Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Laina said:

I can handle a bit of an age factor, but 25 years is way too much and grosses me out. She was up Spencer's butt, and now has a kid with his father. That's just.. ugh.

In a word, yes. And given that Tyler is dead, I wish they would undo garbage like that… Just like CM’s Drew should be an imposter.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

As a huge Sprina fan, I would hope the show is searching for a permanent recast for Spencer now. If NAC wants to take that leap and try to make it in HW, I wish him luck but the show goes on. I’m one who loves TA’s Trina so I’m open to loving a new person as Spencer. I also would have overtaped with him now or temporarily recast. I see no reason he needs to “die.”

A presumed death would be overkill, pardon the pun, and kind of silly as they may opt for a Dan Stevens type deal in the summer. I would off Nik, eighty-six Esme, and return Ace to his rightful home, wherever that is. 

I personally think TA is what got Sprina on the “People” cover, just like it was always Genie whatever Monty said. They may find someone who is not a Fish Taco or Frosted Tips, but I would not rush it or push it with the wrong person. Some things have their time and then they are over. I hope the show gives fans all they can in the time they have. 

• Like 4

Chavez has been popular enough as Spencer that any immediate recast faces an uphill battle. They should wait a year to 18 months AFAIC. And yes, I'd kill Nik, send Esme to the cracker barrel (until her next escape) and Ace, I have no idea.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Chavez has been popular enough as Spencer that any immediate recast faces an uphill battle. They should wait a year to 18 months AFAIC. And yes, I'd kill Nik, send Esme to the cracker barrel (until her next escape) and Ace, I have no idea.

I'm torn on this point.  If Nicholas is gone, I do want his heir on the show.  I think the character of Spencer is very interesting.  And, I do think the Sprina base is heavily invested in Taby, so I could see them  backing a decent recast.  The recast will almost definitely not be as good as NAC, but if he's decent, that would go a long way. OTOH, we know what happens with recasts of popular characters, and they are often never accepted.  And IMO that's often, but not always, for good reasons.  I mean, the recast Drew is exhibit one as good reasons.  So I don't know.  

3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I haven’t posted much here lately because my opinions are pretty unpopular but I have to throw this out there - I couldn’t care less that Spencer gave Ace to Nikolas. I may be alone in that on this board, but yeah, I was fine with him doing that. Heck, I cheered him on actually. Was it wrong? Yeah. Do I care? Nope. Not at all. I couldn’t care less about Esme. The character has never worked for me. Bad Esme was aimless and without purpose for far too long until they made her the daughter of psychos, and then she became completely nuts with no redeeming qualities! Amnesia Esme was equally without purpose. No real effort was put into developing her while she had amnesia. The Ace actors are cute but Ace is a pointless, unnecessary character. I’m happy to see the back of him. Esme could also leave for all I care. There’s no point to her character honestly. She’s not a good villain as written. She’s just annoying. I also think Nik is better OFF the show. I liked MC’s Nikolas (AH was good for the first for me this last go round) but they screwed over the character too much now. Nik doesn’t need to be on canvas so he and Ace can remain gone. 

As a huge Sprina fan, I would hope the show is searching for a permanent recast for Spencer now. If NAC wants to take that leap and try to make it in HW, I wish him luck but the show goes on. I’m one who loves TA’s Trina so I’m open to loving a new person as Spencer. I also would have overtaped with him now or temporarily recast. I see no reason he needs to “die.” The filming for Monster isn’t that long. I see this new story as possibly setting up AP leaving the show. Her going crazy and trying to hurt Trina to get back at Spencer is something I could see her doing. What else is the plan with her? She can’t solely exist as a thorn in Sprina’s side. She has friends and no family. She remains without purpose. 

Drew’s anger with Nina is ridiculous. The show acts like we forgot that Drew said it was better for him to go to jail than Carly because Donna and Avery needed Carly and Scout barely knew him! The man said Scout was better off without him. He also tried to sell Aurora - Scout’s legacy - to bail Carly out of trouble. When he’s released, he first goes to see Carly. Scout who? And he just tried to ship her off to a year-round boarding school!!!! The show can miss me with Drew feeling like Nina cost him time with Scout! He barely spends any time with Scout! I truly hope this plot ends with Drew (and CM) leaving the show. Drew has been a massive disappointment. They ruined the character when they tied him to Carly. Let him die for real like Franco/Austin and be done with the character.

I enjoy Esme when she doesn't have amnesia, she can be hilarious, but they did paint her into a corner.  I would in no way be upset if they kill her off.  Or just make her disappear for a while, even a long while.  She's entertaining enough right now, but was a huge bore when she had amnesia.  Huge bore. 

Drew needs to be killed off asap.  The character doesn't work without BM, and he probably wouldn't have worked long term even with BM.  This recast has been a disaster.  Just kill him off.   If I had 3 GH wishes, it would be kill of Drew, and recast both Carly and Michael.  But those last two are never happening.  I think Drew being killed off could happen.  

• Like 7
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ace can go down for a SORAS nap.

He already did when he born. Hence why he was cute, huge baby for the first six months of his life.

I would kill Nik andsend Spencer to take care of Cassadine interests overseas while they wait for NChavez status/recast.

They should break up Sprina and have Trina finish up college and stand on her own as a character. She does not need Spencer to thrive on the show.

I like Esme and really love Avery the actress. Without either Cassadine man on the show, I would keep her and Ace but have interact with different characters.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Drew needs to be killed off asap.  The character doesn't work without BM, and he probably wouldn't have worked long term even with BM. 

He's always been a Jason placeholder, regardless of who plays him.

8 minutes ago, nilyank said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ace can go down for a SORAS nap.

He already did when he born. Hence why he was cute, huge baby for the first six months of his life.

Most shows do that because the rules for filming with infants are so restrictive. Ace is still a baby, so he can go down for another, longer SORAS nap, heh.

I think Drew is still such a blank slate he can be reconceived with any good name actor to be the anti-Jason. I would use that, with the right actor but not right away. Would I cry a river if they killed him again? No. I definitely wouldn't keep Jason around. Anything Jason can still do that has any interest for me is something Steve Burton won't play and he's outlasted his matinee idol years. Move on.

• Like 8
31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I like Esme and really love Avery the actress. Without either Cassadine man on the show, I would keep her and Ace but have interact with different characters.

I agree that Esme has potential beyond the Cassadines. She shouldn't be killed off or sent away in my view.  She just needs better writing.

• Like 13
25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I think Drew is still such a blank slate he can be reconceived with any good name actor to be the anti-Jason. I would use that, with the right actor but not right away. Would I cry a river if they killed him again? No. I definitely wouldn't keep Jason around. Anything Jason can still do that has any interest for me is something Steve Burton won't play and he's outlasted his matinee idol years. Move on.

Yes, if they got the right recast, and then followed that with good writing and made him the anti-Jason it would be fantastic, and IMO that would be a much needed character at Mob Central.  I doubt it will ever happen, but this is a fantastic idea. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Yes, if they got the right recast, and then followed that with good writing and made him the anti-Jason it would be fantastic, and IMO that would be a much needed character at Mob Central.  I doubt it will ever happen, but this is a fantastic idea. 

That's who Billy Miller could have, should have been, but the egos that sunk it with him probably would take a run at it again... MB is getting up there and SB is only there for what he can get. At some point, something needs to give... Running off great people does not help the show.

• Like 4

If this were real life, Nina could sue the hell out of Drew and Aurora for firing her. She’s covered by the whistleblower protection act for reporting insider trading. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

If this were real life, Nina could sue the hell out of Drew and Aurora for firing her. She’s covered by the whistleblower protection act for reporting insider trading. 

Drew fired her?!

(edited)
54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

You mean the crime they did not commit.

The writing about all of this was really schizo. Sam and Carly having a franc conversation about what Carly did knowingly, the warnings she got, Drew taking the fall for her and Drew being all about how Nina basically betrayed him. Pick a fucking lane, show.

Nina should buy Olivia's half of MC and kick Aurora out. Carly strutting there with her hair made up like she was heading to prom and her Elvira look was just . . . yeah.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
(edited)

Carly once again is the Queen of Hypocrisy. She talked with Sam earlier about Drew wanting revenge and she seemed to want to turn over a new leaf. Then she swanned into the Crimson offices wearing a huge smirk. Bit of a joke. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I'll say one thing about Esme, she may be a horrible person, but she looks after her kid, and doesn't use him as a pawn.*

*see Carly Roberts Benson

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 9
  • Love 3

Today made me STABBY. Is there anyone with a more punchable face than Carly Corinthos? Drew is a close second. 

And of course, Carly will be the most successful magazine editor the world has ever seen. 

I'm all for Nina teaming up with Cyrus and Esme and burning half of Port Charles down. The half with all the Corninthii adjacent folks in it.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 4
17 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

And of course, Carly will be the most successful magazine editor the world has ever seen. 

Are you telling me Carly is taking over Crimson?  Give me the largest of breaks.  What a joke this show has become.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

LOL at Nina in her giant sunglasses. For a minute there I thought we might get something similar to Hungover!Liz, but we didn't.

Drew is such a petty turd. He fires Nina because she told the truth about the insider trading and he was stupid enough to fall on his sword for Carly. What a douche. And way to totally blow off meeting Sam. I knew Carly would become the new editor. Good grief.

Someone needed to tell Spencer that if Esmé remembering makes her a bad mother, what does that make Nik? He's done much worse things, yet Spencer blithely handed over Ace with barely a second thought. (Laura could use a few more smarts when it comes to Esmé, but she's had less experience with her, and Esmé has done a decent job of listening to Laura.)

Adam needs more than a good friend, Dex. And when did you get your psych degree?

I had to laugh that Portia made things worse with Adam instead of being reassuring. I'm not surprised Portia didn't mention that since Adam is an adult, he can decide who visits him, and he can bar his parents from his room.

Of course Adam's father turns out to be as terrible as Adam said he was. Zzzz. So uninteresting.

• Like 3

I know this is a soap opera and no one needs an education or experience to become an executive, but at least give Crimson to Maxie. She used to work there.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

I miss the days when I could sit down to this show and spend an hour defragging. Now it induces rage attacks.

The only good part of today's episode was Laura reading Spencer for filth. Thank goodness someone isn't following Carly's lead.

Carly: "Bobbie also gave people second chances. Maybe that's what we should be doing for Drew." [unspoken: but never Nina. We must never give Nina any chances.]

I wish Nina would say "I've had enough of being blackmailed" and stick to her guns. Agreeing to resign to save her employees shows that she is 1000X better than Carly. Of course Carly, who is barely literate, is going to run a first class magazine now that she has improved Bobbie's.

And after Nina resigns to save her staff, Drew accuses her of doing it so that she can play the victim. Drew has become as treacherous as Carly. She's a true succubus.

Spencer says that Ace can't be raised by a psychopath so he gave him to a sociopath instead. But now that he can go to France with Trina, to hell with Ace's welfare. This does not make me like Sprina more.

I HATE this Adam storyline with the passion of a thousand suns. Dex saying that Adam loves his parents and feels bad because he disappointed them, Portia not telling the dad that he has no authority to throw Joss out, all the platitudes everyone says ... this is the opposite of a mental health PSA.

On 1/17/2024 at 7:04 PM, Grinaldi said:

Carly and Felicia's one day adventure in human trafficking could have kicked off a whole new story. Instead it appears already forgotten. The only juice this show has had of late came from Bobbie's death and reflections of the BJ story. Is there a single thing from the last few years that would evoke any emotion when brought up a year from now, let alone in 30 years? Frank is keeping the trains runnimg but they are going nowhere.

He is appealing to the lowest denominator, the ones with the knee-jerk reactions loving thug Sonny and wanting Carly and her minions to humiliate Nina again and again. He gets enough reaction to keep the show going but not make it good.

23 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I guess Drewfus is going to try and take Crimson away from Nina. Bitch, the woman has more money than you do. She can buy Aurora and fire you and your dumb dumb nephew/friend. 

Of course Carly forgives Michael right away. There is no conflict between Carly or her children. Whatever conflict there was between her and Sonny is long gone. These protagonists are the most boring vile characters out there.

I'm not even sure why Esme went to Cyrus. How did she even know he was in the hospital?

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I would kill Nik and send Spencer to take care of Cassadine interests overseas while they wait for NChavez status/recast.

Although Spencer has even less education than sainted Michael does. The fortune with melt away.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

I know this is a soap opera and no one needs an education or experience to become an executive, but at least give Crimson to Maxie. She used to work there.

Knowing this garbage writing, they'll have Carly 'woo' Maxie over with grand promises of more money, only to make her Carly's glorified assistant.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I knew Carly would become the new editor. Good grief.

I can not even even with this.  

I hope Crimson tanks. legitimately. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

This show seems to have forgotten that Nina is super-rich. Sue the hell out of Drew/Aurora and create trusts for Wiley/Amelia with the money. Use her own money to create an entirely new magazine from the ground up and bring Maxie with her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Agreeing to resign to save her employees shows that she is 1000X better than Carly. Of course Carly, who is barely literate, is going to run a first class magazine now that she has improved Bobbie's.

And after Nina resigns to save her staff, Drew accuses her of doing it so that she can play the victim.

wait. what happened with the employees?

and of course Drew did this. this my thing. Nina can never win. If she didn't - she'd be heartless because she didnt think of them, and now that she does it she's the victim. 

Just now, LexieLily said:

This show seems to have forgotten that Nina is super-rich. Sue the hell out of Drew/Aurora and create trusts for Wiley/Amelia with the money. Use her own money to create an entirely new magazine from the ground up and bring Maxie with her. 

the reason why she didn't buy Crimson (when Drew was trying to buy the hotel for Carly), was because she pointed out print media was dying and she was doing all she could to keep turning profits for Crimson but no one worth their salt would buy print right now. (which is true.).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Are you telling me Carly is taking over Crimson?  Give me the largest of breaks.  What a joke this show has become.

Oh yeah.  She bigfooted into the Crimson office wearing leather and 1980's hair.  It was so f'ing funny and I'm sure they didn't mean it to be. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

wait. what happened with the employees?

Drew said that if Nina didn't resign, he would close Crimson and all the employees would lose their jobs. So Nina resigned so that they would keep their jobs and then Drew said that he was never going to do that, he only threatened to to make Nina quit. He said that he's already hired a new editor and Carly waltzes in.

Drew really has become a turd.

5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

THIS. Nina needs to create a new magazine that burns Crimson to the ground and Drew learns what it's really like to lose his money.

But of course, the show will never do this. Barely literate Carly will be the best editor evah.

• Like 8

Guys these writers and Frank, are NEVER going to write Carly as being bad at this new job, nor are they going to allow Nina to win.  I watched today live, which is very very rare for me.  SO this is the last I will see of the Elvira fashion CEO.  But don't get your hopes up. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew said that if Nina didn't resign, he would close Crimson and all the employees would lose their jobs. So Nina resigned so that they would keep their jobs and then Drew said that he was never going to do that, he only threatened to to make Nina quit. He said that he's already hired a new editor and Carly waltzes in.

Okay.first of all Drew sucks. 
Second of all... doesn't Nina own some part of Crimson? I feel she did (not all of it like i explained but like some?)

Third of all...Drew is back running the company that he committed insider trading and put his co-conspirator in charge? like. do you think the SEC (or stockholders or anything) wouldn't go. "hey um. what, no." like if you don't know this writers just go ask someone.

• Applause 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Okay.first of all Drew sucks. 
Second of all... doesn't Nina own some part of Crimson? I feel she did (not all of it like i explained but like some?)

Third of all...Drew is back running the company that he committed insider trading and put his co-conspirator in charge? like. do you think the SEC (or stockholders or anything) wouldn't go. "hey um. what, no." like if you don't know this writers just go ask someone.

Nina has an iron clad contract that she can't be fired, so what they did is have Drew threaten to close down Crimson and put everyone there out of work unless Nina signed the letter stepping down.  Then when she signed, he gloated that he never would have done that.  THEN, because Korte realized being willing to sacrifice for her employees would make Nina look good, they had Drew state that Nina only  signed because she loves being a martyr.  THEN, they had their pet walk in looking like Elvira with a huge smirk on her face, that was all Laura Wright.  Oh, they hit all the bases today. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Nina has an iron clad contract that she can't be fired, so what they did is have Drew threaten to close down Crimson and put everyone there out of work unless Nina signed the letter stepping down.  Then when she signed, he gloated that he never would have done that.  THEN, because Korte realized being willing to sacrifice for her employees would make Nina look good, they had Drew state that Nina only  signed because she loves being a martyr.  THEN, they had their pet walk in looking like Elvira with a huge smirk on her face, that was all Laura Wright.  Oh, they hit all the bases today. 

and this is why i don't watch the show anymore. 
but i like chatting with you so i ask questions so i still rage on with y'all lol

I always love that circular Nina argument

Nina is selfish and only thinks about herself ---> does something that benefits EVERYONE but herself ---> Nina only liked being a victim/martyr. 

• Like 6
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

Also no one needs to have a high school understanding of business in order to keep their companies afloat. I'm sure running a successful publication is something anyone could do, so Drew firing Nina without going through any kind of regular business process or an experienced replacement is not going to have any kind of negative effect on the company or revenues. The shareholders should be looking for Drew with pitchforks and torches after all the random decisions.

• Like 3
  • Applause 12
6 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

And with that I am out.  I will just read here, better for my blood pressure

This is exactly how I feel after today.  I'll read here to see what is happening and watch some clips on youtube of the characters I like.  She's a show eater and it won't get better unless LW left, and that ain't happening.  Carly's world baby!

• Like 6
  • Hugs 3
22 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Ladies and gentlemen, a great soap couple! /s

Honestly?  if they were SUPPOSED to be assholes, this would be good writing.  but, no, we're supposed to think them the virtuous ones.  Fuck this show.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It won't. It will go international and rival Vogue. Carly will be the new Anna Wintour. Celebrities and starlets will be begging to be on the cover of this magazine with so much untapped potential because Nina sucks balls. Carly will send it into the stratosphere and we will never hear the end of it because Carly is so great!!!!

But hey, another person who handed Carly something that she did not need to work for or learn anything about. MetroCourt, Kelly's, Crimson. And the list goes on and on. Our independent, strongandbrave Carly, ladies and gentlmen. What a leech.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
  • Applause 11

Wait, whut? I thought Nina owned Crimson?!

This FAKAKTA show. Bobbie's funeral and BJ's ghost was clearly in an alternative universe. Even after Lucky "died", his death affected so many and the characters reacted to it after the funeral. And Alan's.

Gah. Why am I trying to rationalize this?

• Like 6
  • Hugs 2
(edited)

Wait - Nina just talked about getting the Legal department involved (aside: I had no idea that Crimson/Aurora/whatever even had such a thing as a legal department because until now it looks like Drew and Michael run it less efficiently than a lemonade stand) - but she thinks Drew will just shutter Crimson unless she resigns? I'm thinking that Drew would be vulnerable to any number of shareholder lawsuits if he did that. Because it isn't just his money at risk - it is also the money of a lot of other people who don't give a damn about what Nina did or how much time Drew spends with his kid. 

Edited to add that every single one of these people should have their lawyers on speed dial!

Edited by KittyQ
Added a thought.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

I think Drew offered to sell Nina Crimson after Aurora's stock crashed but Nina reminded him that selling the company's most profitable asset was a bad idea.

So I hope this is the start of Drew coming undone, he trashes Aurora, then Jasus rises from the dead and Carly dumps him for being a poor substitute for his brother. 

Can't CM go film a few dozen Hallmark movies and leave us alone. 

( Things I want to see happen, but knows they never will: Jason returns and hooks up with Nina, causing Sonny and Carly's heads to explode  Team #NinJa)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11

This show sucks. Is there room on the barge.

I have no doubt Crimson is going to just flourish under Carly, all employees will lover her and she will inspire loyalty. The employees will come to realize Nina was an awful editor. People will simply beg to work for Carly. Spare me.  Does Carly even have any experience in Publishing or being an editor?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

( Things I want to see happen, but knows they never will: Jason returns and hooks up with Nina, causing Sonny and Carly's heads to explode  Team #NinJa)

That would be great! Other things that won't happen, but should if the show had any relationship to real life: Carly has an editorial meeting and the employees ask her questions that she can't answer and the first edition she puts out gets roundly criticized; Spencer gets arrested for assisting in a kidnapping; an Amber Alert is put out and Nik is caught and goes to jail (as he should); Adam realizes that he isn't cut out to be a doctor and instead gets a job playing guitar at Charlies.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I can not even even with this.  

That’s cute. Not with these Carly worshipping writers. 

(I wish it would tank, also.)

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Use her own money to create an entirely new magazine from the ground up and bring Maxie with her. 

And Sasha. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
8 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I have no doubt Crimson is going to just flourish under Carly, all employees will lover her and she will inspire loyalty. The employees will come to realize Nina was an awful editor. People will simply beg to work for Carly. Spare me.  Does Carly even have any experience in Publishing or being an editor?

Of course not, but I'm sure the sentence "I had no experience running a hotel, or a diner, and I made them both successful" will be uttered within the next week.

Also, let's revisit her saying sure, she wanted the hotel back, but she wanted to do that "on my own."  Now she's, yet again, being gifted something.  

I swear to god, if next up is Nina being forced to give her the MC...

• Like 11
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

This show sucks. Is there room on the barge.

this week's offering: gingerbread blondies here on La Barge. 

4 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

hat would be great! Other things that won't happen, but should if the show had any relationship to real life: Carly has an editorial meeting and the employees ask her questions that she can't answer and the first edition she puts out gets roundly criticized;

honestly. my hope of hope is that she did it to screw Nina - but she has some sense in her pea brain of hers that she can not run an international magazine.  (they did have people flat out tell Nina how much she sucked for buying Carly's hotel, so it would be nice to see some of that Loyalty to Nina but.. its not gonna happen)

• Like 6
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Drew (and Carly) were even premeditated enough to cover their bases in that getting written documentation that Nina voluntarily resigned they can't be sued for wrongful termination due to the whistleblower act. I doubt they/TPTB were smart enough to do that on purpose, but it stood out.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Drew (and Carly) were even premeditated enough to cover their bases in that getting written documentation that Nina voluntarily resigned they can't be sued for wrongful termination due to the whistleblower act. I doubt they/TPTB were smart enough to do that on purpose, but it stood out.

So they can blame Nina for abandoning her employees. They will all love Carly for being loyal to them in contrast to sellout Nina.

28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I swear to god, if next up is Nina being forced to give her the MC...

DON'T PUT IT OUT THERE!!!!

39 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Spare me.  Does Carly even have any experience in Publishing or being an editor?

No, but neither did Michael when he took over ELQ and he is just the most brilliant CEO ever. All hail the Carlys.

This show sucks.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7

So great Drew blackmail Nina using the lives/jobs of everyone at Crimson to get her to resign to hand the job over to Carly who knows nothing.  

But Drew is supposed to be so great a guy?  

What happened to Carly wanting to make it on her own. Lol 

The more the write these 2 the more I hate them and prefer Nina.  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I miss the days when I could sit down to this show and spend an hour defragging. Now it induces rage attacks.

The only good part of today's episode was Laura reading Spencer for filth. Thank goodness someone isn't following Carly's lead.

Same. I’m starving for escapism and I get “they’re going to put me in Hospital” instead.

I think Laura could’ve done a much better job of raking Spencer over the coals though. She was much too nice. It doesn’t matter what Esmé remembers, she is Ace’s mother. Nik has a more checkered past, is on the run from the police, doesn’t have any legal rights to the child, and is a terrible parent to boot.

Irrationally, I’m also side eying Cyrus for betraying Esmé confidence and sending her back into the arms of her psychopath mother.

I muted Drew and hated to see smirking Carly. I watched the last 25 min of the show and it was so rage inducing that I’ll have to cut down even more.

• Like 5
(edited)

This is madness! Carly and Nina could be a great feud but for that to happen both sides have to win sometimes. Alexis Colby won sometimes, so did Dorian, Sally Spectra, the list goes on.

I try not to pile on individual writers unless they are McTavish or Higley, but I am so sick of Korte's Carly fan fiction. Even as someone who is higher on the character and LW than most here, this is stupid. She HAS to lose sometimes. She has to battle back from something.

Why do I want to watch a bunch of assholes pile on a woman who battled back from mental illness and a twenty year coma?

I love Cynthia and want her to stay employed but I am ready for her to go full Annie Dutton on these mofos. But that will never happen because Carly cant be inconvenienced for more than a week.

I don't know what this show is but this is not soap opera.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2