Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

This article is from In Touch, and doesn't say when he quit, was laid off, or fired or whatever happened. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/michael-halterman-job-what-he-does-for-a-living-work/

I'm wondering if someone (not an attorney) told Michael that he could live off of Amy, and not working would mean he's entitled to a lot more of the assets because he's unemployed?  I've known many people over the years who quit well paying jobs, and if they had a job it was low paying, so they didn't have to pay child support.   Personally, I find the entire history of Amy and Michael's relationship to be appalling.    

I'm guessing this week's lawyer visit for Amy will be interesting, and any discussion about it should be enlightening.   

Another In Touch article, apparently the filing was Michael's, and the requests seem to be all from his side.   He's also the one who filled out the paperwork for the court about income and assets. I'm sure his attorney prepared everything.   

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/1000-lb-sisters-amy-michael-divorce-orders-custody-more/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 8/31/2023 at 9:22 PM, Jst2Wld said:

I sense baby three is coming real soon. 

Please no more baby daddys....but you know it's coming.   She'll say she was on the pill but somehow she got preg!  🙄🙄

• Mind Blown 2

I only have one question and it's a snarky one:  At the beginning of the show there's a picture of Amy & Tammy sitting down on some stairs.  Tammy looks pretty good!

How in the world did she get into that position?  She's still using the wheelchair whenever we see her for the most part.  Just a thought.

• Like 1
(edited)

I think Tammy is a lot more mobile, and probably still needs help getting back up, but can move around a lot easier.   She does get in an out of the minivans pretty well.   I just wonder how her health issues are doing since she lost so much weight.     I want to see a real weigh in for Amy, she's not doing well at all. 

I suspect Amy thinks she'll get everything after a divorce, but part of today's divorce is going to shock her with the divison of property, debts, housing, child visitation, and everything else. 

I swear I read that Tammy bought a house, but the price was under $100k.   I don't see how even a tiny house in their city is that cheap.     

So, after the previous tiny dog died, Amy seems to have another one, and I read she has a Saint Bernard puppy too.   She can't cope with two little kids, and has two dogs too?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't have confirmation on this, but I saw someone say on Reddit that Amanda said on Tik Tok that Tammy is no longer living in Amanda's house.  Amanda said that she didn't kick Tammy out, that Tammy kicked herself out.  The Reddit person mentioned that Amanda violated her NDA by posting this.   

Someone else posted that Tammy is living with Chris.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm sure Amy will already have another boyfriend lined up, Amy and Tammy seem to have an endless number of guys that want to be in relationships with them.  I just hope Amy thinks about letting these strangers around her kids. 

I want to commend whoever writes the episode titles, they're full of puns, and really fit the episodes.   

• Like 4
(edited)

There are times on the show when Tammy or Amy say something that isn't their usual script.   I wonder if we're being played, and they're just acting for the most part?       I don't think they're as unsophisticated as they claim to be.   Tammy seems a lot smarter than their public persona, and I'm suspicious about a lot of Amy's claims to be so naive too. 

When Tammy was at the rehab talking to Caleb, she sounded so sensible, and without the nasty language, and outrageous statements.   

I think the sisters are just playing a role, and know exactly how to keep the show going, and aren't the unsophisticated people they play on the show.       

Someone needs to figure out why I not only watch the new epsiodes but watch the multiple mini-marthons of reruns.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are times on the show when Tammy or Amy say something that isn't their usual script.   I wonder if we're being played, and they're just acting for the most part?       

It's definitely producer prompted/scripted. I notice it on a lot of the Bravo shows too. No way all of thes dorks are so quick witted. 

• Like 5
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are times on the show when Tammy or Amy say something that isn't their usual script.   I wonder if we're being played, and they're just acting for the most part?       I don't think they're as unsophisticated as they claim to be.   Tammy seems a lot smarter than their public persona, and I'm suspicious about a lot of Amy's claims to be so naive too. 

One thing I wish they'd get away from is the saying something funny and then laughing at their own witty selves.  Amy is really annoying the F out of me.  Chris does it too but not as bad as Amy

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, ForumLou said:

One thing I wish they'd get away from is the saying something funny and then laughing at their own witty selves.  Amy is really annoying the F out of me.  Chris does it too but not as bad as Amy

Yes, Chris definitely annoys me as much as Amy when he laughs at himself.

• Like 6
On 1/19/2024 at 6:54 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tammy seems a lot smarter than their public persona, and I'm suspicious about a lot of Amy's claims to be so naive too.

I agree. I think it was Darlene who talked about how well Tammy did in school. Since the Mother's Day tea, I've thought Amy was smarter than she lets on. At the tea party, she let slip some words and concepts that weren't consistent with her dim bulb persona.

I'm also not buying the constant repetition of We Are Fam-i-ly. I doubt they went on family vacations or engaged in activities other than an occasional meal prior to the show. I'm guessing Amanda and Misty have never been as involved with Tammy and Amy as the show now portrays. In the first season, we saw Chris interact with them, but Amanda and Misty made just some cameo appearances. I suspect what we're seeing now is not love of family but love of Bravo checks. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

1000-Lb. Sisters’ Tammy Slaton shows off collarbone in rare full-body pic as fans left stunned by her weight loss

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/10162258/tammy-slaton-shows-collarbone-full-body-pic-weight-loss/

"Tammy weighs only 30 pounds more than Amy right now," another insider revealed to The Sun.

The article says Tammy now weighs 334.  I hope she's able to eventually get skin surgery.  Just removing that extra skin will be another 30+ lbs. taken off.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2024 at 1:17 PM, Passing Strange said:

I agree. I think it was Darlene who talked about how well Tammy did in school. Since the Mother's Day tea, I've thought Amy was smarter than she lets on. At the tea party, she let slip some words and concepts that weren't consistent with her dim bulb persona.

I'm also not buying the constant repetition of We Are Fam-i-ly. I doubt they went on family vacations or engaged in activities other than an occasional meal prior to the show. I'm guessing Amanda and Misty have never been as involved with Tammy and Amy as the show now portrays. In the first season, we saw Chris interact with them, but Amanda and Misty made just some cameo appearances. I suspect what we're seeing now is not love of family but love of Bravo checks. 

Tammy had lived with everyone one of her siblings before Amy, but had been put out due to her petulance and not following house rules. I do believe they were involved in each other’s lives, but Tammy was a LOT to deal with, and yes the TLC pay check made these outings happen. Also all the other siblings have been raising kids of their own up until recently (Amanda’s kids are the youngest and are teens now). They had said the first vacation they ever went on all together was Gatlinburg (spelling) in Season 3. 

However now that Tammy is taking care of herself and losing weight, her personal relationships seem to be improving. She’s much more even tempered and pleasant to be around. 

• Like 4

I read an article that said Tammy bought her own home.    Also, the Disneyworld photos are amazing of Tammy.   Tammy was standing with Chris, Brittany, Amy, Misty, Amanda, and Tammy looked like the smallest one.    I'm so proud of her.    

It may sound silly to say I'm proud of someone I've never met, and never will, but I'm still amazed at how far she's come from being immobile, and having regular health crises.   

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Also, the Disneyworld photos are amazing of Tammy.

I just saw a photo of them with Daisy Duck on Reddit.  Wow, Tammy looks great.  She looks so happy to be there.  I'll bet 350 lbs ago she couldn't even conceive of ever being at Disneyworld.

• Like 7
On 1/2/2024 at 9:55 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Someone posted on Reddit that Amy posted on Youtube that she's broken up with her boyfriend.

Quoting myself to say that Amy has another boyfriend.  According to Reddit, he's started a Tik Tok account, with (surprise!) mostly Amy content. 

That's two boyfriends (that we know about) since she and Michael split.  

Amy says she's overwhelmed taking care of her two kids, but she apparently has time for guys.  She should be spending time working on being a good mother instead of relationships.     

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Just after I posted the above, I saw this article:

https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10310477/1000-lb-sisters-amy-slaton-boyfriend-tony-rodgers-kevin/

Although Amy claimed to be taking it slowly, she posted a selfie on her TikTok bragging about their "awesome" first date.

On Monday, February 5, Amy posted a photo of herself beside her mystery man.

"Thank you for an awesome first date! Can't wait to do it again soon," she said at the time.

The same day, Amy posted yet another TikTok selfie video wearing a blue button up shirt.

Amy captioned the post, "Thank you for letting me wear your shirt," and tagged Kevin.

• LOL 1

One of Kevin's Tik Toks was posted on Reddit.  It was a lot of strange rambling about how he can smoke in his house and claiming that he's getting threats from Amy's fans.  It's weird and creepy. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Looks like she doesn't hesitate to let these sketchy new boyfriends get close to her toddlers.  I guess anything to have help with them!

Is she still living with Tammy?

• Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

"Per the insider, Amy is really focused on the kids and gets "pretty defensive" when she's in "mama bear" mode."

^^^^^ BULLSHIT. She's only interested in being "pretty defensive" of herself. 

If she was EVER in "mama bear mode" her parenting would be very different. It would be ALL about her sons and not this stupid reality show. Amy clearly pisses me off!  Lol

ETA: Re:that pic of her new BF holding Amy's sons, those boys look a lot younger than they should be at this point in time. Or maybe I'm wrong. 

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Article on Tammy:

https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10330931/1000-lb-sisters-tammy-slaton-dating-girlfriend-andrea/

The girl Tammy's dating will not be on the show and avoids the spotlight.  I hope that's true.

Also, Tammy want to go into modeling:

A source said Tammy has her eyes set on modeling and growing her public image beyond the reality show.

Because of recent executive changeovers at TLC, her contract was renewed and she was able to negotiate more freedom with her brand deals and who she works with.

The insider claimed Tammy is talking with a few agencies.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, Jst2Wld said:

I don't know what "executive changes" mean but I hope it means less of Amy.

You know, there was a time, back in the day, when violence of any kind was not tolerated.  From a pinch to an outright punch, no way.  Amy should have been byebye the moment she bit Amanda

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

You know, there was a time, back in the day, when violence of any kind was not tolerated.  From a pinch to an outright punch, no way.  Amy should have been byebye the moment she bit Amanda

I haven't seen that episode. Is it from the most current? She bit her sister? That's a new all time low. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Fight happened in Boiling Point, the beach trip episode.  

Amy clearly shoved and hit Amanda, and shoved others when they told her no one was going to drive her home on a 10 hour trip with the boys when everyone was tired.  

From what I read, Amy not only demanded Justin (Amanda's son) drive her home that evening, but then demanded that she would call Michael to come get her and the boys.   Then, according to Amanda, (on another site) says Amy claimed she would drive herself home.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1

I just saw a video on Reddit (from Tik Tok, I think) of a highly-filtered Amy guzzling wine and making googly eyes and kissy lips at her new boyfriend.  And it doesn't look like that was her first glass of wine.  Cringe-worthy to the max.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
On 2/11/2024 at 10:31 PM, Gemma Violet said:

The girl Tammy's dating will not be on the show and avoids the spotlight.  I hope that's true.

I'm going with NOT true. I wish Tammy would stop finding someone else everytime the last relationship ends. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I just saw a video on Reddit (from Tik Tok, I think) of a highly-filtered Amy guzzling wine and making googly eyes and kissy lips at her new boyfriend.  And it doesn't look like that was her first glass of wine.  Cringe-worthy to the max.  

Why isn't she at home with her kids? Or maybe her awful (jk) ex has them. These boys are going to have a shitload to deal with when they start school. Kids making fun of them after seeing Amy's stupid videos. Farting, burping, eating unhealthy food. Filthy home. Numerous boyfriends. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I read on Reddit that Amanda has said on Tik Tok that she is moving to central Florida to be with her boyfriend.  I guess she'll be on the upcoming season since it's probably already been filmed, but after that, probably not.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Someone on Reddit posted a Tik Tok video of Amy's boyfriend where he's ranting about various things and is angry at Tammy, angry at Amanda, angry at Chris, etc.  

In addition to that, Amy posted a statement on social media to the fans:

If you can't talk to me, don't talk about me.  My life isn't yours to discuss.  I'm positive you have your own skeletons you should be worried about.

If you don't want people discussing your personal life, don't put it out there.  No one would have known she has a boyfriend if she wouldn't be talking about it on social media.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9

It looks like Amy and boyfriend #2 have split up.  According to Reddit, he said on social media that he dumped her, and Amy posted on Amanda's Tik Tok that she is single and looking.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Amy posted on Amanda's Tik Tok that she is single and looking.   

I'll bet there's a line of men outside just waiting to get a date with the purple haired, single mother of two toddler boys. She likes to fart and burp for fun.😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

If I were Amy, my priorities would be learning to be a good mother to my two kids, improving my mental health, continuing to lose weight, learning to keep my home clean, etc. and not looking for a man on the internet.

• Like 8
On 3/11/2024 at 9:35 AM, Gemma Violet said:

If I were Amy, my priorities would be learning to be a good mother to my two kids, improving my mental health, continuing to lose weight, learning to keep my home clean, etc. and not looking for a man on the internet.

Luckily, you're NOT (Amy)! However, this is the world we live in now: You Tube vloggers, SM influencers, Podcasters, lazy people looking to make money while sitting on their a$$ at home.

The tables have turned for Amy. Now it's Tammy most people are cheering for. 

• Like 5