Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Lindsey's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Lindsey had it all: a white picket fence, a loving husband, a great job. But now her food addiction is threatening to ruin everything. And as she embarks on a weight loss journey to save her life, is her husband a support or an addict himself?

With no prior knowledge, who's voting for addict?  I am.  Otherwise I doubt they would have mentioned it. 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings.  Snark along with the show!

Original air date: 2020.01.08

• Love 5

Hi all! I wasn't sure if I'd watch tonight because of Jeopardy Greatest of All Time, but last night's episode is available on demand, so I am assuming tonight's will be available tomorrow and I'll be able to watch when I get home from work before the regular game starts. So here I am! Tonight's eating habit: scrambled eggs, honey-wheat toast, and Pepperidge Farm cherry thumbprint cookies. Maybe some Godiva dark chocolate peppermint hot cocoa later. We'll see. And I got to test out my new GreenPan™ (which is actually gray) that I got for Christmas.

And I just refreshed this page about a dozen times waiting for the thread to open. Torture!! So I've been chatting to myself in notepad while I wait.

----------

Another nice house...looks clean, artwork on the walls. (I will refrain from the joke about the giant fork and spoon on the kitchen wall that just flitted through my brain.)

Did we need to see her husband putting his pants on?

He gets her breakfast from the gas station? That can't be anything good. (Pizza...two cups of fries?...giant donut...all have their place but this is not what I call a "meal")

Cheating dad, divorce, dad stole her truck... he sounds like a real peach. (Though still better than what I feared from the comment about "what he did to me next.")

Abusive boyfriend who wanted her to stay fat. 

Prior gastric sleeve procedure and some weight loss. Met husband online. And now they're arguing.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 8
Just now, ams1001 said:

Hi all! I wasn't sure if I'd watch tonight because of Jeopardy Greatest of All Time, but last night's episode is available on demand, so I am assuming tonight's will be available tomorrow and I'll be able to watch when I get home from work before the regular game starts. So here I am! Tonight's eating habit: scrambled eggs, honey-wheat toast, and Pepperidge Farm cherry thumbprint cookies. Maybe some Godiva dark chocolate peppermint hot cocoa later. We'll see. And I got test out my new GreenPan™ (which is actually gray) that I got for Christmas.

And I just refreshed this page about a dozen times waiting for the thread to open. Torture!! So I've been chatting to myself in notepad while I wait.

----------

OMG, I did the same thing so I wouldn’t forget what I wanted to say lololol

• LOL 1

Hi Pounders! I missed you guys last week more than I missed the show!!!

She doesn’t look as big to me as some of these people do at 600 pounds.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

OMG Paul's got a case of the drunk cries. 

Also, I was stuck at work and am starving and it's not helping that Lindsey is shoving cake pops into her mouth!

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also, I was stuck at work and am starving and it's not helping that Lindsey is shoving cake pops into her mouth!

Thanks.  I had no clue what she was eating.

• Love 1

So her father was a feeder, and the first husband/boyfriend was a feeder.   I'm so glad Paul (the husband) isn't a feeder, and I hope he'll be supportive. 

I really hate her father, steals her truck, constant cheating, at least two extra wives, and he cons her into moving to Missouri.     He's suck a jerk, and a total feeder.    I bet he's going to be a big stumbling block, just like John & Lonnie's mother was. 

I'm so glad she left the boyfriend when he beat her, so many people don't leave.  

It's always a bad sign when they've eaten through a previous weight loss surgery.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Cake pops.  I did know what was.   I do envy the pizza for breakfast though my husband would give me the evil eye at that request!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

So her father was a feeder, and the first husband/boyfriend was a feeder.   I'm so glad Paul (the husband) isn't a feeder, and I hope he'll be supportive. 

I'm doubtful ... the guy seems like a weepy alcoholic. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really hate her father, steals her truck, constant cheating, at least two extra wives, and he cons her into moving to Missouri.     He's suck a jerk, and a total feeder.    I bet he's going to be a big stumbling block, just like John & Lonnie's mother was. 

I'm so glad she left the boyfriend when he beat her, so many people don't leave.  

It's always a bad sign when they've eaten through a previous weight loss surgery.   

Who thinks she will have to write him a letter or have a chat with him

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Well, from the previews he does scream something like, "Eat death, Lindsey!" at her, so maybe his drinking helps him express his inner rage at watching Lindsey eat herself to death.  

I think this is the first Poundticipant from Iowa.     So it will all be new scenery to me.    Who is going on a 15-16 hour car trip, and hasn't packed anything?    (The answer is my mother, right as we were supposed to be packing).   

Note to Lindsey, just because he doesn't hit you it doesn't mean he's not verbally abusive.     He's totally hung over isn't he?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

So she basically admitted that she likes that he's an addict as well. I like to see people in a healthy, stable relationship.

What did she say? I missed it.

Wait, she's bitching about him oversleeping because they should be on the road, and she hasn't even packed anything?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I do envy the pizza for breakfast though my husband would give me the evil eye at that request!

I have been known to eat some cold pizza for breakfast. But gas station quality pizza probably isn't worth us getting too envious for.  Although I am a bit envious of sitting in the recliner and having a husband wait on you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3