Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LIV: Live Posting Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Seltzer booze is just wine coolers making a comeback.   We tried those in the 80s, they were a bad idea

You are technically correct, which is the best kind of correct. 

Did Nas' horse actually dance or read that cgi? 

5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Seltzer booze is just wine coolers making a comeback.   We tried those in the 80s, they were a bad idea

4 minutes ago, xaxat said:

2. Seltzer with alcohol it one of the fastest growing beverage segments.

a565e5545d8b239b22eb2f02f73176f6.jpg

9 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

How many here are lit up right now?

I don't drink on work nights and I don't care about football enough to suffer through a Monday with a buzz-induced hangover.

The Doritos Commercial with Little Nas/Sam Elliot was one of my favorites from tonight. My dad is a big fan of Westerns, so I'm familiar with Sam due to that. And I thought that commercial was amusing. And I did lol when Billy Ray Cyrus said he wasn't dancing at the end. 

• Love 7

The Jets will win another Super Bowl before I wll ever have Alexa or anything Amazon related in my house. Plus, Ellen is as charming as hugging a cactus. Al least, a cactus is beautiful to look at & tolerate.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Magog said:

The Jets will win another Super Bowl before I wll ever have Alexa or anything Amazon in my house. Plus, Ellen is as charming as hugging a cactus. Al teast, a cactus is beautiful to look at & tolerate.

While I'm sure my phone and Google know where I am at all times, and what I say at all times, I still will never have one of those smart speakers in my house.  And, I'm no fan of Ellen.  That said, I thought the commercial was funny and clever. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

Nothing says exercise like beer and Jimmy Fallon.  Wait.  No.  No, those two latter things are directly contradictory to the former.  You lose big, Michelob.

I immediately thought of Bill Hicks ripping into Jay Leno for doing commercials even though he already had money.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Magog said:

The Jets will win another Super Bowl before I wll ever have Alexa or anything Amazon in my house. Plus, Ellen is as charming as hugging a cactus. Al teast, a cactus is beautiful to look at & tolerate.

Aww. I liked that commercial. All the Alexa-named people trying to do things Alexa does for you. Thought it was cute. Especially the "fake" news-boy.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

In its defense, seltzer booze is more like flavored unsweetened seltzer with a little vodka added, as opposed to the 80’s wine coolers which were basically carbonated Boone’s Farm. Or so I’ve heard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Court said:

Alright, let's see some of that KC offense that scores at will. I really don't want to see the Niners win. Ugh.

I would be fine with either team winning, but I would prefer the Chiefs to win in this game. It's the Andy Reid factor for me, I really do want to see him get a Super Bowl. And I believe that this might be his best chance to get another one. I do believe that the Chiefs will be competitive/contenders in the future. But I could see the 49ers returning to the Super Bowl quicker than I could see the Chiefs getting back there. 

• Love 3

You forget how much experience Jimmy G has because he is only in his 2nd full year starting.   But it shows in big games like this.    

I was torn on who to pick.   I like both teams.   But my brain said "go with the experienced guy."

7 minutes ago, Court said:

Alright, let's see some of that KC offense that scores at will. I really don't want to see the Niners win. Ugh.

Now you know good and damn well Andy Reid is about to start making some dumb ass coaching decisions. He's down by 10 in the 4th. Can't help himself! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, talktoomuch said:

Aww. I liked that commercial. All the Alexa-named people trying to do things Alexa does for you. Thought it was cute. Especially the "fake" news-boy.

I liked all the little snippets but gotta go with Nixon and his tapes as the best one!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

You forget how much experience Jimmy G has because he is only in his 2nd full year starting.   But it shows in big games like this.    

I was torn on who to pick.   I like both teams.   But my brain said "go with the experienced guy."

I like both teams, too.  But I had to pick one for the pool I'm in on another board.  So...let's go 49ers!  And "the experienced guy"!! 

6 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

In its defense, seltzer booze is more like flavored unsweetened seltzer with a little vodka added, as opposed to the 80’s wine coolers which were basically carbonated Boone’s Farm. Or so I’ve heard.

So it's Zima?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Every Patrick Mahomes mistake brings my absolute hatred for the Niners screaming back to me.  It’s been over thirty years and I hates them.  I hates them!

Kansas City please get your shit together.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I’m always sober. I reckon I miss out on a lot of fun that way.

No you don't, lovey. You stay in control of yourself and don't have to worry about what you said or did under the influence. You can be amused by the antics of the not-sober people around you. Unless you're just a jerk even when dry, all is good with what you do when you're sober.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Technically, it's a malt liquor no vodka added. Like Zima, Four Loko, Mikes Hard Lemonade, White Claw etc. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

So it's Zima?

I think I missed the whole Zima era; I must have been pregnant then. Seriously, not trying to convince anyone to try it, but as a fan of flavored unsweetened seltzer and also of an occasional hard beverage, I find it a decent option. 

2 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

How is ketchup vile?

It smells horrible, it looks horrible, & it also taste horrible. I can also say the same thing about mustard, mayo, relish, & potato salad.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Okay, that Bounty ad (with Charmin and Olay thrown in) was odd.  I admit to laughing when she said, "We need backup!" and the backup singers showed up.

Clever, how they had all the P&G products in one commercial

• Love 2