Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Time Is Running Out

Drogo
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

I was surprised to see Amanda so far to the front in the show group performance

I was too, but it was nice to see her so close to the front. She is such a clean dancer. I keep noticing during rehearsal footage how clean and precise she is, even with tiny details. Even in the long distance group shots, my eye is drawn to her because she is so clean but also dynamic. She puts great pops and accents into her dancing.

5 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Taylor and her Grandpa! Awwww, I love their letters to each other. Nice to see something uplifting and positive instead of the usual sob story in a TCC spotlight. 

I though that was sweet too. I love that he writes her letters on notebook paper!

• Love 23

I loved the letter... old school... that goes to show, an old fashioned handwritten note still can go further than text message or email ..

And I liked her reasoning for not going overboard decorating her apt until she knows the outcome of TC. I suspect Grandpa lended his advice on that one too. Just get an air-mattress and a few other comforts/necessities and that's all you need for now. That not superstitions - I call that smart budgeting and thinking. 

Since the letter contained a personal family update in the 2nd paragraph, I won't upload it (out of respect for grandpa)- so its back to the stone age of communicating...

1274612632_ezgif.com-resize(2).gif.9fc875abf2e33268725acda91ae532cd.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Love 12

Did anyone else wonder why Meredith was so excited to have Charlotte there? Considering she's constantly a bundle of nerves, why look forward to having Kelli's boss there? Unless you have some personal connection or relationship. The editing for Charlotte's visit would make you believe that Meredith suddenly got good after more than two months. Definitely makes you wonder about rumors that her family is friends with the Jones. 

Julia's cut also made you think about the rumors that there was bad blood with Lisa and her. She looked just devastated, more than her dream ending but like she knew she was backstabbed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Route66 said:

Did anyone else wonder why Meredith was so excited to have Charlotte there? Considering she's constantly a bundle of nerves, why look forward to having Kelli's boss there? Unless you have some personal connection or relationship. The editing for Charlotte's visit would make you believe that Meredith suddenly got good after more than two months. Definitely makes you wonder about rumors that her family is friends with the Jones. 

Julia's cut also made you think about the rumors that there was bad blood with Lisa and her. She looked just devastated, more than her dream ending but like she knew she was backstabbed.

I think she is very pretty and danced well. I thought she should have been cut for the media interview. And that’s on her. Also, the last two probable other cuts have dark hair (Kat & Meredith).  It could be a factor as well. Too many blondes don’t look interesting in the formations. Why so eager to blame Lisa? Why would a rookie have that kind of power? Who’s a tattletale right out of the gate? Not prudent. 

I edited for clarity.

Edited by Duffer
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Duffer said:

I think she is very pretty and danced well. I thought she should have been cut for the media interview. And that’s on her. Also, the last two other cuts had dark hair. It could be a factor as well. Too many blondes don’t look interesting in the formations. Why so eager to blame Lisa?

There were rumors of bad blood between the two from their time on the DMD. Supposedly Lisa made a point of getting close with VK and spreading gossip about Julia.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

"Victoria how do you feel?" "There are no words." 

Yes!  That's because no one wrote anything for her in that scene as they obviously did for several other scenes in this episode where she just rattled off scripted lines.  I actually don't have anything against her.  What I don't like is management thinking they are pulling the wool over our eyes with these 180 degree transformations.  VK and the Meredith stuff--they ain't foolin' no one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I thought it was funny when Kelli says Victoria looks good, not to play favorites.  Judy snaps back with that is Taylor!!!!

Who are the two women with Wild Woman Kalina?

That was too funny

We have a mom like kalina on our volleyball team and everyone including her daughter is so embarrassed.

• Love 11

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!!  We actually saw not one but two whole dances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you CMT, you got it right this time.  See, that was the way to take the heat off the Vickie situation - show us what we came for! Not defer and deflect with Kat and Meredith.  I loved it!  

I also loved

1.  My girl Kristin getting some love

2.  @ByTor's girl Brennan getting some love

3.  Vickie's no words

4.  Tina showing up as her true self

One thing I didn't understand though was not addressing the Julia F#gate.  That was odd.  You know the producers made them aware.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Route66 said:

Now I feel a little more for Kelli's stress. Not only in recent years she has had to deal with legacies of co-worker(s) and those she cheered with, now she is dealing with daughters who are in the close circle with the Jones'.

Next she will have to deal with daughters of retired (or passed on) beloved Cowboys players..

Hall of Famers  retired-Cowboys Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Deion Sanders have daughters....who I believe all are college or close to college age...hmmm. Can you imagine Kelli might to have to:

• cut the daughter of Emmitt (who has been on the show at least once ) who also won DWTS ?  
  • Cutting Troy's , who seems to do the play-by-play for every Cowboy game, girls ?
  • Saying "tonight your last night" to Dieon PrimeTime, who seems to can't stay off of the TV in the last 15 yrs , daughters ??

Can't wait for those DCC seasons 🍿

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Enjoyed the dancing. Please, more dancing. 

The ladies teeth on the field are blinding white. I feel like they are having a Ross whitening moment. 

"No words" was classic VK. Aunt Kelli didn't prep her. 

Nice seeing Taylor excelling. 

After seeing more Bridget, I think she should be placed.in the running for point. She is transforming from just cute to stunning. Plus her body is hot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

This was the first season I've ever watched this show, so I came into it not knowing the major players. A few shows in, I went back and watched Season 13 just to get a little perspective. I danced from age 3 through college and although there were plenty of squads, not every pro team in every sport had cheerleaders when I graduated. I wasn't interested in moving so I let college be my swan song. So, not having any "pro" experience, I was kind of surprised to see that pro is just like every competitive dance I've ever seen. The best dancer doesn't always win, the mediocre dancers with "connections" often take up a space for a more talented girl, dance moms at every level can be OBNOXIOUS, money talks and the people in charge are biased for a million different reasons. I had a good run and was never truly affected (co-captain junior year, captain senior year) but I saw it ALL the time. Some teammates could be awful too. These girls seem to have a very supportive environment but I would bet there are cliques within the group. 

So here are my observations with "new" eyes. Kelli has a cruel streak. She enjoys the power and carries herself very rigidly.  She is very put together but has a really pretty face when she lets go a minute. Judy seems to be kinder and she looks as if she is aging a little more naturally than Kelli. I think Judy is beautiful and if she gets work done it is very natural. All of the choreos did a great job but not a fan of the entire judging panel. I'm assuming Charlotte is a part of the Jones family? Did she ever cheer?  I agree with most that the pastor scene was ridiculous and inappropriate, and then they cut the poor girl last week!!!!

Victoria did not deserve a spot on the team last year.  Her dance was vastly improved this year but oh, lord does that girl need to put some substance in her empty brain!!!!  My final assessment is that Kat and Meredith are both incredibly beautiful, but both should have been cut a long time ago. Kat needs more work and she MAY get it eventually but Meredith is NOT a DC style dancer at all. I don't think she ever will be. That's not to say she's a bad dancer, she's just not a power squad dancer. She is also VERY slow with choreo and will likely make many mistakes on the field. Because she will make the team and so will Kat. These are MY predictions and not spoilers. Injuries are going to let them keep an extra or an alternate. 

Sorry for the dissertation.....I suppose the show has touched a nerve. I've seen really deserving girls get passed over by TPTB. This show is no different.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Gia D. said:

This was the first season I've ever watched this show, so I came into it not knowing the major players. A few shows in, I went back and watched Season 13 just to get a little perspective. I danced from age 3 through college and although there were plenty of squads, not every pro team in every sport had cheerleaders when I graduated. I wasn't interested in moving so I let college be my swan song. So, not having any "pro" experience, I was kind of surprised to see that pro is just like every competitive dance I've ever seen. The best dancer doesn't always win, the mediocre dancers with "connections" often take up a space for a more talented girl, dance moms at every level can be OBNOXIOUS, money talks and the people in charge are biased for a million different reasons. I had a good run and was never truly affected (co-captain junior year, captain senior year) but I saw it ALL the time. Some teammates could be awful too. These girls seem to have a very supportive environment but I would bet there are cliques within the group. 

So here are my observations with "new" eyes. Kelli has a cruel streak. She enjoys the power and carries herself very rigidly.  She is very put together but has a really pretty face when she lets go a minute. Judy seems to be kinder and she looks as if she is aging a little more naturally than Kelli. I think Judy is beautiful and if she gets work done it is very natural. All of the choreos did a great job but not a fan of the entire judging panel. I'm assuming Charlotte is a part of the Jones family? Did she ever cheer?  I agree with most that the pastor scene was ridiculous and inappropriate, and then they cut the poor girl last week!!!!

Victoria did not deserve a spot on the team last year.  Her dance was vastly improved this year but oh, lord does that girl need to put some substance in her empty brain!!!!  My final assessment is that Kat and Meredith are both incredibly beautiful, but both should have been cut a long time ago. Kat needs more work and she MAY get it eventually but Meredith is NOT a DC style dancer at all. I don't think she ever will be. That's not to say she's a bad dancer, she's just not a power squad dancer. She is also VERY slow with choreo and will likely make many mistakes on the field. Because she will make the team and so will Kat. These are MY predictions and not spoilers. Injuries are going to let them keep an extra or an alternate. 

Sorry for the dissertation.....I suppose the show has touched a nerve. I've seen really deserving girls get passed over by TPTB. This show is no different.

Well said . 

And yes - Charlotte is the only daughter of the cowboys owner - Jerry Jones.  I saw one of brothers on the show last night - he was speaking while the show group was changing costumes. Don't recall if the other brother was there.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Anyone giggle when Spin Doctors start playing and Judy said that Tess probably never heard that song before?  I think I’ve heard that song in every bar I’ve been to at some point - not really a dance song, but still.  Funny how sheltered they think these girls are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, lampwick said:

Anyone giggle when Spin Doctors start playing and Judy said that Tess probably never heard that song before?  I think I’ve heard that song in every bar I’ve been to at some point - not really a dance song, but still.  Funny how sheltered they think these girls are.

Here's a TCC or maybe it is Group Leader 101 question ..

They learn 40 dances though-out TC. why is there a need for more than 40 songs? If the DJ plays this song - do this dance... If a new song drops during the season, then let that be GL choice..

• Love 5
13 hours ago, omgtv said:

Did anyone notice how Julia was "crying" but there were zero tears??🧐

Yep. I call those "Nina Moch crocodile tears."

12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Taylor and her Grandpa! Awwww, I love their letters to each other. Nice to see something uplifting and positive instead of the usual sob story in a TCC spotlight. 

So heartwarming. These are the kinds of stories I want to see. I like Taylor even more now, seeing how she nurtures a relationship with her Grandpa and how she wisely doesn't get too settled into her apartment until the final squad has been announced.

I wasn't sad to see Julia leave. I was never a fan of her look or of her short legs, or of her media mistakes, or of her general attitude. Moving on.

Is it just me, or are there more injuries/fainting spells this year than in the past? It seems like the girls are put under more strain nowadays. I bet it's a factor having the Star located all the way out in Frisco, plus the huge growth of the DFW area and the traffic problems it's created.

Victoria is well spoken this season and she looks great. Good for her!

• Love 3

This my first time posting to this forum, although I SO enjoy reading it! Before I even started posting to this, I noticed all of the VK drama/screen time. I've been SO over it! I used to watch past seasons here&there but this season 14 I've watched closely  and yes I believe VK did NOT earn her spot, it was a gievn. She is a good dancer &I I don't know her personally so idk. But what is up with all the hype of her & her mom???I have always respected k&j bc I thot they had alot of class. Bit if u need to 'keep' a friend over making DCC then that's not a true friend in IMO. I think VK is pretty& talented &nthn against her, but come on this SO obvious(Meredith too). I am a little let down with the 'politics' of the show. I like to see TCC EARN their spots. Btw I think Gina & Bridgett are great!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

"Victoria how do you feel?" "There are no words." 

Why (like we don't already know) is VK specifically asked how was it for HER? C'mon Kelli, u are just too obvious with ur favoritism!

• Love 8

Poor Victoria...I have severe second hand embarrassment over how Tina behaved.  She's smiling on the outside, and she seems to love her mom, but she has to be cringing on the inside.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

That was too funny

We have a mom like kalina on our volleyball team and everyone including her daughter is so embarrassed.

I was thinking "oh I wasn't playing favorites' is a lil too late bc they been playing that card(s)--(meredith)) since day 1!!! Now at the end u have the gall to say it not playing favorites??? Like we never noticed before..yeah right!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Amandared said:

Tina 2... Calabasas style... and a message to the other ladies sent home from TC and to those who didn't make show group...

Speaking of show group - glad the team was able to change clothes fast enough for the 2nd rountine.. I was shocked when Judy said if they couldn't change fast enough ( like in 4-5 minutes) they couldn't perform... I was thinking what VIP - like a mayor can't talk for an extra minute or two if they had the mike and people stuck in seats waiting (or forced ) to listen

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

giphy.gif

Look at the woman in the pink sweater to the left of this spectacle. Did a good job keeping her face turned to the side and not looking at this side dance... and I think I see a little pout !

By the way .. ladies .. one of you did the wrong ending arm movement.. you're not in sync.

Is all that hair a weave ?

This is going to be a long 5 DCC yrs... if they are doing this even before the end of TC...

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

So, my very favorite team in all the world is the University of Louisville. My hometown. Our biggest rival is University of Kentucky. It can get petty and ugly. My passion for my Cardinals has been known to manifest itself this way every now and again. However, I will say that I unabashedly love Lily and I root so hard for her. I didn't know what to do with that at first, her being Kentucky alumni. It's different. I am getting used to it. But I do adore her. Dammit. 

Edited by bwalker048
A word.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, sATL said:

By the way .. ladies .. one of you did the wrong ending arm movement.. you not in sync.

And guess which one it was! Ha!

2 minutes ago, bwalker048 said:

So, my very favorite team in all the world is the University of Louisville. My hometown. Our biggest rival is University of Kentucky. It can get petty and ugly. My passion for my Cardinals has been known to manifest itself this way every now and again. However, I will say that I unabashedly love Lily and I root so hard for her. I didn't know what to do with that at first, her being Kentucky alumni. It's different. I am getting used to it. But I do adore her. Dammit. 

Just sent you a message.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, bwalker048 said:

KaShara went to which KY school ?

• Love 2

I absolutely ADORE Amanda. I like her even more every time I see her perform. VK has made big improvements since last year, but, to me she is beginning to blend. 

Somebody please burn Kelli's red dress. It looks like she took flamenco lessons and did the walk of shame the morning after.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4