Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I didn't mind the Carly and Joss scenes overall. Zen Carly is kind of funny.

I don't mind Carly being zen but I wish that she could do it without hypocrisy. She should have told Carly that in a relationship you don't have to tell your partner  Bonus if she had told Joss that her relationships with both Jason and Sonny required her not to ask questions about what they're keeping from her. Time to stop enabling Joss and Michael.

But Carly only tells the story where she's the best.

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was Shemar Moore's character on Criminal Minds. He called their IT person, Garcia, by that godawful name.

Ugh, don't remind me. Ship baiting for years and in the end, the geeky IT girl wasn'tgood enough for the cool hero.

• Love 4

The decision to put Sam in colours and dresses is a good one. She looks so lovely.  esp with her hair like that.

For god sakes Spinelli. just say "A: none of your business, or B: I run a dating service." NO ONE CARES

Sasha is still looking - not there. and I know this is where i should feel sorry for her, but it is just going through my head, had she simply went to her doctor's appointment this break might not have happened.  (or maybe it would have, but then you know, you could have her doctor attest to her mental state of mind). Also I'm tired of intrepid reporter.

Sasha: I was standing up for myself, and I'd do it again. So  - you know having a restraining order, or simply having an interview where you just make this dipstick feel small didn't come to mind Smashing his car was your first move?  Also. Sasha - Sienna didn't pin you down, and shoved drugs down your throat. You wanted it. you asked it. you took them. Own it. 

Gladys calling Sasha "Our girl" was  awesome though. Again. "Ride + Die" is Gladys. like this Gladys.

Tired of Bearded Wonder . 

Okay. this is so tiring. Chase - you don't have to be a Cop or Musician. work for Super Spy Anna. 

Lucy doesn't seem happy with this situation. but now I want her gummy bears. if her plan is "we need to fire Sasha." I agree with that assessment. Actually Lucy should have just said. she clearly mentally can't handle being a spokesperson. 

so far this is a bad Friday episode (i know they are behind a bit but still)

Papa Chase speaks truth. Alexis picks and choses what stories to report. Nina's story "newsworthy" Sasha "not newsworthy" ahuh. 

Col Tad wants to invoke a conservership on Sasha. interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m just catching up on the week and let me just say….Mac and Felicia are a HOT couple!!  Mr. and Mrs. Silver Fox indeed!

I love how Spencer was like obviously I didn’t believe Trina could do this I’m not an idiot. Cue Nikolas looking like, well, an idiot.

One moment Willow is like I’m a nurse now I know what these tests can mean and then the next moment she’s asking TJ if he thinks it’s anything serious. Umm, I thought you were a nurse and know it can indeed be serious??  Ugh. I don’t care. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Martin, I had such hopes for you. Why aren't you insisting on a psych evaluation of Sasha before she goes before a judge?  The psychiatric hospital here has a forensic wing just for that purpose. And it's not up to Sasha to agree.

A conservatorship against Sasha's wishes will destroy her marriage.

Lucy, you don't have to get a new Face of Deception. Just get a bunch of anonymous people for a while.

I really like Sam's dress. Getting away from Jason has done wonders for her fashion sense. Her PI sense however are still negligible that she can't figure out that Spinelli doesn't like Cody.

Cody, you're a creep and Britt with all her background is still too good for you. And you did deserve to get beat up.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Papa Chase speaks truth. Alexis picks and choses what stories to report. Nina's story "newsworthy" Sasha "not newsworthy" ahuh. 

As Alexis said, the story is still forming. At this point, the only fact is that Sasha was arrested for smashing Creep's car and it would do Sasha a lot of harm. And also as she said, Smoltz is not trustworthy

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

As Alexis said, the story is still forming. At this point, the only fact is that Sasha was arrested for smashing Creep's car and it would do Sasha a lot of harm. And also as she said, Smoltz is not trustworthy

She's running a website. You post what can be confirmed—Sasha went after Smoltz's car windshield with a sign—and you update it as you learn more. It's not as if she has to yell "Stop the presses" and the layout guys have to reset the page.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I disagree. when she was laying out the facts, that's the story. like she didn't have to be like "Model trashes Reporter's car, news at 11" but she could take the facts that she shows, and have it spun in why mental health is important. as the Deception team showed, people are already being keyboard warriors about it, so having the Invader write how  - while the actions weren't right - mental health issues are at play an do a series on how to see signs etc, and how it's not something to mock or belittle and show empathy. 

Just now, dubbel zout said:

She's running a website. You post what can be confirmed—Sasha went after Smoltz's car windshield with a sign—and you update it as you learn more. It's not as if she has to yell "Stop the presses" and the layout guys have to reset the page.

or that. 

i mean at the end of the day - it's not her job to "protect Sasha" it's her job to report the news. this is news.  like i sai when it was about trashing Nina, she was like, oh, okay! and didn't really care about finding out Nina's side of the story or what prompted her to do what she did in NF at all, just "how dare Nina have any rights for being a big mean meanie."

but now it's "Oh this will hurt sasha".

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Martin, I had such hopes for you. Why aren't you insisting on a psych evaluation of Sasha before she goes before a judge?

i wanna say they said something about it, but also i wasn't playing attention.  but i think the point they are making is that even if they did this because Sasha wasn't even complying with it without the Sword of Damocles hanging over her head - if Brando has the guardianship, he can ensure that Sasha goes and she is 100 percent out of jail. 

• Love 3

I don’t know, I kind of sided with Alexis. It’s one of her reporters and she knows he’s sleazy. Say she had written a big story about this and then it comes out why Sasha attacked him. It’ll just make it look like the Invader is harassing people for content. Paparazzi goading celebrities into lashing out or attacking them so they had pics and videos to sell was a commonplace thing not too long ago and it was gross.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She's running a website. You post what can be confirmed—Sasha went after Smoltz's car windshield with a sign—and you update it as you learn more.

It is unfortunately true especially in this age of social media that the scandal gets a lot of attention but whole story is buried on the equivalent of pg 18 under the fold. (A certain charity scandal last year was all over the news in Canada but how many people know the end finding?)

Alexis should not have published Smoltz's article but he assured her that he would present both sides of the story and didn't. I'd like to think that she's learned from that.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I disagree. when she was laying out the facts, that's the story. like she didn't have to be like "Model trashes Reporter's car, news at 11" but she could take the facts that she shows, and have it spun in why mental health is important. as the Deception team showed, people are already being keyboard warriors about it, so having the Invader write how  - while the actions weren't right - mental health issues are at play an do a series on how to see signs etc, and how it's not something to mock or belittle and show empathy.

She doesn't have any facts yet that mental health issues are involved. It would be wrong to put that in at this stage.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

if Brando has the guardianship, he can ensure that Sasha goes and she is 100 percent out of jail. 

Martin can't guarantee that she will be out of jail, it's just a strategy that he wants to try. (Frankly if I were the judge I wouldn't accept it because it wouldn't prevent Sasha from going around smashing people's cars.)

Therapy doesn't work without trust and willingness. You can force someone to attend sessions but you can't force them to do the work. In real life, the relationship between a conservator and the patient is often antagonistic with a lot of resentment. Making Brando Sasha's conservator over her wishes could destroy their relationship forever. It's yet another reason why Sasha needs to see a psychiatrist before she sees a judge.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

What a snoozy episode for a Friday. I hated Cody basically negging Britt into a date. Move that story along, please. And enough with Spinelli's "sekrit." Does anyone care?

Gladys can't ever not mention Sasha's money, can she? Just one time I'd like her to keep quiet. That said, I'm glad the show is continuing her being ride or die.

Lucy is right that Deception needs to regroup and find a new face, or at least ease out Sasha for the time being.

LOL that both Dante and the perky music producer knowing BLQ has a con going. This is another story that needs to be faster moving. 

For a while the pacing was pretty good, but it's sunk back into torpor.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I'm sorry, but I'm rolling my eyes at Alexis's reasons for not even reporting the *incident* that Sasha was involved with.  She's running the paper like a defense attorney, not a journalist.  Also, rich that she's preaching about character assassination after she allowed that hit piece on Nina to be published.

• Applause 5
  • Love 5

Martin should be arguing automatism, not conservatorship.

Automatism occurs when someone claims to have been so intoxicated or impaired that they have lost complete control of themselves.

Sasha was practically in a fugue state when they brought her in to the station,

I have to say, I think the Brando and Sasha actors are doing a good job with this. I'm feeling very sorry for him, not knowing what to do to help her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Today was a FF fest for my remote. 

I was thinking, if Jason ever comes back, I hope he runs into Sam, looks at her quizzically, and goes... "What happened to your clothes?" I would die!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lucy is right that Deception needs to regroup and find a new face, or at least ease out Sasha for the time being.

Didn’t Lucy and Maxie have Sasha sign a contract after her first overdose/attack, that if she used again, she would be out?

What? Did they keep her on because her baby died? Or did Frank, as usual, forget that plot?

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What? Did they keep her on because her baby died? Or did Frank, as usual, forget that plot?

it would probably be 1/2 of one, 6 of the other.

Chase can't pay rent, but can hang out at a paid pool all day?

I don't feel that much for Sasha, she needs help and been fighting it every direction. No rehab, no doctor appointments. She should not be face of deception, Lucy is right. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Martin, I had such hopes for you. Why aren't you insisting on a psych evaluation of Sasha before she goes before a judge?  The psychiatric hospital here has a forensic wing just for that purpose. And it's not up to Sasha to agree.

A conservatorship against Sasha's wishes will destroy her marriage.

Lucy, you don't have to get a new Face of Deception. Just get a bunch of anonymous people for a while.

I really like Sam's dress. Getting away from Jason has done wonders for her fashion sense. Her PI sense however are still negligible that she can't figure out that Spinelli doesn't like Cody.

Cody, you're a creep and Britt with all her background is still too good for you. And you did deserve to get beat up.

Smoktz should be in a lot of trouble when it comes out that he was using that pusher friend of Sasha’s to try and gaslight her into doing more drugs.  Brando will be livid.  I know if someone did that to my wife, they might end up taking their meals through a tube.  Amd that’s being charitable.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Maybe I’m not paying attention, but did Cam ever reveal to Joss that he and Spencer used Joss and Carly’s DNA to create a fake report for Esme?  I would have expected Joss to get legitimately angry over that one.

• Like 1

If some dude keeps pursuing you after you say you're not interested, and readily admits that he's not good at taking no for an answer: --there shouldn't be a second date! The Britt we know and love would know that.

But somehow the writing is telling us that she's the problem, because she has her walls up or some shit. Why doesn't the show come out and call her frigid if they're going with this 1950s power dynamic anyway?  

5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Maybe I’m not paying attention, but did Cam ever reveal to Joss that he and Spencer used Joss and Carly’s DNA to create a fake report for Esme?  I would have expected Joss to get legitimately angry over that one.

No, he didn't. I suppose that will be a "last straw" excuse for Joss. Fingers crossed!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But somehow the writing is telling us that she's the problem, because she has her walls up or some shit. Why doesn't the show come out and call her frigid if they're going with this 1950s power dynamic anyway?  

The way they're writing this is so gross. Cody doesn't take no for an answer, he negs Britt, he stalks her—this is not romantic, Show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The way they're writing this is so gross. Cody doesn't take no for an answer, he negs Britt, he stalks her—this is not romantic, Show.

Totally gross.  I really thought yesterday, when Britt was like "yeah, I'm being unreasonable" (or whatever wording she used) she was being sarcastic and was going to come back with "no, I said no, I meant no, leave me alone."  But, sure show, stalking the way Cody is is hot.  In the year of our lord 2022, this is what the writers are telling us.  That a woman can't just say "you know what--I just don't get a good vibe from you and I don't need to explain myself any further."  No, there's obviously a problem on HER part.  Pound sand, writers.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3

i'm not defending the writers here - I am legit not.  But as usual they are writing this so stupid, but the seeds are there of what they want to tell. 

Britt thought he was attractive from day 1 when he knocked her into the pool

Britt + Liesel were having the argument that she's closing herself from everything/everyone because of the Huntingdon's diagnosis. 

Since Britt is not a Corinthii - we really hadn't seen her "mourn" her loss with Jason. Basically it went from "Jason marrying Carly, to Jason saving  her mother to Jason being dead, to Britt making Carly feel better." everytime it comes up. 

Britt is shooting down this guy a lot - and I do think (maybe) a part of this is due to the Huntingdon's diagnosis. which is why Britt can readily admit when someone calls her on it but at the same time. Which is cool and I think she should bring down her walls. 

but the problem is - Bearded Wonder is legit not that guy because he's being 100000000000 percent sleezy about it. but they need "drah-muh." (because you know, a doctor suffering from a genetic inheritable disease who falls in love isn't dramah enough, apparently) 

but they do this al the time. Michael comes off as abusive. Bearded Wonder is a Stalker. Sonny is Sonny.  Finn  right now has no idea what the word "boundary" means.  (and on the women's side it's really not that much better). like honestly the only real healthy relationships on the show is Mac + Felicia, and Scott + Lisel with a honourable mention to Sam + Dante (since they got past the whole phone privacy issue)

which is eye rollingly stupid considering that this is a soap opera so. the romance should be clickin like crazy

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Do we know what Cody's real agenda is, other than being a jerk?

Something to do with Faison. He was going to leave town till Dante told him that Britt is Faison's daughter.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

But as usual they are writing this so stupid, but the seeds are there of what they want to tell. 

They just need to tweak things a bit—have Cody back off for a bit and then be the one who comes to Britt's aid. Then they can have a decently genuine conversation, as long as they don't write Cody as feeling entitled to Britt's company. Her feelings are just as important. That's something the show ignore with the women on too regular a basis. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really like Britt, and I actually find the Cody actor handsome and he's got some charisma.  The writers are astoundingly stupid and I have had to begin ff their scenes.  It's all on the writers who seem to believe both stalking AND negging are romantic.  Sickos. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

It's all on the writers who seem to believe both stalking AND negging are romantic.  Sickos. 

The argument can be made that there's a section of the viewership that agrees with the writers. I held off for as long as I could, but I've been around various fandoms for long enough that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Not here, of course, but elsewhere.

• Love 3

Britt and Cody: Do Not Care; Carly and Anyone: Do Not Care; Dante and Sam: Do Not Care; Finn and Elizabeth: Do Not Care; Sonny and Nina: A Possible Care Depending on the Writing; Lucy and Martin: Possibilities. Laura and Kevin: Boring. Esme and Ryan: Explosive when this blows up in their faces.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

So, Cody gave Britt a homemade coupon book for free hugs ( after a terrible first date) and she found it charming? 

( save me from this 'romance')

If she plays her cards right, those free hugs could turn into a whole body massage.

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Do we know what Cody's real agenda is, other than being a jerk?

Something to do with Faison?  He got really interested in her when he found out he was her dad.

• Like 1

Friday's episode is on my PvR. I thought I'd watch it Monday morning, right when I'm starting work, but I think I'll take a pass judging from some of the comments I read and the workout my right thumb will get as I FF through a whole lot of bs.

Still not interested in Cody trying to force his way into Britt's life. Still not cute and still creepy. and I'm not interested in Chase having a music career. Give him back his stupid badge, the PCPD can't afford not having him on the force. They can't even be bothered to investigate Trina's case properly. And I see that Spinelli is involved. And my question remains, why????

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I don't know what ya'll are talking about with this whole "Finn doesn't understand what boundaries are... .Finn isn't listening to Elizabeth." I mean.... come on. This is what happened:

Elizabeth told Finn - I need to do this alone. He was like are you sure, sure? She said yes. He was antsy about it. So, yeah, he messed up and went to see her the next day with flowers. HIS BAD. His concern for her overrode his sense. She was like, dude, I told you, alone!! Don't come and see me. He was like, dang, I messed up.

And then, he STAYED AWAY for the entire duration of her time there. He didn't visit. Yes, when there was the Laura special episode, he asked Laura if she wanted him to drop the boys off. But he also specifically said: I will stay in the car so Elizabeth doesn't have to know I'm there. Again, respecting her boundaries, her choice.

He also spoke with Laura, with Terry, with his father, with Chase about what can I do for her? She wants me to stay away, so I'm staying away. And what he could do was be there for her sons, and help with them. So he did.

We barely saw Elizabeth for an entire month, nearly a month and a half of screentime. And although timeline wise, it might have been  just a week or so, but it winds up working itself out to be about a month because of the holiday. So, yeah, Finn stayed away in that time period. Finally, when talking to Chase, Chase told him, you've stayed away, you did what she requested. You respected her, but you are a doctor, you know when something's wrong. And you are worried. Go and check on her. So that is when he went back to check on her. After a month or so had passed with no word, nothing from her. That's not *not* respecting her boundaries, that's just being beyond concerned.

And she had left Shadybrook. When he next saw her again at the hospital (meaning he didn't go to her house like a creeper stalker), he -- as he has always done -- he tried to give her out. He said he would step back, step away. Give her space. She told him she didn't want it. She wanted him in her life. And then he told her he loved her -- and, no, it didn't come out of the blue, this is a timeline of their relationship (no, not a few dates or there at the ballpark with Violet):

First of all, they shared an immensely intense bonding experience considering what happened with Peter. That created an intense connection, trust, and yes, attraction between the two. And then after that, we saw the two of them:

- Finn there for Elizabeth while dealing with Cameron after he nearly shot Jason.
- Elizabeth there for Finn helping with Violet.
- Finn and Violet at Elizabeth's house during family gatherings.
- Elizabeth and her boys there at Finn's new home for a house warming.
- Finn and Elizabeth during several scenes discussing with others (namely Terry and Chase) and navigating through their feelings for the other.
- Finn and Elizabeth at the Savoy.
- Finn and Elizabeth camping with the kids, which included some alone-time where they got to know more about each other.
- Finn and Elizabeth flirting in various scenes at the hospital.
- Finn and Elizabeth discussing what was going on with her hallucinations or whatever was happening. (At her house. At the hospital. At Laura and Kevin's. At the Metro Court.)
- Finn got a room near her at the Metro Court. We got scenes of them there (some great ones, by the way with some great conversation/discussion).
- Finn trying to help--sometimes, yes, pushing too hard, but then he backed away because it was what she wanted--after they realized it was her going through something. And he was there for her to help with the boys.

And throughout all of this, we had Finn talking to Terry, Chase, Laura, Cameron, Gregory, even Anna about Elizabeth, the importance of her, what he could do that was best to be with her, support her, not push her, help her. And we got Elizabeth talking to Terry, Laura, Scotty, her boys about what was the best direction she could take in her life, moving on from Franco, the man she loved so much and that he would want her to be happy. And Finn and Elizabeth talked about this, talked about taking things slow because they were both grieving different things in different ways, but the feelings were there and were real.

And when he did tell her he loved her it was not to push her, not as some grand gesture, but in his somewhat quirky, rambling way. And then, as stated, he had just been talking about being honest, so he didn't take it back. But again, he didn't pressure her. Or push her boundaries.

So, again, I don't know where so many are all getting this, but it's not what has been happening in their storyline. We've seen their feelings develops. We've also seen Finn treat her with nothing but respect and love. No boundary-pushing, no controlling of her at all. It's just not been there in the story.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I see what you’ve laid out but the huge gaps in airtime haven’t helped build up the Fiz relationship, and some of the stuff you mention had no impact on me.

I don’t remember Fiz developing over Cameron’s Jason issues. I don’t remember Finn being there for Liz in some significant way during that. I don’t remember the Violet scenes but have Fiz discussed Hayden at all? IMO, those two were thrown together during Chase’s medical crisis and were suddenly (and inexplicably) in love afterwards. And then we saw them every three weeks or so. 

I will never understand when or how these two became so in love with each other but I can accept that’s the story we’re being told. That said, the poor storytelling (esp the pacing) - IMO - makes it more difficult to just roll with that narrative. I could have sworn they never went on their first official date because Liz found a torn up dress in her hospital locker. This started the “stalking” story, right? That was their first date, right?! Liz then said she wanted to hold off on seeing Finn, right?!

So, we have two ppl who like each other but who have never gone on an actual date but who are also deeply in love with each other?!?!?  Ok. In light of all that, Finn’s behavior does come off as pushy and presumptuous. I get it. You like her but y’all have never been on a date, and he is acting like she’s the love of his life?!?!

IDK. There’s a way to build up a pairing, and the writers haven’t done that with Fiz in my opinion. It’s been too scattered and overshadowed by other things. 

Edited by lala2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I will never understand when or how these two became so in love with each other but I can accept that’s the story we’re being told. That said, the poor storytelling (esp the pacing) - IMO - makes it more difficult to understand the characters and their motivations. 

Someone brought some quotes from either an article or the Digest Podcast with Becky and it was rather enlightening and explains so much about why storylines don't work or are a total mess.

"Becky talking about Elizabeth current storyline. There’s a lot of “idk’s.” Brings up being confused about why she was doing the voice over and how she should go about it. She asked a person on set an all she got was “idk”. It’s a guess sometimes."

"They made her do multiple versions of how to say “daddy” because no one knew how it was supposed to come off."

"With the amount of block taping they do, future scenes are taped then they go back to tape scenes leading up to them. If actors aren’t told story and/or given direction how tf are they to know how to play scenes?"

GH's problem in a nutshell.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone brought some quotes from either an article or the Digest Podcast with Becky and it was rather enlightening and explains so much about why storylines don't work or are a total mess.

"Becky talking about Elizabeth current storyline. There’s a lot of “idk’s.” Brings up being confused about why she was doing the voice over and how she should go about it. She asked a person on set an all she got was “idk”. It’s a guess sometimes."

"They made her do multiple versions of how to say “daddy” because no one knew how it was supposed to come off."

"With the amount of block taping they do, future scenes are taped then they go back to tape scenes leading up to them. If actors aren’t told story and/or given direction how tf are they to know how to play scenes?"

GH's problem in a nutshell.

Yup! I saw that over on SoapCentral. It is clear the writers have no set plan or story they are trying to tell. I’m not a professional writer but I would think a writer would think of a story with a clear BEGINNING and END before pitching it. The middle can change or not be completely thought out but the beginning and end should be clear. And that is clearly not happening with Liz, Esme, and other stories! 

• Love 1
On 8/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, sacrebleu said:

So, Cody gave Britt a homemade coupon book for free hugs ( after a terrible first date) and she found it charming? 

( save me from this 'romance')

Seriously. The  homemade coupon book is what I used to have my kid make for relatives as a present when she was too young to go shopping.

What I see is Cody having other ulterior motives and having zero interest in Britt herself (otherwise he would be listening to her), Britt trying very hard because her mother wants her to have  a life before she dies*, and Maxie for utterly inexplicable reasons helping Cody even after Spinelli has told her he's a bad person. There is nothing worth watching there as Britt gets humiliated by a stupid conman.

* this reminds me of the time my parents were concerned about my lack of love life and made me promise to date every person who asked me for a month. Worst dating month of my life so my sympathy is all with Britt for being pressured into another date with Cody.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I’m not a professional writer but I would think a writer would think of a story with a clear BEGINNING and END before pitching it.

The beginning is "this story stars Carly/Michael/Joss"  The end is "Carly/Joss/Michael win". Everything else doesn't matter.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

So, we have two ppl who like each other but who have never gone on an actual date but who are also deeply in love with each other?!?!?  Ok. In light of all that, Finn’s behavior does come off as pushy and presumptuous. I get it. You like her but y’all have never been on a date, and he is acting like she’s the love of his life?!?!

I know you've mentioned that you don't always watch eps and stuff, so you have missed stuff. Yes, they did go on their date. They've gone out a few times. No, they haven't talked about Hayden, but they've also spent A LOT of time together. A few dates doesn't mean they've had no time to fall in love. They work together, they spent the holidays together, have gone on family outings together, spend time at each other's homes, they have literally spent months together getting closer and closer and closer.

You may not like them, and that's fine. I agree completely that the pacing has been horrific and GH has done a crap job on that end, but to say the characters haven't spent time together is simply not true. They have; it's happened. It is there.

RE: Cam/Jason. Finn was there with Elizabeth when they found Cam in the garage. Finn helped keep Cam quiet, providing good sound advice. I think he called Scotty. He stayed with Elizabeth and Cam until Elizabeth said she was good, and didn't need him anymore.

Finally, no, Finn is not acting like she's the love of his life. He's simply acting like a man who is in love with a woman that he respects, he admires and he genuinely likes as a person. And someone with whom he can have an honest relationship which he did not have with Anna, or Hayden. Prior to that he hadn't had a relationship in years. The last one was with his wife Reiko -- who probably was the love of his life -- and she died. Prior to that? Jackie. Another relationship filled with lies and secrets. So if Finn is protective and excited about what he's found with Elizabeth, someone else in the medical field, that would be why.

Edited by driver18
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The thing is - I like the passport thing. it is cute, and lame-adorable. and it's unique. not everything has to be dark room, with lots of candles/fancy smancy dinner. (an even if it were a coupon book - it would still be adorkable). Like i rather this passport vs. this over the top bling present etc. [an least we forget he is broke. he lost all his money getting beaten up]. 

Why I don't care about it is because this is all done based on stalking. It's not even the Bearded Wonder wanting to get to know Britt because of the Faison thing. - that is soapy. What irritates me is that he's stalking Britt and not taking anything she says to heart. at all. that's no buneo. And as i said. FUNDEMENTALLY i can see what they want to do with it, but it comes off so blegh. 

7 hours ago, driver18 said:

So, again, I don't know where so many are all getting this, but it's not what has been happening in their storyline. We've seen their feelings develops. We've also seen Finn treat her with nothing but respect and love. No boundary-pushing, no controlling of her at all. It's just not been there in the story.

basically to sum it up  - and again. I actually Like Fiz, so it's not me harping on the relationship like, MIllowtonin or something -but to me I do feel at sometimes he doesn't have the boundaries of the relationship. it's cool that you don't and you are just loving their story whenever it comes up. 

and again i think a lot of it is simply wonky writing, because I think it was @lala2 saying why is he around all the time - and i think a lot of times unless Violet is there going "Aunt Elizabeth" you tend to forget that he's the boys uncle. but they don't even play it off that way. so it just comes off as being over-involved with kids that they've only really gone on one date. and  on top of that a lot of the flirting etc, also has been pierced with the Peter Drama right into Liz's sleeping walking drama,  which still has yet to address that maybe mentally she is still not over Franco. (so why they are even bothering with this "Daddy" crap is beyond me)

and I get it. some people just know that that is it for them. they don't need the courtship or anything like that. but from  what we've seen, I don't really get where the "I totally love you,  I love you too" came from either.  again as someone who likes the couple, my reaction wasn't OH YES, FINALLY (which the ILY Deployment should bring when one roots for the couple), but it was very much... how my reaction was - like they haven't really been together outside of dealing with crises etc. (give or take a camping trip or something, and even then that was bombarded w/Scott). 

but that's just moi

Edited by Daisy
colour and couple are not the same thing LOL
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

@driver18 - I definitely missed them going on their first date. I recall it being cancelled b/c of Elizabeth finding a torn dress. As I recall, that started off the stalking plot. I remember her finding her ring in her work locker (or in a drawer in her kitchen which was really odd) and then the speculation about her kids doing it and Heather, etc. I don't remember them actually going on any dates. But I fully admit to missing the dates. 

I agree with @Daisy that we've seen them flirting and being interested in each other. I guess I just feel Finn's emotions/love for Liz is OTT for the place they are in their relationship. He seems to care quite a bit, and it just doesn't track . . . . for me. I can't help but wonder why he's so invested in Liz and her family. I wonder when they fell in love. Again, it has not helped that they are shown so rarely. And to show I'm not biased, when Maxie declared she liked Austin after the Peter debacle, I was like, "huh?" That "relationship" skipped over the courtship entirely. Fiz have courted more than Mastin. So, my main issue is w/the bad, poorly paced writing.

That said, I'm definitely not trying to be a spoil sport or talk them down. I have a lot of issues w/the writing and the pacing, but I'm glad you're enjoying Fiz. There is not much I actually like on GH right now so if others get enjoyment out of couples/stories, have at it! 😀 I wish I could join you! 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

[pedant] It was a homemade passport, with "stamps" for places and things they've done and will do. [/pedant]

This would be sweet if Cody were doing it because he liked Britt and he wanted to make her happy. But since he's manipulating her for some purpose of his own and we haven't seen that he likes her even a bit, ewwwww.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This would be sweet if Cody were doing it because he liked Britt and he wanted to make her happy. But since he's manipulating her for some purpose of his own and we haven't seen that he likes her even a bit, ewwwww.

exactly
gesture-sweet
from Bearded Wonder, - not so sweet

• Like 2
  • Love 1

There was a brief moment when I thought Cody had potential - that was when it seemed like he would be at the center of a triangle between best friends Britt and Brad.

That moment evaporated almost instantaneously. Brad has been out of prison for how long now? Every straight character has had multiple love interests since he's been free. I guess ABC still believes queer romance is the death knell for soaps. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Aymery said:

guess ABC still believes queer romance is the death knell for soaps. 

They should check out Y&R where Terriah is probably the most popular couple on the show. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kristina exists! And she blows smoke up Sonny's ass. boo. Kristina explains why she loves her father regardless of his crap. Take a note Dipsticks.  Kristina says six months (WOO), and then she says "I am not happy about what she did but i can't judge her. I can't throw stones, I did crap." which is why i love Kristina. 

Spinelli. guh. NO ONE CARES. Just spit out the truth, Spinelli. 

Maxie: Spinelli is an acquired taste.
Me: you got that right. 

Oh Look. Willow is at work. Oh but she's only at work to see her test results. apparently she's graduating from nursing school in a few hrs. I wanna be a Soap Nurse.  that was one fast programme

Lisel claps Nina with truth: stop apologizing for loving Sonny. lmao Lisel speaking more truth - tell Sonny to find Carly a table for one and focus on you, or you leave Sonny. end of story. Preach it girl.

Nina and Sonny wish they were isolated in NF. y'all. these ppl are crazy

BabyJason says he wants a payraise because Sonny is making him do crap things. Michael says "I didn't hire you to do bad things." WHAT DID YOU THINK SONNY WAS GOING TO HAVE HIM DO,  SCHELP COFFEE?! like oh my god. "I want you to take Sonny down, but you know if Sonny asks you to do things like beat up people, and threaten civilians,  don't do it. it totally won't be suspect at all." what a freaking dipstick. And of course, he doesn't really care that Sonny did something illegal to help someone he cares about. This is why this doesn't work.. Dipstick says he can't have Sonny arrested for tampering. Hypocrite. Hypocrite. Hypocrite. BabyJason says this is stupid, but he'll do whatever Dipstick tells him to.

Maxie is all "every step that Dante takes with you, it's one away from Lulu." Sam freaks out. 

Apparently Linc + BLQ had somethin' somethin. How on earth did BLQ sleep with him? 

Gaslighting at the pool. got to love it.
Bearded Wonder says that Spinelli wants Brit. Britt pffts. I gagged. 

Willow sobs that she is so happy. I wonder why she's not talking to you know, her partner.  Michael shows up sees that Willow was crying, and goes "What did you do to her?" shut up, dipstick. Willow smoothes it over. 

Sam: what is the likihood of a bombshell speaking 3 made up languages. Me: clearly you've never been to ComicCon. 

Okay. now get why this is an issue with Society Who Gives a Crap. So. yeah, Bearded Wonder you should call the cops ON PRINCIPLE.

Chase and BLQ.... either poop or get off the pot. seriously. 

Too bad Krissy is gay because Baby Jason + her had a spark. 

Dipstick 2 still doesn't tell Dipstick 1 about her diagnosis. 

Ava still has no time for Nik. love it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I want a tanto too. They've hit a good spot with Obrecht as the ruthless mother figure.

Kristina is the only one of the adult kids worth anything. Of course, the others are Michael and Joss so there's that. Dex is scum like Michael.

"What did I do to earn this kind of loyalty?"  You had a child with Alexis, who isn't a vengeful harpy.

Everything at the Metro Court pool was a snooze.  Why would Spinelli data mine people who didn't sign up for the dating app? That makes no sense. And how would Cody find out?

So Willow is not going to get treatment because it could hurt the baby? Zzzzzz.

Sam: what is the likihood of a bombshell speaking 3 made up languages. Me: clearly you've never been to ComicCon. 

That's what I thought !

Too bad Krissy is gay because Baby Jason + her had a spark

She's been into guys before so she could be bisexual. But she deserves better than Dex.

Beween Dex, Cody, Spinelli, not to mention Michael, why are so many of the thirtysomething guys creepy?

• Love 9

More weird location shooting for a scene in a car. Okay, Show.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Spinelli. guh. NO ONE CARES. Just spit out the truth, Spinelli. 

Seriously. Ninety-nine point nine percent of Port Charles couldn't care less what he's up to.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"What did I do to earn this kind of loyalty?"  You had a child with Alexis, who isn't a vengeful harpy.

He also didn't do much raising of Kristina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Michael is such an ass. “What did you do to her?” Ugh. He’s always jumping to conclusions and looking like the complete ass he is. And I love how Sonny’s crimes are A-OK for him and Josslyn when they benefit someone he likes! The hypocrisy of those two is reaching crazy levels!! 

Willow is just a liar. She always has some excuse for lying. I wish the show would acknowledge that and present it as the character flaw it is instead of always painting it as her being noble and self-sacrficing. No. She’s just a liar and has to be forced to tell the truth. 

I see ChaLynn are still up to their old games. I feel for the fans waiting for these two to get together. It’s taking forever, and I’m not sure why all this buildup is necessary. Just put them together already. 

I didn’t see all of the Dante/BLQ scenes, but it sounded like he was telling her to stop using Chase and getting him involved in schemes. Chase is a grown man, but I think I understood Dante’s point. I have to rewatch to see what exactly he said. 

I enjoyed the Sonny/Kristina and Nina/Liesl scenes. 

• Love 7