Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

With the characters referring to Heather's last name - was she married to Jeff?  I guess she can't be related because she has Steven Lars with Jeff?  

Yes. She was married to Jeff.  After he was married to Monica.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

paused the scene where the Hooker was approaching Nik and that was definitely a man under the robe. There was a clear view of a square-jawed, masculine looking chin. It actually looked like Dex to me, but he was otherwise engaged, so I’m still guessing Rory.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. When they possibly show the face by accident, they may have just been using a stunt double or extra in order to save money on an actor.  Especially if the show does not yet know who the killer is.  This show is famous for having murder mysteries and not deciding who the killer is until the last minute and not caring if it fits in with what has happened.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Yes. She was married to Jeff.  After he was married to Monica.

One of the best moments for an otherwise dud character was when Sarah, upon meeting Monica, asked if she was the one who was once married to her father. 

• LOL 1
On 11/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, perkie1968 said:

I'm hoping the results show that he's Taub's.  but I'm guessing he will be Mac's son but he'll lie so he can get his hands on the necklace. 

He will be Mac's son, lie about it for the necklace, and eventually need bone marrow or a kidney, or something, and it will all come out.  Hmmm.... where have I seen that before?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

No, you drop dead, Willow. Seriously, lady, it's not that far of a stretch for someone to accuse you of cheating on your partner when you've cheated before.

There really ought to be an hypocrisy meter in this town.

• Like 2
  • Applause 13
  • Love 3

Michael needs to STFU. "Michael this isn't for once about you and your endless grudge.:

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would break the instant anyone walked by, heh.

Willow: "How dare you imply that I would ever be unfaithful...Drop dead."  Because the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. Bach atcha, Willow.  How long were Michael and Willow at the hospital that they missed the oh so important Wylie bedtime.

Joss, tie your hair back if you're going to treat his cut.  Yeah, sure Willow has all sorts of extra medical stuff. I grew up in a house with two doctors and their medical kit held lots of bandages, tape, and sterilizing stuff but no suturing kits.

Dex: "I'm not going to pass out. It hurts too much."  Me: That's exactly when people pass out, dummy.

Ally Mills won me over today. It's not Robin Mattson but she's making Heather work especially in the scene with Cam.  Cameron should have said "For Franco's mother, it's on the house,"  Never hurts to get the crazies on your side.

Why didn't Dante take back up to get Heather? There a good chance that he couldn't take her in alone.

It's too bad that Victor isn't the father of Esme's baby because he would have no qualms about getting rid of the fetus.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow: "How dare you imply that I would ever be unfaithful...Drop dead." 

Wait...she actually tells Nina to drop dead?  Oh, Nina, leave the country right now and cancel your cell phone plan.  Make this asshole work for your sweet, sweet, healing bone marrow.

• Like 1
  • Fire 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Famous last words, Willow. I don't know, shouldn't Willow want as much good juju as she can with her current health situation, instead, she chooses to tell someone apologizing to her to drop dead.

And that self-righteous how dare you say that I was cheating? 

I don't know where anyone would get that notion, Willow. I'm pretty sure you led on then cheated on Chase whom you were married to. Get fucked.

I liked the Cam/Heather scenes.

Could not give a donkey's ass about Joss/Dex. Kiss, fuck, die, get it over with.

So somehow broke into Wyndemere and tried to kill Nikolas with a hook. But it wasn't Esme because she was already on the pier. This whole Hook murderer story is just dragging. Can we get a couple more murders or something? I've got a list. Michael. Willow. Or Willow. Michael. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know where anyone would get that notion, Willow. I'm pretty sure you led on then cheated on Chase whom you were married to. Get fucked.

She and Michael are allowed to judge someone and hold their past behavior over their head into the next decade, but if anyone questions/doubts them it's clutch the pearls/"how dare you!" time.  Get fucked, indeed.  They've truly made Willow a wholly unlikeable character.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 11
  • Love 6

Ava is a good get-a-grip friend, though I also like how the devil on her shoulder influences that, heh.

NGL, Heather diving into that BLT made me hungry for a BLT. Her ketchup technique needs work, though. Show some respect for the fries, lady!

Of course Dex staggers by the Q gatehouse, where Joss oh-so-conveniently is babysitting. Gee, who could have predicted that?

See how Nina knocked on the door and waited for you to say "Come in," Michael? Learn it.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow: "How dare you imply that I would ever be unfaithful...Drop dead."  Because the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Seriously. Shut up, Willow, and shut up, Michael. God, they're insufferable. And I hate how they're setting things up so Nina will feel grateful for having the honor donate her bone marrow to her ingrate of a daughter.

• Applause 9
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They've truly made Willow a wholly unlikeable character.

Her indoctrination into the Cult of Michael & Carly is now complete. 

Also, Michael, STFU. Nina wanted to speak to Willow and apologize to her because she was the wronged party. Don't you have someone else to annoy, another place to pontificate? Go away, puff fish.

• Applause 9
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wait...she actually tells Nina to drop dead?  Oh, Nina, leave the country right now and cancel your cell phone plan.  Make this asshole work for your sweet, sweet, healing bone marrow.

I'm torn between wanting those two idiots to beg for Nina's bone marrow when the truth comes out or having Nina killing them with kindness. 

One example: say Nina is tested before the truth comes out and finds out she is a match, she immediately does it for Wiley's sake so he doesn't lose another mother.  When the truth comes out, while Nina is furious, but she does the opposite of hypocritical trio did: she puts her grandchildren first and says that they need both of their grandmothers in their lives and is completely civil with Carly, Michael and Willow, tells Willow about her newfound family history (Silas, Nathan, Madeleine, etc.) if Willow asks, but decides not to have a mother/daughter relationship with Willow and chooses to not waste time and dote on her grandchildren instead.

I know it isn't what people may want to see, but it will drive the hypocritical trio nuts!  

Nina might realize that would be the perfect revenge.

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ally Mills won me over today. It's not Robin Mattson but she's making Heather work especially in the scene with Cam.  Cameron should have said "For Franco's mother, it's on the house,"  Never hurts to get the crazies on your side.

Also, never give a steak knife to a crazy lady Cam.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This whole Hook murderer story is just dragging. Can we get a couple more murders or something?

Funny, I really don't care about the Hook anymore since he/she is so inept. Can only kill one of the few characters most viewers don't give two hoots about one way or the other.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

I'm torn between wanting those two idiots to beg for Nina's bone marrow when the truth comes out or having Nina killing them with kindness. 

Sweet summer child. Even if Nina takes the high road and decides to use kindness, those two assholes will be all about how Nina has an agenda, can't be trusted. What a manipulative bitch for going through the bone marrow procedure. That Nina, she sure is trying to worm her way back into Wylie's life. How dare she want a relationship with her only connection to her blood.

I don't write the scripts, so you know . . .

18 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Funny, I really don't care about the Hook anymore since he/she is so inept. Can only kill one of the few characters most reviewers don't give two hoots about one way or the other.

Does anyone? I might care more if they were actually succeeding in killing bigger fish than Brando and 4 episodes Oz Haggerty. Take a run at Michael and end him, then we'll talk.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

I'd like to see Willow and Michael go to an open test for bone marrow for Willow because no one they've asked is a match, and Ava talk Nina  into not getting tested because they've been so awful to her.

Then, as Willow is slowly dying, Carly is put into the position of revealing that Nina is Willow's mother or watch Michael become a widower once again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 11

Jordan is the worst cop ever. Heather Webber is on the loose, but she sends every available unit to find Esme, who is only suspected of being the Hook!?!?! ( Technically, she's accused of Oz Haggerty's drugging and the sex tape, but Heather has killed a whole bunch of folks)

Since they insist on writing Michael/ Willow as the truest wuv evah, this story has no drama. She keeps a huge secret and Michael's fine ... The appearance of a TJ affair ... Nothing. 

Once the marrow/ maternity secret is revealed, Willow should be furious at Carly, she should want Carly out of her life, out of Wiley's, but you know Carly won't face any repercussions from Michael for keeping this secret.  Huge opportunity for drama, and they won't do it. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 11

I don't understand how we're supposed to be on Michael and Willow's side. They are such assholes to Nina no matter how hard she tries to follow their rules. They're smug, sanctimonious, hypocritical, and  completely unreasonable. I'm supposed to root for them? NO.

Willow and her fetus can die, as painfully as possible.

• Like 1
  • Applause 12
  • Love 5

William, Dominic and Alley were brilliant today.  AM was working it  as Heather for the first time, and the kindness that both Cam and Dante showed Heather was well played by both actors.  

My first thought with Joss/Dex was how on earth would Dex know that Joss was at Millow's when she had been tasked to babysit Wylie at the last minute.  then it occured to me that Dex is undercover working with Michael, and that's probably why he showed up there.  

I despise MIchael/CD but I did laugh at CD's line read of "why is there a chair in the middle of the living room".  It was a plot point but he put enough confusion in his voice to make it work for me.

Second best line read/expresion goes to CS, when Victor comes back in to tell Ava that Esme has been spotted, in town.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

hen it occured to me that Dex is undercover working with Michael, and that's probably why he showed up there.  

I don't know why Dex couldn't have just called Sonny, he was working for Sonny at the time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Once the marrow/ maternity secret is revealed, Willow should be furious at Carly, she should want Carly out of her life, out of Wiley's, but you know Carly won't face any repercussions from Michael for keeping this secret.  Huge opportunity for drama, and they won't do it. 

Carly will explain that Willow said she didn't want to know, but had it been someone ~worthy, of course she would've told her, but since it was Nina--and Nina is the devil--it was for all their goods.  Willow will get that expression like she's got a gas pain, shake her head and say "no, no...you're right.  Thank you, Carly."  To quote the doormat herself, drop dead.

I know Jordan's a shitty cop, but my god, do all the nurses at GH have to be complete assholes?  Nice bedside manner, Deanna. 

So, let me get this straight: Joss is known to be on The Hook's hooking list and yet she's all alone babysitting?  What a ridiculous contrivance.  Also, how does she know that leaf with the blood wasn't from before she oh-so-expertly stitched up Dex? 

• Applause 3
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss is known to be on The Hook's hooking list and yet she's all alone babysitting? 

AND she hears a noise outside and just opens her unlocked door and walks out to see if it is the dog, which apparently gets to run wild on the grounds out Q estate.

ETA: wait, wasn't Sonny going to put a guard on her? How did Dex make it past her guard?  

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I liked the Cam/Heather scenes.

Me too.  I haven’t really been feeling Ally Mills in this role but this was good.  I wonder if Cam will visit her once in a while like Franco did.  I liked that Dante let her keep the leftovers too.

5 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Nina is tested before the truth comes out and finds out she is a match

I have a feeling this will happen.  She will get tested for Wiley and then she’ll be a match and those two assholes (plus Carly) will get all bent out of shape about it.

Bonus if maybe Nina gets tested on her own and it turns out she’s a match Drew will rub his two remaining brain cells together and starts to realize hmm, that’s kinda weird……

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So somehow broke into Wyndemere and tried to kill Nikolas with a hook. But it wasn't Esme because she was already on the pier. This whole Hook murderer story is just dragging. Can we get a couple more murders or something? I've got a list. Michael. Willow. Or Willow. Michael. 

I guess I wasn’t fully paying attention yesterday because I had assumed the attacker was Esme; it certainly seemed clear to me at the time that it was her, but that may be due to not fully paying attention and assuming it was her. If the person was a stand-in for whoever they decide the Hook will be eventually, the person is pretty short

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Blackie said:

I don't know why Dex couldn't have just called Sonny, he was working for Sonny at the time.

On Wednsday we saw Dex try to call Sonny and not get through, so he took off through the woods on foot.  I guess he figured going to Michael's made sense even though ir clearly doesn't.  Michael would not have been amused at Dex side job of helping Anna escape.  

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Nice bedside manner, Deanna.

She was being unecessarily bitchy, considering Liz had been "attacked" and they were trying to find Esme.  And Liz barely had a bump on the noggin.  

8 hours ago, Blackie said:

AND she hears a noise outside and just opens her unlocked door and walks out

Actually, she said she was going to dump Dex' bloody clothes somewhere but when she came back she had to make an excuse to Millow, so told them she was checking on the dog.  

Also, the 'she's the target' story is only used/mentioned when Trina is in the vicinity.  When they're building the Joss/Dex love story, it is forgotten for contrivance purposes.  

7 hours ago, DanaK said:

was Esme; it certainly seemed clear to me at the time that it was her,

I assumed it was her.  Why she would take the time to hook NIk when she should be running far far away doesn't make sense.  But I figured she would teach him a lesson by hooking him and making it look like it was the hooker.  The fact that she grabbed the hook from the Windemere boathouse also makes it look that way, to me.  

I also found it strange that Heather could have been halfway to Canada but stopped off for a BLT first.  I get that it's a running gag (Allan gave me this house) but it's not realistic, no matter how cray cray Heather is,  AM was playing it that she didn't want to run and that Heather was perfectly happy with Dante bringing her back to Darkham.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Man, Joss and Dex have real sexual chem.  It really highlights that Joss and Cam do not.  I think this is the right move from the writers.  But I also want someone for Cam now.  I love Cam.  

Emma's name was dropped in Cam's scenes with Heather. Heather called her a sweet girl and Cam said she's still sweet, but she's not a girl anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I also found it strange that Heather could have been halfway to Canada but stopped off for a BLT first.  I get that it's a running gag (Allan gave me this house) but it's not realistic, no matter how cray cray Heather is,  AM was playing it that she didn't want to run and that Heather was perfectly happy with Dante bringing her back to Darkham.  

Totally. In her talk with Anna in the van, Heather made it so clear that she was very happy being institutionalized. Sometimes when people have been "away" for so long, the prospect of life "on the outside" terrifies them. That's why most of Heather's conversations deal with events that happened over 40 years ago. Life was so much more manageable for her back then.

Also, and this may be a matter of personal preference, but who the heck puts ketchup on a BLT??? For me it's Miracle Whip all the way!!!! Ketchup is for the fries, along with a nice salt-and-pepper mix. Slaw and lots of pickles on the side are must-haves.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Man, Joss and Dex have real sexual chem.  It really highlights that Joss and Cam do not.  I think this is the right move from the writers.  But I also want someone for Cam now.  

Spencer. Problem solved. 

Kidding. Sort of. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Also, and this may be a matter of personal preference, but who the heck puts ketchup on a BLT???

I thought the ketchup was just for the fries.  But I did like the callback to her love of BLTs and those scenes were really well done by WL, AM, and DZ.  

What a crazy coincidence that Dex has always wanted to learn to surf and Joss is a pro at it since childhood.  They are Meant2Be!  Also, yes, bring back Emma for Cam!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Given Cam is her step-grandson (technically ex I suppose), she may have stopped in to see him. I don't recall if she indicated such in the scenes. And what is the running gag with the BLT? I too got the impression that Heather didn't really want to run, though I was really surprised the writers had Dante handle her so delicately. Is he related to her?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Given Cam is her step-grandson (technically ex I suppose), she may have stopped in to see him. I don't recall if she indicated such in the scenes. And what is the running gag with the BLT? I too got the impression that Heather didn't really want to run, though I was really surprised the writers had Dante handle her so delicately. Is he related to her?

I don't remember how it started, just that back in the day everyone used to rave about Kelly’s BLTs. (Hence the title of the UO thread.)

Dante isn't related to Heather at all. He must have de-escalation training because we know he isn't opposed to shoving a suspect once in awhile. It doesn't hurt that he's one of the few genuinely good guys in PC. He wouldn't have manhandled Franco's mother in front of Cam.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I doubt she knew he worked there. I think she went to Kelly's to satisfy her craving.

And about Dante, he had no reason to treat Heather badly. She was sitting there eating. She dropped the knife when she was told to do it. Heather is often played for laugh, but she does have mental issues, and I thought the way Dom and Alley Mills played the scene was genuinely sweet. Dante knows Heather is sick and he treated her with humanity as opposed to going in and shooting at her or shooting her in the back because he saw the knife in her hands then asking questions. He deescalated the situation which is what cops should do in the first place. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Love 13

Emma's name was dropped in Cam's scenes with Heather. Heather called her a sweet girl and Cam said she's still sweet, but she's not a girl anymore.

Didn't Cam visit Stanford? Maybe he and Emma saw each other and had a make out session. It never went further than that because Cam found Stanford's facilities lacking in comparison to the academic powerhouse and world-class institution that is Port Charles University. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I doubt she knew he worked there. I think she went to Kelly's to satisfy her craving.

And about Dante, he had no reason to treat Heather badly. She was sitting there eating. She dropped the knife when she was told to do it. Heather is often played for laugh, but she does have mental issues, and I thought the way Dom and Alley Mills played the scene was genuinely sweet. Dante knows Heather is sick and he treated her with humanity as opposed to going in and shooting at her or shooting her in the back because he saw the knife in her hands then asking questions. He deescalated the situation which is what cops should do in the first place. 

I love this post, and you are 100% right.  And I thought the way Dante treated her was touching. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Joss told her mother that she was out with friends but she was really babysitting Wylie. Does she think that Carly isn't going to talk to Michael?

And there is MB's son again?

Who in wardrobe hates Laura? That is a terrible outfit.

Trina, when you're visiting someone in a dangerous prison, maybe don't zip down your sweater till they can see your bra.

Britt/Austin is one of better friendships on the show. A better ship than Britt/Cody or Austin/Maxie.

I'm impressed that Austin knows when the new Beaujolais comes out.

I guess Britt leaves to get treated for HD and Kelly T. is gone.

"Safeguarding my family is in line with biblical principles." Who knew Cyrus could be so much fun?

The Marshall thinks that Valentin is going to break? 😁😁😁 

Again, why hasn't Laura fired Ashby yet?

• Love 11

Oh, I love Sprina!! I love the way they both smiled when they saw each other! Let’s get this pairing together already! I’m tired of waiting (even though I haven’t actually been watching lately)! 😂

Austin and Britt would be so good together. Loved their scenes. I don’t hate Mastin as much as others - I thought they had chemistry in the beginning but they weren’t shown for months so it never really developed - but RoHo and KT really work well together. I like their chemistry and think it should be explored. Is KT leaving leaving? Does anyone know for sure? 

Vanna was cute. I really only paid attn at the end and the very beginning. They have good chemistry.

Sonny was good today. I like his interactions with Jordan. 

Whenever I see Jeff Kober, I just see Rick from The Walking Dead biting out his throat! Haha! Great episode if you’ve never seen it. I only unmuted the jail stuff when Cyrus showed up. Loved his scenes with Laura! 

Josslyn - automatic mute for me though I caught her bed bug lie and her refusal to let Dex call Sonny. She is never not obnoxious!! Poor Cameron. Hope he wakes up soon and realizes she’s not worth it! 

Edited by lala2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

KT leaving leaving? Does anyone know for sure? 

Leaving leaving. There was at least one article that said the actress is going back to ABC's Station 19 series

• Sad 3

LOL that Jordan has no idea that Laura is back.

"Voice mail; it didn't even ring." "We're pretty remote out here/there's no reception." Once again we see Sonny as technologically incompetent. I'm not sure that's what the show is going for, heh.

Wasn't Adam (aka MB's son) a douche to Joss and Cam when the sex tape showed up?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't Adam (aka MB's son) a douche to Joss and Cam when the sex tape showed up?

At first.  He hit on Joss at Charlie's, saying something about could he take a turn since she was so 'loose,' or words to that effect.  Then, a month or so later, he ran into her at the MC pool and apologized.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Who in wardrobe hates Laura? That is a terrible outfit.

She’s one they always dress frumpy for some reason.  Her hair looked bad too.  Very flat.  Her skin is amazing though.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Britt/Austin is one of better friendships on the show.

Yeah that was nice.  I’d like to see them develop into something if Britt was staying but as it is I’ll settle for the friendship.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss's RA was really aggressive knocking on her door. I get it was for dramz sake, but sheesh. Dial it back, lady. I half expected her to use a passkey to open the door and find Dex in bed. Which shouldn't be a big deal anyway.

dubbel zout, dubbel zout, double zout! You're forgetting what century this show is set in! Of COURSE it would be a big deal! Haven't you been paying attention?!

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss's RA was really aggressive knocking on her door. I get it was for dramz sake, but sheesh. Dial it back, lady. I half expected her to use a passkey to open the door and find Dex in bed. Which shouldn't be a big deal anyway.

dubbel zout, dubbel zout, double zout! You're forgetting what century this show is set in! Of COURSE it would be a big deal! Haven't you been paying attention?!

I mean it probably would be a big deal seeing as he looks half dead, sweating and out of his mind since that stitch job is most definitely infected.  But that RA definitely needed to calm down.  I thought she was going to break down the door or something.

• Like 3