Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: On Fire

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Did anyone else flashback to when Bishop killed the guy that killed her fiancé. (Sorry I stink with names.)

I bet that she would've killed this guy, if she had the chance.

Is this another step down the road to where Bishop trains with Odette and becomes "Ziva 2".

That said,  I think Gibbs shot the guy. In part because the guy deserved it, and in part to protect Bishop.

So are Bishop and Nick more obviously "an item"?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MDL said:

Did anyone else flashback to when Bishop killed the guy that killed her fiancé. (Sorry I stink with names.)

And to when Torres was almost killed by someone from another old case where his testimony was needed.

• Love 2

Wow that Russian douchebag was seriously a super douchebag. I would have loved to see someone actually shoot him in front of us instead of finding his dead body.

Interesting that the hit and run was tied back to Torres. I wasn’t expecting that. I’m still a fan of Bishop and Torres but just get together already.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MDL said:

Is this another step down the road to where Bishop trains with Odette and becomes "Ziva 2".

I didn't like how they introduced Bishop, I thought they should have done many things differently but what I liked was that she was so very different from Ziva and that they were not trying to bring in another Ziva but found another character and agent to fill her place, like it would be in real life. Needless to say, I don't like where they're going with her. It makes no sense. Let Bishop be her own character. 

• Love 10

So they've completely forgotten that Torres has a sister and niece and that's why he came to DC in the first place.  He has family, but they ignore that fact so they can be all rah-rah we're a family not just a team aspect.  It's annoying.

ETA: Also annoying that Ellie had a band aid on her forehead for a tiny scratch that was barely visible, and Torres didn't have any markings on him whatsoever, but both of them were in a major car accident/hit and run.  

Edited by Slider
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

Russian Douche had a large entourage, any of whom could have offed him for any number of reasons.  Also, if Yoga Girl says she didn't do it, why should you believe her?

I missed the reason why Douche was allowed to be Douche -- can anyone explain?!

9 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I didn't like how they introduced Bishop, I thought they should have done many things differently but what I liked was that she was so very different from Ziva and that they were not trying to bring in another Ziva but found another character and agent to fill her place, like it would be in real life. Needless to say, I don't like where they're going with her. It makes no sense. Let Bishop be her own character. 

YES! Bishop was an analyst that noticed patterns. She ate junk food like crazy and sat on the floor. She was unique. Now, she's just unbearably annoying. She really ruins the show for me. She's so angry and disrespectful to almost everyone around her. She's no Ziva, and that should be a good thing. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

I missed the reason why Douche was allowed to be Douche -- can anyone explain?!

Magic. Sovereign immunity isn't a thing and only counts for monarchies still extant. KINGS and sovereign Queens, not princes and princesses. So It's magic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

I hate how they never trust Vance and are always so disrespectful to him.

You have to remember that this is an alternate universe in which Hillary Clinton was elected president. After all, there's a female SecNav. Remember what the orange impeached one did to his last two. Vance would have been fired ages ago.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, valen said:

YES! Bishop was an analyst that noticed patterns. She ate junk food like crazy and sat on the floor. She was unique. Now, she's just unbearably annoying. She really ruins the show for me. She's so angry and disrespectful to almost everyone around her. She's no Ziva, and that should be a good thing. 

She ruins the show for me, too. I liked her okay at first, but now she just seems like a spoiled, headstrong teenager, back-talking to her parents. She is so unprofessional, and her relationship with Torres is also like teenagers, not like someone who was married to another professional once upon a time.

I wanted to think Vance killed the guy, if it wasn't the blond girl. I thought that Gibbs has been tortured by the conflict of being in law enforcement and having taking the law into his own hands when he shot the man responsible for killing his wife and daughter. I do not like thinking that Gibbs will kill anyone who messes with his family. He is smarter than that, I expected them to find some other way to take the guy out, like setting him in the path of some other enemy of his or something (there have to be other people who hate that guy). Not a professional hit by a professional law enforcement agent. That's not what I watch this show for.

• Love 4

The Douche was as Douche-y as they come but I don't think he fit into Gibbs' idea of who needs killing.

28 minutes ago, ForReal said:

I expected them to find some other way to take the guy out, like setting him in the path of some other enemy of his or something (there have to be other people who hate that guy).

That would have been a very good way to get him.

I think it was yoga girl who really did kill him, no matter how much she denied it.

But did the show really want us to believe that Gibbs did it?

I did like the twist that Torres was a target, not a random victim.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

What was super ridiculous was when Gibbs pulled Bishop aside for that talk, and talked about not wanting her to end up like him, and she said "too late".  Such crap.  She is nowhere near like him, although at the time they were chatting, I'm sure the writers thought the wanna-be badass would be convincing.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Slider said:

ETA: Also annoying that Ellie had a band aid on her forehead for a tiny scratch that was barely visible, and Torres didn't have any markings on him whatsoever, but both of them were in a major car accident/hit and run.  

The Beauty Is Never Tarnished trope. An especially annoying one. No matter what hell someone goes through, they look perfect.

I think Bishop's some kind of Black Widow. Jake leaves her, Qasim is dead, and Torres is severely banged up at the very least.

It's gotten to the point of parody how often these people's love interests get killed off. I'm still disappointed that they turned Jake into a cheating SOB, but at least he left alive (unlike so many of  Jamie Bamber's other characters).

Edited by Camille
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I've wondered for years who, exactly, is in all these focus groups or whatever, that just looooves the leads going "rogue" to "avenge" that which has wronged them. Normally I hate Sloane, but she was the only sane person here, rightly identifying that Bishop was having PTSD and needed to be off the case. Duuuuh. Also, they were going slightly off the rails for just some random jackhole. I mean, yeah, the guy was a complete and utter jackhole, but nobody important died, Torres became (implausibly) fine in about 8 seconds, there wasn't really "NOW it's personal" aspects to this. And again, yes, the guy was a total jackhole, but I did rather enjoy his not giving any effs while the team was trying to get him to talk.

Could not have rolled my eyes harder at Bishop's "too late" to Gibbs telling her to not be like him.

Could not possibly care less about whether or not Bishop and Torres are going to hook up but AT LEAST they seem to be a reasonably sane, balanced, functional relationship, as opposed to the hot mess that was Tony and Ziva.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, MissLucas said:

And what happened to the baby tiger?

I wondered about that, too. Usually when an arrest like that is made, animal control tags along and takes possession of the beastie in question. He sure was cute, though, wasn't he?

• Love 1
On 1/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, CheshireCat said:

I didn't like her then, and I still don't like her now. It isn't just the character. The actress is awful, too.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JessDVD said:

I've wondered for years who, exactly, is in all these focus groups or whatever, that just looooves the leads going "rogue" to "avenge" that which has wronged them.

Judging by many comments that I read, it's the TV industry that likes it and not the viewers.

I think going rogue works for some characters, especially when it fits with how the charatcer was set up and makes sense from a story/episode point of view. With others, it just gets annoying and looks like they're trying too hard to turn the character into something they're not. (Bishop being a prime example).

• Love 3
On 1/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, MDL said:

I think Gibbs shot the guy. In part because the guy deserved it, and in part to protect Bishop.

I think it is going to turn out to be someone we would never expect. Remember when Abby said she could kill someone without leaving any forensic evidence? If it wasn't Abby, it might have been Kasie.

Edited by eel21788
On 1/29/2020 at 2:00 PM, Trey said:

The Douche was as Douche-y as they come

Did you catch the Dan Bilzerian look-alike in the basketball game?  Now there's a real life person famous for being as douche-y as they come.   Definitely someone the Russian Douche would have in his pick-up basketball game.  That was either a very sly tongue firmly planted in cheek call-out, or someone in casting had a vague recollection from what they'd seen around that some other famous douche looks like that so cast the extra that way.  No way that was a coincidence, particularly since the camera kind of lingered on the extra, long enough for me to see the resemblance.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I didn't like her then, and I still don't like her now. It isn't just the character. The actress is awful, too.

Her upper lip no longer moves, and while I, in general, don't like to comment on actresses' appearances, it has affected her speech and it is majorly distracting to me. 

16 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Judging by many comments that I read, it's the TV industry that likes it and not the viewers.

This is why I've wondered. I've followed TV forums for over 10 years and I don't think I've ever seen someone in a comments section say "(Insert name of lead of procedural) going rogue for the 97,000th time? I am LOVING this!". Yet every procedural Mr. DVD & I watch (which is many) inevitably, a couple times each season, has someone on the team go all batcrap and it's the same story every time, nobody talks them down, nobody benches them, they just barely squeeze by with not being completely illegal, but even if they don't, it's OK because it was ~personal~. I find it boring and cringeworthy and sloppy writing, and I feel like the majority of the internet sentiment is the same, yet the writers of all these shows continue to do it, so are they getting positive feedback from some other section of the internet? Or do they just love it themselves and force the viewers to deal with it, even though they know we all hate it?

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JessDVD said:

This is why I've wondered. I've followed TV forums for over 10 years and I don't think I've ever seen someone in a comments section say "(Insert name of lead of procedural) going rogue for the 97,000th time? I am LOVING this!". Yet every procedural Mr. DVD & I watch (which is many) inevitably, a couple times each season, has someone on the team go all batcrap and it's the same story every time, nobody talks them down, nobody benches them, they just barely squeeze by with not being completely illegal, but even if they don't, it's OK because it was ~personal~. I find it boring and cringeworthy and sloppy writing, and I feel like the majority of the internet sentiment is the same, yet the writers of all these shows continue to do it, so are they getting positive feedback from some other section of the internet? Or do they just love it themselves and force the viewers to deal with it, even though they know we all hate it?

This takes me back to Sipowicz (?) on NYPD Blue.  They take a character that can seem sort of unfeeling/crass/whatever, and throw in a horrible child-murdering monster....and now we see how he can feel things so deeply and express a sense of moral outrage that is even deeper than everyone else, as evidenced by the extreme depths of the (heroic yet outlaw) actions he is willing to take.  Barf there and barf here.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Raise your hand if you thought Torres might not make a full and speedy recovery. Yeah that’s what I thought. Is it wrong that I was actively rooting for him to die? I just don’t like the actor or the character. Ditto for bishop. She was okay when she joined but the character has become insufferable over the past couple of seasons. 

• Love 1
On 2/9/2020 at 1:49 AM, Sake614 said:

Is it wrong that I was actively rooting for him to die? I just don’t like the actor or the character. Ditto for bishop. She was okay when she joined but the character has become insufferable over the past couple of seasons. 

I actually got a little excited thinking maybe he would. It would certainly shake things up and allow the show to move in some new directions, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ForReal said:

I actually got a little excited thinking maybe he would. It would certainly shake things up and allow the show to move in some new directions, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yes!  And Reeves comes back.  He didn't really die - it was part of a plan to go undercover.  

Sigh.  A girl can dream.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!  And Reeves comes back.  He didn't really die - it was part of a plan to go undercover.  

Ya know, as derivative as that is, I'd buy into that premise in a nanosecond. Who among us didn't secretly crush on Reeves?

• Like 1
  • Love 6