Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

I can't decide which is worse - Dante tearing up and doing the "you touched my heart" motion about Sonny expressing pride in and gratitude toward him

OR Sonny's line to Lois that some of his favorite people are Quartermaines. Has he ever actually seen Amelia?

We get it, Show. Lucky is JUST LIKE LUKE. 

Eww to more Drew and Willow. He flat out sounds like a predator. LOL at Nina and Sasha's faces upon hearing that Drew and Willow are together somewhere but Michael hasn't been able to get a hold of either of them. 

I thought it was going to be a mystery, not Sonny shooting John/Jagger the same way he shot Dante.  They also both look ridiculous alone, getting soaked having the standoff under the set's ceiling sprinklers. Real rain doesn't fall like that.

Kristina knows the code to her dad's gun safe? So now, she takes one of his guns to kill Cates but goes first (preview) to cry over the baby's grave in the pouring rain? So much WTF.

I guess there's a new wormhole in the Port Charles area for Isaiah to get there that fast and be in the road while fake FBI agent and Ava are driving in the storm. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And color me shocked that this soap that's on the puritan side of things is really going there with Drew and Willow.

they got naked?!

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny shooting John/Jagger the same way he shot Dante. 

Seriously?
Did he go "Goodbye! Federal! Agent!" *pow and turn away*

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought it was going to be a mystery, not Sonny shooting John/Jagger the same way he shot Dante.  They also both look ridiculous alone, getting soaked having the standoff under the set's ceiling sprinklers. Real rain doesn't fall like that.

I know. 🤣🤣 Wish that “rain” would’ve fallen on Lucky’s head to wash the gook out.

I wonder how the writers are going to spin Sonny killing in cold blood. Have Michael help him make the body disappear? Blame the meds?

They’re certainly not going to have him face the music or have his character high tail out of PC forever.

Are they trying to make us think Lulu will die? Is this for a fake out “many will die” promo?

I’m very sorry they couldn’t find a better role for Adam Harrington. I’m very sorry he had to go to keep the Mob Guy.

On the positive side, Carlo Rota looked great with the white beard (and I usually hate beards).

• Like 11
(edited)

Today on "It's not my fault, it's your fault" Hospital:

Sonny tells Michael that Jagger has had a vendetta against him longer than Michael has been alive but never tells Michael why Jagger is so angry.

Willow can't help herself; Drew is such a hero and he risked his life to save hers. Drew can't help himself because Willow is the only person who believes in him. (Scout might believe in you too if you didn't keep putting other people ahead of her.)

Brook Lynn supports Carly and says that she has moved on from the time she tried to ruin. Dante is forced to admit that he was too harsh on Carly.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

ETA it still bugs me that Olivia has been completely absent from the whole Kristina story. Carly too except as it relates to Sonny. Shouldn’t at least one of them have been concerned about the poor quality windows in their hotel?

It's not Carly's fault. To have anyone talk about the poor quality of the windows would point the finger at Carly and we can't have that.

It looks like they might put Dante back with Lulu. Poor Sam, deadbeat dads for both of her kids and now she may lose Dante.

Wow, I thought that Kristina was going to be the one to shoot Jagger, not Sonny. (I cry foul on her knowing the combination to his gun safe. That's not something you should be telling your kids.))

On the plus side, I wasn't looking forward to Lucky because I really disliked Luke at the end but those scenes with Carlos Rota were good. But please, give Lucky a shower so that he can wash his hair.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Carly, when have you ever fought for Lulu or even the Spencer family in general? Good grief. And Dante, never apologize for yelling at Carly.

LOL at Sonny telling Diane he needs her on call all night. When isn't she? He wants her to take his calls even when she's in court and is always unreasonably annoyed when she can't. He's such an ass.

9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

We get it, Show. Lucky is JUST LIKE LUKE. 

Zzzz.

13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL at Nina and Sasha's faces upon hearing that Drew and Willow are together somewhere but Michael hasn't been able to get a hold of either of them.

It's glorious how completely unaware Michael is.

Drew going to jail for Carly isn't exactly one for the plus column, Willow.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

His liver is fine for him but not for the higher standards a transplant requires, which I think is reasonable. He's what, 30 years older than when he first donated? That's some mileage there, especially for someone who hasn't exactly been a teetotaler.

Yet another decent law guy obsessed with Sonny and ruined because of it.

I wonder if Nik has fatty liver disease, either due to alcohol or diet related. 

I’m surprised they went there with Sonny and Jagger. When I heard the gunshot, I half expected him to have been shot in the back by Kristina and Sonny taking the blame. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Of course there's a raging thunderstorm going on when Sonny shoots Wagger. RIP, guy who never had a chance.

I'm surprised Sonny pulled the trigger. He usually has someone else do the dirty work.

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I wonder how the writers are going to spin Sonny killing in cold blood.

I mean it’s not the first time he’s done it.  He killed AJ, and even attempted to kill his own son.  But you know……reasons 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I honestly don't understand this?  Is Jagger definitely dead?  Are we supposed to now root for a man who murdered a federal agent?  I'm so confused. 

• Like 10
(edited)

Gee, today's episode was pretty good. The best part was Alexis channeling her inner Cassadine. When she told Jagger: "I'll stop you...permanently," she was deadly serious. Helena would have been impressed.

Sonny finally shoots someone in the Chest who actually deserved it. Imagine that.

1 hour ago, mariah23 said:

Wow my July prediction was right!

You mean Willow and Drew banging by Labor Day? If so, I put my money on that day too. I'll dodge some fruit here, but their love scene was actually kinda hot, although cheesily written.

I really hope Kristina doesn't try to off herself. After all of this, she should have Kevin on speed dial.

Luke's dialogue coming out of Lucky's mouth is a real buzzkill for me.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 7
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wow, I thought that Kristina was going to be the one to shoot Jagger, not Sonny. (I cry foul on her knowing the combination to his gun safe. That's not something you should be telling your kids.))

Same. I thought Kristina would shoot him and then Sonny would protect/cover for her. I was shocked that she knows the combination to his safe; with Sonny's sexist ways I figured only his son(s) and Jason would know it. 

5 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The only thing that caught my attention as being different was "relationship-challenged" to show a) Lucky knows 2020s-speak and b) he is single at a time when Elizabeth is single as well.   

• Like 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Gee, today's episode was pretty good. The best part was Alexis channeling her inner Cassadine. When she told Jagger: "I'll stop you...permanently," she was deadly serious. Helena would have been impressed.

Sonny finally shoots someone in the Chest who actually deserved it. Imagine that.

You mean Willow and Drew banging by Labor Day? If so, I put my money on that day too. I'll dodge some fruit here, but their love scene was actually kinda hot, although cheesily written.

I really hope Kristina doesn't try to off herself. After all of this, she should have Kevin on speed dial.

Yes @Winston Wolfe.

I guess their next sex escapade will be on the next official holiday which is…

Indigenous Peoples Day!

or Veterans Day which would be more appropriate.

Edited by mariah23
  • Like 1

Wow Willow and Drew are scumbags. Micheal gets very vengeful when betrayed. . It's so gross too. He's her uncle in law. If Sasha and Nina know where the scumbags are I hope they race over there if they can and maybe then Nina finally lets Willow in how gross Drew is. 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I didn't watch: was it straight up murder or was Kristina in imminent danger? I just find it out of character from the little I've seen of Jagger, like his stint on GH: Night Shift. He must know that not even Karen would approve of getting to Sonny through his children.  I really hate FV and his tendencies to take past characters that he didn't create and were well liked and ruining them and then killing them off. 

What gets me is that, while I thought Adam J. Harrington was miscast as Jagger (I would have preferred him as Steven Lars Webber), the actor was well received & a decent enough guy. A normal soap would have axed plans to kill him  and made him a regular, but not this show! So it is more useless prattle from Sonny and Jason and the same recycled storylines, sometimes featuring the same characters, and when I say "same characters" I mean Sonny, Jason or Carly. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Today on "It's not my fault, it's your fault" Hospital:

Brook Lynn supports Carly and says that she has moved on from the time she tried to ruin. Dante is forced to admit that he was too harsh on Carly.

It's not Carly's fault. To have anyone talk about the poor quality of the windows would point the finger at Carly and we can't have that.

That's why they brought it up: to absolve Carly of more heinous shit she pulled. Now if Brook Lynne doesn't want to completely blame Carly I get it: she was the one that picked Carly's money over decency and her friendship with Dante. Edward was offering her staying at the Q mansion and her trust fund, but he wanted her to go to college (honestly a reasonable request).

But no, Dante, you weren't too harsh with Carly. You were drugger because of her crazy scheme, your the victim. As hoping for a running gag where everyone she screwed over would bring up the evil shit she pulled on them or their relatives and never made amends or even apologized for, so everyone and everything.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm disgusted with Sonny shooting Jagger....twice to make extra sure he was dead.  Not a fan of the character but certainly he didn't need to go out that way.  

But how did Sonny think he would get away with it doing it at the Quartermaine House where everyone is, and also, Anna knew where Jagger was going.  Sonny will get away with it though.

And the writers lost out on having a perfectly good murder mystery.  

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

I was watching in the Stone era and watching now, all I can think to myself is Sonny killed both brothers. I know Stone died of AIDS, but I have always felt Sonny set the events in motion, just like he put Karen on the pole.

Toxic character who has been toxic for the icon that is GH. Maurice is not Peter or Eric and the show should take the opportunity to move on from him.

Will watch later this evening.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Say a little prayer for the office cleaners who have to keep shampooing Drew's sex carpet. 

If we the audience had to sit through the whole retcon plot that NuJason was really Drew with Jason's memories, the writers should have to stick to it. He does "know" Alan, at least through stored memories. What he doesn't, or at least shouldn't, remember are the Navy Seal officers he referenced today when saying they were never quite mentor-level.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
26 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I didn't watch: was it straight up murder  

Yup. John/Jagger didn't even have a weapon in his hand. Sonny shot him point blank, and then shot him again when he was on the ground. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1

Is it possible that MB wants to retire? I don't understand why they would have Sonny kill Cates in cold blood. Am I supposed to be cheering for this?

I hate these writers for making me feel sorry for Michael. Sure, he's a dolt and often a controlling ass but even he doesn't deserve this. Of course, maybe he'll channel Alan and bring a house down on the cheaters. 

So new doctor guy is Dr. Gannon? Hmm...

• Like 9
35 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Peter or Eric

who are Peter or Eric?

You know. if you didn't watch the show at all. you'd think that Drew gave Willow bone marrow to save her life. you know. like Willow's aunt who actually gave Willow a second chance of life, and would have found a way to get home on her home, backwards and in heels. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

who are Peter or Eric?

The actors who play Jack Abbott and the all-powerful Victor Newman on Y&R, I assume. (Eric Braeden is 83 and painful to watch. But he is iconic.)

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I didn't watch: was it straight up murder or was Kristina in imminent danger?

Oh it was straight up murder. Although given Jagger's deranged state, Kristina was in perpetual danger.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The actors who play Jack Abbott and the all-powerful Victor Newman on Y&R, I assume. (Eric Braeden is 83 and painful to watch. But he is iconic.)

Yes, that's who I meant. Apologies, @Daisy, I should have specified.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Of fucking course Sonny wasn't actually gonna turn himself in! Yes, his kids mean everything to him, and he would do anything for them... unless his own comfort is at stake.

I bet Krissy will have DID and think she killed John in a blackout and/or Alexis will think she killed John cuz she finds her with the gun.  Will Michael help Sonny cover it up?  Will Sonny claim John was "crazed" and came at him? 

On the bright side for Willow and Drew, the Willow actress seems to be enjoying acting opposite someone who is not entirely a block of wood. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So Sonny will do "anything" for his kids, but will he also let one take the rap for murdering Cates?   

Also, this hilarity: "I've always feared I'd be the cause of something happening to one of my kids."  Morgan: "I just talked you off a literal fucking ledge last month and you already forgot about me?"

You know what I love to do after getting off an international flight?  Taking a walk along a deserted highway in the rain!  

Willow's really got some savior fixation on Drew and he just encourages it with accepting the accolades of him saving her life (#JusticeForLiesl).  Banging your niece-in-law isn't the move of a 'good man,'  Drew Q, You're Poo!

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

And the writers lost out on having a perfectly good murder mystery.  

They really did. They could have had that not-FBI agent who was with Ava be the killer—Wagger was blackmailing her, so she has a reason to want him gone. She's a minor enough character that it would be reasonable for investigators to look elsewhere first, but since she's not Sonny, he won't be tainted. As it stands, we'll have to suffer through watching Sonny try to hide the body and/or otherwise convince everyone Wagger had it coming and Sonny did the world a favor. He won't suffer any consequences. He never does. We've seen this before, and it's never watchable.

21 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I hate these writers for making me feel sorry for Michael. Sure, he's a dolt and often a controlling ass but even he doesn't deserve this.

I don't think anyone "deserves" to be cheated on, but I have no sympathy for Michael. He pursued Willow while she was married to Chase, and they fucked all over town. It's karma, and I've never been happier to see that turd get smacked across the face with it.

6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You know what I love to do after getting off an international flight?  Taking a walk along a deserted highway in the rain!  

Seriously. WTF?

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone "deserves" to be cheated on, but I have no sympathy for Michael. He pursued Willow while she was married to Chase, and they fucked all over town. It's karma, and I've never been happier to see that turd get smacked across the face with it.

I was probably not watching regularly then. I do remember endless flashbacks to dropcloth sex. 🙂 

Update:  Oh wait, do you mean when Chase was dying? I definitely hated that aspect.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

Oh, one more thing: the absolute gaslighting of the writers with Sonny's line about how Jagger had unjustly been out to get him because of Karen.  Like, do fuck off with that bit of nonsense.  

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
2 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I feel dumb. I shoulda known that one. lol thanks Tess. I was thinking about GH and i was like wait. who? think brain think!"

47 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Yes, that's who I meant. Apologies, @Daisy, I should have specified.

no worries! working with slow girl brain here!

• LOL 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

What if it’s a dream/ nightmare on someone’s part? 

* Just spittballing *

That briefly crossed my mind. I'm not sure how I'll feel if they open Monday with Sonny daydreaming in the Q study. But it would be a good fake-out.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I honestly don't understand this?  Is Jagger definitely dead?  Are we supposed to now root for a man who murdered a federal agent?  I'm so confused. 

I saw some speculation on Twitter that it was a dream because previews show Jason pointing a gun at someone and telling the person to put the gun down. He wouldn’t point a weapon at Sonny or Kristina. And why would jagger go to the boat house instead of the front door? Either way, we know jagger is toast, but unless sonny is going to actually pay for killing a federal agent, I’d rather just see Jsgger leave town with his tail between his legs.

michael is an ass but he has no reason to suspect anything is going on between Willow and Drew. Neither of them has given him reason to be suspicious. WE know. Sasha and Nina inow, and now James knows. I really really REALLY want Michael to head out in search of Willow and find them banging in Drew’s office. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They really did. They could have had that not-FBI agent who was with Ava be the killer—Wagger was blackmailing her, so she has a reason to want him gone. She's a minor enough character that it would be reasonable for investigators to look elsewhere first, but since she's not Sonny, he won't be tainted. As it stands, we'll have to suffer through watching Sonny try to hide the body and/or otherwise convince everyone Wagger had it coming and Sonny did the world a favor. He won't suffer any consequences. He never does. We've seen this before, and it's never watchable.

Seriously. WTF?

Don't forget Micheal stealing Kiki's awful ass away from his brother! I remember hating Micheal for that and it's a reason I hated Kiki the brother hopper 

• Like 6

No DID for characters we watched grow up. It comes from prolonged childhood absue. I'm still mad about Jess/Tess and this would enrage me just as much. 

Unless they plan on throwing Ric all the way under the bus it can't be DID. Maybe a fugue state or a psychotic break, but not DID.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I do appreciate that they had a fully medicated, calm Sonny tell John, "You're going to see who I really am" right before he shot him, while John never moved. Maybe Jason is pointing the gun at the woman holding Ava. Then she will tell everyone that John was blackmailing her to murder Ava, and Ava will dump on John too and ....oh fuck, let's face it... all roads lead to Sonny being STILL some kind of hero again. 😞 🛏️

• Like 6
  • Angry 3
  • Useful 1

So, Sonny pulls out a gun (and he's wearing gloves, so no fingerprints!) and Jagger looks surprised. What a disappointment in this character! He's supposed to be a hot-shot LEO, working for the FBI and he didn't suspect (no - expect) that Sonny would not go willingly? He seems to think just showing up and telling people that they are under arrest is enough. He's spent all this time elucidating how awful Sonny is, but thinks he'll be a roll over?

What kind of "agent" has Ava? She couldn't even pretend well, leaving her purse to go get coffee? 

How did the "doctor" end up on that lonely road in the rain? Did I miss something? 

Sorry, Maxie, but a person who has been in a coma for 3 1/2 years doesn't have the quality of life that a person who has a family, job, and responsibilities does, so she really shouldn't be at the top of a transplant list. It is a shame, but it is reasonable. 

Sonny, like Carly, seems to think that just because a bad deed was in the past, no one should still feel upset about it. Then, just to show what a great guy he is, he shoots s a guy who doesn't even have his gun drawn and clearly has plans to avoid responsibility. 

Who will Kristina shoot? Ava? Good luck locating her? Jagger? Looks like Sonny beat her to that. Although, it would be ironic if Kristina is now arrested for Jagger's murder because Sonny took steps to hide his involvement.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Holy hell! Someone tweeted that since they’ve been watching, Sonny has always seemed like a benevolent uncle who only kills the bad guys. I told them to tell that to AJ.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3

I wonder if Anna will dance on Jagger's grave. 

Sonny is Sonny. We all know his level of vileness. But Anna has been a total nightmare, getting in Jagger's way over Pikeman from the very beginning. This is a guy who was a friend of her daughter's to boot.

All in the name of her asshat ex who has zero consideration for her. 

1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Holy hell! Someone tweeted that since they’ve been watching, Sonny has always seemed like a benevolent uncle who only kills the bad guys. I told them to tell that to AJ.

And Dante.

The gaslighting on the part of the writers has worked really well on a large portion of the viewers. It boggles the mind that anyone would think that of Sonny. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

I don’t care how bad his hair looks-The second he opened his mouth, I was all:

❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰😍😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰😍😍😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

He’s all I care about now and am looking forward to JJ’s reunion with Genie and Becky.

• Like 8

I desperately want someone to point out to Willow that her hero worship of Drew is a direct result of her growing up in a sex cult with an older, charismatic man at the helm. It would be an interesting story for her to actually realize that her past affects her decisions now.

But there's no hope for this with these writers.

Lucky's return is not interesting to me and I was really looking forward to having him back. He has yet to have a SINGLE SCENE with a regular character. COME ON.

I hope Laura packed The Bag to go rescue Lucky.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

Is it possible that MB wants to retire? I don't understand why they would have Sonny kill Cates in cold blood. Am I supposed to be cheering for this?

I hate these writers for making me feel sorry for Michael. Sure, he's a dolt and often a controlling ass but even he doesn't deserve this. Of course, maybe he'll channel Alan and bring a house down on the cheaters. 

So new doctor guy is Dr. Gannon? Hmm...

I hope Micheal does make Drew and Willows lifes hell. Reap what they sow 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I hope Laura packed The Bag to go rescue Lucky.

I remember when this first aired and laughed my ass off! And watching it again? Laughed my ass off, while being bitter over the retcon that Luke HATED being married! Both Genie and Geary were hilarious here.

• Like 10
26 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

I hope Micheal does make Drew and Willows lifes hell. Reap what they sow 

It would be great. I'm just afraid CD wouldn't be able to pull it off. Still, we can hope. 

• Like 2

I never really gave a crap about OG Jagger so I'm not offended by his treatment as a legacy character. But I really liked Adam Herrington in the part and enjoyed his truth telling righteousness. I am baffled by this story decision to have Sonny murder a federal agent in cold blood. 

Sonny has of course done this before. But at least with AJ, Ava was egging him on. And with Dante, he lived and Sonny felt bad about for a second.

This is inexcusable to me. Yes Cates had gone full Javert. But he is still a fed, Stone's brother, a father and a friend of Robin. I don't see how this even fits in Sonny's BS "code."

Like from a writing perspective I just don't get it. And as a fellow BPD haver, can't say I love the message that as soon as he's properly medicated again he shoots a cop. Gross.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

Nice way to pay back your mother for saving you from jail, Kristina ...  just take off with her car.

How dumb was Jagger to think Sonny was just going to go along quietly.  And couldn't they have gotten out of the rain?  The boathouse was right there.

Felicia looked especially beautiful today.

So the new (gorgeous) doctor is going to have to start saving people already? I predict the fake FBI agent dies in the crash and Ava is badly injured. He'll fix her up, though.

• Like 5