Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Not that time is something that's treated logically on this show, but it seemed like Valentin was still at the MetroCourt when the court stuff was starting. I think Julian is likely the (extremely reluctant) groom.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Re: Julian as Nelle's groom. How this could possibly help her is another question because I can’t fathom a scenario where marrying an ex-felon who tried to kill his wife would help her case. 

I think it does actually make sense. Julian is someone that Wiley has known his whole life as family. That takes away an edge that Michael has since Michael has been around him his whole life while Nelle has not. It also erases the Willow edge as someone who was "real" family who spent time with him as she was his "mother." Julian was his "grandfather" so there's family that Wiley will be comfortable with while with Nelle until he gets to know her better.

In addition, there's the whole 'two parent household' that Nelle can now offer.

Plus, Julian, yes, has a criminal past, but he offers proof that someone like Nelle CAN turn her life around since he did that very thing himself and is now a productive, law-abiding member of society. Voila!

• Love 4

I know there isn't time/money to reshoot when people flub lines but two in today's show really bugged.

Laura used the word donaters instead of donors about a fund raiser. Blech.

And Sasha referenced "turning a toad into a swan" yeesh.

Also, that actress doesn't have the chops for an addiction story, please show. Stop.

• Love 4

I'm still chuckling at the slow close-up of the coke vial.  I'm shocked the show didn't give into the urge of a giant blinking COCAINE sign flashing across the screen.

Chloe looked really pretty in her 'wedding' dress.  And I just cannot wait for Carly, Michael et al to be pissed that she just check mated the move they thought was a slam dunk for them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

And Sasha referenced "turning a toad into a swan" yeesh.

Yes, but my yeesh was about how good she looked without all that much makeup on. 

Willow's reply about her last name being Corinthos bugged the shit out of me.

And Sasha as a coke head is not going to go over that well. And how much did she have? Isn't that enough to kill a horse?

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Also, that actress doesn't have the chops for an addiction story, .

True. But how else would we know how wonderful Michael is if Sasha doesn't develop an addiction at losing him?

• LOL 9
On 5/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

People keep talking about Willow's obsession with Wiley and I'm not seeing it. She thought he was her son and that love for him didn't switch off when she found out he wasn't. She wants the best life for him, yet despite that she didn't jump at the chance to marry Michael. Chase and Sasha had to come up with a plot to get her to do it.

I'm not a mob apologist either, but I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if someone locked the person who tried to murder me on a roof, especially if I thought my kid's well-being was at stake. Michael didn't put his mother up to it and didn't know about it beforehand. Him not caring that it happened does not put him on the same level as Nelle, who would have thrown someone off the roof if she thought it served her purposes and then acted like that person was to blame and she was the actual victim. 

THIS. Willow intended to walk away from Wiley after the truth came out, but then Michael and Sasha pressured her to stay in his life and in her heart she didn't truly want to walk away. She wasn't excited to be a family with Michael and Wiley; she reluctantly agreed to it for Wiley's sake whereas Michael is clearly happy they got married.

Nelle has thrown Brad under the bus, knowing that out of two of them he is the "innocent one" and claiming to be his friend. She knows that Wiley was/is attached to Brad and Lucas as his parents, but intended to leave town and for Wiley to never see either of them again. I can't recall a single conversation Nelle has had about Wiley that wasn't about deceiving/getting revenge on Michael and Carly or trying to prove she has the ultimate authority over what happens to Wiley because she is his biological mother.  Even in the conversation with Martin, she made it sound like visiting Wiley in the hospital was about putting on a show for the nurses so they could be called as witnesses in court. She referred to him as the "kid" and Martin told her not to do that, and to cry in court. It all makes me think she doesn't actually care about a mother-son relationship or if Wiley will have a good life. Say what you will about Michael and Willow, but they are both attached to him because of the bonds they've formed with him. Willow, especially, does not see Wiley as an object/some "kid." 

If the Show really wants to keep drawing parallels between Nelle and Carly, Nelle will show up to court with her new significant other/husband - her bio mother's (ex) husband, Valentin. Speaking of marriage, did Michael ever legally marry Nelle? I just remember she was pregnant, Michael and Nelle were having a wedding ceremony in the Q mansion (right about where Michael and Willow got married), and Carly interrupted it. So I don't recall if they finished and then it was annulled, or what.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If the Show really wants to keep drawing parallels between Nelle and Carly, Nelle will show up to court with her new significant other/husband - her bio mother's (ex) husband, Valentin. Speaking of marriage, did Michael ever legally marry Nelle? I just remember she was pregnant, Michael and Nelle were having a wedding ceremony in the Q mansion (right about where Michael and Willow got married), and Carly interrupted it. So I don't recall if they finished and then it was annulled, or what.

Nelle signed the marriage license I think with the invisible ink pen, so it was never legal. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She knows that Wiley was/is attached to Brad and Lucas as his parents, but intended to leave town and for Wiley to never see either of them again.

I can't recall a single conversation Nelle has had about Wiley that wasn't about deceiving/getting revenge on Michael and Carly or trying to prove she has the ultimate authority over what happens to Wiley because she is his biological mother. 

Regarding your first point, she had no intention of doing that until she found out that Brad and Lucas were taking Wiley across the country. She was on parole and couldn't leave the state so she wouldn't see her son for years. That is why she did it. And when she set that all in motion, it wasn't about getting revenge/hurting Michael/Carly because they didn't know about Wiley at that point so it wasn't a loss to them. She wanted to be with her child.

As to the second point, she had a long conversation with Nina about the childhood she wanted to provide for Wiley, one that was denied her. She wanted to have a front porch that he could play on, with a tree in the front yard. She never had that kind of childhood, it was her dream childhood and she wanted to do that for him. And that wasn't for Nina's benefit to get someone on her side because at that point she hadn't been told by Marty that she needed a character witness.

And, also to that point, who would Nelle talk to sincerely about Wiley? Seriously, who? Other than Nina--and she *did* have a real conversation with her about her hopes and dreams for Wiley--she has no one she can have that type of conversation with about her child.

She also showed that she was concerned about him when she wanted to know what kind of surgery they were performing on him. She had the exact same questions and concerns that Michael did about the (elective) surgery. The difference is that Monica took the time and patience to explain to Michael why it should happen. With Nelle, she was told 'sign this, do this," and her concerns were brushed off as if she was being unreasonable.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Nelle signed the marriage license I think with the invisible ink pen, so it was never legal. 

Maybe that's why she doesn't trust what the Corinthos/Quartermaines say about Wylie's medical condition.

Edited by statsgirl
typo!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I can’t fathom a scenario where marrying an ex-felon who tried to kill his wife would help her case. 

Which is another reason why I don't think it's Julian.  I think she went to Julian to blackmail him into helping her find someone suitable, but I'm really hoping they aren't stupid enough to write it that it's Julian himself.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, driver18 said:

I think it does actually make sense. Julian is someone that Wiley has known his whole life as family

Really? When from what I could see, Lucas was determined to keep Julian out of his life and his son's' life? How long and how often did Julian even get to see or visit with Wiley? Wiley is too young at this point to "know" what family means. He's such a happy baby (and that's due to the actual baby and not the character), and smiles at practically everyone. I have yet to see him be cranky or cry or refuse to go to any adult that wants to hold or cuddle him.

Julian knows him his whole life as family, but from what I've read here, he hasn't been around for Wiley to call him grampa or know him as a grandfather.

I'm not sure what happened--maybe the show runners decided they wanted Chloe to remain on the show, so they did a quick and sudden retcon of her suddenly caring about Wiley. Because he was nothing but a weapon before.

And all that talk with Nina about what she wanted and her childhood? The softening of Nelle? I call RETCON.

And because I loathe the SLS so much, and the harpy that spawned him, it's for that reason alone that I don't want him to get full custody of Wiley. If this was still the soap from the 80s and 90s, we'd get a judge who was Solomon, and who would give Wiley back to Lucas.

But it's not. And I'm positive that the SLS will get custody. This is the show that took Georgie away from Maxie for lying about Georgie's parentage. Like forever. As if Maxie had abused Georgie, and so full custody FOREVER to Jar-Jar Binks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Which is another reason why I don't think it's Julian.  I think she went to Julian to blackmail him into helping her find someone suitable, but I'm really hoping they aren't stupid enough to write it that it's Julian himself.  

Maybe she could marry Lucas.  Yes, I know he's gay.  But, if Michael and Willow can have a marriage of convenience, why not Lucas and Nelle.

Or Dillon Quartermaine could come back and she could marry him.  I'm not really sure why/how that would happen, but it sure would create a lot of drama.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Maybe she could marry Lucas.  Yes, I know he's gay.  But, if Michael and Willow can have a marriage of convenience, why not Lucas and Nelle.

Because Lucas can't stand Nelle. And this show has already demonstrated that they don't care about Lucas in this story. He very quickly gave up Wiley; he didn't fight for him, like you see so many adopted parents to in movies and other shows.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because Lucas can't stand Nelle. And this show has already demonstrated that they don't care about Lucas in this story. He very quickly gave up Wiley; he didn't fight for him, like you see so many adopted parents to in movies and other shows.

But, offscreen Lucas has changed his mind and has decided he will do whatever it takes to get Wiley back.  That's why we haven't seen him. so, we'll be surprised when this happens.  Or, he'll do it to keep Julian from getting in trouble for almost killing him (JK, I would hope that wouldn't happen).

18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lucas!

(I'm kidding, but wouldn't that make Carly swallow her tongue)

I actually came here to suggest this. I have no idea how she would convince him to go along with it, but would be a genius move. He's a strong member of the community with a highly respectable job and he was the first father Lucas knew. It would be so soapy and I'd love it. It would be fun to see Carly freak out and how she and Bobbie would handle it. And can you imagine how Brad would react? Is Brad still on the show?

I honestly don't think she married Julian. They already made is believe that so it's not a good cliffhanger unless she married someone else.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

offscreen Lucas has changed his mind

Offscreen Lucas would also have to divorce Brad before he could remarry.  

I'm all for it being Lucas, but that's way too creative for these writers.  

• Love 2

I think she married Julian, but it would have been such a better story if she had married Valentin and got full or partial custody of Wylie. Because it would kill the Quartermaines to know that Valentin had custody of Wylie...when he becomes the major stakeholder in ELQ. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Today's "classic" episode was actually worth rewatching. Sonny does something for Mike other than yelling at him to answer him or eat his meal or remember.

And we got those flashbacks to eps that predated 2017! 

People's reactions to Ned—sorry, Eddie Maine—singing were hilarious, from Sonny's out-of-time bopping to Jason's expression of "Oh, so this is what music sounds like."

• Love 1
(edited)

The whole Michael needs to marry Willow thing was stupid and antiquated.  But at least having now married, you can argue that their intentions are for Wiley and creating a family for him.

Nelle marrying a person who doesn't even like her is absolutely ludicrous.  The idea that a quicky wedding to a person with whom she didn't have any form of prior relationship, whether Julian or some stand in, is bonkers and in NO WAY counter's Michael marriage to Willow, as stupid as that plot point was.

I hope this show is not going to try to sell me on the idea that a marriage, however baseless in fraudulently entered into, is all that matters.

Edited by RachelKM
45 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I hope this show is not going to try to sell me on the idea that a marriage, however baseless in fraudulently entered into, is all that matters.

Why else would both Michael and Nelle have quickie weddings, then? The whole idea that a family has to include two married heteros is dated, to say the least, as well as wildly insulting.

• Love 7
(edited)
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why else would both Michael and Nelle have quickie weddings, then? The whole idea that a family has to include two married heteros is dated, to say the least, as well as wildly insulting.

Michael's marriage is materially different from Nelle's apparent marriage.

I do not think it was necessary for Michael to be married.  A marriage alone should not establish anything.  An existing stable relationship that creates a loving environment for Wiley is a benefit. But the original argument was that Michael getting married was the idea, not expressly marrying a person who would want to be a parent to Wiley. Sasha was in no way thinking of being a mother or getting married.

However, the marriage that Michael actually entered into is about creating a family for Wiley with a person who is choosing to be in his life in a parental role for his life (whether that will be the result is another story.)

But even marrying Sasha was at least a situation in which it was adding marriage to an existing healthy relationship.

Nelle's apparent marriage is literally solely a stunt with no basis in love, friendship, or caring as to Nelle or Wiley. That leaves the solely legal status of "married" as the relevant issue if Nelle's marriage is presented as equal to or "checkmating" Michael's marriage.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

Nelle's apparent marriage is literally solely a stunt with no basis in love, friendship, or caring as to Nelle or Wiley. That leaves the solely legal status of "married" as the relevant issue if Nelle's marriage is presented as equal to or "checkmating" Michael's marriage.

We know this, but the judge doesn't, so the quickie marriages should be treated as equally spurious. (They won't, of course, because anything Nelle does is automatically OMG TEH EVUL.)

And IMO, Willow was somewhat emotionally blackmailed into marrying Michael, what with everyone continually telling her how good for Wiley it would be. It's no secret Wiley is her weak spot. I don't see that Nelle's marriage is such a huge step down from that. None of the four entered into their marriages out of love for their partner.

• Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

We know this, but the judge doesn't, so the quickies marriages should be treated as equally spurious.

Not really.  The quickness of the marriages is not the only thing which is apparent without further investigation.

Michael and Willow are both people whom Wiley knows and who have been care providers for him since his infancy. They both love Wiley and Willow is trained in early child education.

Nelle has almost no relationship with her son, a fact which is her own fault whether you buy her "my child was stolen while I was unconscious" bullshit or not.  She was in prison since he was born.  And no matter who she married, that person is not someone who will provide a stable environment for him. 

If its Julian, Wiley knows him as his grandpa.  But they really didn't spend a lot of time together and he was never a caregiver to Wiley.  He's a known fomer mobster. And Julian and Nelle have no history of friendship.

If it's someone else, it is someone Wiley doesn't know and who also had no history with Nelle.

So even without investigating the nature of the marriages, the marriages are different on their faces. 

The who story is dumb.  Nelle shouldn't even be out of prison and the reasons for dropping assault charges after she forced her way into Willow and Chase's apartment and knocked Willow unconscious were utterly ridiculous. And a quick marriage is not a thing that should be looked on favorably by a court.

But in a world in which a last minute marriage can be a plus, these two marriages are still not similar in nature.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, driver18 said:

Regarding your first point, she had no intention of doing that until she found out that Brad and Lucas were taking Wiley across the country. She was on parole and couldn't leave the state so she wouldn't see her son for years. 

it was her dream childhood and she wanted to do that for him. And that wasn't for Nina's benefit to get someone on her side because at that point she hadn't been told by Marty that she needed a character witness.

And, also to that point, who would Nelle talk to sincerely about Wiley? Seriously, who? Other than Nina--and she *did* have a real conversation with her about her hopes and dreams for Wiley--she has no one she can have that type of conversation with about her child.

She also showed that she was concerned about him when she wanted to know what kind of surgery they were performing on him. She had the exact same questions and concerns that Michael did about the (elective) surgery. The difference is that Monica took the time and patience to explain to Michael why it should happen. With Nelle, she was told 'sign this, do this," and her concerns were brushed off as if she was being unreasonable.

She told Brad that she was giving her newborn son to him and to Lucas to raise, that she didn't want Michael to raise "my son." What she actually meant was, "I'm giving you my son for safekeeping, and then when I get out of prison I'm coming for him."  She didn't care that he was in a home where he was loved after she made the choice that he should be there. By intending to take off with Wiley, she disregarded all the bonds he's formed with people and thus his sense of security. That's not love as far as I'm concerned. 

I don't necessarily agree about the conversation. It is rather well-known at this point that Nina was pregnant and it's not firmly/officially known what happened to that pregnancy. It's well known that Nina has been obsessed on and off with being a mother.  For someone who thinks like Nelle and wants what Nelle wants, there is no better target for manipulation for empathy and gaining an ally. I sort of assume that scene was more about the Show setting up an "I know/I've bonded with my child already" plot point for Nina whenever the reveal happens that Nelle is hers.  Also, I just think Nelle is generally delusional in life.

I remember that Nelle had concerns about Wiley's surgery. Monica approached her with articles, and Nelle walked away dismissively. Nelle said something about not wanting to hear from Monica's surgeon colleagues - it came off to me like well she's your grandmother so whatever she says, and whatever anyone connected to her says, is suspect. Monica is a surgeon,so she does have expertise. And yes she's a grandmother, so she is invested in Wiley's good health. It's not like she's eager for someone to cut into her toddler great grandson. It's not a life threatening situation right now, but it would help his quality of life. It's not as if Michael's family was pushing for Wiley to get a nosejob.  

The very idea that Michael had to get married to win this custody case was dumb, so I'm not sure why Nelle's quickie marriage crosses some line or is seen as a much more obvious ploy than Michael's. 

This entire storyline is stupid. They didn't have Nelle get married for it to mean nothing. The judge will look at both prospective parents as providing two-parent households putting them on equal footing. Michael thought he was getting an edge over Nelle, and she played his same game. Good! I love it! I hope the judge grants them joint custody . . . . better yet . . . give Nelle primary custody and Michael weekend visits!!! That would make my week! 

Anything to burst Michael's bubble and wipe that smug look off Carly's face works for me. I hate that witch and the pathetic mama's boy she raised! They both make me sick, so if Nelle can get any temporary victories in this arc (I know they will not last b/c this is GH and Michael/Carly are always destined to win), I will savor those moments. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

The very idea that Michael had to get married to win this custody case was dumb, so I'm not sure why Nelle's quickie marriage crosses some line or is seen as a much more obvious ploy than Michael's. 

As has been said, to the judge they should be treated as equal.  Hell, Michael did everything but look at Willow's teeth to make sure she was the right choice to be Wiley's "mother."  It was all so very gross: Sasha = bad choice, Willow = everyone's ideal. 

• Love 4

Whoever Nelle has married, I hope it compensates for Martin not being able to eviscerate Michael on the stand. I got the impression from the meeting with Diane that he was looking forward to it:

"Tell me Mr Corinthos, is this you with model Sasha Gilmour at the Metro Court last week? Were you living with Ms. Gilmour at the time? And Mrs. Corinthos, where was she living them?  The two of you have only been together for less than a week?  Just to confirm, you're telling me that one week ago that you were both living with other people?  Tell me, how is it that you ended your relationship with Ms. Gilmour and married the present Mrs. Corinthos? 

Were you having an affair behind the backs of your partners?  Or is this "marriage" a mockery, an attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of this court, a mockery or a marriage, so that you can shut Ms. Benson out of the life of her only child, her son?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Those same questions could be asked of Nelle, which is why the marriage idea for both of them is ridiculous. But good for Nelle for leveling the playing field a bit. At least the writers are making a bit of effort here.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Anything to burst Michael's bubble and wipe that smug look off Carly's face works for me. I hate that witch and the pathetic mama's boy she raised! They both make me sick, so if Nelle can get any temporary victories in this arc (I know they will not last b/c this is GH and Michael/Carly are always destined to win), I will savor those moments. 

I have a sinking suspicion that Nelle will win, at least temporarily. However, I doubt the fake marriages will be a tipping point for either side. I think Carly is going to tank the case for Michael, either through the court finding out about her forging Nelle’s signature, locking her on the roof, her threatening Martin, or all of the above. While that shouldn’t be a factor normally, she’s been so actively involved in this and Michael wouldn’t separate himself from her with the way they have him written now. 

• Love 2

Finally saw the wedding. Right before Willow said her vows, Carly and Sonny exchanged a smug look which I interpreted to mean as "Yes, soon there will be more babies for us to hoard!" Also, the camera cuts immediately to Sonny right after Willow says "until we are parted by death". I highly doubt it's foreshadowing of any kind - this show is not capable of that kind of subtlety but I thought it was hilarious. As for the look on Willow's face before and during the ceremony, I'd look like that too if I realized I was marrying Carly*.

*Not a typo. Michael can't do anything without Carly and she is going to be as involved in that marriage as Willow and Michael.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Those same questions could be asked of Nelle, which is why the marriage idea for both of them is ridiculous.

Yeah, that's why I hope Nelle's marriage is going to be worth it, because she tanked her lawyer's best defense.

(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, Sake614 said:

But here's the thing: Mo is such a God-awful actor that I just can't feel what I should. When he has to literally rub his eyes to squeeze out a single tear and even then can't project any other emotion with his voice or face, it's hard to be drawn in. Instead I just roll my eyes

I hate when he does that, he looks like a freaking toddler.

I am actually looking forward to Sasha becoming a cokehead - think of all the hilarious bad acting, like on Saved By the Bell when Jessie was on speed.

https://tenor.com/wJQb.gif

Edited by Kiki777
  • LOL 1

I guess it’s a good thing that I’m sores these “Classic” episodes? Because the show was preempted three times this week, and ever since they went to four new shows, not a single of the repeats has been available for me to see On Demand. Well, after the first one in late March, that is. And the ABC app don’t have them available to watch, either.

So which Nurses Ball did they show yesterday?

I zoomed through the last two weeks and the only scenes worth watching were of Mac being awesome COP, and the ones with Robert. I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ his snark toward Heinrik about how can he still live while Holly is dead. Which she totally isn’t! And I just 🙄🙄🙄🙄 at Anna’s diatribe about how Robert always goes off half cocked, refusing to accept the “truth”. Oh? Like how he insisted Robin wasn’t dead and he proved to you she was alive? That kind of refusal? This show is so STOOPID when it has the characters accept death as truth, when so many have returned from the dead! Especially Anna herself who was thought to have blown up!

The other thing I didn’t care for was how that totally ignored Holly and Robert’s marriage and how they were the show’s Nick and Nora. Instead they acted like Holly never stopped being a con artist! The fact that she went back to it when she showed up in 2006 is beside the point.😒😒😒😒😒

And while Willow looked uncomfortable during the wedding (I fast forwarded that crap), she looked and sounded smug as she referred to herself as “Mrs. Michael Corinthos” and tucked her arm under the SLS’s. Didn’t take long for her to assimilate now, did it?

How many rings did Lila have? Because I remember the more classy one that Jaysus out on Sam’s finger when they got married years ago, telling her it had belonged to Lila.

Oh, never mind.

Well, the judge looked and sounded like a no-nonsense type. Let’s see what happens.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So which Nurses Ball did they show yesterday?

They didn't.  They showed the episode from 2018 where Sonny had the MetroCourt converted to Luke's old jazz club for a night for Mike.

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They didn't.  They showed the episode from 2018 where Sonny had the MetroCourt converted to Luke's old jazz club for a night for Mike.

Okay thanks! Didn’t need to see it then!

I guess I got confused when I read something about Ned singing?

I just had a thought. What if the show is trying to make us think that Nelle is Nina's daughter because she has the necklace, but she actually got it from Shiloh? Nelle could even find out about Nina and the necklace and trick Nina into believing Nelle is her daughter since she has the necklace and then it will come out that Shiloh got it from Harmony and it was always Willow's. That could be a soapy story.

• Useful 1

Willow being Nina's daughter after all would be a soapy twist  but I think watching it play out would be the less exciting option. Willow already had the combined forces of the Corinthos and Quartermaine families behind her plus Chase, Finn, Sasha, Jax, Laura, Lulu, Liz, Maxie and just about every other person in Port Charles who takes a minute to think about it. Willow has Michael, gets Wylie and Nina; Snow White takes all. End of potential for conflict.

(edited)
55 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I just had a thought. What if the show is trying to make us think that Nelle is Nina's daughter because she has the necklace, but she actually got it from Shiloh? Nelle could even find out about Nina and the necklace and trick Nina into believing Nelle is her daughter since she has the necklace and then it will come out that Shiloh got it from Harmony and it was always Willow's. That could be a soapy story.

It's NOT just about Nelle having the necklace; it's the fact that alongside with showing Nelle having the necklace they did the side by side split-screen shot. They also have shown bonding mother/daughter type scenes with Nelle/Nina. If there is going to any kind of soapy twist at this point, it likely will be that *both* Nelle and Willow are Nina's daughters.

ETA: Plus, more importantly.... young Nelle had the necklace in the Carly flashback episodes.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, driver18 said:
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's NOT just about Nelle having the necklace; it's the fact that alongside with showing Nelle having the necklace they did the side by side split-screen shot. They also have shown bonding mother/daughter type scenes with Nelle/Nina. If there is going to any kind of soapy twist at this point, it likely will be that *both* Nelle and Willow are Nina's daughters.

ETA: Plus, more importantly.... young Nelle had the necklace in the Carly flashback episodes.

Taking my response to the spoiler and speculation thread.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow being Nina's daughter after all would be a soapy twist  but I think watching it play out would be the less exciting option. Willow already had the combined forces of the Corinthos and Quartermaine families behind her plus Chase, Finn, Sasha, Jax, Laura, Lulu, Liz, Maxie and just about every other person in Port Charles who takes a minute to think about it. Willow has Michael, gets Wylie and Nina; Snow White takes all. End of potential for conflict.

Well she is a Corinthos now so would actually match up with her getting everything.

(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Well she is a Corinthos now so would actually match up with her getting everything.

Sure. If marrying Michael had been the thing that she wanted in the first place, which it wasn't.

I do so hope this whole thing blows up in everyone's faces.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

I'm starting to despise Nelle for her endless repetition of the "Brad stole my baby while I was unconscious" lie as much if not more than I despised Robin for her endless repetition of the "I did the right thing" excuse for her betrayal of Jason re: telling AJ about him being Michael's paternal DNA donor.  

(edited)

In my little Nellantine heart, I am still hoping the show pulls a fast one on us and it's Valentine that is Nelle's husband. After all, she knows that he bought her stock, she's a smart cookie. Maybe Julian did tell her to go to hell, and she rushed to find an alternative and Valentine was it. She played a hunch and it paid off!

Their little interactions in the past, him not only being the major Q shareholder, but ALSO being Wiley's stepfather? Plus, finding out that Nina is Nelle's mother with the Valentine/Nina history??! Hoo boy! So much to mine there. And come on, you know that the show would love to make Sonny and Valentine truly enemies!

The one big reason (OK, other than the show not being good enough to go for that obvious, soapy so delicious is practically writes itself story) I can see this not happening is that, well, would Nina still testify for Nelle if she sees her there in her wedding gala with Valentine as her groom? Probably not.... even though Nina did the EXACT same thing to help Valentine get Charlotte.

GOSH! More soapy goodness there!!!

Ugh, I really want my Nellantine! {{Pouts}}

Edited by driver18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

Their little interactions in the past, him not only being the major Q shareholder, but ALSO being Wiley's stepfather? Plus, finding out that Nina is Nelle's mother with the Valentine/Nina history??! Hoo boy! So much to mine there. And come on, you know that the show would love to make Sonny and Valentine truly enemies!

Valentine is completely indifferent to Nelle and couldn't be bothered by her. She didn't weaseled herself to Oscar's shares via the Shiloh's marriage and that was the only reason that he did business with her. If she threatened to reveal his plans to take over ELQ, he would more likely make her disappear like he did Claudette and considering no one likes her in Port Charles, she wouldn't be missed nor would Valentine be on the list of suspects for making her to diappear.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, lala2 said:

This entire storyline is stupid. They didn't have Nelle get married for it to mean nothing. The judge will look at both prospective parents as providing two-parent households putting them on equal footing. Michael thought he was getting an edge over Nelle, and she played his same game. Good! I love it! I hope the judge grants them joint custody . . . . better yet . . . give Nelle primary custody and Michael weekend visits!!! That would make my week! 

I wish I could Like the post a million times!

• Love 1

Well, I stand corrected, the show stupidly went with Julian as the blushing groom.  Though I did get a chuckle at the look on Julian's face when he came into the courtroom.  I still have a hard time believing Julian went along with the blackmail.  It would literally have been his word against Nelle's about the car accident.  

I love that Alexis found Brando a hottie while idiot Sam is all, "i don't see it".  Eh, shut up Sam.  (also did KM have something done to her lips because that's all I could see during her scenes).  

• Love 1

"Blink once if you need rescuing." *Alexis blinks once ostentatiously* Hee.

Why is Sam so obnoxious to Brando all. the. time? He did nothing wrong. Molly did nothing wrong. The two of them did nothing wrong together. Ugh. 

Of course Sonny has to barge into the TJ/Molly celebration, once by going to the table and another time by sending over champagne.

I loved Julian's reluctance to enter the courtroom. I knew he'd be the groom. The judge had better scrutinize Michael and Willow's marriage license as hard as he did Nelle and Julian's.

• Love 5