Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Time Is Running Out

Drogo
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Why look for conspiracy theories when the facts show why Julia should not have made the team?  The fact she was "shocked" to be cut after she did so poorly on her media training gave me the impression she never got what she did wrong in her interview.  She's an appearance risk.

I think sometimes we look for conspiracy theories when we see people who we think are more deserving of...whatever get the shaft, while others who we think are so so, get the jobs, cash, prizes, etc.  In order to make sense of that, we start looking for conspiracies, i.e. there has to be another reason why this happened.

I've been going to Broadway shows since the early 1970's.  Many times there is a performer who isn't the best singer/dancer/actor.  But they have that "something something" you can't describe, and it makes no logical sense, but it's like you can't take your eyes off them.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Route66 said:

Did anyone else wonder why Meredith was so excited to have Charlotte there? Considering she's constantly a bundle of nerves, why look forward to having Kelli's boss there? Unless you have some personal connection or relationship. The editing for Charlotte's visit would make you believe that Meredith suddenly got good after more than two months. Definitely makes you wonder about rumors that her family is friends with the Jones. 

Julia's cut also made you think about the rumors that there was bad blood with Lisa and her. She looked just devastated, more than her dream ending but like she knew she was backstabbed.

She we probably upset cause she knew she knew it was her media training and office visits that did her in and not her dancing or looks that got her cut.  That would be an awful feeling - and non-dance or fitness related things are much harder to fix and come back.  She basically knew she really screwed up and her chances of ever making the DCC are very low. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Hey, they're having fun, they're enjoying themselves.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Life's too short to be a sourpuss.

Yes, life’s too short to embarrass your daughter on syndicated TV. I’m no VK fan but do feel some sympathy for her after seeing this. Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Yes, life’s too short to embarrass your daughter on syndicated TV. I’m no VK fan but do feel some sympathy for her after seeing this. Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

See, I don't think it was embarrassing.  Just like I don't think that after a certain age you should just sit around and knit or something.  I would have been more embarrassed if she was sitting there eating Cheetos on national TV.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

See, I don't think it was embarrassing.  Just like I don't think that after a certain age you should just sit around and knit or something.  I would have been more embarrassed if she was sitting there eating Cheetos on national TV.

I don't see anything wrong with Cheetos or knitting. However I agree that Tina just seems to be having an awesome time. More power to her. Embrace the moment!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I guess I think there’s a big difference between knitting (which is actually a cool hobby imho) and acting loud and obnoxious while everyone around her...isn’t. But to each his own. Cheers.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't see anything wrong with Cheetos or knitting. However I agree that Tina just seems to be having an awesome time. More power to her. Embrace the moment!

I guess since VK embarrassed her so much last season she decided to pay her back.  But she is just a proud mom happy her kid is doing well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am probably in the minority that thinks TK is kind of cute. I know my mother loves me to the ends of the earth but she was NEVER a feather fluffer and never enthusiastic about any of my activities (it’s our ethnic heritage). It was a very no nonsense upbringing, and I would have liked to have received a little more rah rah from both my parents ☺️ So I think TK up there in the stands having all the feels and truly happy is fun to see. Can’t fault her for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, lampwick said:

Anyone giggle when Spin Doctors start playing and Judy said that Tess probably never heard that song before?  I think I’ve heard that song in every bar I’ve been to at some point - not really a dance song, but still.  Funny how sheltered they think these girls are.

That probably wasn’t the song they were dancing to in the stadium. Very rarely are we listening to the same song they’re dancing to. Because of music licensing, the can only air a song with permission. This is season 14 and “Thunderstruck” hasn’t aired once. It’s because CMT doesn’t have permission to. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I am probably in the minority that thinks TK is kind of cute. I know my mother loves me to the ends of the earth but she was NEVER a feather fluffer and never enthusiastic about any of my activities (it’s our ethnic heritage). It was a very no nonsense upbringing, and I would have liked to have received a little more rah rah from both my parents ☺️ So I think TK up there in the stands having all the feels and truly happy is fun to see. Can’t fault her for that.

Tina’s adorable, people just continue to hate on her daughter for some reason. I saw nothing more than a proud, ecstatic mom being her daughters biggest fan. She’s been waiting on this since the day Victoria was born, let the woman live and enjoy a special time for both of them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I could’ve gone all night without seeing Tina Kalina act like the drunk aunt at the wedding. 

Heh, that's totally what it looked like!  I have a low tolerance for both Tina and her daughter, but I'm sure they'll be very happy if (as seems likely) VK makes the team.

I liked the personality testing results.  Daphne and Brennan as leaders?  Interesting, but I can see that.

How heartbreaking for Lily that she and Alanna were roommates and best friends, but only one of them made the squad last year.  I hope Lily makes it this time!  It says a lot of good things about both of them that their friendship weathered the disappointment last year.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Allison Lynn said:

Daphne and Brennan as leaders?  Interesting, but I can see that.

I took that test and I got the same results.  Brennan can be my best friend LOL!

6 hours ago, Allison Lynn said:

How heartbreaking for Lily that she and Alanna were roommates

Speaking of, how cute was Alanna's dog Rocco???  He was so cute looking in that box & perfectly happy to go off and play with the softball 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Oh hi, Taylor! So nice to finally meet you in the second-to-last episode. 

LOVED all of the dancing in this episode! It was fun to see different formations, too, like when Amber and Bridget were front and center for show group. I just love Bridget. Her joy when she’s dancing is palpable.

I thought it was interesting that so many vets rallied around Julia when she was about to see Kelli and Judy. She must have been a locker room favorite. 

• Love 17

I felt sad for Julia. I had one of the worst interviews of my life last week and if it was broadcast for all to see, I’d be mortified. That said, I don’t feel like she deserved to be cut. I hope she didn’t ruin things with her current employee (if she’s working/not sure she is).  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Y’all I just can’t with Tina Kalina. She looks RIDICULOUS. It’s too much extra. I’m totally for getting excited about your kid, and I’m not on the I hate Victoria bandwagon, but her mother is a HOT OBNOXIOUS MESS. 

She needs to tell her mom to sit down somewhere lol 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hey, they're having fun, they're enjoying themselves.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Life's too short to be a sourpuss.

100% agree! I think Victoria’s mom is fun and full of energy (idk, like maybe a cheerleader?!?). Plus she’s proud of her daughter - and should be. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 7
On 10/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, Route66 said:

Did anyone else wonder why Meredith was so excited to have Charlotte there? Considering she's constantly a bundle of nerves, why look forward to having Kelli's boss there? Unless you have some personal connection or relationship. The editing for Charlotte's visit would make you believe that Meredith suddenly got good after more than two months. Definitely makes you wonder about rumors that her family is friends with the Jones. 

Julia's cut also made you think about the rumors that there was bad blood with Lisa and her. She looked just devastated, more than her dream ending but like she knew she was backstabbed.

She wasn’t backstabbed. She sunk her own ship with that answer on media day. No one made her say that. Even worse, she didn’t even understand what she did wrong! After that, they wanted her to go. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, glossy said:

Julia deserved to be cut. You can't recover from telling the whole world that you're only applying for this job to boost your resume before you move on to better things AND also not seeing what the problem is when your potential employer calls you out on it. Julia doesn't seem very smart or refined in the way she acts and talks. Quite ironic for someone who wants a career in broadcasting.

What’s crazy is she has a degree from the University of Texas. To even get in there, most applicants have to be in the top ten percent of their high school class. So academically, she’s certainly no dummy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, glossy said:

Julia deserved to be cut. You can't recover from telling the whole world that you're only applying for this job to boost your resume before you move on to better things AND also not seeing what the problem is when your potential employer calls you out on it. Julia doesn't seem very smart or refined in the way she acts and talks. Quite ironic for someone who wants a career in broadcasting.

Her remarks about the LA dance scene were very bad too.  Again, what she said may have been 100% true, but saying that in front of camera is just not smart.   Her comments about McDonalds were out of line too.   Kelli was right to put her in her place in that office visit.

Julia really deserved to be cut.  She was worse of a risk than me too Taylor by far. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Peachy22 said:

She wasn’t backstabbed. She sunk her own ship with that answer on media day. No one made her say that. Even worse, she didn’t even understand what she did wrong! After that, they wanted her to go. 

Yeah - doesn’t look like any backstabbing was required to me.  Enough non-dance footage to justify her cut alone IMO.

• Love 2

Screenshot_20191020-153237_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Her remarks about the LA dance scene were very bad too.  Again, what she said may have been 100% true, but saying that in front of camera is just not smart.   Her comments about McDonalds were out of line too.   Kelli was right to put her in her place in that office visit.

Julia really deserved to be cut.  She was worse of a risk than me too Taylor by far. 

What's that old saying, "There's no "I" in team"? It just goes to show, if a TCC has selfish tendencies she's trying to hide, it shows up eventually and there is no backpedaling from it.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I felt sad for Julia. I had one of the worst interviews of my life last week and if it was broadcast for all to see, I’d be mortified. That said, I don’t feel like she deserved to be cut. I hope she didn’t ruin things with her current employee (if she’s working/not sure she is).  

Also, I get that the DCC leadership is likely hyper sensitive after certain alumni/not quites left and went on to capitalize on their DCC experience. However, you can’t punish someone for having ambition. They should have been like, Julia, there are better ways to phrase your ambition. Say it’s your dream to DCC it up but ultimately you’d like to have public and personal experience working with a national sports franchise. No shame in that. Sad 😞 I also believe K & J when they say this year was really tough. I mean, even we are nit picking these great dancers! 

Yeah - doesn’t look like any backstabbing was required to me.  Enough non-dance footage to justify her cut alone IMO.

In episode 10 or 11 when Julia came out from the office visit, I am 1000% sure homegirl mouthed “F— THAT-“ when Cianna went in to console her and Cianna’s face was like oh snap well it be like that sometimes. 😳😂 did anyone else see that??

Oops, didn’t realize I was in the season 12 blog. Apologies if I ruined anything for anyone. Don’t block me/exile me 😭

• Love 3

Was it Mc Donald's that was bleeped out?

• Love 1

Kelly could have saved herself a lot of problems if she'd just called Julia into her office right after the media debacle, showed the tape, said it was unacceptable and that she was off the team.  Bing, bang, boom...dust her hands off and one less person to worry about.  Instead, she chickened out and called it a "teachable moment".  Then threw that teachable moment right back in Julia's face a couple weeks later when she didn't have any real reasons to cut her.  Shame on Kelli for that.   

Shame on the CW for their assist in trying to show Julia in a bad light.  The CW has NEVER shown a candidate cursing...in fact to my recollection they've been meticulous in editing everything out that would allow the audience to be able to lipread anything the girls say to each other.  I guess now the girls have to worry about that, too.

LOL, I was going to use the term "gaslighting" when writing about how I feel Julia was treated by the show, but I wasn't sure of the definition so I googled it, and this picture popped up.  Amazing resemblance of someone, dontcha think? 

image.png.2fa4a1be73732b0a292a792b9588bc16.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was it Mc Donald's that was bleeped out?

I believe so - that’s what people said who read her lips.  She was using them as an example of a low-end entry-level job that would do nothing for her resume.  Imagine if she said that during an appearance?    It’s not unlikely that the Cowboys have a business relationship w/ McDonalds and that could cause drama if a cheerleader said that publically.  Julia just a huge ambassador risk.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, JoyGirl said:

Kelly could have saved herself a lot of problems if she'd just called Julia into her office right after the media debacle, showed the tape, said it was unacceptable and that she was off the team.  Bing, bang, boom...dust her hands off and one less person to worry about.  Instead, she chickened out and called it a "teachable moment".  Then threw that teachable moment right back in Julia's face a couple weeks later when she didn't have any real reasons to cut her.  Shame on Kelli for that.   

Shame on the CW for their assist in trying to show Julia in a bad light.  The CW has NEVER shown a candidate cursing...in fact to my recollection they've been meticulous in editing everything out that would allow the audience to be able to lipread anything the girls say to each other.  I guess now the girls have to worry about that, too.

LOL, I was going to use the term "gaslighting" when writing about how I feel Julia was treated by the show, but I wasn't sure of the definition so I googled it, and this picture popped up.  Amazing resemblance of someone, dontcha think? 

image.png.2fa4a1be73732b0a292a792b9588bc16.png

I think they showed Lisa cursing when she burned the fajita in that very same episode.

I‘d bet a lot of TCC are just really careful about what they say when the cameras are rolling - but could be wrong.

• Love 2

It would have been really nice to have had Taylor featured earlier and more often in the season.  Oh but I forgot, we've been watching "Meredith and Kat: Making The Team"...a documentary.  Silly me.

My jaw dropped during the conversation between Kelli and Judy:  "Kat and Meredith are still making a ton of mistakes!  But I don't feel they are a risk on the field.  They really look great".  What the heck??? 

You cannot tell me that out of the whole group who auditioned, there weren't more than a handful of ladies who would have been more qualified to make it this far in the process.  No way are these two the best of anything.  Wait, except the best looking.  Guess there's the answer. 

• Love 7
On 10/19/2019 at 3:43 PM, sATL said:

Look at the woman in the pink sweater to the left of this spectacle. Did a good job keeping her face turned to the side and not looking at this side dance... and I think I see a little pout !

By the way .. ladies .. one of you did the wrong ending arm movement.. you're not in sync.

Is all that hair a weave ?

This is going to be a long 5 DCC yrs... if they are doing this even before the end of TC...

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time. Grow up!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kiki620 said:

You cannot tell me that out of the whole group who auditioned, there weren't more than a handful of ladies who would have been more qualified to make it this far in the process.  No way are these two the best of anything.  Wait, except the best looking.  Guess there's the answer. 

And while they are very pretty, so are almost all the women who have worn that uniform. Just off the top of my head I'd say KaShara is just as pretty as Meredith. 

Madeline, Bret, Julia...they were way more qualified than Kat and Meredith.  So much has been said on the unfairness of this, but it was DCC and CW's decision to feature these two so much, and in doing so we all saw how really undeserving they were to even make it to TC.  There's tons of girls who've made the team over the years that we didn't even know about, because CW never featured them.  They should have followed that pattern with K&M.  

Does anyone else feel the show this season has gone on much longer than in previous years?  This puppy should have ended at least 2 episodes ago.  It seems there's been a lot of padding this time around.      

• Love 3
On 10/19/2019 at 4:38 AM, ATLGirl said:

Taylor and her Grandpa! Awwww, I love their letters to each other. Nice to see something uplifting and positive instead of the usual sob story in a TCC spotlight. 

That's exactly what I said when I saw it - yay wholesome genuine story rather than contrived sobstory, this was way more moving. 

I liked Julia at the beginning but feel she deserved to be cut.

TINA. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH. It wasn't even that she was doing the moves which was bad enough it was the way she was doing them so obnoxiously which made me cringe for Victoria - it's so obvious that VK has expected to be a DCC her entire life and this makes it so clear why. 

Kat has improved massively, I feel like Meredith is still a huge dance risk tho. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Haha, thank goodness they aren't quite to the level of his Mississippi-less tan!

My issue with Tina's behavior in the stands is that this is not about YOU, Tina. YOU are not here to perform so sit down and let the performers on the field dance instead of obnoxiously drawing attention to yourself and away from the performers. You can be proud and supportive of your daughter without standing up and dancing along in the audience.

EXACTLY. It's not that she's excited. She should be excited. I would be. I'm a mom who is crazy proud of her daughters. It's that this is supposed to be about her daughter's accomplishment not hers. Instead, she's doing the same damn dance reminding everyone she was a DCC. SO CRINGEY! 

Edited by Matilda
  • Love 16

I think Tina's living vicariously through Victoria.  She probably wants her to go for 5 years because she couldn't. Tina did look foolish doing the moves in the stands. Glad I can voice my opinion here.  On 1 or 2 of the Facebook DCC groups there's so many Victoria lovers that if you say one little thing against her they gang up on you.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

which made me cringe for Victoria - it's so obvious that VK has expected to be a DCC her entire life

Some children are brought up "expected" to be a certain something--doctors, lawyers, whatever because dad/mom did it too.  It has to be very stressful if that son/daughter decides it won't work for them.  

• Love 2
On 10/19/2019 at 9:00 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't think Tk should be knitting or eating cheetos, but I also don't see this positively either. Tk clearly missed her hay day and lives vicariously through her daughter. I see this as TK stealing the spotlight from her daughter and that is sad. As much as I actually hate VK, I do feel empathy in having TK for a mother. She is a trainwreck. 

And I'm going to edit to add this, this is one area where I can actually relate to VK in. My mother is a TK of the world and if you haven't grown up with this type of creature for a parent, the behavior may come across as cute or that she wants to be involved/present when it's anything but. It's rooted in the selfish desire to always have a stake, even when her stake isn't appropriate or shouldn't be warranted. These types of mothers also tend to put you, or those around you, down as a way to build themselves up to seem more relevant but wouldn't openly accept anyone belittling you. That is the mother's job and the mother alone. When VK said she was scared to tell her mom she was cut, my heart squeezed a bit because I believed her. Every single action before training camp, inside of training camp and every DCC experience she lost that year was likely thrust in her face as a "That should have been you..." There is no relief from this type of personality and it's exhausting, embarrassing and anxiety inducing. So for this, and this alone, I actually feel for VK. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy with this type of mother...ever. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 12