Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Did you buy that story,  about the lasagne.?  She told them it was frozen, because  it was, then, that was something  she told the family  to keep them away from  it. 

I don't think Whoopi has EVER eaten the lasagna. I just dont see her taking the time to bake it n sit to eat it. She probably gives it away to her assistant.

Shame. I do think Sunny and MM would actually eat it. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Did she? I just played that back, Meghan was talking about a woman in the audience, that was horrified they are all the lasagne( that woman needs a life) . It was a pretty small lasagne, I doubt MM cares  either way, and Whoopi' s crowd is glad, because  she doesn't cook anything..lol

I dont, her story seemed like it was all false, besides, she's said, I dont like to cook, or eat..bonkers. lol

Excuse me? I'm not sure what you're talking about here but I didn't say Meghan said anything at all. If you go back and read what I was replying to, you would see that Meghan's body language was mentioned and my response was in response to that, coupled with the fact that she hems and haws about Joy not making lasagna for her anytime it's mentioned that she makes it for anyone else. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I wonder how annoyed Whoopi gets when MM tries to self produce Hot Topics and say things like “Should we do it next segment? There’s not enough time!”

not that I don’t mind her pointing out Whoopis complete lack of care for the show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, lusinia said:

Did anyone else notice when Whoopie was telling the first half of the lasagna story, Meghan had her arms crossed?  She never sits that way; she was unconsciously showing her resentment at not being given one.  She says she cooks; the recipe's online; she could make it herself. 

She won't make it herself.  I think it says so much when someone spends their time and effort to make something special. Joy isn't going to do that for Meghan and she knows it, so crossed arms and pouting.  She wanted to be given one.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Marigny said:

They sure are laying it on thick with this kumbaya-we really do love each other and it's all an act for the show schtick. Whoopi's speech and the others chiming in was heavy handed AF. I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes. 

I think what's going is that McCain hates everybody--and everybody hates her, too.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She won't make it herself.  I think it says so much when someone spends their time and effort to make something special. Joy isn't going to do that for Meghan and she knows it, so crossed arms and pouting.  She wanted to be given one.

Maybe Meghan is actually Garfield.

• LOL 11

I feel bad that Joy went to all that trouble to make the lasagna for Whoopi and Whoopi didn't even get a bite of it.  Shame on Whoopie's family for not leaving her a piece.  I'm not talking about the little ones, of course.  I'm talking about the adults (presumably daughter and granddaughter) who gobbled it up on Whoopi's birthday and didn't leave a crumb for the person it was made for.  And if I were Whoopi, I wouldn't have announced that to Joy.  I would have pretended I had some and told Joy it was delicious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I feel bad that Joy went to all that trouble to make the lasagna for Whoopi and Whoopi didn't even get a bite of it.

I felt bad for her as well.  I mean, she looks forward to it for months!  I wonder if Joy will make her another one (say, as a Christmas present), when she knows the rest of Whoopie's family is not in town.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I feel bad that Joy went to all that trouble to make the lasagna for Whoopi and Whoopi didn't even get a bite of it.  Shame on Whoopie's family for not leaving her a piece.  I'm not talking about the little ones, of course.  I'm talking about the adults (presumably daughter and granddaughter) who gobbled it up on Whoopi's birthday and didn't leave a crumb for the person it was made for.  And if I were Whoopi, I wouldn't have announced that to Joy.  I would have pretended I had some and told Joy it was delicious.

That was incredibly selfish of her daughter and granddaughter. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Marigny said:

That was incredibly selfish of her daughter and granddaughter. 

I'm not sold on the story.

8 hours ago, Marigny said:
12 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Are her children  sick? I thought I heard the twins are ill 

She did mention all three of the kiddos being sick last week. 

RSV ~ Google it.

• Love 2

Like @HaaCHOO, I am not sold on this story of the gluttonous family of Whoopi, that orchestrated (according to what she said) that she would have so many phone calls that she couldn't get to eat the lasagne (frozen or not, it can be baked either way).

It's a funny story.  But your family wouldn't do that, even if they went ahead without you and baked it, they would leave a serving.  

Whoopi is a comedian and it sounds like a good story and appeases the other co-hosts who have no lasagne from Joy.

BTW, I am with Joy, when she says her lasagne is nothing special.  Mine is way better than hers.

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

• Love 4

I found myself nodding my head today when Meghan was talking about Mayor Pete. Sunny and Meghan agreeing with each other and me agreeing (somewhat) with them was surprising.

I didn't like when Sunny agreed with Obama about the far left thing alienating the right. If it will help the people then who cares about alienating the middle/right.

As for the lasagna story, I think Abby also mentioned that her husband finished it all and Joy ended up making her another one. Maybe Whoopi was hoping for the same?

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 5

Regarding the lasagna story, I totally believe Whoopi's family ate the whole lasagna.  She has complained about her family eating everything in her house before, yes she is probably exaggerating and joking but I believe it.

I'm sure Joy's lasagna is wonderful but it looks a little skimpy 🤷🏽‍♀️.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bannana said:

BTW, I am with Joy, when she says her lasagne is nothing special.  Mine is way better than hers.

If we are talking about good lasagna I think I need to tell you about mine. My lasagna is rolled instead of layered. And the more the ricotta cheese the better.

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm sure Joy's lasagna is wonderful but it looks a little skimpy

I thought the same thing. It only looked like one layer.

• Love 9

I tried Joy's recipe. It's OK but IMO it lacks gumption, it's kinda wimpy.

Going along with someone who mentioned it upthread, I remove the sausage from the casing to brown it and then add it to Ragu Prego Chunky Vegetable spaghetti sauce. No tomato paste. There, I said it. Come at me!

(I skip the onions but add garlic toward the end of the sausage's time in the frying pan).

My cheese mixture layer is ricotta with two eggs (beat 'em) and parmesan and parsley flakes. Don't skimp on the parsley flakes - it adds an authentic "look." Presentation, right?

The first sausage/sauce layer is thoroughly topped with grated mozzarella.

So, noodles/ricotta/meat then roodles/ricotta/meat and dot the top layer of meat with sliced mozzarella.

In the olden days when I was feeding a husband and/or many guests I made three layers but two is enough for me now. 

Leftover lasagna for breakfast, yum!

ETA you can use small curd cottage cheese instead of ricotta. No one will even notice.

Edited by suomi
wrong brand of sauce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I feel bad that Joy went to all that trouble to make the lasagna for Whoopi and Whoopi didn't even get a bite of it.  Shame on Whoopie's family for not leaving her a piece.

In my household if my family had done that?  Humph, shit would have gotten realllllllllll ugly.

I watched Joy's video and was not impressed at all!  Why not shred the sausage and make a meat sauce as opposed to leaving chunks throughout?!  And where's the peppers and mushrooms?

I consider mine to be the bomb biggity and make it once a year myself (Christmas).

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

I watched Joy's video and was not impressed at all!  Why not shred the sausage and make a meat sauce as opposed to leaving chunks throughout?!  And where's the peppers and mushrooms?

OUCH!  Lasagna is a personal creation.  Joy continues to say there's nothing special about her lasagna, yet everyone gives it glowing reviews.  She didn't "leave chunks throughout," she placed them in strategic spots and mentioned the surprise of getting a bite.  I don't mind mushrooms, but definitely NO PEPPERS in my lasagna.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, suomi said:

Die is the singular form of dice. "The die is cast" refers to a done deal, something already completed.

As in: you can place a bet at a gaming table before the dice are thrown (cast) - you, obviously, cannot place a bet after the dice are thrown.

For someone with a formal education she mangles vocabulary, grammar, syntax and idioms entirely too often.

If you are craving a word salad she can toss up a mean one in no time at all and make it look easy.

What a maroon.

It's amazing what I learn from you guys!!  I've lived my whole life thinking that expression meant it was too late to make a change -- e.g.  the "dye" for the plate, or whatever, has been cast, etc.  Thanks.

Also, I have access to many channels from the East to West coast & in between, & all of them are showing a repeat.  Bummer!!!

• Love 3

Boy, what I wouldn't give to know what Whoopi was thinking when MeAgain said she isn't good with time and that's why she's not the moderator!!  I bet Whoopi was thinking "over my dead body, bitch" but kept a smile plastered on her face.  MeAgain is such a narcissist, she really thinks she's all that.

Her idiotic comment to HBC about being all American was cringeworthy.  Even if she didn't have a clue about Princess Margaret's existence, one would hope she'd be savvy enough not to own up to it on national tv.  After all, in her haughty I'm better than the rest of you attitude, she never hesitates to remind us she has a degree from Columbia.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I watched the video several times including when she was on Rachael Rey the other day.  She’s said it’s become a “thing” for them fighting over it. The layers come to the top of that large pan so don’t think it’s skimpy but used crumbled sausage and much more ricotta cheese.  I’m thinking that the way I used so much ricotta cheese makes it too wet.. so if I loose my head and decide to make it I’ll do it more like she did.  I also used mozzarella and Parmesan and Italian spices.  But like me , Joy  has cooked for a lifetime and if she cuts corners it’s ok with me.  
Joy is rolling her eyes about the whole big deal now. I question the story also as who wouldn’t smell that baking ,no matter how big the house is. 
A single person should have to eat it 3 times a day for several days in order to finish that size. 
hope it’s ok talking lasagna since there no show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think Lasagne has a lot to do with the person making it. My mom (a fellow Italian) had a recipe for lasagne that, much like Joy's, is as classic and straightforward as you can get and it always got raves because she was an overall a great cook. I also think food tastes better when you know someone took the time to do something special for you. It's really kind of Joy to make it and it's sweet that the rest of the group truly appreciate the effort.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 11/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, Sarah Heart said:

The dye is cast, is not something  said every day, she apologised,  no biggie imho.

although she uses that saying alot and gets it wrong everytime.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I think Lasagne has a lot to do with the person making it. My mom (a fellow Italian) had a recipe for lasagne that, much like Joy's, is as classic and straightforward as you can get and it always got raves because she was an overall a great cook. I also think food tastes better when you know someone took the time to do something special for you. It's really kind of Joy to make it and it's sweet that the rest of the group truly appreciate the effort.

Exactly this. Food that someone else makes just for you always tastes better.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Like @HaaCHOO, I am not sold on this story of the gluttonous family of Whoopi, that orchestrated (according to what she said) that she would have so many phone calls that she couldn't get to eat the lasagne (frozen or not, it can be baked either way).

It's a funny story.  But your family wouldn't do that, even if they went ahead without you and baked it, they would leave a serving.  

Whoopi is a comedian and it sounds like a good story and appeases the other co-hosts who have no lasagne from Joy.

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

I got hammered on social media for saying the same.  Joy is using cheap ass cheese, a can of tomatoes and that runny ass ricotta.  I'm putting her "italian card" on hold for a week or two.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, suomi said:

Die is the singular form of dice. "The die is cast" refers to a done deal, something already completed.

As in: you can place a bet at a gaming table before the dice are thrown (cast) - you, obviously, cannot place a bet after the dice are thrown.

For someone with a formal education she mangles vocabulary, grammar, syntax and idioms entirely too often.

If you are craving a word salad she can toss up a mean one in no time at all and make it look easy.

What a maroon.

While we may have added your definition to today's venaculr, the expression is a old as dirt,  it has to do with a die like an "iron mold" being cast  "set" - once the iron is set, you can't change it.  

23 hours ago, suomi said:

What a maroon.

While we may have added your definition to today's venaculr, the expression is a old as dirt,  it has to do with a die like an "iron mold" being cast  "set" - once the iron is set, you can't change it.  

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

It's amazing what I learn from you guys!!  I've lived my whole life thinking that expression meant it was too late to make a change -- e.g.  the "dye" for the plate, or whatever, has been cast, etc.  Thanks.

Also, I have access to many channels from the East to West coast & in between, & all of them are showing a repeat.  Bummer!!!

It started off meaning what you thought it meant.....way back in Caesar's day.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Maybe Meghan is actually Garfield.

Well, we've never seen them together in the the same room so you may be onto something.

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

she even laughed yesterday and said "I always get this wrong". took the gals a while to even correct her, because they're sick of it too.  🙂

Funny thing is she referred to Whoopi for help. As if!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I guess this is the wrong forum to mention some of us -me- don’t like tomato, so, all lasagna sounds gross.  

I hope the show returns Friday because I actually watched Wendy Williams today and once was enough.

• LOL 10
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

took the gals a while to even correct her, because they're sick of it too.  🙂

I wonder if someone has corrected her before, and she got snippy.  Maybe that's why they hesitated to correct her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I guess this is the wrong forum to mention some of us -me- don’t like tomato, so, all lasagna sounds gross.  

Mexican culture has got three words for you: Chicken Poblano Lasagna.  

I think the story has grown bigger than the lasagna itself. Even Joy admits it's not that big of a deal.

• Love 9

Yes, it’s a story because Joy makes it for people she likes and that list doesn’t include Meghan McCain, and McCain can't bear it because she has never been denied anything by anyone her entire life. Which is why she’s such a monster who has problems with everyone.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I doubt Whoopi’s family ate the lasagna.   I doubt Joy put the real recipe online  I have an Italian grandma.  I know how it works 😅

Reminds me of a 'Friends' episode where Joey is invited to dinner to meet the family of his newest girlfriend.  He's Italian, they're Italian, all the food is good.  Then dessert is served.  Grandma has made her famous tiramisu, and it is amazing!  Joey tells her he'd love to get her recipe and she says "NO!  The recipe dies with me!"

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Page after page of posts about lasagne? Really? If you can read a recipe, you can make that dish. It isn’t hard, exotic, expensive or unusual. 

yes, I had people over for dinner once, and my sister-in-law raved about the lasagna, asked me for the recipe.   I cut out the directions on the Prince brand lasagna noodle box, and gave it to her.  there's no mystery.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, Vixenstud said:

OMG! NO!

Sicilian here - Yes, we all make our own lasagna.  Yes we all have grandpa's recipe.  The best one is one that is given to you and you heat up.  AMIRIGHT?

So no shows on impeachment days?  Damn it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:
On 11/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, Vixenstud said:

OMG! NO!

Proud of my peppers and mushrooms, don't make me fight ya'll up in here!

Karate Kid.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I was thrilled this was back on until Meghan started her out of control screeching. I'm not sure how she's going to carry on if Joe Biden doesn't get the nomination.

Nonstop lectures about what Dems need to do, probably. Uptick in eye rolling and temper tantrums as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13