Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Natalia is the victim of a terrible reveal that is totally not her fault and needs to be avenged. 

My bad. I forgot that it's all Ava's fault.

(Why does this show always think that I'm going to root for the bad people?)

• Like 9

What was up with the look on Molly's face when she was looking at the pictures on Kristina's phone? I mean we all know Ava didn't push Kristina out of the window. Did Molly see the look of rage on Kristina's face and realize maybe Ava is kinda telling the truth?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Carly to Ava "you have no shame."
Me: how are you not dead from the multitude of lightning strikes?

You know. Blaze.. i think you need to be single for a while and discover who and what you are. just saying 

That line actually didn't bother me because Ava saying they're "celebrating my freedom" is so gross.  Ava was in jail for what, a day? after a woman was traumatically injured and a baby died. She was not a prisoner held for weeks/months/years in a foreign land, FFS. Ava does not care that Kristina has and is suffering, and it shows. Bad optics as well for Scott, since he has known Kristina's mother for a long time. 

Totally agree about Blaze. In the time she's been interested in and then dating Kristina, it has seemed to me like she is a young woman looking up to/crushing on Kristina rather than an equal who is capable of standing up for herself and being a real partner to Kristina.

ETA: @tveyeonyou It looked like Molly was upset with the picture of Kristina pointing her finger in Ava's face. It looks like Kristina was already acting hostile (bad for blood pressure/baby) and the argument escalated from there with Ava putting her hands on Kristina. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Bad optics as well for Scott, since he has known Kristina's mother for a long time.

Scott and Alexis aren't exactly friends. I doubt this would surprise her. I doubt she thinks about Scott much at all, regardless of where he pops up.

How long someone spends in jail/prison is entirely dependent on the plot. I'm trying to stop letting it annoy me, because it's TFGH and there are so many other things my annoyance is better spent on. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm trying to stop letting it annoy me, because it's TFGH and there are so many other things my annoyance is better spent on. 

yeah. like Carly trying to make Jagger feel shame about not being in the same city as his kid - while her best friend Jason abandoned his kids for three years to project her butt (and was prepared to leave town again - for her). like Carly needs to shut up for life. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

"Copy that." 

For a brief moment, I enjoyed Jason's return. It was the scene with Elizabeth at the Metro Court pool. He was awake and engaged with his scene partner.  Now, he's back to being Sonny's violent valet.

Easier to write for and a no-sweat acting gig. 

Copy that.

Edited by tessabq
  • Like 15

Of all the stupid things that Ava has done, going to Carly's restaurant to celebrate her freedom is up there at the top. If you're going to be villainous, be subtle. Tracy would not make that mistake. (I know, it was for plot)

Come to think of it, I'm not surprised that the windows at the Metro Court are so flimsy, Carly is always hanging around the restaurant or the pool instead of doing hotel admin stuff.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Tracy and Violet having a tea party was nice but that sweet old lady was not the Lila I remember.

I doubt Tracy was going to be completely honest about her mom to a child

So I guess Blaze is done? I think Kristina could have pushed Blaze to go on tour without breaking up with her. She could have used the time to heal and then see how she felt about things at the end of the tour 

• Like 6

I appreciated the idea of the tea party, although Violet might be getting a little too old for them.  I guess using the good china makes a difference---even if Tracy poured coffee into her teacup.  I thought they might have been planning to make use of the stuffed animals to represent Finn and Gregory, so they could have a talk about loss, but no such luck.  I'm worried that the writers have no idea how to write for Tracy, and will relegate her to these little interludes that have no connection to anything else.  I guess we'll see, in her scenes with Cody tomorrow.

I actually like the character of Blaze/Allie, and think the actress has been pretty good.  It would be fine with me if she returns and if she and Kristina become a couple again, maybe stronger the next time, and more sure of their footing together.  That is, if Kristina doesn't turn to the dark side.

Ava/Sonny/Jason/Jagger.....snooze.  Brennan has promise, but his pairing with Carly is also....snooze.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm not surprised that the windows at the Metro Court are so flimsy, Carly is always hanging around the restaurant or the pool instead of doing hotel admin stuff.

The windows rotted while Nina was in charge.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

ETA: @tveyeonyou It looked like Molly was upset with the picture of Kristina pointing her finger in Ava's face. It looks like Kristina was already acting hostile (bad for blood pressure/baby) and the argument escalated from there with Ava putting her hands on Kristina. 

Thank you. I know that Ava did put her hands on Kristina as well as antagonizing her with her remarks about Krissy's Parents (understandable because I'd lose it if someone said those kind of things about my Parents, although they were never involved with the mob or alcoholics who lost their law license but still lol).

Kristina really shouldn't have gone there in the first place for many reasons. If Molly shows TJ those photos he's going to be furious.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

What was up with the look on Molly's face when she was looking at the pictures on Kristina's phone? I mean we all know Ava didn't push Kristina out of the window. Did Molly see the look of rage on Kristina's face and realize maybe Ava is kinda telling the truth?

Yeah, it looked like Molly was realizing it probably was just a shitty accident and that blaming Ava full-stop is just...not it.  What a mess.

I laugh every time the show has Carly acting like she actually works at the hotel.  So, wow, look at Carly viewing the reservation book--she's a natural!  And she can miss me with lecturing anyone on getting away with things.  Also, the comment to Cates about his son gave me the Ick because the implication was "your son is on the spectrum and needs tending to."  Shut up, Carly.

• Like 10

I don't think it's a loss that they didn't cast the Brennan actor as Jax. He has that same spirit of the early days Jax, but without the baggage both on and off screen. I just wish there could be some scenes with Robert -- I remember Brennan kind of skulking behind a napkin to avoid being recognized by Scorpio when he first came to town.

While Brennan may end up having a flirtmance with Carly, I in no way believe his heart led him back to PC. 

Couldn't we have had ONE scene where Sonny stammered out an apology to Jason before he started ordering him around again?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

that's what it looked like to me. before it was "she said/she said." Sonny is just using those pictures as see Ava made Krissy mad and this is why she is hurt so DEATH but Molly - especially because she said that her justice/her grieving process is going to be making Ava pay - is seeing that Ava's story is more true than Kristina's. (which again. WHY Ava lied about any of it is beyond me). 

And sooner than later it's going to stop being Poor Krissy - and WTF Krissy were you thinking?

• Like 6
(edited)

Kristina really shouldn't have gone there in the first place for many reasons. If Molly shows TJ those photos he's going to be furious.

It's easier for Molly to hate and blame Sonny and Ava for the death of her child and Kristina's trauma than be angry at Kristina for going to confront Ava. She's gotten in both of their faces to channel her pain and not be overwhelmed by the grief. Molly was correct that this happened because of Sonny and Ava wanting to hurt each other. But Ava was also correct that Kristina showed up uninvited and was angry. The problem is that Ava is showing zero remorse for having grabbed a pregnant woman, which was a significant factor in this accident. Molly has every right to be angry about that.

TJ is going to be furious with Kristina regardless of the photos. There could be photos of Ava dangling Kristina out the window and threatening to drop her and he would still blame Kristina entirely for the loss of this baby because it validates all of his feelings. He has demonstrated that he only cares about his own feelings.

ETA: There's a link to a SOD article in the Press section, where "Molly"/Kristen Vaganos talks about this storyline, esp. the feelings and relationships with TJ and Kristina.  The one thing I disagree with her about is that I think the storyline makes it clear that TJ and Molly do not know each other so well; in fact they've had poor communications in their relationship for years.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
(edited)
On 8/9/2024 at 7:13 PM, JMO said:

There are some very good veteran characters on this show, some with a boatload of history to plumb and bring into contact with the younger characters. There are even some very promising young characters.  But they need to be given to the hands of talented writers, to be nurtured and nourished and grown.  And they are not.

Agreed - and most of those veteran actors are very good. If any Soap needed a DOOL complete re-boot it's GH. Blow the whole damn thing up, do a two-year time jump and come back in September or October with storylines that actually make sense. Ah, as James Brown once said, "If a man can dream, then he can fly," I suppose.

Interesting how Jason immediately morphed back into being Sonny's lackey. Seems like it's his default setting. As @Auntie Velvet pointed out, Sonny didn't even mumble a weak-ass apology before ordering JaBorg around again. The only nuance we get this time is Jason's new "copy that" catchphrase, which I really believe Steve Burton brought in on his own just to blunt the monotony.

Nina is yet another short-sighted schemer. Does she plan to sacrifice herself/sleep with Drew indefinitely to keep him away from Willow? And who's to say he won't sleep with both of them? It was cool that Maxie has now become the level-headed Sage dishing out wisdom to her elders.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

At first, I thought Molly was zooming in on Kristina’s pregnant stomach as in a melancholy way but then realized her legal eye is seeing something else. I wonder if she says anything to Kristina right then and there or keeps it to herself? I guess I’ll have to tune in tomorrow to find out. 

• Like 2

So blaze is going on tour . She will no longer be one of the faces of deception .  
Is there going to be another search for the face of deception? 
Blaze finally got a backbone when she fired her mom

• Like 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

What was the point of Blaze except to introduce her bigot, domineering mother? 

To warm Sonny's bed. And she's the worse one yet to assume that dubious mantle.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

I still don't understand anything about the Pikeman resolution. How are Brennan and Valentin just off the hook?

Something about how Brennan was undercover for the WSB to root out Pikeman? Valentin was let off the hook so he doesn't implicate Brennan, I guess? I didn't pay much attention to Brennan's exposition dump to Anna about this because I was just grateful the dumb story was over.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

At first, I thought Molly was zooming in on Kristina’s pregnant stomach as in a melancholy way but then realized her legal eye is seeing something else. I wonder if she says anything to Kristina right then and there or keeps it to herself? I guess I’ll have to tune in tomorrow to find out. 

I actually started to like Molly a bit more as I watched her eyes narrow at the pictures where Kristina is obviously yelling at Ava. If she uses this insight to blame Kristina, as TJ continually does, then it will be short-lived but as you say, that sliver of curiosity is enough to tune in tomorrow.  

• Like 3
7 hours ago, ljr said:

So blaze is going on tour . She will no longer be one of the faces of deception .  
Is there going to be another search for the face of deception? 
Blaze finally got a backbone when she fired her mom

Yes, but who needs Blaze when Sonny wants Natalia to stay in Port Charles and is willing to throw money at Deception if BLQ agrees to hire her. "Over my dead body." Yay Tracy!! 

Tracy thinking about and missing Finn, aww.

Sasha's facial expression was hilarious as Willow explained to her, Michael, and Drew that she wants to go back to nursing at GH. Now Michael is concerned and calls on Nina? He's such a pathetic turd.

Poor Mac. The show is going way overboard to make Cody relevant. He's lucky it was Maxie walking in on him and Sasha about to go at it in a non-private space instead of one of the kids or an adult Q.

• Like 6

If it's not Mac's place to forbid James from riding with Cody, why hasn't James been riding with Cody?

Ugh, let Natalia go back to Puerto Rico, Sonny. Find another weak woman to sleep with. And I guess everyone has forgotten what a hateful person she is, what with the warm greetings and bringing her into Deception.

38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Now Michael is concerned and calls on Nina? He's such a pathetic turd.

At least I can enjoy his hilarious ignorance to what's right in front of his face when Willow and Drew are together or one mentions the other.

41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

[Cody is] lucky it was Maxie walking in on him and Sasha about to go at it in a non-private space instead of one of the kids or an adult Q.

A kid would survive. As long as it wasn't Olivia the hysterical sex police who was the adult Q, I doubt the others would care.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A kid would survive. As long as it wasn't Olivia the hysterical sex police who was the adult Q, I doubt the others would care.

Of course a kid would survive, but their parent would have every right to be pissed off.  IMO his boss Tracy could and should have fired Cody if Violet, Wiley or Leo had walked in on them instead of Maxie. That is his/their work space, not a bedroom or private office. People get fired for less than that all the time. 

• Like 2
(edited)

It's a soap. If people don't have sex in inappropriate places at inappropriate times, how would they get caught?

ETA: Speaking of Tracy, I hope her objections to Sonny investing in Deception also include him foisting noted homophobe Natalia into the business.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, Sonny should just pay smug, nasty Natalia directly, screw her, and let her go back where she came from.

Please give JE/Tracy a story. I'm over her wondering about like Kwai Chang Caine dispensing words of wisdom and meaningful musings with those she encounters. A battle with Sonny would be great! Of course, I will DIE when the Sonny propping continues and he wins her over and she takes the investment. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Please give JE/Tracy a story. I'm over her wondering about like Kwai Chang Caine dispensing words of wisdom and meaningful musings with those she encounters. A battle with Sonny would be great! Of course, I will DIE when the Sonny propping continues and he wins her over and she takes the investment. 

Amen to a story for Tracy, especially since they wrote off the two men with whom she had genuine relationships, Finn and Gregory.  If the show is hell bent on dropping storylines, I wish they'd dropped the ALS and found a miracle cure for Gregory.  There was real chemistry there, and Gregory was expert at challenging Tracy just enough to keep her on her toes. What a waste.

I'm up for her battling Sonny, but I think the character could also use a real romance.  And maybe a contemporary besides the often-unavailable Stella and the apparently-disappeared Marshall.  And maybe a son or two, on screen.   

• Like 15

Does Natalia know who/what Sonny really is? Or does she truly believe he is just a coffee importer? And she arbitrarily decides that her title should be CFO? At least Lois told Sonny straight out that he shouldn’t involve Brook Lynn in his desire to find his latest conquest a job. And Brook Lynn is far too trusting of him. I’m glad Lois is questioning where the money is coming from because her daughter doesn’t seem to care.

I don’t understand why the record label is kaput just because Blaze went on tour? Wouldn’t she want to record her own songs after the tour? You know, to capitalize on her new popularity? I know the actress was let go, but it could still be done off screen. It just doesn’t make sense. 

Tracy and Cody were fun. I’d forgotten about the brain worms lol! 

As mentioned above, if Mac has no say over whether James can ride with Cody,why isn’t James riding with Cody? Was Mac paying for the lessons? Of not, he has nothing to say in the matter. But I guess from the previews, James falls into the lake and Cody has to rescue him. Which will undoubtedly make Mac feel worse and hasten the reconciliation. I don’t mind the latter but that kid is plenty old enough to know better than to run off like that, and I hope (likely fruitlessly) that he suffers some consequences for his actions.

Loved Nina’s ‘I have a pretty good idea why Willow quit’ to Michael, lol! Too bad she isn’t going to tell him what that reason is. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll walk in on Willow and Drew making out. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Willow and Drew are just gross to me.

I know once the characters are adults, ages don't matter on Soaps, but is Drew supposed to quite a bit older than Willow/Michael? 

And also what are you seeing in him anyways Willow? Like I know you have bad taste already with Michael but Drew?! He gives me the ick with the way CM plays him.

Nina you deserve better too. 

Sonny/Natalia = zzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 8
1 hour ago, dkb said:

I know once the characters are adults, ages don't matter on Soaps, but is Drew supposed to quite a bit older than Willow/Michael? 

Yes. Drew is Jason's retconned twin brother. Jason was in his early-to-mid 20s when Michael was born and he took care of him (because Brown's Carly took off due to PPD). So Jason and Drew are supposed to be 50ish now whereas Willow and Michael are supposed to be in their late 20s/early 30s. I looked it up: Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is 29; Chad Duell (Michael) is 36; Cameron Mathison (Drew) is 54.

• Useful 1
(edited)

The obvious holes where Robert belongs (Cody/Mac story, Anna/Pikeman story, Molly DA story, and even, so help me, Diane) has me worried about Tristan Rogers  He looked and sounded great for the thirty seconds we saw him when Mac returned, but has been MIA both before and since.  Is there any word on his status? The actor's health?  Is there hope for the future?

Because (apart from the fact that I like and care about both the actor and the character) it occurred to me that he's probably in Tracy's age group, too.  And, if we could get back to vintage Robert....well, that could be interesting.

Edited by JMO
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Jason and Drew are supposed to be 50ish now whereas Willow and Michael are supposed to be in their late 20s/early 30s. I looked it up: Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is 29; Chad Duell (Michael) is 36; Cameron Mathison (Drew) is 54.

Michael was born right after Christmas of 1997, but they SORAS'd him about 4-5 years when he woke up from his Sonny-responsible coma, so he's about 31-32-ish.  

And, yes, I'll third that Drew and Willow are not at all hot together.  

• Like 2

Good lord. Was the last time the show had kids that weren’t obnoxious BRATS when JJ, Kimberley, and Amberlyn were wee?

I can’t STAND the whiny obnoxious James. No way he’s hurt too bad after the Tock we just got.

So Brooke Lynn is A-Okay with the bigot as CFO of Deception. Oh wait. It’s AVA’’S fault the world now knows about Natalia. And what about the spread Maxie talked about for damage control? And why wasn’t she called for the meeting?

Ewwwwww! I thought that was jam Lois was spreading so generously on…bagel? But caviar? YUCK!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ewwwwww! I thought that was jam Lois was spreading so generously on…bagel? But caviar? YUCK!

Funny you should mention that!  My parents were from the rural south and always thought it was hilarious that what they called "fish row" in the old days was considered an expensive delicacy.

Lois was really piling the caviar on while criticizing the snooty, hoi-paoli art patrons. What a Maroon! (TM Bugs Bunny)

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good lord. Was the last time the show had kids that weren’t obnoxious BRATS when JJ, Kimberley, and Amberlyn were wee?

And what about the spread Maxie talked about for damage control? And why wasn’t she called for the meeting?

The Braden actor who played child Cameron wasn't a brat in my opinion. When Brooklyn (Emma actress) was a child, her brat behavior was associated with being around Sabrina and Felix. JL as Violet has stopped being an obnoxious brat since Gregory died and she's no longer trying to be a matchmaker for her family. This storyline with Maxie's son could be better if they addressed his behavior as not having his dad in his life and that Spinelli is no substitute for the late Nathan. 

That's exactly what I was saying! BLQ doesn't want to say no to Sonny because she adores him, but Tracy and Maxie absolutely should say NOOOO!!!

Yes, hypocrite Lois was chowing down on caviar while sneering to Gio about rich people enjoying fine art. First of all, anyone can appreciate fine art. Second of all, the whole reason she is living in a mansion rent-free is because she was married to a rich man and had a kid with him. At least Alan, Monica and her ex Ned have all been doctors and in legit family business. Unlike her pal Sonny, they didn't kill people for the money they have and most likely neither did the people who want to buy art from Ava's gallery. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I kind of liked Blaze, but I didn't mind losing her if it meant getting rid of awful Natalia. So WHYYYYYY is she still here? She adds nothing, and detracts quite a bit.

I do think it's funny that Blaze is joining Miguel's never-ending tour. Someone should have warned her: once you get on that road, you never get off.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I kind of liked Blaze, but I didn't mind losing her if it meant getting rid of awful Natalia. So WHYYYYYY is she still here? She adds nothing, and detracts quite a bit.

I do think it's funny that Blaze is joining Miguel's never-ending tour. Someone should have warned her: once you get on that road, you never get off.

I guess they really want Eva LaRue in spite of her storyline reason for being there now busted. But her character is so odious with her homophobia yet she’s getting a pass for it

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I guess they really want Eva LaRue in spite of her storyline reason for being there now busted. But her character is so odious with her homophobia yet she’s getting a pass for it

I think the worst part in this is that they got rid of her gay daughter. They got rid of what they think was the problem with the vile character they created. Since Ava is to blame for everything, it means that Kristina will be a-okay with her father banging the bigot. Because Sonny has no bottom.

I don't even have a problem with her being a bigot. It takes all kinds of characters on soaps. I have a problem with the way they tried to change the writing by gaslighting us into thinking that Ava was the one to blame because she released the tape.

Like get the fuck outta here with your messed up writing. They chose to write her as a bigot? Own it. People would be more accepting of that than the drivel we've been subjected to.

• Like 13
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the worst part in this is that they got rid of her gay daughter. They got rid of what they think was the problem with the vile character they created. Since Ava is to blame for everything, it means that Kristina will be a-okay with her father banging the bigot. Because Sonny has no bottom.

I don't even have a problem with her being a bigot. It takes all kinds of characters on soaps. I have a problem with the way they tried to change the writing by gaslighting us into thinking that Ava was the one to blame because she released the tape.

Like get the fuck outta here with your messed up writing. They chose to write her as a bigot? Own it. People would be more accepting of that than the drivel we've been subjected to.

As pointed out previously by a poster, GH has been doing a bad job with its LGBTQ+ characters for awhile now under the current producer so this is just par for the course. And I forgot Frank was gay, which makes it even worse

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Willow and Drew mostly don’t work for me because they write her as really naive and easily influenced. Her weird hero worshipping of Drew only made them look more problematic because it makes Drew look like a gigantic creep. He was basically a father figure who now looks like he wants to bang her everytime they’re alone. And what’s the end goal with them? No one is going to be ok with Drew going after Michael’s wife and I can’t see her leaving g this unscathed either considering she’s going against the golden child. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 13
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

because they write her as really naive and easily influenced.

That’s actually perfectly in character and I wish they’d lean more into it. Remember she was part of Shiloh’s Dawn of Day cult. She basically grew up in a cult and was pimped out by her mother. She got pregnant by a cult leader and then latched onto Wiley when she thought he was her son. Even after the truth came out, she MARRIED Michael to maintain access to Wiley and to be part of a ‘stable’ family with yet another controlling man. She’s convinced herself she’s happy because she’s safe but I don’t think she’s ever had real therapy to deal with her lifetime of trauma. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

A child gets to overhear his aunt and married cousin discuss the cousin's kiss and infatuation with her husband's uncle, which comes down to perceiving him as a superhero who gives back to the community compared to her boring husband. 🙄 I assume Michael finds out from him.

Shut UP, Lucy. Tracy is the only one showing intelligence in a room full of so-called "business women."

Nina shows Michael waaayyy more grace than he has ever deserved.

Of course Mac gets to see the soaking wet hero and James hug. 

So, the Wyndemere set is going to be used again? I assume another death or murder or two is coming soon. 

• Like 6

LMAO Willow basically admitted that Michael’s the kind of husband you have to treat like a child and tell what to do when it comes to coparenting tasks. I’m not surprised he’s wepaonized incompetence personified but shocked the show would actually admit to it. 

• LOL 13