Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

It was funny, and, caught everyone off guard, when Meghan said she wanted to be like Jaime Lee Curtis when she grows up and Joy said something like, "why don't you want to be like me, you little bitch?"

I think Sunny and Abby both delayed reacting until Meghan laughed.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

Joy's home video about the lasagna making did not include mozarella!   How can you make lasagna without moz?  In an older video from The View where she's teaching Sherri to make it, she did include the moz.   Did she change up the recipe or just forget that most crucial ingredient in the newer vid?   I know they all rave about it, but it really doesn't look all that special; especially with all the layers of noodles and thin layers of sauce.   I adore Joy - and she's Italian, so what do I know - but that video fell flat.

p.s.  i found the videos online, not from the show.   But from all the lasagna talk, I had to look it up.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4

I'm so over them discussing the debates.  Every time, it's the same thing.  Joy talks up Biden, Sunny talks up Harris, Whoopi talks up Yang, Meghan complains that one of the candidates has no business being there and Abby (as always) just exists.  They're all so biased (with the exception of Abby...who exists) that it makes discussing anything that went on during the debates pointless.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

No new show here on the west coast today.  I am a big fan of JLC too,  will have to check YouTube.

Lasagna issue for me:   I Iive alone and I am perfectly happy with the single serving Michael Angelo lasagna (and the eggplant parmigiana is good too).           6 minutes in the micro and viola, add a salad, and ‘dinner’.  Secret is a good red wine 🍷.  I do have an excellent recipe from my sister but it takes 2 hours to make.  By that time I might have had “some wine.”  🤪

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

The bit with Jamie Lee Curtis was very uncomfortable because there is no doubt that JLC thinks MeAgain is an idiot.  But she was kind to her, MeAgain gushed over her and reminded her that she was the first guest after her father died 🙄 and maybe she identified with her so much because they both have famous parents.  Joy then informed that audience who Jamie's parents were and said something like they were the biggest celebrities, which I took as a bit of shade at MeAgain.

All of Meghan's  fawnings over famous people always end up just being long, awkward humble brags. If she eliminated "I", "me", and "my" from her vocabulary, she would have nothing to say.   Oh, and also "father" and "whiskey".

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm so over them discussing the debates.  Every time, it's the same thing.  Joy talks up Biden, Sunny talks up Harris, Whoopi talks up Yang, Meghan complains that one of the candidates has no business being there and Abby (as always) just exists.  They're all so biased (with the exception of Abby...who exists) that it makes discussing anything that went on during the debates pointless.  

Yessss. Especially Whoopi, she doesn't even make sense when she talks about Yang, she just makes a bunch of meaningless statements. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Show aired for me in the Canadian market.

MeAgain was on a pundint rat-a-tat-tat shriekfest about how none of this matters, she predicted Trump would win, she's been told before he will be led away in handcuffs, it didn't happen, it won't happen and then finally she YELLED at Joy:  You are not listening to me, you are not listening to me. She then snarled at Joy that the important thing is the electoral college and Joy is not getting it, and Joy replied that it was created to save slave states.  MeAgain, exasperated, muttered, oh for god's sake.  Joy was quite jovial and MeAgain was crazed during this part.  This article covers it:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mccain-joy-behar-naive-trump-impeachment

mad aidy bryant GIF by Saturday Night Live

MeAgain also said something like none of the Dem candidates on the stage could beat Trump.  But wait, what about Biden.  No one asked her about that.

Abby did a long-winded thing about how wrong all of the Ukraine stuff is, and one of them said, maybe MeAgain,  but is it illegal.  Sunny had to point out once again that it does not need to be illegal for impeachment.  Sunny also said several times that Trump would be impeached but that the Senate would not convict him.  In spite of this, MeAgain kept shrieking how wrong they were.

The bit with Jamie Lee Curtis was very uncomfortable because there is no doubt that JLC thinks MeAgain is an idiot.  But she was kind to her, MeAgain gushed over her and reminded her that she was the first guest after her father died 🙄 and maybe she identified with her so much because they both have famous parents.  Joy then informed that audience who Jamie's parents were and said something like they were the biggest celebrities, which I took as a bit of shade at MeAgain.

MeAgain did say today that no one  hates Trump more than she does, and Joy corrected her.  Also it think it was about the lasagne, MeAgain whined about it again, and Joy said I will give you lasagne if you give me your guns.  I hope I got that right.  

Abby's hair was very shiny, but she looked good.

The full episode is on hulu.

Meghan was so obnoxious doing her whole I know better than you pundit spiel. She kept saying we have been here before with proclamations of we gotta enough to get Trump. And Sunny had to correct her more than once. The issue isn't whether he did something illegal.  It's whether his actions are impeachable or not. Abby said she considers it an abuse of power. If Meghan can't acknowledge that then clearly she hasn't been paying attention. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, jungki said:

Yessss. Especially Whoopi, she doesn't even make sense when she talks about Yang, she just makes a bunch of meaningless statements. 

Bolded Statement is Whoopi in a nutcase...I mean nutshell!

4 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Lasagna issue for me:   I Iive alone and I am perfectly happy with the single serving Michael Angelo lasagna

Glad to hear this!  I'd never tried the brand but it was on sale (maybe $2.99) and the freezer door had a tear-off coupon for fifty cents.  I have a couple in my freezer...lasagna and a couple of other dishes.

• Love 8

The show came on for a little bit today, but I thought it was a re-run because Jamie Lee Curtis was just on the show a little while back, wasn't she?

11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I was thrilled this was back on until Meghan started her out of control screeching. I'm not sure how she's going to carry on if Joe Biden doesn't get the nomination.

And I'm going to enjoy all her tears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The show came on for a little bit today, but I thought it was a re-run because Jamie Lee Curtis was just on the show a little while back, wasn't she?

JLC was Megan's first guest after Myfather died, which of course Meghan pointed out and made it all about her.  I would have liked to have heard more about what Jamie is up to. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I over-slept & turned on the TV at 9:20 ... & there they were!!!  Live!!!  Love Jamie, but it was too short!!!

I love Jamie too!  We're sort of close in generations,  i aspire to  someday learn from her.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And I'm going to enjoy all her tears.

Wow, harsh, but i hear ya.  Can i ask a favor?  My student is an beautiful singer and played, and she just wants to celebrate too

Edited by Tammee
Premature submitation lol

MeAgain set the record today (yesterday, DVR) with her fast and furious talk about the Republicans, and “for me”... I wish someone would push back at her when she shrieks about the Mueller report, the smoking gun, trump being led out in handcuffs.... the Mueller report was conclusive - MM didn’t read it.  I don’t remember anyone saying he would be led out in handcuffs (other than Meghan), other than joking and wishful thinking.  And her comments on the impeachment hearings are nothing but her own thoughts.  She is not an expert on anything- except herself.  The “30,000 cast of characters” were experts on Russia, career military and Ambassadors. Did she not listen to anything they said?  She is insufferable!

• Love 24
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

.. I wish someone would push back at her when she shrieks about the Mueller report, the smoking gun, trump being led out in handcuffs.... the Mueller report was conclusive

She is acting the same away about the impeachment  Just because nothing is being done about what Trump has done/been accused of doesn't mean it's a waste of time. What does Meghan think should have been done when the whistle blower became public?  Ignored?

And if (and please God when) Trump loses next year I want Joy to get in Meghan's face and say I told you so.

I remember during the 2006 midterms Rosie O'Donnell was co host and and she needled Elisabeth Hasselback about a lot of Republicans losing. It was glorious to see EH put in her place.

• Love 19

Meghan was so rude/unprepared to be reading her notes and adding to them at the beginning of the show when Abby was talking.

Meghan said something when everybody was talking, after Sunny said the president doesn't have to do something illegal to be impeached, and neither I nor the closed captioner caught it, but Meghan said "illegal" again when she was pointing to herself.  Did she say something like she thinks the president should only be impeached if they've done something illegal?  She gets to determine on her own what the Constitution says?

Meghan - "Let's be intellectually honest" - ha!

Also Meghan - "One of the things that I pride myself in is that we can't get too sucked into the beltway and the media circles".  What?!  I honestly have no idea what exactly she's priding herself in (on) here.

(And she thinks everyone should listen to her, dammit!)

Sunny's being disingenuous when she says Buttigieg is polling at 0% with African Americans, as if there's only one poll and that's it.  While polls do show low support for him from African Americans, they usually show a number higher than 0. 

I have never, ever heard any news referred to as "iconic".  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

MM is just combative and likes to play party lines. She already told us that she sees politics as winners or losers which is why everything is black and white.

This is why she is so pissy.  She knows her team is losing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Abby comes off better because she's not that smart. So when she says she's confused but sees that this is impeachable then it helps me understand why others may be confused or lack the knowledge to get what's going on. Plus, when she gets shut down she takes it in stride and can still joke with the ladies.    ...  aka DOT...DOT...DOT

MM is just combative ....  more DOT stuff

The bolding is mine.   I think the difference is that somehow Abby felt "left out" and not as smart or accomplished as her siblings...and she has those stories of sitting alone.  Meghan on the other hand was (apparently) the perfect little princess and encouraged in all things (ALL THINGS!) by her father.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

If I were that unhappy at my place of employment all the time, I'd just quit.

But you, GoldenGirl, might have somewhere else to go...something interesting and valuable to do.  Not. Missy. McCain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19