Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I think BSB needs Carlin's name and followers to have any success at all, but yea, I'd be pissed if I were Z&W.

I wonder though, if the warehouse really runs itself for the daily stuff with the staff they have. What else does Zach have to do during the day? Whit is schooling the kids, so he's likely bored. And Whitney seems to want to have a (small) identity beyond wife and mom.

Maybe this arrangement works for the most part, with the occasional WTF moments when C&E aren't there when they need more hands on deck. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Is the manager they hired earlier this year still at the store? They haven't mentioned her recently.  Carlin treats the boutique as a place to socialize and have fun not a place of work. When Evan first quit his job to work at the boutique she said it was great having Evan working there because they got to spend great "couple time" with Zack and Whitney. This tells you something about her work ethic. 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is the manager they hired earlier this year still at the store? They haven't mentioned her recently.  Carlin treats the boutique as a place to socialize and have fun not a place of work. When Evan first quit his job to work at the boutique she said it was great having Evan working there because they got to spend great "couple time" with Zack and Whitney. This tells you something about her work ethic. 

They could save quit a bit of money by letting the manager go and having Evan/Carlin take over. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I still don't get BSB. Rent, a handful of day to day employees, C&E and Z&W.

Even if they were purchasing the dresses at say, $3 - $15, and selling them at $40+. That is still a whole lot of dresses to sell to cover all the overhead.

The math doesn't seem to math to me. 🤔🤨🤑🙃📉

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I still don't get BSB. Rent, a handful of day to day employees, C&E and Z&W.

Even if they were purchasing the dresses at say, $3 - $15, and selling them at $40+. That is still a whole lot of dresses to sell to cover all the overhead.

The math doesn't seem to math to me. 🤔🤨🤑🙃📉

And allegedly a full time professional manager with benefits . . . 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3

Travis - "Hey Mama B.  Katie is in real pain right now and can't lift anything over 10 lbs.  My mom has been watching Haley for a week now while Katie and I were on our anniversary trip and then while we were in the hospital and now that we are home, I need some "me" time.  You know how exhausting that hospital sitting can be.  Could you come up and keep Katie company and take care of Haley while I go play simulator golf at my buddies house, go practice some new songs I'm trying out and then there is football to watch and church to go too."   

"Oh you can't come.  Well darn.  But Ellie could if I can find a way to get her there?  Ok" 

"Hey Carlin ..."  

Yeah, Carlin is there so Katie has someone to talk with and Ellie is there to take care of Haley, Layla, Zade and do housework.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, AstridM said:

They could save quit a bit of money by letting the manager go and having Evan/Carlin take over. 

I don't know about this. Carlin and Evan would probably close the boutique at least 3 or 4 days a week, close for Christmas vacation by 12/15. You know the saying Who's minding the store? In this case Carlin an Evan would not be minding the store.  And  Whitney and Zack probably realize this and this is why they brought in a manager.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't know about this. Carlin and Evan would probably close the boutique at least 3 or 4 days a week, close for Christmas vacation by 12/15. You know the saying Who's minding the store? In this case Carlin an Evan would not be minding the store.  And  Whitney and Zack probably realize this and this is why they brought in a manager.

Carlin and Evan are about as unreliable as they come.  Expecting them to be on time every day and stay at the store from opening until the close of business would be futile.  They'd show up late, after their Starbucks run, take a couple hours for lunch as Chik-fil-a and be on their way home an hour early because they were exhausted from working so hard.

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Carlin and Evan are about as unreliable as they come.  Expecting them to be on time every day and stay at the store from opening until the close of business would be futile.  They'd show up late, after their Starbucks run, take a couple hours for lunch as Chik-fil-a and be on their way home an hour early because they were exhausted from working so hard.

And they'd only manage that one or two days a week. 🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Are C&E out of NJ? It's been pretty quiet and Carlin now posted a "NJ Recap" IG - which you tend to do after a trip.

In last week's YT Evan loudly announced - we'll likely still be here next weekend, so he was clearly thinking a 7-9 day trip. While Trav was like - this trip is going to be more low key, last trip you all were here, we went to NYC with Katie about to deliver, that was crazy . . . . Lol did Trav give them the heave ho and let it be known that they viewed a long weekend visit as Friday through Monday, i.e. 4 days not 10 days? Or did C&E just pack it in when they realized that K&T now live a life that involves considering H's schedule, being home at nap time, and that isn't conducive to packing kids in the car at midnight and woohoo running out for ice cream or cheesesteaks?

Thought it was interesting even last night - Monday night - that K&T posted an IG making a big fuss about holiday traditions with H - baking sugar cookies. And it was JUST K&T and their kid without feral Layla or Zade running around eating raw ingredients. So it was either hinted that this would be a shorter trip OR C&E are still around but it's been hinted that they ought to entertain themselves/their kids some too and not just be involved 24-7 with K&T.

Maybe it was hinted that C&E should be getting on with their own family traditions in their own homes - too bad if said tradition is mom and dad building their own gingerbread houses, refusing to help Layla build hers so she sits there consoling herself by eating handfuls of white sugar. Though no worries - if they did have to go home - rest assured they'll be at the inlaws by the end of this week and staying thru Christmas/New Years.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

Did you notice that Katie was holding Hailey while she was making cookies? I thought that was a no no. Im sure the Stewarts were disappointed in a weekend trip as opposed to a week long trip. Maybe Zack and Whitney called and said they were needed at the boutique. Zack and Whitney have been taking care of a sick 4 month old baby for the past several days and they might be getting tired of being taken advantage of by the Stewarts.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I agree with all the above. This trip somehow went askew. I haven't watched E&C's latest YT, but they definitely didn't drive 10+ hours with the intention of staying only 3-4 days.

I wonder if Travis and Katie had originally planned for just Ellie to come. You can get cheap tickets on Spirit, and that would've made sense for a quick visit to help Katie out. Maybe Evan and Carlin got wind and volunteered to drive her up thinking woohoo!!! three weeks at Katie's, onsite babysitter, BFF's to bounce around with, plenty of content opportunity, etc. 

cereality, I think you're right that E&C ended up bored and disappointed. I know Katie was shilling on Instagram and got her nails done the weekend after the surgery, but that's pretty lightweight stuff. These people are idiots, but I think even Travis has enough sense to put his foot down. I can absolutely see him telling the Stews they're more than welcome to do their own thing, but Katie needs to stay local. Since the Stewarts can't do regular life for more than 24 hours without getting restless, they bailed. 

• Like 5

Katie said in 1 IG that her stent was out and she felt better. So either she’s now allowed to lift H or it’s one of things where when people feel better, they unconsciously just do what they used to, even though they’re supposed to be restricted still.

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I'm picturing Carlin and Evan all the way home talking about how K&T aren't any fun anymore, as if K&T are the problem!

💯- “everyone has kids and then they become just mom and dad, they don’t know how to be young and party party anymore. They totally coddle their kids - not going out mid day bc of naps or at midnight for an ice cream run bc their kid has to sleep?? Lame. They’re spoiling her. We go where we want and our kids sleep just fine in the car or on any floor.” 🤣

I mean it was interesting that C&E probably arrived at 3 am Friday having driven all night and sometime Friday, Trav takes Evan to the gym. Seemed very - do a bro activity ASAP to get it over with so then we can actually be home and not run hither and yon. And then later that day when all 4 are hanging out it’s like Trav makes it a point to say - last time you were here it was crazy, we ran to NYC, this trip will be much more “low key.” It’s as direct as I’ve seen a fundie say anything.

I mean C&E could still do stuff on their own whether it’s run up to NYC to see the Christmas lights or take a day trip to Longwood Gardens which is great at Christmas. But reality is they prob felt slighted/like their party party buddies were being sticks in the mud bc Trav insisted they’d mostly stay home. Plus let’s be real C&E hate dealing w their own kids and were prob looking for local trips where they could ditch the kids with Ellie and Katie so that C&E, Trav, and Trav’s wallet could go out and seems like Trav nixed it.

@BitterApple - in the last YT, filmed Friday or Sat, Evan is standing outside K&Ts house and clearly says - we’ll likely still be here next weekend. So yeah they were not looking at a regular 4 day weekend, they were looking for entertainment thru mid Dec.

Though who knows maybe they’re still there and being super quiet and letting K&T rest, have some holiday fun with H? Seems unlike them but we’ll know when Carlin resurfaces or via YT.

• Useful 4

Ooops, there were some posts today that look like C$E are still in NJ. I think there must be older videos that Travis is now posting on Instagram like the cookie one. But who knows with these people, they mix their ads in with the other nonsense so it’s hard to tell what is currently happening versus a planned ad.

• Useful 3

I think K&T still enjoy the Stewarts.

I loved being a SAHM, but what challenged me the most was the occasional boredom of it all. Sure if my husband was home too, I would have likely been less bored, but living through this pandemic tells me having him home all day presents another set of challenges. 😁

I'm guessing what we see as obnoxious chaos, Katie sees as sweet home comfort.

• Like 2

Looks like we all called it. Think they left Tuesday night - bc at 1 pm today Carlin posts a pic driving at sunset time so that had to be a Tuesday sunset. Plus in that pic they’re near Washington DC and then at 4 pm today Layla is home coloring - def not the same day videos.

It’s not my sense that K&T hate C&E or anything. If anything I think Katie thrives on their chaos. But I think there’s natural distance bc since H was born K&T have really settled down and put her first - even in little ways like simply being home for nap time even if on vacation, the rest of Trav’s family is at the beach - they’ll still head back to the house on H’s schedule. And not bitch about it.

I think K&T would welcome C&E staying a week if it was a kid centric week. But given that C&E get bored of normal life in half a day and want to run hither and yon and Katie then feels she must accommodate it even if she doesn’t feel up to it - nails, Sbux, Christmas tree lot etc - my sense is Trav probably steps in. He’s the one who lets it be known this will be low key, no one is running them up to NYC, him and Evan can go to the gym and church once and Carlin and Katie can get nails done once - and C&E take the hint that this boring trip is just a Friday to Tuesday long weekend, not a week long party party.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during that car ride home. I'm not sure if details weren't hashed out beforehand or what, but I doubt E&C would've driven over 20 hours roundtrip for a long weekend. Even for immature, scattered people like the Stews, that's a bit insane. I think they figured Katie would spend Saturday and Sunday recovering and then be ready to play tour guide by Monday, and it didn't go according to plan. 

You can't tell me they weren't pissed that they drove all the way up there to go the gym and get a manicure and then turn around and go home. I bet they were talking shit the whole way back to TN. 😂

In slight defense of them, however, I'm wondering why T&K even had them come. Katie wasn't so down and out that she needed a team of helpers. They don't work and live off takeout, so I'm not exactly sure what E,C and Ellie were supposed to do that Travis (and his nearby family) couldn't handle themselves. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during that car ride home. I'm not sure if details weren't hashed out beforehand or what, but I doubt E&C would've driven over 20 hours roundtrip for a long weekend. Even for immature, scattered people like the Stews, that's a bit insane. I think they figured Katie would spend Saturday and Sunday recovering and then be ready to play tour guide by Monday, and it didn't go according to plan. 

You can't tell me they weren't pissed that they drove all the way up there to go the gym and get a manicure and then turn around and go home. I bet they were talking shit the whole way back to TN. 😂

In slight defense of them, however, I'm wondering why T&K even had them come. Katie wasn't so down and out that she needed a team of helpers. They don't work and live off takeout, so I'm not exactly sure what E,C and Ellie were supposed to do that Travis (and his nearby family) couldn't handle themselves. 

I would bet that the Stews outright invited themselves, or they "suggested" it and Travis and Katie felt it would be rude to say no. 

I'm sure the Stews' disappointing vacation won't prevent them from doing it again, and soon. Those dipshits act like they're allergic to their own home. I wonder who kept their canine photo op this time. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I would bet that the Stews outright invited themselves, or they "suggested" it and Travis and Katie felt it would be rude to say no. 

I'm sure the Stews' disappointing vacation won't prevent them from doing it again, and soon. Those dipshits act like they're allergic to their own home. I wonder who kept their canine photo op this time. 

I think that's exactly what happened. They invited themselves and assumed it would be a vacation. Then was disappointed when they didn't get any of that. Katie and Travis really just hang out at home while Katie recovered. No fun for them and no one to take care of their kids so they didn't have too. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He always looks stupid. The hair just heightens the effect. 😁

I am pretty certain he IS stupid!

11 hours ago, Heathen said:

The Stews seem like the type who would believe someone would welcome a surprise visit from out of state.  My cousin is that way.  My husband had to tell her I am not a surprise kinda gal.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I bet that Addie and Ellie do not  resent going to Alyssa's or Katie's. They probably jump at the chance to get away from Gil and Kelly. They get to act like normal teenagers. They get to go out to dinner, and other fun activities none of which happens at the Bates homestead. And probably wear pants like most girls their age.  They get to see what life would be like for them if they find the right boyfriend. You know someone who actually works for a living and provides for his family. While they are still young they are probably looking at Katie's life and thinking hey this is not too shabby. Unfortunately they are never going to have a normal teenage life with dating and school while living under Gill's rules. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I bet that Addie and Ellie do not  resent going to Alyssa's or Katie's. They probably jump at the chance to get away from Gil and Kelly. They get to act like normal teenagers. They get to go out to dinner, and other fun activities none of which happens at the Bates homestead. And probably wear pants like most girls their age.  They get to see what life would be like for them if they find the right boyfriend. You know someone who actually works for a living and provides for his family. While they are still young they are probably looking at Katie's life and thinking hey this is not too shabby. Unfortunately they are never going to have a normal teenage life with dating and school while living under Gill's rules. 

Travis doesn’t work for a living, though. Katie has said that she wanted to get out of the public eye after getting married, but Travis insisted she/they shill and film for YouTube 🤬. Her opinion didn’t matter.

• Like 3

Well if you count writing and producing music, recording music with his family and traveling to perform their music working then I think he works.  He has a recording studio in his home. He said on a question and answer video a few weeks ago the he makes a living with his music and his Youtube videos. He even explained how he is paid for his Youtube videos. He has never pretended like Evan that he needs to stay home with his wife because she is unable to be left alone. I don't agree that musicians do not work because they don't go to an office on a 9-5 schedule. His music may not be something that I am interested in but there is an audience for it. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I hope so. Whether their at home or Alyssa's or Katie's it's the same work cooking, cleaning, take care of the younger kids. I hope there's at least a perk. But it still bothers me if I know my little sisters were stuck doing all the work at home I wouldn't invite them to come and do the same at my house. Invite them for a break or fun time sure. But invite them to come cook and clean at my house and take care of my kids? I'd never do that. Alyssa does with no problem at all. Katie needed help this time although Travis could have done it. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Evan and Travis did a cute video to Silent Night. I have to say, that I enjoyed it and I thought it was pretty good. Evan has a nice singing voice...a surprise to me; not a Ben Seewald at all.

Evan has a better voice than Lawson too. And so does Carlin but the Bateses decided Lawson was the star of the family 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Sorry to say, but Evan wouldn't have to try too hard to have a better voice than Lawson.  I think if Evan put in the work he could make some money off music like Travis.  There is definitely an audience for that type of music.  But I just don't see Evan putting work into anything.  He is such a dilletante.

• Like 10