Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

Tammy is quite skilled at using filters for her pics. And I wonder who she will marry next? Got to keep those storylines going. 

LOL I was marveling at the filters too.  I've heard that on TikTok it's as easy as a click. 

I heard a rumour that the last season & upcoming one were filmed one right after the other, so looks like regardless of the time they air the next season, it will likely feature Tammy setting up her new home, her weight loss, and of course Amy's marital woes.  If it's a real life storyline there has to be some discretion for legal reasons. For the kids' sake I hope it's manufactured show drama.  Like Tammy's wedding......

• Like 6
(edited)

There are a couple of current photos on Reddit of Amy and Tammy at some show (podcast?) called Chelcie Lynn's.  Tammy has really lost a lot of weight (she may be the size of Amy or even smaller) and is standing without a walker or oxygen tube.  And she has orange hair.  Per our earlier conversation, she really looks short.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

There are a couple of current photos on Reddit of Amy and Tammy at some show (podcast?) called Chelcie Lynn's.  Tammy has really lost a lot of weight (she may be the size of Amy or even smaller) and is standing without a walker or oxygen tube.  And she has orange hair.  Per our earlier conversation, she really looks short.

I had for some reason thought Tammy was taller than Amy, maybe because of old family photos we saw. I was shocked to see her standing and how short she actually is. 

It's good to see that she is doing well after those close calls and now taking the weight loss seriously. 

• Like 6

People on Reddit are speculating that because of her immobility all those years, her upper back may be humped, and also she seems to be bow-legged.  That might account for her looking so short.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

People on Reddit are speculating that because of her immobility all those years, her upper back may be humped, and also she seems to be bow-legged.  That might account for her looking so short.

Yes, carrying all of that weight could very well damage her spine and tendons, and her bone density could have suffered from her bad diet.

• Like 6

Thanks for that article.  Yes, those are the photos I saw on Reddit. 

Today, someone on Reddit said she saw Tammy, Chris, & Brittany in Knoxville.  She posted a photo of them from the back, and Chris was pushing Tammy in the wheelchair.  So Tammy can apparently stand on her own but may not be able to walk more than a very short distance, if at all.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Thanks for that article.  Yes, those are the photos I saw on Reddit. 

Today, someone on Reddit said she saw Tammy, Chris, & Brittany in Knoxville.  She posted a photo of them from the back, and Chris was pushing Tammy in the wheelchair.  So Tammy can apparently stand on her own but may not be able to walk more than a very short distance, if at all.

I still don't understand why she is so reluctant to use a motorized wheelchair. 🤔 It would be so much easier on everyone and give her more autonomy and freedom, so to speak.

• Like 9
21 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I still don't understand why she is so reluctant to use a motorized wheelchair. 🤔 It would be so much easier on everyone and give her more autonomy and freedom, so to speak.

Agree 100%, but this is Tammy, the world revolves around her, so she needs someone to push her around. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

Wow, she's 36 in that picture. It's no surprise that abusing her body has made her look so old, but it's so hard to see how she looks worse than my grandmother did in her 80s. BRB, gonna go drink some water and eat some veggies and apply moisturizer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)
On 5/3/2023 at 8:33 AM, HoneyBeach said:

Bolding is mine. I think that is the key phrase, that it would be easier for others, and Tammy doesn't care. Remember the episode where they were trying to get her to use the motorized wheelchair, and she had a tantrum? She says something like, is this to make it easier for me, or for YOU? Like how dare they want a break from pushing her around. She's the queen, y'all.

Edit to add: Tammy's preferred mode of transportation. You know she would if she could.

sedan_royal.jpg

Edited by nokat
  • Like 6
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, nokat said:

Bolding is mine. I think that is the key phrase, that it would be easier for others, and Tammy doesn't care. Remember the episode where they were trying to get her to use the motorized wheelchair, and she had a tantrum? She says something like, is this to make it easier for me, or for YOU? Like how dare they want a break from pushing her around. She's the queen, y'all.

Edit to add: Tammy's preferred mode of transportation. You know she would if she could.

sedan_royal.jpg

OMG, yes I remember this and I was baffled then! Her questioning whether it was "better for her or THEM" really pissed me off! For THEM! Nobody owes you back-breaking (poor Michael and Chris) rides! 

And then she tried it in the parking lot and was having a ball! She's her own worst enemy.

• Like 7
(edited)

According to Reddit, regarding the divorce, the show was filming at the courthouse as Amy left the building.  She, along with Amanda and Chris, then did some filming outside. Michael avoided the cameras.

eta: Someone on Reddit says that Michael confirmed on Facebook that they are divorced and they have joint custody.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

There's a very dark video (the lighting was artistic, and dark) of Amy and Tammy walking onto a stage.   Tammy's walking looked so painful.  Chelcie Lynn's (aka Trailer Trash Tammy) show I guess.    Tammy may not be walking fast, but it looks like a good distance for someone who wasn't able to get around at all. 

So, if Tammy gets divorced, then it will be three divorces this season, Amanda, Amy and Tammy.    I believe Amanda's and Tammy's, but still not convinced Amy and Michael will stay apart.     I still think it could be a storyline, but I'm very suspicious of 'reality' tv.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Geez what a coincidence..... Amanda divorces a Halterman & then Amy son divorces his brother!   Amanda holds a lot of sway in the family hierarchy.  Just sayin'.  But it's ok because I  guess Amy got what she wanted out of Michael - two children.  

• Like 7
  • Fire 1

If what the Reddit person said is true about Michael confirming on Facebook that they're divorced, that pretty much indicates that he won't be on the show next season.  If he was still on the show, he'd be under an NDA and wouldn't publicly say anything about future episodes.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

What I found on FB, where Michale posts very little, was this

Screenshot2023-05-06at14-40-37(6)MichaelHalterman-SearchResultsFacebook.thumb.png.2b54d43ce96ba119620d472c63d73ea5.png

which was actually posted, not by Michael, but by a clickbaity site where I found an article with the headline Michael Halterman Breaks His Silence On Messy Split from Amy Slaton and Abuse Claims. The only new information in the article was this

Screenshot2023-05-06at14-58-15MichaelHaltermanBreaksHisSilenceOnMessySplitfromAmySlatonandAbuseClaims.png.fc415eb18ec80cf73231ba2a471bc6fe.png

Everything else was a rehash of what's already been reported.

If the breakup is a stunt for the show and they do get back together, I hope the violence issue was a ploy, also. It looks like Michael has had some prior incidents. If there's been a pattern with Amy, then she has to cut bait. It's also possible the incident wasn't reported accurately. Maybe we'll learn details about the yelling and throwing things when the show comes back.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 5/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, HoneyBeach said:

I wonder if she's tried one and her weight was too much for it.  That would be embarrassing for her, if it stalled.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They make very powerful scooters, so I'm guessing there are higher capacity wheel chairs too.    Pauline and a few others had wider, and stronger wheel chairs on My 600 lb Life, so they are available. 

Yes! What did Dr. Now call it? Either a monster or a beast. Ha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's great that she's so mobile now, and making so much progress. 

However, she needs a lot taken off the bottom hem of those pants, it's a trip hazard, and she doesn't need to fall. 

There are also mobility scooters that aren't as wide as the motorized wheelchairs, and have very powerful engines compared to most mobility scooters. 

A moblity scooter might be easier to transport, and work just as well as a motorized wheelchair. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 5/2/2023 at 5:41 PM, MsVixen said:

I had read somewhere that Tammy was 5' 9" tall.  That might have been a misprint because I'm sure I read that in a tabloid magazine.

Amanda is 5'9, maybe they had the sisters misnamed. 

• Like 7
58 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Weight loss surgery can dramatically thin hair.  She has lost a lot.  It can be a result of malabsorption of nutrients. 

That would be a serious problem if I ever had to get weight loss surgery.  Now, I'm talking about being in a weight range of 300 - 400 pounds.  If I were 600 pounds AND had tried everything else, I'm sure that I would get the surgery.

BUT, I would be upset about the hair loss.....

One other thing, has Tammy gotten her teeth fixed?  

• Like 6
(edited)

Yes, for gastric sleeve (like Amy had) you have to follow the diet with protein first, but even if Tammy only had gastric sleeve, she still needs to eat the food groups in the amounts, and in the order she was told by the doctors.   I don't see either sister following the rules.    Look at how Amy ended up at the ER with both pregnancies, overeating Chinese food with the first baby, and pizza with the second baby.    

If you don't follow the order of food groups and take supplements as prescribed, you can be malnourished. 

As hunched over and painful as Tammy's walking looks, I suspect there are joint replacement surgeries in her future, but only if she gets down to her target weight.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7
(edited)

I don't remember if this was mentioned, but in a video I recently saw of Tammy and Amy in a store parking lot, where Amy is loading the groceries into the car and Tammy is sitting on the store's motorized cart, it looks like Tammy is vaping.  With all she's been through and now losing weight, it's incredible that she's still vaping.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
(edited)
On 5/19/2023 at 11:03 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Fans are scolding Tammy for drinking a "sodie."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsY-yYBLGVY/

I agree with the fans.  Drinking high calorie items like 'sodie' or milk shakes all day long can add thousands of calories, and sabotage weight loss, and eating through her surgery.    Also, Tammy is diabetic isn't she?  So, sodie and booze can be lethal for her. 

Even a diet soda will take the place of what nutrition she's supposed to be having, protein first, all of the supplements she needs to keep her body working well, and who knows what she's eating and drinking when there isn't a planned photo op.  I'm sure that her shopping trip was set up with the tabloids first. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

It looks like a diet soda.  I saw a lot of comments about the carbonation (bubbling) being bad for her stomach, so I googled it.  Answers vary but most say you shouldn't have carbonated drinks in the two- to three-month period after bariatric surgery.  So a diet soda may be OK for Tammy every once in a while since it's been a few months since her surgery, but if it's a daily habit, she's filling up her stomach with air instead of nutrients.

• Like 7

I never gave Tammy the credit that she would ever get to this point. I hope she keeps going. It won't cure her personality disorder, but even my cold and shriveled heart likes to see a person save her own life.

• Like 10
(edited)

Article:

'1000-Lb. Sisters'’ Tammy Slaton Gets Candid About Weight Loss Progress: 'Thankful to Be Alive' (Exclusive)

https://people.com/tammy-slaton-candid-weight-loss-exclusive-7509316

“I wised up and got my surgery," she tells PEOPLE. "I was able to make my lungs strong enough to get my trach [tracheostomy tube for breathing] out, and then recently the doctor cleared me to be off my oxygen machine during the daytime.

“Now I only wear my oxygen at night, along with my BiPap machine," she notes. "I monitor my oxygen levels throughout the day and keep my machine on hand in case I need it.” 

Slaton adds: "I’m feeling great! I’m thankful to be alive, and it’s fun to be progressing as much as I am.”

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4

I never thought I would live to see the day that Tammy would actually make any progress toward a healthier lifestyle, but I thank her for proving me wrong.  I wonder if she saw the gates of Hell when she was in a coma and that set her straight. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 6/8/2023 at 7:09 AM, suzeecat said:

I wonder if she saw the gates of Hell when she was in a coma and that set her straight. 

I think she saw the gates of TLC's big paycheck closing up because she became boring. And people wanted her to succeed. She didn't care so why should we? 

She might be worth watching as long as she makes progress. Amy is a whole other story. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Amy is a whole other story. 

If Tammy keeps losing weight, she'll get down to Amy's size and I have a feeling Amy's not going to be thrilled about that.  I think Amy always felt a little superior to Tammy because she was half Tammy's size.  OTOH, it might spur Amy to get back on her diet.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1