Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

On 6/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, chenoa333 said:

"TAMMY'S NIGHTMARE 

1000-lb Sisters star Tammy Slaton’s home ROBBED while she’s in rehab by thieves who ‘kicked in door & stole furniture’"

What a crock of b.s. Who would want Tammy's used furniture that she's farted on, spilled food and booze on, maybe did sex acts on. The list is endless. People can find cleaner used furniture at a landfill. 

We've all seen glimpses of Tammy's furniture in many episodes and it sure as hell isn't worth stealing. 

But trying to keep yourself in the reality tv limelight is definitely worth staging a "home robbery".

OK, so I'm a tiny bit late seeing this but dear God this made me HOWL!!!  Soooo funny!!!

• LOL 3

The articles I found claim she was going to in June, postponed to the last week of July, and then postponed again.    However, that article claimed she would be taken from her Ohio rehab, to Atlanta for surgery (I've heard that before), and Dr. Smith from Kentucky would do the surgery (doesn't work that way, I think Atlanta would mean Dr. Proctor, Kentucky would mean Dr. Smith since his practice is there).    So, accuracy of these tabloid articles is definitely in question.     

However, I think if she had surgery, there would have been a lot of information from Amy, and everyone else saying that.   Anything to get more viewer interest. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I'm not too ashamed to admit I'm ALL IN on the next season 🤣🤣.  This past weekend TLC aired the last 4 or so episodes of last season, so looks like they're trying to build some interest. Maybe they're waiting to see if Tammy ever gets surgery, but geez that could be season 13.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Maybe they're waiting to see if Tammy ever gets surgery, but geez that could be season 13.  

The way Amy "ate for two" so that she could "enjoy her pregnancy" twice, & then had the "occasional" cheat day, I'm sure she'll be lining up to get another surgery.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, GaT said:

The way Amy "ate for two" so that she could "enjoy her pregnancy" twice, & then had the "occasional" cheat day, I'm sure she'll be lining up to get another surgery.

Does anyone know if Amy followed through with getting her tubes tied after this last kid?

I think Tubal ligation is reversible so Amy might do it then get another weight loss surgery, then do a reversal so she can try for a baby girl. She is always chasing a free paycheck. And she is so predictable. Predictable = boring.

• Love 3
On 8/29/2022 at 2:59 AM, GaT said:

There was a woman on 1,000 Best Friends, Ashley, who was pursing a second surgery.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

There was a woman on 1,000 Best Friends, Ashley, who was pursing a second surgery.

Erica from California on My 600 Lb Life, had three.  A stomach stapling in her teens, later a gastric sleeve, and later a gastric bypass by Dr. Now on follow up episodes.    It does happen.   Also, there were a few others that were on their second surgery on there.   

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2022 at 2:27 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Erica from California on My 600 Lb Life, had three.  A stomach stapling in her teens, later a gastric sleeve, and later a gastric bypass by Dr. Now on follow up episodes.    It does happen.   Also, there were a few others that were on their second surgery on there.   

I don't follow those shows. Did those women have babies in between their series of  weight loss surgeries? 

I have an acquaintance who has been through 2 weight loss surgeries. The first one he got a bad infection and ended up gaining back the weight. He had a second surgery and gained back some of the weight. He likes fast food and buys 2 or 3 burgers at once. He says he eats them throughout the day, not all at once. Maybe he believes that there are less calories if he eats 3 cheeseburgers over 12 hours 😂

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't follow those shows. Did those women have babies in between their series of  weight loss surgeries? 

I have an acquaintance who has been through 2 weight loss surgeries. The first one he got a bad infection and ended up gaining back the weight. He had a second surgery and gained back some of the weight. He likes fast food and buys 2 or 3 burgers at once. He says he eats them throughout the day, not all at once. Maybe he believes that there are less calories if he eats 3 cheeseburgers over 12 hours 😂

Ashley hasn’t had a baby. I don’t know about Erica. 

• Useful 1
On 9/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, chenoa333 said:

No, Erica didn't have kids.     

However, I think Amy would regain the weight even without her 'eating for two' pregnancies.        I think about 80% or more gain back a lot of the weight within five years. 

Also, the Erica gastric bypass was a last ditch effort by Dr. Now to help her, but I think she was regaining after that when she went back to her home town.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's really no other surgery you can do after having a gastric bypass, so since Amy had that already I don't think there's another surgery in her future.  Erica had several not as invasive surgeries first.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

There's really no other surgery you can do after having a gastric bypass, so since Amy had that already I don't think there's another surgery in her future.  Erica had several not as invasive surgeries first.  

I bought Amy had gastric sleeve so gastric bypass is still on the table for her. Not that that is a good thing…

• Love 3

The following is a quote from a website distractify.com. I have no idea if they are a reliable info resource:

"According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, there are three primary types of bariatric surgery: gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and adjustable gastric band. The fourth type, biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, is much less common.

Amy underwent gastric bypass surgery. Just one week after this major surgery, she went off her diet. Dr. Procter was less than pleased."

• Love 7
On 8/29/2022 at 2:59 AM, GaT said:

There are pictures on Instagram today on the Television TFL channel of Amy and the kids at a pumpkin patch. She has gained a considerable amount of weight and I highly doubt that she will try to get it off because her objective has been achieved. She had kids.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
On 9/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

However, I think Amy would regain the weight even without her 'eating for two' pregnancies.        I think about 80% or more gain back a lot of the weight within five years. 

The beginning info frames of Dr. Now's show say that only 5% of WLS patients keep the weight off.  From what we've seen on this show and with other women on TV who've lost a lot of weight, it looks like losing weight is actually easier than keeping it off.  Not that losing weight is easy.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Amy stepping back, that means to me that she's putting on even more weight, so doesn't want to be filmed.   Or I can think of an even worse reason for her not to want to be on film, did she really get her tubes tied?   

I'm going to place my bet on both of the above. She's gained a lot of weight and is still "intact" so she can have a daughter.

Simpletons are simple to figure out. I hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 3

Variety said the show is coming back January 17. 

Tammy makes “a life-altering decision” after surviving a near-death experience. Amy, expecting her second baby, isn’t sure how being an overweight mother will work, while Chris is desperate to qualify for skin removal surgery.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tlc-renews-say-yes-to-the-dress-1000-lb-life-1235431717/?fbclid=IwAR0astHJzX-aer_4_vTjbaialp_SrceMw1r2LMwMEpRkn1I8OBR-VesaUic

• Useful 2

Please tell me that when Tammy announces her inevitable engagement, she gets engaged, and then breaks up quite often,  that she won't be on Say Yes to the Dress, in person or remotely.     If that happens, then I bet Amy will decide to have a vow renewal, with another dress too.   

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4

I don't think we're going to see a lot of Amy. From photos I've seen, it looks like she's gained most of the weight back. If Tammy actually did lose weight, then all the times that Amy said something about her losing weight & Tammy not is going to come back to haunt her. She doesn't want people to see how fat she's gotten again, so she's limiting her appearances. Maybe if she didn't "eat for two" during both her pregnancies, not to mention all her "cheat days" that she only "occasionally" had, she wouldn't be in this position again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Nice pictures. Caleb is cute and Tammy seems to almost have a jaw line.

I'm old and cranky: Tammy, it's either Mrs. Caleb Willingham or Tammy Willingham.

And trendsetter Amy was "wearing an orange dress with purple hair." I prefer my orange dresses to have blue hair, but to each her own.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

How are two people with trachs going to survive outside of the rehab center?  My guess is the move back to Kentucky is for filming.   However, I can't imagine the couple living on their own, and I think Tammy burned her bridges at all of the local rehab/assisted living centers in Kentucky with her awful behavior.  So, my guess is the producers will have to finance some kind of living arrangement and care for Tammy and her love muffin.   

Sadly, I think Amy gained everything back, or else she's expecting again, or both. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 11:28 PM, GaT said:

Holy shit, Tammy's wedding registry on The Knot

0j5k89zx4h1a1.jpg?width=354&auto=webp&s=

Good lord....there isn't enough brain bleach in the entire world 😱

My only question is who gets first crack (pun intended) w/the butt plugs

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2022 at 1:55 PM, auntjess said:

Just saw this.
1000-Lb. Sisters' Tammy Slaton Weds Caleb Willingham at Ohio Rehab Center: 'I'm Married' (msn.com)

Not so much a wedding as a convenient storyline.

5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Not so much a wedding as a convenient storyline.

Yes. They are definitely trying to keep this boring show afloat. I won't be watching but will be here on the forums to enjoy the snark.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Yeah, it seems to be too much a celebration of destruction and downward spiraling.  Neither sister seems to care much about their heath.  I’m not sure I’ll find it amusing.  When you throw kids into the mix, it’s just too sad.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3

A Youtube "short" just popped up on my Youtube and it has Tammy saying she's been in the hospital nearly three weeks with Covid and pneumonia.  It doesn't have a date on it, so it may not be current.

eta:  Never mind.  I don't see any discussion of it on Reddit, so it's apparently an old video.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1

Why is her nose shaped differently? I'm not talking about weight lose different, I'm talking about shape different. It's now pointy at the tip. Either she's had a nose job, or she's got a filter on her video.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think it's probably a filter.

There's a filter that makes you look like a Who from the Grinch.  The song she lipsynced is from the Grinch movie.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

That's definitely a heavy filtering on Tammy, when even I realize it, you know it is very obvious.    Also, her face is much smaller, and she looks like she's 12, but her glasses are the same but so much bigger on her face. 

I don't think the 1/14 date is possible, they always ran this on Tuesdays before, so maybe the 17th?    

Both sisters have filtered pictures before, so I think it's just their usual posting habit.  Tammy also looks a ton younger too in the photo I saw.   The marriage may be legal, but still bizarre.   Both of the couple are virtually helpless, so they'll need live in caretakers, lots of medical support, and a place to live.  Still on oxygen, I think both have trachs, and so many medical issues.   Amy and Tammy ignore what the medical experts tell them, and act like they can do this forever without bad consequences.   One of these days one of the sisters will take one too many changes, and the result will be tragic. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

And her eyes that used to be little slits, are normal with thick eyeliner on them.

Also, why is she still on oxygen if she's lost so much weight? When is the (fake) wedding happening? Why are these 2 drifters still on TLC? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And her eyes that used to be little slits, are normal with thick eyeliner on them.

Also, why is she still on oxygen if she's lost so much weight? When is the (fake) wedding happening? Why are these 2 drifters still on TLC? 

I don’t think the wedding is fake. I’m 99% sure they actually got married. 

• Like 5

Tammy looks smaller than when she first started the show, but Amy looks like she's gained everything back.    That's so sad, I guess Amy doesn't think the odds will catch up to her, and hurt her health even more.   I really hoped Amy would get healthy.    

• Like 3
  • Love 1