Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, if Nina did want to improve her chances at a custody hearing, filing while the kid's father is in jail on assault charges would be excellent timing. 

Oh, absolutely. I know she has plenty of stuff in her own past (which Michael and Carly will weaponize in a heartbeat), but she has an excellent case against Michael as a violence-prone douche. Can't you imagine a good "soap lawyer" quizzing him on that stuff?

Is it true, Mr. Corinthos, that you did time in prison for beating to death a woman named Claudia Zacchara? Do you also know the name Scott Baldwin? Did you assault Mr. Baldwin here at this courthouse on December 28 of last year? Mr. Baldwin is considerably older than you, isn't he? Was Mr. Baldwin trying to physically harm you?  

The Chase incident was just the two of them, and Chase would never tell Nina about it, but Michael has sucker-punched other people in public. There was Shiloh...twice, I think. (Pretty laughable, because as big a sleaze as Shiloh the character was, the actor looked as though he was more than a match for Chad Duell.) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, but then we would've gotten Jason/Carly, which is vile in a whole different way.

The difference between Jason and Drew is that Jason was a lost cause. Jason was sacrificed a long time ago at the altar of Carly and Sonny. They sucked all the personality out of him. 

I guess there is no personality that Carly can suck out of Drew since he doesn't even have one this go round.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

One of the things that bothered me the most is how Drew who is working with Sam and Dante on bringing down Victor did not think to tell them which tarot card is what and what the sentences to activate his conditioning and end it are. Not in a sharing mood, are we?

Don't they already know this? That's how they knew what card was safe for Victor to use. Jason (of course) figured it out before he was gloriously crushed by falling rocks. 

46 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

the actor looked as though he was more than a match for Chad Duell

Most of them do, which is why it always looks dumb when Michael tries to act tough. And he always seems to use a sucker punch, which is a terrible look for him. That's not strength, Show.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't they already know this? That's how they knew what card was safe for Victor to use. Jason (of course) figured it out before he was gloriously crushed by falling rocks. 

Unless I misunderstood, which is 100% possible, he told Carly what the cards were, how they were used and said that Britt and Jason were the only other two who knew about this. 

• Love 2

If Britt and Jason are the only others who know the specific card that activates Drew, that's really dumb. Jason is dead, and so far, Britt isn't involved in this stupid plaaan to get Victor. 

I don't get why the specific card still has to be a big sekrit, especially now that Victor knows Drew is aware. I know, I'm trying to apply logic here.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Just saw the Sam and Dante scenes from yesterday. They're so cringe.  I think the show thinks this is sexy. It's not.

On the other hand, Esme and Spencer has somewhat of an intriguing quality about them.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why the specific card still has to be a big sekrit, especially now that Victor knows Drew is aware. I know, I'm trying to apply logic here.

Logically speaking, Drew should have been taken by the hand and walked to Kevin's officer to be deprogrammed like Dante was, but no one is doing that for him even though everyone knows that he is a walking time bomb and he certainly isn't trying to help himself either. All for the sake of plot point writing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, but then we would've gotten Jason/Carly, which is vile in a whole different way.

True but whatever they’re doing with Drew/Carly makes it obvious that they don’t see Carly as a character who can stand on her own without a man propping her up and telling her she’s amazing, brave, strong, etc. They had the perfect opportunity to give her an arc with Jason and Jax gone but they just slotted another guy in.

I know characters on soaps are rarely single but Carly’s reliance on a man is so beyond a pairing and truly toxic. It’s why I always cringed when LW cheerleaded Jarly and talked about how Carly always had Jason’s support, which allowed her to get into whatever trouble she wanted, with zero self awareness of how that sounded. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8

I don't think it's so much that they think that Carly can't be without a man but rather that they see her as the star of the show and on a soap, the star must always have a romantic interest (or two or three) smitten with her.

35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Logically speaking, Drew should have been taken by the hand and walked to Kevin's officer to be deprogrammed like Dante was, but no one is doing that for him even though everyone knows that he is a walking time bomb and he certainly isn't trying to help himself either. All for the sake of plot point writing.

Drew sacrificed on the altar of Carly. There is no need for Carly, Sam or even Dante to be involved in this.

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why do people keep saying Dem-meat-er?  It's Dem-eh-ter.

That's what I couldn't understand because I'd been taught to pronounce it Dem-eh-ter. But apparently Google says the way Dante is saying it is right.

7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

She said she cleared the trip but I’m sure her boss didn’t mean ‘sure you can leave any time you want. Don’t worry about your shift or giving us time to find someone to cover. You Just go have fun.’  

Michael's entitlement assumes everyone will fall instantly into what he wants.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Is it true, Mr. Corinthos, that you did time in prison for beating to death a woman named Claudia Zacchara? Do you also know the name Scott Baldwin? Did you assault Mr. Baldwin here at this courthouse on December 28 of last year? Mr. Baldwin is considerably older than you, isn't he? Was Mr. Baldwin trying to physically harm you?  

The Chase incident was just the two of them, and Chase would never tell Nina about it, but Michael has sucker-punched other people in public. There was Shiloh...twice, I think.

That made me laugh because this morning I was reading about the Adverse Childhood Experiences questionnaire (e.g. a parent with a toxic temper or having spent time in jail) and the studies that connect having a high score to bad health and mental outcomes. And that's not including a grandfather who is a mob boss and a hitman uncle.

If only Nina could pull out that gun.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know if the writers are going to look into Greek myth for this, but Demeter is Persephone's mother.

And since Demeter's responsible for the seasons, the name's  a pretty clear sign that a weather control story is coming up.

Edited by rur
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
On 3/18/2022 at 7:18 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

Why can't any relationship in GH have nuance to them? The second that real!Jason returned, she demanded that Drew give up the life he built with Sam so Jason can be made whole, even carrying out plans to get Sam and Jason back together. He doesn't have to hate her, but can't he at least have him remember how willing she was to do this to him, and she hasn't changed.  Why does Drew have to constantly give her a tongue bath. He was the one imprisoned and tortured.  I am not asking for the writing precision of Breaking Bad, they took tons of time on 13 episodes a season, but they can remember some history.

Lazy writing?  God, I feel compelled to say that way too often.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, Daisy said:

Lmao
Jasonlite "didn't you think about your kids?"
Carly; "No, didn't even cross my mind."

Truer words never spoken.  Now the bigger question is why is this dumbass (Jasonlite) simply not going to Kevin and I dunno... become de-conditioned? 

Shut up Shawn

what ulterior motive does Nina have to be with her grandson, dumbasses. this is so freaking frustrating. also they want to go to Paris so badly they don't have proper childcare secured for their spawn?

Oh please. please let this reporter sue Michael for assault. (and also. he does bring up a good point. i remember learning in law classes that a lot of sex videos released was done by one of the participants. a lot of times they deny it, but then they basically want to have the 15 minutes of fame and what not. I am more surprised more people aren't pushing that angle than "oh yeah of course it was Esme." 

Jordan is my hero. 

willow faints because Michael gets arrested. lol okay. 

SLS is also a a convicted felon.  For a violent crime.  So he can go away for a long time even for misdemeanor assault.

Please Show, please, let that happen.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:56 AM, Blackie said:

Why does Invader guy stalk the halls of GH for comment on a college students  sex tape?

Why is so much couple drama tolerated in Baby Jail?

Lazy writing?  

• Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 5:49 PM, ffwbe said:

IMO LW has always struggled with romantic chemistry. She’s the only female vet whose never had a “hot” pairing. Her best one was CarJax but I even found them lukewarm. It’s the opposite of the first 2 Carly’s who were chemistry magnets. 

The knowing the real Jason crap will always annoy me because god forbid she remembers that this is the brain damaged version of Jason and he had a whole life before this along with loved ones. The “real” Jason would have hated what he became and how he treated his family, Ironic when she gets mad at everything Sonny did while he had amnesia. 

Of course she got upset.  She wasn’t in control and it wasn’t all about her.  SheBeast is a narcissistic control freak.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Oh, absolutely. I know she has plenty of stuff in her own past (which Michael and Carly will weaponize in a heartbeat), but she has an excellent case against Michael as a violence-prone douche. Can't you imagine a good "soap lawyer" quizzing him on that stuff?

The Chase incident was just the two of them, and Chase would never tell Nina about it, but Michael has sucker-punched other people in public. There was Shiloh...twice, I think. (Pretty laughable, because as big a sleaze as Shiloh the character was, the actor looked as though he was more than a match for Chad Duell.) 

Isn’t Michael medically prone to violent mood swings from when he got shot in the head and went into a coma?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Most of them do, which is why it always looks dumb when Michael tries to act tough. And he always seems to use a sucker punch, which is a terrible look for him. That's not strength, Show.

It would be fun the next time he pulls that crap to have the person he hits shrug off his punch and then proceed to give SLS a beat down.  Think Ray Liotta pistol whipping Lorraine Bracco’s asshole neighbor in ‘Goodfellas’.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, rur said:

And since Demeter's responsible for the seasons, the name's  a pretty clear sign that a weather control story is coming up.

They never said what happened to the weather control machine.  Maybe there will be clones of. Ike’s and Helena with their memories implanted to resurrect them.  That would be an improvement over a lot of shit from the last year.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Maybe there will be clones of. Ike’s and Helena with their memories implanted to resurrect them.  That would be an improvement over a lot of shit from the last year.  

That exact stuff is why I've stopped watching Days of Our Lives.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, lala2 said:

I thought LW and RoHo had great chemistry as Tarly and Cranco. 

I agree for the first iteration, somewhat less so for the second. And when they entered the whole “I want Carly’s candy” phase, it just got gross and needed to end.

I could buy Carly/ Drew if it evolved slowly, with some issues addressed. But as is, it just feels forced. And let’s face it, this show doesn’t know how to evolve a story. It’s either jump to the end goal, or play it out in fits and starts. Neither of which makes a satisfying story.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ljr said:

Why does anyone care about a sex tape of joss and cam? Is she kim kardashian or paris hilton?

They’ll probably play up Joss’ connection to Sonny but I laughed as well. It’s like they can’t decide whether Port Charles is a tiny town where everyone knows each other or a sprawling metropolis where all of these wealthy people flock to. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They’ll probably play up Joss’ connection to Sonny but I laughed as well. It’s like they can’t decide whether Port Charles is a tiny town where everyone knows each other or a sprawling metropolis where all of these wealthy people flock to. 

it's like i said. they just went to zero to revenge sex tape scandal and i am like, but why? like i know from Esme's end she wants Trina to be charged with this, but i am more surprised that people aren't saying Joss (or Cam) did this.  most sex tapes are made by one of the parties in question (if not both), and if leaked it's basically so they can launch that into a social media/personality career. - or if they are focused on the "revenge" it should be on Cam  (but since they are together, they could sort of do what they did on OLTL, where Ariana had a stalker and then it was revealed to be her boyfriend Rex for some dumbnesss reason he + Dorian came up with). Since they are still together, the realistic angle would be the cops etc making sure that these two didn't do it to get some 15 minute fame. 

also it is dumb that the reporter is making it out to be some mob angle (but i think it's just more evidence that they are basically making it that Jax doesn't exist, because the daughter of an international corporate raider etc being in a sex scandal sells more than "local mob's step daughter involved in sex videotape"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ljr said:

Why does anyone care about a sex tape of joss and cam? Is she kim kardashian or paris hilton?

Well, she was ~wait listed to Southern Coastal University and is quite the volleyball superstar, afterall...

• LOL 8

Shawn is way too controlling for a man who is not in a relationship with Alexis. Gratitude for her help getting him out of prison is one thing, caring about an ex is another, but this telling TJ to look after her is approaching stalker territory.

Should Jordan be drinking alcohol with her kidney situation?

Why isn't Epiphany taking nurse practitioner training?  (On Transplant, Claire got tired of being given orders by doctors who didn't know as much as she does and went for her nurse practitioner accreditation.)

What is the big deal about Willow fainting and everyone acting like it's such a huge thing? (I fainted occasionally while I was pregnant and all my mother did was tell me that if I tried to drive, she'd have to tell the provincial police to take my license away.)

Michael: "[Nina] does horrible, hateful things and then claims that she doesn't mean them. Who does that sound like to you?"  Me: Carly. And unlike Nina, Carly also claims that other people forced her to do them.

Michael is very much manipulating Sonny about "choosing Nina" over his family cuz it's pretty obvious that he wants Sonny to put a hit on Nina (well taught, mob family), and pushing that the family is not lost to him, even more strongly that Carly did.

Sonny being this much more mature than Michael was not on my bingo card.

Alexis giving Josslyn the opportunity to control the narrative will help Joss more than everything going all hysterical about this (and punching reporters).

4 hours ago, ljr said:

Especially since what we saw was so vanilla. Why would anyone who didn't know them watch that?

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

because the daughter of an international corporate raider etc being in a sex scandal sells more than "local mob's step daughter involved in sex videotape"

Not on this show. No one ranks higher than the mob. 😣

• Love 10

I'm no Sonny fan but today he really should have gladly taken the opportunity to distance himself from Carly's awful children. Including the use of his lawyer that he keeps on retainer. Do y'all believe Michael was paying Diane?

Montage song was weird. When Nina was looking at pics on her phone, some looked like a cuter kid then Wiley. Are the going to Soras/recast him?

I did laugh at TJ getting up and going over to kiss Molly to shut her up

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why isn't Epiphany taking nurse practitioner training?

that is what I was thinking

• Love 8

The writing has done absolutely nothing to make me like Michael. If anything, every episode Michael shows up, I just want someone to punch him into next year. I was really hoping Sonny would do it. Michael is making me root for Sonny. Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina *takes a breath* Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina Nina. Bitch, clean out your ears and maybe listen, you manipulative boil.

ENOUGH already! 

I could have sworn that it was mentioned a while back that Harmony did work at Creighton Clark. And that would explain how she ended up with Nina's daughter. I think the twin direction is a lot more plausible this way. Nelly was sent along with Phyllis to Florida and Madeleine gave Willow to Harmony and sent her on her way. Nina wouldn't have known she was pregnant with twins. 

Alexis had a good point about publishing the story about the sex tape. At least this gets to be done on Joss's terms.

Is Shawn on a farewell tour or something? When is that plane departing, Shawn? People (me) would like to know.

Why are doctors suddenly mouthing off at Pip? They never did that until we got her sob story about how her might have been career was railroaded by some professor. 

Just to reiterate, Michael is a fucking hateful and awful character. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why isn't Epiphany taking nurse practitioner training?  (On Transplant, Claire got tired of being given orders by doctors who didn't know as much as she does and went for her nurse practitioner accreditation.)

Idk but it’s dumb. I have a few nurse friends who became NPs and the big reason for that versus the MD route was that they didn’t want to go back to undergrad to complete additional prerequisites that they didn’t need for their nursing degree, followed by 4 years of med school, then a residency and possible fellowship. Pip would be close to retirement age by the time the training is over

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

this telling TJ to look after her is approaching stalker territory.

It infantilizes her, as so many of the characters on this fakakta show are. Also, it's not like TJ sees Alexis all the time the way it is. He barely has time to see his domestic partner, and they live together. Just when is he supposed to check on Alexis? Shut up and go away, Shawn, you gorgeous waste of time. (ETA: LOL that immediately after I posted this, we see Molly and TJ together in the MetroCourt.)

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
5 hours ago, ljr said:

Especially since what we saw was so vanilla. Why would anyone who didn't know them watch that?

If Cam and Joss are going to mocked for anything, it should be for how chaste the whole thing was. And then people instantly forget because it was so boring.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Today's Story

Bridge of Stupidty
Carly is all "Sup Willow." No answer. Dianne calls Carly and lets her stupid son is arrested and whines why. Dianne tells her it was because her stupid son punched a reporter in front of the commissioner. Carly sighs that she raised such a moron and tells Dianne she'll be right there

Metrocourt Dining Room
Shawn happily hugs the town mob kingpin just having told Alexis that she has bad tastes in friends. Stay awesome Shawn. Sonny stutters that Olivia has food for him. Sonny blows smoke up Shawn's ass for turning the Invader from Scandal Rag to Legitimate Paper. (which i have to point out - papers like National Enquirer etc are legitimate even though they are Scandal-Rag driven. What they basically mean is more reputable. And i also find it hilarious that they didn't A: change the name, B: show it took more work than like overnight (for example if someone wants this thing- why would they want the Port Charles Times or something?) but per usual since it's port charles it's just Magic, and  basically all this ranting is me ignoring what Sonny is stuttering about, moving on). Basically Shawn is pouting that Alexis shot him down. GOOD. 

Invader Offices
Alexis is wistfully looking at the card Shawn wrote her when Beat Reporter comes in. Alexis chides him for showing up uninvited and says "Email me." Beat Reporter is still flogging his stick over the sex tape .

Jason's Second Home (aka Interrogation Room 1)
Dianne says she contacted Carly and is trying to get justice for Joss but Michael being a moron doesn't help. Michael is going to be arraigned tomorrow unless Beat Reporter drops the charges. Michael sasses that it won't be the first time. (weren't you all horny to get to Paris? why are you so okay with staying in jail overnight?) Dianne laughs sadly and tells Michael he sounds like Jason. Michael snorts and asks how often did she had to do this with Jason. Dianne says triple digits but Jason was never dumb enough to punch someone in front of the police chief. 

Speaking of Police Chief, Jordan shows up and tells Michael he'll be going to holding soon. Michael wants to to know "what are you doing to catch the bastard who ruined my sisters life?" (to which. okay. again - yeah having your sexytimes on the internet is horrible and it shouldn't happen to anyone. but in the grand schemes of things. ruined her life? I mean they basically already said that Spinelli magic waved this all away so basically. it's PCU, and horny teenagers watching it . why are they treating this as this is the first sexytape ever done in existence? I really sound like i'm diminishing it - and i'mnot but they are treating this as if this was a massive car accident and Joss can't walk again or seriously violated (rape. abused etc) and there's a LONG road to recovery. It's a sex tape it's a big deal as Carly pointed out because everyone is making it one. again not diminishing that her privacy was violated but again "ruined her life." is very hyperbolic here, and yes again my ramblings on is to ignore the fact that I hate Michael's hair and his 4 faces of acting).

Charlie's Bar 
Phyllis and Harmony (Lorraine?) catch up. Phyllis says that they were nurses in the same facility where Phyllis took care of Nina. (okay seeing how the threads are being woven). 

Hospital
willow is still passed out. TJ sees her. "Can you hear me?"

credits!

Hospital
Willow decides to come to. TJ is going to admit Willow. "Call my mom." Willow says. TJ calls Harmony and lets her know the situation. Harmony ditches Nina and Phyllis after telling Nina she'll think about what she said.

Interrogation Room 
Jordan reminds Dianne she can't go into details of an ongoing investigation. "Ahhhhhhh" goes Dianne. "So there's an investigation?" "SHE'S MY SISTER COMMISSIONER." Michael bleats. Jordan rolls her eyes and states she just really found out about it so if she finds something she'll let them know. (so much for "not being able to go into details, " you ninny.

Since this is the family interrogation room, Carly just storms in. Michael is all "Why didn't you tell me about Joss." "I was gonna but i was busy ruining Jasonlite's sting operation!" (also. maybe since this is JOSS'S business she didn't want Michael to know but let's not mention that). Carly wants to know about the reporter, Jordan infodumps her that he's ScandalRag not SuperSerious so Carly thinks Alexis can handle him maybe. Hugs for moron son, and Carly splits. Michael "acts" by frowning. 

Hospital
Willow freaking out that Michael is being held overnight. Piph sasses Willow about taking care about herself. TJ asks to be kept updated. Piph glares at  TJ. (why hasn't this woman been fired from her job?)

Invader Offices
Beat Reporter sells this as revenge porn, (We learn in NYS that revenge porn has been illegal since 2019). but he believes in this story, because he listened to all that Alexis said. But when he mentions the mob angle. Alexis says "See Salicious angle, and this isn't what we do." (again why are we focused on this being revenge porn? how did we get here immediately? ) Alexis finally learns it's about Joss.

Metrocourt Dining Room
boring, snoring, boring snoring, Sonny calls Shawn a Media Mogul., Shawn admits he just wanted a fresh start, and Sonny says good for you, it doesn't happen for everyone. (can Shawn take Sonny to San Fran? that would be nice).

Metrocourt Dining Room
we're talking about the divorce. thank GOD Molly and TJ show up. oh wait more smoke blowing. Can we skip this please?  Sonny gives Shawn best wishes. Shawn says "Thanks Friend." (the MOB BOSS.)

Invader Offices
Alexis says that this story is better than most of the stuff Beat Reporter comes up with but then why did Michael punch him? Beat reporter responds by saying that he did ask if the two put it up themselves (which is a legitimate question), but alexis doesn't think so as she clutches her pearls and exclaims "you provoked the victims family by sensationalizing the story, do you see why I doubt your ability to report?" (this from the woman who has been an editor in chief for 2 minutes and had no experience. stay awesome, Alexis). Beat Reporter wants to have an invader bylan because it's such a great paper now, everyone loves it. He wants to know if they have a deal

"I'll think twice before that." snaps Carly

Hospital
Willow is stressed out and haven't eaten all day and that's why she fainted. Piph chides her but then laughs that they've all been there. Piph tells her how she had coffee pains when she was a baby nurse. Willow is surprised how much she loves nursing. (i mean she has worked as a nurse for legit 2 seconds but sure). Piph loves her job.

Interrogation Room
Sonny flew from the Metrcourt and asks mIchael if he's okay. Michael is a snot face brat and is all "sure. fine. whatever." to Sonny's questions. Dianne leaves saying that she'll work on the paper work. and Sonny asks "What happened." 
"Doesn't concern you."
"I know you are angry. But I can help you"
"I don't need anything from you. I don't need your help? is that clear enough?"  Oh for god sakes, Michael grow up and then shut up. 

Interrogation Room
"listen to me you are my son and I love you. Jordan giving you a hard time?"
"Jordan is doing her job. I punched a reporter in the face."
"Was it self defense?"
"He was getting in my face about Joss." Please just.. go away Michael.
Sonny is shocked because no one told him about Joss. Michael states it doesn't concern him. Sonny reminds him that if it's about Joss it does concern him.  "really?! I thought you didn't care about anything these days except Nina." are you freaking for real? this is a retort i could buy from Spencer because he's 18. You're supposed to be 30+ and that's your comeback, you stupid clown?

Sonny legit rolls his eyes "leave my personal life out of it. my family has ALWAYS been prio #1, and comes first."  Michael snaps back "No. NINA comes first. and FYI Joss isn't your family anymore." Sonny glares at the stupid moron that he raised. 

Charlies
Nina whines about Millowtonin and how she wants visitation rights. Phyllis doesn't blame her but wants to avoid court. Nina agrees, but she doesn't want this becuse Michael is a sneaky craphole who would bribe a judge. Nina explains the Mommy trap plan. Phyllis hopes this works out because the brat needs all his grannies. 

Hospital
Willow infodumps Harmony. Harmony freaks out that she was going to lose Willow after fighting so hard to get back to each other Willow goes "not losing me." Harmony channels her inner Carly and says she's gonna demand to get a doctor. Regretably the target is Piph, so Piph sasses back at Harmony. 

Metrocourt Dining Room
Molly's frosted hair is weird. Jordan shows up, hugs, and scolds Shawn for leaving just as she comes bacs. more hugs, etc, skip and boring. Jordan is all "it will be great to work together!" Molly replies "yeah same! I mean Mac is okay but you are awesome!". shut up Molly

Invader Offices
Carly wants to know if this is the reporter that is profiting off Joss. Beat Reporter isn't afraid of carly. "You must be Michael's mother. I had the pleasure of  meeting him. well his fist." hee heee. Carly tells Beat reporter that  they are gonna sue the pants off him. Alexis looks amused but stops them. She kicks out Beat Reporter. 

Alexis apologizes to Carly to what Joss is going through. Carly says if she means that you won't publish this story. "That would be a mistake," admits Alexis

Invader Offices
"are you kidding me? you are such a hypocrite! the great defender but when it's my daughter you want to exploit it?! What if it ws one of your girls!" whines Carly.

"I'd be livid." replies Alexis.  "but it's because of my daughters I think the Invader should report this. It's horrible that Joss and cam are going through this. but it's a big story, but if we run it first we can control the narriative. It's misogyny  (because Joss is getting the brunt of the bad stuff) and make it about consent in the digital age"  (right okay. cool do that but right now why are you all SO SURE that this is revenge etc? just one line please other than "joss couldn't do this" would be great right now)

Carly calms down with this angle, especially when Alexis reminds her other papers would make it trashy

Metrocourt Dining room
Tj wants to know why do girls go to the bathroom in pairs. (someone to talk to, duh). Shawn wants to know if TJ/Molly will keep tabs on Alexis because her friends suck (because you know, your friends are AWESOME, Shawn). 

Charlies
Laments about not knowing Nelle etc. Phyllis wants to know if it was for the best telling Nina about the baby and the heart necklace. She has regrets. Nina is happy that she has closure. Oh. Show decides to rewrite the whole thing by having Nina say "I shouldn't have told the two year old baby that Willow wasn't her real mom." (WHAT. EVER. SHOW). Nina says that was all said because of desperation because she was afraid that they are trying to delete Nelle. 

Hospital
Willow sends Harmony to get a sandwich. Doctor shows up "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE, PIPH?" he demands. Piph and Willow look at each other

Interrogation Room
"Joss will always be my daughter." (Jax's but whatever) "it doesnt' matter what is going on betweeen Carly and me." Michael doesn't believe this. "you want Joss to rely on you?" "YES!!" "Well why should she when you prioritize Nina?!" 

I kid you not - Sonny and I sighed and rolled our eyes at the same time haha I had to pause because i was laughing so hard. Sonny wants to say it didn't happen,, but Michael goes "that's what happened. you prioritized the woman who blew our lives apart." (NO MORON YOU DiD that and Sonny told the truth and you are pouting that you didn't GET YOUR WAY). Sonny has had enough and screams "YOU ARE DONE." (oh please kill him. please kill him) but instead of taking him out, he adds "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?"

Invader Offices
"I hate that Joss has to weigh this decision." Carly doesn't want things to get worse for Joss. Alexis is #teamjoss+Carly, but reminds Carly that the story will be told. Carly cries that Joss + Cam are starting their lives as adults and they are delt this hand. She decides it's up to joss, but if she doesn't' want this - she won't do it. Alexis reminds her there isn't a lot of time. (I'll have to say this is stupid. if this is such a "big story." the story would be out. it's been like 2 days already) 

Metrocourt Dinning Room
Jordan and Shawn start talkizzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hospital
Doctor has no time for Piph. Doctor is mad that Willow got preferential treatment. Piph starts sassing the doctor. Doctor says it's not the point. "We'll finish the discussion later." Doctor wants to know what's up, Piph says TJ examined her.  Doctor sasses "Since you started. FINISH the examination." Piph whines that she's been a nurse longer than the doctors have been doctors and why don't they trust her judgement (it's probably not the judgement that they don't trust but it's your attitude and how you broke hospital policy for a fainting spell, Piph). Anyway. Willow tells her to find a job where Piph can be bossy (aka be a doctor)

Charlies
Nina says that she and Willow had touching moments  but why she can't see that Wiley  and Nina have a connection (Nelle). they are laying this "Willow being Nina's daughter" sandwich filling thick Nina wants Phyllis to bleat in Harmony ear about Nina. Phyllis sighs and says I'll talk you up but I won't do more than that.

Interrogation Room
Sonny is tired of Nina being used as a weapon. Sonny asks "Did you want me to attack Nina?" Michael snickers and deflects. how Sonny is King of Payback but now you want bygones to be bygones (HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY YOU WANT SONNY TO KILL NINA ,YOU WEENIE). Michael says he doesn't want Nina in Wiley''s life because "she does mean horrible things, and then says she doesn't mean them." HEY! like your mother!! Michael adds that it sounds like Nelle. 
"Oh really? Nina's poisoning people now?"
"I don't know, maybe?!"  Sonny rolls his eyes as Michael adds "IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH." Lord have mercy I hate this idiot. anyway Michael says we don't need or want you. Joss doesn't want you. She'd rather have it played on Times square than take anything from you (well that would be something). You made your choice, and your family wasn't it.  (Again. him saying that he wasn't a victim - doesn't mean he wasn't choosing his family, he just wasn't a victim as he saw it. He wants to move past it. Y'ALL don't want to do that. YOU want NIna dead and can't have the ball to say it, and Sonny doesn't see a reason to, and now you are pouting. How dysfunctional is this.). 

Anyway, Sonny apologizes and hopes that his weenie brat can one day sees this. Michael "acts" by pouting.. Sonny leaves.

Charlies
song is playing as Nina leaves. (Before the Darkness, before the rain, if you wanna youtube it).  the song is crooning about pain like I had having to recap a Michael heavy episode. Nina is looking at her phone with Pictures of Wiley. 

Hospital
Willow is doing the same thing. Harmony brought her food, and hugs her. (we need real Harmony Back). 

Piph is looking at info about taking the MCAT. (can't she be a nurse practitioner? but whatever)

Invader Offices
Alexis is writing  the story, with Ghandi's quote showing. 
Carly is texting Joss (i am curious why they don't have Y&R/B&B texting/phone technologies). 

Metrocourt
Molly is prattling on about a story, when TJ legit kisses her quiet. LOL

Interrogation Room
Sonny wistfully looks at his dumbass ass son , and then walks out of the precinct. 

show ends
thank God

• Love 14

I don’t put much stock in that pseudo Spinelli reporter’s abilities if he didn’t know (or consider) that Alexis has her own ties to the Corinthos family and to Jax for that matter and probably wouldn’t be super willing to sensationalize a sex tape starring Josslyn. 

• Love 7

Sorry, Epiphany, protocols are there for a reason. You know that. Not good to be bitching about it to a student nurse either.

She's so used to bossing everyone around, she can't see when she is wrong. Or won't admit it.

Back up, lady. 

• Love 7

Mute goes on any time Michael is on. I can actually feel my blood pressure go up when I see his bitch baby face. 😠

Also, did we drop the weather story? Another rabbit hole we will see again in weeks or months when no one cares.

• Love 9

Why does Michael think that PCPD would be investigating whoever released the sex tape? Has anyone even reported this to the police? It isn't like they are just sitting around looking for non-violent "crimes" that no one reported. Michael, this wasn't a shooting, a break-in, a car accident. If Joss or Cam doesn't report it, then why should the police "investigate" it? IRL, why would Jordan even know about it? 

• Love 8

I thought it was incredibly self-serving of Nina to try to enlist Harmony in her suit for visitation.  I don't think she gives a rat's heiney about Harmony, she just wants to use her as a weapon against Millow. 

Maybe there's a kennel on the way to the airport, where Millow could drop off Wiley?

• LOL 1

I agree with those who think Pip should pursue being a nurse practitioner rather than an MD. She could also be a physician's assistant. I wonder if she'll figure out that becoming a doctor is too time-consuming and go for the more logical qualification.

I was kind of surprised the doctor who chastised her wasn't the same as the one who ragged on her about Marshall.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Why does Michael think that PCPD would be investigating whoever released the sex tape?

'Cuz Michael is incredibly stupid. 

Just now, dubbel zout said:

I was kind of surprised the doctor who chastised her wasn't the same as the one who ragged on her about Marshall.

For me at this point, it means that Pip oversteps the boundaries regularly and that they've had it with her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

I thought it was incredibly self-serving of Nina to try to enlist Harmony in her suit for visitation.  I don't think she gives a rat's heiney about Harmony, she just wants to use her as a weapon against Millow. 

Maybe there's a kennel on the way to the airport, where Millow could drop off Wiley?

well... considering that Nina said that she doesn't want to do that if she can avoid it and the plan was, Nina will help Harmony get more visitation (as well) because Harmony admitted that she doesn't get as much as she wants since Michael isn't allowing her to have much to do with the kid (that's what the scene with Willow + Michael in the breakfast nook waas about). - that Nina would talk to Sonny for Harmony's behalf as well and Harmony talks to Willow about Nina. OR they could both file claims. So i don't think she was "using Harmony"  considering she said she'd do this for her regardless of Harmony's decision to join her in the petition. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For me at this point, it means that Pip oversteps the boundaries regularly and that they've had it with her.

Yeah, I figured that was part of it, as well as to give her more impetus to further her education. 

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So i don't think she was "using Harmony"  considering she said she'd do this for her regardless of Harmony's decision to join her in the petition. 

Nina's motives aren't entirely for Harmony's benefit, but it's smart to team up with her nonetheless. These two are in roughly the same boat. And it's all because Michael has hissy fits. Ugh, he's such a stupid little shit.

• Love 5

Wait—sorry if I missed something, but is Harmony supposed to be Lorraine Miller, Carly’s sidekick from the ‘90s? It’d be interesting if Willow were her bio daughter, and her father were Tony! Carly and Tony’s children getting together, with Willow’s half-brother Lucas mistakenly raising her (thought to be) son for awhile would have been freakin’ amazing in better hands!

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

honestly.  - i would love it if the storyline kinda twisted there. like we're supposed to be on Piph's side here because "oh woe is me, no one respects my knowledge." but all you do is sass people and treat them like poo unless it's Sonny and his brood.  the way she said "well yah i knew what to do, this is what you woud have done, so i skipped a step."

yeah but it was an important step, dummy. (though this whole thing about admitting her was dumb. maybe i watch too much Grey's Anatomy, but i am just used to them sticking someone in the room with a banana bag, and calling it a day) this whole thing was just being set up for the whole "mcat dates" reveal. I am surprised Piph doesn't get chewed out more often. How she treated Valentin when he was in the hospital was disgusting. 

• Love 2

Wait - Port Charles has more than one paper??? :-)

That being said, Alexis' argument to Carly that an article she printed would be less salacious than "some other paper*" made some sense. Carly can't go to every paper/website/blog/whatever to demand that they don't publish anything about the tape. (I seriously doubt this story has that kind of appeal, but....)

Giving Joss and Cam an opportunity to tell their side of the story could be very helpful to them. 

* Wasn't The Invader "that other paper" just last year? So theoretically every other paper was better than they were. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I am surprised Piph doesn't get chewed out more often. How she treated Valentin when he was in the hospital was disgusting. 

Epiphany has terrible bedside manners. The chosen ones are treated rather well by her unless she wants them to stay in bed. The rest, she might as well be herding cows or something.

• Love 6

I’ve hung in there for so long thinking at some point Chad Duell would become a decent actor who could make us believe in his character. Nope. Not happening. What I really can’t understand is why TPTB haven’t hired another actor to take his place. It’s not like there aren’t about a million of them looking for jobs.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina's motives aren't entirely for Harmony's benefit, but it's smart to team up with her nonetheless. These two are in roughly the same boat. And it's all because Michael has hissy fits. Ugh, he's such a stupid little shit.

It would not be smart on Harmony's part if she teamed up with Nina because that would negatively impact her relationship with Willow if she takes her to court. Harmony wants a relationship with her daughter and grandson. Nina is only looking to build a relationship with Wiley in spite of his parents.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Nina is only looking to build a relationship with Wiley in spite of his parents.

well.... no. as she wanted to build a relationship with Wiley from the moment she realized  that was her grandson. she's not doing it to tick those two nimrods off, she wants to have a relationship with the kid because it's her grandkid. 

• Love 11