Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason could go after Martin. Or Cyrus's men. There are options besides Florence,

Grabbing Martin would do nothing to Cyrus.  Or his men, whom Cyrus has dispatched himself whenever he felt like it.  Grabbing Florence was the right move, because despite how big and bad Cyrus has gotten he still wants to get into Mommy's good graces.  And she's a frail old lady.  

On 2/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, KayVeeTeeVee said:

My understanding was that the three of them (Nina, Britt, and Maxie) simply 'decided' they were related and made a pact to have each other's back. 

The glue that holds them all together is Nathan.  Nathan is Britt's biological brother, though he was raised as Nina's brother.  He is Nina's bio cousin, though she's always thought of him as her brother.    He was married to Maxie.  So Maxie is Britt's ex sister in law and Nina's ex cousin in law via marriage to Nathan.  

6 minutes ago, rur said:

We can at least hope that she won't be sure that it was Sonny's voice that she heard, and decides to wait a bit and be sure

But the look on her face made me think she knew immediately knew who it was.  Plus with him answering with  "MIke speaking" would have her making the connection if she wasn't completely sure.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
  27 minutes ago, rur said:

We can at least hope that she won't be sure that it was Sonny's voice that she heard, and decides to wait a bit and be sure

I'm thinking she'll go up there to see for herself, convinces him to come back with her, and they barge in on the funeral.  Of course, it'll be no fun if Sonny immediately remembers everything, so that's probably what will happen and Mike-Who-Has-A-Lot-Of-Good-Ideas-And-Likes-To-Fix-Things will be replaced by a barware throwing Sonny.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

But the look on her face made me think she knew immediately knew who it was.  Plus with him answering with  "MIke speaking" would have her making the connection if she wasn't completely sure.  

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm thinking she'll go up there to see for herself, convinces him to come back with her, and they barge in on the funeral.  Of course, it'll be no fun if Sonny immediately remembers everything, so that's probably what will happen and Mike-Who-Has-A-Lot-Of-Good-Ideas-And-Likes-To-Fix-Things will be replaced by a barware throwing Sonny.

And this is why, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, her story should be, "I wasn't sure . . . " 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, LexieLily said:

As always, this show is horrible about retcons ruining their math. Nelle's tombstone and Nathan's tombstone both give their birth years as 1987. Nathan was always written as being 12 when Nina went into her coma, so Nathan should be 12/13 years older than Nelle. And if Nina went into her coma in 1987 and woke up in 2014 that would mean she was in a coma for twenty-seven years, not twenty like the show said

When did we last see Nelle's grave? I haven't been watching the show much lately, mostly reading here. I remember her birth year being 1992 on it.

When Nina was trying to find out about the necklace she said it was made in 1991, so idk why they had Nelle being born in 1992 instead. Was it just made before she was born? Oh what a mess lol. I know they made her older when they did that Carly flashback episode so that she could have been old enough to see her before she went to PC. 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, statsgirl said:

But Dante wasn't attacked -- Franco was. Dante stepped in to protect him. 

Of course Liz is worried, in addition to Franco's inoperable tumour which would be enough to knock anyone, she's afraid that people will attack her husband because Peter told them that Franco's tumour is back and he's a danger to everyone. Someone could be successful at any time. That she's known Dante for longer than she's known Franco doesn't matter, Franco is the husband she loves.

Ok, I should have said Dante is recovering from intervening in an attack.  The bottom line is Dante almost died, and here is Elizabeth not even acknowledging that or showing Dante gratitude because she is so obsessed with Franco (and has been for years now).  Considering how long she has known Dante and that he is family since he is the father of her kids' cousin, I find her behavior abhorrent. 

On 2/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, nilyank said:

Franco just doesn't see that even his good friend Liesl will put his health in jeopardy so that she could get her revenge..

Yup.

On 2/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, statsgirl said:

That's actually not what happened.  She never said suck it up. She was trying to gently tell him that due to what she had seen/experienced recently when she saw Jason, that she had to be honest and tell him she knew in her heart he's not Jason. Robin told Drew that not being Jason doesn't erase the relationships he had built with people in Port Charles and doesn't take away that he has a daughter.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:56 AM, Asp Burger said:

The only usefulness of Sonny's current story to me is in demonstrating that he's deep-programmed to be an asshole even when he doesn't know who he is. So it isn't memories of his traumatic childhood or anything like that. He's a blank slate, and Phyllis and Lenny have been nothing but nice to him, and he's fought them every step of the way. His manic behavior isn't a nice, trying-too-hard type; it's a pushy, overbearing, "I know better than you" type.  

Or MB and the writers are comfortable with/think it is right that Sonny behaves this way and believe it makes him a nice guy who does know better than everybody else.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth has been checked on that point, more than once. She, like Maxie, doesn't want to accept that people have legit reasons to dislike/be afraid of the man she's chosen to live with.

The non-acceptance of Franco and Peter make Elizabeth and Maxie feel resentful because it implies they are naive about their men/ have poor judgement, and even worse, are bad mothers by possibly endangering their children by having these men around their children.

Maxie, in particular, is desperate for validation that she did not fall in love with an illusion and encouraged her kids to get attached to the illusion. She does not want to believe she was drawn to Peter because he reminds her of her late husband. I saw her tears as despair that maybe she's wrong and everyone else sees what she has refused to see.

I LOVED how Britt taunted Peter, because she was right. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Robin told Drew that not being Jason doesn't erase the relationships he had built with people in Port Charles and doesn't take away that he has a daughter.

Unfortunately, Robin proved to be more correct than even she could have foreseen. Carly and Sonny dropped him like a bad habit when their errand boy Jason returned and almost immediately disparaged Drew for running a media company and daring to walk away from the mob to do better for Sam, and the minute Drew walked away from Sam and Sam got back together with Jason she gifted him Scout, whom Jason gives even less shits about than he does Danny and Jake.

• Love 12

What a waste of a really good Friday cliffhanger.  Nina seems to recognize the voice then dismisses it and asks to speak with Phyllis.  That's it.  So stupid.  

The other stupid:  Anna:  "I'm going to find Liesl"   Me: Oh is it that time of year for Finola to be gone for 6 months.  Also where is she going to find Liesl?  There aren't bread crumbs leading from Geneva to Scotty's apartment

Valentin had better tell Anna the truth.

Who is D Marick in relation to Alex?  

• Love 4

I was about to post everyone at GH deserves an award for not laughing at Snidely's voice.

No comment on all this Sam and Dante fanfic on the screen (not today but in general).

• Love 3

James Patrick Stuart doing scenes with LWB really emphasizes the difference in their skills. JPS can generate chemistry with a rotten banana while WR is some weird Batman-meets-Kelly-Monaco hybrid. When you put them together, JPS is giving it everything he can but even he can't bring out talent in LWB and it really emphasizes how bad he is.

On another note, all this talk about Nathan and then showing his pic last week has me really missing Ryan Paevey. Not that he was that great of an actor (though loads better than Wes Ramsey), but he sure was one attractive man. I'd be okay with them bringing back both him and Billy Miller and figuring out a way to make their characters best friends with Curtis and Chase so that the most attractive men to be on GH in the past decade can all be on my screen at one time. If the writing is going to be as bad as it has been lately, at least give me something worth looking at. Hint: Maurice Bernard isn't worth looking at.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

A quick wikipedia search says that Alex was married to Dimitri Marick.

Please, Valentin, grow a pair and blow that little shit out of the water. I do think it's funny that Peter is that scared of Jason. I can't believe they traded in Nathan for Peter. Actor and character.

GH knows how to drag storylines before it manages to close them with basically no payoff. Nina, get Michael alone without his mommy present and ask him for a DNA test. I liked the Ava/Nina scenes, but the lighting in those scenes made Nina's makeup look really light on top and dark under eyes, which was really weird. So I kept staring at it.

So Phyllis is going to arrive to PC in the middle of Sonny's funeral. I'm assuming his picture will be plastered all over the place. What was the point of having Sonny be presumed dead? Except for the men that Cyrus had killed, there's no mob war. And shockingly the world is still going on with Sonny away from PC. Please, tell me again why is this guy so important that he has to swallow the show like that?

Yes, Terri, you shouldn't listen to others about Britt. Make up your own mind on someone, maybe you won't look so shocked next time when she does her job.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

It is time for Peter to grow a Snidely Whiplash moustache to twirl.

Good for Valentin for not actually telling Peter that he will protect him.

28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Dimitri Merick, her ex-husband from All My Children.  Kudos to the show for giving an actual Budapesti address.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

The breathy, overacting is like nails on a chalkboard.

I'm enjoying the over-the-topness of it. It's like he thinks he's Batman or something.

LOL that in all of her years at GH, Elizabeth has never seen such a security breach as Peter publishing Franco's medical records! The melodramatic way BH said that was good UCG.

I liked Ava giving Nina a reality check about Nelle. She had potential to be a decent person, but her grudges and resentment got the better of her. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is a bad game to play.

Ugh, a mention of Sonny's dimples. FFS, Show. We get it. Sonny hung the moon. *rme*

I really liked that Britt didn't allow Anna to intimidate her, and she figured out Anna is on the outs with the WSB, at least as far as Liesl goes.

More LOL at the anvils of Sonny asking Phyllis, on her way to PC, to help him figure out who he is. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Ava giving Nina a reality check about Nelle. She had potential to be a decent person, but her grudges and resentment got the better of her.

And Nina moaning the fact that she would have loved her. Nina was in a coma for 20 years how was Nelle suppose to feel the love. And she will get more rights to Wiley by being nice to Michael than going to the court system. Wiley has two non abusive parents and she is just one of three grand-parents. She's not getting anymore than an hour a month.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Please, Valentin, grow a pair and blow that little shit out of the water.

If Valentin wasn't wearing a wire and recording that whole conversation I will be VERY disappointed in him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

A quick wikipedia search says that Alex was married to Dimitri Marick.

and

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Dimitri Merick, her ex-husband from All My Children

Thank you!  I never watched AMC so only know Alex from GH.  I figured it was likely a husband, but not sure why he'd suddenly be interested in telling Peter the truth.  Who was Dimitri played by and is it possible that we'll get him to show up for this?  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked the Ava/Nina scenes,

On paper, I should hate these two together, but I really like them as friends.  I think because CW has softened NIna from MSt' version.  

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's like he thinks he's Batman or something

A bad version of Will Arnett's Lego version.  

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that in all of her years at GH, Elizabeth has never seen such a security breach

Yes, I laughed at that too.  That hospital and HIPPAA are not friends.  

12 minutes ago, xfuse said:

And she will get more rights to Wiley by being nice to Michael

Is it just me or was CW doing this weird voice every time she said the name Wylie.  Like I expected to rub her hands together and emit a witch like laugh.  Or if anyone remembers, Brooke Shields laugh on Friends when she was cuckoo for Joey's DOOL character and thought he was real.  

Edited by perkie1968
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

James Patrick Stuart doing scenes with LWB really emphasizes the difference in their skills. JPS can generate chemistry with a rotten banana while WR is some weird Batman-meets-Kelly-Monaco hybrid. When you put them together, JPS is giving it everything he can but even he can't bring out talent in LWB and it really emphasizes how bad he is.

On another note, all this talk about Nathan and then showing his pic last week has me really missing Ryan Paevey. Not that he was that great of an actor (though loads better than Wes Ramsey), but he sure was one attractive man. I'd be okay with them bringing back both him and Billy Miller and figuring out a way to make their characters best friends with Curtis and Chase so that the most attractive men to be on GH in the past decade can all be on my screen at one time. If the writing is going to be as bad as it has been lately, at least give me something worth looking at. Hint: Maurice Bernard isn't worth looking at.

lol loud and clear on that hint. 
it's strange because (not like he was in many episodes) but Wes Ramsey wasn't that bad on Charmed - and he played an evil person so I don't get why he is channeling Batman here.

12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I never watched AMC so only know Alex from GH.  I figured it was likely a husband, but not sure why he'd suddenly be interested in telling Peter the truth.  Who was Dimitri played by and is it possible that we'll get him to show up for this?  

He was played by Michael Nader--also famous for playing Dex Dexter on Dynasty. As Alexis' lover. Can't recall if she ever married him.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's strange because (not like he was in many episodes) but Wes Ramsey wasn't that bad on Charmed - and he played an evil person so I don't get why he is channeling Batman here.

I went to You Tube and found a clip of WR as Wyatt just so I could hear him speak in a more "normal" inflection.  The Batman comparison is sorta accurate.  The actor is definitely going for an affect with his Peter voice, imo.  

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I get the impression that he’s going for Shakespearean. Problem is he’s a weak actor and GH lacks direction on how to play scenes and hardly does multiple takes so I doubt anyone is telling him to cut it out. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really liked that Britt didn't allow Anna to intimidate her, and she figured out Anna is on the outs with the WSB, at least as far as Liesl goes.

I did as well.  I always enjoy when people on these shows are like, "Actually, I DON'T have to stand here and answer your questions".  And I love Anna and she has every right to hate Obrecht and view her as a threat, but her LWB/FS blind spot coupled with her "You told my boyfriend this, you told my boyfriend that!" questioning today was not her best look.

What was a good look was Dr. Michael Easton's "Uh, okay?" nonreaction to the news that Liz and Franco weren't coming to the wedding.  Because seriously.

Instead of hands and an envelope, why not get Michael Nader in there for a day or two as Dimitri.  I'm sure he's available.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Could Heinrik have been more of a whiny man boy with his whining to Valentin that he WAS a Good Man! That he stopped doing bad things! Such a liar because he sabotaged Drew’s plane; framed Obrecht; hacked into the hospital’s server to steal Franco’s medical records. But none of those things count, right?😒🙄🙄🙄🙄

I loathe and hate Obrecht, but I have to admit I couldn’t believe that Anna couldn’t hear herself when she always telling  Britt how her mother would do ANYTHING to save or protect her family or whatever she said. When Anna has done the same EXACT thing when it comes to Heinrik—who isn’t even her spawn. So tone deaf. So I loved how Britt threw in her face how she’s no longer trusted by her own agency.

And how niiiiiiiice Anna, that your family just consists of Heinrik and Maxie that Obrecht could go after. You do remember Robin, Emma, and Noah, don’t you?😒😒😒😒😒

Valentin was his awesome cryptic self. His words to Heinrik could also very well mean he would tell Anna and Maxie-which would be the best and least painful thing for them in the long run. But knowing this show, he’ll probably stay mum.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Instead of hands and an envelope, why not get Michael Nader in there for a day or two as Dimitri.  I'm sure he's available.

That’s what I was thinking. I checked and according to IMDb, he hasn’t done anything since playing Dimitri in 2013! 

• Useful 1
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I did as well.  I always enjoy when people on these shows are like, "Actually, I DON'T have to stand here and answer your questions".  And I love Anna and she has every right to hate Obrecht and view her as a threat, but her LWB/FS blind spot coupled with her "You told my boyfriend this, you told my boyfriend that!" questioning today was not her best look.

What was a good look was Dr. Michael Easton's "Uh, okay?" nonreaction to the news that Liz and Franco weren't coming to the wedding.  Because seriously.

Maybe with covid he doesn't want to risk it, his health is probably frail.

43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know! I enjoyed that, as well as his "I guess it's because Peter leaked confidential medical information to the world, right? Makes sense" response. Heh. 

• LOL 1

Since Nina was the one that paid to have Nelle be buried, could she request that her body be exhumed to do a dna test? I am sure it not really legal but this is Port Charles. When has that made any difference.

I was really hoping when Anna and Finn decided to go on the hunt for Liesl that they would let Maxie know that double wedding is off. Because I still think it is a stupid idea and the only person who wanted it was Maxie.

The lighting and makeup on Nina today was horrid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When Joss asked about Nelle's grave I wanted Carly to fess up and admit she knocked over Nelle's headstone.

KT really towers over most of the cast.  They should have put her in lower heels, like they do with the Sasha character.  FH and RH looked pocket-sized next to KT. 

So I stopped consistently watching years ago, but basically have had the gist of where the story/characters are.  

I take it's safe to say the network is still letting MB treat the show as nothing but his manbaby fan fiction playground, right?  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, ciarra said:

When Joss asked about Nelle's grave I wanted Carly to fess up and admit she knocked over Nelle's headstone.

Speaking of that, Joss really is her mother's daughter, what with the bitching that Nelle is buried in the same cemetery as Morgan.  Did the writers honestly think having that snot utter "everyone deserves a decent burial" and then have the rest of her sentence essentially negate that sentiment.  But, hey, at least she 'never wished Nelle dead.'  BUT, she's glad she is.  Shut up, Carly Jr.

• Love 8

Man, how easily did Peter cave and tell all to Valentine after just a little pressing? I don’t know how he’s kept all his secrets up til now if he can so easily cave like that. If just felt ridiculous

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of that, Joss really is her mother's daughter, what with the bitching that Nelle is buried in the same cemetery as Morgan. 

It is ridiculous especially considering that Morgan is an empty grave as they never found his body. It's not like he is going to catch Nelle's cooties. Of course, I don't think either one of them is dead, so just pointless bitching about something that could be easily ignored.

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Man, how easily did Peter cave and tell all to Valentine after just a little pressing? I don’t know how he’s kept all his secrets up til now if he can so easily cave like that. If just felt ridiculous

Peter had already confessed some of the truth months ago and he has known Valentin his entire life. I am not suprised that he confessed to him as he seeked guidance from him multiple times. I do think that Peter should listen to him as this is going to blow ugly in his face and Liesl is not going to let let anyone or anything from getting her revenge.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

niiiice Anna, that your family just consists of Heinrik and Maxie that Obrecht could go after.

Did Anna ever stop to wonder why Obrecht would go after Peter? It's not like she hasn't been telling everyone that Peter set her up. Or does Anna secretly know that it's true and that why she wants to stop Obrecht?

Britt handling her was gorgeous although I don't know why Britt doesn't just say "I changed my mind about who to believe when Peter stole confidential information and published it."

Did we know that Terry was Dr. Randolph ?

If they put in an empty grave for Soony by Mike and Morgan, the only grave with a body will be Mike's.  It's a good metaphor though.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, LexieLily said:

Unfortunately, Robin proved to be more correct than even she could have foreseen. Carly and Sonny dropped him like a bad habit when their errand boy Jason returned and almost immediately disparaged Drew for running a media company and daring to walk away from the mob to do better for Sam, and the minute Drew walked away from Sam and Sam got back together with Jason she gifted him Scout, whom Jason gives even less shits about than he does Danny and Jake.

After Jason returned, all Drew was left with were the people Jason didn't want, namely Monica and Franco, plus Oscar.

I thought that Drew saved Robin's life. He deserved better from her.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that in all of her years at GH, Elizabeth has never seen such a security breach as Peter publishing Franco's medical records! The melodramatic way BH said that was good UCG.

I liked Ava giving Nina a reality check about Nelle. She had potential to be a decent person, but her grudges and resentment got the better of her. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is a bad game to play.

While GH has plenty of scandals (I would say the Carly forging Nelle's name and Bobbie and Monica covering it up is worse) that would have a real scandal in real life. My doctor fired a receptionist for reading patient files and gossiping anout them.

I really like Ava's truth tea to Nina that the Corinthii never gove up a child. Just ask Lucas.

8 hours ago, xfuse said:

Wiley has two non abusive parents and she is just one of three grand-parents. She's not getting anymore than an hour a month.

Sonny and Carly have six children (seven when Morgan returns) and one grandchild who carry their genes with more grandchildren to come.

With Nelle dead, Wylie is the only one Nina will ever have. Good people would be generous.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of that, Joss really is her mother's daughter, what with the bitching that Nelle is buried in the same cemetery as Morgan.  Did the writers honestly think having that snot utter "everyone deserves a decent burial" and then have the rest of her sentence essentially negate that sentiment.  But, hey, at least she 'never wished Nelle dead.'  BUT, she's glad she is.  Shut up, Carly Jr.

Honestly. the same thing could be said about Sonny v. everyone else. Honestly, Joss needs to go kick a rock

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That’s what I was thinking. I checked and according to IMDb, he hasn’t done anything since playing Dimitri in 2013! 

Maybe he's retired from acting?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

When Joss started running her mouth about Nelle, I wanted Nelle to pop out from behind the bushes and punch her in the face. Joss is going to be so much worse than Carly. Joss and Carly and fucking gross.

And no, Carly, Morgan, Michael and Sonny will never be together, because Sonny is a murdering thug and trash. The only way he would be reunited with them is if they are all looking up at you from hell, which is incidentally the place you and your trash daughter will be headed.

How delusional do you have to be that you think that Sonny will be headed anywhere else?

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He did. He stood on a bomb to save her life. Drew deserved better from everyone. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

that double wedding is off. Because I still think it is a stupid idea and the only person who wanted it was Maxie.

Finn and Anna have been so gutless when it comes to that. It's so dumb.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

FH and RH looked pocket-sized next to KT. 

KT is 5'9", according to the interwebs; FH is 5'5, and RH is 5'2", so pocket size! Hee.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

the bitching that Nelle is buried in the same cemetery as Morgan

That is just so breathtakingly self-centered and entitled, even for a Carly spawn. (I know it's Carly's opinion, too.) Nina could have been super petty and had Nelle buried in the same area as Morgan, but she was sensitive enough to put Nelle in the opposite corner. Gah. And we're supposed to agree with these selfish twats. Argh.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Did Anna ever stop to wonder why Obrecht would go after Peter? It's not like she hasn't been telling everyone that Peter set her up. Or does Anna secretly know that it's true and that why she wants to stop Obrecht?

IMO, Anna knows deep down that Peter is guilty, but she has so much (misplaced and unnecessary) guilt about him that she's decided to believe him that he's done nothing. And there's also the fact that in general Obrecht has done Anna and her family wrong, so it's easy to want Obrecht in jail forever.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That is just so breathtakingly self-centered and entitled, even for a Carly spawn. (I know it's Carly's opinion, too.) Nina could have been super petty and had Nelle buried in the same area as Morgan, but she was sensitive enough to put Nelle in the opposite corner. Gah. And we're supposed to agree with these selfish twats. Argh.

Also rich coming from a woman that will waltz in to Monica's house whenever she pleases. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Could Heinrik have been more of a whiny man boy with his whining to Valentin that he WAS a Good Man! That he stopped doing bad things! Such a liar because he sabotaged Drew’s plane; framed Obrecht; hacked into the hospital’s server to steal Franco’s medical records. But none of those things count, right?😒🙄🙄🙄🙄

Iknowright? I mean, I had to keep committing crimes to cover up the bad stuff I actually had planned to do is not the sympathy grabber he seems to think it is.

The problem with Peter (and a lot of soap baddies) is that they want to keep the character around so they try to redeem them (usually by the love of a liked character) but the show tries to have it both ways. (doing evil AND sweet with the like character) but with an actor as bad as WR-- it really doesnt work.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

The problem with Peter (and a lot of soap baddies) is that they want to keep the character around so they try to redeem them (usually by the love of a liked character) but the show tries to have it both ways. (doing evil AND sweet with the like character) but with an actor as bad as WR-- it really doesnt work.

I think it's a problem that a lot of shows have, tbh. They try to redeem the character via some tragic backstory while they keep pulling shit and crying woe me, I'm not like that. 

How is Peter's backstory different from Nelle's? Nelle also had a tragic backstory, but the writers didn't try half as hard to redeem her. She was rotten, that's how they presented her once they decided to make her Carly's rival. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's a problem that a lot of shows have, tbh. They try to redeem the character via some tragic backstory while they keep pulling shit and crying woe me, I'm not like that. 

How is Peter's backstory different from Nelle's? Nelle also had a tragic backstory, but the writers didn't try half as hard to redeem her. She was rotten, that's how they presented her once they decided to make her Carly's rival. 

well that's it i guess. Because she goes against Carly, there's no redemption arc ever. I missed like 98 percent of Nelle v Carly. but it seemed like they were basically making her into Carly 2.0 with her back story and then they went all "eh feck it" 

• Love 2

Many shows try to keep a character both good and bad, but GH has made a fetish of it ever since they tried to make Sonny the Hero.

2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Also rich coming from a woman that will waltz in to Monica's house whenever she pleases. 

That's pure Carly though. She puts new meaning into the idea of 'entitled'. Anything she wants is justified.

• Love 6