Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Carter in the Media

So there's a couple behind the scenes episodes on Hulu: 

One

Two

CAst explains some of their characters thoughts/motivations.

Also I had no idea all the "they relate" casting they did. Cynthia Watros is the mother of twins, Kathryn Prescott is a twin (tumblr is up in arms that her actual twin was not cast even though she was never interested), Jessie Henderson (Gabe) is the son of a police officer. Okay then.

Also do we do Ratings threads for cable shows? Apparently it had a solid debut even for the 11pm episode.

So strange to see Carter speaking with a British accent. :-)

It's a shame Carter isn't half as charming as Kathryn (and it's not just the accent--Kathryn seems to be a very upbeat person vs. Carter, who as we know is surly and mopey).

I saw the trailer for season 2 last night during Eye Candy.  Ugh, why are all of the annoying people that I hate coming back?!  Crash, Gabe, girl whose name I don't even remember (Carter's "friend" that was going to let her take the fall for stealing her mother's necklace).  "The truth will tear you apart"??  Somehow I doubt that.  Oh well, I like Max and Taylor, so I will watch.

This promo slightly annoys me.  I'm afraid their going to try to turn Elizabeth into the bad guy and I hate that.

I'm beginning to think there's some kind of double fake out coming, although the exact logistics and order of things eludes me a bit. The obvious conclusion that the girls aren't actually twins seems clear, thus implying Lori is Carter's biological mother, but there are any number of reasons we could land on for her to have wound up with Elizabeth and her family, only to be stolen back.  The idea of an affair between Scuzzy Dad and Lori is one of them, but not necessarily the best one.

I don't think I could accept any story in which Carter was not Elizabeth's daughter and even less that Lori is her mom.  Elizabeth had twins apparently.  Every indication is that everyone in the family, including Elizabeth's parents, believe this to be true.  For Carter not to be one of those twins either requires a massive cover-up by Elizabeth, David, and Elizabeth's parents, or Elizabeth to have managed to somehow acquired Carter while still in the hospital postpartum, or Elizabeth's parents not to have visited for some time after the "twins" were born.

Likewise, Lori being Carter's mom in any fashion and not being the prime suspect in her kidnapping is LUDICROUS. However, Elizabeth and even David (though I trust him not at all) seemed genuinely surprised that she was the kidnapper at the beginning of last season.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

So, I guess we're all going to be dumbfounded more by this show because MTV just added 12 more episodes to season 2:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2015/05/finding-carter-season-2-picked-up-for-12-more-episodes/

I am not sure if 12 more episodes is necessary.... They could have just split those 12 in half + use the other half for beginning of 3rd season, but maybe this is just in case it doesn't get renewed again seeing as it seems it maybe be dwindling in number of viewers....

I'm pretty sure I'm dumber for having watched that trailer.  It remains to be seen if I'm dumb enough to actually watch the season....

Oh and because it cannot be said often enough, FUCK OFF CRASH! Even if your advice is accurate, your face remains punchable and attempts by the writers to pretend you are not the worst piss me off.  And now, for good measure, FUCK OFF BROTHER WHOSE NAME I WON'T BOTHER TO LEARN! You are useless and a stupid plot point the idiocy of which I have already explored in the episode thread.

• Love 3

This is not looking good. What are they going to do next season, manufacture twins?

Don't give them any ideas.

Carter's drama looks sigh-inducing.  AND WILL WE NEVER BE RID OF CRASH?  This dude would survive Armageddon, I swear.

He really shouldn't have come back after the shooting incident.

• Love 2

It's like MTV is trying to make this into "Skins".  First off, how do you not go to jail after admitting to kidnapping a baby?  

Or drugging and re-kidnapping her as teenage and holding her at gunpoint?  How exactly does the bullshit "real mommy" defense help with that?

That and this is way more interesting than the premise this show completely squandered.

I just don't understand what was so compelling about Lori that this show has gone out of their way to keep her on the show when in reality she should be rotting in a jail cell.

• Love 1

I just don't understand what was so compelling about Lori that this show has gone out of their way to keep her on the show when in reality she should be rotting in a jail cell.

Exactly, this show is just messed up in the way it shows favoritism towards horrible people.

Apparently! Posted on the official MTV YouTube channel today. Don't ask me what's up with these people; they never make any sense. Sometimes they put up a promo, take it down a few days later, then put it back up again. Are they trying to break everyone's links?

• Love 1

I feel like in order to have an "everything's falling apart" arc, the viewer needs to have gotten a good sense of what the characters' lives were like when things were okay, but Carter's life has always been a hot mess and her friend group is so underdeveloped that I don't really care if their lives are falling apart past the feeling of "oh that kinda sucks".

• Love 1

I feel like in order to have an "everything's falling apart" arc, the viewer needs to have gotten a good sense of what the characters' lives were like when things were okay, but Carter's life has always been a hot mess and her friend group is so underdeveloped that I don't really care if their lives are falling apart past the feeling of "oh that kinda sucks".

For starters, there has to be a reason to care and I just don't especially when she chooses to surround herself with the most hateable characters.

If Carter goes back to living with Lori then the court case, the second kidnapping, the trauma - everything they fought tooth and nail for in Season 2A is out the window.

Funny how she goes to Lori when she wants freedom, but then Lori runs to Elizabeth whenever Carter is in trouble.

Edited by Eri
  • Love 1