Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Yeah Baby Led Weaning is pretty simple really (and people make money writing whole books about it?!??) and the weaning police don't come round to forbid you from ever spoon feeding them traditional baby food.

We did both - purees sometimes and then at family mealtimes you just put a bunch of your own food on their plate and watch them as they gum on it/chuck it on the floor.

As our doctor said, why should a baby have to eat bland baby cereal (which tastes like arse) when you're chowing down on berries, bananas, pancakes, pasta etc.

• Like 7

What's Carlin's health update from that video? I refuse to watch.

And what does every effing thing have to be made for YT. Maybe this kid doesn't like cake - some kids don't LOVE sweets; maybe he likes cake just fine but doesn't want it painted on his face. Either way is fine, let the child do what he wants for a second without worrying about how it'll play out on video.

So apparently the giant teddy bear at the party was a gift from their "friends" at UPTv - per Reddit; someone asked on Carlin's IG where they got the bear and that's what she said. Hmm . . . . wonder if they're trying to sell a spin off to UP just like Counting On came out after the Josh Duggar stuff went down. Or maybe it's just a producer or cameraman or 2 that's remained friends with them and just sent a gift which Carlin is now saying is from UP. Though IDK re spin off bc if the reason they got dropped is bc of the George Floyd/Jan 6 type of stuff, well that WAS Carlin, Lawson, Trace etc. - so there's no way to carve out those attention whores and still have a show; I mean are they gonna make a show about Tori and Michaela who seem content to live a private life? It was "easier" with the Duggars in that they could just carve out Josh/Anna and Jim Bob/Michelle and by extension the younger kids and just make a show about the married kids and/or younger kids if they came around to visit the married kids.

And leave it to Kelly to show up with 8 sandwiches to an event with say 15 guests!? These other southern ladies who are her inlaws must thing she and Gil are just ill bred idiots who raised ill bred idiot daughters. I mean you're showing up to an event where you know your kid's inlaws will be there; either bring something suitable for all or simply don't bring anything. This isn't the same as when you stop by just to see your kid and are like oh yeah we had some chicken salad leftover so I brought you a box; you know this is food that'll be served to guests and it's a reflection on you if there isn't enough of said food (in which case you can also quietly say to your kid - hmm don't put those sandwiches out, I just made a few bc we had a bit of chicken salad but this is a bigger party than I thought and there isn't enough).

I mean this is in contrast to Evan's mother who for Christmas JUST with their family - no guests - sent Evan to pick up at least a few hundred dollars worth of baked goods. She must wonder about her son/DIL and their manners - serving 8 cookies and sandwiches and a few dozen chicken nuggets to a dozen guests and calling it a party.

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, cereality said:

And what does every effing thing have to be made for YT. Maybe this kid doesn't like cake - some kids don't LOVE sweets; maybe he likes cake just fine but doesn't want it painted on his face. Either way is fine, let the child do what he wants for a second without worrying about how it'll play out on video.

So apparently the giant teddy bear at the party was a gift from their "friends" at UPTv - per Reddit; someone asked on Carlin's IG where they got the bear and that's what she said. Hmm . . . . wonder if they're trying to sell a spin off to UP just like Counting On came out after the Josh Duggar stuff went down. Or maybe it's just a producer or cameraman or 2 that's remained friends with them and just sent a gift which Carlin is now saying is from UP. Though IDK re spin off bc if the reason they got dropped is bc of the George Floyd/Jan 6 type of stuff, well that WAS Carlin, Lawson, Trace etc. - so there's no way to carve out those attention whores and still have a show; I mean are they gonna make a show about Tori and Michaela who seem content to live a private life? It was "easier" with the Duggars in that they could just carve out Josh/Anna and Jim Bob/Michelle and by extension the younger kids and just make a show about the married kids and/or younger kids if they came around to visit the married kids.

And leave it to Kelly to show up with 8 sandwiches to an event with say 15 guests!? These other southern ladies who are her inlaws must thing she and Gil are just ill bred idiots who raised ill bred idiot daughters. I mean you're showing up to an event where you know your kid's inlaws will be there; either bring something suitable for all or simply don't bring anything. This isn't the same as when you stop by just to see your kid and are like oh yeah we had some chicken salad leftover so I brought you a box; you know this is food that'll be served to guests and it's a reflection on you if there isn't enough of said food (in which case you can also quietly say to your kid - hmm don't put those sandwiches out, I just made a few bc we had a bit of chicken salad but this is a bigger party than I thought and there isn't enough).

I mean this is in contrast to Evan's mother who for Christmas JUST with their family - no guests - sent Evan to pick up at least a few hundred dollars worth of baked goods. She must wonder about her son/DIL and their manners - serving 8 cookies and sandwiches and a few dozen chicken nuggets to a dozen guests and calling it a party.

In all fairness, Christmas is a baked-good/candy holiday. Christmas cookies, pastries, cake, rolls, buns, candy, breads, all things that people tend to eat only at the holiday. My great-grandmother made divinity every Christmas and only at Christmas; my grandmother made cinnamon rolls. First birthdays aren't a food holiday in that sense. 

But I wholeheartedly believe that the Bates and Duggar adult kids don't have any idea what a normal amount of food is for a party, because they never had enough to eat as kids and aren't bright enough to realize their parents screwed them. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I was a fairly laid back parent, but I still cut up my toddlers' food very small. Small enough to be swallowed without being chewed.  Maybe I was scarred because my friend was with her 18 month old son from the moment he starting choking on food, in the ambulance and at the hospital where he died.

Carlin and Evan appear so clueless it worries me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was a fairly laid back parent, but I still cut up my toddlers' food very small. Small enough to be swallowed without being chewed.  Maybe I was scarred because my friend was with her 18 month old son from the moment he starting choking on food, in the ambulance and at the hospital where he died.

Carlin and Evan appear so clueless it worries me.

There are plenty of places on the Internet dedicated to BLW, and a lot of info about the proper size to cut food depending on age. I was shocked the first time I saw a baby gnawing on a rib, or steak. Responsible parents are successful with BLW. C&E have no idea what BLW is, let alone what it entails. They just throw food on Zade’s tray like they are feeding farm animals. 

I follow a mom on Tik Tok, it was the first time I learned about BLW. Her husband is not into SM and I learned why. He was home with their baby alone. He fed her a corn dog for lunch, and filmed it for TT. The mother films all her daughter’s meals. I don’t have that kind of commitment or energy. I just fed my kids. 

The mom was horrified when she saw the video. She quickly posted and made it clear that what her husband did, while well meaning, is not BLW. Something C&E will never understand. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, cereality said:

Well, women and small children really aren’t expected to eat more than a few bites each😢.

• Useful 1

I am shocked at the size of that back patio slab. It seems like immediately they also furnished it with outdoor furniture. How is it possible to have that much income ($$) from a YouTube channel and whatever her share of those cheap BSB dresses they sell to live such a lifestyle. The sisters took their husbands and two employees(?) out to dinner "on them"? Heck, they were at Ruth Christ Steakhouse....with dessert! My husband and I had a whopper of a gift card given to us from there so we went to the Orlando location. Just the two of us, we didn't have dessert and with tip the bill was a bit over $200.00. I can't imagine what they spent on that dinner. Once again, it just doesn't add up to me moneywise how these two are living and paying the bills. Another thing....a professionally baked smash cake is a complete waste of money IMO. No reason for the child to have to "dive in" to a birthday cake. What happened to singing Happy Birthday and enjoy the event? One cake for all. They are just show offs if you ask me.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

She’s had “episodes” but hasn’t filmed about it. She says she can feel them coming on now. At some point she had one in Target. She still hasn’t had the EEG done. They didn’t say they have scheduled it.

Carlin said she feels like she’s been dragging it out, and that she’s disappointing the world, Evan, and her family.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I forgot a part: Minus the episode in Target (where she said she fell to the floor)which they said was a while ago, apparently Carlin feels them coming on and if she lays down to rest, all is well. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I am shocked at the size of that back patio slab. It seems like immediately they also furnished it with outdoor furniture. How is it possible to have that much income ($$) from a YouTube channel and whatever her share of those cheap BSB dresses they sell to live such a lifestyle. The sisters took their husbands and two employees(?) out to dinner "on them"? Heck, they were at Ruth Christ Steakhouse....with dessert! My husband and I had a whopper of a gift card given to us from there so we went to the Orlando location. Just the two of us, we didn't have dessert and with tip the bill was a bit over $200.00. I can't imagine what they spent on that dinner. Once again, it just doesn't add up to me moneywise how these two are living and paying the bills. Another thing....a professionally baked smash cake is a complete waste of money IMO. No reason for the child to have to "dive in" to a birthday cake. What happened to singing Happy Birthday and enjoy the event? One cake for all. They are just show offs if you ask me.

Taking employees out to eat becomes a business expense and a tax write off.   It also becomes a photo shoot for  social media. 

Maybe the furniture was a given!  I didn’t notice a name on the donuts or cookies but small business does give give a ways to promote themselves on social media. Advertising is expensive and getting their business name out there through Carlin and Evan is worth a plate of cookies. 

They may appear giddy and dumb but they could be quite good at ‘milking the system’!

It’s what they don’t show in their videos that’s the key to their success. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What is BLW?

Baby Led Weaning. Basically starting babies at around six months old on table food, no purée. Baby eats what the parents eat. From what I’ve read the only requirement is baby must be able to sit in a wheelchair steadily, no wobbling. Teeth not required. 😀

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

The sisters took their husbands and two employees(?) out to dinner "on them"? Heck, they were at Ruth Christ Steakhouse....with dessert!

You know they attempt to write all those dinners off as “business expenses.” Whether they will always get away with it is another matter.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well Carlin, maybe if you got that elusive EEG, you'd get some answers. 

And therapy. 

• Applause 3
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Baby Led Weaning. Basically starting babies at around six months old on table food, no purée. Baby eats what the parents eat. From what I’ve read the only requirement is baby must be able to sit in a wheelchair steadily, no wobbling. Teeth not required. 😀

Highchair?

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Why be normal. 🤣

Another victim of autocorrect. 

Well they say we all go backwards, so wheelchair likely is apt in some situations too. 🧒🏽🧓🏽

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, SMama said:

Thanks for the explanation. These are some of the things us boomers didn't know when we raised our children.  It's amazing they survived and grew up to be successful human beings. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I don't know.  I used it in the 70s.  It was a thing then among certain people.  I think perhaps it went out of style for awhile.  My mom did the same thing with me as an infant.  

I'm sure that a lot of parents these days don't follow BLW either by the amount of baby food in the grocery stores.  Carlin follows the path of least resistance and this saves her having to actually keep separate food for the kids around.  With her I think it's more lack of planning that actually planning than to make eating easier for her children or a conscious decision.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think Carlin feeds her children out of lack of common sense and that she is lazy; easier to just give them junk out of a chip/cookie bag instead of real, good, age-appropriate food.

Evan deserves his half of the blame for that BS, too. It's not like he's at, you know, work all day while Carlin shovels junk food into the kids' mouths. It's not all Carlin's doing. 

• Like 17
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Evan deserves his half of the blame for that BS, too. It's not like he's at, you know, work all day while Carlin shovels junk food into the kids' mouths. It's not all Carlin's doing. 

Evan was recently seen going to the pantry and opening up a can of cheese puffs that he gave to both kids.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
32 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evan was recently seen going to the pantry and opening up a can of cheese puffs that he gave to both kids.

At least they were Gerber puffs, not Cheetos. And still lazy parenting.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Thanks for the explanation. These are some of the things us boomers didn't know when we raised our children.  It's amazing they survived and grew up to be successful human beings. 

i'm a boomer and my mom essentially did this with us.  I recall her putting my brother into his high chair, cutting up whatever we were having for dinner into tiny little pieces and putting a small assortment of each item on the tray for him.  My brother is now 61; so this was way before the internet.  I think she did it because it was cheaper than buying a lot of prepared baby food and simpler, too.  My mom grew up poor during the depression, I expect her mother did something similar and she learned from her.

She didn't give it a fancy name though, it was just how she fed babies.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Once again, what's the difference between Saturday and any other day with these fools?  And get all that junk out of that kid's reach.  I don't even want to think about how much money she wastes on all those products.

As for baby lead weaning, my mother did that with us as well only she just called it feeding us rather than giving it a fancy name.  I think it's great to introduce kids to all kinds of foods as early as possible.  You just need to make sure the pieces are small enough for the child to manage.  It's not rocket science, but it is clearly beyond these fools.

• Like 8
(edited)

Sooo they're latest YouTube video is up!  Those kids are rolling in money!

Evan posted video of Zacks brand new luxury car!!!  Video of them working hard at the store...no kiddos.

As I said earlier I think they are using child care!  They spend hours taping with no kids.

They had 47k views on the video that was only out hours!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3

Did you catch when they were talking about the upcoming cash and carry. Evan said that it will not look anything like the ones in the past. They have purchased a bunch of racks to get things up off the floor. There is also a new assistant working with them. Zach and Whitney met her in a store in a mall I think. She may be behind the new marketing plans to make the sales more professional and appealing. If she is and they listen to her she could probably help them change their image.  It seems like the other 2 assistants who are leaving were there to unpack the merchandise and get the orders out.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I hope that curling iron isn’t plugged in. That would make me nervous. 

There were so many things wrong in that picture. It’s as if it was in a seek and find book.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Awfully quiet for Carlin's 25th bday. Though I'm guessing that means they've dumped the kids in Nashville and have taken a long weekend to themselves (totally normal to start weekends on Tuesday . . . .) and are keeping it quiet bc OMG YT content for next week.

Plus I'm calling it - the bloom is off the rose on that marriage. Even on Valentines day, Mr. Social Media himself didn't say anything to his wife until past midnight so technically the next day and it was not a gushing statement in anyway more of a #blessed. We all know this man wasn't busy working. And at Christmas - more than once we saw some attitude/nastiness from Evan towards Carlin; and again more recently on the way home from church mocking her bc she said she was going to sleep. So yeah while I'm sure there's a baby announcement coming soon - bc CONTENT not to mention keeping up with the siblings - yeah they live their lives for content now, not to just live.

• Like 10

Lulz! Today, Carlin posted a video of her kids' bedtime routine (contain your laughter). Zade was wearing some weird pajama/sleeping bag contraption. Cue incoming product pitch. Carlin will send herself fake messages asking about it from her burner accounts, and magically produce a discount code. These people are laughably predictable. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

It’s a sleep sack. Blankets are not recommended for sleeping anymore due to the risk of suffocation.  The sleep sack keeps the baby warm. You can get them with  or without sleeves. 
So many things  I used for my babies have been deemed unsafe.  It’s hard to keep up.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

It’s a sleep sack. Blankets are not recommended for sleeping anymore due to the risk of suffocation.  The sleep sack keeps the baby warm. You can get them with  or without sleeves. 
So many things  I used for my babies have been deemed unsafe.  It’s hard to keep up.

You can also purchase sleep sacks almost anywhere including Target and Walmart.  If Carlin is shilling them, guaranteed they're overpriced and poor quality compared to what is easily available elsewhere.

And, yeah, they're meant to keep the kiddo warm without blankets and to give enough room for the baby to kick and move around in them while sleeping.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

In the good ole days, once my kids grew out of the swaddle stage they didn't use a blanket until they moved out of a crib into a bed. I just dressed them for bed appropriately. A cozy warm blanket sleeper with a t-shirt for colder nights and a short sleeve onesie in the cooler weather and whatever was appropriate in between.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In the good ole days, once my kids grew out of the swaddle stage they didn't use a blanket until they moved out of a crib into a bed. I just dressed them for bed appropriately. A cozy warm blanket sleeper with a t-shirt for colder nights and a short sleeve onesie in the cooler weather and whatever was appropriate in between.

Back in my olden days there just weren't as many options. Pajamas or underwear. 

• Like 6

Wow, by today's standards, I did almost everything wrong with my children in the 80s and 90s.....but they grew up to be ok. The best thing that worked immediately for diaper rash was olive oil and Desitin...right on the wound. Gone in a few hours. I wonder if this is still "ok"?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Wow, by today's standards, I did almost everything wrong with my children in the 80s and 90s.....but they grew up to be ok. The best thing that worked immediately for diaper rash was olive oil and Desitin...right on the wound. Gone in a few hours. I wonder if this is still "ok"?

To get rid of cradle cap on my first born I used my grandma's homemade concoction of butter with enough salt added to make it fairly grainy. Apply to the cradle cap for about 5 minutes or so, then wipe off. Cradle cap was gone and never came back.

• Like 4
  • Love 1