Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Who’s the Most Romantic?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Puffin said:

For those of you who had the sense not to watch this snooze fest here’s a recap if you want to read it, Be warned at least 4 screen shots of JB & M 🤢 https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/10/18/counting-on-season-10-episode-1-recap-bad-dates-and-beard-hairnets/

Oh, THANK YOU. I enjoyed that. The author(s) of that recap really know Duggarworld! Terrific snark!

One of the best bits was this: "#ThingsYouDoWhenNoOneHasAJob" . 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, THANK YOU. I enjoyed that. The author(s) of that recap really know Duggarworld! Terrific snark!

Yes I laughed out loud at that 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Puffin said:

For those of you who had the sense not to watch this snooze fest here’s a recap if you want to read it, Be warned at least 4 screen shots of JB & M 🤢 https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/10/18/counting-on-season-10-episode-1-recap-bad-dates-and-beard-hairnets/

You failed to warn that one of those shots is the infamous golf course humping scene.

Worth if for the recap, though.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Puffin said:

That was positively hilarious, thank you for posting. I can't decide which line I like more: #ThingsYouDoWhenNoOneHasAJob or Jill being too busy cooking "canned innards" to go on the date. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Just started reading that recap and got to the line "Ben (who has grown out his facial hair like he’s in some sort of Amish witness protection program or something)" and am dying laughing already. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

That picture of Ben posing with that certificate is Jeremy levels of smug. The mildly repulsed look on Jessa's face is priceless. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

JD stop slobbering all over your wife on camera...shades of your father sucking on your mother.... giving us traumatic flash backs.

Abbie, the reason we gave you any respect was you had an actual job and working...now you’ve chugged the kool aid and will feed off the slop in the TLC trough....sad.....

Now we know how Bin spends his afternoons ...watching rom-coms.

TOO MUCH JimBlob and Chelle.....kept throwing up in my mouth....NO MAS!

Jana.....Look straight into the camera and say....You can’t handle the truth....

On the Plathville commercials...the couple on the left  side of the screen...is that promoting hillbilly incest...looks like brother-sister hugging with side pelvis contacting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Prediction....Stop me if you’ve seen it before.....

Jittery Jinger driving solo in LA traffic...Googlemaps, anyone?

Reminiscent of Anna driving in DC traffic for the first time ......any long time viewers remember that episode? You can be as pathetic as me then......

Beverly Hillibillies... fish out of water ....will be the Volvo storyline.....

Cue the banjos....Come listen to the story of a man named Jed......sing along....

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, doodlebug said:

And, since we know Mary had already had a series of strokes less than a year ago, it is not implausible that she had another one and fell into the pool.

I think that’s probably what happened.  She may have been dead before she ever hit the water or at least I hope she was.  Drowning would be a horrible way to die.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2019 at 11:45 AM, BitterApple said:

I know everyone loves JD and Abbie, but IMO, there's something creepy and stalkerish with the way he treats her. It's like he alternates between infantilizing her and being uncomfortably sexual. 

Thank you.  This is how I feel but can't get into words.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:38 AM, Jeeves said:

I loved the reference to Jessa's knee length stretchy skirt. (Like it's what every 20 something gal wears.)

• Love 6

The younger kids sure like their TLC sponsored steaks....the older kids just had canned vegetables mixed with hamburger and cream of mushroom soup....

Champagne tastes of the new crop of  youngsters.......

Maybe Dingbat Jessa just go to the hospital to squirt out her next baby instead of having to dirty the couch and calling the EMTs....again.....

JD and Abs ...we don't do peck kisses..we do 2 second smooches...

We don't do hugs...we do full blown Humpty Dumpty...it does slow us down when have to be somewhere on time...hehhehehe...Gag us....

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I don't understand these people. Don't John David and Abbie, who are almost 30 years old understand the comments JD made about having stuff bottled up with the cap on and then being to come out are sexual euphemisms? He goes on to say that it will continue to come out. What an idiot. Abbie was another jerk sitting next to him shaking her head up and down in agreement. They can't be that clueless, can they? TLC knows better yet aired that ridiculous statement.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think that’s probably what happened.  She may have been dead before she ever hit the water or at least I hope she was.  Drowning would be a horrible way to die.

According to the autopsy, she had water in her lungs, so she was still alive when she hit the water. 

19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand these people. Don't John David and Abbie, who are almost 30 years old understand the comments JD made about having stuff bottled up with the cap on and then being to come out are sexual euphemisms? He goes on to say that it will continue to come out. What an idiot. Abbie was another jerk sitting next to him shaking her head up and down in agreement. They can't be that clueless, can they? TLC knows better yet aired that ridiculous statement.

TLC producers knew they had double entendre gold. Of COURSE they put that talking head in the show.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why, yes. Yes, they can. 

I expect that a lot of the TLC production staff is joyously trolling the Duggars by putting all manner of their stupid stuff on the air -- and arranging situations that lead to such ridiculous statements and behaviors.....    After all, they gotta create some fun TeeVee for the hate watchers, too, right? 

And they aren't permitted to put the seriously terrible crap on, for the most part. So they have to go with stuff they can tempt a bunch of super-repressed, super-sheltered ignoramuses to unwittingly say and do. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Why, yes. Yes, they can. 

I expect that a lot of the TLC production staff is joyously trolling the Duggars by putting all manner of their stupid stuff on the air -- and arranging situations that lead to such ridiculous statements and behaviors.....    After all, they gotta create some fun TeeVee for the hate watchers, too, right? 

And they aren't permitted to put the seriously terrible crap on, for the most part. So they have to go with stuff they can tempt a bunch of super-repressed, super-sheltered ignoramuses to unwittingly say and do. 

Yes. Back in the day, didn’t they show the kids, especially the adolescent daughters, eating big pickles? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Prediction....Stop me if you’ve seen it before.....

Jittery Jinger driving solo in LA traffic...Googlemaps, anyone?

Reminiscent of Anna driving in DC traffic for the first time ......any long time viewers remember that episode? You can be as pathetic as me then......

Beverly Hillibillies... fish out of water ....will be the Volvo storyline.....

Cue the banjos....Come listen to the story of a man named Jed......sing along....

I'm ashamed to admit that I absolutely do remember the Anna driving in DC episode! I recall they had to stage Josh forgetting his lunch and Anna packing up a toddler and baby to bring it to him, which was pretty silly. Also, it was always a lie when they said they were living in DC. They were living in a Maryland suburb. 

It's absolutely a snoozefest, but somehow I have to keep watching.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Why, yes. Yes, they can. 

Absolutely.  Exhibit A:  Michelle, who went to real high school, has never heard of foot fetishes ("feet aren't sexual!").

Exhibit B:  Jessa, she of the pop-out-turkey-thermometer-belly-button selfies, has also clearly never heard of pregnancy fetishes.  

For me, I generally take on the mantle of all the Hollywood caricatures of sheltered virgins and apply them to the Duggars; that, or imagine the Geico cavemen walking around.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 10/21/2019 at 12:33 AM, becca3891 said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I absolutely do remember the Anna driving in DC episode! I recall they had to stage Josh forgetting his lunch and Anna packing up a toddler and baby to bring it to him, which was pretty silly. Also, it was always a lie when they said they were living in DC. They were living in a Maryland suburb. 

It's absolutely a snoozefest, but somehow I have to keep watching.

There's really no place to buy yourself a lunch in the entire Washington area....lol

I'm going to defend the "living in DC" as not exactly a lie, though. As far as I can tell, a lot of people here -- I'd say "most," actually -- give "DC" as their main answer to "where do you live."  I mean, unless they know they're being asked by another local, I don't think most people immediately answer the "where" question with "I live in the western suburbs of Chicago" either.

It's just weird when you have a tri-state area, I guess.

I've had the following conversation over and over again through the years, with Washington-metro residents and, especially, with people from elsewhere: 

Where do you live? 

Washington, DC. 

Oh. Where?

DC

But where? 

DC.

No, I mean where? Maryland?  Virginia? Where?

DC.....the District......District of Columbia....I live in the District.

[Pause]....Ooooh!....okay!

This conversation probably wouldn't happen so often if the 10 percent of us locals who actually live in the District were the only ones who say we live in DC. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I never understood the big debate over exactly where they lived,  I also have a close friend who grew up near Annapolis, MD and often says he's from DC only because he did often work in that area.  

The entire season of "Duggars in DC" seemed very contrived.  Remember the whole clan helping them move and ending up being days late due to "Duggar time"?  Then we also saw stressed out Anna preparing for a visit from the family while Josh decided to repaint a spare bedroom?  TLC shenanigans.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I never understood the big debate over exactly where they lived,  I also have a close friend who grew up near Annapolis, MD and often says he's from DC only because he did often work in that area.  

The entire season of "Duggars in DC" seemed very contrived.  Remember the whole clan helping them move and ending up being days late due to "Duggar time"?  Then we also saw stressed out Anna preparing for a visit from the family while Josh decided to repaint a spare bedroom?  TLC shenanigans.

Another TLC contrived scene was when Josh's personal trainer, from Arkansas,  just happened to pop in on Josh and Anna in their DC home. Just as Anna just happened to be serving up huge restaurant style plates of bicuits and sausage gravy.  And he snooped through their fridge, freezer and pantry and couldn't find a single fruit or vegetable?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 10/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, Broken Ox said:

You failed to warn that one of those shots is the infamous golf course humping scene.

Worth if for the recap, though.

Well I was gonna warn you all but I thought it be a nice surprise, after all it is nearly halloween 😈

• LOL 11
17 hours ago, queenanne said:

Exhibit B:  Jessa, she of the pop-out-turkey-thermometer-belly-button selfies, has also clearly never heard of pregnancy fetishes.  

I mean - she saw what he dad was into. Sorry. Blech.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Snarky episode review, plus bonus discussion about Derelict's tweets slamming Boob.

She was great! I honestly hadn't put much stock in the rumors about a rift between the Dillards and Boob and Mechelle, but now I think it's probably true. I'm honestly shocked that Boob would (it appears) treat his adult children so unfairly. It's always made me uncomfortable that the minor children have no say when it comes to appearing on TV, but for goodness' sake, his adult children are the ONLY reason there's still a show at all.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, becca3891 said:

She was great! I honestly hadn't put much stock in the rumors about a rift between the Dillards and Boob and Mechelle, but now I think it's probably true. I'm honestly shocked that Boob would (it appears) treat his adult children so unfairly. It's always made me uncomfortable that the minor children have no say when it comes to appearing on TV, but for goodness' sake, his adult children are the ONLY reason there's still a show at all.

I think JIm Bob's both so insecure and so desperate to be King of the Mountain that he sees his adult children and their spouses only as potential rivals to his own domination and status, pretty much. I expect he basically views everyone in this way, but his own kids most of all.  

On the other hand, I think that,  by now, the kids on the show must be getting money, or at least some of them must be. I don't think TLC could get away with not paying anybody on Counting On who asked for a contract and insisted on having one. (Jeremy, for example).

Still possible, though, I guess, that not every Duggar kid has insisted on the money because some of them are still cowed enough by JB and the whole Duggar ethos to go along with a "put all the money in the family pot first and then the headship umbrella will dole it out as he and God see fit" kind of scheme.......What went on between JB and Derick over money could have related to a possibly slow transition that got made between the way TLC paid the family during 19 Kids (Jim Bob Jim Bob Jim Bob Gets All the Cash) and how they pay them now, maybe?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On 10/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, Churchhoney said:

There's really no place to buy yourself a lunch in the entire Washington area....lol

I'm going to defend the "living in DC" as not exactly a lie, though. As far as I can tell, a lot of people here -- I'd say "most," actually -- give "DC" as their main answer to "where do you live."  I mean, unless they know they're being asked by another local, I don't think most people immediately answer the "where" question with "I live in the western suburbs of Chicago" either.

It's just weird when you have a tri-state area, I guess.

I've had the following conversation over and over again through the years, with Washington-metro residents and, especially, with people from elsewhere: 

Where do you live? 

Washington, DC. 

Oh. Where?

DC

But where? 

DC.

No, I mean where? Maryland?  Virginia? Where?

DC.....the District......District of Columbia....I live in the District.

[Pause]....Ooooh!....okay!

This conversation probably wouldn't happen so often if the 10 percent of us locals who actually live in the District were the only ones who say we live in DC. 

I've spent 2/3s of my life going to Buffalo, NY a few times a year. It was only around 10 years ago when I realized I've never actually been in Buffalo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I've spent 2/3s of my life going to Buffalo, NY a few times a year. It was only around 10 years ago when I realized I've never actually been in Buffalo.

We live in "metro Atlanta".  We are very close to the border which for us is the Chattahoochee - sometimes it is easier to just say Atlanta.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, Churchhoney said:

On the other hand, I think that,  by now, the kids on the show must be getting money, or at least some of them must be. I don't think TLC could get away with not paying anybody on Counting On who asked for a contract and insisted on having one. (Jeremy, for example).

The Kardashians get paid as a family, and they structure the payments to each person (and they dole it out pretty equally).  I'm sure this is how the Duggar payments work, but the  offspring (minus Jeremy/Jinger) are dumb enough not to get their fair share.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, "Buffalo" definitely seems easier to go with as a label because of the football and hockey team, you know you at least stand a fighting chance of running into someone who knows enough to say, "Oh yeah... it's cold out there, right?  Like, really cold?"  Whereas if you tell them where you actually are ("Elma?"  "Orchard Park?" "... no?"), nobody's ever heard of it.

• Love 1