Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 18 – Helena Bonham Carter (“The Crown”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 19 – Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, Nov. 20 – Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Nov. 21 – Jamie Lee Curtis (“Knives Out”); Mark Ruffalo and Robert Bilott (“Dark Waters”)

Friday, Nov. 22 – Dolly Parton (“Heartstrings”)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Are you sure that this entire week is preempted? There's a new show on right now.

Just saw this:

As lawmakers prepare to hear from former ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor and State Department official George Kent on Wednesday, the committee announced five hearings between Tuesday, Nov. 19, and Thursday, Nov. 21.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, JayD83 said:

Didn't they just have this same Pete/African American/IOWA/3% conversation last week or did I dream it? 

Kind of. But during the weekend Pete's campaign came out with something that they said was endorsed by prominent black people in SC only for those people to be like "This is the first I'm hearing about it." His campaign also used a stock photo of Kenyans instead of African Americans. So they were discussing his mistakes and how he's killing badly with black voters and this isn't helping him.

• Love 3
Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

Kind of. But during the weekend Pete's campaign came out with something that they said was endorsed by prominent black people in SC only for those people to be like "This is the first I'm hearing about it." His campaign also used a stock photo of Kenyans instead of African Americans. So they were discussing his mistakes and how he's killing badly with black voters and this isn't helping him.

Oh ok.  Thanks for that.  I turned down the volume because MM's yelling was disturbing my dogs. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Well, I was pretty interested in seeing how The View was going to slander Buttigieg today and they didn’t disappoint. They’ve shown their explicit bias throughout this primary in the favor of one candidate over all others, but I have to say I was the most disappointed in Sunny. I thought she would be better than that.

McCain keeps re-drawing the line every time somebody comes up ahead of her fav—now New Hampshire is all that matters, not Iowa. What happens when the candidate she’s pulling for loses both Iowa and New Hampshire? I for sure thought she was going to bring up Whoopi’s “nothing matters yet” tagline—you know the one she’s always argued with up to now—to discount Buttigieg’s huge pull ahead because she’s that much of a liar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Whoopie, some of us already thought your family is a bunch of leeches, you didn't need to confirm that with the "my family ate the entire lasagna that Joy made for my birthday " story.

Did Joy insult the guest at the end of the interview?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Not even two minutes in, and Meghan is full of it.  Buttigieg was never "in the Beto lane" and changed his position because "he read the tea leaves on that".  And he didn't just release his Douglass Plan; it's been out since July.  It's the story about the stock photo that came out this weekend.

And then Whoopie oh so seriously says that the campaign needs to take the time to get things right, but the hosts, with the considerable audience this show has, also have a responsibility to get the facts right, and they don't always seem to take the care to do so and only occasionally correct themselves (and they are, after all, part of the news division). 

I guess being "totally American" means you don't have to know the history of anywhere else.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Not even two minutes in, and Meghan is full of it.  Buttigieg was never "in the Beto lane" and changed his position because "he read the tea leaves on that". 

So true. He and Beto have had almost nothing in common. And I noticed this horrible story about his campaign was old when Sunny was reading his campaign's response to the controversy by saying they took down the picture in September. Why is something that happened ages ago being talked about on The View as if it happened just yesterday as soon as he takes the lead?

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why is something that happened ages ago being talked about on The View as if it happened just yesterday as soon as he takes the lead?

I think we know the answer to that. So much more to talk about and they talk about this.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why is something that happened ages ago being talked about on The View as if it happened just yesterday as soon as he takes the lead?

It is interesting that the story about the stock photo being of people from Kenya happened to come out this weekend.

7 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I'm surprised they have guests booked for Thursday. That will be another day of public testimony in the impeachment investigation.

There's only a morning witness scheduled, so the hearing might be over in time for the west coast to get a new episode, and who knows, maybe even the rest of the country.  Then Congress is off for their Thanksgiving break, so they might want to get an early start.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Are you sure that this entire week is preempted? There's a new show on right now.

I'm not talking about today, the entire week starting Tuesday will be a bunch of testimonies. john krasinski GIF 

• LOL 2

Did anyone else notice when Whoopie was telling the first half of the lasagna story, Meghan had her arms crossed?  She never sits that way; she was unconsciously showing her resentment at not being given one.  She says she cooks; the recipe's online; she could make it herself. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

MM has said "the cast has died" before.  At least this time she seems to acknowledge that she doesn't seem to know this quote/saying.   I'm a second language learner and I know the correct quote.  Also agree with what someone said upthread, MM's voice is so screechy!  I sometimes have to mute her.  There have been times when she has said something I agree with but her voice just irritates me so much that I can't focus on her actual words.

I don't know why they don't seem to care for Pete Buttigieg.  He is a vet, part of a minority group, seems thoughtful and measured when he speaks, and appears to really care for our country and Constitution.  At the very least, be respectful of him.  (I am not really a supporter of him, although I do like him 🙂 ).

Did I miss them talking about the inquiry?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just saw this:

As lawmakers prepare to hear from former ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor and State Department official George Kent on Wednesday, the committee announced five hearings between Tuesday, Nov. 19, and Thursday, Nov. 21.

Isn't the the same schedule as last week? Monday and Friday wouldn't be pre-empted?

• Love 1

West coast here, seems to be a new show.  I am only 6 minutes in and have told MM to shut up twice and hit the 30 second FF button twice.  Last week is just a distant pleasant memory.  Now my stomach is upset. 🤢. Is it just me or does she seem to mansplain a lot?  And does it with much condescension.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I thought Joy was starting to say, sorry that was so short.

I think so, too, since HBC was just then taking her cardigan off, not realizing that the interview was about done.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Yep I was scheduled to attend the live show on Wednesday but it’s been canceled due to the impeachment hearings they said. 

Dam!  That sux!  They should do like the sports arenas do and open the seats to the public, many times for free, and then show the event on all the big screens.  And then discuss the next day

• Love 1

Yes, Joy apologized to HBC for the short segment.  HBC had just removed her jacket and appeared to be settling in, and it was over.  Because they have important stuff to talk about, like the now not important Iowa primary, and Michael Bloomberg, and Whoopi's gluttonous family.  And btw, a frozen lasagne can also be baked so not sure why that mattered.

If MeAgain says she can never get a saying right, she should just avoid using that saying.  

Whoopi tells her she has time for her spiel about her trip last week.  MeAgain wastes a minute  telling Whoopi and us that the teleprompter is telling Whoopi to wrap.  Whoopi assures her they have allowed the time for her.  MeAgain is concerned because she doesn't want to be rushed.  She is flustered and says she is no good with time, and this is why she is not the moderator. 😵  MeAgain then proceeds to speed talk her way through her topic.  She wastes more time telling ABC thank you for giving her the time off, and then wastes more time noting that they were preempted by the hearings so the show wasn't on anyways, then finally starts to get to the point.  She races through the whole thing so no one really knows what she is talking about, and at the end, after she is finished, she adds a bit more about Trump Jr. and the Magnitsky Act and that meeting in Trump Tower.  She actually had some important stuff wrapped up in her hyper speed speech, but who could decipher it?

Beverly Hills 90210 Brandon GIF by CBS All Access

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan: I don't want to burst anyone's bubble.

proceeds to try to burst everyone's bubble

Yes, I think all three of her kids have RSV.

Oh no thats a serious illness for babies.  They dont have the strength to fight it.  I hope theyre are in the hosp.  Dam that sux. Much as i was happy to see no Abbyannoying today, but not for that reason.  Hoping for a speedy recovery Abs!

• Love 5

I wanted to see Helena Bonham-Carter and more about The Crown, but they gave her short shrift wasting too much of the show telling us how well they get along with each other and tell the truth (if you have to say it, I don't believe it) and MM taking 3X longer than necessary talking about her giving myfather's Magnitsky award to the next recipient.  When you've only got one guest, let them talk!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

The cast has died??!!! What a moron.

That would have been a great gag for Halloween.  The 'CAST' has 'DIED', and they could all corpses or zombies.  I love it!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

People use idioms because they know and understand them and they roll of the tongue.  Unless you are Meegun, who obviously doesn't read anything but blue cards and wasn't paying attention in school.  She should not try using idoms, metaphors, or anything else she is clueless about. 

I also remember when she'd only been on The View a month or two she was implying that someone was pregnant and said something weird about rabbits, not the intended idiom "the rabbit died".  But using rabbits in pregnancy tests ended a couple of decades before she was born, so how could she possibly be expected to know it? :s

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

In one of my earlier posts today I said that The View might have scheduled guests for Thursday because only one witness was on the hearing schedule, and they might be able to do a show for the west coast. 

Well, that's changed.  Nicolle Wallace just announced on her show that another witness has been added to Thursday's hearing.  Who knows what the show will do.  Maybe they could save it for next week, and then start their Thanksgiving break a day early.

• Love 6

They sure are laying it on thick with this kumbaya-we really do love each other and it's all an act for the show schtick. Whoopi's speech and the others chiming in was heavy handed AF. I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Marigny said:

They sure are laying it on thick with this kumbaya-we really do love each other and it's all an act for the show schtick. Whoopi's speech and the others chiming in was heavy handed AF. I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes. 

Yeah, another useless topic and HBC gets one segment.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Not even two minutes in, and Meghan is full of it.  Buttigieg was never "in the Beto lane" and changed his position because "he read the tea leaves on that".  And he didn't just release his Douglass Plan; it's been out since July.  It's the story about the stock photo that came out this weekend.

And then Whoopie oh so seriously says that the campaign needs to take the time to get things right, but the hosts, with the considerable audience this show has, also have a responsibility to get the facts right, and they don't always seem to take the care to do so and only occasionally correct themselves (and they are, after all, part of the news division). 

I guess being "totally American" means you don't have to know the history of anywhere else.

Outside of the bits of history that include "my father," she's not too sharp on American history either. 

3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I didn't hear it. Sunny, Whoopi and Meghan were all on the same page, about his being sloppy  regarding people of colour.

Are her children  sick? I thought I heard the twins are ill 

She did mention all three of the kiddos being sick last week. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Did anyone else notice when Whoopie was telling the first half of the lasagna story, Meghan had her arms crossed?  She never sits that way; she was unconsciously showing her resentment at not being given one.  She says she cooks; the recipe's online; she could make it herself. 

She won't be satisfied until she actually gets one from Joy so she can post pictures to social media and use it from here until Jesus comes back to prove to us pleebs that Joy actually loves her. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Does anyone know what days the impeachment hearings are for this week?

Here is (detailed) information on the hearings this week :

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/how-watch-week-2-impeachment-hearings-schedule-witnesses-more-n1085181

8 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Sucks because this whole week will be preempted. I really wanted to see Dolly parton. 

There's nothing public scheduled for Friday, so Dolly's show should air. ☺

• Love 3