Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Reunited

• Start Topic

With new restrictions, Meredith tiptoes the line of protocol as she helps Jo with a difficult procedure from afar; and Koracick makes things challenging for Owen at Grey Sloan. Meanwhile, a patient at the hospital is brain-dead after falling into a construction site, and her two sisters must decide whether or not to keep her alive.

Promo:

Original air date: 10/10/19

The first second the lady waiting for the super-duper Meredith procedure was onscreen and then when she spoke, I knew I knew who she was but for the life of me I couldn't place her. Twitter figured it out. Chessy from The Parent Trap!

What was going on with Qadhri and her obsession with Meredith to the point that she cried because Bailey had fired her? 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I am fully a fan of Link. What a standup guy and gentleman. And he makes Amelia more likable for me. (I always thought she was better on PP than Grey's). 

I just can't stomach Meredith with Deloser. I can't do it. And this is shaping up to be yet another season of the show trying way too hard to make him happen. He needs to back up off Miranda Bailey. Hate her or love her, she is his superior - the Chief at that! - and he has done nothing remarkable as a resident to warrant being so cocky. He also seemed so out of place to be present when Amelia and Link were sharing their news with Meredith - tptb must have a short memory, as it wasn't so long ago that those two were "fighting" for Meredith's affections. (Meredith lost, btw). 

I like Pac Gen, and I hope Alex and Richard stay there and manage to succeed for as long as possible before tptb take this away from us. It's refreshing to have a change of scenery, and plus that hospital is devoid of the likes of Maggie, Contacts et al. 

Koracick was such a great character last season, that they're making him a complete tool in favor of Owen is such a waste. He could be swooping Meredith off of her feet instead but alas... 

• Love 19

BTW, Grey's ripped themselves off with the old couple love story. 😂 They told a variation of that story (and much better, too!) in season 6 episode 22. In season 6, that couple (the patients) and their story affected so many of the characters. This one was just more fodder for Maggie. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2

I am enjoying watching Koracik enforcing his restraining order.  It made me laugh every time Owen had to leave a room....less Owen!  That restraining order is also partially to thank for Owen offering to take over child care so Teddy could work, which means he'll be off screen some more, yay!  Unfortunately, that means Teddy is coming back to work so we'll be seeing her more and I am not a fan.  She had that one brief moment in Germany when she kicked Owen out when I liked her, but that  Teddy was all too brief. 

Loved seeing Piper and Phoebe together!  I liked Richard and Alex and the sisters story line at the other hospital.  Despite the drama, it seemed like a nice break from all the interpersonal doctor drama at Grey Sloane.   Except, is Richard opening the door to trouble?

I missed what happened at the end.  Why did Bailey fire Qadri?  Why had she been crying?

Maggie?  Do you know anything about Jackson?  Do you know that he instantly abandoned his girlfriend Stephanie when they were guests at a wedding so he could stop the ceremony and run away with the bride?  If you know that, it should not be a surprise to you that he is impulsive, moves on quickly, and doesn't look back at who he left behind.  I also think it's weird that Maggie is still upset about their break-up when she seemed to not want to get too close when Jackson wanted to.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What was going on with Qadhri and her obsession with Meredith to the point that she cried because Bailey had fired her? 

I thought that was weird because I don't even remember seeing her interact with Meredith before. Helm was the intern who worked with Meredith the most.

But even if she admired Meredith and was upset, don't yell at your boss (or your boss's boss) about firing someone who committed a crime. What did she think was going to happen? I liked the character before the meltdown though, I hope she ends up at that hospital with Alex and Webber.

Did the sisters from Charmed really not notice that the person in that bed wasn't their sister? I know they were estranged, but that patient did not look that banged up that she was unrecognizable.

• Love 13

Hal Linden!  It's been a long time since Barney Miller.  Also nice to see Jasmine Guy again.

Amelia and Linc remain cute, thank goodness  And it's nice to see them let Caterina Scorsone use her comedic timing.

Nico finally has a purpose!  Granted it wasn't a medical purpose, but it was a purpose.

I felt sorry for Maggie. I never want to meet my ex's new woman. Leave her alone, Vic.

Owen gazing lovingly at Teddy holding the baby made me feel sick to my stomach

Can Korachik really walk over to Owen if he has a restraining order on him? It seems wrong that he can force Owen into violating it when he's just working.  Korachik shares the 'Ass of the Episode Award' with Bailey this week.

2 minutes ago, izabella said:

Why did Bailey fire Qadri?  What had she been crying?

Quadri was crying because she wanted to work with Meredith and Bailey had fired Mer. She told Bailey that residents came to work at the hospital to work with Meredith,, not Bailey or one of the other surgeons. So Bailey got her feelings hurt and fired Quadri.  I don't think it's going to stick because Quadri's has a contract and she didn't do anything to merit being fired.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Did the sisters from Charmed really not notice that the person in that bed wasn't their sister? I know they were estranged, but that patient did not look that banged up that she was unrecognizable.

They did that bit on House, too. A building collapsed and the patient of the week was ID'd as one person, and all the medical background the fiance/family gave them didn't make sense with whatever symptoms she was showing (while comatose and her face all swollen and bruised), House being his usual jerk self had the fiance thinking his future wife had lied to him about a bunch of stuff...then find out they had mixed up two similar-looking women who worked in the office and the guy's fiancee had actually been killed.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Can Korachik really walk over to Owen if he has a restraining order on him? It seems wrong that he can force Owen into violating it when he's just working.  Korachik shares the 'Ass of the Episode Award' with Bailey this week.

That was so annoying. And expecting a doctor to just leave in the middle of treating an ER patient because the person he's not supposed to be near came into the room he was already in...I don't think it works that way. And has Owen actually seen a copy of this supposed restraining order? Because I do know that "victim just verbally informs person they have a restraining order against them" is not the way it works. (Still don't believe a court would actually grant a restraining order for that incident in the first place, though.)

• Love 13

*sighs* This season is only being saved by Amelink for me. Otherwise, super annoyed by every other character. 

I'll start with the Qadri/Bailey stuff because that's easier to bitch about. Qadri, you're a doctor now. Stop falling on your sword for Meredith Grey. The way Qadri was acting, it was like she was in love with Meredith (was this supposed to be a plot for Helm?). Qadri has never shown any inclination that she was there just for Meredith, especially since Qadri works with Jackson more. So, Qadri deserved her punishment from Bailey for acting like that to the Chief. Qadri, you are still a second year resident. You have ZERO power. It was funny the first time you snarked at Bailey, but the rest of the time, it was disrespectful.

However, Bailey firing Qadri felt more like a power play, especially since she couldn't control all the people who quit after Meredith was fired. I'm heavily pissed off that the show continues to make Bailey look like the bad person for firing the Goddess That Is Called Meredith, but really, Bailey's attitude stunk to high heavens. It really felt like she fired Qadri just because her feelings got hurt...but honestly, Qadri was speaking to Bailey like she was her equal when Qadri is still a resident.

But we've also seen other residents speak to their superiors like Qadri did so it makes no sense why all of them get away with it but Qadri doesn't. I guess it's to add bodies to Pac Gen. 

Tom...man, they REALLY regressed his character to an asshole. He always had layers, even when he was being an ass. But this season, he's just all ass. And it's ONLY because of this fucking dumbass crush on Teddy. And then Teddy decides to not even go talk to Tom to set things straight, and that she's super not interested. She decides that it's funny to watch Tom abuse his power over Owen. 

I mean....not that Owen doesn't deserve some of it, but they're really working to make us hate Tom and I don't even know why. 

Maggie....STOP SPEAKING ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE AND PUTTING IT ON PATIENTS' LOVE LIVES. FFS. SHUT UP. 

That being said, Jackson, you SUUUUUCK for rebounding with poor Vic, who JUST lost her fiance....what, two months ago now? Less than two months? Vic is a great character; I know that many here don't watch Station 19, but she's the best character on that show, which is the ONLY reason why I don't totally loathe the Jackson/Vic pairing. But....Vic deserves better. Way, way better. Vic should just get it with Tom. Leave Jackson and his issues to anyone else to deal with.

Richard deals with the Charmed Ones, which was, at least, kind of funny with the twist in that story. Like someone on Reddit pointed out, it's the reverse George. 

And Richard may cheat on Catherine with Gemma? Well, once a cheater, always a cheater. I'd like to see if he actually goes through with cheating, but they're certainly setting it up. Which means Richard continues to suck.

Meredith is such a cocky criminal. For someone who lost her job and may lose her medical license, she has no problems manipulating the system to get what she wants. Whose life is she going to have to save next in order to get some screentime with some surgeries? 

Nico actually does something useful for the first time in two seasons! He actually made me not cringe! Ok, his acting is still horrible....but him being fellow translator for that random old couple story was actually not cringe-worthy. 

Hi Casey Parker! Bye Casey Parker! Hope you come back soon, because you're still the best intern.

Speaking of interns, Schmitt.....screws up, Deluca bitches and....he's a fifth year resident who lost the challenge to Helm last week, and somehow he's qualified to teaching the other residents? This episode just showed that Deluca has no real promise in teaching. How he handled Schmitt was like he thought he was some hotshot, when he doesn't even have a specialty picked out. Go away, Deluca. Stop acting like a cocky mini Derek Shepherd. 

Now, to the good parts: Amelia/Link. They still work very, very well for me. Amelia has certainly changed since her magical brain tumour reset, but it's for the best. And Link is fantastic. Best guy on the show now, by far.

• Love 7

The thing, for me, about Qadri being fired is that Qadri pretty much asked for it. She basically told - yelled at - her Chief that the only reason why she chose Grey Sloan was to work with Meredith Grey. And then she proceeds to complain about Meredith not being there, despite the fact that Meredith very much deserved to be fired despite everyone else's opinions. So I don't fault Miranda for being like "okay, you have a problem working here when Meredith's not? Kick rocks!" 

Having said that, in terms of the residents, I do like Qadri - second to Casey Parker, who is terribly underused. Can the both of them go over to Pac Gen, too? 

Meredith sure is taking advantage of her probation and community service. The optics of how tptb are handling this reeks of rich white privilege. They want to have their cake and eat it too - Meredith is suffering consequences but is still getting to skate by on certain things that no other offender could. "But it's Mer! She's the lead! She can't be in that much trouble..." Well she's also hyper privileged and for a show that's recently been stuck on highlighting real life social issues, surely someone in the writers room can see that White Savior Meredith to the underprivileged isn't exactly appealing, all while she complains about her current circumstances. Because when this is all over, she gets to go back to her charmed life. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

This episode just showed that Deluca has no real promise in teaching. How he handled Schmitt was like he thought he was some hotshot, when he doesn't even have a specialty picked out. Go away, Deluca. Stop acting like a cocky mini Derek Shepherd. 

I agree DeLuca needs to leave, his character is the worst and the actor is not good either. Derek was cocky but at least he had the smarts, skill and knowledge to back up his cockiness.

Deloser is seriously bring Mer's character down. She needs and deserves to be dating a better man, not this man child 

• Love 6

If Quadri has any sense, she'll hire a labor lawyer and be back at work by the end of the week.  It was immature to say what she did but it's not grounds for terminstion.

Owen needs to see a lawyer too because what Korackik is doing is harassment.  Maybe Shonda should have paired GA with a legal show rather than a firefighter one.

• Love 8

I just saw that Krista tweeted: 

Spoiler

"We will miss the delightful and exquisite Sofia Taylor Ali as she heads to New Zealand for big TV & Film adventures! Bye Dr. Dahlia Qadri! We love you!"

So that's that. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Qadri has never, ever been portrayed as a complete Meredith acolyte, so this storyline felt completely ridiculous and, I guess, a convenient way to get the actress off the show?  Maybe?  It was so over the top, but I absolutely laughed when Bailey summarily fired her.  I mean, mouthing off to your superior like that about firing your heretofore unacknowledged idol with absolute cause?  No, honey.

However, Bailey's vendetta against Deluca is really shitty.  She's punishing him because he's Meredith's boyfriend, so I don't mind that he's acting huffily towards and about her; in this particular schoolyard fight, Bailey started it and has been acting like a total bitch, so fuck her.

On a related note: OK, Qadri mouths off to Bailey once and gets fired for it, yet Contacts fucks up YET AGAIN and suffers no actual consequences again, some more?  Are they fucking kidding me with this?  Bull.  Shit.  Is it possible to be internally hypocritical?  Because that's what this show is.  Contacts is, as always, the fucking worst.

I admit, I also laughed every time Koracik fucked with Owen.  He's having a ridiculous tantrum, but I sort of found it funny this episode because he was enjoying it so much and because...well, Owen deserves to be shat upon at all times.  So does Teddy, for that matter.

Maggie, girl, you make it so hard.  Jackson's such a dick, but you make it so.  damn.  hard.

Richard, you've been such a whiny hypocrite, and I kind of totally hate you; however, you're married to possibly the world's most entitled, awful asshole, so get it with Jasmine Guy.

Amelia and Linc are easily the best things about this season.  They're so wonderful together.

• Love 11

I liked the nods to Charmed. The crystals, the psychics etc. plus the fact we had Heather, Heidi and Hayley Peterson. A nice switch on the P Halliwell. Plus Heather as the older sister must be a nod to Heathers/ Shannen Doherty. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

I might be in the minority but every time I see Meredith and Deluca I’m just taken right out of the moment. She is 20 years his senior (she’s 50 to his 30), is this Pompeo’s attempt at seeming younger because, while she is a gorgeous woman, she looks ridiculous hanging out with this young guy. He seems out of place and it bugs. And just now rich white doctor Meredith is just realizing that for many people, a medical problem can mean bankruptcy, she never realized that the poor often get short shrifted when it comes to medical care before now? I mean, really?? It just makes her look dumb. 

I’ve watched Greys from the beginning and will probably hang on until the bitter end but they are making all my favorite characters just awful. Bailey behaving like a jealous child, Richard is on his way to cheating on his wife.

Amelia and Linc are the best part of this season, thank god they hired Chris Carmac, his charm and ease is just hitting it out of the park. Can we just have the whole show center around them. 

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, sadie said:

I might be in the minority but every time I see Meredith and Deluca I’m just taken right out of the moment. She is 20 years his senior (she’s 50 to his 30), is this Pompeo’s attempt at seeming younger because, while she is a gorgeous woman, she looks ridiculous hanging out with this young guy. He seems out of place and it bugs. And just now rich white doctor Meredith is just realizing that for many people, a medical problem can mean bankruptcy, she never realized that the poor often get short shrifted when it comes to medical care before now? I mean, really?? It just makes her look dumb. 

Well, the actors are 20 years apart, but the characters, I think, are closer to 12 years or something (I think Ellen is playing a few years younger, like early 40s).

I don't mind the age difference. We had a nearly 20 year age gap between Mark (mid 40s) and Lexie (mid to late 20s). We had a 12 year age gap between Meredith and Derek. Alex is also in his early 40s and Jo is about 30ish at this point. So the age difference is just fine for me. The issue is how they had to handwave A LOT of the history between Meredith and Deluca to get this to work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Maggie, girl, you make it so hard.  Jackson's such a dick, but you make it so.  damn.  hard.

Just now, Chas411 said:

At least they’re consistent with Jackson. He moves on at the speed of lightning.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Meredith sure is taking advantage of her probation and community service. The optics of how tptb are handling this reeks of rich white privilege. They want to have their cake and eat it too - Meredith is suffering consequences but is still getting to skate by on certain things that no other offender could. 

And she clearly doesn't take it the least bit seriously. "Oh, supervisor owes me one. Let's make out some more while she waits for me to deign to join the crew." 🙄 She should be cited for contempt or something.

51 minutes ago, sadie said:

I’ve watched Greys from the beginning and will probably hang on until the bitter end but they are making all my favorite characters just awful. 

I've watched from season 2 (after getting sucked into summer reruns of season 1 that my mom was watching) and I, too, will probably hang on to the end. But they do make it difficult. The only ones I didn't want to yell "shut up!!!" at last night were Amelia and Link.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2

Damn it, show, you tease me with the briefest appearance by Casey and then I'm back to the usual characters. Since Qadri got fired, does that mean we can finally see some more Casey? I'd also settle for 90% less Schmitt.

Lincoln continues to be awesome. If you had told me 16 years ago that the guy who kicked the shit out of Ryan Atwood would be one of the best new characters on a show about doctors, I would not have believed you.

I used to like Koracik so I hate that the writers decided to turn him into a complete jackass this season. On the other hand, this nards/restraining order storyline means Owen is going to stay home with the baby which hopefully means seeing less of Owen on my screen so I'm okay with it.

• Love 6

it was odd to see Nico actually have a purpose. I actually liked one of his moments on screen--where he told Glasses/Contacts to stop wallowing essentially and stop accepting being an idiot. I still keep hoping Glasses walks into a bus or something. Please get him off the show.

I'm ready for this Bailey/Meredith thing to simmer down. They are making Bailey so angry; so petty. I'm not saying Meredith is blameless here but Bailey doesn't have to be a total jerk who seems to put her personal feuds over patient needs. I like Bailey when she is strong and in teach mode. But this version is annoying.

I always enjoy seeing Jasmine Guy--I still think of her as Whitley. I kind of hope Richard considers an affair but backs off.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Link looks like he's going along with Amelia's pregnancy, but I see fear and uncertainty in his eyes.  I'm not seeing a happy, compatible couple at all--at least not on his part.

Well, I wouldn't expect him to be right on board now. He just found out, he's still getting used to the idea, and I bet he's scared as hell. And yeah, this baby does force Link and Amelia to confront their relationship and rush through a lot of steps, but hopefully they don't go the Owen route and rush into a marriage or anything like that. I'm ok if they take things slow with the other aspects of their relationship. Having a baby doesn't mean they need to settle down and get married, or even live together (though it would be easier for future baby, as evidenced with the difficult of the Teddy/Owen/baby situation). 

It's actually more interesting to me if Link is a bit hesitant, confused, and terrified.

16 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I'm ready for this Bailey/Meredith thing to simmer down. They are making Bailey so angry; so petty. I'm not saying Meredith is blameless here but Bailey doesn't have to be a total jerk who seems to put her personal feuds over patient needs. I like Bailey when she is strong and in teach mode. But this version is annoying.

Bailey's been annoying me for many seasons now. I loathe Whiny Petulant Child Bailey, but Bitchy Overreacting Firing Everyone Bailey isn't fun to watch either.

But, this season, they seem determined to ruin a LOT of characters just for plot reasons.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bailey's been annoying me for many seasons now. I loathe Whiny Petulant Child Bailey, but Bitchy Overreacting Firing Everyone Bailey isn't fun to watch either.

But, this season, they seem determined to ruin a LOT of characters just for plot reasons.

agreed. I really like it when Bailey is in strong mode, giving people the for what and the what for. . . but this overly angry, petty version is not that.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, the actors are 20 years apart, but the characters, I think, are closer to 12 years or something (I think Ellen is playing a few years younger, like early 40s).

Meredith is is supposed to be Ellen’s age. Meredith didn’t start medical school straight out of college because she spent several years dealing with her mom’s health problems. 

Just now, kariyaki said:

Meredith is is supposed to be Ellen’s age. Meredith didn’t start medical school straight out of college because she spent several years dealing with her mom’s health problems. 

There's an episode where they confirm that Meredith was born in 1978 (I think it was when Maggie first appeared and they established that Maggie is five years younger than Meredith). Maggie's in her mid 30s. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Here's something that stuck out as odd to me, with the Hal Linden ("Bird!") story. The lovely Korean woman explained that she saw that Bird was having his surgery and up and flew to the US to find him. Now...she must have been online on some social media platform (let's say Facebook, for argument's sake) to see Bird's posts and specific information about the date and location of where he was having his procedure. If she was able to see that information online, could she not have reached out to him on the same platform? Even not speaking/reading/writing English, she could still have either composed a message and had Google Translate pop it into English - or, just sent a message in Korean and hope that Bird would translate it on his end. That really jumped out at me - she knew a lot of information - the date, and the hospital - and was able to get herself from Korea to Seattle. How did she NOT make contact with him beforehand??? It was a a sweet story, sure, but the practical logistics bothered me. I know better than to expect any semblance of reality from this show, but that oddity took me right out of their reunion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
35 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Here's something that stuck out as odd to me, with the Hal Linden ("Bird!") story. The lovely Korean woman explained that she saw that Bird was having his surgery and up and flew to the US to find him. Now...she must have been online on some social media platform (let's say Facebook, for argument's sake) to see Bird's posts and specific information about the date and location of where he was having his procedure. If she was able to see that information online, could she not have reached out to him on the same platform? Even not speaking/reading/writing English, she could still have either composed a message and had Google Translate pop it into English - or, just sent a message in Korean and hope that Bird would translate it on his end. That really jumped out at me - she knew a lot of information - the date, and the hospital - and was able to get herself from Korea to Seattle. How did she NOT make contact with him beforehand??? It was a a sweet story, sure, but the practical logistics bothered me. I know better than to expect any semblance of reality from this show, but that oddity took me right out of their reunion. 

completely agree. The story was sweet while also being what???? But you know you just have to ignore that and keep going.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

If she was able to see that information online, could she not have reached out to him on the same platform? Even not speaking/reading/writing English, she could still have either composed a message and had Google Translate pop it into English - or, just sent a message in Korean and hope that Bird would translate it on his end. That really jumped out at me - she knew a lot of information - the date, and the hospital - and was able to get herself from Korea to Seattle. How did she NOT make contact with him beforehand??? 

She must have either known some English or had someone/Google to translate, or else how did she know what his post even said? 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I wouldn't expect him to be right on board now. He just found out, he's still getting used to the idea, and I bet he's scared as hell. And yeah, this baby does force Link and Amelia to confront their relationship and rush through a lot of steps, but hopefully they don't go the Owen route and rush into a marriage or anything like that. I'm ok if they take things slow with the other aspects of their relationship. Having a baby doesn't mean they need to settle down and get married, or even live together (though it would be easier for future baby, as evidenced with the difficult of the Teddy/Owen/baby situation). 

Yeah, while I can see them raising a child together, I just don't see Linc and Amelia getting married. 

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

She must have either known some English or had someone/Google to translate, or else how did she know what his post even said? 

Right, exactly. I have a Facebook friend who posts almost solely in Dutch and another person who posts in Swedish, and there's the option for me to see the post as translated into English. So, yeah, clearly she was able to understand where and when Bird was having his procedure done. Which to me then begs the questions, why couldn't/didn't she communicate with Bird somehow? If she saw him posting stuff online, she could've reached out to him in some manner. But even putting ALL Of that aside...once she made it to the hospital, you'd think she'd have been able to say his actual name, or at the very least, have it written down or printed out - so that she could hand it to someone. I know, I'm diving way too deep into this, but I would've appreciated the story even more had it been even a TINY bit more logical.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

I have a Facebook friend who posts almost solely in Dutch and another person who posts in Swedish, and there's the option for me to see the post as translated into English.

Yeah, I have a coworker who posts mostly in Portuguese (as do most of the people who respond to her posts), and it always offers to translate. (I'm always amused when I see the show translation button under some cutesy netspeak. I should start clicking it to see what it gives me.)

I know I should suspend my need for logic but it's hard to shut off that part of my brain.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

On the other hand, this nards/restraining order storyline means Owen is going to stay home with the baby which hopefully means seeing less of Owen on my screen so I'm okay with it.

Yes, but it leaves the door open to some Korachik/Teddy hanky panky.

• Love 1

I echo the sentiment of loving Amelia & Link. He's the best new addition to the show in ages. It's so refreshing to see a couple actually discuss their fears, worries, issues, etc. And I like that they're not suddenly all in - they're pensive, nervous, but cautiously excited. It's really fun to watch. Amelia is so much more enjoyable when she isn't with Owen. 

Don't care about Jackson/Vic/Maggie at all. Maggie needs to get the fuck over Jackson and get a new storyline, stat. 

Are they going to have Richard have (another) affair!? The ending sure seemed to hint at that. Once a cheater... 

I don't mind Meredith/DeLuca nearly as much as y'all seem to, but I'm also not in love with the story. Meredith is just such a great character that he feels a bit... bland. I'm fine with them staying together as long as they continue to give Meredith other interesting stuff to do outside of the relationship. It looks like the piece she's publishing will get her in hot water with GSM next week, so that could be an interesting turn. 

I want a better story for Koracick, too. He was so great when he was introduced, but if they're only going to use him as a foil for Owen then I'm really disappointed. He's way too charming and funny to be just a thorn in Owen's side. I also think he was so layered in his relationship with April and that feels like it's missing - I want to see more sides of him now that he's a regular.

I've enjoyed these first 3 episodes but it also feels like they need a major shakeup / something exciting to happen soon. 

• Love 6
On 10/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, Lady Calypso said:

It's actually more interesting to me if Link is a bit hesitant, confused, and terrified.

I agree, and I think we're going to see a scene in the Plant Asylum where Linc tells Amelia more about having been a kid with cancer. He'll say (again) that until Amelia told him she was pregnant, he didn't even realize that he'd thought he was infertile. And he'll add that now, he understands why he'd want to believe that: if he were infertile, he'd never have to experience the other side of childhood cancer -- as the parent.

• Love 4

What does it say about me that I never learned the name of Head Scarf lady? Or Hot Asian doctor? Or Glasses's real name? Or the chubby blonde girl's name? Is that on me? Or is the show at fault for never fully developing these characters, or giving me a reason to care about them? I had no trouble learning the names of Meredith, Cristina, Alex, Izzy and George when this show started. Now the interns are all nameless extras to me.

At any rate, this show seems to think this is 1964 and you can just say "You're fired!" and an employee is gone. No. Sorry, it doesn't work that way anymore. It's REALLY hard to fire someone these days. You have to work with HR and create a paper trail of warnings and probations and so forth. It's a wonder Grey-Sloan hasn't been sued out of existence by now as it is but Bailey is just making it worse. And don't even get me started on the realities of Bailey firing someone who owns the damn hospital. 

Oh, Charmed. Hard to believe that show ended 13 years ago, but time has not been kind to Holly Marie Combs. 

BTW, does anyone get that Peaches & Herb song stuck in their head every time they see the episode title?

Well now I do. Thanks.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What does it say about me that I never learned the name of Head Scarf lady? Or Hot Asian doctor? Or Glasses's real name? Or the chubby blonde girl's name? Is that on me? Or is the show at fault for never fully developing these characters, or giving me a reason to care about them? I had no trouble learning the names of Meredith, Cristina, Alex, Izzy and George when this show started. Now the interns are all nameless extras to me.

I learned most if not all of them by reading comments here, so...

42 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Well now I do. Thanks.

Good, I'm not alone! 😛 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't mind the age difference. We had a nearly 20 year age gap between Mark (mid 40s) and Lexie (mid to late 20s). We had a 12 year age gap between Meredith and Derek. Alex is also in his early 40s and Jo is about 30ish at this point. So the age difference is just fine for me. The issue is how they had to handwave A LOT of the history between Meredith and Deluca to get this to work.

It's not as much the age difference, it's his immaturity for me. DeLuca could not handle Maggie being his boss, he was being a crybaby, but they are trying to tell me he can handle Mer who is also head of her department, owns a large part of the hospital, has thee children, a dead husband and a lot of trauma and loss in her life. No way he can be there for her. They are just trying to rewrite his character because Krista wants to stick to her guns, main character assassination be damed. And he is bland. Link or even Koracik (before they made him do what he is doing now) would be much better matches for her. 

Also I think Mer and Der had about 6 to 8 year difference maybe. In the pilot they say Mer in 32. When Addison goes to Private Practice, she says she was 39 and we have been led to assume Der, Addi and Mark were all the  same age. So that puts MerDer in a smaller gap then they wanted us to believe. But then again this is Grey's and they have changed the timeline so many times so knows at this point. 

Edited by catspjs
Grammer
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

*sighs* This season is only being saved by Amelink for me. Otherwise, super annoyed by every other character. 

This!!! Actually everything in Lady Calypso's post captures my feelings so I don't need to repeat. [And I can't believe I'm liking Amelia now when I previously hated her.  I think it's Owen -- I seem to hate anyone that is involved with him, he makes them awful].   

The other annoying thing was the Korean/American "love story." Besides the plot holes others noted, I'm always a little annoyed at the "she/he was my first true love" when neither of the people speak a word of the other's language.  I'm sorry, that may be a strong attraction or some sort of connection that could lead to love- but not love yet.  The fact that Bertie bought vegetables from her every week but couldn't actually communicate with her [how did he ask her to meet him at the train station and go to America with him?] does not equal love.  In my opinion anyway, but maybe I'm just a big ole cynic. 😆

Edited by AzraeltheCat
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

same here. I thought for a minute I was going to start remembering Head Scarf Lady's name but now she's fired. . . (for now)

3 hours ago, LavenderSunset said:

Honestly, I keep forgetting that Richard and Alex are in a different hospital!  It just seems like a scene from another floor or room.

I believe that is why they are careful to show Richard wearing green scrubs in Other Hospital--so you more quickly remember it's a different place.

• Love 2

Oh, Charmed. Hard to believe that show ended 13 years ago, but time has not been kind to Holly Marie Combs. 

I would say it’s some bad face fillers. She was looking relatively fine until this episode. Her forehead barely moved so maybe Botox too. 

• Love 2

I'm right there with you. all the names you called those characters are what I call them in my head. And the sad part? I don't care enough about any of them to learn their names.

Anyway I have No problem with Meredith having a fun fling with younger dude Deluca. I also have no problem with Mere getting "special treatment" or whatever -- some people (IRL) as well as fictional characters have 'charmed" lives <<See what I did there? Life itself treats them kindly. I am not jealous of that.

So was third sister Shannon Doherty??? Haha! I was hoping the actress would make an appearance.

Hm? Is Richard going to have an affair? Once a cheater always a cheater so I am fine with that scenario. I am personally surprised it hasn't happened before this.

I laughed every time Koricik came into the room and Owen had to leave. Only makes me love the character even more.

Linc and ... Amelia!!! (I can NEVER remember her name!) continue to be ok. At least her character has calmed down a little and she isn't so over the top insane.

Bailey and Mere have always had their ups and downs so it seems in character this strife between them. They have a sort of love/hate/admiration/distrust thing going on. It has been their dynamic for years.

I continue to be more interested in Pac Gen than the main hospital. I keep thinking that all of the fired/quitting people will move to Pac Gen and leave Bailey all alone. Agree that Qadri acting so upset that Meredith isn't there was out of character for her, should have been Helm. Wouldn't like to see Richard cheat, and would like even less if he started drinking again with the new woman who is also in recovery. I've had quite enough of Richard falling off the wagon and am really not interested to see it again. I am interested to see how they resolve the Meredith/job/license issue and would be happy to see her move to Pac Gen too. They have more interesting stories and people over there IMO. Also Loved seeing Phoebe and Prue, I squealed and got giddy for that story. And it makes me wonder how often that happens, where the wrong family is called after a disfiguring accident. I was left feeling very sad for the person who actually died, who may have a loving family with no idea where their loved one is or what happened. Would have liked to see a resolution to that.

• Love 2