Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

GAH. The last 10 minutes were cut off. What happened after Danny said "Dad?" The show returned; showed Chase and Weeping Willow; then returned to Jaysus, and then cut off.

I couldn't make it through Mooby's hypocritical, lying, smuggery with Nikolas. Tyler's Nikolas had no fucking use for this Vito/Michael Corleone wannabe. WHY are they doing this? Because Bernard's popularity is tanking? Everyone else must be sacrificed at the altar of this stuttering, marble-mouthed, talentless asshole?

And while I understand Spencer's anger toward Nik, this twerp wasn't alone. He had Laura. And I call bullshit to his rant that he didn't care if they didn't have anymore money. This twerp loved to lord it over everyone how rich he was and how he could do anything, whenever and however he wanted. Granted, I didn't watch when he was still a pre-tween when Cam was still 10ish, and that stupid "TRIANGLE" with these toddlers.

Did Nik tell Mooby to Fuck off in network acceptable terms? Like Mooby considers Spencer his family. GTFO with that noise. I'm tempted to go off on Frank on Twitter. Not that it would do any good; he'd probably block me. Like I would care.

I wish they had flash backed to when Robert gave the didgeridoo to Emma when Robert said it was a family tradition! I had a huge ass grin on my face when Anna said "No! Not ever!" It was so nice to see the Anna I know and love. Oh, wait. It's probably what @dubbel zout said: That was more Finola, and less Anna.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

well at least we got a flashback of Dante.

I must say, DZ has aged well, but he doesn't seem to have done all that much since he left GH.

Also, Dante is not cured, has made no progress. Guess at least there are people who still care about Dante. Meanwhile, not as much as a service for Drew.

This show makes me so bitter.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not true when it comes to Laura.

Let me put it this way, the show can't think of what else to do for her without compromising her character.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Let me put it this way, the show can't think of what else to do for her without compromising her character.

What else is new? This is true of every character NOT Mooby or SheBeast. But Laura does have moments of awesomeness; and she's not totally up Mooby's ass.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thank youuuuuu!!!!!

You're welcome, anything for a fellow Scorpios lover!!

The capper for me was this clip.  Say what you will about Brooklyn Silzer's current acting skills as a tween/teen, but her 7 year old self kicks ass here.  From the first, confused/wtf "Mommy" as she spots Robin at the back, to the pushing through the joined hands (excellent visual there from whichever director), to the absolutely heartbreaking "Mommy" just before she jumps into Kim's arms.  The expression on Mac and Lucy's faces.  And Robin's "Mommy's here"  Kills me. Every. time.

(at the 13:23 min mark)

• Love 5

I did quite enjoy Chase getting lectured by Willow and Finn, on the political incorrectness of beating a piñata.

Was it inappropriate for me to detect some sexual chemistry between Robert and Olivia?  Then again TR is so charismatic he can generate that with anyone.

Gah all the flashbacks!  Change the name of this show to Scenes from Yesterday.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, Dante is not cured, has made no progress.

I guess that was to explain his continued absence, but it doesn't say much for the highly specialized, intensive care the WSB is supposedly giving him. Why not just say he's improving slowly but still needs a lot of therapy? The same point gets made without making Dante sound like a hopeless case.

23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The expression on Mac and Lucy's faces. 

The first expression we see of Sabrina is hilariously sour. TC played that well.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You're welcome, anything for a fellow Scorpios lover!!

The capper for me was this clip.  Say what you will about Brooklyn Silzer's current acting skills as a tween/teen, but her 7 year old self kicks ass here.  From the first, confused/wtf "Mommy" as she spots Robin at the back, to the pushing through the joined hands (excellent visual there from whichever director), to the absolutely heartbreaking "Mommy" just before she jumps into Kim's arms.  The expression on Mac and Lucy's faces.  And Robin's "Mommy's here"  Kills me. Every. time.

(at the 13:23 min mark)

God, yes! I went down that rabbit hole last night after watching your clip! I still get irked at Felix's throwing dirty looks at Robin for DARING to show up alive. But in an unintentionally funny way, Sabrina's "My almost-husband with his not-dead wife" just makes me 😂

20 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Was it inappropriate for me to detect some sexual chemistry between Robert and Olivia?  Then again TR is so charismatic he can generate that with anyone.

Gah all the flashbacks!  Change the name of this show to Scenes from Yesterday.

I know that LLC is a big fan of TR and frankly ever since I saw their first scenes, I've wanted to see them paired up and every scene afterwards, I think the same thing. I think they have great chemistry actually. Way, way more than her and Ned.

As for the flashbacks, if it helps give us new episodes until they actors can start filming again, I'm all for it.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, Dante is not cured, has made no progress.

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess that was to explain his continued absence, but it doesn't say much for the highly specialized, intensive care the WSB is supposedly giving him. Why not just say he's improving slowly but still needs a lot of therapy? The same point gets made without making Dante sound like a hopeless case.

It's so lame, because I think, at least now, PTSD is something that is taken seriously, and so many who suffer from it, don't need to do it in silence, or have their condition dismissed.

But it's par for the course for Hack!Frank! and his Hacks. I expected Robert to say there was some progress, but that Dante's still got a long way to go. Or he's getting better, and at least show him talking to Rocco on the phone, and not FaceTime, since Dominic isn't on the show anymore. Hell, use the wig on a stick Guzasshole did for Laura when Genie was off the show!

8 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I know that LLC is a big fan of TR and frankly ever since I saw their first scenes, I've wanted to see them paired up and every scene afterwards, I think the same thing. I think they have great chemistry actually. Way, way more than her and Ned.

As for the flashbacks, if it helps give us new episodes until they actors can start filming again, I'm all for it.

Oh I get it, and appreciate it, but many of these flashbacks are from one or two days ago which makes things very repetitive.  I do actually enjoy the ones that go farther back- like it was nice to see Dante, and scenes of Finn&Hayden - he was so much more likable when they were together.

Edited by Kiki777
:-)
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

as it inappropriate for me to detect some sexual chemistry between Robert and Olivia?  Then again TR is so charismatic he can generate that with anyone.

I notice it whenever they are on the screen together or what @driver18 said

• Love 2

I think the point of Robert and Olivia's scenes was about giving them scenes than about Dante's progress. I think they might do something with them, they're having too many scenes together

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I went down that rabbit hole

Me too!!  Even the beginning, when Nik and Britt show up, looking for, what was then, baby Ben.  Then  Nik finds Robin.  Man, that was just awesome.  Kim and Tyler brought it.  And as much as I don't hate Marcus' version of Nikolas, there really is no comparison.  TC really is Nikolas Cassadine.    The Britt/Faison scenes were excellent too.  I miss that with the dreck we see now.  

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Me too!!  Even the beginning, when Nik and Britt show up, looking for, what was then, baby Ben.  Then  Nik finds Robin.  Man, that was just awesome.  Kim and Tyler brought it.  And as much as I don't hate Marcus' version of Nikolas, there really is no comparison.  TC really is Nikolas Cassadine.    The Britt/Faison scenes were excellent too.  I miss that with the dreck we see now.  

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And then there was Maxie finding out Robin was alive....

Taking response to History Thread.

3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Oh I get it, and appreciate it, but many of these flashbacks are from one or two days ago which makes things very repetitive.  I do actually enjoy the ones that go farther back- like it was nice to see Dante, and scenes of Finn&Hayden - he was so much more likable when they were together.

Again, I just don't have a problem with the flashbacks at all if they help extend the show.

Now, I get the reason why they showed the Finn/Hayden stuff, but personally could have done without those other than they showed how horribly she treated him. I MUCH prefer him and Anna as a couple and I find him just as appealing now as I ever did.

I will say that the one small scene between him and Elizabeth reminded me how very, very much I would love to see Finn and Elizabeth tried out as a pairing SO HARD.

• Love 1

Elizabeth has good friend vibes with men—her hangover after Patrick's bachelor party is still one of my favorite scenes with them—but she's so overlooked as a romantic interest. BH generates chemistry with so many people, and who does Elizabeth get stuck with? Franco. Ugh. He's better off with Ava, I think. I like how they try to curb each other's worst instincts but aren't always successful.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think the point of Robert and Olivia's scenes was about giving them scenes than about Dante's progress. I think they might do something with them, they're having too many scenes together

I sure hope so!

• Love 2

The flashbacks already make the show borderline unwatchable but I would hope they try to stick to ones that people might actually want to see. Today’s have been mostly Peter who is probably one of the most universally disliked characters. Even fans who can’t agree on anything else agree on their dislike of him. 

• Love 4

The snake being in Ava's purse made so much more sense.  And, I don't mind a bit of misdirection, but, seriously, why was Charlotte carrying around the piñata exhorting Finn to be careful with it?  Misdirection has to at least make sense.  And, Charlotte trying to get someone else to take her turn didn't make sense either way.  The piñata's not going to break on the first pull.

And, the string pull thing was stupid. I know they explained it the other day, but honestly, kids want to hit the darn thing.  PC culture gone amok.

• Love 3

Obviously nobody has adequately explained to Danny why his parents have to be apart. I'm not surprised Sam and Jason haven't—they are the worst—but I'd have thought Monica might have said something, given how she's the one they spend the kids spend the most time with.

Those flashbacks of Sam and Jason talking just show what an idiot Sam is being. The look on her face was thisclose to her either sticking her fingers in her ears and yelling "Lalalala, I can't hear you" or throwing herself on the floor kicking and screaming. 

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

The snake being in Ava's purse made so much more sense.

How did Charlotte know Ava would be at the party? Charlotte didn't want to be there in the first place. And again, why not just booby-trap Wyndemere? Charlotte could say she needed/forgot something and then do her worst. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Why all the red herrings with the snake? Why would Charlotte care if someone dropped the pinata or pulled the string too early if the snake wasn't in there?  Kinda dumb...

• Love 3

Maybe the snake got out somehow and got in to her purse. I mean there's no guarantee that Ava would have gotten into her purse again, especially with everyone around. Although it was weird that Charlotte immediately dove for the candy with everyone else if she thought the snake was in there. So I dunno. Or maybe she just wasn't afraid of the snake. 

The Maxie/Peter flashbacks were ENDLESS. We didn't need 10 minutes of that. 

Gee, Ava, maybe the reason you and Nik aren't happy is because you're in a business arrangement, not a love match. Is that really so hard to figure out? And it's still super gross Ava is trying to have Elizabeth and Nik get together. So much for your good friend Franco.

I really want the Willow/Michael marriage to backfire—spectacularly.

24 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Why all the red herrings with the snake?

The DRAMA. Weren't you on tenterhooks? I certainly was.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Maxie/Peter flashbacks were ENDLESS. We didn't need 10 minutes of that. 

There was a total of 31 flashbacks today.  At about 30 seconds to a minute each, that's half the show.  That's nuts even if they're trying to stretch out what they've got left.  

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

t's still super gross Ava is trying to have Elizabeth and Nik get together. So much for your good friend Franco.

I don't know what the writers are doing here.  Sometimes they're making it look like Ava and Nik are trying to set each other up to cheat to get out of the marriage but then days like today, where Ava's praising Liz for Franco's happyness then complaining about her lack of marriage with Nik, like she really wants to make it work, confuses me.  

But then, a lot of things confuse me right now.  

• Love 4

Kudos to Chase today for telling Willow to either go for it and marry Michael or back off for good about obsessing over Wiley. He's the only sane one left in that quad. Willow has made Nelle into Cruella de Vil, Sasha is a mini-Carly only less possessive of Michael than Carly is of Jason, and Michael is just wallpaper.

Otherwise, except for the sparking between Robert and Olivia, this episode was sooo boring. And why is Maxie trying to match her clothes to her hair (both grey and black)?

LOL at Sonny acting all tough that Cyrus is scared of him. Why would Cyrus even go through Jason?

The Avery kid is cute but she can't act. On the other hand, Charlotte over-acts for her.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

LOL at Sonny acting all tough that Cyrus is scared of him. Why would Cyrus even go through Jason?

Their whole exchange cracked me up. If the show weren't so committed to never having Jason and Sonny lose, Cyrus could be a decent antagonist. Jeff Kober is very good at being evil, and of course blows MB off the screen whenever they're together. Which I think is probably why most of his scenes so far have been with SBu. Jason's lack of reaction works a lot better than Sonny's whisper-threats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Their whole exchange cracked me up. If the show weren't so committed to never having Jason and Sonny lose, Cyrus could be a decent antagonist. Jeff Kober is very good at being evil, and of course blows MB off the screen whenever they're together. Which I think is probably why most of his scenes so far have been with SBu. Jason's lack of reaction works a lot better than Sonny's whisper-threats.

Speaking of which, I saw shades of the Anna I loved when Jaysus tried to find out if the WSB was after Cyrus, cutting him off, telling him she wouldn't tell him; and when he tried to "'splain" how she might need "back up" she was all, "I can take care of myself" with that huge grin. And then he stood there, trying to think real hard* of another stupid excuse, when Danny showed up. And then she left.

Dare I hope, the real Anna will return to us?

*line from Look Who's Talking when Mikey pooped in his diapers when he was visiting his sperm donor.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The DRAMA. Weren't you on tenterhooks? I certainly was.

I sense the sarcasm, but I actually kind of was.  I mean not to a horrific degree.  I didn't think the show was going to kill off a passel of children.  

And why would Anna think that Robert would be dying to watch Violet pull a piñata ribbon off?  Is he that close with Violet?  does he have an especial love for unicorn pinatas? A love of candy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Who leaves their purse unattended at a party with 30+ children and adults?

And the little snot still has her horse.  Why is she the one acting out?  I would think Rocco (much as I dislike the actor) should be the one going off the deep end -- after all, he can't get good french toast with Dante gone.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

The flashbacks are making me not want to watch. I like the show, but I hope if they're trying to get more viewers it doesn't work. 

I feel like Ava's talk to Liz was just trying to get her to go comfort Nikolas or something, go be there for him. She's still wanting him to cheat. I just don't see it with Ava and Nik. I know a lot of people have wanted them to fall in love, but I never have. Maybe back before he was "killed off" but not now. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There was a total of 31 flashbacks today.  At about 30 seconds to a minute each, that's half the show.  That's nuts even if they're trying to stretch out what they've got left.  

Is that why there were so many?? I was catching up and had to come here to find out what the fuck was up with all these flashbacks. I ended up deleting two shows before it even finished. 

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I probably would if I knew most of them.  But, I'm generally way too trusting.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I probably would if I knew most of them.  But, I'm generally way too trusting.

Same here. I'd stick it in a corner or under a table or something, but I wouldn't want to carry it around all day.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Those flashbacks of Sam and Jason talking just show what an idiot Sam is being.

For real.  Thanks for the reminder, show, that Sam basically bitch-faced Jason for saying they had to put the kids first. 

The flashbacks aren't doing Willow any favors, either, as she just looks more and more obsessed with Wiley. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The flashbacks aren't doing Willow any favors, either, as she just looks more and more obsessed with Wiley.

That's why it was such a relief when chase told her to shift or get off the pot 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

The flashback where Michael tells Willow that Nelle fakes being nice and caring but she show it for real .... Willow is now getting so obsessed, I'm expecting her to freak out in court giving Nelle more ammunition.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The flashback where Michael tells Willow that Nelle fakes being nice and caring but she show it for real .... Willow is now getting so obsessed, I'm expecting her to freak out in court giving Nelle more ammunition.

Since we are stuck with this storyline, I hope this is where they are going. They are making Willow look more and more unhinged while Nelle is a sociopath but can pull off the act pretty well. It would be nice to see this dumb plan blow up in their faces because they ignored Willow’s issues and that she would be a liability.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I feel like Ava's talk to Liz was just trying to get her to go comfort Nikolas or something, go be there for him. She's still wanting him to cheat.

I think so, too, but MW is so good that for a second I really did think she was sincere. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Is that why there were so many?? I was catching up and had to come here to find out what the fuck was up with all these flashbacks. I ended up deleting two shows before it even finished. 

It definitely seems like they're using flashbacks to stretch out what they have shot as long as they can. And it seems like they re-cut some of these episodes really quickly and without a ton of planning. I totally get it, they probably didn't have a lot of time to come up with a plan.  I am hoping however many episodes they have coming up will be better thought out than the first batch of flashback-infused episodes. 

• Love 1

I thought when they first went on hiatus that they said they had enough episodes to last until April 17th, which is today.  But they've had at least three weeks of Repeat Fridays and a bunch of episodes recut with flashbacks, so I'm curious now to how much longer we have before they completely run out.  

15 hours ago, ciarra said:

Who else wanted her to pull it out, hold it up and be all, "bitch, who did this"!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought when they first went on hiatus that they said they had enough episodes to last until April 17th, which is today.  But they've had at least three weeks of Repeat Fridays and a bunch of episodes recut with flashbacks, so I'm curious now to how much longer we have before they completely run out.  

I haven't really been paying attention, but maybe they had FULL episodes that would have lasted through today. But due to the shutdowns, they had to recut and add flashbacks to make them last longer until they can resume?

Would I love it if cheapassFrank would air flashbacks from the Golden Era? Of course! I mean, neither Rebecca Budig or the actor who played Griffin is on the show any longer, yet we got flashbacks featuring them and Vinessa last week. So I don't see why they can't "help us through this" as everyfrickin' company/celeb/banks are saying and give us these classic episodes with awesome production values. Put your money where your FUCKING Mouth is, Frank!

Who has the rights to Night Shift? Because I'd TOTALLY watch that! Especially the second season with Robert's cancer story.

• Love 6

If memory serves, long before she married Ned, Olivia was crushing on Robert. I tend to think they're framing their interactions in a way to keep the crush alive and innocent.

1 minute ago, Baxter said:

If memory serves, long before she married Ned, Olivia was crushing on Robert. I tend to think they're framing their interactions in a way to keep the crush alive and innocent.

I thought it was real life Lisa LoCicero who had the crush on TR/Robert Scorpio and the show gives them these scenes together.

• Love 4

I thought it was real life Lisa LoCicero who had the crush on TR/Robert Scorpio and the show gives them these scenes together.

Maybe that's it. I thought they had written it into the Olivia character. Or I'm probably confusing real life with GH storylines. At this point, I don't know anymore.