Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Maid of Honour

• Start Topic

“Johnny, it’s practically obsidian in here.” I swear Moira has the best lines. I also loved how Alexis kept fiddling with her massive earrings. I’m sure the actress hates wearing them.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 8

My fav line was Patricks response to Alexis' line "Stevie said yes?!"

Patrick " It was more of a reluctant 'sure' "

I can totally hear Stevie saying that.

Followed by the second best line "Diplo still sends me nudes"

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, zibnchy said:

What was the point of the Roland/Johnny story-line? Does Chris Elliot know where some bodies are buried?

The point was to establish their working relationship as equals. Johnny can't just boss Roland around anymore he has to get him on the same page when making decisions. I am sure this will come into play in a bigger way as we progress with the season. Plus, Roland's sexist/global warming jokes were pretty good, I liked that in the end even the lawyer joined in on them.

I felt for Stevie, poor thing losing her new exciting job in just 1 week. I am pretty sure Johnny would welcome her back with open arms if she  wanted to go back to the motel.

My favorite little moment was Jocelyn saying she doesn’t like horror/Michael Myers movies and Moira saying “Not the Love Guru!” That is not exactly a horror movie XD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I love that Patrick has no clue about Diplo, JC Chasez, and half the pop culture things that Alexis and David talk about. I just wish we could have seen his reaction to David's bachelor party suggestion.

Alexis has shown so much growth over the years but never more than when she gave up being maid of honor because she could see how much Stevie needed a win. And not only was she totally gracious about it, but she offered to help (which means you know she's going to end up doing a lot of the work and getting no credit).

When David said he had a better job for Alexis, I thought he was going to ask her to be the wedding coordinator which you know she would LOVE.

Ha and David was one of the five people (along with me) who watched Pan Am!

• Like 1
  • Love 23

I felt for Stevie, poor thing losing her new exciting job in just 1 week.

But, why? They told them during the interview process that there were currently 18 pending lawsuits against Larry Air, why would you want to go to work for a company like that? And as we suspected, the only places they flew were Hoboken, Windsor and South Dakota. OK I get that Stevie was looking to branch out and find some purpose in her life beyond the motel but this was the wrong step to take.

(18 lawsuits . . . one of them is from Larry!)

I hope Johnny and Moira move into the new motel, the rooms look so much nicer than the Rosebud Motel.

I totally want to see The Crows Have Eyes 3: The Crowening, but sadly, I do not subscribe to Interflix.

Twyla: "What if it's nominated for an Oscar?!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha and David was one of the five people (along with me) who watched Pan Am!

Pan Am!  I was also an avid watcher.  

So proud of Alexis and her growth & I really want a happier end for Stevie.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Harvey said:

My favorite little moment was Jocelyn saying she doesn’t like horror/Michael Myers movies and Moira saying “Not the Love Guru!” That is not exactly a horror movie XD.

Wasn't "Michael Myers" the name of the killer in the "Halloween" horror movies? Moira thought she meant the actor Mike Myers who was in "The Love Guru".

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Seelouis said:

Whoever writes for Moira is brilliant. “We must keep the carriage in the wake of the mare” instead of “ don’t put the cart before the horse” is absolute perfection. 

THIS! I live for Moira's dialogue.

2 hours ago, meligator said:

Pan Am!  I was also an avid watcher.  

So proud of Alexis and her growth & I really want a happier end for Stevie.

I watched Pan Am too and was sad it was cancelled so quickly. Margot Robbie went on to bigger and better things, though.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I can't wait to see what Moira wears to the wedding! Fingers crossed for something epic.

I would imagine her Crowening red carpet dress -- she's got to wear it somewhere -- but with the appropriate Moira headwear! 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 2

Moira dropping in on Jocelyn in that ridiculous Crows headgear was awesome! Apparently she was just wearing it around town? Moira living exclusively in Moiraland, as usual! 

And I love that they always refer to it as "the Crows movie" instead of by its title!

• Love 3

So in the previous episode's thread, I posted about how Roland has showed growth over the last couple of seasons and that he wasn't nearly as obtuse and oblivious as he used to be. Then this episode airs... I'm so disappointed that his character regressed in order to have yet another "Johnny and Roland experience an awkward situation" story line.

Oh well. You can't win 'em all.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I would imagine her Crowening red carpet dress -- she's got to wear it somewhere -- but with the appropriate Moira headwear! 

I’m still gutted that she had to return that gorgeous dress last season. I’m hoping that Johnny will have it show up just in time for the Crows premiere. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I’m still gutted that she had to return that gorgeous dress last season. I’m hoping that Johnny will have it show up just in time for the Crows premiere. 

I thought she kept it! That's what I figured she'd wear to the wedding! Did she ever actually return it? Being Moira, she may have said she was going to, but did she really? (I WISH I could type that "did she really" in Moira voice . . . )

• Love 1

I thought David was going to ask Alexis to be best woman.

I thought for a minute he might ask her to officiate.

I don't think there will be a premiere to speak of. The movie is dropping on a new streaming service called Interflix. Which I'm guessing is the Larry Air equivalent of Netflix.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I kind of wonder if the only reason Stevie ended up with that job is so we could see her in an actual flight attendant outfit. She must have really wanted that job to go that far - it's a big leap from the jeans and plaid shirts she usually wears.

So in the previous episode's thread, I posted about how Roland has showed growth over the last couple of seasons and that he wasn't nearly as obtuse and oblivious as he used to be. Then this episode airs... I'm so disappointed that his character regressed in order to have yet another "Johnny and Roland experience an awkward situation" story line.

Oh well. You can't win 'em all.

Roland will be Roland. I hated him during the first season. And into the second season. But it eventually wore off and I just accept that he's there, kind of like when there's a fly trapped in my car, buzzing and flying around but I can't get the thing to actually fly out the damn window. I just kind of ignore it and go on. I see the purpose for Roland in the show, and I'm grateful we have Jocelyn because of him, but I sure don't miss him when he's less prominent. The fact that I don't like Chris Elliott doesn't help, but I think he's just supposed to be irritating, so his lack of growth doesn't bother me. Some people never "grow" and are just oblivious their whole lives; it would be more surprising to me if Roland wasn't one of those people.

• Love 4
On 1/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, Harvey said:

On 1/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, MaryMitch said:

Wasn't "Michael Myers" the name of the killer in the "Halloween" horror movies? Moira thought she meant the actor Mike Myers who was in "The Love Guru".

That was such a KILLER line, I laughed so hard I had to pause it. Typical Moira purple prose has her referring to Mike "Fat Bastard" Myers as MICHAEL and thus confusing this whole situation. So many gems fly under the radar with this show.

Edited by mledawn
  • Love 7

Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy are Second City vets so improv comes naturally to them. I spend a lot of time wondering how much of their dialogue is scripted and how much of it they embellish. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love this show but they bent themselves in pretzels to contrive a reason for Stevie to be sole Maid of Honour. For one thing, there are two grooms so it would be perfectly reasonable for there to be two people in the wedding party; for another, Stevie was the one whose blessing Patrick sought before proposing (which I also thought was odd but that's for another day) so if anything she should have been the one slotted into giving David away.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 1:28 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In case you need to have Moira’s crow head piece, you can get it here!

EB......you never cease to amaze me!

BTW......you watch some of the same shows I do. Thanks for providing all those video links. They elevate my enjoyment of reading this forum.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 2

Moira’s vocabulary and pronunciations are dialed up to 11 this season and I love it!

Stevie’s flight attendant uniform was gorgeous. (Way nicer than Larry Air would actually shell out for, realistically.)

I love Alexis supporting Stevie through the whole Maid of Honor thing, though I have a big question mark about David’s solution. Neither of his parents is going to give him away? 

• Love 3
On 1/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, iMonrey said:

But, why? They told them during the interview process that there were currently 18 pending lawsuits against Larry Air, why would you want to go to work for a company like that? And as we suspected, the only places they flew were Hoboken, Windsor and South Dakota. OK I get that Stevie was looking to branch out and find some purpose in her life beyond the motel but this was the wrong step to take.

(18 lawsuits . . . one of them is from Larry!)

I hope Johnny and Moira move into the new motel, the rooms look so much nicer than the Rosebud Motel.

I totally want to see The Crows Have Eyes 3: The Crowening, but sadly, I do not subscribe to Interflix.

Twyla: "What if it's nominated for an Oscar?!"

To be honest, I am a little sick of the family always coddling Stevie. She is someone who inherited a business and works with people that really love and care for her. She is very lucky and I am sick of her sad sack routine. We all have disappointments in life...heck, the Roses lost a fortune through mostly no fault of their own.

She is a fully grown healthy attractive young woman. I sometimes feel that she is only around for the other characters to show empathy.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

To be honest, I am a little sick of the family always coddling Stevie. She is someone who inherited a business and works with people that really love and care for her. She is very lucky and I am sick of her sad sack routine. We all have disappointments in life...heck, the Roses lost a fortune through mostly no fault of their own.

She is a fully grown healthy attractive young woman. I sometimes feel that she is only around for the other characters to show empathy.

I really enjoyed Stevie as a character but I had never looked at it quite this way. You're right that in many ways she is stunted - I think that she's never really felt any motivation to try. The Roses are helping Stevie just as much as the Schitt's Creek residents are helping the Roses.

• Love 3

I agree with qtpye and often feel like I’m the only person who really dislikes the character of Stevie. She is the Eeoyre of the series and brings down many of the scenes she’s in (for me). I understand introverted, I understand insecure, but she has been “whomp whomp, woe is me” for 6 seasons now and it’s grating, borderline selfish. Even when David told her he was engaged last season and she ran out to buy the towels, it felt...short sighted. That couldn’t have waited until after opening night of Cabaret? And David’s SISTER should be maid of honor, that’s not even a question. Why is everyone tip toeing around this sad sack??? 

Stevie served her purpose the first two seasons. After Patrick became a sure bet, Stevie just became a depressing house plant. 

• Love 2