Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

When Willow was talking to Michael about how he has siblings and she didn't, I just kept thinking how Michael was with her twin and half sister. Well that and also how I want her dead.

Fingers crossed that Death cannot resist the combination of being Michael's SO and Silas Clay's daughter. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Willow is so hateful. She’ll let Sonny come to the wedding but he can’t bring Nina.  Nina, who wanted to save her life with her own bone marrow. Nina, whose aunt is going to save Willow’s worthless life. 

And her reasons for hating Nina aren't even her own, but adopted from the other Carlys.  What a pathetic creature she is.

Also, in her lamenting not having siblings how has she never gotten angry that the life she was supposed to have was STOLEN from HER.  Not just Nina, but her, as well.  She won't even allow the possibility that had Nelle not been given away and sold for body parts and been raised by Nina and Silas that she wouldn't have been the sociopath she was.  It's like she thinks Nina deliberately didn't raise her and therefore deserves no grace.  Fuck off, Willow.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3

Disgusted by Willow.  Sonny the mobster needs to be invited, but Nina isn't allowed because she'll never have a relationship with her.  Nina running around to save her worthless life. Just let her die. 

Michael why not tell Willow your plan to send him to jail.  What will that do with the plan with not making the kids/Kristina take sides. She does not know the person he is at all. 

Wow ALS, that's severe to give Gregory. 

I want Nathan's Ethan.  Also how is he worth a bidding contest and is "quite a prize." And this coming from someone who  liked Nathan's Ethan. Lol

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She won't even allow the possibility that had Nelle not been given away and sold for body parts and been raised by Nina and Silas that she wouldn't have been the sociopath she was.  It's like she thinks Nina deliberately didn't raise her and therefore deserves no grace.  Fuck off, Willow.

because to acknowledge that point, shatters the storyline Michael & Carly and she developed about why Nina can't be around Wiley, remember? It's just excuses that Nina is making up to whitewash Nelle. EVERYTIME Nina brought it (like a normal human person would) that MAYBE Nelle would have had a better life (and more importantly, if Nelle did have some mental issues which is a major possibility because of the drugs Madeline pumped in Nina) that Nina & Silas would have gotten her the help she needed. (and again, maybe if Nelle had people 100% team her maybe she doesn't go entirely cray-cray. we'll never know).

Willow is treating Nina like she willingly gave her up so she could party it up or didn't want her in her life.  and it also drives me crazy anytime when people go "well it's not about Nina." it IS ABOUT NINA. this didn't just happen to Willow. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3

Gregory, ALS, why?  Isn't working with Alexis doing "reporter stuff" enough drama, without adding terminal illness?  Does she need another love interest who is dying?  Does the show hate Alexis?  How many times will Gregory fall to the floor over the next year?

"About 5–10% of all ALS cases are genetic or "familial." This means that the person inherits the disease from a parent. Familial ALS usually only requires one parent to carry the disease-causing gene."

So, we have to wait and see if Finn and Chase have it, too? 

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

I'm tired of it because like..  per usual every hoop that Willow puts up, Nina jumps through it willingly and and then they still talk poop about her. we saw it all up until the point where she was going to give up her grandparental rights. [and i really think the show needs to remind Willow that Nina was going to do it - until Col. Sanders & Ava flat out told her no, don't be dumb],  and now again, Willow is all don't talk/ask about the children, don't ask me about my personal life and then they both are like "Well Nina doesn't understand boundaries?". shut the crap up. 

Seriously. just, I would give anything that Lisel wasn't kidnapped, and both she & Nina were hearing Willow today and then they both say "okay screw you." and then they go to France and get fat off baguettes and brie and pate. [yes i'm back on the France train LOL]. 

yeah. really would love it if someone would clap that truth over his dumbass head too. 

Me too!  Willow is a villain period.  She wants Michael to make nice with Sonny because she's dying, but she has manipulated the situation so that Sonny is invited to his son's wedding without the woman he loves.  She has maneuvered Sonny into a situation of having to choose between his son and his love.  This is actually an incredibly sick thing to do in the name of "making peace".  It's the exact opposite.  She's a villain written as the heroine.  It's sickening.  And I'm so tired of it, so I keep ff'ing her scenes, my little protest to the powers that be. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 14
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, in her lamenting not having siblings how has she never gotten angry that the life she was supposed to have was STOLEN from HER.  Not just Nina, but her, as well.  She won't even allow the possibility that had Nelle not been given away and sold for body parts and been raised by Nina and Silas that she wouldn't have been the sociopath she was.  It's like she thinks Nina deliberately didn't raise her and therefore deserves no grace.  Fuck off, Willow.

You can't bring any of that up. The Carlys might end up losing with a good dose of truth and we can't have that. Someone should really remind the dickwads that the reason one of them is still around is because billionaire daddy bought Nelle's kidney on the black market.

Willow went from sympathetic character to whatever this is. Being part of the Carlys inner circle is like having bile for breakfast. It turns everyone into a bitter narrow-minded asshole.

And this whole situation with Leisl being kidnapped by Victor. Honestly, morons should get pissed at Carly all over again. Her keeping her mouth shut about Nina and Willow's blood relation has also led to this moment. The bone marrow transplant could have been done months ago, literally. 

Now missy is threatening to die and instead of resentment or anger toward Carly or a good lashing out at her for being a selfish twat, we have her as matron of honor and we're asking her for her blessing to marry the putz she gave birth to. 

This show is absolutely hopeless.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 13

I've been wanting Willow to die for quite a while. But I've changed my mind. If she dies, we'll have who knows how long of sad sack Michael moping around, telling everyone how Wiley and his baby sister need a mother. Now I want the whole bunch of them to die. We need a car accident, or a bomb, or maybe Willow and the kids can be the (only) victims of Victor's evil plan.  I'd love for it to be a thing that Michael's girlfriends ALWAYS die -- and eventually no one will ever want to have any romantic interest in him. That'd be good soap to me. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

And this whole situation with Leisl being kidnapped by Victor. Honestly, morons should get pissed at Carly all over again. Her keeping her mouth shut about Nina and Willow's blood relation has also led to this moment. The bone marrow transplant could have been done months ago, literally. 

Now missy is threatening to die and instead of resentment or anger toward Carly or a good lashing out at her for being a selfish twat, we have her as matron of honor and we're asking her for her blessing to marry the putz she gave birth to. 

This is such a great point and I hadn't thought about that.  You are totally right. 

• Like 13

The writing for Willow is just so shallow and bad. It’s truly awful. The pacing hasn’t helped either.

Willow hasn’t shown any curiosity about her mother or her bio father. She hasn’t shown any empathy or compassion for what happened to her bio mom. She hasn’t acknowledged that the mom who raised her knew Willow had been abducted. She gave a brief mention to Nelle being her sister and seemed to regret fighting with her but nothing since. But no regret for fighting with Nina of course!! 🙄

I know she’s supposedly dying from cancer but you would think she would have some natural curiosity about this stuff. And given that she IS dying, you would think she might want to know some of this stuff before she passes but not Willow. Willow only cares about being Michael’s wife…..again. The show could at least acknowledge this is their SECOND marriage and have her say something like, “I’m happy to be marrying you for real this time” or something like that. Stop having her act like they’ve never been married. But marrying Michael is all she cares about. That’s it. We could see her making a tape for her kids or something. I get that on some level but also think she could think about other things too. I don’t know. This story just isn’t working for me. I’m over it. 

I honestly don’t know why they made Nina Willow’s mother. It wasn’t necessary and hasn’t changed anything! I’m not saying they needed to bond immediately but there’s just nothing there with Willow. This story is a fail, IMO. It’s not working, and it’s likely to be dragged out another year or so. I’m done. I don’t even want to see these two have a relationship. Willow is hateful and obnoxious. Nina is better off without her. I want Nina to wash her hands of Willow and live her best life. These characters (Carly/Millow/SoNa) have been connected in a story for far too long. It’s time to cut them loose from each other and tell new stories. 

GH writers also need to realize that ppl can be involved in more than one story. Nina can try to bond with her awful daughter but also have a work-related plot or something. I just feel like we’ve been listening to the same conversations and complaints for years! I’m ready for something new - not like it would be told any better with these writers but still. It would be nice to rant about some new stuff! 🤣

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Applause 12
17 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She hasn’t acknowledged that the mom who raised her knew Willow had been abducted.

She's more resentful and hateful to and about Nina than Harmony, the woman who kept her identity a secret and killed people to keep that secret.  That was hand-waved away with "sure, Harmony was troubled, but..."

Die, Willow.  I know you suddenly look better despite being on death's door for the past 4 months, but do us all a solid and collapse at the altar right before you say 'I do."

• Like 5
  • Applause 8

I’m still stuck on the fact that Willow’s only thought to Dr. O getting kidnapped has been, well let me plan a big wedding so I can die happily as Mrs. Michael Corinthos. Not a single mention of what they can do to look for Dr. O or try to find another donor before she runs out of time.  I’ve never seen a cancer storyline told this poorly. Even if she disregards her own life this way, you’d think she’d be moving hell and earth to ensure that she’s exhausted all options before leaving her children motherless.

Also, is she really this stupid and thinks Michael and Sonny can end this feud while still making it clear that Nina is still not welcome around them? She’s the reason for the damn feud in the first place. All this talk about how Donna and Avery need Michael in their lives when we know they spend time with Nina and like her. You don’t think they’ll pick up on the fact that the clan hates Nina eventually and it’ll cause the same frostiness?  

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Love 1

Not to mention people are getting upset because Nina is "making it out to be about her" because she "Can't be a mother" to Willow and not making it about Willow instead, and I swear I legit popped a vessel. Willow told her the same thing when Nina realized she wasn't a donor and she couldn't save Willow "It's not about you Nina."

Yes. it. is equally about Nina, Willow. NINA had her children stolen. NINA is a woman who dreamed about having children, had the ability of having them naturally stolen from her. NINA had lost that dream. NINA is seeing HER child dying from cancer. As much as it is about Willow. I'm pretty damned sure Nina has some emotional stakes here. and it just legitimately ticks me off that people just handwave it. (this doesn't mean that Willow should want what Nina wants. but like it's obvious that she DOES want it - a Mom, wishing she had siblings and a family of her own, and she's refusing to acknowledge any of it so to me it just becomes...just words). 

Maxie is now basically her cousin through marriage. thus Georgia, James & Bailey are her little cousin-ettes. Why isn't she getting to know them ? Why aren't THEY invited to the wedding to bond with said family. I totally noticed how Lisel is now "Obrect" again, because she was all "Aunt Lisel" when she first found out but i guess now that she's useless Willow has no time for her. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I still don't get the reason they gave those two a baby. Amelia may be cute, but she is useless. With Ace you can at least see the reasoning for it, even if it's dumb.

i keep saying it. the one who had to be sick, should have been Wiley. it would have given Willow's desperate desire to carry a baby to term MUCH more weight - and they could have made this into a very dire Sophie's choice. (They could have given Willow Carly's "you can't carry babies to term" disease or something - so basically Wiley dies if he doesn't get the thing from the baby (which they need to be healthy and full term) or Willow will die if she does. MAKE that decision, and someone dies. (Baby, Wiley, or Willow). 

THEN during all of this we find out Nina & Willow are related and while Michael & Carly are on one side, Willow leans on Nina (who is there to just give support to Willow, just trying to repair the relationship etc). and they become closer and still have Carly keep the secret. So then it all explodes in Carly's face [as it did] but now it's really Wilow/Nina vs. carly/Michael for what is best for all three people. They chose Wiley (mostly so we don't lose Willow). and Willow & Nina again bond over losing children. and we have some miracle donor to save Wiley (IF we must). Michael & Willow end things because of this, and then WIllow make major amends to Chase for cheating on him and they either take it slow and become a pairing, or whatever. 

and i thought of that before breakfast. you telling me professionals couldnt come up with something soapy like that?

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

THEN during all of this we find out Nina & Willow are related and while Michael & Carly are on one side, Willow leans on Nina (who is there to just give support to Willow, just trying to repair the relationship etc). and they become closer and still have Carly keep the secret. So then it all explodes in Carly's face [as it did] but now it's really Wilow/Nina vs. carly/Michael for what is best for all three people. They

The crux of the issue is they want to write Willow like a stepford wife and avoid any Michael/Willow disagreements. Even her hiding the cancer for months got no reaction from him. Which is fine if that’s what they want to do but then don’t bother writing the story in the first place if Willow has no agency.

I never cared much about Carly/Nina fighting and really don’t care about every new excuse they add for them to feud and that seems to be the only reason they made Willow Nina’s daughter. For years, Michael has mostly existed to give Carly/Sonny stuff to react to rather than being his own character and Willow seems to be following suit with Nina/Carly. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

One thing that's been admirably consistent (not sarcasm) is that Wiley adores Nina and is always happy to see her. It's too bad Michael and Willow don't put him first when it comes to that. And it's so annoying that somehow, no matter how many restrictions Nina agrees to to see the idiot child, she's still beyond the pale for wanting a relationship with her grandson.

I seriously don't understand how I'm supposed to be on the dolts' side. They are awful, awful people.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You can't bring any of that up. The Carlys might end up losing with a good dose of truth and we can't have that. Someone should really remind the dickwads that the reason one of them is still around is because billionaire daddy bought Nelle's kidney on the black market.

Willow went from sympathetic character to whatever this is. Being part of the Carlys inner circle is like having bile for breakfast. It turns everyone into a bitter narrow-minded asshole.

I wonder about these writers. Do they really think the audience mostly wants to just root for the Carlys even if they do things that other characters are reprimanded for?  Maybe they get that vibe.  IMO they pay too much attention to the few obsessed fans, write for the crazies who write them letters begging them to let Carly win or whatever, and thus lose ratings.  Most of the audience does not write to them and join crazy fan clubs.  Write for them and they'd have higher ratings.  

What average viewer would be so obsessed with one character?  It's almost like Guza's sickness when it came to Sonny.  No majority wants a "star" of a soap or a man's POV ( I bet the audience is 98% female) or just one character to dominate.  And be always right on top of that.  That's not soap.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I never cared much about Carly/Nina fighting and really don’t care about every new excuse they add for them to feud and that seems to be the only reason they made Willow Nina’s daughter. For years, Michael has mostly existed to give Carly/Sonny stuff to react to rather than being his own character and Willow seems to be following suit with Nina/Carly. 

pretty much. since basically Sam & Liz (Carly's biggest clasher-againsters) are apparently friends now  Carly does need someone she's not going to be friends with. Nina works within that role, but then of course Nina always has to lose because Carly always has to win so it's tedious. 

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

One thing that's been admirably consistent (not sarcasm) is that Wiley adores Nina and is always happy to see her. It's too bad Michael and Willow don't put him first when it comes to that. And it's so annoying that somehow, no matter how many restrictions Nina agrees to to see the idiot child, she's still beyond the pale for wanting a relationship with her grandson.

oh the same. He LOVES Nina. (which is why it always cracks me up when Team Carly goes "He doesn't even know you." like. you wanna double check on that?  I would pay money to have the dipsticks walk in and Wiley is telling Amelia ALL ABOUT  how awesome gramma Nina is. 

31 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Michael being the centre of the family is such a joke. The writers have no idea what that actually means. 

it's the same as Carly bleating to Drew "You are the Lila." shut up. (If anything it really seems that they are grooming BLQ to be the heart of the Quartermaines. A tiny bit schemey, but she's trying to do all her best not to judge people, say what needs to be said, and is just there to be supportive when needed).

• Like 12

Re: Gregory and having ALS.  I can't help but wonder if they'd planned an 'aid-in-dying' storyline for Britt, and were unwilling to give it up when the character left abruptly.  Or maybe they're planning to bring on a brilliant geneticist who can cure Gregory (and would have been able to cure Britt of her Huntington's).  

Have they done 'aid-in-dying' before?  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Michael being the centre of the family is such a joke. The writers have no idea what that actually means. 

Or what to do with him. This vengeance storyline fizzled at the start line and there's no effin' end in sight.

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

Have they done 'aid-in-dying' before?  

No. And they don't have the balls to do it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m still stuck on the fact that Willow’s only thought to Dr. O getting kidnapped has been, well let me plan a big wedding so I can die happily as Mrs. Michael Corinthos.

She showed a millisecond of concern for Maxie and even Nina when they first told her Liesl was missing, I was shocked and hopeful the tentative thaw would continue.  Why do I always have hope 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

[Michael's] vengeance storyline fizzled at the start line and there's no effin' end in sight.

It still cracks me up that he's not ballsy enough to take direct revenge on Sonny, using (of course) Avery and Donna as an excuse not to get his (Michael's) hands dirty. As if Sonny going to jail forever for any reason wouldn't traumatize them. And who's to say Dex wouldn't spill the beans to get a reduced sentence if he were arrested as well?

Yet another poorly thought-out and paced story on this fakakta show.

4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Why do I always have hope 🤦🏻‍♀️

Because they let Awesome Writer out of the closet just enough to keep us watching.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4

I think the only way this Willow storyline is going to have any decent payoff is if turns out it’s just been Nelle in a Willow mask this entire time. Otherwise it’s just tedious and boring and Willow sucks. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

I think the only way this Willow storyline is going to have any decent payoff is if turns out it’s just been Nelle in a Willow mask this entire time. Otherwise it’s just tedious and boring and Willow sucks. 

I like Willow, but all the fails on the treatments are stressing me out.  First she goes from stage 1 to stage 3, apparently skipping stage 2.  Then Nina's not a match.  Then Amelia's not a match.  Then Liesel's a match, but they have to wait.  Then Liesel gets kidnapped the night before the procedure.  Like, come on.  

Plus, we had Britt with Hungington's, then Willow has leukemia and now Gregory has ALS, and Victor has something that he needs a vaccine or cure or antidote or something that he wants to unleash on the world.  Can something besides disease happen on this show for a while?

• Like 1
  • Applause 8

Yeah, they don't seem to really get pacing these stories out... At all. Wasn't the stupid Pikeman deal supposed to go down the day of Michael/ Willows wedding, which was postponed and is now back again. 

And where are Willow's Doctors!?!? Should Terry be doing.... Something? And was TJ a friend of Willows just long enough to cause Nina to be suspicious, because as her friend, and a doctor, shouldn't he be encouraging her to do something besides plan a wedding.

The nonsensical insider trading thing seems to have been forgotten by everyone. Except when Carly says she and Drew can't be together in public. 

Esme's nanny ( and her trust fund) isn't that still a thread. I know Esme has forgotten her past, but she's not completely dependent on Laura's good will.

I'm guessing the actress's pregnancy put the kibosh on whatever Sasha/Cody story was planned. 

And while Curtis still pouts about his wife's honesty, he's still working with Wu behind her back 

It really feels like so many plot threads are dropped/ forgotten/ resurrected randomly.  

Edited by sacrebleu
Accept and except mean different things
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

basically Sam & Liz (Carly's biggest clasher-againsters) are apparently friends now  Carly does need someone she's not going to be friends with.

Alexis too. They loathed each other in the days of the Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun Carlys. There isn't a hint of it now, on the rare occasions they're in the same scene. 

(Gosh, what's the common denominator here? They were a threat to her with Jason, Sonny, or both.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Asp Burger said:

Alexis too. They loathed each other in the days of the Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun Carlys. There isn't a hint of it now, on the rare occasions they're in the same scene. 

(Gosh, what's the common denominator here? They were a threat to her with Jason, Sonny, or both.)

i was going to say that too. lol now that Jason is dead of COURSE Carly is a-okay with it. Shes so pathetic. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I laughed about this.  Remember when Emily was the moral centerpiece of the Q family?  And people changed it to she's the floral centerpiece of the family?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

New Ethan reminded me of a young Heath Ledger in that movie “10 Things I Hate About You”. Other than that….nothing.  He’s giving me nothing.  I was a fan of the old Ethan and was kind of looking forward to him coming back.  This guy is a poor replacement.

I’m enjoying the Trina/Spencer adventuring.  It’s a real testament to the NC that he’s been able to hold his own with an acting vet like CS.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6

The problem with having two storylines running in parallel - the Haunted Star, which left the night of the Nurse's Ball, and the wedding of Michael and Willow, who decided the day after the NB to get married the next day - is that it is painfully obvious to the viewers how messed up the timing is.

For the Haunted Star to now be in international waters, it has to have made its way across Lake Ontario and all the way along the St. Lawrence Seaway/River and out into the Atlantic Ocean.  Because the water in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence is either US or Canadian, but not international.  That must be one fast yacht.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I can’t stand Michael and Willow so during their supposed emotional scene in front of the fire yesterday all I could think was do they ever turn that thing off?? In every scene there it is, just crackling away.  Their gas bill must be through the roof!  

• LOL 8

I did not enjoy today's episode. All the dumping on Nina by Carly and Michael, and then Amy II dumping on Ava who she barely knows. And then Sonny not telling Michael to go shove it and saying that if Nina can't go to the wedding he won't either. It's not fun to watch when the characters I like are treated badly by the ones I can't stand.

I didn't even enjoy Sprina, I kept feeling sorry for Ace.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

and i thought of that before breakfast. you telling me professionals couldnt come up with something soapy like that?

Not "can't."  "Won't."

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

One thing that's been admirably consistent (not sarcasm) is that Wiley adores Nina and is always happy to see her. It's too bad Michael and Willow don't put him first when it comes to that.

While constantly telling us and each other  how wonderful they are. And then there's Carly who won't lift a finger to help because "it's Willow's decision".

Why the hell is Carly in charge of whether Nina gets to see her grandson and her daughter's wedding or not?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

And then Sonny not telling Michael to go shove it and saying that if Nina can't go to the wedding he won't either.

oh so Michael dropped the boom on Sonny today?
honestly Nina would always have pushed Sonny to go w/o her anyway. (i saw the previews for Tomorrow and Carly is like Sonny is FINALLY putting his family first instead of you) and i am like OH MY GOD.  not having Nina murdered does not = not putting your family first. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I was hoping Trina would be able to free Liesl to help her out. Oh, well.

Love collicky Ace driving the staff and Victor crazy. Welcome back, adorable scene-stealer! 😍

Carly being jealous that Nina and Ava are friends - here for that too, but skipped most of their scenes because, Carly.

Not a fan of self-sacrificing Nina, especially not over Willow/Michael.

Also annoyed by meek/anxious Esmé. I understand her being super worried about her son, but something about her discussions with Austin, Liz, and Laura rings false in a way that’s not “my memory is back”. Weird.

The conversation between Laura and Curtis was excruciating. All that time wasted to come up with “Drew will save us”. Yuck.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

always

but what happpend?

Carly was just being herself with Ava. She can’t understand how Ava can be friends with Nina after what Nina did to her. Ava mentioned forgiveness because it’s unhealthy to always be angry and unforgiving. Carly just couldn’t fathom it. Not surprised. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

"What am I running here, some kind of sloppy clown show?" Hee. Poor Victor. It's bad enough he has to deal with stroppy family members; he's also dealing with incompetent minions.

The Avery actor seems a little old to be playing how young they're writing Avery.

1 minute ago, Desperado said:

The conversation between Laura and Curtis was excruciating. All that time wasted to come up with “Drew will save us”. Yuck.

It wasn't much better when Curtis thought he would be the Savior of Port Charles.

Michael's "ugh, her" sigh when he saw Nina was enraging. You asked to see Sonny at the chapel, asshole. Don't be shocked Nina is there, too. And then his "yeah, sure" face when Nina congratulated him. He and Willow both need to fuck off and die.

I'd have been tempted to fire Amy after that crap with Austin. What was the point of that? Is it a sekrit that Ava and Austin are friends? Why would anyone care one way or the other? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

Carly just comes off as perpetually miserable and bitter and wants everyone to be as unhappy as her. That shot at Ava about Trina was uncalled for and she’s in the preview gloating at Nina that Sonny is going to the wedding without her, which Nina told him to do you cow. But we’re supposed to buy she’s moved on, doesn’t care anymore about Sonny/Nina, and is sooo happy with Drew? Yeah right 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly Nina would always have pushed Sonny to go w/o her anyway. (i saw the previews for Tomorrow and Carly is like Sonny is FINALLY putting his family first instead of you) and i am like OH MY GOD.  not having Nina murdered does not = not putting your family first. 

It's unbelievably stupid and immature of the Carlys' part. It is possible to have a relationship with a significant other and with your children at the same time, you don't have to choose one or the other.

Carly wanted to divorce Sonny, and now she's in a relationship with Drew but she won't let him go to live his own life, and she's enlisted her children in a vendetta.

It's super gross.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's unbelievably stupid and immature of the Carlys' part. It is possible to have a relationship with a significant other and with your children at the same time, you don't have to choose one or the other.

Carly wanted to divorce Sonny, and now she's in a relationship with Drew but she won't let him go to live his own life, and she's enlisted her children in a vendetta.

It's super gross.

would pay money for Sonny to tell her please remember all I wanted to do was put family first but you wanted me to go after Nina. ktnkbye

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"What am I running here, some kind of sloppy clown show?" Hee. Poor Victor. It's bad enough he has to deal with stroppy family members; he's also dealing with incompetent minions.

Speaking of incompetent minions……

I'd have been tempted to fire Amy after that crap with Austin. What was the point of that? Is it a sekrit that Ava and Austin are friends? Why would anyone care one way or the other? 

Amy had zero business speaking to Austin the way she did. It may sound bad but she is merely a nurse ( I used to be one back in the Stone Age ) and there are these funny things called protocol ,privacy and respect. What Dr. GH does in his private time is none of her business so unless he is being negligent or dangerous towards a patient, she should button it. Sorry that I sound so old fashioned but my old head nurse would have been furious at any sort of behaviour like that. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

I don’t get how inviting Sonny to the wedding and expressly telling him not to invite Nina is a show of good faith when even Sonny could tell Michael didn’t want to do it and Willow made him. Michael doesn’t really want him there and hasn’t accepted Nina in Sonny’s life so nothing has changed. All going to the wedding does is hurt Nina even more. Why no one is choosing to ask Willow why she’s trying to get Michael to stop hating Sonny while making zero effort with Nina is a glaring oversight. 

I also forgot to add earlier that part of that Carly/Ava scene was Ava allowing Calry to spend time with Avery, which she doesn’t have to do since Carly has no rights to her and Sonny said he would defer to Ava in regards to access to Avery. Ava is capable of putting aside her feelings for Carly in the best interest of her child but god forbid the Carlys do the same. We know Wiley likes Nina and misses her. He’s said it

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

All going to the wedding does is hurt Nina even more.

In Adlerian psychology, they teach that if you want to know why someone does something, look at what the end result is.

Michael gets to hurt Sonny somewhat, but he hurts Nina even more. All while telling himself what a good father and partner he is.

Why is no one allowed to point out to the Carys how selfish and self-centred they really are?

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

Watching this show is worst than a root canal. Carly's whataboutism is just beyond. You're closing in on your mid-50s, Carly! Clearly, wisdom doesn't come with age. That whole exchange with Ava about how Carly can help change things between Nina and Willow was all kinds of petty.

What Ava did to Morgan was bad and completely ruthless. And if anyone can understand that ruthlessness it's Carly. 

The whole when you think about how I deprived Nina of her daughters, do you think how you deprived me of my son business. The lack of remorse in her statement for what she did while expecting that Ava will show equal lack of it was really interesting. And of course, now it's Willow's choice when she sat on that choice for months as the relationship between her and Nina festered. Don't ever change, Carly, you paragon of virtue, you! 

• Applause 16

Ava..... took Morgan's meds right? the night he blew up? (but i mean to be fair if he had his meds he could still have been in the car  that blew up correct? or did Ava set the bomb?)

Also I am really amused that the answer to Carly's question was "well, I'm an adult, I saw that Nina made amends, and we moved passed it." and Carly's response was to have a hissy fit, act like a child and storm off. 

Carly in a nutshell. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Did I mishear? Ava wanted to go to Portia after finding out about Trina. She asked Carly to please stay with Avery. next scene Carly is going to the door to leave and Nina is there. Why was she leaving Avery?