Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, DanaK said:

The second shot seemed pretty obvious it was Sonny doing the shooting, but are we sure about the first shot? It was done in a way that we didn't actually see Sonny shoot him (we didn't actually see him do the second shot either come to think of it) so it could still be someone else who did it, then Sonny shot him to allow him to say he did it if he was protecting someone else, like Kristina in a fugue state. We've seen how an event can be changed some when it's replayed the next episode and we saw that most recently with Kristina confronting Ava and falling out the window

My theory has been from the beginning that Sonny blacked out and someone else shot Cates. It’s too obvious that Sonny did it. Granted he also shot Dante point blank so it’s not like he couldn’t have done it either. 

• Mind Blown 1
25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

My theory has been from the beginning that Sonny blacked out and someone else shot Cates. It’s too obvious that Sonny did it. Granted he also shot Dante point blank so it’s not like he couldn’t have done it either. 

He didn’t black out. He admitted again today, to the SLS that he killed Jagger. That he was “sorry” that SLS  saw him do it. And asked why he didn’t report Mooby to the cops.

And the SLS  said because he wuuuved him and Jagger got what he deserved. Unless those scenes are dreams and the rest of the scenes we saw today aren’t-there’s no retconning away that Mooby didn’t MURDER Jagger-A FEDERAL AGENT.

There’s no ambiguity about what happened.

• Like 7
57 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hope none of these scenarios ruling Sonny out happen. Either the show acknowledges that this guy is a mobster and stays in power because he or his robot murder people for a living, or retire his tired ass.

Me too.  But since they turned Jagger crazy and killed him off, I just don't believe anything anymore.  Nothing that ends badly for Sonny will happen IMO.  Believe me, I really hope I'm wrong.  This is all so disgusting.  The mother of one of his children in sitting in prison over a murder he committed.  He has incriminated his son in a murder conspiracy.  I find it hard to believe they would write this for him, without a backdoor way out.  I don't trust them. 

• Like 4

They'll write it as Sonny and Cates teamed up to flush out some corrupt people within the justice system and that the whole murder was staged. Cates isn't really dead. Would any of us be surprised if Michael wasn't able to correctly find a pulse? Cates and Sonny have been working together for the past 20-something years. Sonny is the godfather to Cate's son. When news of this breaks out, Sonny will be appointed mayor of Port Charles for life. 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hope none of these scenarios ruling Sonny out happen. Either the show acknowledges that this guy is a mobster and stays in power because he or his robot murder people for a living, or retire his tired ass.

What if that’s the plan? 😱

Edited by DanaK

Program note: There’s set to be a Federal Reserve rate cut announcement at about 2pm ET so there could be a news preemption by ABC about it for those who have the show broadcast at that time

• Angry 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, DanaK said:

The second shot seemed pretty obvious it was Sonny doing the shooting, but are we sure about the first shot? It was done in a way that we didn't actually see Sonny shoot him (we didn't actually see him do the second shot either come to think of it) so it could still be someone else who did it, then Sonny shot him to allow him to say he did it if he was protecting someone else, like Kristina in a fugue state. We've seen how an event can be changed some when it's replayed the next episode and we saw that most recently with Kristina confronting Ava and falling out the window

I honestly can't remember right now - do the police have Jagger's body, or did Michael get rid of that? Because if they have his body, then they'd almost certainly know by know if the bullets in his body were from more than one gun. 

1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

I honestly can't remember right now - do the police have Jagger's body, or did Michael get rid of that? Because if they have his body, then they'd almost certainly know by know if the bullets in his body were from more than one gun. 

The paramedics took Jagger's body. It's how everyone knows Jagger is dead and that he was killed by a 9 Millimeter. Plus, all the SHIT TALK about how Jagger was an agent gone ROGUE, but still the Feds would search until they found his killer.

Just stop with all that bullshit. But par for the course with this fucking show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the SLS  said because he wuuuved him and Jagger got what he deserved.

You know what the most eyerolling stupidest thing about this is. 

This is the same dipstick that for three. years. was pouting and throwing fits, and saying how Sonny deserves to go to jail basically because Daddy didn't love Mommy anymore and they got a divorce and he didn't like the woman Sonny was sleeping with at the time. 

but Jagger deserves to be murdered in cold blood, and leaving behind a special needs child because he was doing his job and arresting Sonny for doing illegal things and that's totally fine with Michael. 

I swear this show. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
(edited)

I've never cared about Wagger and never will but it's clear his big speech about Sonny right after Mulcahey arrived (and the overall push against the character in those months) really pissed the surviving creatives at the show off. Wagger was a useful means to an end for me, nothing more. Now with PM gone they're all acting like he was Pol Pot with CMT hair. Not looking fwd to Laura's inevitable 180 on Sonny (which Anna has already done, sadly). Anyway Sonny will never be allowed to be guilty for killing a fed, so it's inevitable it turns out to be Kristina or some other operative or Wagger faked it then died, or something.

That and the shift in how they handle Tracy (who PM clearly adored) back to all the 'nice' characters taking cheap shots at her is tiresome. And now of course because the numbers are up again Frank and his team will never leave. Sigh.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5

Quelle surprise, Portia had Heather's blood tests changed. But if it means we never see Heather again, I'm okay with Portia's appalling lack of medical ethics. Color me shocked that Ric had the blood sent to an outside lab.

I don't understand why they're trying to redeem Heather (aside from Frank having a crush on AW). She's never been a very sympathetic character, and I don't feel sorry for her now. She has no close family on the canvas, and Laura certainly doesn't need to be dragged down by her. Neither does Elizabeth. So why is Heather? Send her packing!

The way Sonny said that Alexis wasn't capable of killing Wagger made it sound like a weakness on her part. Good grief.

Natalia being at Sonny's was totally pointless. Eva LaRue needed to meet her minimums, clearly.

I laughed at the dramatic way they showed Alexis entering Pentonville. Hearing more than once that she's already been there undercuts the whole sequence. None of this is new to her.

• Like 4

I'm guessing Sam dies while diving for the gun which gives Molly even more reason to hate Kristina.  As well as, perhaps, Alexis' guilt has her start drinking again. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Quelle surprise, Portia had Heather's blood tests changed. But if it means we never see Heather again, I'm okay with Portia's appalling lack of medical ethics. Color me shocked that Ric had the blood sent to an outside lab.

honestly the person i feel sorry for is Brad because they did have this big scene about him wanting to be there and proving himself to be trustful and we already have a blood test switcheroo? they're gonna go straight for him.  and honestly between this and Oz and other stuff, i'll be happy if someone comes around and knocks her down back to like. not in charge of the whole hospital. 

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why they're trying to redeem Heather (aside from Frank having a crush on AW).

there were things out there that Ally Mills did not want to play a "bad guy" hence they are doing all of this. [why they just didn't go "oh okay thanks Ally, we're gonna go with someone else]. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

the person i feel sorry for is Brad because they did have this big scene about him wanting to be there and proving himself to be trustful and we already have a blood test switcheroo? they're gonna go straight for him. 

Brad only changed test results and the like when he was being blackmailed; he wasn't a corrupt employee otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if something with him is going on offscreen, but it would be out of nowhere if he started altering test results for no reason.

I also think the emphasis they put on Brad saying he knew he was going to be watched like a hawk might mean he won't be the person who actually altered the test but maybe a fall guy.

It was Terry who interviewed Brad; does Portia even know who he is?

HOWEVER. I think all of this happened when PM was still on staff, so all bets are off for anything logical.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

there were things out there that Ally Mills did not want to play a "bad guy" hence they are doing all of this.

At this point Heather is irrelevant whether she's good or bad, IMO.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brad only changed test results and the like when he was being blackmailed; he wasn't a corrupt employee otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if something with him is going on offscreen, but it would be out of nowhere if he started altering test results for no reason.

oh i know. But i just mean. they have a scene with Terry and Brad about proving himself and he'll be watched as a hawk. then all of a sudden we have a test switched just as Brad is back there? that's not fair on him, Portia [she probably doesn't since she was super focused on screeching about Heather]

I enjoyed the scene between Felicia and Kristina.  I'm impressed with what KW can do when she'd actually given material to work with.

Re: the upcoming scenes---How prescient of Anna and Jason to have packed their nightclub outfits for a trip to a mining camp in Somalia.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Daisy said:
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the SLS  said because he wuuuved him and Jagger got what he deserved.

You know what the most eyerolling stupidest thing about this is. 

This is the same dipstick that for three. years. was pouting and throwing fits, and saying how Sonny deserves to go to jail basically because Daddy didn't love Mommy anymore and they got a divorce and he didn't like the woman Sonny was sleeping with at the time. 

but Jagger deserves to be murdered in cold blood, and leaving behind a special needs child because he was doing his job and arresting Sonny for doing illegal things and that's totally fine with Michael. 

I swear this show. 

And on top of all that, Mooby killed SLS's biological father. I still don't understand how any of the Qs have gotten past that. But of course, AJ was fat, so there's that.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I enjoyed the scene between Felicia and Kristina.  I'm impressed with what KW can do when she'd actually given material to work with.

Same here. Early KW kind of grated on my nerves, but she's grown into a very competent actor - and the baby voice is gone. Best work from Kate Mansi to date. Fine jobs all around.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, DanaK said:

So Portia apparently changed Heather’s lab results to be clear of cobalt or not clear of cobalt? What would that give her either way?

The original idea was that the hip replacement gave her cobalt poisoning, so if the level is unchanged after its removal—as the GH test showed—it wasn't the replacement that poisoned her. That can't be used as an excuse for her behavior. It doesn't explain the cobalt poisoning in the first place, but since the "old" hip was 20 years old or something like that, Heather's actions during that time can't be blamed on a tainted hip.

You can't think too deeply about it, because neither outcome makes sense. Both Ric and Scott were approaching the lawsuit from a product liability angle, and if the first hip wasn't tainted, there is no case. Which is what Ric told Heather.

18 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Because there's no such thing as police divers, and chain of evidence.

There are police divers, but they aren't at the expert level of Sam. *rme* Chain of evidence? We don't need no stinkin' chain of evidence.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • LOL 6

Of course Alexis' new cell mate is Heather. I hate this story, with its ridiculous prosecution based on flimsy circumstantial evidence. (Not that any of the others are much better.)

I would be more impressed with them dredging up Sam's diving past if I didn't have a feeling where it's headed.

Still... Cyrus tomorrow. Wasn't he the one who actually blew up Lulu in the first place? I was on the barge then. 

39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There are police divers, but they aren't at the expert level of Sam. *rme* Chain of evidence? We don't need no stinkin' chain of evidence.

Theoretically they could at least verify it's Sonny's registered weapon and that it wasn't the murder weapon.  Or is it?  kmn

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don’t remember that much of Rick when he was on before but I’m liking his involvement in current various storylines even if I don't necessarily like the character

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Rick baby, please don't tease me that Heather will never get out of prison and then go and get another lab test! No one on this show EVER gets another lab test.  LET IT GO, MAN!!!!!

Um, that was a bit much with Alexis walkin' the Green Mile there. 🙄 🎻 🤣

• LOL 3

Since cobalt is not a substance that naturally occurs in human bodies, a test of high cobalt would first trigger a repeat test and then another stay in the hospital as they try to find out why Heather has a high cobalt level.

Portia is to doctors as Sonny is to scary mobsters.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Anyone else think that Sam is going to have  a fatal diving accident while looking for this gun ?  

I'm sorry, I was too busy ducking the giant anvil of Dante talking about dangerous currents to give it much thought. 

• LOL 9

You know back when Sam first showed up and was a "professional" scavenger/deep diver looking for treasure near the island where Wyndermere was, she kept almost drowning and needed to be saved. 

She was just not very good at it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

You know back when Sam first showed up and was a "professional" scavenger/deep diver looking for treasure near the island where Wyndermere was, she kept almost drowning and needed to be saved. 

She was just not very good at it.

Did that part of Sam's past get dropped as active storyline at KeMo's request? I read somewhere (maybe here?) that she, the actress, damaged her hearing from being deep underwater IRL. I always assumed that's why Sam closes her eyes so much when she's speaking - because KeMo is trying to hear herself and her fellow actors better in scenes. 

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why they're trying to redeem Heather (aside from Frank having a crush on AW). She's never been a very sympathetic character, and I don't feel sorry for her now. She has no close family on the canvas, and Laura certainly doesn't need to be dragged down by her. Neither does Elizabeth. So why is Heather? Send her packing!

I agree.   No shade on Alley Mills, she’s been good in the role but it’s run its course.

As far as Tristan getting his hand smacked because he spoke truth about Wes Ramsey, gosh the bts tea on this show is more soapy than the actual soap.  I thought Wes was good as Heinrich/Peter in the beginning.  Then it just got comical.  The only thing missing was an actual mustache to twirl.  He was a caricature.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I had completely forgotten about him.  That’s a welcome surprise!  is he in jail again?  I haven’t watched in a long time.

No, I think he’s been out for awhile

• Like 2

Oh, no.  Remember last time Alexis was in jail, didn't she work on getting Shawn out using her law smarts?  Is she going to do the same thing for Heather? She'll be just that bored.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I do have a bit of a problem with Sam potentially dying in some random local mishap in safe nearby waters - I thought her death would be something action-oriented or crime-related given her history. Plus Sam is a very accomplished diver and treasure hunter, something they never utilized enough for my liking after her introduction vs. just chaining her to Jason and the mob.

• Useful 1
39 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I do have a bit of a problem with Sam potentially dying in some random local mishap in safe nearby waters - I thought her death would be something action-oriented or crime-related given her history. Plus Sam is a very accomplished diver and treasure hunter, something they never utilized enough for my liking after her introduction vs. just chaining her to Jason and the mob.

I was hoping Sonny accidently shoots her in the head while up to his usual hijinks.  If Sam has to die (and I wish she wasn't), then we need to see the DRAMA!  Jason finally turning his back on Sonny, for real this time, would be a payoff I could get with.  I thought the scene between Jason and Brennan was interesting.  Brennan wants him working for the WSB.  Was that a throwaway?  I'm hoping not and Jason leaving Sonny is part of the fallout.  I don't have the highest hopes because you know...it's GH.  But it would finally be something that would change up the show.  

• Like 4
19 hours ago, DanaK said:

MEK! And looking good with no facial hair

And he's lost his accent as well.

Kinda makes me wonder if there was a dictate from above about eliminating accents.

• Like 2