Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E02: Week 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

He has no chemistry with anyone, yet once again, he was  standing between some unlucky woman's legs while kissing her. Last week, rather than have her legs part naturally during a make out session he took his hand and pried her legs apart.  Who does that?  

On 1/13/2020 at 8:27 PM, JenE4 said:

Yes. That’s how you know you’re dismissed. Kiss and swoop off stage left and bring on the next victim. Oh, jesus, except for the one who was thrown on top of the antique dresser! She didn’t give you “enough love”? Oh, she’s stepping it up, so throw her on top of the credenza next.

The hoist-girl-up-on-furniture thing is obviously Peter's go-to move when he wants to bring on the boom-chick-a-wow-wow...but it sooo doesn't work for him.  It always looks awkward and unorganic and the opposite of sexy.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:55 PM, coconutcookie said:

I'm afraid they're setting Hannah Brown up for a second go round as the bachelorette. Ugh. I don't like her and don't ever want to hear "somethink" again.

23 hours ago, lizajane said:

Oh dear God help us. Hannah Ann has that super annoyinggk speech habit  that her namesake has.

Unfortunately, Hannah Ann's sounds far, far worse and more intentional than Hannah B's ever did.  I just don't get it.

• Love 1

This show has unintentionally become a parody of itself. Maybe I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be 23 but these girls are just messes. Peter just seems like an okay average guy that got plopped in the middle of Hot Girl Island and just can’t believe his good fortune, “you mean I can make out with ALL of them, and they will fight over me like I’m the last man on earth, cool!”. I hope he got some coaching on how to deal with all the mental issues here. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Top form, Mu Shu!

But I can't stop looking at your gorgeous hair!

On 1/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, SassyCat said:

Did anyone else expect that champagne to blow up into Kelsey's face like I was thinking was going to happen? I've opened enough bottles of champagne to know you have to wait for the innards to settle down a bit before pouring because it WILL explode like a volcano, wasting much of the bottles contents when the bottle is being tipped back upright after the initial pour? I saw that coming a mile away and did feel bad for her. How humiliating after all the champagne hoopla to begin with.

VictoriaF and her fake insecurity about the modeling in front of people went right out the door when she hit that runway like she'd practiced for it her whole life. She walked that runway like a champ and I'm surprised she didn't win the clothes.

Hannah Anna has a sneaky bitch look behind that innocent mask she wears. She's a calculator, that one.

And I so dislike her mushy little face.  She looks like an overgrown child.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

The hoist-girl-up-on-furniture thing is obviously Peter's go-to move when he wants to bring on the boom-chick-a-wow-wow...but it sooo doesn't work for him.  It always looks awkward and unorganic and the opposite of sexy.

I wonder if it’s his attempt to match hot guy’s up against the wall move on Emily’s season. I can’t remember his name. Was it Arie?

• Love 3

This season is a hot mess.

Janice Dickenson is how Kelsey will look if she doesn't stop going to the plastic surgeon.  Who, by the way, should be sued for the way he/she messed up the end of Kelsey's nose.  I find myself staring at it which is weird.  

I am one of those "don't ever want to be center of attention" people and, trust me, Victoria is not one of us.  

Please tell me that the one Peter's mother begs him to "Bring her home!!!" is not Hannah B!  And if it's not, please...for the love...do not give Hannah B another shot at the Bachelorette.   I would not watch it with a gun to my head, tied to a train track with wild, feral, starving dogs charging me.  Never, in this lifetime or the next.  

Edited by limecoke
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 1/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, LuvMyShows said:

The hoist-girl-up-on-furniture thing is obviously Peter's go-to move when he wants to bring on the boom-chick-a-wow-wow...but it sooo doesn't work for him.  It always looks awkward and unorganic and the opposite of sexy.

I think Peter's going to be unpleasantly surprised to learn how silly he looks with a lot of his "moves." That dance thing he showed one of the girls had me cringing so hard. It looked just like BiP Blake and his overused Stagecoach dance moves. 

Please tell me that the one Peter's mother begs him to "Bring her home!!!" is not Hannah B!  And if it's not, please...for the love...do not give Hannah B another shot at the Bachelorette.   I would not watch it with a gun to my head, tied to a train track with wild, feral, starving dogs charging me.  Never, in this lifetime or the next.  

I suspect Peter's mom is crying about Madison since she seemed to like her so much. But that whole crying scene is so overwrought, I'm already embarrassed for her and I haven't even seen it yet. What kind of parent dives so enthusiastically into such a ridiculous premise?

• Love 12
On 1/15/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mu Shu said:

I’ve uploaded my latest video. Check it out on YouTube-MuShu TeeVee.

I snorted during that kissing re-enactment! I would love to pop some Asti Spumante with you and be your friend!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, limecoke said:

I'm hoping against hope that she is referring to the cow in the first episode.  Now that would be the most dramatic final rose ever!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I snorted during that kissing re-enactment! I would love to pop some Asti Spumante with you and be your friend!

Do you have a link? I can’t find it. 
NEVER MIND! Found it!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

But that whole crying scene is so overwrought, I'm already embarrassed for her and I haven't even seen it yet. What kind of parent dives so enthusiastically into such a ridiculous premise?

The same kind of woman who would pump her arm and holler woo upon hearing her son did it four times in a windmill.  The woman is one dramatic fame whore.  I'm embarrassed for her, too, but I can't wait to see her on the home visits.

ETA, Peter and his brother went to private  Christian schools and his parents are very active in their church.  It must be Hannah B's denomination, definitely not Luke P's.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Loved the second recap, too!    Especially you kissing the styrofoam head and then casually tossing it/him aside.    

Also spent the last half hour perusing wig websites, inspired by your great wig!    

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2020 at 6:43 AM, JudyObscure said:

I think that scruff they make Peter wear in an attempt to toughen him up is actually having the opposite effect.  He looks  like a teenager with his first fuzzy whiskers.  He has no chemistry with anyone, yet once again, he was  standing between some unlucky woman's legs while kissing her. Last week, rather than have her legs part naturally during a make out session he took his hand and pried her legs apart.  Who does that?  Add that to the four times thing and I'm calling "weird in bed."   Maybe we'll get more info at the Fantasy Suite show.

Agreed that he looks much better without it. Perhaps this is some style trend currently going on that you and I are currently unaware of....

I do think Peter has a submissive type personality, but what's wrong with that? The happiest couples I know clearly have the wife in charge. His mom is definitely the dominant one in his family relationship and the dad is so happy about it, he renewed his vows! Although whenever celebrities do that, a divorce is just around the corner. I don't know any regular people that have done it.

Anyway, Peter definitely seems to prefer the women with stronger personalities. Maybe that why "you're a strong woman" is his go-to compliment.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, RealHousewife said:

So many of these women are walking examples why men oftentimes tire of even the most pretty women quickly.

It’s not that unattractive women can’t also be bitchy, dramatic, and immature. But you ever see that strikingly beautiful girl who’s constantly dumped and everyone’s perplexed why she can’t keep a man? She’s probably similar to these broads.

Hannah Ann does scream fake. Kelsey sees right through it, but she’s got a different set of issues. She could stand to chill. Victoria cries if she’s not the #1 center of attention. The rumors about her make more sense now. 

People snark a lot about Janice, but she was crazy beautiful in her modeling days. 

Yeah, "crazy beautiful" just about describes it. I used to watch her modelling show, the one that she picked male and female aspiring models to be mentored by her and work at her agency. What I remember most about it was how mean she was and tried to portray it as giving good honest advice. She makes Tyra Banks seem down-to-earth.

Victoria F just makes me think of the character Ella from Lucifer. Almost uncanny how similar they seem.

I have a feeling that red-headed Lexi (red convertible) might be a dark horse in this season and go far. I actually liked Hannah Banana in the first episode, now I see her as an entitled little princess, coming on the show to extend her brand.  I love Tammy, think she's the most interesting woman on the show but don't think she is there to have much to do with Peter. Could see this as her audition for a HGTV show about flipping. (Houses, not guys!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Kelsey's reaction to the champagne was bat shit crazy. 

Victoria just as  weird. You made out with him on the runway in front of an audience. Yet she's still acting out about not getting attention. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’d love that! I’ll sit in the bathtub. Lol.

Well yeah. The tolet is a chair, and the bathtub is a chaise lounge. Only rich people don’t take advantage of their bathroom furniture. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Loved the second recap, too!    Especially you kissing the styrofoam head and then casually tossing it/him aside.    

Also spend last half hour perusing wig websites, inspired by your great wig!    

It’s the wren wig from esthetica. I got it at a good price from Taz from Taz’s wig closet. It has a lace front and doesn’t need any modifications. Works out of the box. 

• Useful 1
On 1/14/2020 at 5:59 AM, nittanycougar said:

I don't believe that Kelsey is 28.   There is something hard about her face. My guess is 32-33.  Of course being in your thirties is great, but it is sad lying about your age.  I get the feeling there is a story there.  She gives me Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction vibes.

What is a clothier?  Is that a fancy word for saleswoman?  These job titles are useless.

Hannah Ann bugs me because of her stupid, rhyming name and her child-like face. 

I think Kelsey looks so much older because of her thick pancake makeup and heavy blush.  It makes her look hard and angular.  She was Miss Iowa two years ago and they do verify age.  

Hannah Ann is no model unless you count the local mall’s seasonal runway shows.  She doesn’t have the body or bone structure. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, PrePreBabylonia said:
On 1/14/2020 at 6:43 AM, JudyObscure said:

I do think Peter has a submissive type personality, but what's wrong with that? The happiest couples I know clearly have the wife in charge. His mom is definitely the dominant one in his family relationship and the dad is so happy about it, he renewed his vows! 

Or did he renew his vows because that's what the woman wanted? I know couples like this, also, as well as couples where the man is controlling and the woman submissive, and I'm not so sure the dominated partners are happy or just doing whatever it takes  to keep the peace.  These  relationships are sometimes called parent/child and the child spouse, who maybe once wanted a strong partner to feel safe, sometimes grows up and wants to control his/her own life.  The healthiest sort of marriage is usually considered adult/adult with no one controlling the other, but an equal partnership in decisions and choices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, I'm always suspicious of vow renewals as the ones I've seen (Reality TV shows, FWIW), have always ended in divorce.

But I'm wondering if, in this case, it was producer driven?  A way to get a contestant hopeful to Peter's house, to allow her to charm his parents, only so we can later to see how heartbroken she'll be if/when he doesn't give her a rose later on?

Remember Arie's season, when Krystal (who later married Chris from BIP) had a one-on-one, and they flew to his parent's house in Arizona for their date?  She was truly hopeful that he chose her for that date, only for him to ditch her later on in the show, creating "true heartbreak".

So yeah, I'm wondering if the producers didn't set up this whole thing.  I mean, who would want such an intimate occasion televised?  And they also had to get releases from all their guests.  There had to be a huge crew of cameras, lights, grips, cables, etc., and the setup for something like that is no picnic.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Lemons said:

Hannah Ann is no model unless you count the local mall’s seasonal runway shows.  She doesn’t have the body or bone structure. 

She’s not high fashion, but she’s a legitimate model. No she’s not walking NY runways, but she’s done a lot of print and some commercials for well known brands. Commercials pay really well. 
Most high fashion models make peanuts. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

She’s not high fashion, but she’s a legitimate model. No she’s not walking NY runways, but she’s done a lot of print and some commercials for well known brands. Commercials pay really well. 
Most high fashion models make peanuts. 

That would make sense, more commercial than high fashion.  She still lives down south though?  You have to get yourself to LA or NYC if you're serious.  Probably most of them are hoping this is their stepping stone. 

2 minutes ago, Lemons said:

That would make sense, more commercial than high fashion.  She still lives down south though?  You have to get yourself to LA or NYC if you're serious.  Probably most of them are hoping this is their stepping stone. 

Nashville has become sort of a hot spot. My guess is that she does regional modeling because it pays well and she likes where she lives. I knew a girl who lived In Minneapolis and modeled on the side and she did great. At only 5’4. She had done some commercials and some paid a sort of residual. 

There are tons of modelesque girls competing in LA and NY. Most make very little. Being a regional model may sound provincial, but it can be lucrative. 

• Useful 2

I can see Hannah Ann successful as a print model. I don’t see her doing runway either due to her height, but the camera loves her face. She’s got very photogenic features. 

There are endless gorgeous influencers/Instagram models. That’s what I don’t get. How do so many of them make good livings when they competition is so high? 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I can see Hannah Ann successful as a print model. I don’t see her doing runway either due to her height, but the camera loves her face. She’s got very photogenic features. 

There are endless gorgeous influencers/Instagram models. That’s what I don’t get. How do so many of them make good livings when they competition is so high? 

Because their market is worldwide and immediately accessible.The great thing about social media Is that a girl who is too plain/heavy/old for modeling can create a look, put it out there, and find an audience. There may only be one job for a traditional modeling campaign, but influencers are creating their own campaigns. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Because their market is worldwide and immediately accessible.The great thing about social media Is that a girl who is too plain/heavy/old for modeling can create a look, put it out there, and find an audience. There may only be one job for a traditional modeling campaign, but influencers are creating their own campaigns. 

Good points. Some of the Instagram models I’ve seen are ridiculously beautiful, but they’re not always the tallest, thinnest, or youngest. A lot of them have looks that men to crazy over (busty sexpot types), but they wouldn’t make it as high fashion models or ever become supermodels. 

On 1/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, CrazyDog said:

That being said, I don't see how she could have known that Champagne was Kelsey's. But bullied? Drop that card, sweetheart. Getting in arguments and fighting with people does not mean you are getting bullied.

RIght.  And just because you can say you "felt bullied"  doesn't mean the behavior reaches that level.  you had an argument with another woman, you "felt"  bullied.   Deal with it.  NO need to tattle. 

• Love 8
On 1/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, chocolatine said:

The kissing of absolutely everyone, connection or not, has reached unprecedented heights. I hope Peter at least swishes some mouthwash in between women.

I am waiting for a season where there is an outbreak of mono or strep that divides the women who kissed the B from those who did not.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I am waiting for a season where there is an outbreak of mono or strep that divides the women who kissed the B from those who did not.  

This always reminds me of the movie Spinal Tap. They have an un-carried thru plot line where they get visits from an all-female band and end up with cold sores.

• Love 1