyone claiming 'repressed memories.' I think the experts have decided (after many people's lives were ruined) that they probably don't occur or are very rare.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I have them around my neck.

I used to work with a woman who had a bunch around her neck. She just had them zapped off. I've had some zapped off myself, mostly around the bra line.

• Love 2

I am going to have to quit my job if I can't get home in time to watch my show!

Oh, look. So, most people have foyers at the front door and this house has ... JOYCE.

5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I saw somebody on Maury named Lasagna. 

I once had an interaction by phone with a young woman, student at Harvard Law, named Lasagna. My office mates and I had a lively conversation after this call and insisted that I had heard her incorrectly and that her name must be LaSonia. I received a follow up email. Lasagna. WHY.

4 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

It's like watching a shop-vac.

Dead. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1