Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Wouldn't most somewhat competent private investigators follow the money: e.g. look at Harmony's work history and see if she has ever received any large/suspicious dollars around the year before/after Willow was born. Harmony was also married, so maybe follow up with people who may have also know Willow's dad.

You would think so, wouldn't you? Start with people from Harmony's past and go from there. Phyllis happens to be that. Dawn of Day set up shop in PC and we know Shiloh had the members record a secret before they were initiated in. Maybe find those documents. It's not like it's a dead end. Start in the present and follow the trail, which inevitably leads back to the clinic Nina was at.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This whole business is so stupid, so TFGH.

I don’t think there was a good way to write this story when it ultimately hinges on Drew taking Carly at her word. Phyllis of all people knowing Harmony really raised no flag that Carly was lying? It would have made way more sense for Carly to have never told Drew about Nina in the first place but I doubt this was originally planned when they wrote that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't know if Harmony, living on a commune, would report any income. 

Yes, but that was in the last decade or so before Willow left the cult. We know that Harmony aka Lorraine used to be a nurse. Willow would have given Drew that information, so that means there is a history to track Harmony from her education, her work experience and last known places of residences.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, nilyank said:

We know that Harmony aka Lorraine used to be a nurse.

They changed it to nurses' aide, but still, why wouldn't you start with at least checking with that hospital where she worked, since that information is *right there* for you.

Drew's too busy updating his ILUVCARLY website to actually figure that out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They changed it to nurses' aide, but still, why wouldn't you start with at least checking with that hospital where she worked, since that information is *right there* for you.

You mean like a resume and references that she may have presented at Spring Ridge to get a job? That sort of mundane information an employer asks a prospective employee to provide? 

It's convenient that Harmony's things which were at Alexis's place because they lived together are never mentioned as having been given to Willow after Harmony died.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Those were some powerful scenes back then. What I remembered and enjoying seeing was Lucky's look of utter disgust as he watched Nik and Elizabeth boinking. Jonathan did such a good job with that because he expressed how I felt about the whole story line.

Now that Nik got a total pass from him, pisses me off to this day. But Lucky's fantasies of blowing Nik away was Unintentional Comedy Gold, because Nik "flying back" was so utterly cheesy and hilarious.

Here are the scenes. I hate the "cheating slut" lines, but the "drunk! sober! Sober! Drunk! Who CARRRES!!!" I remember us all talking about that. Jonathan was just amazing.

At the 8:48 minute mark and it was "rutting like farm animals" and I HATE the SHEBEAST was there to hear him say it.

He was phenomenal, as was Becky. J have to say these scenes don’t make me feel that great about TC. I didn’t remember him as quite that red and shiny. And I’ve been clamoring for a Lucky return, but I certainly don’t want him coming back just in time for Liz to be “pregnant” with his brothers baby again.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Semiglued said:

He was phenomenal, as was Becky. J have to say these scenes don’t make me feel that great about TC. I didn’t remember him as quite that red and shiny.

That was when Tyler was phoning it in. But when Lucky left (he and I think Tyler wrote those last scenes of them saying goodbye) he put in the effort. Then, when he came back a couple years later, he'd lost weight, looked better and was at least there when Robin was saved.

34 minutes ago, Semiglued said:

And I’ve been clamoring for a Lucky return, but I certainly don’t want him coming back just in time for Liz to be “pregnant” with his brothers baby again.  

Seriously. When Jonathan came back to return Jake alive, those few minutes with Elizabeth and Lucky (Becky and Jonathan) was just pure magic. They both still have that chemistry. Just like Geary and Genie. It's just too bad Jonathan has moved on. No, wait. I take that back. I don't want Jonathan anywhere near this CLUSTERFUCK of a show. He left last time because of the incessant crying, and it wasn't what he thought/signed up for.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Elizabeth, you can't really think you're a good person when you are currently holding someone captive, lying to someone about having slept with her husband, and then getting unearned miscarriage sympathy from said wronged wife.  I hope Spenser tells Cameron, and I'm not going to feel bad for Elizabeth at all.  Every time I start to like her again, she does something super shady.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

The set designers needs to learn some new tricks for the sets beyond white and grey. When Spencer entered from outside, I couldn't tell if he was entering Wyndermere, Carly's house or the Quartermaines and wondered if he was going to run into Joss hugging Dex.

How does Drew not clue into Carly telling firefighter "I'll make it worth your while" means a payoff? Stupid people are boring. I hope that CM is getting paid enough to act out this garbage.

"After you slept with Esme, I did not think that I could think less of you... You were worse than this before?" Spencer is wrong about the facts but that dressing-down of Nik was glorious.

If Elizabeth thought that Esme was the Hook, how does she think that life on Cassidine Island would be better than going to jail and having the baby there? How does Nik think that he is going to get away with it. Stupid people are boring.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Joss? Because I don't, she's still leading Cameron on.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Carly? Because she's scum, refusing to tell Willow who her mother is.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Elizabeth thought that Esme was the Hook, how does she think that life on Cassidine Island would be better than going to jail and having the baby there? How does Nik think that he is going to get away with it. Stupid people are boring.

Good GOD. I hate these writers. Nik should KNOW what he's doing is what his fucking turd piece of shit Father did to Laura-HIS MOTHER. And I think it's well known in Port Charles as well, since people thought Laura had died. So Elizabeth should also know? And plus how Ric did something similar to the SheBEAST?

If Awesome Writer can sneak in and just let Laura find out and RIP Nik and Elizabeth new assholes, I won't complain for a whole month. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

So Spencer for the win. That whole taking advantage of a friend was very on point. I don't know what they do with Nikolas after all of this.

And no, Elizabeth, you are not a good person for doing what you're doing. Maybe go to the cops and let them know everything? They are looking for a person who has nothing to do with the murders. The way I see it, the next victim's blood is on your hands as much as derpy derp's. 

I'm one of the handful of people who likes Sam around these parts, but good grief! When she spews lines about other people being con artists, I wanna slap her into next week.  Girl, we're only 2-3 years removed from the Shiloh stuff and how you married his father to con him out of his money. So people in glass houses and all. Cody is a waste of space, skin, air, but a con artist recognizes another.

I don't even know how our dimwit isn't connecting the dots between Harmony looking over her shoulder because she took a baby that didn't belong to her to the woman who was sitting right there at the bar, knowing what Carly told him.

Of course, Carly's weird ass behavior with Denise isn't a red flag at all. Reasonable Carly doesn't exist in situations like this. This would have been a attack dog Carly scenario where she would have threatened the woman, not told her that she would make it worth her while.

And what is it with the trickle of questions to Phyllis? Is it a one question a day type situation, otherwise you die, or something?

So fucking aggravating!

• Like 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And no, Elizabeth, you are not a good person for doing what you're doing. Maybe go to the cops and let them know everything? They are looking for a person who has nothing to do with the murders. The way I see it, the next victim's blood is on your hands as much as derpy derp's. 

That is a really good point, which I hadn’t even considered. I wish there was some shred of explanation for why Liz is doing this. Yeah Esme hurt Cam, but Liz seemed barely present for that storyline. Are we supposed to think the Reiko reveal has made her lose her mind? It’s so stupid. 

• Like 6

Trina's picture on Spencer's phone looked like a mug shot, heh. Usually those pictures are rather glamorous.

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She can get immunity if she's worried about legal consequences, but I think her entirely misplaced loyalty to Nik is too strong to make her act properly.

At least Elizabeth has already "miscarried." She'd better tell Nik pronto.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At least Elizabeth has already "miscarried."

I mean, it saves us from BLQ fake belly, version 2.0, so small win for us...

32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Excellent point.  They're all (and by all I mean the vast PCPD force of Jordan and Dante) running around looking for Esme while The Hook is skipping along undetected.  Hope Elizabeth is on their Christmas card list.

We don't seem to be able to edit yet (probably temporary due to the upgrade), so I posted about Elizabeth needing to tell Nik pronto too soon. She did, and more importantly, Nik didn't browbeat her about it. The fake affair is gross enough. I'm glad a baby

Joss, how about you stop daydreaming about kissing Dex and tell your actual boyfriend that you want to break up? Ugh, she's awful.

I loved Carly's expression when Drewfus was starting to connect a few of the dots. LW played that just right. But Drewfus, Phyllis is RIGHT THERE. Talk to her, you dope.

And gross, we have to watch the dolts tell the idiot child he's going to have a baby sister. Oh, how I want this baby tocked.

5 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Oh no! I just read the sad news that Sonya Eddy (Ephiphany) passed away last night at age 55. I loved her character and the actress.

Oh, that is terrible. Pip ran hot and cold for me, but Eddy was always wonderful.

• Like 5

So if Liz "miscarried" her baby, how is Nikolas going to explain a baby showing up from out of the blue?

Dumb, dumb.

So how soon does Cam find out  and feel some of grief for this lost sibling and then sympathetic towards Esme who is being held hostage.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We don't seem to be able to edit yet

Actually you can. They just removed the icon and put "edit"  under the three ellipses located in the upper right hand corner next to your avatar.

I'm glad a baby

A baby...?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
38 minutes ago, racked said:

That is a really good point, which I hadn’t even considered. I wish there was some shred of explanation for why Liz is doing this. Yeah Esme hurt Cam, but Liz seemed barely present for that storyline. Are we supposed to think the Reiko reveal has made her lose her mind? It’s so stupid. 

And what she did to Cameron hardly merits a life imprisonment or possibly death sentence.  The punishment has to fit the crime AND there's a good reason that victim's and their families aren't allowed to unilaterally decide punishments.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad a baby

A baby...?

Got distracted and didn't finish my thought, which is: I'm glad a baby is no longer a part of the lie Nik and Elizabeth are trying to sell.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

How Spencer and Cam the two people in Port Charles with the most sense and brain power? 

Everything Spencer told Not my Nik, was right out of the audience's thoughts. But, the best parts was: him worrying about his relationship with Cam, telling Nik he took advantage of Liz in an emotional state, and wondering which girlfriend he banged now and not seeing any sibilings right now.

NAC really be acting down along with Maura and Becky.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So if Liz "miscarried" her baby, how is Nikolas going to explain a baby showing up from out of the blue?

He'll confess to a third one-night stand with an unknown woman who decided she didn't want to raise the kid herself.  Who could doubt it?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Got distracted and didn't finish my thought, which is: I'm glad a baby is no longer a part of the lie Nik and Elizabeth are trying to sell.

Thank goodness for small favors.

But other than to TOTALLY ruin his character, what was the reasoning for bringing Jeff back, when it seems to have fizzled?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And gross, we have to watch the dolts tell the idiot child he's going to have a baby sister. Oh, how I want this baby tocked.

This reminds me of the whole "we must keep from Wylie that Willow is not his mother' thing.

The child psychologist would most like say to them "You can pick form two choices. You can tell Wylie that Willow is not the mother who carried him in her belly as she is carrying this new sister, that was another woman called Nelle who died. Nelle loved you {optional for later:  but she had a sad life and that made her do things that hurt people.]. Nina was Nelle's mother like Carly is your daddy's mother.

Or you can continue with your plan to hide the existence of Nelle until Wylie turns 18 and tell him then. If you do, he will wonder what was so terrible about Nelle that he couldn't be told about her and what genes from her he might have inherited. He would wonder why he never got to see Nina, there in town, since Carly was there all the time (and Nina would tell him how she went to court to try to get the right to see him). "

If the psychologist was being candid, they would tell Willow and Michael that there is more chance of hurt for all three of them, Wylie, Willow and Michael, by keeping the truth from Wylie.

But Willow and Michael aren't called 'the dolts' for nothing.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The child psychologist would most like say to them "You can pick form two choices. You can tell Wylie that Willow is not the mother who carried him in her belly as she is carrying this new sister, that was another woman called Nelle who died.

Odds are good that he will ask if Willow had him in her belly too, or at least I hope he does. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Odds are good that he will ask if Willow had him in her belly too, or at least I hope he does. 

Cue Willow having a meltdown and having to be reassured by Michael, Carly, Joss, Olivia, BLQ, and Annabelle the Second that she is Wiley's one and only true mother.  After which, they'll all decide Wiley asking was, wait for it...all Nina's fault.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cue Willow having a meltdown and having to be reassured by Michael, Carly, Joss, Olivia, BLQ, and Annabelle the Second that she is Wiley's one and only true mother.  After which, they'll all decide Wiley asking was, wait for it...all Nina's fault.

The one time I wished the Q stairs had done their job when Nelle tossed herself down them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Drama is not watching whether a grandmother can participate in her grandson's life.

Drama is watching Maura West portraying a 'woman scorned'.

Enjoyed the Alexis/Drew scenes.  Being Carly's loyal golden retriever must not be much fun. 

• Like 13

Drew’s moment of clarity and suspicion last all of 1 episode. He quickly snatched the dumbest person in PC title back from Nikolas today. There’s being semi-clueless for storyline purposes and there’s whatever Drew is. It’s on an entirely different level. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Drew’s moment of clarity and suspicion last all of 1 episode. He quickly snatched the dumbest person in PC title back from Nikolas today. There’s being semi-clueless for storyline purposes and there’s whatever Drew is. It’s on an entirely different level. 

When he came to the conclusion that Willow was kidnapped, I was like God, you're stupid. There are these flashing neon signs going off, the sirens are blaring and Drew is staring blankly at Carly, so astonished that Willow may have been kidnapped from her parents. 

He is such a boob. 

Nobody can convince me that this man was a Navy Seal in charge of important missions.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved Carly's expression when Drewfus was starting to connect a few of the dots. LW played that just right. But Drewfus, Phyllis is RIGHT THERE. Talk to her, you dope.

Drew did talk to her. I can't remember what he specifically asked her, but I think it was about if Harmony had mentioned "Joan" to her and she had no idea. 

I loved Drew being true to his word and not just taking the firewoman's story as gospel and getting Alexis' help. I'm glad he didn't pussyfoot around and just called the woman out on her BS. This storyline has been moving at such a glacial, artificial, predictable pace, but hopefully this can continue him on the right track.

LW did her best trying to excuse Carly's gross actions because Willow didn't want to find her birth parents, but clearly even that thin excuse doesn't apply anymore. Drew mentions Willow's mother probably missing her child and she barely blinks. I think she's scared shitless of being caught in her lie, but doesn't care about the harm she's causing.

Ugh, shut up Spencer! Nikolas is being a colossal moron right now, but I am so sick of Mr. Stalker and his constant judgment and "this time I really mean it I'm done with you" self-righteous rants. Assuming that Liz was some wide-eyed innocent tricked into an affair, especially given Nik and Liz's history, was just stupid. And, if Nik or Liz had decided to sleep together, they are consenting adults who don't need to run it by their adult children. Unlike Spencer, Cameron is somewhat mature and if, like Spencer, he assumed Nik took advantage, he'd be able to separate his issues with Nik from his relationship with Spencer. And, despite this constant animosity and judgment towards his dad, he'll still whine about Ava being beneath Nikolas because of something she did when Spencer was a child. If he wants to be a better man be an adult and get over it already.

Oh, Liz you've never been that good a person. She's being incredibly dumb right now, but this doesn't even scratch the surface of the stupidest/cringiest things she's ever done.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

That’s what never jived with me in regards to it all being Willow’s choice whether to find her parents. She wasn’t willingly given up for adoption. She was kidnapped. If the mother wasn’t Nina, this would be seen as unconscionable. Even now, Willow only wants to know because she needs bone marrow. I don’t buy that she suddenly cares about the parent now when she makes comments about wondering what she got from them. It’s too late. 

• Applause 7
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ava needs to take a dose of STFU. As if she’s never done what Elizabeth supposedly did with Nik this time around. Silas, anyone? Hell, even Nina brought it up.

Also Morgan.

• Applause 1

Loved Ava bruning up Liz's cheating on Lucky with Nikolas. Is Liz going to lie to all her kids about this cheating on Finn too? Spencer knows, how long till he tells Cam.

Nikolas is telling Spencer she's pregnant. Liz is telling Ava there's no baby. 

Why is she even bothering with this? Tell the truth. No Elizabeth you're not a good person, you were cheating and lying for years on every husband. 

I actually liked the Joss and Dex. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2

Loved Ava and Spencer laying into Elizabeth and Nikolas today, especially Spencer.  I LOL'd when he was trying to guess who his father had cheated with and said "well, I don't have any siblings, so that avenue is closed" or something like that.  So now Elizabeth has told Ava she miscarried and there's still a pregnant girl locked in the attic.  What's the plan now, you two idiots?

Carly is truly a monster, but Drew is dumb as a box of rocks to not notice her deer in the headlights look as he was calling EMT woman on her lies.  The only positive is the investigation is moving forward because at least he knows Willow's mom is probably still alive.  He's driving down the right highway, he's just perpetually missing the exit.

• Like 9

I loved the Spencer scenes.  Every single word he said to Nicholas was 100% truth.  At the moment, Liz's elevator ain't going all the way to the top.  It makes an interesting juxtaposition with Carly.  A loathsome barracuda with all of her marbles in play.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

A scorned Ava should get back at Nik and Liz by seducing Cameron. It'll never happen though because that would be interesting and dramatic and we can't have that on this show.

Let's not put things like that out in the universe. We had Ava/Morgan, let's not have anything remotely similar to it.

Besides, Ava is a lot of hot wind now. Her threats tend to go nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

And in the middle of all this 'investigating' it never occurs to Drew that Carly lied. He knows that Harmony told Carly on her deathbed that Willow was Nina's. He figured out the firefighter's story didn't hold up. 

But the simplest truth. Carly is a lying liar who lies. Never even enters his brain. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

A scorned Ava should get back at Nik and Liz by seducing Cameron. It'll never happen though because that would be interesting and dramatic and we can't have that on this show.

God, please NO. And it's not as if Elizabeth and Nikolas actually had an affair. And like I posted up thread, Ava's hands aren't clean in the affair department, either.

And not for nothing, but Nikolas and Elizabeth have a longer history, and she knows him better than Ava does, so that line of hers just had me rolling my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Gross. I'm all for younger men/older women (my husband is 16 years younger than me) but just...gross. That would look like Cam getting it on with his grammy. 

This whole storyline is so stupid and pointless. Ava has reason to be pissed but she already forgave him for boning Esme, and yeah, she has no room to talk about fidelity or Liz's lack of morals. How many married men has Ava boned? I did laugh at her "This time, I did nothing wrong!" as if that surprised even her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I’d rather it be Spencer for the increased drama factor and the possibility of them teaming up to wreak havoc everywhere and screwing up Victor’s plans. It would be very temporary as Trina would be back in Spencer’s orbit, make him feel guilty and he would want to be a good guy again (rinse-repeat, sigh).

[I don’t remember much of Ava/Morgan, just the long screeching Sonny and Carly scenes following his death.]

• Love 1
3 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Gross. I'm all for younger men/older women (my husband is 16 years younger than me) but just...gross. That would look like Cam getting it on with his grammy.

How old is Ava supposed to be? Because Maura West is only fifty, just five years older than Becky Herbst, so maybe let's not put her in a walker just yet.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I’ve never felt less sorry for soap parents losing their kid than Sonny and Carly with Morgan. Dude was such a waste of space and their whitewash of him was something. He had no ambitions and treated everyone horribly. Morgan was not a good person and they made excuses for him at every turn. It was proof that without the Q name, Michael would have gotten no where in his life because those 2 had zero parenting skills when it comes to guiding their children and they only call them out when their kids are mad at them. 

• Like 9
37 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

I did laugh at her "This time, I did nothing wrong!" as if that surprised even her. 

That line is, in a nutshell, why I find Ava entertaining and Carly infuriating. There's a comic tinge to her self-awareness. If this soap opera thing hadn't worked out, Maura would have been great as a Samantha type on a show like Sex and the City

14 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Dude was such a waste of space and their whitewash of him was something. He had no ambitions and treated everyone horribly.

He loved penguins, though. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 7
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

How old is Ava supposed to be? Because Maura West is only fifty, just five years older than Becky Herbst, so maybe let's not put her in a walker just yet.

It's more about looks, here, for me. Becky looks about 15 years younger than she is. Maura, imo, seems older than she is. In the scenes with Becky, she looked more like her mom than her contemporary. And Cam is such a baby face, he could still pass for 15. Opinions vary, of course. 

If Ava really wanted to stick it to Nik, she'd bone Spencer, but he hates her so much I doubt that'd happen, tho he DOES like revenge and that would do it. But I don't wanna see that either. 

• Like 1