Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

How stupid of Jason to hightail his ass over to the Metrocourt to let Carly know that they're in the clear when he doesn't even know if John will honour the agreement once Valentin is arrested. 

How very unlike Jaysus.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I don't even know what to say about this show anymore except that I think it's trying to give me whiplash.  

I have always loved Anna, but never Valentin, and definitely not them as a couple.  All of this Pikeman intrigue has been ridiculous and has bogged down the performances of all of the people it has touched.  Poor Adam Harrington hasn't been able to use but one expression since he came on the show, and it doesn't look like that will change with the Ava story.  What a waste.  Give me back my Anna, and go out and find Robert while you're at it.

I can't tell if Gio is being shown the door, but I think it will be sad if that's true.  I actually like the actor, and the fact that he has an additional talent to bring to the screen.  I'd thought he might be there for Trina, and I think their personalities would mesh well.  Maybe they'll decide to bring him in as a 'professional' studio musician for Blaze, on her new record label. 

Nina saved the day for me, both yesterday and today.  She really is sweet with Sonny, and I love the more mature, less dependent version of her. More, please.

Maxie with the line of the day again, after Nina tells her that Sonny came to bury the hatchet:  "In who?"  (The grammarian in me is even now correcting it to 'In whom')

Overall, here's what bothers me the most, and the source of my whiplash.  It feels like the change in writing staff was handled such that the new writers decided to ditch any stories that weren't theirs, rather than digging in and finding ways to make them work.  That may soothe a writer's ego, but it does nothing for the viewer's experience, and we're kind of necessary to the longevity of the show.   

• Like 7
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

My favourite moment of today's show was when Sonny told Natalia that Brook Lynn was going to front the record, as Natalia was thinking that the glory will be her own Looks like Sonny still has a brain cell left.

Unfortunately it looks like L&B records will be making a comeback with a section for Gio's violin and Lois will be staying to stick her nose into even more people's business.

I was grateful for the Lois/Carly convo as I was running late and could fast forward right through that.

There are no words for this version of Anna other than to say I want the 1990s Anna back. Even going on the run with Valentin would have been more interesting.

What a waste of AH/Jagger. He would have given the show a real energy but they've botched it making him the story support guy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
22 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

Would someone be so kind as to fill me in on the BTS drama that's been referred to numerous times?  Clearly, I'm out of the loop!

i'm thinking about the writing changes?
Chris and Dan got fired, and Patrick Mulaney & Elizabeth Korte got hired (and that's when the writing got a lot snappier, and a lot of people were calling Sonny for the filth that he was etc). but then. Patrick got fired and I think Chris? is rehired? so now they're changing the storylines again

• Angry 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I can't tell if Gio is being shown the door, but I think it will be sad if that's true. 

IDK, he seems to be getting a lot of airtime for a newbie.  Yeah, yeah, I've seen you put out MC towels, could we move this along, please?

Clothing, Lois's velour tracksuit?  Ick.  Willow's mom jeans?  Ick.

image.jpg

image(1).jpg

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was grateful for the Lois/Carly convo as I was running late and could fast forward right through that.

What a ridiculous exposition dump.  And is Sonny keeping Gio a ~secret from Carly going to mean something gross, like he's his son, or was that just Carly, as usual, making everything about her.  

On the plus (/sarcasm) nice to know she doesn't care what her employees at the pool do.  No wonder Joss likes her job.

Re: Anna.  Besides everything that's already been said, I'm also seriously questioning why she's wearing a dress that has the pattern of dishes in an Amish kitchen.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

L&B with Brooklyn as Brenda's B? Good Sonny turned that around on Natalia. 

Jagger is lost and crazy he believes everything Ava sold him. 

Gios father has to be someone. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They really gave Gio the most tragic backstory. Good grief! Dead father who didn't even know he existed, super talented musician mother living the American dream who died so very suddenly. You can't make fetch happen, show! Nothing against the kid since they really limited his interactions to his age group, but let's tone it down a bit.

The actor is a really talented musician, but I’m not invested in the character and you made me figure out why: it’s just way too much. 

6 hours ago, JMO said:

I don't even know what to say about this show anymore except that I think it's trying to give me whiplash.  

Nina saved the day for me, both yesterday and today.  She really is sweet with Sonny, and I love the more mature, less dependent version of her. More, please.   

I’m definitely liking the shift in Nina away from looking like a googly-eyed teen every time she mentioned Willow, Wiley, or Sonny.  But adding to the whiplash there too: she got de-pariahed over the course of like two episodes.

Beyond the rage blackout that was the entirety of Valentin/Anna, I did get a hearty laugh at the FBI raid.  Cates and his partner announce and kick the door open, ostensibly to surprise Valentin, and enter to other FBI agents already having searched the house.  

I doubt that anyone will top Tracy/JE on my “I’ll watch any scene they’re in” list but damn if Maxie/KS is coming very close.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)

On 6/30/2024 at 11:20 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Is there another side?

the Delaware side.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 7:21 PM, jsbt said:

If Anna goes on the run with Billy Joel the Lizard King I am absolutely going to lose it.

Jsbt/Janie's go-ot a gun!

10 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And it's not like Valentin hasn't left her living with Dante or Laura for long stretches of time before. 

Kerleyq!!! Did the JJ news get you posting again? It got me. Damn you weepy JJ!

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 1
On 6/26/2024 at 4:08 PM, Bunnyto4 said:

The bench scene between Finn and Chase was really beautifully and heartbreakingly acted. 

It was great. I've never been a giant fan of Easton but I think he and Swickard have wonderful chem and I would have liked it if he had been on recurring in a capacity like LLC. And I'm proud of Swickard lol. He came right after Nathan/RP and it seemed like many thought he was a clone but he wasn't and has shown that, imo.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And I'm proud of Swickard lol. He came right after Nathan/RP and it seemed like many thought he was a clone but he wasn't and has shown that, imo.

He is still a little boy playing cop! I have no long-term use for Detective Dollman or his Mormon marriage to BLQ.

8 hours ago, JMO said:

Overall, here's what bothers me the most, and the source of my whiplash.  It feels like the change in writing staff was handled such that the new writers decided to ditch any stories that weren't theirs, rather than digging in and finding ways to make them work.  That may soothe a writer's ego, but it does nothing for the viewer's experience, and we're kind of necessary to the longevity of the show.   

Which is why I will lose my mind if in all probability they drop the controversial and soapy Willow/Drew/Nina saga, which is really the only story that currently works for me on the show. But basic infidelity, sin and sex is too edgy for this show often these days.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

"I have no long-term use for Detective Dollman or his Mormon marriage to BLQ."

How about if I sacrifice Dex JarJarGio and Cody for Detective Dollman?

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

How about if I sacrifice Dex JarJarGio and Cody for Detective Dollman?

I prefer both Violin Twink and Cody to Dollman! Learn to use the quote function, you've been here for a century just like me!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, jsbt said:

Trina can't buy airtime.

Just popping out of lurkerdom to say that Trina is showing all the tell-tale signs of a character for whom the skids are being greased.  There is only character in that age range who is safe, and it's Josslyn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

I prefer both Violin Twink and Cody to Dollman! Learn to use the quote function, you've been here for a century just like me!

That's why I'll do whatever the heck I want because I'm old damn it.

Ok and Michael/Chad has been on this show for 14 years!! 14!! Deal with Dollman!

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

The only way to redeem Anna for me later on, after the fact would be some sort of weird shit like meds or something, yes lol. Or she does time as a pariah, I don't know.

Weird shit like...Dante affair?

Did my posting here since 1999 quote this properly? :P

Ps 1999? Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

You'd think Jason could have at least made a quick call to Anna telling her the FBI were on the way before he went off to celebrate (prematurely) with Carly.

Natalia is growing on me -- maybe just because the actress is very good.  Gio is also growing on me -- he has a certain charm for a young kid. 

So happy Nina "got wisdom" and is getting to be a powerful woman instead of a mop.

Agree with JMO that the line of the day was Maxie's "in who?"

• Applause 1
(edited)

Okay and I am about to give a huge rant about "Gio". Even without SORAS, he can't have been born before 1999. The year from which we have seen Sonny's every spasm. It's already ridiculous enough we are supposed to buy he visited Brooklyn enough to have grown close to this kid after 1999. But that he might be his father? I don't think even GH expects us to buy it. But even buying that Sonny is so close to Gio that he's paying for his education? Sure and Jason cares about his kids more than Carly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Ok and Michael/Chad has been on this show for 14 years!! 14!! Deal with Dollman!

They both should go!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Okay and I am about to give a huge rant about "Gio". Even without SORAS, he can't have been born before 1999. The year from which we have seen Sonny's every twitch. It's already ridiculous enough we are supposed to buy he visited Brooklyn enough to have grown close to this kid after 1999. But that he might be his father? I don't think even GH expects us to buy it. But even buying that Sonny is so close to Gio that he's paying for his education? Sure and Jason cares about his kids more than Carly.

Yeah, I’m watching and listening to this and thinking this timeline is mathing. I know they think we are dumb and will accept anything but try a little harder. Also, doesn’t Sonny have enough kids biological and non biological? I know Maurice is cute with his dimples and all but they ain’t that good. LOL!!!! This writing ✍️ by the “old” and “new” writers is horrible. It has me worried for when Jonathan Jackson returns. 

• Like 4

MB really comes alive in Nina/Sonny scenes. I miss them together. But, like others,  I like that Nina wasn’t pathetic in those scenes. 

• Like 17

This whole Gio thing is driving me insane. Is anyone going to care if someone in PC turns out to be his father?

Sonny: So he has a 17th child with a 6th baby mama. So what? Gio's not like Dante where he's undercover to take Sonny down. What changes for anyone if they're father/son?

Jason He already has two sons that he ignores. Why would he need another? Nothing changes for either of them.

Drew: Also has a child he ignores. Gio's too clean cut for his existence to mess up a political career, so who cares?

Dante: Maybe there is a wee bit of a scandal that clean cut Dante slept with Lois' cousin back in the day, but Dante would just welcome him with open arms and build another bedroom in that tiny penthouse. Athough it would lessen gio's presence onscreen since Dante isn't allowed any story of his own.

The only true scandal is if the father is an enemy of Sonny's, but that Sonny isn't aware and has been paying for his enemy's kid all these years. But again, unless that enemy is AJ and Gio is really a Q...........

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

UGH. Those scenes with, I'm just going to refer to her as Pod!Anna, because that is NOT the Anna I have loved for so many years until the introduction of Heinrich, no, wait, until all that Justice for Dewk nonsense, were so pathetic.

That the FACT Valentin was the one who set her up to look like SHE was the traitor and head of Pikeman. And that sorry excuse that Valentin didn't put anything that could actually incriminate her? Really? So many have gone to prison for just the appearance of criminal activity except for Mooby and Jaysus. That this wasn't something that would be a deal-breaker in addition to him being the head of Pikeman, is just...mindboggling. I'm gobsmacked. And he did it for HER? and she bought that? She needed a Gibbs headsmack like multiple times.

Robert was so needed to cold cock this weasel again.

So much potential and Jagger ends up being another dumbass, sacrificed at the altar of the UnHoly Trinity, even if said Trinity is split at the moment.

HAH! Jason only waited 30 minutes before he handed over that SAT phone.

And on a totally different subject, this morning, as I waited for my Peppermint Mocha/No Whip, the song that played at the Disco where Luke raped Laura started playing. Like...whuuuuut? I did NOT need those scenes playing through my mind!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I have no long-term use for Detective Dollman or his Mormon marriage to BLQ.

Oh and if he had a Mormon marriage it would look like this:

intro-import.sm.webp

Yes, most of my pop culture references are 35 years old. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

MB really comes alive in Nina/Sonny scenes. I miss them together. But, like others,  I like that Nina wasn’t pathetic in those scenes. 

from everything i heard MB really wanted to work with CW which is why we got Nixon Falls angle. an I reallly have to say.. they really ruined what could have been a great couple. you could have had the Amnesia bit - still have Nina find him but simply just tell Carly. (I'd even have it a DELAY (not a year delay but just like a week or something). then have the entire storyline of Sonny/Mike NOT wanting to be in Jason/Carly's orbit because she'd be pushing him to be a mobster- and Nina would be sympathetic and understanding that he doesn't. a lot of the same beats could have been there to make a much better story. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Kerleyq!!! Did the JJ news get you posting again? It got me. Damn you weepy JJ!

I think I started right before that announcement. I had to go back and look, and it appears it was how freaking ridiculous the whole "Sam and Spinelli pick pocket an FBI agent" thing was that got me.  JJ coming back is definitely going to keep me around, though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think I started right before that announcement. I had to go back and look, and it appears it was how freaking ridiculous the whole "Sam and Spinelli pick pocket an FBI agent" thing was that got me.  JJ coming back is definitely going to keep me around, though. 

How dare you SpinSam are soooo hot and she should choose him over that bastard Dante!!!

Friggin please lol. Although honestly not that it matters, the show likes DZ/Dante enough for him to be on the show high in the episode counts, but not enough to give him something, it's super bizarre. I feel like they respect his talent but FV must be repulsed by..Canada? I don't know.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 5
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Friggin please lol. Although honestly not that it matters, the show likes DZ/Dante enough for him to be on the show high in the episode counts, but not enough to give him something, it's super bizarre. I feel like they respect his talent but FV must be repulsed by..Canada? I don't know.

He's just not a priority for Frank. Like most of the veteran cast.

I think (yet again) PM actually gave Dominic some wonderful stuff and made me buy into the relationship with Sam for the first time with the shooting, and then with him once again casting Sonny out after the old man's meltdown at the Quartermaine wedding. DZ sold the hell out of it and it was well written. Unfortunately the entire pronounced sea change by much of the town on Sonny from Dante, Kristina, Anna, Laura, etc. is now going out the window with Mulcahey having quit and the show doing 180s on a lot of stuff. Sonny has been kinder and gentler for over a month, Kristina and Dante are back in the fold, Anna is acting a fool for Pikeman/Valentin, etc. I laughed when Dante's lame excuse for coming back to Sonny yet again was being shocked at Ava's small time recording of Natalia, who he knew his dad had been tryna fuck.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, jsbt said:

He's just not a priority for Frank. Like most of the veteran cast.

I think (yet again) PM actually gave Dominic some wonderful stuff and made me buy into the relationship with Sam for the first time with the shooting, and then with him once again casting Sonny out after the old man's meltdown at the Quartermaine wedding. DZ sold the hell out of it and it was well written. Unfortunately the entire pronounced sea change by much of the town on Sonny from Dante, Kristina, Anna, Laura, etc. is now going out the window with Mulcahey having quit and the show doing 180s on a lot of stuff. Sonny has been kinder and gentler for over a month, Kristina and Dante are back in the fold, Anna is acting a fool for Pikeman/Valentin, etc. I laughed when Dante's lame excuse for coming back to Sonny yet again was being shocked at Ava's small time recording of Natalia, who he knew his dad had been tryna fuck.

Okay don't make me try to laugh with catchphrases from 1989. 

You know I admire Mulcahey but when did he give DZ great material? He was in a coma for a month. But whatever you feed me I'll believe. (Besides about anything about Chase of course!)

• LOL 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You know I admire Mulcahey but when did he give DZ great material? He was in a coma for a month. But whatever you feed me I'll believe. (Besides about anything about Chase of course!)

During the monologue I just told you about! And he was in a coma for like a week or two, he's fine. He got good stuff out of that with Kelly Monaco. You don't watch unless Dollman is there, pretending he's a big boy with his pop-pop gun! I know your game.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

During the monologue I just told you about! And he was in a coma for like a week or two, he's fine. He got good stuff out of that with Kelly Monaco. You don't watch unless Dollman is there, pretending he's a big boy with his pop-pop gun! I know your game.

WHAT'S YOUR POINT?

I ...sometimes I watch when...ah fuck it. Oh wait I watched when Dante/Anna were dancing at the Mormon wedding.

Is pop-pop a reference to when someone flicks Easton's two giant nostrils?

Ok that monologue was all Kelly and not DZ who laid there dreaming of Battlestar galactica. 

Don't mind me and jsbt we have been on mightybigtv/previously tv for 40,000 years. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

Did Sonny/Nina have a couple name?  Sina? Sona? NiSon?  Or did people know it wasn't going to last, so they didn't bother?

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Did Sonny/Nina have a couple name?  Sina? Sona? NiSon?  Or did people know it wasn't going to last, so they didn't bother?

Weird Twitter people call them Sona, which I interpolate as "Soma" because their story mostly put me to sleep.

50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ok that monologue was all Kelly and not DZ who laid there dreaming of Battlestar galactica. 

No! The one where he told off Sonny for the 85th time! A month or two ago. He was great. You never studied!

• LOL 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, jsbt said:

The one where he told off Sonny for the 85th time! A month or two ago. He was great. You never studied!

Pardon me for interrupting but...

This show wastes DZ. All the stuff after Sonny beating up Dex was great. Though I can see why they don't do more of it. DZ's quiet intensity makes MB look pretty weak.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HAH! Jason only waited 30 minutes before he handed over that SAT phone.

And on a totally different subject, this morning, as I waited for my Peppermint Mocha/No Whip, the song that played at the Disco where Luke raped Laura started playing. Like...whuuuuut? I did NOT need those scenes playing through my mind!

Hope it didn't ruin your enjoyment of your Peppermint Mocha, so yummy! 

The writing on this Show for the past week or so has been both unexpected in a good way and shockingly bad. So, I don't know what to think.

Jason admitting to himself and to Jake that he hasn't been a real father was unexpected in a good way. His desire to hug Jake definitely surprised me. Today (unfortunately on his and Robin's bridge), telling Carly he wants to hang out with his boys and that he'll "miss" Jake also surprised me. He doesn't know Jake. I think what he really meant was he thought that now that he could get to know Jake but he's going to miss out on it mostly since Jake is starting his own independent life and it's too late to play daddy. Too bad Sam didn't get to hear him tell Carly that getting back together with her the last time was a mistake that hurt the kids. 

Carly admitting to Jason she was jealous knowing Jason was falling in love with Britt, and that Britt died saving Joss, was very unexpected to the point of shocking. (LOL at Jason's exasperated look about the "love me" remark.) Makes me wonder if she'll go back to giving Elizabeth resentful looks whenever she sees the way Jason looks at her while they talk about Jake. Of course Carly thinks Sam's been too hard on him.

Why on G-d's green earth does Sonny think it's okay to toast with and continue associating with the bigot who said ugly things about his daughter?! That scene of the three of them grinning and drinking as he vows to take down Ava was gross.

JE rules with the way Tracy speaks as an elder to Cody.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

I've never been a Katelyn MacMullen stan, but I've also never thought she was bad. I just haven't liked many of the choices for Willow, especially since she and Michael were cemented as a GH couple of destiny, with the partner swap involving Sasha and Chase. This is setup to say that I thought she was really good in those scenes with Cynthia Watros earlier this week. She really seemed torn up over the Drew kiss and her mixed-up feelings. More of this sort of thing. I don't mean that in a sadistic way, like "I want Willow to suffer!" just that she's a more sympathetic and relatable character when she's scuffed up a little than when she's self-righteously co-signing whatever Michael and Carly said.

She was good opposite Maurice Benard as well, but these days, anyone in a scene with him can be the standout. Watros gave her something more interesting to play against. 

I can't decide yet about the Gio actor. He's likable, and he always delivers lines as if he's a bit embarrassed. (You haven't had the half of it yet, Gio!) Maybe he's just green. Wikipedia says he "began acting at 7," but his credits suggest he doesn't have a lot of experience as a series regular, playing the same character on a sustained basis.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Why on G-d's green earth does Sonny think it's okay to toast with and continue associating with the bigot who said ugly things about his daughter?! That scene of the three of them grinning and drinking as he vows to take down Ava was gross.

Tbf, her reluctant body language and the look on Brook Lynn's face during the toast were almost worth the price of admission.

• Like 5
(edited)

I think KMM has done a very solid job with the Drew/Willow/Nina saga, which is the only thing that's ever really made me take notice of her. (That and the possibility of going villain when I was 75% convinced Willow was faking her cancer lol, a story that absolutely should have happened.) Reverting her back to Michael's milquetoast good wife is not a future for the character.

Giovanni Mazza is a very handsome kid and I think he is working hard onscreen, but it's clear they have no idea where they are going with Gio. The claim (I think from Teschner) that FV had them just whip a character for him fits - that's happened many times on soaps with many would-be stars over the years so it's not unheard of at all, but those were generally with far less fraught regimes than this one. I think they could do good things with him but so far he's just another nice boy with a lot of other bland nice people on canvas.

I remain convinced Mulcahey was toying with the idea of Cody/Tracy early on with some of their meet-cutes at the stables, and again when she directly compared him to a young Gregory. I would've been for that tbh.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

It's not your fault Jason, the writers don't know what you should do with yourself either.

Soooo... does Jason saying it's a mistake for him to try to pick up anything from the past mean Carly has no shot at him again? I was kind of hoping they would just put them together once and for all, cuz I really, really can't bear to watch any more same old same old with them. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

It's not your fault Jason, the writers don't know what you should do with yourself either.

Soooo... does Jason saying it's a mistake for him to try to pick up anything from the past mean Carly has no shot at him again? I was kind of hoping they would just put them together once and for all, cuz I really, really can't bear to watch any more same old same old with them. 

My solution for that is to kill off Carly for good. I have no interest in seeing her get what she wants yet again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

Weird Twitter people call them Sona, which I interpolate as "Soma" because their story mostly put me to sleep.

No! The one where he told off Sonny for the 85th time! A month or two ago. He was great. You never studied!

Lol stop.

when I say so.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

This whole Gio thing is driving me insane. Is anyone going to care if someone in PC turns out to be his father?

Jagger maybe? He's been in and out of Port Charles enough that he could plausibly have had a whirlwind romance. I think Lucky's been too much on the canvas in the relevant time period for that to work with him, but maybe via the infamous Helena handwave?

Like everyone else, I am beyond bored with the Gio exposition and he better start showing a mood other than "smiley but abashed" if they don't want me to FF through all of his scenes. I realize I'm not the target audience, though for the teen scene, though. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I can't decide yet about the Gio actor. He's likable, and he always delivers lines as if he's a bit embarrassed. (You haven't had the half of it yet, Gio!) Maybe he's just green. Wikipedia says he "began acting at 7," but his credits suggest he doesn't have a lot of experience as a series regular, playing the same character on a sustained basis.

I think he's fine but very embarrassing how they gave him the same name? Like if they gave Dante a stalker named Ool Kees who plays the accordian. 

• LOL 1
On 7/17/2024 at 6:15 PM, Daisy said:

i'm thinking about the writing changes?
Chris and Dan got fired, and Patrick Mulaney & Elizabeth Korte got hired (and that's when the writing got a lot snappier, and a lot of people were calling Sonny for the filth that he was etc). but then. Patrick got fired and I think Chris? is rehired? so now they're changing the storylines again

Thank you!  That explains the storyline whiplash that I've been feeling.

This whole Blaze situation is so dumb. You can't tell me there wouldn't be other commercial labels who want to sign her and trumpet their lack of prejudice and bigotry.

Why did Kristina feel she had to hide Blaze before talking to Nina? Nina has never had a problem with anyone being gay. She works in fashion, FFS.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

JE rules with the way Tracy speaks as an elder to Cody.

I loved those scenes. I'm with @jsbt that Mulcahey was thinking of pairing them up. Too bad it won't happen, but I do like Cody and Tracy as friends. JE is a miracle.

Carly is practically a family annihilator: If she can't have Jason, no one can. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1