Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Time Is Running Out

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 10/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, PhillyFan said:

Just watching the episode now. I am in complete agreement with those who think TK dancing in the stands is cringeworthy. A proud mom jumps up and down and claps...a woman who wants to make sure everyone around her knows that *she* was once on the team, does some steps in the stands. 

Anyone think it’s a little anticlimactic for the show group rookies to have already performed in uniform? Seems like it’ll take some excitement away from their first game!

It was just show group, right?  I think they have always had performances before announcing final team.  I'm certain any of their "firsts" are a thrill.

15 hours ago, Matilda said:

IKR?! 

Kelli just wore us down.  kelli is going to pick who she is going to pick. 

• Love 1

The flashes to TK reminded me of some of the filler audience cheering they've used in the past for the first game.  Pre-season games aren't usually sold out at Cowboys Stadium, and the seats aren't full when the DCC performs.  Doesn't stop CMT from splicing in a full crowd cheering wildly, though!

I thought TK looked like she was having the best time.  I can see my mom overcome with joy in the same way.  It's amusing to compare her to Lexi's mom, but Lexi has been a DCC for years and a Mavericks dancer for years before that.  It's probably just another day to Lexi's mom by now, plus it was just a show group performance...not a meet the team performance.  We've seen a lot of families go over the top for those.

Either way...the team hasn't been officially announced but TK's 19 year old baby is performing in the DCC uniform for the first time.  Of course TK is beside herself with joy.  I'm not going to take away from her proud momma moment, even if it's a bit silly and over the top.

(But I also tend to mark the arm movements to Thunderstruck when I hear it come on...YMMV.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

(But I also tend to mark the arm movements to Thunderstruck when I hear it come on...YMMV.)

Same here.

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Probably staged by CMT for "drama"

I actually just thought of something....IF that was staged for "drama", I wonder how the other girls around her felt AND how Kelli/Judy/Charlotte felt about that?

• Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mardo2044 said:

It was just show group, right?  I think they have always had performances before announcing final team.  I'm certain any of their "firsts" are a thrill.

Kelli just wore us down.  kelli is going to pick who she is going to pick. 

I never thought rookies performed with show group until they officially made the team.

• Useful 1

How are we not talking about Alexis' back?!  Poor thing, she really looked like she was in pain.  And even though she wasn't doing the kickline, you could see her behind the line marking the dance.  I would have been laying on a heating pad.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Neurochick said:

Hey, they're having fun, they're enjoying themselves.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Life's too short to be a sourpuss.

I am not a VK fan, but I agree with this.  They were standing at the back of the crowd, so it's not like they were up in front of the whole crowd doing this for attention and distracting the other spectators.  No one other than their friend even seems to notice them.  I think sometimes we get so eager to pile on VK and her mom because of all the obvious favoritism that we go overboard and end up looking for every possible opportunity to rip on them.  They were essentially at a pep rally.  What's wrong with showing pep?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I am not a VK fan, but I agree with this.  They were standing at the back of the crowd, so it's not like they were up in front of the whole crowd doing this for attention and distracting the other spectators.  No one other than their friend even seems to notice them.  I think sometimes we get so eager to pile on VK and her mom because of all the obvious favoritism that we go overboard and end up looking for every possible opportunity to rip on them.  They were essentially at a pep rally.  What's wrong with showing pep?

It’s not a TK specific thing for me. I remember thinking it was weird in high school when the girls from my squad who had graduated and came to games would do moves along with us from the stands. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3