Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 hours ago, seasons said:

Poor Finn. First Anna now liz. Just not a Liz fan with 3 boys 3different fathers.

I will never understand why Liz's having three kids with three different men is treated as some sort of character defect when there are are several characters who have children with different dads--Alexis, Sam, Laura, Tracey, Carly, Ava, Maxie, Anna (her baby with David on AMC)--and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only Felicia and Liesel have the same dad for both of their kids.

The actress playing Esme is doing an excellent job but I need her to step up the evil if she really wants Joss to suffer :)  And I really hope Trina tears both Joss and Esme a new one if they accuse her of posting the video.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

will never understand why Liz's having three kids with three different men is treated as some sort of character defect when there are are several characters who have children with different dads--Alexis, Laura, Tracey, Carly, Ava, Maxie, Anna (her baby with David on AMC)--and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only Felicia and Liesel have the same dad for both of their kids.

It's a soap opera, so it is to be expected.  But, not only does she have 3 different kids with 3 different fathers, the father of her first was her best friend's boyfriend.  She tried to pass her husband off as the father of her second when she knew he wasn't.  She didn't know whether her fiance or his brother was the father of her third.  And she miscarried yet another child with yet a different man.  

However that's no different than Carly, who had 3 different men claiming to be the father of her first.  Conceived a second (miscarried) during angry sex and tried to pass it off as her husband's.  Then had another child with the angry sex dude who was now her husband.  Then had a fourth with a different husband.  And had a fifth when she went back for more angry dude as her husband.

And, just so I don't get accused of sexism, Sonny's first child was with his gf's cousin, then he was the angry dude above, then he had a girl with someone else while married to Carly, then had another baby with Carly, then had one with Ava, and half of those people he couldn't even stand at the time of conception.

Maxie also has 3 children by 3 different men.

Alexis has 3 x 3.

Edward had 4 x 3.

There are bunch that had kids by 2 different parents, but that's not so bad.

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Katy M said:

However that's no different than Carly, who had 3 different men claiming to be the father of her first.  Conceived a second (miscarried) during angry sex and tried to pass it off as her husband's.  Then had another child with the angry sex dude who was now her husband.  Then had a fourth with a different husband.  And had a fifth when she went back for more angry dude as her husband.

Wasn't there a soapy/dramatic paternity situation with #3 (Morgan) too? My recollection is that she was afraid for a long time that Ric was the father. He had taken Carly back to his place after she was drugged at a bar (by Faith), and when she woke up, they were naked in his bed. Then she'd gone home and immediately had sex with Sonny, with the inevitable pregnancy reveal a few weeks later. 

In actuality, Ric was only leading her to believe he'd raped her (like a warm-up for Franco and Sam next decade).  

51 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I will never understand why Liz's having three kids with three different men is treated as some sort of character defect when there are are several characters who have children with different dads--Alexis, Laura, Tracey, Carly, Ava, Maxie, Anna (her baby with David on AMC)--and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only Felicia and Liesel have the same dad for both of their kids.

Yeah, it's nothing I'd use as evidence of the relative moral quality of a character. It's a soap, and she's been on it continuously for nearly 25 years. Many of RH's male co-stars have come and gone, and some of them have taken their characters with them. 

Something else I can't really relate to (not just about Liz, but female characters generally) is "Why does she have to have another man? Why can't she just be single?" I see that on all the boards, and I usually just read it to mean "I hate the bitch, so I don't want her to get screen time." The only characters who are going to "just be single" on a soap are small children and people old enough to be written as post-sexual. 

For example, I can't stand Carly, but I'm never expecting her to be single for long. She'll be in a pairing, building to a pairing, or reeling from the recent implosion of a pairing. They're just not going to write LW as someone to listen to Michael and Willow talk about the birth-certificate story (the kind of writing Stella and Bobbie get). And there's a limit to how deeply the show is going to dramatize the running of a hotel, or the daily care of Donna. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Something else I can't really relate to (not just about Liz, but female characters generally) is "Why does she have to have another man? Why can't she just be single?" I see that on all the boards, and I usually just read it to mean "I hate the bitch, so I don't want her to get screen time."

I saw this semi-recently on the Days board about Sami?  She just found out X, why does she have to get together with another man? She should concentrate on herself and her kids.

That would be reasonable advice for real life. Soap operas don't work that way.  And for the most part, people wouldn't watch them if they did.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I will never understand why Liz's having three kids with three different men is treated as some sort of character defect when there are are several characters who have children with different dads--Alexis, Sam, Laura, Tracey, Carly, Ava, Maxie, Anna (her baby with David on AMC)--and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only Felicia and Liesel have the same dad for both of their kids.

I personally don't get it either, but I think it's just human nature at the end of the day and times are changing with what we feel is acceptable. But soaps are messy AF which is where their value for me is.

Like I didn't care about how closely related Dante/Sam are to be paired together, soaps are incestuous. Unless you're written off screen like Molly and TJ are (and even she slept with her uncle's cousin) or you'll never have a pairing again like Kristina, then the odds that a character will end up sleeping/having children/flirting with someone who is their ex's once removed cousin, twin brother/sister, brother/sister, half-brother/sister, best friend, dog walker, nephew/niece (by marriage, this isn't ASoIaF after all), brother/sister-in-law, father/mother-in-law, your half-brother's brother/half-sister's sister, ninja warrior (we should totally have that) or whatever are just off the charts. 

At least we moved on from Sonny calling some woman a bitchwhore while flinging barware. So small steps!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

And, just so I don't get accused of sexism, Sonny's first child was with his gf's cousin, then he was the angry dude above, then he had a girl with someone else while married to Carly, then had another baby with Carly, then had one with Ava, and half of those people he couldn't even stand at the time of conception.

You forgot Lily and her baby, although like Sam's it didn't survive. Six baby mamas (Olivia, Lily, Alexis, Sam, Carly, Ava) and seven conceived children. They really need to move him to the backburner for a while.

20 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Something else I can't really relate to (not just about Liz, but female characters generally) is "Why does she have to have another man? Why can't she just be single?" I see that on all the boards, and I usually just read it to mean "I hate the bitch, so I don't want her to get screen time."

Very true.  Also "I hate this character so I don't want her to be happy in a relationship."

Personally, I don't care if Carly is happy in a new relationship. I just want her to be on my screen less.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You forgot Lily and her baby, although like Sam's it didn't survive. Six baby mamas (Olivia, Lily, Alexis, Sam, Carly, Ava) and seven conceived children. They really need to move him to the backburner for a while.

I'm telling you, Sonny has supersperm. He doesn't even need to have full on sex to impregnate a woman.

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I will never understand why Liz's having three kids with three different men is treated as some sort of character defect when there are are several characters who have children with different dads

Honestly I think it was harped on by a particular fanbase whose favorite character didn’t have multiple baby daddies at the time. Same with how other female characters are branded as sluts for having out of wedlock or unplanned kids when it’s a soap staple. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
On 3/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

I cannot BELIEVE that the Metro Court was named after Courtney. (I was on a GH break then.) But that is the lamest tribute ever. 

I agree. I always thought that was dumb, and made the naming seem like an afterthought: 
“Check out my new hotel, the MetroCourt! …What’s that? You’re right, it does have part of your name in it! Because… I named it after you! Yes, that’s exactly what I did! Totally planned.”

19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm thinking that Esme was trying to steal Trina's phone to send the video from it. But at this point, I think the phone she sent it from is a burner phone or something that they won't be able to trace back to her.

As with most things GH, my memory is a bit hazy on this point, but didn’t we see Esme swap out Trina’s phone at Kelly’s one day? I seem to remember her putting Trina’s case on a different phone and thinking, “Oh good plan, that will fool her. With the same case on it, Trina will never notice that the actual phone itself is different.”

Unless something else was going on? Maybe she distributed the video from a burner, but just put a file copy on Trina’s phone to implicate her?

Either way, I was disappointed in the video’s lack of cheesy special effects. Couldn’t you give me just one star wipe, Esme??

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

He got Claudia pregnant?  Was she pregnant when Michael killed her?  

No she lost the baby. 
basically what happened was, Claudia and Sonny got married for mob reasons. and then Claudia fell in love with him becaues of course. but this was before Sonny realized Claudia was behind the hit that ended up getting Michael shot in the head. (let's also remember the reason WHY Claudia did this was because Sonny went after Johnny and severely messsed him up). So Claudia wanted to protect herself so she tried to get pregnant with Sonny's kid, because Sonny wouldn't murder the mother of his child but then she lost the baby (and tried to get pregnant with Rick but that didn't go so well). so then they had the big party at the Metrocourt and Sonny was basically threatening her right then and there and how he was gonna take her out for doing you know. mobby things and then so Claudia kidnapped Carly Joss was born, and then Michael killed claudia. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As with most things GH, my memory is a bit hazy on this point, but didn’t we see Esme swap out Trina’s phone at Kelly’s one day? I seem to remember her putting Trina’s case on a different phone and thinking, “Oh good plan, that will fool her. With the same case on it, Trina will never notice that the actual phone itself is different.”

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, which I think I am possibly wrong, because do you have extra room on your bench of hazy memories?

The way I remember it was that the burner had a black case, then Esme switched the cases to one that looked like Trina's, she did that at Kelly's. The bestest sister evah, making me wish Kiki was still alive, went to take a call from Avery about her pink crayon or the easybake oven or whatever. Trina went to the bathroom and left her phone behind, but Esme never got to it.

Then the bestest friend in the whole wide world evah whined to poor put upon dumb schmuck boyfriend, for ever dating her in the first place, about how Trina wasn't returning her calls or her text and that she had barely seen her. Then Trina had it out with the wholesomest friend evah who gave her a half-assed apology then defended her right to defend because not all heroes wear capes. Esme showed up, and there was a moment when she wanted to switch the phones, but Trina peaced out of the hallway of eye rolls and bestest person evah decided to go after her nemesis to make herself feel better for in fact being the shittiest friend in the whole wide world.

I think that's how it went down. But I swear there's clown music playing in my head when some characters come on the screen.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

No she lost the baby. 
basically what happened was, Claudia and Sonny got married for mob reasons. and then Claudia fell in love with him becaues of course. but this was before Sonny realized Claudia was behind the hit that ended up getting Michael shot in the head. (let's also remember the reason WHY Claudia did this was because Sonny went after Johnny and severely messsed him up). So Claudia wanted to protect herself so she tried to get pregnant with Sonny's kid, because Sonny wouldn't murder the mother of his child but then she lost the baby (and tried to get pregnant with Rick but that didn't go so well). so then they had the big party at the Metrocourt and Sonny was basically threatening her right then and there and how he was gonna take her out for doing you know. mobby things and then so Claudia kidnapped Carly Joss was born, and then Michael killed claudia. 

I remembered them getting married, but apparently I blocked out everything else until her death.

• LOL 2
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

then Michael killed claudia.

And started the story that was galactically stupid even for GH: Michael had a legit self-defense claim, yet the idiotic adults in his life decided it was better to try to cover the whole thing up. Which lead to Michael going to jail, getting raped, Jason going to jail to protect him, recasting Drew Garrett and getting the wimp/bore/overentitled Michael we have now.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And started the story that was galactically stupid even for GH: Michael had a legit self-defense claim, yet the idiotic adults in his life decided it was better to try to cover the whole thing up. Which lead to Michael going to jail, getting raped, Jason going to jail to protect him, recasting Drew Garrett and getting the wimp/bore/overentitled Michael we have now.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

He got Claudia pregnant?  Was she pregnant when Michael killed her?  

She miscarried when Kristina accidentally ran her down with her car. Part of Sonny’s public rant against Claudia which led to her taking Carly hostage included him thanking god that their baby didn’t survive

23 hours ago, lala2 said:

Am I the only one who saw some sparks w/Sonny and nuJordan? I am. Okay. That's fine. :)

I thought it Jordan was being all flirty too. It was uncomfortable to me. Yuck!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Line of the day and I'm only partway through the episode:

Trina;  Who the HELL are you calling dysfunctional you conniving bitch.  

Man, I'm going to miss Sydney as Trina because she is phenominal.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

Esme, Esme, Esme. 

I really like the actress and am completely fine w/the character sowing discord among the teens. I just wish we knew her endgame. At this point it seems she wants to hurt Trina b/c Spencer is close to Trina. Ok. Her issue should be w/Spencer, not Trina. He's her boyfriend, not Trina. He's the one who came to town under false pretenses, not Trina. That aside, Esme has continued to try to buddy up to Cam/Joss/Trina. Why? Because they are Spencer's friends? They don't like her but she still insists on faking like she wants to be friends w/them. I don't get it. 

I just want them to flesh out Esme already. Who are her birth parents? What is the reason behind all her craziness? This has been dragging out forever, IMO.  --- OK. I was typing while watching. Maybe we're finally progressing this story tomorrow. It's about freaking time. 

I'm still not going to understand how Trina is going to be blamed for this. It really makes no sense. Trina was completely out of it. Why would she set up a camera to record Joss/Cam having sex? And why would she release it weeks later? It is totally out of her character as Spencer said. They will have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to believe Trina did this to them. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 13

Kudos to whoever is writing Harmony's analysis of Heathcliff. Glad to finally hear someone who doesn't think that he's a hero.

This show really suffers from the fact that no one associated with Carly can lose. Immediately Trina jumps to Joss' defence and Joss would never believe that Trina posted the video.  Real conflict over; now it's just about Poor Joss again.  And Eden McCoy is not an interesting enough actress to front all these storylines.

"You would have been so much better if your mother had lived."  I fortunately missed the SWSNBN years but from what I read, uh, no, that's not true.

Finally some movement on the Esme/Ryan front! I hope.

Laura and Kevin were at the upscale MetroCourt so it really bugged me when Laura poured out the milk/cream from one of the metal jugs you get at a cafeteria.

• Love 5

Today's Show

Trina is getting the infodump of the sexytimes video. "I'm so sorry!" gasps Trina. "Are you?!" demands Esme.

Harmony is giving Kevin an infodump on Ryan. "Hello, Ryan." 

Britt is officially introduced to Baileylou. Maxie wants to apologize for the secrets. 

Laura, Jasonlite and Sam are trying to figure how to get Sheffield to spill the secrets. Laura doesn't want to loop in anyone  else. Dante shows up with coffee. Jasonlite hangs his head. 

Sheffield is visiting Ava at Windermere. Ava wants to know if it was really tea he wanted or gossip. Sheffield wants to talk about Spencer. "Spencer is struggling and it you and Nik is are making it worse."

Nik shows up to see Spencer. The guard is all. DOES SPENCER WANNA SEE YOU?! (i don't think that's how it works, Guard guy). Spencer strolls in and they have a look. 

credits!

Metrocourt
Britt says there is nothing to forgive. Maxie kept her safe and that's all that matter and we don't have to worry about  Peter. Maxie points out that Peter didn't kidnap Baileylou on her own, and the person who helped peter is free as a bird.

Sam's Place
Laura is hesitant to let Dante in on. Sam says we can trust Dante. Dante wants to be in, but has to split to go meet Kevin, "don't make any plans without consultiing me." Warns Laura. Laura leaves. "Plan? What Plan?" asks Dante. "The Plan to stop Sheffield" announces Jasonlite.

Wyndermere.
Sheffield infodumps Ava about Spencer. "is that somehow my fault?" Ava asks. "Yes. it's totally your fault. you pressed charges." Sheffield said. "Hello. he stalked me and my child." "Yes. not his finest moment, but I always felt we should keep family squabbles inhouse." the point of the matter - Sheffield doesn't want Nava to renew their vows.

Babyjail
Ryan is ignoring Kevin. Kevin says "better it stays that way."  
Spencer will see Nik. He tells Nik to thank his better angels that he's willing to see his father. "Does this angel have a name?" Spencer just stares at him.

PCU
Trina has no time for fools. "You are pointing your crooked finger at me?" Cam says we're not pointing fingers at anyone. Joss says "I AM! RIGHT IN HER FACE." Esme reminds them she and Spencer wasn't there. "There's a logical explanation." sighs Cam. "Oh there is." sasses Trina. "You all were set up." Esme has come at me bitch face.. And I will just point out. THIS  is great. like this fall out. But. what was the point?  Joss isn't blaming Cam or Trina. Team Amigo are right on Esme's butt because Esme was dumb and got caught. This didn't even have a chance to breathe. No one broke up, friendships aren't ruined. we don't have an Esme/Cam getting together and now she has to deal w/this secret between them so what's the point of this storyline? to have people yell the same crap all the time? talk about a waste of a potential great storyline and storyplots

Metrocourt
Britt and maxie think it's Sheffield. Maxie is tired of looking over her shoulder she just wants to spend time with her kids. James and Georgie love Baiileylou. (this is not the baileylou that spent time with CLQ. i am convinced) Britt says she can take this time to really fall in love "Oh. i'm not going to rush things, we're going to take our time." Maxie announces. Britt gives a Spockeyebrow. "I mean with the baby." Maxie gives this great. eye opening "oh poop!" face, and goes. "RIGHT! Of course." Britt squeals "Who are you talking about?"

Laura and Kevin are talking about Ryan. He's not sure and is uneasy that Ryan won't communicate w/him.

BabyJail
Spencer says "Sheffield." Spencer points out Sheffield is #teamFamily and points out that Sheffield doesn't talk smack about Nik but all nik does is talk smack about Sheffield. Nik admits that he didn't expect Sheffield to be his champion and that he does have a point. Family is everything. especially today. Spencer is shocked that Nik remembers. (Well. i mean. dude. it's your birthday. thus it's pretty hard to forget that the baby mama died today. come on). Nik is sad that Spencer lost so much in his young life. Spencer cracks, that he even lost Nik twice."You haven't lost me, Spencer. I've lost you."

Wyndermere
Ava tells Sheffield that the vow renewal is none of his business. "You guys want to live in your own bubble, but you don't even think what this is doing to Spencer." okay this is where you play the "he's 18 years old." card. It shouldn't matter (now) who Nik decides to be married with because at the end of the day Spencer doesn't have to have a relationship with Ava. AT ALL. If this was a ten or even sixteen year old. it would make more sense. but at 18?  come on now. 

Ava has no time for this and basically says what I said. And then adds from what she seen, Spencer should concentrate more on his love life and less on mine. (haha). 

PCU
Trina and Joss  remind Esme about her stalking. Esme says that she made mistakes but nice deflection Trina. "If someone shows you who they are,believe them." Trina snaps back. and basically says how she did all this evil crap but now making sexytimes video is beneath her. Cam doesn't want to do this right now, and Trina snaps she doesn't want to do it at all but Esme is going after her and she will be damned if she's going to let that happen. Esme goes. "right. Trina isn't to blame here, it's my fault."

Everyone looks confused. As am I.

Metrocourt
Britt is all yaaahhhhh, AUSTIN. She thought that maybe Austin wasn't in the running anymore because of the mistakes he made. Maxie handwaves it. because Austin apologized, he's cute and quirky and wants to take things slow. Maxie wants to know why  Britt won't find love now.

PCU
Esme plays up the whole I set it up all up and I pushed for the weekend. etc card. (ah okay) She then goes "had I known if it pushed Trina over the edge." Trina explodes. "OH HAYL NO, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ME GO OVER THE EDGE!" And Cam has to hold her back. Esme drawls that she has no idea that Trina has anger issues. and then throws psychobabble at Trina, basically ending up with "I didn't realize you were so dysfunctional." "who the hell are you calling dysfunctional, you conninving bitch?!"  both do a stare down.

Babyjail
Nik says they are more alike then they think, starting with they both can't take responsibility for their actions. but Spencer is the greatest gift he has and he told Courtney that at the grave. "You visited mom at the grave?" Spencer says tearyeyed. "What did you say?" For failing Spencer, help being a better father. Courtney would have been a better influence. (really?).  Spencer brings up Ava and wants to know where she fits in. 

Harmony is reading Wuthering Heights to Ryan and points out it's really not a romance, it's a book on the price of obsession. Camera pans on his face. 

Wynderere
Sheffield says while vow-renewal is great for NAVA, isn't it ALSO about merging the family together.  how can you do that if Spencer isn't involved.  Ava says the sentiment is there, but it's about NAVA and she wants drama free.  Sheffield says, but Spencer and Nik are in a precarious situation and the small intimate ceremony would do just that If it's about finances, and Ava snaps "it's not that." Sheffield thinks it's settled and stands up to leave. "What ever gave you that idea? Please Sheffield. Sit down."  chides Ava.

Sam's Place
Dante gets infodumped about Jasonlite trying to be re-activated again (i'll point out that if Jasonlite was smart... he would have played along. DUH). Dante is like WHY does Jasonlite want this. "His Memories." Sam says. Jasonlite says that Andre maddox said those memories are gone.(wait. Whose Andre maddox) OH Jasonlite says they are going to fake out Sheffield  with what i suggested (faking him out with the fake Tarot card).  They are trying to figure out how to get fake Tarot card to Sheffield and sam goes. "Omg this is genius!". Everyone is like what? "Peter will give Sheffield the card."

PCU
Esme doubles down on the whole. "I didn't know you would turn on our friends this way if i provoked you." "ARE YOU PSYCHO? we're not friends, i wouldn't spit on you if you were on Fire." hisses Joss. Esme says she's sorry that she feels that way. Joss snaps she's not sorry for anything. Cam has had enough. "You are toxic, get out. " Esme says she'll leave and hopes that Joss realizes who her real friends are. 

Trina says had Esme said one more word. And now wants to know how joss is doing. Joss is trying to get herself together.  Joss is trying to figure out how esme  did it Did anyone see Esme near her room?  Nope both say. "I WISH THAT NIGHT NEVER HAPPENED." Blazes Joss.  Cam looks sad

Metrocourt
"you are like my mother!" Britt wails. (Maxie said "DON'T SAY THAT!" lol). It's a conspiracy! It's international women's month! we should be able to blaze trails without men! Maxie goes. me too. but romance is also part of the equation.  Britt comes up with excuses and Maxie shoots them all down.. "Did you think of a matchmaking service?" GAHRAHAHAHAHAHA goes Britt. (lol)

Laura is infodumping Kevin about Sheffield. All she really cares about is Sheffield leaving  town and not bothering Nik and Spencer.

Wynderere
Ava is thankful for Sheffield's concern. Sheffield says this is a curse of cassadines. We're either TEAM FAMILY or Not team family and that's how we get caught. All the Cassadines greats (Stavros, Mikos,Helena) tried to get the  family together and failed. He won't. Ava remembers about Laura said about getting Sheffield to squeal. "I have big plans." Sheffield says. "So tell me about them!" Ava asks

BabyJail
ALL Nik wants is a fresh start with Spencer. Spencer goes you didn't say everything at Courtney's grave, but she heard him now and Spencer thinks Courtney would want him to say... yes. (aww they are going to be a family again). Esme cuts in. Nik leaves. Spencer apologizes about being a jerk earlier Esme goes it's okay  Spencer tells her he won't bring up trina anymore. he knows how sensitive that is "Oh i'm not sensitive about Trina I'm on to her." hisses Esme (Esme makes me tired LOL)

Wynderemre
Sheffield says the only plan that matters is the vow renewal. Ava butters him up. It's only if Nik agrees to open up the renewal Nik and shows up. hugs and kisses. Nik goes "i thought it was just team us?" Ava says "yah but Sheffield says we should open it up and make an effort. We should invite Spencer." Sheffield says he'll do his part to convince Nik.  Nik says he's worried about Spencer finding out about Sheffields nefarious stuff (because who knew he was with peter?) Sheffield goes. "of course. I am totally up to something!"

Sam's Place
WSB has control of Peter's stuff. Baileylou via Maxie is the heir to that crap. so if they can plant it they can make Sheffield believe that the card came from Peter. Smoke blowing up Sam's butt. Dante says he might know someone to get this started. 

Metrocourt
Laura doesn't want to bring Tracey into the loop because she's a wildcard. Laura tells Kevin that Anna is going to Austria.. Kevin goes  Yeah she can handle everything. Laura agrees "but you still want to go to Austria too." Laura looks up and shocked. (I guess she did LOL)

BabyJail
"What do you mean you are onto Trina?" Esme is all "everytime i see you around, Trina is there.  you have an intimate relationship." Spencer defends Trina. Esme says maybe you don't know Trina.  

PCU
Joss tells cam she doens't mean the whole night. They want to go to the dean. "at least it's contained here on PCU." just then Trina gets a link to a porn site "HAVE WE GONE VIRAL?" asks Joss. 

Metrocourt
Kevin is SUPER supportive of Laura going Laura says this is sweet - but she's not going anywhere "There's a viper in PC. I'm not leaving."

Wyndermere
the motive is getting the Family united. They toast to the vow renwal.

Sam's Place
The belongings have been delivered. Peter didn't name Maxie as his heir.

Metrrocourt
It's Britt!  She'snot happy

PCU
Joss sobs "what do we do?" Cam says we "we get out of here." Trina gets a text from Spencer "are you okay."

Babyjail
room checks, so Spencer has to leave and gives CassGuard the phone back. 

Harmony leaves Ryan and Ryan blinks like a freak. Esme goes "are you okay I can get an orderly."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" rasps Ryan

okay i totally didn't see that one coming!

show ends

• Love 9

So I was surprised when Ryan spoke.

I was like oh, look, he's opening his mouth to try and speak, then his ass actually said words, shocking even Esme and of course, he was playing everyone all along. 

Were his eyes focused on Nikolas all along? Harmony talking about Heatcliff and obsession makes me think that Ryan isn't over Ava by a long shot.

The show was actually good, but Joss actress is weak sauce. They built a whole storyline around her and she's is just underwhelming. Her delivery of the line "have we gone viral" was bad and whoever came up with that line is equally bad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Didn’t we already know Ryan was faking? Part of me feels like this storyline was supposed to play out back when Alexis was there and it got postponed due to poor pacing hence why she had nothing to do but have visitors pop in to recap their SLs. 

I don’t get Esme’s plots because she seems to do things with no foresight. However the actress is entertaining. I also think this SL would have been 100% better if they didn’t write Joss as Carly jr and had allowed her to be snowed by Esme. Having her “see her for what she is” takes out what little punch this SL had and could have led to an actual Joss/Trina conflict when the truth was revealed. I’ll second (or third?) the comments that some SLs are limited simply because god forbid Carly’s kids are wrong. 

• Love 2

Esme looked like she peed her pants a little when Ryan spoke.  Good facial action on Avery Poll's part.  I'll give her kudos for today as well as Sydney Mikayla.  Also, everyone who guessed that Ryan was faking, gets a cookie!!

I also loved how Ava stood her ground with Victor and I enjoyed the looks she and Nik were giving each other as Victor way laying on the 'we are family' chorus so thickly.  

I'm thinking that with the accusation that Trina was the one who sent the video, the thing that will save her is that she was wtih Spencer at the cemetary at the time that it was uploaded, which will be her alibi, which will cause Esme's head to explode even more.  

• Love 5

There's no point bringing back Ryan if he wasn't faking it, so I wasn't all that surprised he managed to croak out a few words. 

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm thinking that with the accusation that Trina was the one who sent the video, the thing that will save her is that she was wtih Spencer at the cemetary at the time that it was uploaded, which will be her alibi, which will cause Esme's head to explode even more.  

Can't you set a timer for this sort of thing? Someone needs to insist that Cam and Joss go to the police. It's embarrassing, but it's also illegal. I know it's the PCPD, but crack commissioner Jordan is back. She'll get to the bottom of it. Next year.

I love that Kevin is completely unthreatened by Laura's relationship with Luke. I know it's not soapy, but it's a relief.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Esme looked like she peed her pants a little when Ryan spoke.  Good facial action on Avery Poll's part.  I'll give her kudos for today as well as Sydney Mikayla.  Also, everyone who guessed that Ryan was faking, gets a cookie!!

i nearly peed my pants.. I legit was not expecting that LOL

Honestly when you compare SM to EM - like Trina was stealing all of the spotlight  when Joss is the one who is supposed to be star right now. and then it's like even if you give the "stunned bunny" excuse. she was just flat. and I just feel when you have Cam who was really good, Trina who was stellar, Esme (who ALWAYS brings it). it's just more Obvious that Joss isn't. yet she's supposed to be the focal point

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I doubt she'll say anything, though, because Spencer will get in. If they go there and throw the accusation at Trina, then he will have to fall on the sword.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think they forgot about Kate’s old place but, yes Sonny owns it. He bought it because he knew Jax wanted it and didn’t want Jax living next door. 

Thanks for confirming! In "real life" that would be a great solution for the little girls -- Sonny could move in right next door and they'd feel more secure. (Hell, even if he didn't own that house I think there are supposed to be guest lodges, etc.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She miscarried when Kristina accidentally ran her down with her car. Part of Sonny’s public rant against Claudia which led to her taking Carly hostage included him thanking god that their baby didn’t survive

I thought there was an almost "double mistarriage" when both Carly and Claudia fell down the stairs while fighting, but ultimately only Claudia lost the baby?

(edited)
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The show was actually good, but Joss actress is weak sauce. They built a whole storyline around her and she's is just underwhelming. Her delivery of the line "have we gone viral" was bad and whoever came up with that line is equally bad. 

That part was SO clumsy. "Yes, Joss, you're the only couple on Pornhub. The whole world is talking about your stupid grainy video where you're lying there like a fully-covered dead fish." 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Catching up on the last two episodes.  I don’t know if Brando knew Sasha when she was on the drugs (I didn’t watch pretty much that whole story) but I thought it was pretty obvious she wasn’t acting herself.  Get a clue Brando.

Carly and her mini have one more thing in common - awesome hair.  Joss's looked really good these last few days.  The teen drama was good today.  I guess it would be more soapy if Joss blamed Cam or Trina but there is literally no reason for her to do so.  I have no idea what Esme was expecting to get out of any of this.

Add me to the group who got legit scared when Ryan spoke.  Creepy!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Immediately Trina jumps to Joss' defence and Joss would never believe that Trina posted the video.  Real conflict over; now it's just about Poor Joss again

I have a feeling this isn't the end ,  like Spinelli will trace it to Trina's phone or something like that. I think Esme's plan is not done yet

Baily-Lou-Nu not as cute as last baby, Was comfy with Britt, maybe doesn't like Maxie, I mean Maxie didn't even touch the baby.

• Love 2

I noticed today that moss has new digs. It moved to Sam's penthouse and left the bowl behind. I wonder if adoption papers were signed or if moss just ran away from the shit show that is Carly and Sonny.

• LOL 13
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I noticed today that moss has new digs. It moved to Sam's penthouse and left the bowl behind. I wonder if adoption papers were signed or if moss just ran away from the shit show that is Carly and Sonny.

I mean, if Moss hates children Sam's place is definitely a good residence seeing as Scout and Danny basically live at the Q mansion.

• LOL 5
52 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don’t know if Brando knew Sasha when she was on the drugs

He scooped her up and took her to the hospital when she OD'd at Cyrus' apartment.  Cyrus was going to let her die.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That part was SO dumb. "Yes, Joss, you're the only couple on Pornhub. The whole world is talking about your stupid grainy video where you're lying there like a fully-covered dead fish." 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Aw, Britt with her niece!  We've never seen her with James so this was cute for me.  I didn't really get Maxie giving her grief about her dating life, though.  We've seen a decent amount of Britt putting herself out there, first with that home brewing guy when she was first moving on from Jason and then her night out with Austin where she chatted up a bunch of dudes.  Maybe they're setting up some kind of triangle with her, Maxie, and Austin?  It's hard to tell.

I love Jon Lindstrom, but I remain very over Ryan and I remain unexcited that they're teeing up the possibility of Esme being his daughter when Kevin, Lucy, and Scotty's daughters are banned from the city limits.

Speaking of Esme, her scheme is very stupid, but Trina coming for her was hot.

Backing up to Friday, I mean, make that paper, Lynn Herring, but I still hate when they trot Lucy out as the town realtor.  Is this Deception IPO thing ever going to happen?  In any case, she looked very pretty (I'm liking the slightly lightened hair) and I'm happy her Martin thing is still a thing, though it's been a minute since they've been on-screen together.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I wonder if Esme's endgame is to get Spencer to lose faith in Trina, to stop giving her the benefit of the doubt and that hurting Joss was just an added benefit?

And I always love it when GH's greatest heroines--Laura and Anna--not only share scenes together but also appear to be working together to get the goods on Victor.  He doesn't stand a chance.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Laura and Anna--not only share scenes together but also appear to be working together to get the goods on Victor.  He doesn't stand a chance.

Well that depends on whether Anna has regained her intelligence now that Peter is dead.  And Laura rides a fine line between, Victor is evil because he's evil versus Victor is evil because he's a big meanie to me.  

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If they go there and throw the accusation at Trina, then he will have to fall on the sword.

Which he would 100% do seeing as how quickly he texted her today to make sure she was ok.  The problem is it will likely not happen until new Trina and we'll have to see if the chemistry is still there.  

• Love 4

I'm glad to see Lucy/LH but I wish they didn't waste her on these meaningless plots.

The irony is she was gone in the story that she needed to be around for (when Peter was on the loose). She could've held vigil for Mac, stood by Felicia and Kevin, etc

If the Sasha actress played Serena or Christina then this would actually matter but yet its a nothingburger.

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Backing up to Friday, I mean, make that paper, Lynn Herring, but I still hate when they trot Lucy out as the town realtor.  Is this Deception IPO thing ever going to happen?  In any case, she looked very pretty (I'm liking the slightly lightened hair) and I'm happy her Martin thing is still a thing, though it's been a minute since they've been on-screen together.

On the one hand, I’m glad they feature Lucy  but she’s mainly on as the NB host, real estate agent, to officiate weddings, or as a talk to for Sasha who I could care less about. It’s once in a blue moon that Lucy shares a scene with the vets she has an actual history with and she’s never included in their SLs. 

• Love 1

I wish the teen storyline made more sense. If Esme is related to Ryan she should have cut her teeth on this sort of drama as a child, she should be well beyond it now. And what’s her gain? If she wants to keep Spencer and is threatened by Trina AND she’s as psycho as Ryan we should be looking at some sort of kidnapping scenario, not low rent porn of her friends with no real way to pin it on Trina. So dumb. Though wonderful to see Trina finally lose it on her. Really gonna miss Sydney. 

And even less clear is why Spencer continues to be with Esme. Maybe with a new actress as Trina who isn’t in school and can film more, we will see faster development on this story. The pacing has been ridiculous. 

• Love 10

Video of Joss and Cam - horribly embarrassing for them, and I have to admit that if it were me, I'd be tempted to drop the class it was shown in, but I'm from a generation that wasn't quite so cavalier about sharing details of sexual exploits and our sexting equivalent would have been a racy drawing (or maybe a Polaroid). I would expect even sheltered teens nowadays to have seen more explicit material by now. 

Also, I hardly think that this video would get much traffic in the wider world beyond PCU. As mortifying as it is, I think the best thing for J & C to do would be to report this to the authorities in hope that a) the perpetrator would be caught and / or b) the video is removed from wherever it was hosted. I know that you couldn't ever track and remove all the downloads, but you could hope that the novelty would wear off at some point. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"You would have been so much better if your mother had lived."  I fortunately missed the SWSNBN years but from what I read, uh, no, that's not true.

I saw every painful day of the SWSNBN years, and no, it's not true. With her record behind the wheel, she'd probably have driven off a cliff with him while taking him to nursery school. She'd escape without a scratch; he'd be quadriplegic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Ryan is Esme's father, is it possible that he's the one who killed her adoptive parents?

My money is on Esme killing her adoptive parents.  Probably lit their car on fire with them in it.

• Love 8