Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 12/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, mostlylurking said:

I thought Spencer’s goodbye was sweet.  Even though they will be close by, they will not be under the same roof and it’s not the same.  Especially with Spencer’s feelings of abandonment I can see why this would be hard for him.  It is for the best though (and will be healthier for everyone).

I also wanted to comment on Jeff Kober’s performance a couple days ago.  This guy is so good.  And he speaks a lot of truth.  Laura is a hypocrite.  She cavorts with criminals constantly.  I understand if she doesn’t want to add another to her roster, but at least acknowledge that.

I understand that Spencer has major abandonment issues, but he's not the only one of Laura's grandchildren with that issue. Once again, this Show is ignoring an opportunity: cousins Spencer, Rocco and Aiden bonding over being abandoned by/without their mom or dad. I would like to see some acknowledgement that SORAS-ed Spencer is aware of Uncle Lucky and Aunt Lulu's existence as well as the fact that he has young family members not named Ace. Some of his energy could be spent on giving love to these two younger boys who could use an older male cousin for emotional support.  Sam is no substitute for Rocco's real mother, and for Aiden, Franco is dead and we have no idea if Lucky has been in contact since Christmastime several years ago. 

Sure Kober is a great actor, but I don't consider Laura a hypocrite for her attitude because her criminal brother is, in fact, the one responsible for her beloved daughter Lulu being in a coma. Laura, Rocco, and Charlotte don't owe him a damn thing. While I agree Sonny is a criminal who has killed multiple times, he's not the one who deliberately set a trap via Julian, to hurt and kill a bunch of innocent people in a bar.  That is a terrorist act. I don't care that the target was specifically Jason; anytime you make a decision to set a bomb anywhere in a space where there is public access, you know innocent people are almost certainly going to be hurt or killed. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sure Kober is a great actor, but I don't consider Laura a hypocrite for her attitude because her criminal brother is, in fact, the one responsible for her beloved daughter Lulu being in a coma. Laura, Rocco, and Charlotte don't owe him a damn thing. While I agree Sonny is a criminal who has killed multiple times, he's not the one who deliberately set a trap via Julian, to hurt and kill a bunch of innocent people in a bar.  That is a terrorist act. I don't care that the target was specifically Jason; anytime you make a decision to set a bomb anywhere in a space where there is public access, you know innocent people are almost certainly going to be hurt or killed. 

Sure Kober is a terrorist but isn't Sonny even worse?  Sonny is an accessory to trafficking military-grade weapons - toppling governments instead of wiping out a bunch of innocent civilians.  But I agree that Laura should not be expected to be anything more than civil, if that, to a thug who is responsible for Lulu's coma.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Sure Kober is a terrorist but isn't Sonny even worse?  Sonny is an accessory to trafficking military-grade weapons - toppling governments instead of wiping out a bunch of innocent civilians.  But I agree that Laura should not be expected to be anything more than civil, if that, to a thug who is responsible for Lulu's coma.

I don't know why I just laughed reading this.  All I could think was; I don't know who's worse but I don't want either of them moving in next door!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I understand that Spencer has major abandonment issues, but he's not the only one of Laura's grandchildren with that issue. Once again, this Show is ignoring an opportunity: cousins Spencer, Rocco and Aiden bonding over being abandoned by/without their mom or dad. I would like to see some acknowledgement that SORAS-ed Spencer is aware of Uncle Lucky and Aunt Lulu's existence as well as the fact that he has young family members not named Ace. Some of his energy could be spent on giving love to these two younger boys who could use an older male cousin for emotional support.  Sam is no substitute for Rocco's real mother, and for Aiden, Franco is dead and we have no idea if Lucky has been in contact since Christmastime several years ago. 

One thing Aiden has that his cousins don't is he an older brother who was always there for him. It'd be nice if Aiden and Spencer had a conversation about Cam leaving for Stanford and Spencer got some insight about why he was so against Cam leaving when Cam's own brothers were so happy for him. That could lead to a realization someone doesn't have to literally be living under the same roof to be a part of their life and that Ace is not going to feel abandoned because Spence lives a few blocks away. 

That would require the writers acknowledging the many connections these characters have to others outside of the story bubbles they've been placed in though and this show can't even be bothered to be consistent on time of day in any given episode so writing a story with nuance is beyond them. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
On 12/8/2023 at 4:08 PM, statsgirl said:

I don't trust TJ with his prejudice against Kristina ("You're the smart one, Sam's the capable one (!!!), Kristina's the impulsive one");

The word used was "impetuous".   Yeah, not a word that rolls off the lips.  At best, at least it was a slight improvement than earlier in the week whereby Lois was reciting a glowing one-minute (scene) commercial about how wonderful Michael is.  And that was due to Michael performing actions that no mere shareholder should have undertaken.  Since ELQ is a private company, plenty more wiggle room for gray actions than a publicly held company such as Aurora.

Rarely does an episode go by that I don't evaluate the episode having to wonder if FV is upset that his show got cancelled and that he is passive-aggressively sticking it to GH.

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

That would require the writers acknowledging the many connections these characters have to others outside of the story bubbles they've been placed in though and this show can't even be bothered to be consistent on time of day in any given episode so writing a story with nuance is beyond them. 

I wonder if Frank hadn’t fired all the GH writers save one (Korte?) when he took over, if we would have gotten nuanced writing and respect for the show’s history? It just seems and I know I’ve said it before, but Frank and these hacks seem determined to massacre and ruin the vets and characters that existed before with the exception of Mooby and the SHEBEAST and her spawn.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 12/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I understand that Spencer has major abandonment issues, but he's not the only one of Laura's grandchildren with that issue. Once again, this Show is ignoring an opportunity: cousins Spencer, Rocco and Aiden bonding over being abandoned by/without their mom or dad. I would like to see some acknowledgement that SORAS-ed Spencer is aware of Uncle Lucky and Aunt Lulu's existence as well as the fact that he has young family members not named Ace.

You can add Molly and Charlotte to the list of Spencer's cousins who have been abandoned by a parent whether deliberately or by circumstances.

The difference though is that his cousins had one stable parent still there; Liz for Aiden, Dante or Lulu for Rocco, Alexis for Molly, Valentin for Charlotte. But for years Spencer thought that he had no living parent and except for his grandmother, he was basically rootless as compared to Aiden who occasionally visits his father and Rocco whose mother is in a hospital in a coma. (Spencer had Sonny but Sonny always prioritizes his own family.) And then he found out his father really was alive and just decided not to connect with his only child. That's a trauma greater than those experienced by his cousins.

He maybe be spoiled and immature but Spencer is basically an adult, certainly in his interactions with Ace he is. Aiden is 15, Rocco even younger. They could compare feelings of abandonment but their situations and stages in understanding are different.

• Like 5
On 12/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, dubbel zout said:

My concern is that I have to watch all of this unfold and end up with the case being dismissed, though that would be TFGH. I'd rather see Finn face some consequences, however ridiculous, than have yet another story fizzle out to nothing.

I think what bugs me more is Liz constantly preaching how Finn did NOTHiNG wrong, and he's a WONDERFUL doctor! I get that she wants to be supportive, but she has zero knowledge of the case. Maybe Finn is innocent. Maybe he did miss something. She can support him and still not scream from the rooftops that he's the best doctor GH has ever had! 

From the scarce details we've received, it does sound like the patient disregarded Finn's request to come back for more testing. And I don't know why Finn or any other doctor would test for cancer when the patient complained of symptoms related to tape worm and stated he often traveled to exotic locations.  That plus Finn stating that the patient called and said he was feeling much better, tells me there was nothing more to do. Of course I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But this all just seems like much ado about nothing to give Finn yet another front burner story that ME will sleep through...

• Like 6

I don’t get the point of Lois’ return. She’s hardly even left the Q mansion so she mainly interacts with the same handful of characters and didn’t come between Ned and Olivia. I don’t particularly feel nostalgia towards scenes with her and BL given they were barely onscreen together and even less so with her retconned bff Olivia. Hell I’d rather see her having more friend scenes with Sonny and I can barely stand him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’m never going to like people cringing when Tracy shows up to her family home and why Olivia tried to call her out about not being back for the family when she’s the main one treating her like she doesn’t want her around. She’s right about the decorations being tacky though.

Is this the first we’ve heard Dex’s backstory? I’d feel more sorry about his cheating father if he felt a smidgen of guilt about hooking up with Joss while she was dating someone but he didn’t give a crap. He’s as big a hypocrite as his gf.

I’m sorry but Violet is annoying and way too old to still be acting like the precocious kid who asks inappropriate questions and puts adults on the spot. She has to be 9 or 10 by now so not sure why they write her like a 4 year old. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

Is Dex competing with Sonny for the saddest growing up story? "[My mother] just wasn't strong enough to stand up on her own."..."It was this vicious cycle that my mom refused to break."   Yes, it was her fault, those weak wimminz.  But young Dex had to take her side and get beat up by his brothers? sob, sob

I know that Leo is on the autism spectrum but his life will be easier if Olivia teaches him not to be rude to people, especially adults. What am I saying? Olivia? She gives master class in rudeness.

Isn't Violet rather old to be read to from a child's book?  At eight I was reading chapter books.

Portia had no legal right to submit Curtis' case to the experimental  She is neither his doctor nor his current medical power of attorney since he can act for himself.

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

IIs this the first we’ve heard Dex’s backstory? I’d feel more sorry about his cheating father if he felt a smidgen of guilt about hooking up with Joss while she was dating someone but he didn’t give a crap. He’s as big a hypocrite as his gf.]

Excellent point. And he blames his mother for not 'stopping the cycle' rather than his father for creating the situation.  For both of them, it' about what they want in the moment.

• Like 10
37 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get the point of Lois’ return.

She was the catalyst for Eddie remembering he was Ned. I think that was a good idea, actually, since Ned's family was so awful about his amnesia. And she could speak to him on a musical level. But she's been pretty pointless since then. I enjoy her and RS, but harassing BL about Chase isn't a story.

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Is this the first we’ve heard Dex’s backstory?

I think it's the first time we've gotten this much. Zzzzz. Who cares? He's boring regardless of his history. And TFGH to blame the domestic assault victim, rather than the abuser.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I know that Leo is on the autism spectrum but his life will be easier if Olivia teaches him not to be rude to people, especially adults.

I was thinking the same thing. It's gross the show uses him to be rude to Tracy and we're supposed to accept it because it's that's Leo: blunt and honest. Ugh. Besides, the adults are rude enough to Tracy. She gives as good as she gets, but it would be nice if she wasn't always immediately met with hostility.

Violet needs some instruction on rudeness as well. Everyone just laughs off her completely inappropriate comments and questions. No one parents their young children on this fakakta show. It's not funny.

• Like 13

Since when does Tracy need to explain to anyone, let alone Olivia, why she came back to her family home? Shut up, Olivia. And stop mocking Tracy for having gifts.  So what if she wants to be home for Christmas? Olivia would be slagging Tracy if she weren't home. Olivia sucks.

It cracked me up when Sonny said he was going to talk to Michael on Nina's behalf. Michael has been a pill to Nina ever since Nixon Falls, so it's not as if the blackmail has changed anything and Michael would listen to Sonny.

• Like 12

Just catching up on a bunch of episodes from the past week or so.  A few observations:

Adam is apparently unaware that his father will be getting a co-pay bill from that GH ED visit.  

As overdone as this whole "Ace-is-my-little-brother" storyline is, I couldn't help but be jealous of NAC. There is no feeling in the world better than being snuggled by an infant.

Everything else feels simultaneously disjointed and unnecessarily mysterious and heavy.  Marshall's ghostly visit might have been heartwarming if we'd ever seen him pining for his wife.  Jake is awkward with everyone, including his mother.  He always looks like he's up to something, but then there's nothing there.  ( I do see some flashes of talent in the actor, but they are most definitely not tapping into it.) I didn't understand any of the angst around James being sick, nor about Cody/Sasha taking over the phone meeting.  

I miss the real Anna, and wish the imposter would be unmasked.  That whole story seems like it's being written in real time, by a team who each take a turn at moving it in a different direction on the daily. 

Loved seeing lighthearted Robert, but the wrong woman was on his arm.  

The Finn malpractice story would be delivering angst more effectively if the character had a different personality.  Imagine Tony Jones or Steve Hardy being charged (aging myself, I know) and everyone rallying around.  

Now to really age myself, Cyrus reminds me of a character named Carl Hutchins from the once-great Another World.  Carl was a classic bad guy who fell in love with the widowed Rachel, who had once been a bad girl herself, but had gained respect through marriage.  If they could find someone for Cyrus, it would be a way to keep Jeff Kober on screen.  He's kept the ambiguity of his conversion well enough to give them options.  If Cyrus is going to stick around, he needs another relationship besides his siblings.

Edited by JMO
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Michael Easton is hard on my eyes and ears. Good grief. I want Finn and Violet to move away. Gregory Harrison can stay. JJ and Tyler to Easton… Rebecca, I am sorry. 

The X crew moved on from Violet to “Blazer” and “Chaste” and their no love scenes. Amanda made herself look like a fool and a favorite at once. Many years married Mo’s Sonny has what, five baby mamas on the canvas right now? 

Ill mannered children are not cute. These kids are too old for it to fly. 

I was not around for the start of Joss and Dex, but didn’t they start as cheating? Yikes. Eden does the heavy lifting in all the scenes. I know Joshua is Mo’s son, but that’s the entertainment business, he’s got some range, is attractive, and there’s something there. 

Do all of Elizabeth’s sons have the Webber surname? It makes sense if they do. 

Nina bought Dex a laptop?

Tracy doesn't have to explain to anyone why she's returning to her house or having issues with the tacky decorations in her house especially to Lois who is not a Quartermaine anymore or Olivia who after how much she basically chose everyone like Drew and Carly over Ned also can shut up. 

• Like 9

Those decorations reminded me of that massive engagement ring I saw on Courtney’s hand (Spencer’s mother) that baby stealer Jax gave her (making Robin be Maury Povich again), loud and tacky, when I tuned in once during that era. Courtney even knocked it and Jax bitched about Nik’s “ancient money.” 

IDK, tacky or not, someone took the initiative to decorate the Q's, so why criticize after the fact?

It was rude, however, that no one could tell Tracy that Ned's memory returned.

I still think Dr. Finn lives in a hovel. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when does Tracy need to explain to anyone, let alone Olivia, why she came back to her family home? Shut up, Olivia. And stop mocking Tracy for having gifts.  So what if she wants to be home for Christmas? Olivia would be slagging Tracy if she weren't home. Olivia sucks.

again it bothers me because as fetch as Tracy might be - she's elderly. Her husband/partner is dead. her son [as far as she knows]  has no idea who she is and she wants to touch roots.. Mrs "FAMILY IS EVERYTHING" should grow a clue and realize one of those things and just shut up 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

Wow, the Dante/Sam scenes were doubly irritating: really nothing but a recap (KeMo minimums?), and I guess there’s nothing confidential about police work these days.  Oh, who am I kidding?  This is the show where the mayor sanctions an ex-PI to investigate a shooting because the PD is incompetent.

As much as I don’t like the constant snotting by Olivia at Tracy, I’ll take JE on my screen any day.

This may be UO, but I kind of liked the Curtis/Marshall scenes <ducking>.

While I appreciate inclusion of a scene with Dex and Joss where they’re not actively screwing, I’m not particularly invested in his back story.  And sorry, EH did nothing to sell me on it either.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

While I appreciate inclusion of a scene with Dex and Joss where they’re not actively screwing

Or talking/bitching about Sonny

2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I’m not particularly invested in his back story.

So say us all.  And of course it's sad, complete with victim blaming.  I can't wait until he ~surprises Joss with a huge tree, complete with a zillion ornaments, as he tearfully tells her she's shown him the true meaning of Christmas.  God bless us all.

I hate the way Olivia and Lois acted towards Tracy.  I know she gives as good as she gets, but they were downright awful.  Yes, how DARE Tracy return to a house she's considered home for decades.  Not to mention when she left she never said she wasn't returning.  Assholes, the both of them.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

The Bensonhurst trash can be taken out any day now. I have zero use for Olive and Lois being BFFs ragging on Tracy. 

Tracy took the time to buy Leo Christmas presents because she cares about him even though he doesn't have a drop of Q blood. Take a seat Olivia, and have several glasses of STFU! 

JE looked gorgeous. Aging beautifully. I'll have what she's having when I reach that age.

I'll take a pass on Dex's sad story. One of the blandest characters to ever grace our screens. Some characters just can't be saved from their own blandness no matter what. 

Wylie is so into riding these days. Love hearing about the golden spawn's 24 hour interests.

I still hate Violet. Can Hayden come back and take her away? Please and thank you.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I really really really really wish Nina had told Ned that Michael is already blackmailing her.  Ned and Nina working together against Michael would be more satisfying than a double blackmail scheme, IMO.

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

I hope they are reuniting Scott and Lucy. They should have done that years ago rather than hooking them up with Dr. O and Martin. Neither character is on frequently enough to establish a new pairing. I’m pretty sure Lucy and Martin have been together for 2 years yet have only been onscreen together for at most 10 episodes. 

• Like 1

The Tracey/Ned reunion was really swet. Two old pros who hae been working together forever.

Doesn't the head of the WSB realize that Dante can recognize him too?  Dante worked for the WSB just a few years ago. And possibly Robert will recognize him too as the man who fired him from the WSB.

Clever of Dante to put the Forsyth package in a safety deposit box. Stupid to keep the wallet with him..

I don't get the big deal about being pregnant and giving birth.  It's nine months, less if you don't get morning sickness, and it rearranges your body but then, if there are no complications, it's done.

I wish that Scott and Obrecht had got together again. They were fun, and now we'll only hear from Obrecht, not see her.

25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I really really really really wish Nina had told Ned that Michael is already blackmailing her.  Ned and Nina working together against Michael would be more satisfying than a double blackmail scheme, IMO.

It is a no-brainer since Ned is already opposed to Michael to tell him that Michael knows the truth and is concealing it so that he can use it against Ned.

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yeah. So much for the Bensonhurst "Family is everything" chorus. I guess family is everything only if you approve of them.

• Like 3

BL wanting to plan a wedding quickly because Violet doesn’t like long engagement is so stupid. Why are they placating a child? I’m assuming the real reason they are rushing the wedding is so they can do it while Rena Sofer is still around but they could have come up with a better excuse than that. Heck, even saying that they aren’t sure how long Gregory would be around and want to make sure he can attend would make way more sense.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

LOL that the lockers are in a large storage room. And Dante doesn't look conspicuous at all holding up that wall. And then the safety deposit space at the bank is the PCPD interrogation room with a few panels thrown up. Hee.

Dante should have taken pictures of all of the stuff he found in the locker.

Isn't the point that Willow and Michael and the kids are spending Christmas Eve with Sonny and Nina so the kids can open the presents from them there? (Sorry for the garbled syntax.)

25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Ugh, I know, and it would save Nina from being dumped on by yet another person. It's no fun to watch her being constantly on guard and skittish. I also hate that Ned is as idiotic as the rest of them about the fact that Drew and Carly COMMITTED A CRIME. But no, it's still all Nina's fault.

Just now, statsgirl said:
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yeah. So much for the Bensonhurst "Family is everything" chorus. I guess family is everything only if you approve of them.

Olivia's always been that way with the Qs. When family unity works for her, she's all for it. Otherwise she'll just whinge and whine about how terrible the Qs are. Olivia sucks.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

BL wanting to plan a wedding quickly because Violet doesn’t like long engagement is so stupid. Why are they placating a child? I’m assuming the real reason they are rushing the wedding is so they can do it while Rena Sofer is still around but they could have come up with a better excuse than that. Heck, even saying that they aren’t sure how long Gregory would be around and want to make sure he can attend would make way more sense.

I had to rewind and listen to that again to make sure I heard it properly. I think it's probably more about Gregory (though yes, they want Lois there). How widely known is his illness? Family and close friends know, but it doesn't seem to be common knowledge. Not that he'd go around with a shirt that says "As me about my ALS" on it, but if more people knew, I feel like we'd hear at least passing references to it from them.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

LIESL!!! Yesss!

I hope the breakup doesn’t mean that we’ll never see her again.

Love to have Jane Elliott back too but wish it would’ve started the JZ tribute.  I guess instead, calls will be received by Carly at some point to highlight LW. Sigh…

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also hate that Ned is as idiotic as the rest of them about the fact that Drew and Carly COMMITTED A CRIME. But no, it's still all Nina's fault.

The number of characters who have to look stupid in order to prop up the Carlys is insane.  I'm waiting for, upon the truth coming out, Dante to whip out his handcuffs and immediately arrest Nina for...reporting a crime.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know, and it would save Nina from being dumped on by yet another person. It's no fun to watch her being constantly on guard and skittish. I also hate that Ned is as idiotic as the rest of them about the fact that Drew and Carly COMMITTED A CRIME. But no, it's still all Nina's fault.

I like Ned normally but it’s almost a saving grace for me that I know he won’t win so not only will this all be for naught, his so called family (save Tracy) will turn against him for daring to conspire against St. Michael. I won’t feel bad for him when that happens just like I didn’t when he hit his head running to tell Drew that Nina called the SEC. 

• Like 4

I wish Nina just told Ned that Michael was blackmailing her. Having Sonny talk the character up doesn’t help. In Chad’s hands, Michael’s a snarling (that part is on point) pipsqueak. 

Willow should really be angry at Michael most of all when she inevitably finds out. 

Violet calling the shots and running everyone is crazy as is tethering Easton to a 26-year vet to try and make him and Finn palatable to the audience. You can’t save them all, Frank. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The number of characters who have to look stupid in order to prop up the Carlys is insane.  I'm waiting for, upon the truth coming out, Dante to whip out his handcuffs and immediately arrest Nina for...reporting a crime.

The charge will be obstruction of justice. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Violet calling the shots and running everyone is crazy

At least she was told "at the reception, if not the wedding". 

All I could think when Dante made such a big deal of putting on gloves before examining "the evidence" was that his fingerprints were all over the safe deposit box. Sheesh! At least wipe it down before you leave, even if you think it's secure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 12/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, ffwbe said:

I don’t get the point of Lois’ return. She’s hardly even left the Q mansion so she mainly interacts with the same handful of characters and didn’t come between Ned and Olivia. I don’t particularly feel nostalgia towards scenes with her and BL given they were barely onscreen together and even less so with her retconned bff Olivia. Hell I’d rather see her having more friend scenes with Sonny and I can barely stand him. 

Other than Sonny and maybe Laura and Lucy, who would she interact with outside the Quartermaine bubble? I think the only other characters currently on the canvas who were around when Sofer's Lois was last on the show are Felicia, Mac, Alexis, Kevin, Elizabeth, and Carly - and may I please say how grateful I am that there has not been a scene of Carly bitching to Lois about Nina under the guise of being concerned about Sonny because I had been bracing myself for that.

I don't think there really was a "point" (by which I mean something plotted out by the writers with a beginning, middle, and end) to Lois' return. I think TPTB realized that there was an opportunity to bring Sofer back for a brief stint and that such an opportunity was unlikely to come again given that she's moving to the East Coast, so they brought her back more or less just to have her back. Her being seemingly stuck at the Quartermaine mansion is probably because they block filmed all her scenes in whatever short span of time she was willing to give them.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't get the big deal about being pregnant and giving birth.  It's nine months, less if you don't get morning sickness, and it rearranges your body but then, if there are no complications, it's done.

Physically, for the most part, yes.  Emotionally, not so much.  Carrying a child (and in this case her bio child) for 9 months and just handing it off isn't going to be easy.  and, then you know she's going to have issues with how the baby is being raised.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
On 12/11/2023 at 2:20 PM, dubbel zout said:

I was thinking the same thing. It's gross the show uses him to be rude to Tracy and we're supposed to accept it because it's that's Leo: blunt and honest. Ugh.

Add me to the list. This reminds me of people who use being honest as an excuse for being gigantic assholes.  There is a way to be truthful and still be polite and respectful.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:07 PM, ComeWhatMay said:

Do all of Elizabeth’s sons have the Webber surname? It makes sense if they do. 

I agree.  I know now two of them are dead, but even before Jason died neither he nor Lucky had an active part in raising their kids so why should they have their fathers’ surnames?  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6

Trina for the win today.  She said all the right things to Adam.  Too bad he's too far under his parents' control.

Wow, Carly, you know Drew's supposed to be coming back in a couple of weeks, right?  No need to couple up with someone else yet.

I have no problem with the hospital accepting Sonny's money, because hey, it might as well do some good.  But, Stella and Felicia does know that he has people killed because of "business"?  No need to act like he's the best citizen of PC ever.

And I just feel like everybody (Alexis and Sam) just keep having the same conversation with Kristina over and over and over again. I'm getting (no I'm already) bored with it.

I also couldn't care less who killed Austin.  Mostly because the last few decades GH just kills someone lays a bunch of clues that may or may not mean anything and when they feel the storyline needs to end, then decides who the killer is.  I'll stop before I go off on another rant about TMK.

• Like 3

So now GH is trying to launch the singing career of Mo's son? Ugh. Please, no. Stahp. And of course guitar is Adam's true passion and his dad thinks it's for deadbeats or whatever. I'm bored with Adam's story. If he's going to crack, do it soon.

The lighting in Ava's apartment was terrible—you could practically see the layers of MW's makeup.

Weird that Sonny talked to Felicia and Stella about funding all of the holiday parties and things. They don't have anything to with that stuff. 

17 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why didn't Dante take pictures of the evidence, or at least the photos?

He explained that today! He didn't want anything in the cloud and hackable.

Carly has learned how and when to compromise? What?! Only if that means learning how to force others to compromise. That she's got down. "I'm not here to manage other people's lives." What?! Carly's self-awareness is extremely limited.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Dante: Why do you keep all that information unless you're going after someone. 

Me:  Or unless you're trying to protect yourself from someone who is powerful going after you. How stupid are you Dante?

Carly: "I leaned how and when to compromise."  Me:🤣🤣🤣

Why would Nik murder Austin? Austin saved his life (even if Ava doesn't ow that, the audience does).

Trina was generally right taking to Adam but wrong to tell him to follow his music instead of premed. When his parents kick him out, is he really going to be able to support himself ostracized by his family? Jonathan Miller, Rob Buckman, there are many physicians who also had a career in arts. There is even a European Doctors Orchestra.

17 hours ago, Steph J said:

may I please say how grateful I am that there has not been a scene of Carly bitching to Lois about Nina under the guise of being concerned about Sonny because I had been bracing myself for that.

Something to be truly grateful for.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Carrying a child (and in this case her bio child) for 9 months and just handing it off isn't going to be easy.  and, then you know she's going to have issues with how the baby is being raised.  

Issues with how the baby is being raised, absolutely. That could be a huge problem.

But that's not what Alexis and everyone else keep raising. They focus on the physical problems of the pregnancy itself, and as someone who had a lot of symptoms including fainting (to the extent that I was medically forbidden to drive), I don't think it's that big a deal.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Weird that Sonny talked to Felicia and Stella about funding all of the holiday parties and things. They don't have anything to with that stuff. 

If the show didn't want to pay for Cassandra James, have Sonny talk to new co-chief of staff Portia.

• Like 4

Sam’s place doesn’t seem very festive considering that they have 3 kids living there but perhaps they didn’t bother with holiday set decorations since they never do Christmas Day scenes at the PH. 

I think Alexis should have related her experience of giving up a baby for adoption and how she struggled with that. While it isn’t a 1:1 with Kristina being a surrogate, she can point out the difficulties she experienced with that and how being part of this child’s life but only as an extended family member might be even more difficult. 

Carly always looks smug when she’s in her flirting mode and it’s always hilarious to me when she talks about herself as this selfless, mature person. Talk about rose colored glasses.

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly always looks smug when she’s in her flirting mode and it’s always hilarious to me when she talks about herself as this selfless, mature person. Talk about rose colored glasses.

She's a narcissist complete with a fake laugh. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But that's not what Alexis and everyone else keep raising. They focus on the physical problems of the pregnancy itself, and as someone who had a lot of symptoms including fainting (to the extent that I was medically forbidden to drive), I don't think it's that big a deal.

Well, the US does have the highest maternal mortality rate of first world countries. Or one of the highest at any rate.  

• Like 5

Good gravy ~having to endure Jolly Saint Sonny and Carly Norma Rae Justice Warrior Princess both in one day is a pretty lethal dose of delusion and toxic irony. 🤢

Edited by TVbitch
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

So happy I got to witness a meeting of the Carly Admiration Society, led by its founder and president...Carly.  Sweet fancy moses, I'm surprised "I make a mean brownie" wasn't included in her listing of attributes. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 12/6/2023 at 1:20 PM, tessabq said:

Watching Jeff Kober reminds me that GH has several great actors. Now, if it only had decent writers. Notice I'm not even wishing for great writers, just decent ones. Sigh.

Something more than 8th grade creative writing.

• Love 2