Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, jsbt said:

It is not lost on me that Spencer and Trina have barely shared one on one scenes dealing in their relationship since they kissed. As some of us have said, the proof will be in how the show goes forward after their first intimate scene. We'll see if this big sweeps romantic adventure for them actually materializes, but I'll believe it when I'm viewing it through my eyeholes.

I rolled my eyes when Spencer and Trina had their first kiss and she wanted to have sex in the gallery and he pulls away and says no.

Ugh. They should have had sex then. Sex is messy and they have wanted each other for over a year. Sure Spencer had then suggested going to Wyndemere but that was the night that huge, cute baby was born and any thoughts about anything else has been erased from Spencer’s head.

Trina should get angry at Spencer because he is not the baby’s father, he has no other goals in his life, and she is stuck having to support his delusions. Has even asked about how things are for her and her parents or is the only thing that he has to say is about the huge, cute baby.

To quell his babies rabies maybe he should visit his cousin Amelia. She is as huge and as cute as his toddler brother.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I'm fine with them not having sex then. It was a sweet and intelligent series of scenes. What I don't love is the prospect of them taking a month off any time they swap spit while Frank nervously checks the racist fan club mailbag or worse, having a FTB love scene nine months from now.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6

i am too tired to watch crap today

all i know is Curtis you suck. you find out you might be the father and all you've done is whine and get drunk. shut up fool. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

The only thing that I could focus on in Brooklyn and Chase's scenes was her living quarters.  Wouldn't have pegged her hanging a large painting of a crane on her wall.  It was more interesting in trying to figure out how the camera angles affected the shadows that the lamps were displaying - than trying to dismiss the lack of chemistry between Chase/Brooklyn - especially in comparison to chemistry on display in the previous episode scenes between Chase/Willow.

That's funny, I do that too.

I was invested in Chase and BLQ during and slightly after the Bailey storyline.  They squandered all that build-up and it made no sense. There's no there there anymore. Let it go. Please. 

I do hope Willow escapes the cult of Carly someday. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Spencer isn't (as of yet) the giant cute baby's father because it was soapier that the dad was Nik. Of course, any stories about that are off the table at the moment as they figure out what to do with MC gone and the character in a coma. So we're stuck with a spoiled ding-dong bellowing for the custody of his baby brother.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

I get that Trina is supposed to be mature and understanding but I hate it at the same time. You know they’d never write something like this for Joss or give her pairings any actual obstacles. She’d also be allowed to not only tell Esme off but order everyone else to hate her on her behalf 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

Curtis always treats one woman like dirt while another is waiting in the wings acting like he’s amazing. I need Portia and Jordan to have enough self respect to not buy his game. Portia begging yesterday was bad enough but Jordan almost kissing him today, really?

Does she not remember how he’s treated her in the past 2.5 years? He’s been horrible and disrespectful to her at every turn. Your marriage didn’t have a second chance because he refused to do couples therapy when you suggested it. He had Portia on the hook and didn’t give you a second thought. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7

I think sometimes Joss' pairings have obstacles, but the dramatic thrust is clear. The issue is that in hiding behind the fact that they are giving Trina a respectful, mature treatment as a Black female they also are, intentionally or unintentionally (I think it's a bit of both) avoiding giving her as much soapy drama as she deserves. Esme films Cam and Joss having sex while SM's Trina sleeps in the next room. Trina is framed and everyone else runs around in the story for months while she stoically and maturely waits for her fate. Esme terrorizes Trina for a year and Trina quietly and maturely visits her and suggests they let Esme off the hook. While Trina is the smartest and most mature young adult on canvas, Trina is not given the story opportunities she deserves. It does not have to be mutually exclusive but so far it often is. Robin sure didn't lay back and wait for story to happen at her age.

I am glad they at least had Trina say don't charge Esme yet, wait for her memory to return.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I saw a bit of old Esmé when she had to go looking for Spencer when Ace woke up. She interrupted an almost kiss between Spencer and Trina. I think she seemed rather pleased with herself. 
Now that Ace is at Laura’s , someone needs to do a swab and compare it to Laura and Spencer to see if Nick is really Ace’s father. 

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I saw a bit of old Esmé when she had to go looking for Spencer when Ace woke up. She interrupted an almost kiss between Spencer and Trina. I think she seemed rather pleased with herself. 

I saw it when she suggested to Trina that she shouldn't be charged for her crimes she doesn't remember. If I was Trina that would have set me all the way off.

Now that Ace is at Laura’s, someone needs to do a swab and compare it to Laura and Spencer to see if Nick is really Ace’s father.

Agreed.

For months I was sure Esme was faking. I do think she is legit amnesiac now, but I think it's coming back and if she's not faking now she will be very soon and they won't tell us yet.

The smart move now would be for Trina to lure Esme into her confidence, act like she's totally sympathetic, but start working her to see if she gives up the tells when she does remember, laying the trap for prosecuting her. Then you could have those two dancing around each other. But they don't credit the 'good' characters with that kind of scheming intelligence unless it's towards a character they don't prioritize, and lately Pohl/Esme has been the priority over Trina and many others. Avery Pohl is very good and I enjoy having her on the show, but I am not here for either an Esme redemption arc or for Esme to continue rooking all the heroes indefinitely.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

I thought Esme is faking it too but I’m sure her anger towards Spencer is genuine. If she’s not, I’d wager AP hasn’t been told one way or the other and is choosing to play things this way because the mask has slipped multiple times. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I rolled my eyes when Spencer and Trina had their first kiss and she wanted to have sex in the gallery and he pulls away and says no.

I was watching old clips of Zander and Emily and have to laugh at young, hot, soap opera men willing to forego a chance at sex because they are so kindly considerate that she is not ready for it and this is not special enough.  Zander needed to be redeemed a lot, maybe that is also so for Spencer, with a different twist, but it's hilarious.  Male hormones on the soap opera planet aren't what they are on planet earth. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Oh my god I can not with Alexis!  She was trying to justify her snooping by saying if she hadn’t snooped she wouldn’t have known Gregory had been fired. How about it’s none of your business?!  Just because a friend doesn’t disclose absolutely everything about themselves doesn’t mean they are a bad friend. Maybe they just have boundaries or want privacy. Nothing wrong with that.

Obviously Gregory was acting strange at the MetroCourt, and instead of being a friend Alexis accused him of being a drunk.  As for contacting his son, she should have told him she was going to do that. Like hey, I’m worried about you and if you don’t confide in your son I’m going to voice my concerns. Something to that effect.  It’s no wonder he wants nothing to do with her.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3

Founding Father Gregory lost in the viral sauce was hilarious. "I'm nottt a drunkkkk like youuu Alekkshisss!!" It's the only time I've been interested in him.

• LOL 5

Oh look, the dirty vagabond hobo is bonding with his half sister and she doesn't know it.  Brings a tear to my eye and vomit in my mouth.  Stupid hobo.  And why is he all over Gladys being at the Savoy for the poker games, when he's there himself.  Shut up Cody.  Also Selena is persistent in getting Gladys into her game even though Gladys already told her she was done with the gambling.  Not sure where Selena thinks Gladys would get the money since she's already given her the garage.  

So Esme comes sniffing in the hallway, wondering why Trina hasn't left yet and what's keeping Spencer.  Girl might have amnesia but her manipulation button ain't broken.

Oh look, we're getting FLiz 3.0 complete with a Violet sighting.  

Show, I do NOT want a Curtis/Jordan redo.  Also Curtis, just because you're mad at your wife, that doesn't negate the wedding vows you said a month ago.  Keep your lips away from your ex wife, until your current wife also becomes your ex wife.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh I forgot to mention it’s so sweet how baby Ace falls asleep on Esme. It’s a credit to the actress that the baby feels so comfortable with her.  It’s happened multiple times!

I think they're just switching out the babies.  when the scene started the baby almost immediately started crying/whining.  Come back from commercial and the baby not only has calmed down but looks like he's actually napping on her.  

I find it hilarious how much Avery struggles with holding him.  That baby looks like he's pretty heavy and AP is fairly small woman who probably isn't used to holding a twenty pound bundle of joy.  Your arms can get tired pretty quickly when you're not used to it.   

• Like 7

When I saw the back of the bartender's head at Charlie's, I thought that was Cam and asked myself, "When did he leave Kelly's, and why isn't he at Stanford?" Heh.

Why anyone wants to be involved with man-baby Curtis is beyond me. He thinks like a Carly: Anything wrong he does is justified, but from anyone else, it's the worst thing ever. Ugh. And his "It's been a long time since we've had a talk like this" to Jordan is a bit rich, considering he's the one who had the snit fit about the divorce papers mixup and refused to hear anything Jordan had to say for too long after that. Shut up, Curtis.

I had to laugh that that random GH board member tells Elizabeth in the middle of the floor, for all to hear, that she's not getting punished. At least they moved to a less open area.

Back the fuck off, Alexis. GOD. 

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And why is he all over Gladys being at the Savoy for the poker games, when he's there himself.

Because Gladys is gambling away Sasha's money without Sasha knowing it.  I hate the passive-aggressiveness—just spit it out—but he's not a hypocrite here, IMO.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but he's not a hypocrite here, IMO.

Sure.  But I thought Selena had hired him to fleece the other players so she gets the money out of them, so he can't really be all that self righteous.  Plus, he's probably more pissed at Gladys because it hadn't occured to him to go after Sasha's money himself!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Trina should get angry at Spencer because he is not the baby’s father, he has no other goals in his life, and she is stuck having to support his delusions. Has even asked about how things are for her and her parents or is the only thing that he has to say is about the huge, cute baby.

This.

18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Girl might have amnesia but her manipulation button ain't broken.

🤣🤣🤣

I watched the first 10 min of the show and then stopped. Nothing there for me to enjoy. Better luck tomorrow (I hope).

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

I thought it was nice of grifter Esme to make sure Spencer knows she ain't getting NO job.  No need for Spencer to arrange for daycare.  Thanks anyway.  I don't know if she has her memories back yet, but I am starting to think she might especially after her comment "we're just one big happy family" with Trina standing there, but either way, this leopard did not change her spots. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

So much to hate about today. Curtis is at the top of the list, in the middle of the list and at the bottom of it. Get the hell out of here with your questions about whether you and Jordan would still be together. She tried, you bailed because there was someone else waiting around the corner. Let me clutch my pearls about him talking about hypocrisy. Oh, noes!!!! You are a hypocrite, Curtis, and a shitty person. 

If Esme doesn't remember, then she's sure up to her old tricks. This is a whole nature vs nurture. I think the stuff she pulled was just who she was at her very core. She hasn't wanted Spencer anywhere around her or giant Gerber baby, but now she wants to know where Spencer is? Please!

The only thing good about Alexis and Gregory's scenes was the level of emotion from both actors. But must we do this again? Been there, done that with these secret illnesses. We just got done with one. Was the storyline that good that we have to wash, rinse, repeat?

Is Violet the only child we're allowed to see? Where are Aiden and Jake? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 3/22/2023 at 9:53 AM, mbluecpa said:

I don’t know who playing “tough guy” is going to be most comical: Dex, Drew, or Michael.  Dex locks his jaw, while Michael scrunches up his face - wonder what Drew’s tell will be when he goes into badass mode?

A beard. 

• LOL 10

Just read through that article complaining about Carly, and I agree with the author that the problem is largely with the writing---although I do think that SJB and TB were better at playing some of Carly’s vulnerabilities, to the point of actually generating a little sympathy for the character.  Young Carly suffered from feelings of abandonment and resentment, and that made for some compelling scenes.  I am hard-pressed to identify the motivations of middle-aged Carly.  I am similarly hard-pressed to think about who she can organically interact with, outside her family, as she’s been largely written only with them.  At least the MetroCourt gave her some opportunities to be involved with other characters, but that’s gone, now.  Maybe they really should put her at Kelly’s.  Although I love Kelly’s and don’t want to introduce any negative connotations.

More fundamentally, I think the show suffers because it is now so extremely rare for a character to demonstrate any growth.  Sure, they go through things and suffer or triumph, but the next time a new plot point comes around, they revert right back to whatever personality profile was originally written for them.  They don’t even mature, they just get older.  Case in point, they had to tell us that Sonny was different after Nixon Falls, when they could and should have shown us.  I sure don’t see it, because they didn’t write it.  He’s still a mob boss.  He’s still involved with violence.  He just lies to a different woman.  And his hair is intermittently more and less gray.  The changes I would like to see take place in the spaces in between, in the nuances that fall into the extra beat in every scene, and not just in the storylines.  With those extra beats gone, so are the nuances, and for me, the interest in the characters. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

"Were they just careless forty years ago when they diagnosed me with schizophrenia?" No Marshall, they were racist.

"It's like imitation vanilla".  Spencer, I've never liked you  more.

Chase: "Does Obrecht ever look happy?"  Me: Yes, when she's  skewering her enemies.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Oh look, the dirty vagabond hobo is bonding with his half sister and she doesn't know it.  Brings a tear to my eye and vomit in my mouth.  Stupid hobo.  And why is he all over Gladys being at the Savoy for the poker games, when he's there himself.  Shut up Cody. 

It's the Cody redemption, trying to look after Sasha without actually screwing over his boss Selena.  (step-sister since Mac is not Maxie's bio-dad.)

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought it was nice of grifter Esme to make sure Spencer knows she ain't getting NO job.  No need for Spencer to arrange for daycare.  Thanks anyway. 

I read that scene as warning him off.  "You're not going to get your grasping hands on my baby."

More seriously, Ace is a Cassadine, the same  The same level as Spencer who is always bragging about his money. I'm sure that a court would award Esme the money to stay home and take care of her child rather than working a low wage job while the baby is in daycare.

And I can't see Victor willing to have his grandnephew at PCU daycare. There would be a nanny at least.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Were they just careless forty years ago when they diagnosed me with schizophrenia?" No Marshall, they were racist.

I know! And Portia sits there and says she doesn't want to contradict the original doctor's diagnosis. That doesn't mean she couldn't have raised the likelihood of racism as well as a misdiagnosis/better understanding of the disease.

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought it was nice of grifter Esme to make sure Spencer knows she ain't getting NO job.  No need for Spencer to arrange for daycare.  Thanks anyway. 

I read that scene as warning him off.  "You're not going to get your grasping hands on my baby."

Same. There's no way she's letting the giant cute baby out of her sight until she knows Spencer won't make a grab for him, and that day is still a ways in the future, if ever.

• Like 3

So Laura and Kevin's apartment, although very large, unfortunately has extremely thin walls if Ace's cries could be heard in the hallway.  Unless, to go along with his giant stature, he's got huge vocal cords.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought it was nice of grifter Esme to make sure Spencer knows she ain't getting NO job.  No need for Spencer to arrange for daycare.

In the same way that Spencer suggested that Esme could live at Kellys while the baby stayed at Laura's, he was saying that he might be taking classes at PCU and there is daycare over there as if he would be watching/responsible of taking care of Ace. He is trying to take control and possession of a child he has no rights to.

Also, that wasn't a real plan that Spencer is going to follow up on. It was something he came up with so Esme would not suspect that he has feelings for Trina and he has secret plan to watch Esme closely to see if she turns evil.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. There's no way she's letting the giant cute baby out of her sight until she knows Spencer won't make a grab for him, and that day is still a ways in the future, if ever.

Esme is no dummy. Spencer has told her point blank that he wants to take Ace away from her. Also, she may not know it, but Spencer wants his immoral, ruthless uncle to help Spencer steal the baby.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think sometimes Joss' pairings have obstacles, but the dramatic thrust is clear. The issue is that in hiding behind the fact that they are giving Trina a respectful, mature treatment as a Black female they also are, intentionally or unintentionally (I think it's a bit of both) avoiding giving her as much soapy drama as she deserves. Esme films Cam and Joss having sex while SM's Trina sleeps in the next room. Trina is framed and everyone else runs around in the story for months while she stoically and maturely waits for her fate. Esme terrorizes Trina for a year and Trina quietly and maturely visits her and suggests they let Esme off the hook. While Trina is the smartest and most mature young adult on canvas, Trina is not given the story opportunities she deserves. It does not have to be mutually exclusive but so far it often is. Robin sure didn't lay back and wait for story to happen at her age.

I am glad they at least had Trina say don't charge Esme yet, wait for her memory to return.

I love this post so much and I’m in total agreement.  I don’t mind Trina being shown as mature, but don’t make her a doormat.  Today when she told Spencer she understood him wanting to spend time with his brother I was hoping after the commercial break that she would tell him it’s best they stay friends, she’s not ready to be a quasi parent she’s young and wants to enjoy her early 20s.  I still like Sprina but I’m not understanding the pacing and all the unnecessary angst.  After the kiss they should’ve started a real romance leading up to a romantic “first time” for Trina but instead Spencer is obsessed with the cute and giant gerber baby.

And I agree with those that believe Esme hasn’t really changed, memories or not.

Who’s excited about Spencer learning how to heat a bottle and change a diaper?!!!  🙄

I also agree with those who feel the ship has sailed for Brooklyn and Chase.  A wasted opportunity and I STILL think Chase and Willow have more chem then Michael and Willow.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I’m not going to get caught up in Esme vs Spencer because this storyline is honestly so dumb. If Spencer truly had the Cassadine crazy gene he’d just take the kid and hop off to Cassadine island. This story is just about the worst possible one to stick your younger leading man in, before he’s even given a proper romance. It should be the summer of Sprina, fun and romantic and sexy. Let Victor be the one to duke it out with Esme over the baby. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! And Portia sits there and says she doesn't want to contradict the original doctor's diagnosis. That doesn't mean she couldn't have raised the likelihood of racism as well as a misdiagnosis/better understanding of the disease.

I actually agree with Portia on this.  Yes racism could’ve been a factor with the misdiagnosis, but there could be so many other variables and the most responsible thing would be to suggest he find the records from when he was diagnosed before drawing any conclusions.  Marshall could still have a mental health illness that needs to be treated.

The story could be interesting if they did discover that racism was a factor although if it were racism I’d suspect Marshall would’ve been diagnosed with antisocial personality d/o rather than a psychotic d/o, something to justify putting him in jail, like a career criminal.

Another direction they could take is Marshall has a psychotic d/o that his family hasn’t witnessed yet but for that to be believable they need him to get started now for it to have some semblance of believability.  But I just don’t think TPTB have enough interest in the character to write anything that isn’t lazy and half-assed.

• Like 2

It's a good thing that Ace came with his own supplies.   No need to shop for baby gear (baby monitor, clothes, diapers, bottles, crib).  No problem with Esme suddenly becoming a mom after having weeks to get used to it.  She must have read Babies for Dummies and has it all down.

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

It's a good thing that Ace came with his own supplies.   No need to shop for baby gear (baby monitor, clothes, diapers, bottles, crib).  No problem with Esme suddenly becoming a mom after having weeks to get used to it.  She must have read Babies for Dummies and has it all down.

Part of the program that allows mothers to keep their babies while they are in prison is that they get parenting classes and support. She would have had almost a month of this and practice with Ace. Which is a whole lot more than than Spencer who has never been near a baby.

As for the baby stuff, since Spencer got Laura to agree to have Ace stay in her home, she would have gotten all that he would need in addition what Esme would have been given when she was released.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, racked said:

I’m not going to get caught up in Esme vs Spencer because this storyline is honestly so dumb. If Spencer truly had the Cassadine crazy gene he’d just take the kid and hop off to Cassadine island. This story is just about the worst possible one to stick your younger leading man in, before he’s even given a proper romance. It should be the summer of Sprina, fun and romantic and sexy. Let Victor be the one to duke it out with Esme over the baby. 

I don't get it, either. They know NAC is halfway through his 3-year contract and we're wasting time on this? Shouldn't Spencer be teaching Trina how to tango to generic muzak for the Nurses ball or something?

• Like 12
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

She would have had almost a month of this and practice with Ace.

offscreen

since Spencer got Laura to agree to have Ace stay in her home, she would have gotten all that he would need

If only Esme would have told them both to go to hell.

But then again, I think she's faking amnesia.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't get it, either. They know NAC is halfway through his 3-year contract and we're wasting time on this? Shouldn't Spencer be teaching Trina how to tango to generic muzak for the Nurses ball or something?

Y'all know why.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don’t know why everybody think he’s leaving.  Like he’s got other prospects out there.  He’s developed a rabid fanbase.  He’s not going anywhere.

• Useful 1

Soaps are not watercooler TV like the way they were 40 years ago. Virtually every popular young daytime actor who has heat surrounding them tries to bounce at the end of a contract and try their hand in primetime or in this era's case, streaming/cable. I would like it if he did stay, but career-wise I think it's unlikely Chavez stays unless they make him a really good offer.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

I am really disappointed that we're having a strip show again this year. It's always caused me second-hand embarrassment because some of the performers are always so bad. (ex: Chad, I'm thinking of you and the times you were visibly counting.) I never really liked Milo, and I don't think of him as a legacy character or even a fan favorite, so there's no need to bring him back. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, rur said:

I am really disappointed that we're having a strip show again this year. It's always caused me second-hand embarrassment because some of the performers are always so bad. (ex: Chad, I'm thinking of you and the times you were visibly counting.) I never really liked Milo, and I don't think of him as a legacy character or even a fan favorite, so there's no need to bring him back. 

Everything about Milo makes me cringe and I wish he wasn't coming back.  I don't like ANY of the so-called entertainment of the Nurse's Ball.  But I do like the fashion and we usually get a big reveal or something crazy goes down.  So I don't mind them doing it but my god all of the entertainment is so cringe.  And nothing is more cringe than magic milo and their allegedly magic wands. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

I don’t know why everybody think he’s leaving.  Like he’s got other prospects out there.  He’s developed a rabid fanbase.  He’s not going anywhere.

He’s at the age where he should try to do more and is stronger than most of the younger cast. The problem is once you stay in daytime for too long, your prospects dry up. However, there’s a lot of people who seemed really strong in daytime, tried to pursue PT or nice careers and failed so you never know. Some of the ones who became big weren’t the ones I would have guessed watching them on soaps

• Like 6
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Soaps are not watercooler TV like the way they were 40 years ago. Virtually every popular young daytime actor who has heat surrounding them tries to bounce at the end of a contract and try their hand in primetime or in this era's case, streaming/cable. I would like it if he did stay, but career-wise I think it's unlikely Chavez stays unless they make him a really good offer.

It seems like NAC is widely considered "the most likely to...".  And I hope he does!  But I do think other GH young actors are slept on a bit.  I wouldn't be shocked if Avery or Eden hit it on streaming or primetime either.  Or Tabby, and I will be surprised NOT to see Sydney somewhere again.  William is apparently pursuing music, and who  knows where that will lead him.  I really am impressed with the casting for the younger set.  I think we are very lucky there.  I would not be at all surprised if any one of them hit it big off of GH.  And maybe more than one will.  I root for them.  I was just reading the other day that Chadwick Boseman took over for Michael B Jordan in a role on All My Children.  Or, vs vsa?  Anyway, who could have predicted two absolute superstars would come off of the same soap having played the same role!  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

He’s at the age where he should try to do more and is stronger than most of the younger cast. The problem is once you stay in daytime for too long, your prospects dry up. However, there’s a lot of people who seemed really strong in daytime, tried to pursue PT or nice careers and failed so you never know. Some of the ones who became big weren’t the ones I would have guessed watching them on soaps

I agree, it's such a crapshoot!  You just never know.  I do feel he is the strongest actor of the younger set (though they are all really good), but you also need a really good agent and really good luck.  It's impossible to predict.  Though IMO his charisma is off the charts.  But that's subjective too I guess. 

• Like 4
Just now, CeChase said:

I agree, it's such a crapshoot!  You just never know.  I do feel he is the strongest actor of the younger set (though they are all really good), but you also need a really good agent and really good luck.  It's impossible to predict.  Though IMO his charisma is off the charts.  But that's subjective too I guess. 

I could see him as someone they’d welcome back if he tries to purses a PT career and can’t book anything or doesn’t get much. 

• Like 5
Just now, Fellaway said:

Cameron is a way better person than I am. And, Joss? Reminder: You got with Dex before you broke up with Cam, not after.

Show's really gonna insist Joss isn't a cheater, isn't it?

They're leaning into she had decided to break up with him and it's not her fault he wasn't there when she went to break the news, so that's on him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They're leaning into she had decided to break up with him and it's not her fault he wasn't there when she went to break the news, so that's on him.

I guess we have to ignore all of the times she was actively pursuing him and kissing him before that day she decided to end things. She randomly showed up at his place one day and got in his face to tell her he didn’t want her 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They can try that one out as hard as they want, but, nope. You can't get to him face-to-face, little girl, text, phone, Dear John letter, or, better yet, keep your pants on till you can see Cameron face-to-face.

It's not like she and Dex have been waiting years or are star-crossed lovers or some such. I'm not even sure her feelings at that point went beyond just being hot for Dex. And Cameron is her dearest, bestest, longest friend, or so she keeps saying.

She really is a Carly, a horrible person the writers constantly shellac with teflon.

Edited to add: Good glory. Yes, Laura, Joss did the right thing by breaking up with Cameron, but way too late. I don't know if Laura knows about the cheating or not, but geeze, Show, stop trying to make Joss the wounded party here.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 10