Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

The last one--we should have figured that out.

That's exactly what I said, of course it means that.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

https://tvshowsace.com/2022/01/29/1000lb-sisters-chris-combs-shocking-weight-loss-update/

I don't know if this is really a very old picture, or current, but Chris looks a lot smaller.   

Thanks, I looked for some recent photos of him, but couldn't find any. It looks like he's doing well & dropped a lot of weight. Who is the little boy?

I'm sure Tammy is very happy for him. /s

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's episode, after the previews.   Putting Tammy back in rehab is not going to work, especially with the stories about her being abusive to the staff.   

However, I'm sure the Tammy not breathing is recreated since I doubt the camera crew is there all of the time, and just happened to be there this time.      

• Love 2

I see more of the "behind the scenes" shows for the recent episodes on the schedule.
I guess  TLC gets as much as they can out of shows they've already done, with COVID always coming up with a new variant.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t get what Tammy means about carbon monoxide poisoning.  Did she get it from the car ride or inside the rehab?  

Actually, from posts I've read by respiratory therapists it is carbon dioxide poisoning. It has to with not being able to breathe properly. As I understand it, its a build up of carbon dioxide in the blood stream although I may be mistaken.

Edited by lulu69
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Actually, from posts I've read by respiratory therapists it is carbon dioxide poisoning. It has to with not being able to breathe properly. As I understand it, its a build up of carbon dioxide in the blood stream although I may be mistaken

I was confused because the article said "carbon MONoxide" and Tammy referred to it as "carbon DIoxide". I figured it was Tammy who was mixed up, but I looked it up and there is  definitely something called "carbon dioxide toxicity" and these symptoms fit those that she was exhibiting: 

image.png.d90982de39dc47c4e404ab72338ef150.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I bet all of the weight on her chest is contributing to the breathing problems.   I worked with a woman who was shaped a lot like Tammy, and she had all kinds of breathing issues from the weigh pressing on her chest.     

Tammy's vaping and smoking isn't helping either.  Plus, the amount of liquor she's chugging down is depressing her breathing too.    I bet Tammy only goes to the ER, or doctor when she's in very bad shape.   

I'm wondering if she will ever be healthy enough to be a candidate for major surgery, like weight loss surgery?    

My question is if Tammy really stays in the assisted living/rehab, for 8 to 12 months, the way she's claiming she's going to, then the show can't continue with her?        Apparently, the home won't allow filming, and I agree with them.    The only thing the show can do is use Tammy's footage off of her social media, and I don't think that will be enough footage.   I don't think the rest of the family have enough storylines without Tammy included.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Actually, from posts I've read by respiratory therapists it is carbon dioxide poisoning. It has to with not being able to breathe properly. As I understand it, its a build up of carbon dioxide in the blood stream although I may be mistaken.

That does seem to be what happened.  She is not breathing well.  As @CrazyInAlabama points out, her breathing is slowed by drugs and alcohol consumption.  She has the added burden of trying to lift the weight of her body when she breaths, especially when she leans back or lies down.  Because of her size, she often cannot sit fully upright so the weight of her body is pressing against her lungs.  When you cannot breath deeply, carbon dioxide can build up in the bloodstream because it is not being fully expelled in the lungs.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Well she is good at altering her appearance but we all know what she really looks like-not pretty or slender. I am always amazed at how big she really is. Her upper arms are bigger around than my waist (and I am not thin). Hopefully this time in rehab will help her to get a little smaller and maybe save her life. Amy could stand to lose some too-but probably won't because she needs to "eat for two" which is a load of crap. Chris seems to be the only one who is actually meeting his goals. Very glad for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Rebky said:

Wow - that pic of Tammy is another level of filtering! Does she not realize that most people have seen her totally unfiltered on tv every week? Everyone knows she does not look anything like her filtered pic! 

Tammy lives in the fantasy world of reality tv "stars".  I doubt she will make it very long in rehab. She will miss her love life of sexting, BBW chat rooms, You Tube videos, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook. 

• Love 4
On 2/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Because of her size, she often cannot sit fully upright so the weight of her body is pressing against her lungs.

I wonder if she could get a wedged-shape foam piece, that she could recline on in the van?

• Useful 2

Someone on Reddit is saying that Amy did an interview (they did not say what media outlet) where she said Tammy is broke and when she is released this summer, Amy will allow Tammy to stay with her for a while until they can find another place for Tammy. 

If this is true, Amy is stupider than I thought.  (Or maybe this is the only way TLC will agree to another season.)

eta:  Someone in the comments said the interview is with The Sun.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Someone on Reddit is saying that Amy did an interview (they did not say what media outlet) where she said Tammy is broke and when she is released this summer, Amy will allow Tammy to stay with her for a while until they can find another place for Tammy. 

If this is true, Amy is stupider than I thought.  (Or maybe this is the only way TLC will agree to another season.)

I saw this too, & I just can't (well, yes I can) believe she's that stupid. Once Tammy moves in, she's there until she dies. Plus, wasn't she talking about how she couldn't take care of 2 babies & Tammy too? What changed? It really may be a way to keep the show going.

• Love 12

We all knew when Amy let it slip she had an extra bedroom that Big T would be moving in. How can she be broke? All the social media shit she does she should have some money coming in. If this is true, if I were Amy I would be looking for a place NOW before she gets too big with the new baby and definitly before Tammy gets out and the new baby is here. Probably just another way for TLC to keep the viewers and the $$$$ coming in. Personally, I would rather watch the show without Tammy-she is so unpleasant and hateful.

• Love 14

I wonder if the producers bought that house for Amy and Michael, so they could film there for Season 4?    When Amy took Tammy to see the new house, and kept talking about it being a 4 bedroom, and putting in a ramp so Tammy and Darlene (the mother) could get into the house easily, I figured that would be the Season 4 storyline.

There is no way that anyone in that family can be a full-time caretaker for Tammy.   She weight too much to move safely, she has too many health issues, and Amy and the others simply can't do it.   If Tammy ever qualifies for surgery, she will have to go to a rehab type assisted living for quite a while.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

How can she be broke? All the social media shit she does she should have some money coming in.

She probably spent all her money on food delivery & paying for her "friends" liquor.

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if the producers bought that house for Amy and Michael, so they could film there for Season 4?    

That's a good possibility

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if the producers bought that house for Amy and Michael, so they could film there for Season 4?

That's wouldn't surprise most of us but Amy did say that she bought the house with money she made from her YouTube videos. If that's not true it wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

https://www.ibtimes.com/1000-lb-sisters-star-tammy-slaton-lost-home-cant-afford-rent-sister-claims-3394058

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Kid said:

"Tammy's social security pays it, it takes her whole social security check, the show isn't paying," Amy claimed of Tammy's time in the facility. "That's why I hear she doesn't have a place to live because she can't afford the rent.

"That's why I hear" is a very strange way to say this, It sounds like she has no contact with Tammy

"If she needs to be up there for a year, two years, that's fine. She needs the help," Amy said.

So that's the plan, just keep her in rehab for a couple of years.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, GaT said:

"That's why I hear" is a very strange way to say this, It sounds like she has no contact with Tammy

So that's the plan, just keep her in rehab for a couple of years.

I think it's a good plan. 

Unless you've actually done it, caregiving for a family member is exhausting, particularly if that family member is disagreeable about it.    That's probably why Amy was so invested in getting Trish for Tammy even if it was just a couple afternoons a week.  It's tough to be a sister/daughter/husband/wife when you are also responsible for that person's care.  And it's tough to take care of them and your own family much much less yourself.  That's one reason a caregivers health (like diet) is neglected while caregiving.   It's a lot. 

If Tammy really is in a rehab for a good length of time, not only can she get better but Amy can concentrate on other things like her kids and husband and her own weightloss journey.  And she can get back to just being Tammy's sister again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 2/19/2021 at 6:48 PM, lulu69 said:

Tammy may not have known Jerry was married when they first started 'talking' but she most definitely knew before season 2 began filming. I recall seeing various screen grabs of Tammy's social media accts where she responded to trolls. She replied that yes, she knew Jerry is married and no, she doesn't care.

I think Tammy is fully aware when her fetish guys take an interest in her, that they're married. She's so desperate for love, she'll tell herself anything, to have man in her life.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4

The worst problem is except for what Tammy sends out on her phone, or however she's send out the little bit we saw from rehab, there is no way for her to film a show.    The facility would have to clear out areas for her to do that, to preserve the privacy of other patients, and staff.    I bet there won't be any filming of anything but family members talking about Tammy, until she gets out of rehab, and that could be a very long time. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Unless you've actually done it, caregiving for a family member is exhausting, particularly if that family member is disagreeable about it.

I've seen shows about this where the caregiver is so exhausted that they stop caring for themselves. Everyone needs a break and to take time for themselves.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, nokat said:

I've seen shows about this where the caregiver is so exhausted that they stop caring for themselves. Everyone needs a break and to take time for themselves.

Agree!  It can become all consuming before you even realize it.  Tammy's needs are so great they require a full staff to take care of her.   A woman with her own young family and health issues of her own like Amy just can't do it all.    I'm just kind of amazed that they were able to find a place to take her but I'm glad Tammy agreed to go. 

• Love 6

They found a rehab that would take her, but it was in Ohio, and many hours drive away.  A lot of places simply can't handle someone of Tammy's size, and all of her medical issues.  

I'm guessing Tammy burned her bridges with the other siblings she lived with, and other facilities.       

• Love 6
On 2/10/2022 at 10:08 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Amy and Michael need to worry about their children’s environment and let Tammy act like an adult and take responsibility for her own life. There is no way Gage and  his sibling should be exposed to Tammy’s toxic behavior including verbal and emotional abuse on a daily basis in their home. I look at the environment that kid is growing up in and think “that poor baby”. 

• Love 12

Well, of course Amy will "allow" Tammy to stay with her -- TLC needs to fill up air time for the next season of this show and it's better to have the two of these losers under one roof. It creates less work for their already lazy production crew. 

And look, these two grifters are on a top-rated TLC show with their (sorta) names in the title. It's not like they're pulling paychecks of $350 a week for their efforts. Take a look at the Roloffs, the Browns, the Goslings, and the Duggars. None of these TLC-showcase families were living like paupers after a few seasons in on their successful TLC shows. These women are commanding a decent, and likely, highly lucrative, salary for their efforts. There's a vested interest, however, by TLC, to showcase them as some poor, hick rubes because that's "on brand." Even look at June Shannon (if you can stomach it). After Honey Boo Boo was canceled, she high-tailed it out of the shanty seen on the show and into a nice McMansion (that she later trashed) where she could be chauffeured around in massive black SUV. I can't speak to the Duggars or the Browns, but I know that Kate Gosselin, the Duggars, and June all had their own security people, too. This is a long-winded way of saying Tammy can now well afford to live on her own in a much better place than the prop house that TLC installed her in once they started filming her for the show.  

I agree with you.    People are ignoring Amy's past, and her pleas for money before the show started, for all kinds of lies.     Maybe the other siblings are better people, but Amy and Tammy have been playing people for years for money.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/11/2022 at 3:46 PM, chenoa333 said:

That's wouldn't surprise most of us but Amy did say that she bought the house with money she made from her YouTube videos. If that's not true it wouldn't surprise me.

So she’s not giving her husband any credit in their ability to get a mortgage based on his steady reliable job? 
TLC is cheap with the money.  I do it they bought them a house.  Amy is so connected to her sister that she would definitely have her in mind when looking at houses.  

• Love 3

Amy hasn't said how they bought the house.  I would expect the down payment is from earnings from the show and the mortgage is covered by Michael's job. It is an inexpensive home so the mortgage should be reasonable.  The house sold for $37K.  With tax, insurance, and mortgage payment, they are likely paying less than $400 per month. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Amy hasn't said how they bought the house.  I would expect the down payment is from earnings from the show and the mortgage is covered by Michael's job. It is an inexpensive home so the mortgage should be reasonable.  The house sold for $37K.  With tax, insurance, and mortgage payment, they are likely paying less than $400 per month. 

I think that’s likely. The TLC money perhaps covered the renovations and Michael’s salary could easily cover the mortgage (assuming they didn’t pay cash). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/1000-lb-sisters-is-tammy-slaton-filming-season-4/

As of March 10, Amy says no filming for season 4.    I figured since they can't film in the rehab Tammy's in, that they couldn't film without her. 

I hope there is no filming EVER. Tammy posted a video recently (Instagram?/TikTok?/Youtube?) stating that if we want to know how much weight she's lost, we have to wait for season 4.

I don't care about either of these 2 (Amy/Tammy) grifters. Nor do I care about their weight loss. Or their weight gain. 

I am going to be interested in how Amy's 2nd baby turns out so I will come here for updates. Other than that, I'm over these 2.

• Love 5
On 2/16/2022 at 6:04 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Well, of course Amy will "allow" Tammy to stay with her -- TLC needs to fill up air time for the next season of this show and it's better to have the two of these losers under one roof. It creates less work for their already lazy production crew. 

And look, these two grifters are on a top-rated TLC show with their (sorta) names in the title. It's not like they're pulling paychecks of $350 a week for their efforts. Take a look at the Roloffs, the Browns, the Goslings, and the Duggars. None of these TLC-showcase families were living like paupers after a few seasons in on their successful TLC shows. These women are commanding a decent, and likely, highly lucrative, salary for their efforts. There's a vested interest, however, by TLC, to showcase them as some poor, hick rubes because that's "on brand." Even look at June Shannon (if you can stomach it). After Honey Boo Boo was canceled, she high-tailed it out of the shanty seen on the show and into a nice McMansion (that she later trashed) where she could be chauffeured around in massive black SUV. I can't speak to the Duggars or the Browns, but I know that Kate Gosselin, the Duggars, and June all had their own security people, too. This is a long-winded way of saying Tammy can now well afford to live on her own in a much better place than the prop house that TLC installed her in once they started filming her for the show.  

Late to the party but wanted to respond. Without Tammy there is no Amy, Tammy is mainly what keeps people tuning in. I knew the minute she bought her new house Tammy would be moving in. She provides Amy with her income simply by being such a hideous person. I do hope Tammy lost weight in the hospital and would be happy if the show does not go on because Tammy's health is more important But, no one is interested in the Amy show, she needs Tammy and will let her live with her if it keeps the gravy train up. All the "I'm a Mom now" talk is crap. Tammy's antics butter Amy's bread.

I so wish I knew what all the talk is about them being grifters, I cannot find anything online. I assume it means they had Go Fund Me's or something. Lots of people do that, expect strangers to provide. You can give or not, I always feel sorry for the people who believe the stories of people who simply don't want to work or live above their means. It makes it so hard to know when someones request is real, and I resent that greatly. I don't like being hoodwinked but I so want to help people in need. Grifters make it hard to know who is telling the truth and make people like me lose trust.

At this point Amy and Tammy make way more money that most people working a 9-5, they should have plenty saved up. I've got zero sympathy, they hit the jack pot by being the hillbilly Kardashians and capturing the attention of TLC.  Untalented, ugly, and unintelligent yet people are fascinated. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

I so wish I knew what all the talk is about them being grifters, I cannot find anything online.

Here's a short breakdown.

Tammy also had a pair of kittens she mistreated -- this happened not that long ago. There was evidence in a YouTube video that, of course, has since been deleted.

11 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Here's a short breakdown.

Tammy also had a pair of kittens she mistreated -- this happened not that long ago. There was evidence in a YouTube video that, of course, has since been deleted.

Thank you for sharing. I read about the Walmart incident, Amy said she stole a book and was deeply embarrassed. I imagine like most shoplifters it was the first time she was caught, not the first time she did it. Still, it's not the worst crime in the world.

The allegations of animal abuse are horrible, and I believe them. People that can hardly care for themselves should not own animals. An educated person knows not to leave an animal in a hot car or home. Amy is a dolt. A German Shepard requires exercise, who was going to take the poor thing for long walks every day?  I'm also not shocked at the Go Fund Me, just another way for the lazy to get money without working.

I hate that I watch this show but it's like turning away from a train wreck. I keep hoping they will change. I so wish Tammy would use all the advantages she has been given and stop being such a miserable human being, or if she doesn't then the family should accept her decision and let her go. I also wish Amy would break the cycle and raise her children to want more, health, education, grammar, hygiene, etiquette... I dream.

Edited by CapeCodLuv
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, CapeCodLuv said:

Walmart incident, Amy said she stole a book

I thought she was legally blind? Not sure if that stops someone from reading but I just can't picture Amy being interested in reading. 

And let's not forget that there was another dog that Amy owned along with Lil Bit. Someone posted about it on this thread but nobody knows what happened to that poor dog. 

I hope Amy and Tammy never come back to reality TV. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I thought she was legally blind? Not sure if that stops someone from reading but I just can't picture Amy being interested in reading. 

And let's not forget that there was another dog that Amy owned along with Lil Bit. Someone posted about it on this thread but nobody knows what happened to that poor dog. 

I hope Amy and Tammy never come back to reality TV. 

Great point, maybe t was a picture book? I wouldn't be upset if the show went off the air, but I have to admit I would like an update on the family once and a while. I'm sure they would provide on youtube. I am hoping for the best for the family, especially the brother who seems to really be trying.

• Love 2