Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I wondered why C&E didn’t stay in Nashville after they picked up the kids last week. So essentially they were back home in Knoxville for 5 days? They probably only worked 2 or 3 of those. What a life!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

These two need to learn how to stay home and enjoy their home and backyard. Heck, they just poured a ginormous back patio and fully furnished it with outdoor furniture. I suspect something is going on with those two that they can't stand being at home with just each other and no real buffer or activity between them. Their children will not know "how to stay home". All of this unnecessary driving and running around town is unusual, IMO.

• Like 12
(edited)

I don't doubt that Mr. and Mrs. Stewart love spending time with their grandkids, but there's a big difference between attending recitals and baseball games versus being saddled with four houseguests every weekend. It's a huge imposition. Katie and Travis don't mind E&C crashing at their house because they're young and have the energy to deal with it, but the Stewarts aren't spring chickens. And you know damn well E&C don't cook, clean, buy groceries or wash sheets and towels before they leave. It's just show up, ditch the kids and take off to do fun stuff. Collect the kids, head back to Knox for three days and then repeat the cycle all over again. Do any of the other Bates marrieds cling to their in-laws this much? It feels borderline unhealthy. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Official explanation - we HAD to come to Nene’s a day early because “we had a meeting for an appointment.” Uh Carlin first that’s not proper English. Second the weekend doesn’t start on Thursday either.

What’s this appointment? BSB business without Z&W in tow - seems unlikely. Something at Vanderbilt?

Really they’ve dumped the kids at Nene’s and are off reminiscing about their relationship. Funny how they have some problem being together in their own home in the present but are always 1000% on board to re-live how it started. They’re in downtown Springfield Tenn pointing out the dance studio where I assume they practiced for the wedding, some coffee shop etc. Is Carlin 100% ok health wise? Bc she is recreating some pic from 2017 where she’s hanging on a ladder off the side of a building. Uh she’s at minimum 6 ft off the ground and more likely about 8-10 ft. So back to normal life then?

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, cereality said:

Carlin 100% ok health wise? Bc she is recreating some pic from 2017 where she’s hanging on a ladder off the side of a building. Uh she’s at minimum 6 ft off the ground and more likely about 8-10 ft. So back to normal life then?

I just saw that. 🤦‍♀️

6FD5B3E1-DCDF-438D-B4CD-B446B327F6AC.jpeg

• Mind Blown 7
45 minutes ago, cereality said:

Official explanation - we HAD to come to Nene’s a day early because “we had a meeting for an appointment.” Uh Carlin first that’s not proper English. Second the weekend doesn’t start on Thursday either.

What’s this appointment? BSB business without Z&W in tow - seems unlikely. Something at Vanderbilt?

I saw that and wondered why Carlin was being so vague. If she has a doctor's appointment, why not just say "I have a doctor's appointment"?. I agree it's unlikely to do with BSB, since Z&W are the real decision makers, so who knows. Maybe they needed to come up with a lame excuse for why they keep running to Evan's parents every weekend (or should I say every week since their visits last 5+ days). 

I saw the walk down memory lane, and I'm seriously starting to feel secondhand embarrassment. E&C are so bored and aimless. Wandering around an empty downtown in the middle of the day, with nowhere to go and nothing to do. No friends with them, because normal people are at work, and living in the past because the present is a disappointment. It's sad at this point. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

Well again - agree these two are dolts - but it could just be that nene and grandpa Stewart want them around. Especially the grand babies. My grands other grandparents could t get enough of them and if they moved in would be great by them. But C and E seem to need serious help adulting. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw that and wondered why Carlin was being so vague. If she has a doctor's appointment, why not just say "I have a doctor's appointment"?. I agree it's unlikely to do with BSB, since Z&W are the real decision makers, so who knows. Maybe they needed to come up with a lame excuse for why they keep running to Evan's parents every weekend (or should I say every week since their visits last 5+ days). 

I saw the walk down memory lane, and I'm seriously starting to feel secondhand embarrassment. E&C are so bored and aimless. Wandering around an empty downtown in the middle of the day, with nowhere to go and nothing to do. No friends with them, because normal people are at work, and living in the past because the present is a disappointment. It's sad at this point. 

The thought comes to mind that her mother dumped each baby off on a sister-mom to start working on the next one, and she got lots of attention for each new kid. Maybe Carlin thought it would be like that for her, too. Life is disappointing when you actually have to take care of your kids instead of people praising you all the time. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

The thought comes to mind that her mother dumped each baby off on a sister-mom to start working on the next one, and she got lots of attention for each new kid. Maybe Carlin thought it would be like that for her, too. Life is disappointing when you actually have to take care of your kids instead of people praising you all the time. 

Yup, the Duggar daughters have struggled with the same concept. All they remember is a zillion sisters helping to raise their siblings. They all forget Kelly and Michelle did it on the own for the first 5 babies or so. You'd think at least the Duggars would have thought about their mom's breakdown.

And... sister-momming is not even close to real momming.

• Like 12
18 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I wondered why C&E didn’t stay in Nashville after they picked up the kids last week. So essentially they were back home in Knoxville for 5 days? They probably only worked 2 or 3 of those. What a life!

They didn’t stay in Nashville because that would mean ‘settling down’ to them.  

They love keeping on the move because they’re big personalities and own a business so they must hurry back and forth!!!

Sigh!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think they do it because they just aren't ready to be adults.  They are playing house and aren't really sure what average adults do.  I mean, her parents let the kids raise each other.  No real parenting, no experience seeing adults have real jobs, be responsible and support themselves. They also have no idea what a  young adult does.  They seem to be in the "failure to launch" category but have bred because that is what happens when you have s-e-x.    

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think they do it because they just aren't ready to be adults.  They are playing house and aren't really sure what average adults do.  I mean, her parents let the kids raise each other.  No real parenting, no experience seeing adults have real jobs, be responsible and support themselves. They also have no idea what a  young adult does.  They seem to be in the "failure to launch" category but have bred because that is what happens when you have s-e-x.    

They really aren't. If they were raised by different parents' or had brains they wouldn't even have had kids so quickly. They could run around and do the stuff they want to do without kids.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

They really aren't. If they were raised by different parents' or had brains they wouldn't even have had kids so quickly. They could run around and do the stuff they want to do without kids.

But aren't they doing exactly what their cult like sisters and brothers are doing?  Marry young and announce a pregnancy within the first year.

They know no different.

Their history is Kelly Jo always pregnant and Gil always hanging around the house.  Tree cutting isn't a 7/24 job unless you work hard.

Their house had to be absolute mayhem until the Duggers came and rescued them by building on a second floor and rehabbing the existing!  What a mess it must have been!

• Like 2
On 5/4/2023 at 7:19 PM, cereality said:

It was “a tax appointment”. They filed an extension and had to get paperwork together.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was “a tax appointment”. They filed an extension and had to get paperwork together.

Carlin was channeling JillR, an appointment meeting. Or was it a meeting appointment?

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There aren’t any accountants in Knoxville capable of handling their taxes? As  a retired CPA, I imagine having C&E as clients would be a nightmare. I would not be surprised if they commingle the BSB business with their personal expenses and expect their accountant to figure it out. If Carlin acts like she does at a doctors appointment, good luck to the accountant! Or maybe thoughts and prayers.

• Like 14
  • LOL 5

I'm kind of curious why two adults who have nothing to do couldn't get their taxes in on time? I know people file extensions for various reasons and there's nothing scandalous about it, but I can see E&C being a financial hot mess behind the scenes. 

• Like 14

When is Whitney having the baby? (August, looked it up.)

Maybe they have an agreement with her and Zach that they can take really long maternity and paternity leaves and Carlin and Evan will be in every day. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

To ostensibly visit Joy. They haven't announced anything, but everyone knows they're going. 

I think they'll be off and running the second they get word of Joy's induction, because they apparently hate being at home and they love instagram opps. But, would they stay with the Forsyth's? I don't know how welcoming Austin would be to houseguests who aren't related to either of them. The Vuolos stayed with them, but they had also stayed with the Vuolos. The Stew Crew are tough guests to host. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I think if Carlin is going it’s with an invite from Joy and I think they’ll be staying. 

I just can’t imagine them visiting all of these expecting couples. They bring nothing but two kids and a camera to the party!

I do think Joy is somewhat familiar with the kitchen so maybe she has some tater tot casseroles to feed them. A step down from the steakhouses they are used to visiting on BSB $$$!

• Like 3

I also find it strange Evan is right there at these births with his camera!

Most of these expecting couples run their own Instagram or YouTube and make some $$$ with the births. 

Sooo how is it they let Evan lead and publish their $$$ moments before they get a chance to profit?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I also find it strange Evan is right there at these births with his camera!

Most of these expecting couples run their own Instagram or YouTube and make some $$$ with the births. 

Sooo how is it they let Evan lead and publish their $$$ moments before they get a chance to profit?

My guess is that he does it without permission, and the others, like Travis and Katie, just keep quiet to avoid causing any friction. I suspect that the Stewarts aren't nearly as popular in their circles as they would like to believe. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I suspect that the Stewarts aren't nearly as popular in their circles as they would like to believe. 

I tend to agree. Carlin fell out with Erin and doesn't hang with Michael, Josie or Tori. She hasn't been to Alyssa's house since Layla was a baby and Whit is focusing on her own family. They run to Evan's parents every weekend and that church cruise they took was all older couples. I'm starting to wonder if they even have friends their own age? I don't think they're bad people but their hyperactivity and crazy pace is exhausting. Imagine being a young SAHM, agreeing to meet Carlin for a coffee date. You figure it'll be a nice outing with the kids for an hour or so, but no, Carlin gets it in her head that you suddenly have to do nails! Then omg, let's do a Target run! What do you mean, you have to go home and get dinner started?! Noooooo, Chik Fil A is right around the corner and then we can go to my house and play games til midnight!!! I imagine she wears people out very quickly. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

With her measure of immaturity, I could imagine her being all manner of things.  She could be one of those moms who visit your house but let their kids get into your things or eat everywhere.  She could be a person who always has drama--which I could totally see. Evan could be annoying--another thing I could totally see.  She could be an incessant talker and bad listener...I am imagining all sorts of scenarios.

• Like 11

Evan doesn't take pictures during the birth. He's rightly kicked out of the room then. He has to go play the expectant uncle in the waiting room.

If Carlin is a true friend to Joy, she'll show up alone a few days after the baby is born. She could help with the older two and make order dinners.

But we all know its the Stew Crew of bust.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Evan doesn't take pictures during the birth. He's rightly kicked out of the room then. He has to go play the expectant uncle in the waiting room.

If Carlin is a true friend to Joy, she'll show up alone a few days after the baby is born. She could help with the older two and make order dinners.

But we all know its the Stew Crew of bust.

IF Joy invites her and Austin approves.

• Like 2

I'm sure Evan isn't in the delivery room but didn't he post a first picture of Travis and Katie's baby girl?

I remember when those Bates baby pictures were in People and probably fetched a mighty dollar or two.

I would think T &K baby picture would have been worth something with that big church and all!

I'm a few days behind - have they said they're going to Arkansas - like on IG or YT? Or are we just assuming it bc they're desperate for content.

His parents regularly watch his YT - how cringeworthy that your parents are seeing that your means of financial support is making an ass out of yourselves/your kid. They posted an IG clip of mommy and daddy watching this week's YT laughing along.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Another IG post showing the famous taco salad, must be the only thing they make for dinner at home. Layla is very cute now with her personality and interactions with the camera but I wonder how long this will last before she either hates it or gets tired/bored of the constant filming. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Another IG post showing the famous taco salad, must be the only thing they make for dinner at home. Layla is very cute now with her personality and interactions with the camera but I wonder how long this will last before she either hates it or gets tired/bored of the constant filming. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Lulz and the salad isn't even really salad, it's basically deconstructed nachos in a bowl. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz and the salad isn't even really salad, it's basically deconstructed nachos in a bowl. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bless their hearts.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 5/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, ozziemom said:

Layla is very cute now with her personality and interactions with the camera but I wonder how long this will last before she either hates it or gets tired/bored of the constant filming. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I could see either of those instances happening, but Layla may realize that she gets more attention from her parents if she performs for the camera more. I may hate their beliefs, but I think that a majority of Carlin's siblings that have children do a better job parenting than Carlin and Evan. I realize that is a low bar.

They seem to brag about this stupid taco salad so much. It is the saddest taco salad that I have seen.

• Like 8

Carlin and Evan must be beside themselves that so many other Bateses are getting attention that should rightly go to the Stews. If she's not pregnant, my guess is the "episodes" will start again. She might have to go through with that five-day EEG after all, just for content. 

• Like 4

I was thinking the same - Trace announced the kid's name/they'll have upcoming baby showers plus the birth; Erin will now get a ton of attention for her next miracle - gender reveals, showers, and birth and watch out if it's a boy; upcoming showers and birth for Whit; people on other threads are saying Erin's video hinted/said Tiff is pregnant too. I assume Tori is pregnant/will be pregnant soon. I think Josie is also getting to the point where baby 3 is on the table. Jackson's wedding is coming up this fall. I assume another brother is going to announce an engagement in the next months/year.

Meanwhile C/E are running to the inlaws every other week and doing lame ass activities like "reminiscing" about their courtship. And last week's YT brought in a whopping 93k views - about ~$450. And this week's YT features a "drive thru" challenge - where they order and snarf down whatever the person in the car in front of them ordered. Lol. I've never seen 25 and 28 yr olds with kids who are SO bored. You know boredom = make a baby.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A drive thru challenge? They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. 

I think drive thru challenges were a "thing," several years ago. Evan and Carlin are way behind the trends. 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

If she's not pregnant, my guess is the "episodes" will start again. She might have to go through with that five-day EEG after all, just for content. 

Yep or they'll rush one of the kids to the E.R. at two a.m. for some nonsense that turns out to be constipation or an ingrown nail. I can just see the clickbait titles now: "Scariest Moment Of Our Lives," "We Were Expecting The Worst," complete with sad-face Carlin holding a bedside vigil. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2F283ABE-B78C-4788-BF9F-600EDC37797A.jpeg

E5EB0BAE-46E3-4FED-A296-76C6FABA8667.jpeg

What's in the bins on the top shelf? Her undies? 

The clutter in that closet makes me need to clean something, now. The empty hangers alone! twitches

• Like 4
  • LOL 1