Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I thought the Carly /Joss convo was good. Better then Portia and Curtis demanding who Trina is allowed to see. The last part was a bit ugh when Joss was saying that her and Carly cant control how others react to their decisions.  ETA: uh no you can't but you are going to have to take it and you might not like it 

I'm glad that Cam didn't tell Trina. Making Joss do it will be a lot more painful for Joss.   #FreedCam

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

Well, after Olivia’s conversation with Drew, it’s pretty obvious that he is going to beg for Carly to try again. Why would anyone want a liar in their corner?
Joss is still selfish and stupid no matter how hard she tries to spin that she’s not. Cam is a good guy. Too good. Joss doesn’t deserve his silence on why they broke up. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9

Spencer:: "I kept my mouth shut for once."...'I'd be embarrassed to break up with Cam.."

Martin: "I may have been born yesterday but i stayed up all night."  Laura: "Please tell me that you're not going to use a pregnant girl who has traumatic memory loss as leverage."  Martin: "A little?"

Renee: "It depends on where you're standing. Or kneeling." 

Anna; I thought you were more than a cataphile." Valentin:" And I do everything she says"...."You've ever been more beautiful than when you punched Renee in the mouth.":   The credits say this was written by Ashley Cook, who is on fire (except for the Carly/Joss/Olivia scenes).

Carly drawing parallels with her warped relationship with Jason to Joss' with Dex. And hey Carly, who brought the mob into Joss' life

Olivia arguing that her relationship with Ned is the same as Carly lying to Drew is 🤢🤢🤢🤢  "Do you think it was easy for Carly to lie to you?"  Me:  YESSSSSSS!

Olivia: "I am willing to bet that you were drawn to Carly for all those traits you are grappling with now."  Someone has been reading Dr. Harville Hendrix's books on marital therapy.

Drew better be done with Carly -- it's the only consequence that Carly will have since everyone else (other than Nina who doesn't count) has forgiven her.

And finally, Wylie is 3, He should be going to bed at 7, not staying up the night with a couple of teenage boys.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I'm glad that Cam didn't tell Trina

He couldn't tell her about Dex since he promised he wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He couldn't tell her about Dex since he promised he wouldn't.  

SIGH. Cam doesn't owe Joss a damn thing. Really wish he wouldn't promised anything to her 

It will be much much more painful for Joss to have to explain to Trina's face all the details. I'm glad that it is going this way so maybe Joss will learn something. (maybe)

• LOL 2

Olivia lathering on the Carly praise - yuck. Hiding the name of an adult person’s mother because you don’t like her is NOT “protecting your family”. Sheesh.

Can’t wait to hear Trina’s opinion of Spencer’s idea to get custody of his yet unborn half-sibling.

Glad Valentin and Anna didn’t fall for the cataphile’s plans. I hope Lucy’s presence will liven things up because A&V scenes have been a snoozefest.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
8 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Can’t wait to hear Trina’s opinion of Spencer’s idea to get custody of his yet unborn half-sibling.

Also Trina's opinion of Joss and Dex, I don't think she will be as praiseful as Olivia. (old Trina wouldn't be anyways)

• Like 4

Show, am I supposed to feel sorry for Joss? That would be a big fat no. 

Ugh, the idiot child. I hate everything about him.

It was very considerate of Victor to give Lucy a change of clothes to be held captive in. Hee.

Is that the same nuCharlotte?

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew better be done with Carly -- it's the only consequence that Carly will have since everyone else (other than Nina who doesn't count) has forgiven her.

He'll sternly tell her to never lie to him again, which of course won't happen, but Drewfus is stuck with her. Who else can they pair him with? Any woman remotely his age is already paired up, and I don't want to see him with, say, Maxie.

23 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Olivia lathering on the Carly praise - yuck. Hiding the name of an adult person’s mother because you don’t like her is NOT “protecting your family”. Sheesh.

It sure isn't. Olivia basically handwaved Carly's lying as no big deal because it was for the purest of motives. WTF? And Olivia, Carly was not "at war with herself" with that lie. She proudly kept it, and she would have kept it forever had Willow not gotten sick. She said it herself. More than once!

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia basically handwaved Carly's lying as no big deal because it was for the purest of motives.

It's embarrassing the way they've turned Olivia into Carly's #1 cheerleader (outside of Joss, who's just Carly's clone, so of course).  She (Olivia) will defend Carly over her own husband--that's just fucked up. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

The Carly praising Joss and Olivia praising Carly made me nauseous, but Anna being a boss almost made up for it.  Never underestimate Anna Devane.

Has Lucy been tied up with a gag in her mouth all of these weeks?

• Like 10

A day behind again, but really I don't think Sonny would kill Dex over Joss. He very well may fire him, but not kill him. And, then did Joss seriously threaten to have Dex kill Cam? Because that's what it sounded like she was doing tome.  While not being a fan of Joss, this had just seemed like a typical break up when someone decides they like someone else.  Pretty standard fare.  But, then she went and did that? Wow, just wow.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

While not being a fan of Joss, this had just seemed like a typical break up when someone decides they like someone else.  Pretty standard fare.  But, then she went and did that? Wow, just wow.

That"s how I feel, the break-up isn't even near the worst thing Joss has ever done to Cam since the Jason/Franco ultimatum to the Dex threat and many other things inbetween. Finally #FreedCam.

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Like 5

I actually was just thinkingof something that I think would have been super funny.

OK, so I don't think Sonny would kill Dex and I don't think Dex would kill Cam. I do think Joss believes this because she has a pretty strong sense of self-importance.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for Cam to think Sonny wouldn't kill Dex, but to think that Dex might kill him.  He doesn' tknow him at all after all.

So, I think it would have been funny if when Joss said that about letting Dex know that Cam was going to tattle, if he had pulled out his phone right then and there and called Sonny and told him AND told him that Joss said that Dex was going to kill him to make sure he didn't tell so if he could prevent that, great.

And, of course, Joss is standing there listening to this.  Dex is with Sonny. Cam leaves. Joss just has her stupid Joss look on.  And Sonny does his whole "I'm disappointed in you" yelly thing with Dex.  Dex finds out that Joss pretty much expected him to kill Cam over this, realizes what buckets of crazy the entire family is and blows town.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I forgot to record the episode. Someone is looking out for me!

Oh No! One of the best things about this forum for me is reading your take on the episodes and  comments!

Get Thee to the app or on Demand!!

Good Grief, Olivia-just STFU!! Has she recently confessed she now regrets keeping Dante a secret from Mooby? That was the only thing I like about her.

And some more delusional memories from the SHEBEAST. She and Jason boinked a few times before HE CUT HER OFF AND ENDED IT. He fell in love with Robin. She was just someone he tried to keep out of trouble and I will never understand why he thought of her as a friend after she screwed him over.

For a LOT of those years, he tolerated her and would siiiigh over her fuck ups.

But sure, tell your clone that you had the same kind of relationship* with Jason like she’s currently having with Dex. 

*The hard turn about “repressed” feewings from last summer was a BULLSHIT RETCON.

Aa far as I’m concerned, ROBIN was the love of his brain damaged life. She’s the ONLY one he left da bidnez for before he was sucked back in.

I was typing in my head how I couldn’t believe how STOOPID Anna has become and that even 5 years ago, she wouldn’t be caught so easily. Good one, Show. I wuz fooled! 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Also Trina's opinion of Joss and Dex, I don't think she will be as praiseful as Olivia. (old Trina wouldn't be anyways)

Given how everything comes up roses for Josslyn, I will expect it just to turn into a bonding moment for Josslyn and Trina because Trina was also with a boring nice guy recently and couldn't stop thinking about Spencer. Then Trina will be encouraging Cameron to get over himself and forgive. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 3

What relationship does Carly think she had with Jason? She had anonymous sex with him and then pined over him for 25 years. They never had an established relationship and she wasn’t out in mob danger because of him. It’s like she conflated her relationship with Sonny and Jason or the show completely rewrote history 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
36 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Then Trina will be encouraging Cameron to get over himself and forgive. 

Original Trina was a very good friend to Cam and had a fiesty personality who I think would give Joss some feedback on how she treats friends and for bringing her mob boyfriend into their shared dormroom for sex. NuTrina has lost that spunk, but I hope she can regain some of it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good Grief, Olivia-just STFU!! Has she recently confessed she now regrets keeping Dante a secret from Mooby? That was the only thing I like about her.

She did a long time ago and most recently when Sonny died. She was full on mob gf when they dated wanting to be in on everything only to claim to hate once she got pregnant with Julian’s kid. She’s been trash for awhile and idk why she’s encouraging Drew to make up with Carly when she herself acts like Ned is the worst person on the planet. I haven’t seen a single reason that she’s still with him other than wanting a full time father for Leo 

• Applause 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

What relationship does Carly think she had with Jason? She had anonymous sex with him and then pined over him for 25 years. They never had an established relationship and she wasn’t out in mob danger because of him. It’s like she conflated her relationship with Sonny and Jason or the show completely rewrote history 

She’s built up this “best friends” ever since Laura took over the role. And treated Jason (and to a lesser extent Jax) as her personal property. I would 🤣🤣🤣🤣 whenever she would tell Jason “I love you” and would half-heartedly say some semblance of it back. 

I LOVE that (at the time) Elizabeth was the only one to have his baby-something she would never have. And then Sam, of course. And the one time he yelled at has to STFU about Elizabeth. ALL the relationships* he had that included an emotional component, were with Robin, Elizabeth, and Sam.

The one with SWSNBN was so forced and put into place just to ruin AJ, so I don’t count that.

And for all his blink-blink wooden performances, Burton would always step up in scenes with Kimberly. I literally would see his eyes sparkle and light up!

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She did a long time ago and most recently when Sonny died. She was full on mob gf when they dated wanting to be in on everything only to claim to hate once she got pregnant with Julian’s kid. She’s been trash for awhile and idk why she’s encouraging Drew to make up with Carly when she herself acts like Ned is the worst person on the planet. I haven’t seen a single reason that she’s still with him other than wanting a full time father for Leo 

Olivia can just take SEVERAL SEATS. Because clearly, both she and this iteration of Drew have forgotten how Cujo dropped Drew like a hot potato and acted like he was shit she had to scrape off her shoe when Burton returned as Jason. Why he…oh never mind. I’ll just give myself a migraine by typing how STOOPID this  coupling is. And no doubt he’ll forgive her lying ASS because he was fantasizing about her when he was with Wiley today.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She’s been trash for awhile and idk why she’s encouraging Drew to make up with Carly when she herself acts like Ned is the worst person on the planet.

She thinks less of Ned than she does of Carly.  She's basically Carly's 'yes woman,' which was a spot filled by Bobbie a good part of the last couple decades but now Jackie Zeman only gets hauled out once a quarter so Olivia has been assigned that duty.

The Carly/Joss scenes had me rolling my eyes.  They really do have that whole "heavy is the head that wears the crown" martyrdom down pat. 

• Applause 9

I watched Monday-Today on Hulu tonight.  I decided to free myself from Carly and ff every single time I see her face.  I loved Mon and Tuesday, but today she was back.  I got thru today's show in record time, because I ff the whole Carly/Joss conversation, AND the Drewfus Olivia conversation.  There was no way I was missing my Sprina, and I loved the rest of today.  I loved Anna and Valentine, and Laura and Martin.  I can see that tomorrow is going to be a mostly ff day.  But honestly, once I made the decision to free myself, I am enjoying watching again.  I mean, I have Hulu, it's an easy-peasy ff, wtf was I doing to myself suffering thru that shit?   No more.  

The challenge will come when Nina has scenes with Cujo.  I just adore Cynthia and her amazing portrayal of such a complex character, who is really on the edge mental health wise.  I think at that point, I will watch, but as soon as Cujo gets anyone to gang up on Nina, I will ff that too.  Willow is another one on my ff list.  It feels great!  I love so much, like Liz, Sante, obviously Sprina, Cam, etc.  

• Like 6
  • Love 4
Just now, RedElf said:

They mentioned that Sam feels good in her relationship with Dante, so expect Lulu to wake up soon.

I wouldn't mind that actually.  I love both Sam and Dante, and I really liked original recipe Lulu.  It could be a good story!

• Like 1
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

I loved that.  Those two are fast becoming my favorite ~couple.

Me too!  I really look forward to their scenes together.  And two really good actors, they just play off each other so great.  They either make me laugh, or they have very touching scenes.  Always a good watch. 

• Like 7

Well thank God Joss did not have to endure painful self reflection for more than a couple minutes before OG Narcissist Carly showed up to tell her she isn't responsible for how others react to her decisions! 

I must admit I was a bit judgy on Spencer and Trina's cutesy flirting about how they just HAVE to keep pretending to be a couple cuz the hook's still out there, tee hee. Rory and Britt are barely cold, you two!  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Martin: "I may have been born yesterday but i stayed up all night."

I loved that line!  The Paris stuff didn’t seem so out of place today since people in PC were actually talking about it.  For the past few episodes it’s just been thrown in randomly and it was weird.

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

I thought the Carly /Joss convo was good.

Me too.  Pretty much the only time I can stand Carly these days is when she’s in mom mode with Joss.  She’s supportive and not judgey.  So unlike all her other interactions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ALL the relationships* he had that included an emotional component, were with Robin, Elizabeth, and Sam.

Sigh.  Twenty something year old me still remembers the Elizabeth and Jason days.  I so wanted them to get together.  Robin was too much of saint in those days, it kind of annoyed me.  Elizabeth was real.  I was so happy she had his kid and not Carly.

Carly and Jason were fuck buddies in his mind and besties in her mind.  However I still remember Jason walking into that penthouse after she slept with Sonny for the first time and I remember the look on his face.  This was back when Steve still gave a shit.  He was betrayed.  I felt horrible for him.  I always kind of respected that he completely cut her off romantically after that, and never looked back (until whatever the fuck that nonsense was during Nixon Falls bullshit).

One more thing about Joss…she looked so pretty without the makeup caked on.  I’d like to say if was a twenty something with that perfect skin I would never wear makeup, but I know I also wore way too much at that age.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

How long has Lucy been hanging there? How did she eat and use the bathroom? How often could she shower and put on clean clothes? Yuck. 

My guess is that she was recently put there to lure Val and Anna into the trap Val’s friend had set for them

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I watched Monday-Today on Hulu tonight.  I decided to free myself from Carly and ff every single time I see her face.  I loved Mon and Tuesday, but today she was back.  I got thru today's show in record time, because I ff the whole Carly/Joss conversation, AND the Drewfus Olivia conversation.  There was no way I was missing my Sprina, and I loved the rest of today.  I loved Anna and Valentine, and Laura and Martin.  I can see that tomorrow is going to be a mostly ff day.  But honestly, once I made the decision to free myself, I am enjoying watching again.  I mean, I have Hulu, it's an easy-peasy ff, wtf was I doing to myself suffering thru that shit?   No more.  

The challenge will come when Nina has scenes with Cujo.  I just adore Cynthia and her amazing portrayal of such a complex character, who is really on the edge mental health wise.  I think at that point, I will watch, but as soon as Cujo gets anyone to gang up on Nina, I will ff that too.  Willow is another one on my ff list.  It feels great!  I love so much, like Liz, Sante, obviously Sprina, Cam, etc.  

I’m not watching right now, but I’m happy you discovered the beauty of the FF! 🤣

If I was watching, I wouldn’t be able to watch without it! I was already muting and/or FFing every character I hated (Joss, Dex, Mildew, Carly, Drewfus, Olivia, Portia, Curtis, and others) when I was watching!

After last week’s disappointment, I decided to take a break and have been relying on YT to watch the scenes of the characters I care about like Sprina, Cam, Austin, etc. But, yes, I highly recommend the FF of those characters frustrate more than entertain! 

• Like 2

People keep mentioning that Drew should know how much a lying liar Carly is because of Jason's memories, but why am I remembering some scene where OG Drew had either gotten the memories removed (around the time Franco had the Drew memories removed) or altered (by Kevin maybe?) so that he could live his life without his brother's memories. Did I make that up in my head?

• Like 1

When Dex asked Sonny if there was anything he could do to help Willow, I thought Sonny might ask him to get tested as a donor. Then Dex finds out he is a match and Nina's son, Nina had triplets!!!! and Joss is in love with the hated Nina spawn !!!  I mean there has to be some reason that Dex is in PC and obviously the writers haven't figured it out yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if it went this way .😆

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, RedElf said:

Spencer is such a Cam fanboy. "I would be embarrassed to break up with Cam."

I think that was an ad lib because the expression on William's face, like he wanted to laugh but had to stay in character.  They are great friends in real life, so I'm sure some of that comes out onscreen

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I mean there has to be some reason that Dex is in PC and obviously the writers haven't figured it out yet,

I seem to recall earlier how Dex said something about wanting to take Mooby down for his own personal reasons-not because the SLS was paying him to make it happen. But with the way Show keeps retconning shit on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot about that, or dropped it altogether for something else.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

When Dex asked Sonny if there was anything he could do to help Willow, I thought Sonny might ask him to get tested as a donor. Then Dex finds out he is a match and Nina's son, Nina had triplets!!!!

Make it a running joke until Nina is the original octomom!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9

When Dex asked Sonny if there was anything he could do to help Willow, I thought Sonny might ask him to get tested as a donor. Then Dex finds out he is a match and Nina's son, Nina had triplets!!!! and Joss is in love with the hated Nina spawn !!!  

That would be classically soapy, so it won't happen. 

But I'd love it if it did. 

• Like 5

@perkie1968 - As I recall, Drew only has Jason’s memories and his own since resurfacing as “Jason.” I don’t think Jason’s memories were never removed from him IIRC. His own memories were destroyed somehow I think. 

But that story was very convoluted and hasn’t been revisited in a while so maybe I’m wrong! 

Edited by lala2
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She’s built up this “best friends” ever since Laura took over the role.

No—that was well established in the TB years, if not at the end of the SJB era. LW's Carly might have thrown around "we're BFFs!" more, but Carly always thought of Jason that way.

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
12 hours ago, RedElf said:

Spencer is such a Cam fanboy. "I would be embarrassed to break up with Cam."

I loved that.  Those two are fast becoming my favorite ~couple.

Here's hoping Spencer never treats Cam the way Nik has treated Elizabeth.

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

So I notice Wylie’s picture made the opening credits. Is this is the first time?

So glad I wasn't paying attention to the opening credits. Toddlers don't need to be there.

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I must admit I was a bit judgy on Spencer and Trina's cutesy flirting about how they just HAVE to keep pretending to be a couple cuz the hook's still out there, tee hee. Rory and Britt are barely cold, you two!  

Yeah, that was a bit much. They could have least put a tiny bit of guilt/regret into it. Also, the Hooker is a murderer, so maybe don't be quite so breezy about it, huh?

12 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Pretty much the only time I can stand Carly these days is when she’s in mom mode with Joss.  She’s supportive and not judgey.

I like how LW dials things back when Carly is in mom mode, but I do wish the writing had her being a little harder on Joss's decisions. A mob lackey isn't the greatest choice for a love interest. But the show desperately wants to have its parallels, however dumb and inaccurate.

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I like how LW dials things back when Carly is in mom mode, but I do wish the writing had her being a little harder on Joss's decisions

I think the tone was about right considering Carly's own history. Now what we need is Joss's father to weigh in. I am sure Jax won't be happy.

.....unless Jax is the one behind Dex trying to bring down Sonny. So many theories about Dex 🤣   Mayde Dex is Jax and Brenda's kid (has someone already suggested that?)