Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Joyce's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My dad is 80 and he's getting a hip replaced in a couple weeks. He was talking way back at Christmas about how he wanted to get my brother and his friends to bring the recumbent stationary bike up to the living from the basement if his doc okays it for PT.

I've had 2 friends get hip replacements, including 1 I picked up at the hospital. The docs have these folks up and walking pretty soon. It's amazing. One of our departmental admins had a heart attack while back. I think he spent 3 days in the hospital and went home. They don't let you just lie around anymore.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Yes, I can believe it.   4' 11' is really short, hence the 160 BMI.

One of my friends from college is 5 feet and weighed 95 back then. After 20+ years and two kids she probably still does.

Don't you be snippy with Dr. Now, lady!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her face is getting all blotchy. She's lying and she is furious at Dr. Now for not buying what she's selling. 

I was thinking exactly the same.

I eat around 1200 calories per day to lose, and I weigh a motorcycle or two less than her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Um, am I being punked?  Is she really telling Doc Now that the diet he gave her is WRONG??  Oh my lordy.......i do wonder how much an ambulance ride would cost if anyone knows?🤔

Edited by suev33 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

OMG can these lazy producers find some other footage for these shows other than these blobs laying around in a chair staring into outer space?

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

"1200 calories is still to much for me."

I'm sure she meant that restricting herself to 1200 calories a day is too hard.

I guarantee she’s eating more that with each meal. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's 9:10. There's no way she's going to lose any significant weight and all I'm gonna be getting is stroll through the park at 9:55. 

Sounds about right. I remember one person they showed in their wheelchair at the park at the end like that was supposed to be so uplifting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Everything on earth has a label on it with calories, fat, carbs, etc.    She's such an idiot, and dissing Dr. Now is garbage.       So she was about 550 when she left the hospital after two months?   My guess she'll be back to 600 easy when she weighs in.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's 9:10. There's no way she's going to lose any significant weight and all I'm gonna be getting is stroll through the park at 9:55. 

Stroll in the park? You're so optimistic today. 🙂 I'm expecting either her laying in her recliner or someone pushing her in a wheelchair in the park.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think "stroll" is mighty optimistic.  Maybe "roll."

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

It's amazing how so many of Dr. Now's failing patients managed to gain advanced medical degrees so that they know more than a doctor with decades of experience treating morbidly obese patients.

Her excuses and whining are wearing on my last nerve. If she can walk 40 feet, she can certainly walk to a car, sit for the drive over, and then walk into the clinic. I was walking the day of my surgery (getting up on my own to go to the bathroom - pulling my IV pole with me). I just have no patiences for her self-pity and excuses.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, WonTon said:

This delusional manatee. 🐷

I sent my sister a video with manatees. Who knew she didn't like them/gets freaked out by them? She shouldn't have told me.

I made it my mission to send her manatee stuff from amazon.

Don't mess with me. I have a credit card. 😄

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

We need a separate Pennyisms BINGO card. How many have we heard so far? The first one I noticed was her need for oxygen even though Dr. Now says it's not necessary. Then, he's unfair, doesn't understand her body, she's trying as hard as she can, etc.

Can anyone think of any more? Calling @Pepper Mostly!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Everything on earth has a label on it with calories, fat, carbs, etc.    She's such an idiot, and dissing Dr. Now is garbage.       So she was about 550 when she left the hospital after two months?   My guess she'll be back to 600 easy when she weighs in.  

Not to mention that you can buy a food scale and set of measuring cups at any home supply store (or on Amazon). There's no excuse in not knowing how big a portion you're eating unless you don't want to know how big a portion you're eating.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

If she saw what people need to do to get ready for the Ironman Triathalon, she'd shit herself.

My cousin's wife does Ironmans (Ironmen?). Looks like their 7-year-old daughter might follow in mom's footsteps (she did her first 5K in the fall and came in first for her age group).

• Love 5
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Stroll in the park? You're so optimistic today. 🙂 I'm expecting either her laying in her recliner or someone pushing her in a wheelchair in the park.

Or the medical transport people wheeling her around on a gurney. 😉

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I’m betting she’ll still be in the recliner in the apartment.  No park for Joyce, it’s Too Hard and Hurts Too Much.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I've had 2 friends get hip replacements, including 1 I picked up at the hospital. The docs have these folks up and walking pretty soon. It's amazing. One of our departmental admins had a heart attack while back. I think he spent 3 days in the hospital and went home. They don't let you just lie around anymore.

Most of the patients on this show seem to have a mental block about walking. It’s some kind of phobia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Concerned said:

Kansas. 4’11”. Initial weight 758. Mom divorce twice and grandma over fed her then she work fast food.

Hasn't that been everyone's backstory this season?! "It's all grandma's fault." 

7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

She wants to take in LESS? IS that a first on this show?

What she SAYS and what she DOES are not one and the same!  Besides, what she was actually eating is nowhere near 1200 calories... more like 3200 if not 5200, which probably was felt awfully hard to her after 12,000 she used to consume.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

Um, am I being punked?  Is she really telling Doc Now that the diet he gave her is WRONG??  Oh my lordy.......i do wonder how much an ambulance ride would cost if anyone knows?🤔

Speaking from experience,  ambulance is very expensive.  Medical transport is very reasonable.  

• Love 4