Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Kristina walked in

Lock your door, you nitwits!

26 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That said, I think that Molly is coming from a place of very deep seated resentment of Kristina.

But she just woke up one day with it.  

This. Kristina has always been the flakiest of the Coven, but the rest of them usually just rolled their eyes. Now suddenly Molly can't even be in the same zip code as Kristina, and no on can talk Molly down. "I have too much going on to deal with her!" She's sitting around waiting for an egg to fertilize. I think she can spare a few minutes to reflect a teensy bit on her relationship with one of her sisters.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Oh Lord, I didn't think I could loathe Molly any more than I already do, and it turns out I can. I knew Alexis would be yelling at Kristina when it is Molly that is being psycho, and not a word is said to her. Also Molly's crying at the end was just embarrassing to watch. I am so tired of her whining about her infertility, and TJ is a totally nothing person. I so want Dr Evil to visit Molly a few times with his syringe. Gladys too. I am glad to see Cody got in to see Sasha and is figuring out what's been going on, but I don't know what Dr Evil is going to do to them. I want Sasha's torture over!

I thought Joss was going to have a wardrobe malfunction in that bikini top.

Edited by susannah
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
57 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But she just woke up one day with it.  

That type of resentment builds over a period of time. But this is the problem with the writing on this show, there never is any kind of build-up toward anything.

If you're writing a storyline where Molly can't stand being in the same room as Kristina, then start writing it in a way that the viewers will understand WTF is going on.

Instead, they write Molly as making a huge deal about Kristina breathing the same air as her. She hates it that Kristina can have babies but she can't. 

Maybe the writers could have attempted to explore Molly's character a little more before giving her this storyline. Molly is an overachiever, a perfectionist, and also a control freak, and her body has betrayed her. 

But no. One day, Molly came back on screen 2-3 times a week, and is completely unhinged and should come with a trigger warning sign flashing across her chest or her forehead.

The writers make it really hard to care about anything to do with the characters when there is no set up for anything.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

That type of resentment builds over a period of time. But this is the problem with the writing on this show, there never is any kind of build-up toward anything.

If you're writing a storyline where Molly can't stand being in the same room as Kristina, then start writing it in a way that the viewers will understand WTF is going on.

Instead, they write Molly as making a huge deal about Kristina breathing the same air as her. She hates it that Kristina can have babies but she can't. 

Maybe the writers could have attempted to explore Molly's character a little more before giving her this storyline. Molly is an overachiever, a perfectionist, and also a control freak, and her body has betrayed her. 

But no. One day, Molly came back on screen 2-3 times a week, and is completely unhinged and should come with a trigger warning sign flashing across her chest or her forehead.

The writers make it really hard to care about anything to do with the characters when there is no set up for anything.

Excellent suggestions on how this Molly story could have been interesting.  It's awful right now.  I'm not complaining too much because I actually like a lot of other storylines right now.  But what a damn shame what they did to the Davis girls.  I do think Kate is killing it as Kristina, but the writing and also nuMolly  are destroying it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I foresee a struggle between Cody and Dr. Evil wherein Dr. Evil gets jabbed with the 'forget you ever met me' drug. Then Sasha and Cody walk away scot free and Gladys gets to keep control of Sasha's finances AND skate on her part of having Sasha locked up in the first place. I don't like it, but it's how I see it playing out.

Carly: "I don't like carrying this burden" or words to that effect. To which I reply bullcrap! She thrives on it and loves lording it over Nina that Brick came to Carly first.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Again, I couldn't agree more w/most of the Molly/Kristina comments. Every day, I learn to hate Molly more. LOL! She's awful. 

I know the writers had two new actresses in the roles and wanted to give them some drama, but this just wasn't it . . . or as @YaddaYadda pointed out, they got here too fast. If they wanted to show some resentment from Molly to Kristina (b/c that's the only way it seems to be flowing), they should have built it up over a few months or so. Have Kristina remark on the new way Molly is treating her or the growing distance btw them. Show Molly slowly being frustrated by Kristina. Have TJ point out her newfound frustrations, etc. Tell a story. 

You don't skip all the beats and just rewrite the characters AND retcon their history. There was never any animosity or resentment btw Molly and Kristina. They were always supportive and loving to each other. You can't change all that w/the flick of a pen and expect the audience to just accept it. They've ruined Molly. She's insufferable! TJ too. They are both awful when it comes to Kristina. It makes no sense even w/the new writing. Kristina hasn't been bothering them that I've seen. Even today she was going to leave but Molly just had to make a nasty comment. Ugh.

I just can't w/Molly. My sympathies lie w/Kristina. She was going to offer to do something nice for her sister, and Molly has resented her and been cruel to her ever since. Kristina is right to go "no contact" w/Molly. I wouldn't deal w/her either, and I wouldn't care what my mother said. Someone needs to tell Molly about herself at this point. I'm sick of everyone coming down on Kristina when Molly is being the bitch. At this point, I'm happily waiting for the surrogacy to blow up in her face. I can't wait to see her in pain! I hate Molly. lol

• Like 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I foresee a struggle between Cody and Dr. Evil wherein Dr. Evil gets jabbed with the 'forget you ever met me' drug. Then Sasha and Cody walk away scot free and Gladys gets to keep control of Sasha's finances AND skate on her part of having Sasha locked up in the first place. I don't like it, but it's how I see it playing out.

I'm thinking that either Gladys or Dr. Evil is on the short list for guest of honor at a murder mystery.  As long as Sasha isn't the accused, it's fine by me. 🙂

• Like 5

How exactly is Spencer supposed to spend time with Ace if he doesn't also spend time with Esmé? I get that Joss and Trina don't like Esmé, but she's Ace's mom. They need to suck it up and at least allow Spencer to utter her name when he's talking about the giant cute baby. 

On a positive note, the swimsuits Joss and Trina were wearing were very cute.

I don't know what Nina expected from Carly. No interaction between those two has indicated Carly will ever not take every opportunity to snipe at Nina and be as  unhelpful as possible.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Carly: "I don't like carrying this burden" or words to that effect. To which I reply bullcrap! She thrives on it and loves lording it over Nina that Brick came to Carly first.

Also: "It's not a competition." Oh, really, Carly? It's always a competition when you're dealing with Nina. 

What does Evil Shrink have to do to make Gladys finally drop the dime on him? She's as responsible for what's happen to Sasha as he is at this point.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Molly has become so unhinged that I thought she was going to take the stuffed horse's head off the way she grabbed the thing.

So did I, really! His legs, too. Totally psycho.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What does Evil Shrink have to do to make Gladys finally drop the dime on him? She's as responsible for what's happen to Sasha as he is at this point.

IMO she has been as responsible as he from the beginning. Maybe she didn't know he was drugging Sasha, maybe she did, but she was using Sasha as her ATM this whole time, as someone who supposedly was looking out for her, and paving the way for Sasha's further abuse.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
46 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm thinking that either Gladys or Dr. Evil is on the short list for guest of honor at a murder mystery. 

I was so sure one of them - either/or - was gonna get murdered today, but nothin'. The wonky camera angles and that sketchy alley place led me astray. Disappointment!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Also: "It's not a competition." Oh, really, Carly? It's always a competition when you're dealing with Nina. 

And also "we have to work together" right after she berated her for coming to her for information/advice.

39 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

I guess maybe Molly's tears at the end means she might just be done with her feud with Kristina and is ready to reconcile??

I feel bad for Mr. Squiggles (or whatever that stuffed horse's name is) having to deal with her.  Maybe Moss needs to reach out and give him tips on how to deal with insufferable people.  But, for real, Alexis yelling at Kristina?  C'mon, she knows what the deal is here and she's acting like both daughters have fueled this stupid feud equally.

Joss is such a brat.  She can get all snippy for Spencer simply mentioning Esme's name and then stomps off like a four-year-old when he made that quip about Dex.  Because she can be an asshole, but no one is allowed to treat her the same.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss is such a brat.  She can get all snippy for Spencer simply mentioning Esme's name and then stomps off like a four-year-old when he made that quip about Dex.  Because she can be an asshole, but no one is allowed to treat her the same.

Was asking if Dex was arrested too even a snarky comment? It’s not Spencer’s fault she’s dating a mob lackey who’s suddenly too busy for her. Joss has made bitch her entire personality trait and it’s unfortunate that her constant lashing out is ignored. 

• Like 14
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate the character of Carly so much that I wish that it was her in Ferncliff instead of Sasha.

The writers are not helping either.  So this lady, with 5 million in savings, just got a waterfront cafe for a buck, however will Carly survive?

Shut up Joss (but nice pool outfit).

I am liking this Josh Kelly hire more and more but it means that I am liking Dante less and less.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

If Cody frees us all from this Sasha story I'll be a fan.

Nina needs to be done with Gladys. Lock Gladys up and call the cops. 

Spencer and Trina's scenes don't have much chemistry.  He more animated talking about Ace/Esme.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I just can't w/Molly. My sympathies lie w/Kristina. She was going to offer to do something nice for her sister, and Molly has resented her and been cruel to her ever since. Kristina is right to go "no contact" w/Molly. I wouldn't deal w/her either, and I wouldn't care what my mother said. Someone needs to tell Molly about herself at this point.

I get that Alexis misses her sister and doesn’t want her daughters throwing away their relationship but she and her sister also didn’t have a toxic relationship and were really close so the comparison wasn’t great. If someone had told her to grovel and fall in line with Stefan during one of the times he was being a complete asshole towards her because they’re family, I doubt she would react any better than Kristina is with her sibling. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I guess maybe Molly's tears at the end means she might just be done with her feud with Kristina and is ready to reconcile??

Well whether Molly is done or not, I hope even if she tells Kristina she has seen the error of her ways, that Kristina tells her to go pound sand. Alot. I also wish Alexis would wake up and see how cruel Molly has been, and that everyone needs to stop coddling her. Alexis needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with her, and I know she can do it!

Did anyone think that Chase and Brooklynn were being quite rude to Gregory? Brooklynn was throwing pieces of pizza around with her hands, and then she and Chase were turned to each other, and ignoring him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, susannah said:

Did anyone think that Chase and Brooklynn were being quite rude to Gregory? Brooklynn was throwing pieces of pizza around with her hands, and then she and Chase were turned to each other, and ignoring him.

I think we were supposed to see that scene as Chase and Brooklynn being so enamored of each other that they don't really see Gregory, and Gregory being happy to see his son being happy. To the point where he can't spoil it by divulging his ALS diagnosis.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Molly has become so unhinged that I thought she was going to take the stuffed horse's head off the way she grabbed the thing.

omg it would be hilariously unhinged if she did that and then put the head in Kristina's bed.  Right now, it would be totally in character for her too!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
37 minutes ago, CeChase said:

omg it would be hilariously unhinged if she did that and then put the head in Kristina's bed.  Right now, it would be totally in character for her too!

It would have added great comedic value to the whole thing and nobody on this board would have been shocked if she'd done it.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I get that Alexis misses her sister and doesn’t want her daughters throwing away their relationship but she and her sister also didn’t have a toxic relationship and were really close so the comparison wasn’t great. If someone had told her to grovel and fall in line with Stefan during one of the times he was being a complete asshole towards her because they’re family, I doubt she would react any better than Kristina is with her sibling. 

And the thing is, even if Kristina did grovel?  Molly is acting like such a jerk that she'd probably accuse her of playing the victim (again) and doing it for attention.  She's totally irrational right now about Kristina and nothing she says or does will appease her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think we were supposed to see that scene as Chase and Brooklynn being so enamored of each other that they don't really see Gregory, and Gregory being happy to see his son being happy. To the point where he can't spoil it by divulging his ALS diagnosis.

Same, but I also thought: Gregory, now is the time to tell Chase, when he is happy and has a girlfriend who will support him through what's to come. I bet Chase will find out when he discovers Gregory frozen on the floor or something equally dumb. Just tell him!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

It would have added great comedic value to the whole thing and nobody on this board would have been shocked if she'd done it.

I'd applaud it. At least it would fit in with her current characterization.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, susannah said:

Brooklynn was throwing pieces of pizza around with her hands

I just noticed how stone cold the pizza was, that she could pick up a slice and it was as stiff as a piece of cardboard. 

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 7

I get Chase is Gregory’s kid but he’s like 30. They talk about him like he’s a small child who can’t possibly handle bad news. He’s a police detective ffs. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

Hey, Joss, remember that sentiment - It's not your fault, Sonny did the crime. - when the truth comes out about Nina dropping a dime on Carly and Drew. What's that you say? It's totally different when it's Carly? Sure, girl. We see you.

• Like 6
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I get Chase is Gregory’s kid but he’s like 30. They talk about him like he’s a small child who can’t possibly handle bad news. He’s a police detective ffs. 

Seriously. And it's not as if there's ever a good time to tell your kid you've got a fatal neurodegenerative disease. The longer Gregory waits to tell Chase, the more angry Chase is going to be that he was out of the loop.

2 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Hey, Joss, remember that sentiment - It's not your fault, Sonny did the crime. - when the truth comes out about Nina dropping a dime on Carly and Drew. What's that you say? It's totally different when it's Carly? Sure, girl. We see you.

But, but, Carly and Drew didn't make any money from the insider trading! That is totally different from when Sonny always wins in the bidness.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I did not miss Curtis one bit. Now that I think about it, it was very nice not seeing or hearing about him. Even less did I miss Portia and her need to control the people close to her, or Anna and her hair shirt.

Is anyone surprised that black T-shirt Jason Jr. now thinks of Sonny as a father figure and doesn't want him to go to jail?

Shockingly, for me the best parts of the episode were Eddie recording and Leo's reactions, and Cody breaking Sasha out of the prison hospital. Or maybe that's a comment on the rest of the episode.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

YAY, Cody rescued Sasha!!!! Loved how they left Dr Evil also, and too bad they didn't give him a dose of his own medicine while they were at it.  I am sure he had it on him. I really don't like Nurse Janice. She just screams crooked. I am not an expert on regional accents at all but Olivia sounds to me more of a stereotypical Jersey way, even though I know she is from New York. I thought maybe she would go in and sing with Eddie.

Really sick of Curtis and Portia and Trina and their pity parties all day and night, and don't like how they are writing Anna. She has always been a badass, and now she's all weepy and wimpy.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I laughed when I saw that Cody was wearing Dr. Evil's suit. He should have looked like Urkel in that. But I guess it was a one size fit all

I didn't mind Curtis as much as I thought I would. But I did mind Portia. It wasn't her call to tell Anna anything. If Curtis was okay sitting with her and they were having a pretty cordial conversation and he didn't kick her out, then it wasn't Portia's place to tell her not to come around again. I don't know, maybe Curtis needs to see more than the 3-4 faces he sees on the daily.

Portia is another control freak, though. She's trying to control her daughter's love life, she manipulated things so that Esme and Spencer would be spending more time together and now this.

I didn't care for Eddie Maine recording music, but I like Leo. 

• Like 5

I am so over Anna's watery boo hoo eyes. She has been a blubbering, foolish, incompetent mess since she hooked up with Valentin. They are gonna have to break them up for her to ever get her mojo back. 

If Portia goes Joan Crawford crazy trying to control Curtis, Trina, Spencer and now Anna, it could be fun.  

Nice to see that Cody puts safety first and takes ample time to buckle Sasha in when fleeing an insane asylum after assaulting a doctor and kidnapping a patient with alarm bells blaring. 😁 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I would laugh so hard if it turned out that someone had found the smashed drive Dex threw away and reconstructed it, and that's why Sonny was arrested.

I hope Sasha stays rescued. I can't keep watching this torture porn they're putting her through.

If the bullet had been meant for Curtis, would that make his paralysis better or worse? I'm glad Curtis has been able to look at things with very healthy perspective. 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I did mind Portia. It wasn't her call to tell Anna anything. If Curtis was okay sitting with her and they were having a pretty cordial conversation and he didn't kick her out, then it wasn't Portia's place to tell her not to come around again. I don't know, maybe Curtis needs to see more than the 3-4 faces he sees on the daily.

Same. Get a grip, Portia, and let Curtis start living his life again. She should be thrilled he wants to see other people, but instead she's hovering in a gross way. He's not incapacitated.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is anyone surprised that black T-shirt Jason Jr. now thinks of Sonny as a father figure and doesn't want him to go to jail?

Sonny the sainted mobster. Gah.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Nice to see that Cody puts safety first and takes ample time to buckle Sasha in when fleeing an insane asylum after assaulting a doctor and kidnapping a patient with alarm bells blaring. 😁 

I know! I was like, forget buckling up for a minute and get the hell out of there!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

She has been a blubbering, foolish, incompetent mess since she hooked up with Valentin

...thought she was Peter August's mom.

General-Hospital-Spoilers-Anna-Devane-Fi

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 9

So Sonny is a father figure to Dex and if Sonny goes to prison, it wil leave a huge hole in Dex’s life. Just what Sonny needs…another kid even if this one is fully grown. 

Really surprised Dr. Evil only ended up in his skivvies and tied up. I was sure there would be a struggle and Cody would find the syringe.

Portia seriously needs a healing helping dose of STFU. I just can’t deal with her.

agree with everyone here that weepy Anna is incredibly boring. Would someone please remind her she was a kid ass spy once upon a time? And to he doesn’t need to moon over a man ? If you want to know what Valentin is up to, Ask him. And tell him you know he’s been lying this whole time. So he better be straight with you or you’re gone. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Get a grip, Portia, and let Curtis start living his life again. She should be thrilled he wants to see other people, but instead she's hovering in a gross way. He's not incapacitated.

It's the same thing that she does with Trina, blaming everything on another person, in Trina's case Spencer, in Curtis' Anna. As if she can keep the people she owns safe by projecting all the evil onto another person and keeping that person away.

Trina would be a lot safer if Joss and her mob family were the ones kept away from her, not Spencer.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Trina would be a lot safer if Joss and her mob family were the ones kept away from her, not Spencer.

This. She railed about Sonny and Anna doing dangerous things, then just hanging out in public spaces where anyone can be a target. It's not like she's wrong about what she said. But Joss's boyfriend is one of Sonny's flunkies and I don't see her reading Joss for filth over it and how it endangers her daughter's life or telling Trina she can't hang out with Joss anymore because of Dex.

The writing is dumb. Apply the rules to everyone or have a tall glass of STFU. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Apply the rules to everyone or have a tall glass of STFU. 

In yesterday's episode the writers reminded us (via acting student Dex) that Sonny has principles.  Despite engaging in illegal activity, Sonny's integrity and values surpass acting student Dex's world-weary experiences w/r/t the integrity and values of legitimate businessmen. 

Revenge-laden Portia is more entertaining to watch whining Portia.

Nice to see DT finally put in a day's work (at least his scenes with Anna were ok). 

Maura West rocks!

Those guitar-playing scenes were cringe-worthy.  Someone should take that axe and microphone away from Ned but the extras in the recording studio were solid.  At least there weren't any 'Tracy is a horrible person' lines of dialogue today.

15 hours ago, ciarra said:
16 hours ago, TVbitch said:

She has been a blubbering, foolish, incompetent mess since she hooked up with Valentin

...thought she was Peter August's mom.

I'll go back even farther and say since the #JusticeforDewk days. It's been a looong haul, people.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

In yesterday's episode the writers reminded us (via acting student Dex) that Sonny has principles.  Despite engaging in illegal activity, Sonny's integrity and values surpass acting student Dex's world-weary experiences w/r/t the integrity and values of legitimate businessmen. 

When Sonny dies, he'll go straight to the pearly gates where the messianic figures will fight over whose seat he gets to take.

I want him to take my seat. No my seat. No mine!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

I might be in the minority but Ned singing has always made me cringe. I don’t think WK has a bad voice per se but it’s more suited to musicals than rock music. At least they’ve stopped pretending like college co-eds would be thirsting over his music because no parts of Eddie Maine has ever been believable to me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Someone should take that axe and microphone away from Ned but the extras in the recording studio were solid. 

I was wondering if coverall girl was wearing a bra.   If not, her opaque top was showing a lot of side boob.

• Like 1

I’m catching up after being on vacation and just watched last Friday’s episode that included Sonny being arrested. I thought it was overall a good episode and the juxtaposition between Cyrus preaching to his bible study attendees and the various other things happening, especially with Sonny, was very interesting. I did think the show was suggesting at the end that Cyrus or someone working for him was the one who dropped the dime on Sonny

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 3

A friend who hadn't watched GH in a lot of years came over yesterday as I was recording it off the air,  and due to my old-fashioned recording technology we couldn't start watching the DVD he brought till it was over. I therefore whiled away the time by telling him the full story of the Misfortunes of Sasha, from her and Brando's baby dying up to Thursday's cliffhanger with Dr. Evil coming into the room, to show him why I had to have the whole of the next episode. What I noticed was that, told all at once, that whole series of events made a dyn-o-mite story. They stretched it out WAY too much, with way WAY too many instances of Dr. Evil shooting up Sasha with the paranoia drug, but the basic facts are very compelling. Since Cody took steps to get in and rescue her and there was hope, this has been my favourite current plot strand.

And then they gave me what I wanted! Hooray! I hope they write lots of aftercare and recovery and successful fighting of Dr. Evil and Gladys as they try to retrieve their disaster. Plus Mac finally finding out Cody is his son, for God's sake. Did his scene with Felicia foreshadow any progress on this?

Well, I handwaved that seat belt action as a PSA-- ALWAYS use your seat belt, children-- but it reminded me of a Grade Z horror movie of the 1940s whose title I forget. The hero and heroine screech up to the sinister mansion in his convertible, they have to get in to save the day and every second counts, but the hero gets out of the car on his side, goes around the back of it and politely opens the door for the heroine, as was the custom at that time. She waits for him to do this. Riiiight.

• Like 7
20 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I might be in the minority but Ned singing has always made me cringe. I don’t think WK has a bad voice per se but it’s more suited to musicals than rock music. At least they’ve stopped pretending like college co-eds would be thirsting over his music because no parts of Eddie Maine has ever been believable to me. 

Totally agree. Though I cringe at any actor on a soap singing. 

12 hours ago, Corvino said:

And then they gave me what I wanted! Hooray! I hope they write lots of aftercare and recovery and successful fighting of Dr. Evil and Gladys as they try to retrieve their disaster. Plus Mac finally finding out Cody is his son, for God's sake. Did his scene with Felicia foreshadow any progress on this?

Same. This part of the storyline is reminding me of old school soap and I’m kind of looking forward to it. I keep thinking they’ll end up in some remote cabin while Sasha recovers. 

Though I probably shouldn’t get my hopes up…

• Like 5
21 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don't think you are, tbh. Anyone one of the actors who start singing gets an automatic mute in this house. I find all of them cringey as hell.

I think the one who really had some musical chops was the actor who played Cam. The rest are good for the trash bin.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I was pleasantly surprised that Cody and Sasha actually managed to break out…could this actually signal an end to this storyline, or an unfortunate red herring?

So Curtis and Anna have an adult conversation then we get controlling Portia and weepy Anna to wipe that away. It feels like the writers really only have two go-to modes for the stronger female characters: bitch mode (Joss, Carly, Portia, Molly) or wimpy mode (Anna, Nina). Have they forgotten OG Nina with her list of those she was seeking revenge against? At this point Ava seems like the only female character written with much complexity.

The recording studio scenes seemed mostly  like a lot of filler.

I’d rather watch a Jardiance commercial than the Molly/Kristina “conflict.”

Apropos of nothing, I really want those Pikeman crates to be full of Deceptors. This show needs some silly, soapy twist and I’ll take anything. 

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

I didn’t mind the recording studio scenes. Leo is such a cutie plus WK’s voice isn’t too bad. My son is a sound engineer so I guess I’m biased. 
Count me in for the happy party for Sasha. I’m so sickened by the torture porn this character has had to deal with. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1