Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, his attitude "Well I've missed most of my sons' lives anyway, so no big deal if I leave again now." 

I really wish his sons were around to hear Jason say that. It's disgusting, and maybe it would be the thing that made them write Jason out of their lives for good. He's a worthless piece of trash. His tearful phone call to Danny doesn't change that. Is he just going to ignore his other son? What an asshole.

Ouch that Nina is rooting for Sonny to win the custody fight. I know there's no love lost between her and Ava, but wow.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Kristina saying that Natalia is the real victim in the situation is ridiculous. No matter how much the show tries to gaslight me, the person who did the crime is the bad guy not the person who revealed it.

So infuriating. I don't think Kristina and Blaze should have raked Natalia over the coals—it would reflect worse on them than on Natalia—but I think they could have been a lot stronger in their disappointment and hurt regarding her hateful opinions.

LOL that Carly tosses Waggert out of the MetroCourt because she's mad at him. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really wish his sons were around to hear Jason say that. It's disgusting, and maybe it would be the thing that made them write Jason out of their lives for good.

LOL that Carly tosses Waggert out of the MetroCourt because she's mad at him. 

Carly: "I'm a big girl."

Also Carly: "Pack up Jagger's things, I'm throwing him out because he made me mad."

It will hurt but Danny needs to realize that Jason is not a father that he can rely on. Jake needs to relearn that too, otherwise it's going to be decades of heartache and abandonment for them both.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

So I take it Anna wasn't able to get Jason out of his new assignment? And that he's left for Quantico?

So much rage black out at reading what Blaze and Kristina had to say about Natalia. I hope this show gets draaaaaged for FILTH.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

They got Kristina the big ol' lesbian* out here defending Natalia. Time for people to go. Looking at you, Frank.

* - yes, Kristina is technically bi but the show hasn't treated her like that in years (though I wouldn't mind it). Nonetheless she is out, proud and queer

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It will hurt but Danny needs to realize that Jason is not a father that he can rely on. Jake needs to relearn that too, otherwise it's going to be decades of heartache and abandonment for them both.

I agree about Danny. I think he took a significant step in that direction, which is why he threw the phone when Jason offered the half assed good-bye and then abruptly hung up on him. I bet that's the first time Jason has said ILY to either of his sons?

Jake knows he can't rely on Jason. He called Jason once, when he was worried about his mother in a difficult situation.  They went to one baseball game together and he had one more brief, awkward conversation as Jake's looking forward to studying in Barcelona. Jake yearns to be an artist rather than see Jason as a role model, thankfully.  He's not the one sneaking into Jason's room, desperate for fatherly attention and acting like Jason making a few hours available for him (prior to John/Jagger's interruption) is the best thing ever.

• Like 7

Carly, please! Please! Think of yourself! Just this once! For the love of all that is good in this world! I know it's so SO hard for you, but PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Anna slamming John for not following procedure, being unethical, and not belonging in law enforcement. I mean, I just, I can't, I just.. ...🤮 🤯 🤪

I'm not even going to discuss the Natalia tongue bath, cuz my doctor said my blood pressure is too high. Maybe I will hire Scotty to sue the producers of this show. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

Why did Kristina even need to appear with Blaze? She’s essentially a private person. The interview should have been solely with Blaze

• Like 6

I need Sam on to slap both Jason and Carly.  Jason doesn't need to be here?  His sons he's trying to build bridge with don't need him. His sons are nothing to him then he tries to claim that they are priority. 

Perez Hilton is what a so called famous star gives an exclusive to? 

Anna using the word corrupt is a joke, she does understand Jason is a criminal right? Why is Sonny bad but Jason good? Jagger bad, Jason good. 

• Like 6

Well, the "let's talk about how Natalia is the victim because TPTB have a crush on Eva LaRue" interview was appalling. 

Was there any discussion about the impact of hiding who she really is has had on Blaize's music? Or, how being out may impact her future songs? Or even how being in love will affect her art? 

Nope, instead, we heard what a good mother Natalia has been.

And, really, could Blaize and Kristina been seated farther apart on the coach? Blaize was sitting in Port Charles and Kristina may as well have been sitting in Beecher's Corner.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3

I don't know anything about Perez Hilton except that I've heard the name before.  So I have no idea how this show was supposed to work.   But did I hear correctly that Brooklyn suggested that she, Blaze and Kristina go to Bobbie's for a milk shake afterward?  If so, were we to believe that they were filming this show in Port Charles? 

Quite the little upstate New York city.  The same city where Portia was when she just happened to read, after a worldwide literature search, about a study being done that could cure Curtis, only to find out that it was being conducted at General Hospital (the place where she works as co-chief of staff).  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I cannot believe the amount of gaslighting this show does.  Not only with the absolute insanity of Blaze and Kristina saying that NATALYA, the big old bigot, is the VICTIM because gee, she can't help the way she feels, but gosh, she got recorded without her knowledge *clutches pearls,* but with Anna saying it's JOHN who has no honor, is a disgrace to the badge, etc.  ANNA, who just aided and abetted obstruction of justic.  Fuck this show.

Oh, and Jason again with the "Donna needs you--you want to just hand her over to Sonny?"  Sure, Sonny is acting weird NOW, but Jason made that deal three years ago when he was Sonny's ride or die.  Just say your Carly's doormat and be done with it.  No sympathy for Mr. Weepy and his "I wish I could be around for my kids" bullshit. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 6
(edited)

That was some clusterfuck of an offensive and enraging 

Dumpster Fire GIF

today. How Anna could utter the shit coming out of her mouth with a straight face and not turn into a pile of fire is beyond me.

At least on his way out, Jagger got to drop some major truth bombs on Anna, even if she kept deflecting her actions and corruption onto him.

I predict Jaysus will have a last minute save by Anna tomorrow so he can go back to Cujo. God there aren’t enough words for the self serving narcissism. Oh, wait! Looks like Anna will be thwarted based on the previews!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 14

I'm so happy I'm not watching this drivel.

Oh, btw, Anna, your boyfriend is moving arms around the world. I know that international law doesn't mean much these days, but there is an Arms Trade Treaty. Valentin's weepy ass should be carted to an international criminal court and locked at Steinmar or whatever the name of that prison is. So miss me with John Cates being a dishonor to the badge. He is doing his job. What are you doing except for cry over a guy whose only quality is apparently that he is good lay.

And die, Jason! And take your overgrown child with you.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

I just read two pages of comments.  I won't watch yesterday's show at all, and I ff through almost all of the past week or so.  Of course I heard about the Natalia is the real victim here thing on Twitter.  What a shit show. And the  ratings keep dropping which I guess they take as encouragement? 

• Like 5

The thing is, Anna is right about Cates:  in his zeal to get Sonny, he's cutting corners, getting sloppy and he's going to end up looking unprofessional and unhinged.  That in no way takes away that Anna herself has been grossly unprofessional and unethical in letting Valentin walk free.  Both Anna and Cates have acted deplorably and they are a disgrace to law enforcement, even fictious ones.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The thing is, Anna is right about Cates:  in his zeal to get Sonny, he's cutting corners, getting sloppy and he's going to end up looking unprofessional and unhinged.  That in no way takes away that Anna herself has been grossly unprofessional and unethical in letting Valentin walk free.  Both Anna and Cates have acted deplorably and they are a disgrace to law enforcement, even fictious ones.

I'm not sure what corners Jagger has cut. Adding on to what he wants from Jaysus? Boo-Freakin'-Hoo!

I will say that his flirting and cozying up to Cujo and macking on Ava is what I would call...unprofessional.

He's been doing his damndest to do his job, but first Jordan and Anna got in his way; then Anna agreed to be Commissioner and CONTINUED to get in his way.

Right now? Jagger is the one I'm rooting for. Anna needs her ASS kicked. HARD.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Pristine said:

OMG!  Molly and TJ!!  Get a grip!!

I’m so sick of these two over reacting to everything.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Regarding Molly and TJ, whom I can't stand, would it have been better if Kristina had said "My sister is infertile so I offered to carry a baby for her?" So everyone knows ADA Kristina is infertile? I think not. I can not stand the two of them.

Also, Carly's hands should have been handcuffed behind her back.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

I thought that yesterday's episode was bad. But Molly and TJ today ... OMG! They are such idiots that they should not be allowed around a child much less a baby.

Molly, let me reassure you, the whole world does not watch Perez Hilton.

Carly being smug throwing Cates out and Sonny and Diane cheering her on.
"You're nothing but a vindictive bastard with an az to grip."  Looking the mirrow, Carly. She has the emotional maturity of a 3  year old. Apologies to 3 years old around the world. Throw away the key, Cates.

Michael ordering ELQ employees to attend Drew's rally is very sketchy

If Violet is old enough to write in a diary, chances are that she's old to be so thrilled by ants on a log or goldfish crackers..

And the brief glimmer of sanity that Danny showed yesterday -- all up in smoke today.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

The entire episode was appalling.  I had to mute Molly and TJ. So tired of everyone being such major hypocrites.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I don't see how Jason leaving town again is going to throw Sonny for a loop. Carly can easily tell Sonny that Waggert forced Jason to leave.

It was very satisfying to watch the warden (or whoever he was) tell Anna that there is no prisoner named Brennan at Pentonville and never has been. Suck on that, lady.

Ugh, Wiley.

If no one shows up for Drew's event, that's on his campaign team. Michael sucks for dragging ELQ employees into it.

I do not feel sorry for Jason, Show. I never will.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

The entire episode was appalling.  

Thanks for the heads up. I think I've had enough of this show until JJ returns. I'm only interested in seeing Elizabeth and her kids with their fathers and Grandma Laura and Kevin, or Mac with his family as well as Dante and Chase. I would love to see Monica once more, hosting a dinner featuring her children and grandchildren as well as Elizabeth and Aiden to celebrate Jake's acceptance into art school in Barcelona ... but I highly doubt LC and HW will ever be scene partners. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Was it Jagger? Did he arrest her ass? did he? huh? Please tell me he DID!

56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was very satisfying to watch the warden (or whoever he was) tell Anna that there is no prisoner named Brennan at Pentonville and never has been. Suck on that, lady.

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

i've seen shows where it's either or. 

questions:
in the credits who is the lady after BLQ but before Carly?

So Nina was such a terrible hotel owner they lost a "star" but Carly's petty behind is saying that if someone doesn't get their luggage in an hour throw it in the street? and that won't get around? okay there show

So Carly is being arrested (hah) for what exactly? her 2 second stint as the Mob Boss? Dianne is whatever but Anna is defending Carly because why now?

Wait is Jason/StBu really leaving?! 

I have to say this too. i am so tired of "we can't send you to jail because you are a mom, i have little kids." You aren't Jean Valjean here. You weren't stealing a loaf of bread.  you break the law every day to get power and money.  just shut up.

• Like 13
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

in the credits who is the lady after BLQ but before Carly?

Molly

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 15-43-08 General Hospital 7-25-24 - video Dailymotion.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

My rose: Anna getting out-played.

My thorn: Molly's high-pitched screeching set off my tinnitus!

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2024 at 12:13 PM, statsgirl said:

Kristina saying that Natalia is the real victim in the situation is ridiculous. No matter how much the show tries to gaslight me, the person who did the crime is the bad guy not the person who revealed it.

Natalia being the real victim is definitely the Show's "You thanked Hitler" moment.

Fi8E2j4WIAY60X1.thumb.jpg.b4a8a2896c5c10098bad77caa8e081b3.jpg

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If no one shows up for Drew's event, that's on his campaign team. Michael sucks for dragging ELQ employees into it.

Between his financial crimes, the affair with a woman and her daughter (we all know it's coming) at the same time and now Michael dragging ELQ employees into it, it looks like the campaign is crashing and burning.  Maybe if Drew starts ranting about Illuminati Space Lasers he can attract some kind of constituency.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

This episode was enraging, revolting and a little bit of good soap. TJ and Molly can diaf anytime now. Michael is a blockhead. And Willow/Drew, they're really going there... (Michael didn't notice the pheromones radiating off both of them? He really is a dolt.)

When Carly is the most entertaining thing in an episode, that's not a great sign of good things to come.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Wait is Jason/StBu really leaving?!

I should be so lucky. Carly sent Joss and Gio to the bus station to stop him from leaving town now that she's sacrificed herself to Cates.

The woman just doesn't listen.

• Like 6
  • Angry 2

So Jagger is being sacrificed at the altar of Sonny, Jason and Carly.  Great.

I think what bothers me the most about the Anna story---besides everything---is the absence of relationship.  She tolerates Jason because Robin loved him, but has no real relationship with him.  She's not confided at all in Felicia or Mac and, as I will now shout, instead of merely say----THERE IS A ROBERT-SIZED HOLE IN THIS STORY!!!!.  It's just not interesting, nor remotely emotionally engaging, to see Anna put herself through the wringer for no discernible reason beyond the distant and wimpy Valentin.  For all of the worthwhile interaction she's had, Finola may as well be acting in a closet.  There's no reason Anna couldn't have a confidant among her close circle of friends, and we are long past the time when it should have started.

Molly and TJ.  They tell themselves a story, get it wrong, get upset about it, and decide to blow things up.  Take that baby, Kristina, and run!! 

I guess this is all for the purpose of bringing Rick Hearst back. I think I wasn't watching for the bulk of his time on the show, so I don't miss him.  But I get that others do, and are happy about his return.  I'm just annoyed that it will likely place yet more emphasis on Sonny.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Was it Jagger? Did he arrest her ass? did he? huh? Please tell me he DID

It was.  She was kicking him out of the hotel and they argued and she said he had nothing on her since she's not a mob boss and he could go ahead and arrest her so he did.  Anna and Diane tried to stop it but he walked her out of the hotel in front of Sonny.  

• Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Am I supposed to be sad for Jason that he’s once again choosing to leave his children to protect Carly? Was I supposed to be moved by the conversation with Danny? I felt bad for the kid because he has a shithead for a father. 

i soooo wish Cstes could make these charges stick against Carly, but of course he’ll be thwarted. Because now he’s got everyone against him, and Anna has her own vendetta. Can FH just take a VERY long vacation?

Maybe she can take Molly and TJ with her because I wanted to hit them both with a 2x4 today. If they think so little of Kristina, why did they ask her to be their surrogate? And if they’re not prepared to listen to why she declined to tell the public that she’s carrying her sister’s child, then they can just GTFO. Now Molly wants the law to resolve things? Newsflash honey, you have no legal rights to that baby. TJ does, but judges aren’t keen on taking babies away from their biological mothers just because said mother’s sister is pissed. What are they going to do? Lock up Kristina until the baby is born? Make her eat only vegan food and stay on bed rest until she delivers? Hire someone to watch her 24/7? If I were Kristina, I’d sue them for custody!

I don’t know what’s happening with cates and Ava. I’d like to think he’s playing her but regardless, they do make a nice looking couple. And I would trade places with her in a heartbeat lol! Too bad they Sent a Mack truck after John and he isn’t long for the show. ADam Harrington deserves better than this shit. Maybe there’s a place for him on Y&R. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
32 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It was.  She was kicking him out of the hotel and they argued and she said he had nothing on her since she's not a mob boss and he could go ahead and arrest her so he did.  Anna and Diane tried to stop it but he walked her out of the hotel in front of Sonny.  

200.gif?cid=0e375282wczo1b8z0h6bakgm8loy

the simpsons applause GIF

suck my dick GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Maybe there’s a place for him on Y&R. 

Y&R is no better than GH. They'd have him go up against Victor who is also a sociopath and their Carly. Therefore he cannot lose.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Y&R is no better than GH. They'd have him go up against Victor who is also a sociopath and their Carly. Therefore he cannot lose.

True enough. But maybe he could be a new love interest for Sharon? Maybe the owner of a hot new club in GC? Just as long as they keep him away from Phyllis!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

My rose: Sasha and Violet talking about making snacks.

My thorn: EVERYTHING ELSE

OMG, hard to pick a worst today because it was bad, but I think Molly and TJ win.  You know how all this could've been averted?  if you two assholes hadn't decided you cannot even talk to Kristina.  How do you even know how "our baby, our baby, our baby" is doing?  Do you care if kristina is feeling OK?  If her blood pressure is good?  Anything?  Right, you don't.  Had you been talking to her she could've told you she was doing the interview and you would've known why she didn't tell them she was your surrogate--which, lbr, you would've had a fit about, too.  So now you're suing her?  Fuck you both.

Then there's Hotel Owner Extraordinaire Carly.  Kicking someone out and screaming at them in the lobby?  Great for business.  And all that bravado about "arrest me, arrest me" went out of your eyes when John did just that.  

Anna is looking more and more like a fool every day.  Every time she opens her mouth she sounds like more of an asshole.  

Cry me a river with your tears, Jason.  Zero sympathy for you.  Too bad Danny doesn't know how you put Carly's kid above him.  

• Like 11
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And all that bravado about "arrest me, arrest me" went out of your eyes when John did just that.  

that one cracked me up. like she's all hands in his face let's do it mr big guy. and because John isn't Anna or Jordan or whatever and charged her she was like "Wait that's not part of the script. I'm supposed to have my temper tantrum and you are supposed to just roll your eyes and walk away."

• LOL 6
On 7/24/2024 at 5:35 PM, jsbt said:

They got Kristina the big ol' lesbian* out here defending Natalia. Time for people to go. Looking at you, Frank.

* - yes, Kristina is technically bi but the show hasn't treated her like that in years (though I wouldn't mind it). Nonetheless she is out, proud and queer

It really bugged me that Kristina was introduced as gay, or at least that she didn't ask to correct that. Bi erasure is a thing!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It really bugged me that Kristina was introduced as gay, or at least that she didn't ask to correct that. Bi erasure is a thing!

Last time she was asked, she said pan.

• LOL 1

Damn. I was hoping that Cujo would have been actually shocked when Jagger slapped on the cuffs, but nope. She continued to be her arrogant self, down to the petty “Don’t touch me” as he took her out.

The AWESOMENESS that could have been Jagger is gone. From his continued macking on Ava, and belief sending Jaysus away would allow him to leverage Cujo. Just UGH.

STFU, Molly and TJ.

The “disappearance” of Brennan has Valentin’s fingerprints (so to speak) all over it. Just like he wiped Charlotte’s social media.

And I CACKLED at how Anna got more and more pathetic. Something I NEVER thought I would type about her.

Or it could be the WSB. Could Brennan be a . . . Triple Agent? Tied to Mac helping Frisco? Naaaah. That would be soapy and Frank doesn’t have the talent or creativity to do that.

• Like 11
(edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 7:17 PM, ljr said:

This show stinks .Sonny has been for 30 years and it’s the same nonsense. The mothers of his children don’t want him near his kids. He commits crime and gets away with it

And he's the eterally sexy young stud that all the ladies can't resist!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I wish they would allow Kristina to actually act as though she's bisexual/pansexual, but other than Lexie's Kristina possibly eying up Dex, there's never been any indication of Kristina acting attracted to males post-Parker storyline. 

Don't get me started on this topic, though. I am gay, but bi erasure has bothered me ever since Willow on Buffy began calling herself "gay now." I mean, if we're talking a situation like Santana on Glee where she was gay all along but trying to convince herself she was straight, sure, but Glee showcased her eventual wife Britney being bisexual throughout the entire show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/24/2024 at 5:35 PM, jsbt said:

I feel like the only way this could possibly get more offensive is if Natalia sends her son to seduce Kristina, but then fails and rapes her. So basically ripping off the Bianca storyline from All My Children, only she can't get pregnant.