Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

S10.E01: Who’s the Most Romantic?

Recommended Posts

Jinger and Jeremy go house hunting in LA but with pricier real estate and small square footage, will they be able to find the perfect place? Meanwhile in Arkansas, the family is going camping. Later at dinner, one couple makes a special announcement.

Air Date 10.15.19

Share this post


Link to post

Yawn.

I was however, rewarded by getting to see Spurgeon and Meredith bite each other. The only excitement in the whole hour of my life that was totally wasted.

I never want to see any Duggars kiss someone. For the love of god stop the madness.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

You weren't enthralled at Lauren and Si's constant gazing? 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll be reading here for reviews, since I certainly won’t be watching!  I saw Jessa posted pics of her kids announcing the new season, so I assumed they’d be in it, even if jessa wasn’t in the promo shots!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, awaken said:

I’ll be reading here for reviews, since I certainly won’t be watching!  I saw Jessa posted pics of her kids announcing the new season, so I assumed they’d be in it, even if jessa wasn’t in the promo shots!

This is me, too--not watching but avidly following the snark!

I am hoping someone will gift us with some bite footage, though. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't believe what I heard. Jessa said that she is very affectionate; more than Ben is comfortable with.  This from the emotionless woman who was very hands off with her buddy group, treated her fiancé like a stranger and refused to have her “first kiss” in front of an audience.  I am going to give her the benefit of doubt and say, perhaps she changed after having kids.

Why am I not surprised that Austin and Joy didn’t participate in "Who's the most Romantic?!"

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Why am I not surprised that Austin and Joy didn’t participate in "Who's the most Romantic?!"

I wonder why Joy and Austin didn’t participate. 
 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jinger and Jeremy go house hunting in LA but with pricier real estate and small square footage, will they be able to find the perfect place? Meanwhile in Arkansas, the family is going camping. Later at dinner, one couple makes a special announcement.

Air Date 10.15.19

Good ole TLC. Wrong episode description. 

I see the Duggars are still printing out meaningless diplomas/certificates.

What a dull world they live in.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

What’s more romantic than talking about finances on a date? 😑

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post

I was about to start taking shots every time they said “romantic” but then I remembered I don’t drink. 😉

Jessa mentioned that she wasn’t surprised that Jinger was moving to LA because Jinger always wanted to move to whatever big city they’d visit when they were younger.  Michelle really flubbed that “city with a Walmart” line. 

Great commercial for Austin’s family camp. That horse almost sent Mr. Muscles flying. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

I fell asleep before any of the dates were completed, so I'm still unsure if any of them know the definition of romantic.

TLC is so ingrained in Jessa, she picks a TLC-like field trip. 

Joe and Kendra let a penny decide where to picnic in the rain.

Josiah and Lauren go horseback riding.

Was fading when JD mentioned something about flying and I think maybe steak.

So far my bet is on JD as the winner.

JB & M were babysitting 8 grandkids, one of which was Meredith. So Josh and Anna did the date thing off camera?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Meredith was just extra help for wrangling those small boys.  She bites so she means business.

But Michelle said 8 grandchildren. Spurge, Henry and Garrett. I'm assuming the other 5 were Josh's and Anna's.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I couldn't believe what I heard. Jessa said that she is very affectionate; more than Ben is comfortable with.  This from the emotionless woman who was very hands off with her buddy group, treated her fiancé like a stranger and refused to have her “first kiss” in front of an audience.  I am going to give her the benefit of doubt and say, perhaps she changed after having kids. SEX

Fixed it for you :-)

Josiah and Lauren continue to be both annoying and dull at the same time.  Well, mostly Lauren actually but I did like how Josiah tried (and failed) to cop a popeye man's man attitude with that arm flex.

Joe & Kendra are the cute couple that seem settled in and very comfortable with each other.  John and Abbie though - that's a revelation, not only do they seem truly in love he seems to have totally come out of his shell.  I don't think I've seen him smile the entire time he's been on the show as many times as he smiled and laughed last night. 

Glaring absence of Anna and Josh.  Not that we'd want to see them, certainly not on a date night but with the Grandkids all at the house it seems obvious they had a little date night too.  I feel for Anna though, I know we snark on how she stayed with him and that's on her and she can do little things on the show if she's filmed alone..................But the others got to go back to the TTH, hang out, talk about their dates and even if the awards were goofy everyone else get's to play along and even laugh about them a bit and she has to hide in the shadows just because of her husband.  

Going by Jessa's intro "This season on Counting On"  there are things I actually want to see even if it's just curiosity like how do Jinger and Jer settle into LA (even if it's a bit fictionalized just watching between the lines for some of the reality underneath).  But there are several things I'm not sure I want to watch and even wonder that they filmed them.  Although this is JB we're talking about so we shouldn't be surprised but he really let them film at Mary's funeral? Those shots of some of the kids breaking down, that's low even for him.  And they're obviously going to focus on the pregnancies but I'm wondering how much of Joy's they'll cover and how much Joy and especially Austin let them cover.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t feel sorry for Anna about the show. Jill’s off the show completely and she’s not even married to a child molester. Actually I don’t feel sorry for Anna at all. She’s the reigning queen as to popping out Duggar grandkids, her creepoid husband wasn’t kicked to the curb by his indulgent parents after his adulterous antics were outed, and she’s living a nice life in a nice house and still breeding for the glory of Jesus and Jim Bob.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I don't blame Ben if he's not comfortable with PDAs.  Neither am I. And the Duggars  overdo it!

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I don't blame Ben if he's not comfortable with PDAs.  Neither am I. And the Duggars  overdo it!

Oh...so Jessa wasn't talking about affection in general but about PDAs? I didn't watch this so I didn't know that. 

In that case, yeah -- she's not even talking about affection. She's talking about faking overdone affection for advertising purposes.

That's what the Duggars do. And it's what they've always done, even before they were in television, no doubt, since they were always advertising their evil cult. 

I mean, this was the whole idea behind last night's show, if I'm understanding correctly what they did on it. I do wonder if the producers are trolling them with a show idea like that. That's the realm of childish idiots. 

And the Jessa's-now-the-warm-one is a whole different issue if that's what they were talking about.

Jessa's so-called "affection" would have nothing at all to do with her somehow turning into a warmer person if she meant PDA. PDA usually betokens being a showoff and not a warm person, seems to me. And Jessa's always been a showoff. Bin may just have grown past the 13-year-old stage and not be as interested in advertising, if that's what he's objecting to. 

Of course, I still wonder whether Bin isn't less amenable even to private affection than he once was....because, you know, bear trap.... 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you who didn't watch, a new show was advertised during the commercial called the Plath Family--another fundy family.  They do the family band thing, are all blond and TV ready, and seem pretty creepy to me.  No media in the house, no sugar, blah blah blah.  I will be passing on this--one fundy family is enough for me.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

For those of you who didn't watch, a new show was advertised during the commercial called the Plath Family--another fundy family.  They do the family band thing, are all blond and TV ready, and seem pretty creepy to me.  No media in the house, no sugar, blah blah blah.  I will be passing on this--one fundy family is enough for me.

I watch two - the Bates. Stopping there.

Actually the new family is worse ..the Duggars to some degree keep up with some media given  everyone has a phone. And the Duggars eat plenty of sugar.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

For those of you who didn't watch, a new show was advertised during the commercial called the Plath Family--another fundy family.  They do the family band thing, are all blond and TV ready, and seem pretty creepy to me.  No media in the house, no sugar, blah blah blah.  I will be passing on this--one fundy family is enough for me.

A Plath daughter happens to be a Sweet Friend of Nurie Rodrigues, Jill's daughter.  Nurie was a bridesmaid in the wedding.  I'm sure Jill Rod must be dying for her own TLC show.  Except for the fact that the family is not TV ready!

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

If my parents send me on a romantic date for competitive purposes, I think that would be the end of our relationship. How bizarre that they had to film it to prove their romantic location and lovey dovey-ness??  Again. Creepy. And questions. And then return to the big house and discuss it? Ewwwwwww. NO. NO. NO ! 

Tonight, my love and I will make a steak after flipping a penny in the rain and talk FINANCES to all of you to prove our love.

At the end - didn't JB mention something about a retreat?

I felt as if the couples were used as " research " for a book/seminar/project that JB & M want to do- to of course generate revenue and name recognition..

The questions were too personal as if whoever typed them used what was probably a personal conversation against them. Handing them a book and letting the couples choose a topic would have enough.

And it's no damm business to the parents what the answer (or question) was.

I did hold my breath on  Josiah and Lauren answer to " what vow was tested" - hoping for something juicy..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

This show is just pure comedy gold !!

I don't laugh nearly as much watching a top notch comic than I do watching this disaster, and I LOVE it.

Lauren, oh Lauren..............you my dear, are something else. And not in a good way. You are one creepy little lady. Her gaspy, whispery, breathy voice is enough to make me want to go through the TV and knock her head against a wall. She is such a phony that I just can't even stand anything about her. I feel bad for Si. So bad.

If my parents send me on a romantic date for competitive purposes, I think that would be the end of our relationship. How bizarre that they had to film it to prove their romantic location and lovey dovey-ness??  Again. Creepy. And questions. And then return to the big house and discuss it? Ewwwwwww. NO. NO. NO ! 

Tonight, my love and I will make a steak after flipping a penny in the rain and talk FINANCES to all of you to prove our love.

To be fair, I don't think the premise of date night was the brainchild of Jim Bob and Michelle, but was producer driven to create situations to film.

A) Jim Bob and Michelle are demonstrably not capable of being the braintrust to create, well, anything.

B) Assuming the intrepid duo could cobble enough brain cells between them it's beyond unlikely they're going to create something that results in situations where they actually might have to exert any actual effort, let alone child minding.  Why do we really think the remaining J-girls were onhand if not to change those diapers?  Of course they may well have had Jana safely stashed off camera to maintain the illusion as well.  

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I actually thought this was a cute episode.  But I thought Jessa resembled a cone-head with that cap in the chocolate making sequence.  Si and Lauren are a little too much for me.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

Si and Lauren are a little too much for me.

Did I hear right?? Si and Lauren went on a date/trip/outing to mourn the loss of their pregnancy???

If so - this poor child-woman needs help. Si you did what you could but no...she is still mourning...not really emotionally moving foward...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did I hear right?? Si and Lauren went on a date/trip/outing to mourn the loss of their pregnancy???

If so - this poor child-woman needs help. Si you did what you could but no...she is still mourning...not really emotionally moving foward...

She truly is insufferable.  Something is very off with her.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh I can’t believe I watched this it was so boring, and the PDA my god! Yes we get it you guys are married so you can touch each other and kiss whenever you want. Other than Meredith biting Spurgeon and him biting her back the only other thing I found funny was JD saying thanks for babysitting the kid’s at the end.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, luvmylabs said:

I actually thought this was a cute episode.  But I thought Jessa resembled a cone-head with that cap in the chocolate making sequence.  Si and Lauren are a little too much for me.

With Jessa's four feet of hair tied up in that surgical hat, she did resemble a cone head!  But poor Ben had to cover his nose, mustache, and beard and he looked miserable.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Off topic, I know, but this Plath family they advertised look like they are one tragedy away from having to go live in their grandmother's attic.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

No one is mentioning all those previews they showed about Jana and all the guys after her and if she is being pressured to get married!? They also threw in grilling one of the twin older boys about a possible courting. These people really are pathetic.

And way, way too much JB and Michelle this season. They even are featured in the talking head promo! This show is right back to the 19 kids one, minus Josh and Jill now!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

It almost feels like they're trying to drum up interest in Jana by making the false claim that soooo many guys are after her. Sort of a Fundie F.O.M.O if you will.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I missed last night's episode & it keeps cutting off when I watch it on TLC today.   Who won the contest? Was there a prize? 

I can't  believe how much Lolli & Pops appeared on this episode.  It's one thing if they mentioned them watching the grandkids or that they thought of the date night idea but they took over & were front & center in everything. They were even included being asked those stupid Newlywed Game-type of questions with the rest of the couples and they were loving it.  I realize it was mostly TLC driven but they worked themselves right back in the show and are probably here to stay.  I'm guessing all the leghumpers are loving it. I'm not. 

  • Like 18
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I missed last night's episode & it keeps cutting off when I watch it on TLC today.   Who won the contest? Was there a prize? 

I can't  believe how much Lolli & Pops appeared on this episode.  It's one thing if they mentioned them watching the grandkids or that they thought of the date night idea but they took over & were front & center in everything. They were even included being asked those stupid Newlywed Game-type of questions with the rest of the couples and they were loving it.  I realize it was mostly TLC driven but they worked themselves right back in the show and are probably here to stay.  I'm guessing all the leghumpers are loving it. I'm not. 

Joe and Kendra won for most Romantic Date. 
 

I agree- WAAAAAAYY too much JB and Michelle this episode. They were practically stars!

  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe it’s because I have the brain of a 13 year old boy and I teach literal 13 year old boys, but when they kept saying “tape the most romantic part of your date” my mind went waaaaaaay south.  Kendra’s giggle/smirk made me think hers did too! 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, louannems said:

A Plath daughter happens to be a Sweet Friend of Nurie Rodrigues, Jill's daughter.  Nurie was a bridesmaid in the wedding.  I'm sure Jill Rod must be dying for her own TLC show.  Except for the fact that the family is not TV ready!

Jill R. and Sierra D. are both chomping at the bit to have their own shows.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Calibabydolly said:

And way, way too much JB and Michelle this season. They even are featured in the talking head promo! This show is right back to the 19 kids one, minus Josh and Jill now!

Plus Tyler. He's doing more TH now..

Isn't he a little old to be playing cowboys? Or at least talking about them so much?

He lives in the country- get him a horse and let him do real ranching work. I saw a cow pasture in one of the scenes.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think it was telling that Jimblob didn’t know the birth order of the grandkids and totally forgot about Felicity. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think it was telling that Jimblob didn’t know the birth order of the grandkids and totally forgot about Felicity. 

Give him one more year of all this birthin' and he'll forget about at least a third of his progeny once removed. 

TLC'll have to offer him a teleprompter so he can still pretend to be Grandfather of the Year. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So surprise Jim Bob and Michelle are back in charge again!  I wasn't expecting that.  I thought Jessa was doing a good job!  Michelle looked off color and tired to me.  She's lost her enthusiasm and boy does it show in her face!  I think she's pretty much done with the show but is stepping in to keep checks coming to those that don't work regular jobs!

Lauren never bothered me before but last night she was way too much!  Sitting on Josiahs lap and playing kissy face in the duggers living room!  GET A ROOM!

I dont think I've ever seen John David so happy!  He used to be just a bump on a lot but he's come a long way baby.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

but he really let them film at Mary's funeral? Those shots of some of the kids breaking down, that's low even for him. 

I was appalled!!  He let them film his mother's funeral!  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. The raw emotions of the grandchildren, JimBob with tears streaming down - hell even I was crying and this was just a preview!!  He must be money hungry, pure and simple.  How could he let such a private, personal, and heart-wrenching experience be shown on a reality TV show?!  I don't get it, I just don't get it.  I can understand him talking about it during a TTH, but not film the farewell service.  Is there anything he won't give up for money?

  • Like 24
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I was appalled!!  He let them film his mother's funeral!  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. The raw emotions of the grandchildren, JimBob with tears streaming down - hell even I was crying and this was just a preview!!  He must be money hungry, pure and simple.  How could he let such a private, personal, and heart-wrenching experience be shown on a reality TV show?!  I don't get it, I just don't get it.  I can understand him talking about it during a TTH, but not film the farewell service.  Is there anything he won't give up for money?

JB & TLC filmed his father's furneral way back when. One would think somewhere along the years,  his mother and/or his sister would have said "NO."- don't ever do that again to our family. Granted it's a hard conversation for many to talk about final arrangements ahead of time.

Out of decency and respect to his sister, I hope he did at least run the filming plan, and preview of the episode by her- she was her mom too. JB can't take that from his sister.

Where was Mother Duggar when she passed? Please don't tell me she was in that "big house" working..or resting from working a shift in that laundry room.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I was appalled!!  He let them film his mother's funeral!  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. The raw emotions of the grandchildren, JimBob with tears streaming down - hell even I was crying and this was just a preview!!  He must be money hungry, pure and simple.  How could he let such a private, personal, and heart-wrenching experience be shown on a reality TV show?!  I don't get it, I just don't get it.  I can understand him talking about it during a TTH, but not film the farewell service.  Is there anything he won't give up for money?

I'm just sick about this. He took advantage of these poor little kids who have NO say and filmed them at their most vulnerable. Bastard!!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Jim-Goddam-Bob and Michelle are doing talking heads? They go that show back.

FUCK.THIS.NETWORK

If anyone wants to know how to watch the show via - ugh, streaming means which do not give them hits/ratings PM me. These assholes DO NOT deserve a show. Only took them 4 years to slither back. Shameful.

I bet Josh gets the season finale. He probably honks a random boob and everyone laughs.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, sATL said:

JB & TLC filmed his father's furneral way back when. One would think somewhere along the years,  his mother and/or his sister would have said "NO."- don't ever do that again to our family. Granted it's a hard conversation for many to talk about final arrangements ahead of time.

Out of decency and respect to his sister, I hope he did at least run the filming plan, and preview of the episode by her- she was her mom too. JB can't take that from his sister.

Where was Mother Duggar when she passed? Please don't tell me she was in that "big house" working..or resting from working a shift in that laundry room.

Worse yet, Mary fell into the pool at the Pool House (where she resided) and drowned. It's suspected she had a major stroke.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, sATL said:

JB & TLC filmed his father's furneral way back when. One would think somewhere along the years,  his mother and/or his sister would have said "NO."- don't ever do that again to our family. Granted it's a hard conversation for many to talk about final arrangements ahead of time.

Out of decency and respect to his sister, I hope he did at least run the filming plan, and preview of the episode by her- she was her mom too. JB can't take that from his sister.

Where was Mother Duggar when she passed? Please don't tell me she was in that "big house" working..or resting from working a shift in that laundry room.

JB's sister found Gma Duggar in the pool at her house.  Cause of death was drowning,  but no word on what happened that she fell into the pool.  Apparently she was alone for a few hours that day when it happened.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Her daughter said she had a stroke and drowned.  Deanna theoretically would have the correct information or the story she wants to tell.

Ratings this week:  A keep them on the air 1.361 million viewers and a .31 rating.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size