Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Michaels plan to air all this dirty drama in press is disgusting. I hope Nina wins by not stooping low. 

Nina is saddled with Willow as her kid and they tie her to Obrehct and Britt too. Willow doesn't deserve ties to canvas. 

• Love 10

Thanks for the responses here. Yeah, it definitely sounds like they had planned Nelle as a Kendall/Carly but pivoted when they decided to put her with Michael. Although that wouldn't make much sense since why would Carly have targeted Bobbie if she herself had given a child up.

Willow as Nina's daughter makes sense. I can even go with Harmony being Lorraine (which still seems insane. I knew Lorraine, Harmony is not the same person). It's the Nelle of it all that makes no sense. At least she's dead now.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Nina is saddled with Willow as her kid and they tie her to Obrehct and Britt too. Willow doesn't deserve ties to canvas. 

It's Nina who doesn't deserve any ties to the canvas. The character was originally created because Frank wanted to get one of Y&R actors in MS to the show and to give purpose to one of the many Michael Easton's characters on the show.

Willow and Britt being related is actually pretty nice. Everyone else that Britt has been related to except for her pretty but dumb brother Nathan, were psychos, killers or just plain evil.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because Nelle is a psychopath who rather blame her just over 18 sister via adoption that she only saw once in her childhood over her dirtbag dad who had no problem selling off his child's body parts for cash.

So are you saying that Nelle was never mad at Frank. or that Nelle should't have been mad at Carly because Carly only saw once in her childhood? (and if Carly who knew that Frank was an abusive dirtbag, had a little sister (whom she only saw once), shouldn't have any resentment thrown her way for escaping, having a life, becoming rich and powerful in a small... burg town and not once thinking "gee. i wonder how my sister is doing that i left in an abusive relationship, maybe i should rescue her?"

Sorry I think i would be a bit resentful of my sibling in that case. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Michaels plan to air all this dirty drama in press is disgusting. I hope Nina wins by not stooping low. 

airing all the dirty laundry, simply because it never occurred to either of these dimwits simply to have Nina's visitations supervised.  like that's legit ALL they have to do.

and you know. i'd say these kids will grow up and realize all of this and hate Michael but nope won't happen

• Love 6

I thought that Nell was angry at Carly for two reasons. First because Jax bought her kidney from Frank Benson for Josslyn and Nelle had no say in giving it up.

Second because Virginia Benson acquired Nelle for Frank and somehow Frank , an abusive parent, ended up raising Nelle and as @nilyank said, selling off her body parents for cash. Carly knew that Frank was raising Nelle and didn't do anything to protect her. IMO Carly really should have called child services to protect Nelle but that's Carly.

They wanted to draw a parallel between Carly coming into Port Charles determined to exact revenge on her mother for giving her up, and Nelle. Both of them felt justified to make others pay for their own hardships although Carly wan raised by a caring adoptive mother.

To me, Nelle was a garden-variety soap opera manipulator until the writers decided to make her a psychopath by  murdering her rich fiance

Given how much gossip goes around a hospital, it's hard to believe that Phyllis, the nurse caring for Nina, didn't know that she was carrying twins.  Harmony for some reason was friends with Madeleine even though she worked in another part of the hospital. I guess she really, really wanted a child.

I wonder if anyone is going to compare Willow raised by a caring albeit flawed parent vs Nelle raised by an abusive one.

• Love 2

I guess I.am stuck on why Nelle was even the donor on the first place since she had no bio relation to Joss. Would make more sense for her to be Jerry's kid than Carly's  adopted sister.

Unless they want to close that loop by making Nina Carly's twin who Madeline stole (though the whole thing with Sasha's DNA test would negate that.) But that might be a much more interesting story.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

So are you saying that Nelle was never mad at Frank. or that Nelle should't have been mad at Carly because Carly only saw once in her childhood? (and if Carly who knew that Frank was an abusive dirtbag, had a little sister (whom she only saw once), shouldn't have any resentment thrown her way for escaping, having a life, becoming rich and powerful in a small... burg town and not once thinking "gee. i wonder how my sister is doing that i left in an abusive relationship, maybe i should rescue her?"

In the flashback scene we had of Carly (play by the Joss actress) and Frank (played by with another mustache by JPS), little Nelle was in the background and it was the only time that Carly saw her. She didn't know that Frank was an abusive dirtbag. Just that he was a deadbeat dirtbag that left Virgina and Carly when she was barely a few years old. The reason Nelle resented Carly was because Frank told her that Carly wouldn't support him (and ergo Nelle) so he had to find ways to make ends meet ala kidney donation.

Nelle was not mad at Frank or blamed him.

She solely blamed Carly. Yes, I understand why Nelle could resent Carly for escaping being raised by Frank and having a much better life in return. But when Nelle first show up, Carly adored her because she saved Joss's life. But just like Carly thought destroying Bobbie's life would erase the pain of her childhood, Nelle went after Carly's life in the same manner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I guess I.am stuck on why Nelle was even the donor on the first place since she had no bio relation to Joss.

Most organ donors have no relationship to the recipients, and close family may not be a match.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Most organ donors have no relationship to the recipients, and close family may not be a match

True. It's just a weird coincidence. But it undid Jake's death which I am all for so I will just have to go with it.

• Love 1

Why did Nelle kill her finance? 

He put her in his will and he wouldn't cut all ties with his family, so she decided to kill him in an "accident."

and why couldn't it have been Michael :'(

Well she did try. Because same reasons.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

airing all the dirty laundry, simply because it never occurred to either of these dimwits simply to have Nina's visitations supervised.  like that's legit ALL they have to do.

That's the tip-off that, especially on Michael's part, it's more about spite than reason. It's certainly not about protecting Wiley.

I don't think there was a better line on GH in all of 2021 than when Carly was talking about how Nina had stepped out of line and now she could suffer the consequences (I think for the "I'm your other grandma" breach of protocol), and Ava said, "And you just love doling out the punishment, don't you?" Michael is cut from the same cloth. Nina must be punished for the nine months, and he'll weaponize Wiley to do it. All the talk about its being for Wiley's benefit is hot air.   

And Willow? How she has any fans at all, I don't understand. I will grant that Katelyn MacMullen is very pretty, but the character is such a sniveling, empty-headed Stepford wife. I can only hope this maternity revelation means she won't knuckle under to Michael and Carly on everything.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

And Willow? How she has any fans at all, I don't understand.

I said that about ALW (SWSNBN), but she was popular at fan events. 

I find it difficult to believe Harmony could afford Neil's therapy rates.  I doubt he'd be willing to treat her due to her ties to a cult, no matter how much remorse she shows.

I'm going to go back to my original wish (ignoring the inherited heart problem) and say that Shiloh is Wiley's biodad, making Willow and Nina his only living blood relatives. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The reason Nelle resented Carly was because Frank told her that Carly wouldn't support him (and ergo Nelle) so he had to find ways to make ends meet ala kidney donation.

Nelle was not mad at Frank or blamed him.

She solely blamed Carly.

Carly is the star of the show.  There is no story value to Nelle showing  up and blaming Frank.

Nelle gets called a psychopath but I could make a strong case for Carly deserving the label too.

And to be told that part of your body must be sold so that you and your father can survive would really screw a young girl up.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And to be told that part of your body must be sold so that you and your father can survive would really screw a young girl up.

on top of the drugs that she absorbed from Nina as a fetus. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle gets called a psychopath but I could make a strong case for Carly deserving the label too.

At best - at best - Carly has this weird solipsism going on where things only matter when they're being done to her. It goes beyond hypocrisy, although it's that too. Virginia Benson, whatever her flaws may have been, did the best she could, but Carly was hurt and pissed because a teenaged girl didn't want to raise her in a brothel. Let that sink in for a second. She was mad because Bobbie gave her up for adoption to keep her from growing up among prostitutes. It boggles the mind, truly.

• Love 8
(edited)

I know that Nelle was a sociopath but at least she knew how to stand up to Carly and Michael which makes me like her more. Willow is a doormat.

Personally, I'll take a "doormat" over a slasher of throats who left the father of her child to burn alive in a car and saw her kid as nothing but a tool to get revenge on the woman she hated.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And Willow? How she has any fans at all, I don't understand. I will grant that Katelyn MacMullen is very pretty, but the character is such a sniveling, empty-headed Stepford wife. I can only hope this maternity revelation means she won't knuckle under to Michael and Carly on everything.

Perhaps because her fans don't see her the same as you do. I don't think she's a sniveling, empty-headed Stepford wife. It boggles my mind why there's so much hate for her, yet all this hand wringing over a sociopath like Nelle. I'll never understand that.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I hate Carly with the fire of a thousand suns - and she and Nelle definitely have a lot of similarities - but Nelle has got her beat on the sociopath card. While Carly's number one will always be herself, unlike Nelle, I do actually believe Carly is capable of love and does love people like her children.

And, so what, Nelle had a bad childhood. So did Sonny and yet most people here wouldn't say that excuses the shitty things he's done. People have crappy childhoods all the time and don't do half the things Nelle did. And, what makes me have even less sympathy for Nelle (the same way I felt for Carly and her pity party when she joined the show) was she was given chance after chance when came on the show. Carly was nice to her and so was her whole family, but Nelle couldn't let her vendetta go. And, even after what Nelle did (trying to trick Sonny into believing he slept with her) Michael forgave her and tried to have a real relationship, but she lied and lied and lied...and still acted like somehow she was the wronged party and that the world owed her something. 

I'm so glad she's dead and am praying she stays that way.

I don't feel sorry for Britt and Obrecht - it's not like either of them is some grand prize. I feel sorry for Willow - what a family of psychos and murderers she's inherited (not to mention her "adopted" mother who is also a murderer on top of already being a former cult member who facilitated her daughter's rape.) I like Nina well enough, and think CW and KM have good chemistry, but she's got a mother who literally ripped a baby from a mother's womb. A cousin (Britt) who used her position to steal an embryo and raise the kid just to hang onto two different men. An aunt who - I'm not sure I can even list all her crimes - kidnapping, murder, etc. And a twin who was a sociopath who murdered one fiancé, left another to burn alive, slashed an innocent woman's throat, and cared about no one but herself. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Perhaps because her fans don't see her the same as you do. I don't think she's a sniveling, empty-headed Stepford wife. It boggles my mind why there's so much hate for her, yet all this hand wringing over a sociopath like Nelle. I'll never understand that.

I kinda agree a bit with everything in the past few pages. Willow hasn't done anything wrong, but imo she's dull. On the other side, just because Nelle was opposed to Carly doesn't mean she was hard done by. She was obviously a favorite of the writers imo. And while I think Chloe Lanier is a very decent actress she seriously lacked charisma.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, jsbt said:

Stefan would never brook this nonsense in his house! It amazes me that Victor is allowing it unless he simply is too preoccupied with his weather machine scheme to give a shit.

Stefan to everyone in Wyndemere right now:

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

On 4/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, dubbel zout said:

the PCPD will uncover the truth." Oh, Laura. You of all people should know better.

Loved Laura and Elizabeth talking about Jeff and Carolyn.

Maybe it was a cue for NuLucky. Hey, it makes more sense than anything else.

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Michael forgave her and tried to have a real relationship, but she lied and lied and lied...and still acted like somehow she was the wronged party and that the world owed her something. 

There was an inflection point where show didn't know what to do with this new character.  Then suddenly the writers decided to insert a whopper of a lie each week and there wasn't any indication that she could take down the Corinthos thugs.  I liked the actress.  It's too bad she wasn't cast as one of Scottie's daughters.  Michael should have stayed the heck away from Nelle until she gave birth.  But as Michael Corinthos, he was not going to lose so now the audience is forced fed redundant messaging about what an awesome and devoted father he is to his son.  What's worse is what's in store for us once again as St. Michael becomes father-of-the-year with another baby. 

Esme just seems like Nelle redux but with the teen set.  I guess I wouldn't mind watching this plot AGAIN if Carly and Sonny weren't involved.  And I am not really wowed by nuSpencer - although he has markedly improved since his debut; especially with solid soap actors (e.g., Ava, Laura and Victor) to lean against. 

• Love 4

So I was sort of right about the Willow reveal and what's his face blackmailing Harmony over it. I am so rarely right about anything!

Here's to Michael's head blowing up. Bitch has fucked both Nina's daughters and their half-sister. How do you like them apples, Mikey?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I am uninterested in Trina the martyr.

Seriously. It would be one thing to take a plea deal if she were guilty, but she's not! Plus, she can always appeal a guilty verdict. Trina still has options. Why isn't someone telling her that? Scott needs to work a little less on Nina's case and a little more on Trina's right now.

9 hours ago, Daisy said:

It's so galactically stupid. I hope the judge fines them both for wasting the court's time and tells them to do this. What a bunch of nincompoops.

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I doubt he'd be willing to treat her due to her ties to a cult, no matter how much remorse she shows.

Wasn't his daughter a victim of some cult? I can understand him wanting to help others in similar situations.

• Love 6

Willow commits the worst sin a fictional character can - she's boring.

Though, honestly, I remember Nelle being pretty boring, too. She was completely ineffectual as Carly 2.0 (because Carly Must Always Win) and then they tried to course-correct by making her a total psychopathic black widow, which never really made sense and at that point, who cared? Not me, that's for sure.

Why they didn't cast Chloe Lanier as one of the Baldwin girls is beyond me.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I am uninterested in Trina the martyr.  Ava is your mentor, girl. Burn Esme and Spencer to the ground.

This This!

I've decided hair and makeup is mad at the actress who plays Willow because I thought she looked awful these past few days with the curls.

Bring on more Anna/Felicia and Anna/Valentin.

• Love 1

This latest plaaaaaan by Michael could be soapy if it was allowed to blow up in his face. ( But Michael is the predetermined winner in all things)

Is he at all concerned about how Ava will react to her daughter being used as a pawn? Ava should refuse to let Carly see Avery ( you know, if she were as crappy a parent as Carly and Michael, and willing to use access to her child as a weapon)

And as others have pointed out, Michael never offered Nina any compromise, so I don't see how she's the one being unreasonable. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Michael never offered Nina any compromise, so I don't see how she's the one being unreasonable. 

She kept Sonny away from his family for eight whole months. That sin will never be forgiven. Never mind no one—not Nina, not Sonny, not Phyllis—has admitted that Mike couldn't have cared less if he had a family. They weren't looking for him, so why should he have looked for them?

More galactic stupidity. Had the show only had Mike say once he wasn't interested in finding out who he was, I could deal with this. But he said it multiple times, so it's absurd it hasn't been brought up. Maybe Scott will be smart enough (ha! as if) to ask Sonny about this if the dumb visitation lawsuit gets that far.

• Love 3

31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

This latest plaaaaaan by Michael could be soapy if it was allowed to blow up in his face. ( But Michael is the predetermined winner in all things)

When the truth comes out he'll rage even more at Nina for having the audacity to gestate twins while in a coma ("this is just like her--always out for herself!").  I mean, the NERVE!! 

• LOL 11
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

When the truth comes out he'll rage even more at Nina for having the audacity to gestate twins while in a coma ("this is just like her--always out for herself!").  I mean, the NERVE!! 

Nina had this big plan to latch on to the Quartermaine-Corinthos clan via Wylie, by birthing twin daughters who would be the runt's mothers, thereby making Michael's life miserable.

It's all-about-Michael. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's all-about-Michael. 

And Carly.

It's hard to fanwank the storylines on this show because they start writing every plot "Carly's family wins".  But:

If Obrecht and Britt don't have a moral compass, neither does Willow since she got involved with Michael. In fact I'd argue that Obrecht and Britt (and Ava)  know what's right and wrong but sometimes they choose to do wrong for their own reasons and they acknowledge it when they do (I like to think of that as level 6 on Kohlberg's scale). Willow has no sense of right and wrong any more, she just parrots what Michael and Carly tell her even though we the audience see that it's lies. If Michael told her that 3 year old Wylie would be better off in military school, I can't see her fighting him for more than a few seconds.

13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

While Carly's number one will always be herself, unlike Nelle, I do actually believe Carly is capable of love and does love people like her children.

We don't know that Nelle can't because the show never really gave her a chance to see.  She became a 2 dimensional villain so that Carly and Michael could have their meaty scenes. When Nelle was describing to Nina the house and life she wanted with Wylie, I believed that she did love him and that with someone caring about her, she could come around.

I also think that Brad and Lucas were better parents than Michael although Nelle had lots of other reasons for giving the baby to Brad. And Nelle wasn't wrong about the role she would hold if Michael got full custody of Wylie, which is that Michael and Carly would do everything they could to erase Nelle from Wylie's life.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She kept Sonny away from his family for eight whole months.

Isn't it six months? Nina didn't show up in Nixon Falls until Michael blew up at her and refused to let her see Wylie because she made poor Willow cry by speaking the truth. Of course Carly's tribe all cry  one year! one year!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't his daughter a victim of some cult? I can understand him wanting to help others in similar situations.

Yes she was, but I don't see Harmony as a victim, so much as a perpetrator. 

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow has no sense of right and wrong any more, she just parrots what Michael and Carly tell her even though we the audience see that it's lies. If Michael told her that 3 year old Wylie would be better off in military school, I can't see her fighting him for more than a few seconds.

Willow is not a character. Not anymore at least. She had dimension before, then the writers put her with Michael and flattened any complexity she may have had because Michael is not a complex character with any particular depth. Michael is the equivalent of a sea slug. So instead of trying to improve the character, they drag his girlfriend down to his level, where she falls in line, becomes his mouth piece and staunchest defender with no brain cells to rub together. Either you get Nelle, who will manipulate the hell out of the situation and tries to murder him, or you have Willow, who will crawl on her stomach for him.

I still find it shocking that the show thinks that this loser should be any kind of a lead. 

• Love 19

I found Nelle bland when she and Michael were together and the show was trying to sell them as a pairing in between her intro storyline with Carly and right before her first exit. They only wrote in that SL about her murdered ex fiancé after CL asked to be let out of her contract early so I suspect had she not left when she did, we would have gotten a full whitewash and sob story. 

Same with Sasha. She came on board as a con artist and did seem like she was trying to steal Griffen from Kiki but once they put her with Michael, she became wallpaper (and still is today). It’s like they think that Michael can’t be with anyone gray which is strange since he’s pretty much the spoiled, asshole version of a Mary Sue character and clearly needs someone to bounce off of.

I never liked Willow so they’re a good containment ship for me. I thought she was boring and smug before they got together and the only thing that’s changed is she’s more of a doormat and makes passes for Michael and his family that she claimed bothered her before. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I found Nelle bland when she and Michael were together

Being with Michael flattens out every woman he's with, even the ones who are dull (Abby) to begin with. It's as if the writers don't want anyone he's with to outshine him, when he's not exactly a ball of fire himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She kept Sonny away from his family for eight whole months. That sin will never be forgiven. Never mind no one—not Nina, not Sonny, not Phyllis—has admitted that Mike couldn't have cared less if he had a family. They weren't looking for him, so why should he have looked for them?

What's even stupider is that now Carly doesn't want Sonny back or for her marriage to work because he....won't murder Nina or have her murdered. She hasn't said that, but she might as well, that she won't be happy until he puts Nina's corpse at her feet, a blood offering to appease her like the Gorgon that she is. You'd think after all that screeching and gnashing her teeth when Sonny 'died' , she'd be delighted to have the idiot back, but she isn't.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, DanaK said:

I still don’t understand how Neil’s brother was allowed to have his patient notes. Shouldn’t those automatically be destroyed when a shrink dies or be held by an ethical shrink organization to determine what to do with them? 

That’s an interesting question because yes, I’m sure that is what is supposed to happen. But what if the doctor keeps his notes at home where other people have access, or if a family member cleans out the office? It’s not like a Shrink Cop is going to show up immediately and put locks on the file cabinet. So I assume it’s really up to the family to be ethical.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nelle is basically carly 2.0 but unlike Carly (whom we're supposed to root for even with all her evil stuff) Nelle is evil and screw her. 

Is it terrible that I rooted for Nelle anyway? I can’t help it, I just prefer the evil characters. They’re more fun to watch. I actually agree with @FilmTVGeek80’s post above about the characters— that is, if these were real life people. I would much rather have Willow in my life than Nelle or Carly, but on a soap? Willow just puts me to sleep. My favorite character is Ava, and she’s far from a saint.

19 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

It's the Nelle of it all that makes no sense. At least she's dead now.

Maybe. I consider her Morgan Dead— that is, only until they decide to recast, or come up with a new story that needs that character.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Being with Michael flattens out every woman he's with, even the ones who are dull (Abby) to begin with. It's as if the writers don't want anyone he's with to outshine him, when he's not exactly a ball of fire himself.

It’s really strange that both of Carly’s (living) children are supposed to be such paragons of virtue. I’m mean, sure, they’re selfish, but they are painted as always doing the “right” thing. Shouldn’t at least one of them be drawn to the dark side? Maybe if Michael were to start scheming with someone like Nelle instead of schmooping it up with nudniks like Willow, he would be worth watching. 

38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

In Abby's case, she was literally flattened.

Hilarious.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:
23 hours ago, DanaK said:

I still don’t understand how Neil’s brother was allowed to have his patient notes. Shouldn’t those automatically be destroyed when a shrink dies or be held by an ethical shrink organization to determine what to do with them? 

That’s an interesting question because yes, I’m sure that is what is supposed to happen. But what if the doctor keeps his notes at home where other people have access, or if a family member cleans out the office? It’s not like a Shrink Cop is going to show up immediately and put locks on the file cabinet. So I assume it’s really up to the family to be ethical.

Depending on where you live there are rules about what to do with files. The executor would have to follow the rules. I think what they were trying to say about Neil is that he kept "separate notes" not in the file and left them in a lock box. Don't know if that is legal or ethical or if Harmony could sue his estate for breach of confidentiality.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Daisy said:

Madeline gives Harmony, Willow, and Harmony goes off to live on Compound Land.

I'd swear they don't know what to do with Inga Cadranel so they just crib ideas from previous shows she was in.  Complicated relationship with a daughter while she was under the thumb of a villain.  Kinda like Aife and Bo on Lost Girl.  Now she was involved in hiding a baby in an undocumented underground kind of way.  Where have I seen that before...?

OrphanBlackS02E01_1.jpg

Oh yeah, Orphan Black!  Bonus points, Willow has a twin blonde psycho sister or "seestra"  Unfortunately, Willow is no Sarah Manning (and her twin wouldn't have failed to kill Michael either).

20 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And Willow? How she has any fans at all, I don't understand. I will grant that Katelyn MacMullen is very pretty, but the character is such a sniveling, empty-headed Stepford wife.

Watch her with any scene partner but Michael, and she's really much more lifelike.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think what they were trying to say about Neil is that he kept "separate notes" not in the file and left them in a lock box. Don't know if that is legal or ethical or if Harmony could sue his estate for breach of confidentiality.

Very likely.

The rules of confidentiality in Canada (I don't know the US ones) are very strict. All patient notes must be kept in a locked cabinet and the key kept separate. If the cabinet itself cannot be locked, the room should be.  No one, not other people in the office, not cleaning staff, should have access to the files. Any time the files are sent electronically, they need to be encrypted and the encryption key sent separately in another form of communication (e.g. files sent via email, encryption key sent via text).

The room where the therapy is must have two doors, one to the waiting room, and another so that the patient can exit without going through the main door so that departing and arriving patients don't see and identify each other.

If the psychologist is working from a hospital, the hospital keeps his notes after death or termination of the practice. If there is a private practice, the psychologist must appoint a professional executor (as opposed to a personal one) to dispose of the professional papers. Whether Harmony's notes were part of the official file or a separate file, Brendan should not have been able to get his hands on them.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I found Nelle bland when she and Michael were together and the show was trying to sell them as a pairing

You mean you didn't find that "we're in a freezing cabin, let's take turns in the hot bath" sexy? 

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

In Abby's case, she was literally flattened.

While on the phone with Michael.  I'm not entirely convinced she didn't position herself underneath that crane to escape his droning on.

• LOL 11

I know they are gonna butcher it. but I am actually intrigued about the angle all of this is going to take. They've been trying to delete Nina because of Nelle - and now Willow is also Nina's daughter so.. no matter how you slice it - you can't remove Nina. 

There's also the mental health issue and how this is going to play out when they rapid age Wiley. Nelle had mental health issues (i'm not whitewashing her crazy behaviour -  but from where I am sitting a lot of it could be explained by the drugs that she absorbed as a fetus) Willow has had some mental issues (her glooming onto Wiley and refusing to acknowledge the loss of her kid). I'd argue that AJ suffered some depression (never diagnosed but he had a lot of the signs and it could have contributed to his alcoholism) - and Nina has had mental health issues.  You can't really ignore it now. and if Millowtonin have a child (i know, i know, no more babies. i'm just saying) - that would also be a factor. 

I would also actually - like them to do a reverse Alexis/Sam. Sam and Alexis (obviously) got to a great place - but imo it would be kinda cool if Willow and Nina didn't. not just because of Harmony  - but i just feel - the story is stronger. Nina has two daughters, one is dead, and she really doesn't cotton to the other because of both their actions.  be cordial and stuff but don't go out of your way to force the relationship. Let Nina find a "Trina" to mentor and all and be close to her like Trina is with Ava. she doesn't need Willow

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lugal said:

I'd swear they don't know what to do with Inga Cadranel so they just crib ideas from previous shows she was in.  Complicated relationship with a daughter while she was under the thumb of a villain.  Kinda like Aife and Bo on Lost Girl.  Now she was involved in hiding a baby in an undocumented underground kind of way.  Where have I seen that before...?

Oh yeah, Orphan Black!  

Harmony was on Orphan Black?! I loved that show! But I have no recollection of her or her character, which I just looked up on IMDB. 

I assume that Harmony is not long for this show. Now that Nina is Willow’s mother, Harmony has no ties to any other character. The only question is, will she go to jail for Neil’s murder or will someone (the blackmailing brother?) take her out. Too bad, Harmony was kind of growing on me, and I was not opposed to the idea of a romance with Alexis. Maybe NLG would have had enough clout to keep a gay relationship front burner and out of the closet.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Harmony was on Orphan Black?! I loved that show! But I have no recollection of her or her character, which I just looked up on IMDB. 

I assume that Harmony is not long for this show. Now that Nina is Willow’s mother, Harmony has no ties to any other character. The only question is, will she go to jail for Neil’s murder or will someone (the blackmailing brother?) take her out. Too bad, Harmony was kind of growing on me, and I was not opposed to the idea of a romance with Alexis. Maybe NLG would have had enough clout to keep a gay relationship front burner and out of the closet.

Harmony has at least 2 people at this point who could likely kill her, Ryan and Neil’s brother, and Ryan could kill Esme as well. Things could get interesting this Summer or Fall in regards to what Ryan might do, assuming the writers don’t take forever on that storyline

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Willow commits the worst sin a fictional character can - she's boring.

Though, honestly, I remember Nelle being pretty boring, too. She was completely ineffectual as Carly 2.0 (because Carly Must Always Win) and then they tried to course-correct by making her a total psychopathic black widow, which never really made sense and at that point, who cared? Not me, that's for sure.

Why they didn't cast Chloe Lanier as one of the Baldwin girls is beyond me.

Like Serena?  It would be nice for Scott to have one of this kids around and not hve them get offed.

• Love 3
On 4/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, statsgirl said:

Carly is the star of the show.  There is no story value to Nelle showing  up and blaming Frank.

I don’t think psychopath fits. They can’t experience empathy.  For all Carly’s defects, she is capable of empathy.  She is definitely a malignant narcissist though.  With some real anger issues and possibly some kind of bizarre OCD that creates her control issues.

she really did deserve to be medicated to the point of being. Drooling zombie by Mary Pat.

• Love 2